Über Shift4Shop

Komplette Warenkorb- und Website-Lösung für Internethändler.

Erfahre mehr über Shift4Shop

Allows me to offer a large number a variations for my products. Free shipping for specific items only.

I have a bunch of clients that need stores. Each client has a little nuance to their specific needs, 3d cart is limited in that way.

Bewertungen zu Shift4Shop

4,0
3,9

Shift4Shop hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,1 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 129 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Shift4Shop bereits verwendet?

Stephen
Stephen
Quelle: GetApp

Easy to use & great support

Kommentare: We wrote our own website prior to using 3dcart and when tablets & smart phones started to be a big chunk of the search & buying we had to do something. 3dcart's system is so much easier that writing code. You can have a product added within just a few minutes. The cost saving in time pays for it's self over and over again. Plus now it automatically adjusts for every size screen and type of device like the smart phones ect.

The program has just about everything we need and other stuff to grow into. The support people are great, they help us when needed and normally solve my issues and questions in a few hours or less.

They have changed over to a new platform last year but most of the knowledge base questions and answers are for the old platform. So the directions are misleading because stuff has moved around to different places on the site. They still allow use of the old platform and really should force customer's to use the new version and update the knowledgebase.

Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great Solution for Growing Online Sales

Kommentare: 3dCart allowed our direct sale business to become an online business, with bells and whistles we thought would only be possible at a much higher monthly cost. We were able to develop a multi-state following, and offer incentives and loyalty programs, all for a very affordable monthly price. The headaches were minor in comparison to what 3dCart has done for us!

For a small, growing business with an ever-expanding product base, 3dCart meets the need for scalability, ease of adding product details, behind the scenes product management and point of sale tracking, giving a really good all-in-one place to track and grow without the heavy investment of some other popular solutions.

The printed reports are good, comprehensive, and useful; the ability to integrate them easily with other software is somewhat lacking; it can be done, but with some of the accounting software we tried, it was a difficult porting process. Customer service was as helpful as they could be, but many of our shortcomings became wish list suggestions for their developers.

Kristine
Großhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

This was MUCH better when it was 3dcart. It's garbage now, no support, and clunky.

Kommentare: I was a 3dcart customer, and the customer service, when they were owners, was very good. They were helpful, responsive, and patient. Shift4Shop who purchased them, is a complete 180 degrees from that. From flippant responses to legitimate questions on chat to ticket responses that take 10-14 days, there is simply NO value for the money. They bought out 3dcart, did nothing to improve anything, increased the price, and cut the customer service aspect of things. It's a shame, it used to be a good option for a small business owner who was willing to take the time to make a great site, for not as much $$ as the big outfits. HERE IS THE KICKER: I opted to leave about 5 months into the prepaid year ($830 or so). After requesting a refund for the remaining months, they denied me, saying "it's been more than 30 days since you purchased so we can't" which is a load of bull. It is a rule THEY made up. This company feels absolutely entitled to an entire year's service without actually providing the service. I was not surprised when I was denied, and it further confirmed that I had indeed made the right choice to leave this abysmal service.

What made 3dcart (bought by shift4shop) unique, was that there was a control for even the most minute function, allowing the user to have a tremendous amount of grasp of the overall customer experience. It was confusing at times, but that was offset by the relative ease of obtaining help from technical support when it got difficult.

The CRM is absolutely stupid. I would get an email from a customer, sent to my email address, but in order to reply, I had to log back into the CRM screen. It was highly inconvenient, and I far prefer Shopify's version which pushes my response via email directly to the customer. I can respond in almost real time.

Megan
Druck, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good for the price

Kommentare: It's a decent ecommerce platform. Easy enough for beginners and best of all its free.

Shift4Shop (previously 3dcart) is a FREE website ecommerce platform. Unlike some of their competitors that charge you for every transaction, Shift4shop does not take a commission and they do not charge a monthly fee. It really is free, which is amazing. You do need to use their credit card processor, and the fee is 3%. But you will pay a CC processor no matter what, so ultimately the ecommerce website is still free. They have templates that are ready to go and are pretty decent. Updates are done automatically, so you don't need to be a techy to keep up (this was a concern when we previously self hosted and did Woocommerce). Ultimately we are happy and would recommend Shift4shop.

You have no control over some things. One time the entire website went down. Customer service told me I didn't even have a domain with them - even though it had been working and taking orders until the day before. And their customer service is not good. They are out of the country and have no control. Every issue needs to go to a different department. Which is not a big deal for small things, but when your entire website won't work and you have customers emailing and calling (and ultimately ordering elsewhere) losing an entire day because of poor service is huge. Once their error was fixed, there was no apology or explanation. Before we launch any advertising campaigns or send emails to our customer database I always check the site, to make sure it's working. So the free price does with a tradeoff. I calculated what places like Shopify would take per transaction, vs what I lost in one of being down and I am still way, way ahead.

Jim
e-Commerce Manager in USA
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Viewing On Line Commerce in 3D

Kommentare: We have been able to offer financed products through 3D Cart and Klarna which has helped our on-line sales. It appears that 3D cart has a ways to go to make their web services seamless for less than IT Manager level users.

Initially because it allowed us to utilize Klarna. As we converted from ARI, I found that the site was much easier to navigate and manage than ARI.

Sizing of the photos. Some of the pages require a specific size of photo which isn't readily available. I haven't identified the path to convert what I want to what will fit, so my photos aren't consistent and frankly look amateur. When asked, the 3D staff said that they don't have a solution for this.

Katie
Owner in Kanada
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Love my website!

Allows me to offer a large number a variations for my products Free shipping for specific items only Integration with Canada Post Huge database with How To info Helpful customer service, quick to phone and the chat feature is handy

Occasional glitches where buttons won't work or tricky to find some menu options templates are not very customizable unless you have strong coding skills

Kelly
Web specialist in USA
Sportartikel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

There are better, easier solutions out there for the same costs

Kommentare: They had an excellent plan where you got the cart free if you used their payment processor. Then they changed that to charge if you did not process a certain amount through that payment processor. They decided to kill my legacy plan and delete my entire store and account out from under me without any warning. It was great until it wasn't.

They had an excellent plan where you got the cart free, if you used their payment processor. Lots of apps are included. Can use "out of the box" without having to add a bunch of paid options.

Their apps and setup are confusing and hard to figure out for someone just starting out. Single plan. One price good for established ecomm not good for start ups.

Domenico
Business Process Consultant in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

A great value for the money

Kommentare: Rather than spend the money at Shopify, you can save a lot and get a great website to sell your online products.

When I was looking into e-commerce platforms, a friend of mine recommended 3dcart. I had never heard of them but I'm glad I checked them out. They are located in the US, have great value for money and give control to build a great website.

If you aren't "tech" savvy, the customization is better left to a professional. Other than that, I really like the product offering and enjoy the user interface.

Scott
Scott
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Shift4shop Best FREE Shopping Platform Out There

Like the fact that its an entire platform like all the rest you pay for but its FREE!

Not found any as of yet any negative issues

Greg
Greg
President and Designer in
Möbel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Took two years to get ecomm site up and running

Kommentare: For our needs this was the best. None of the big three do absolutely everything. Requires lots of time and repetition to learn all the tricks, this is a deep program, but we have it do a lot and have it very customized.

Most everything is customizable if you can figure out how.

You will constantly run into something it doesn't do such as percentage pricing on options, but none of them do it all.

Jared
Chief Laborer in USA
Sportartikel, Selbstständig

Shift on past Shift4Shop and don't look back

Kommentare: Very negative. I gave it a try, they fell flat and didn't get up. I'm planning on taking my site down and finding a better solution that actually is stable and works.

Free, no fees except a processing percentage inline with other options.

Instructions to set up the site and transfer over your domain were missing. Hours wasted when I had to perform a specific ticket to get it to work that wasn't listed or documented. Setup is atrocious, not fluid, old outdated. I finished setup and took my site live and found out the credit card processing wasn't working. Several messages to support and the reply's back were so incoherent, no one could understand what they were saying. It wasn't even proper English or legible. I have missed over a month of sales because of how bad their processing setup is. Some of the support staff are ok, some shouldn't be allowed to work in the tech sector and should require adult supervision.

James
Co-owner in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Run as Fast as you can Forest! Run!

Kommentare: We used them for 2 years and had minor problems up until the end. For the last 2 months, customers were unable to checkout, or connect to our payment processor. We put in like 5 hot tickets to get fixed and day after day nothing was fixed and support got ruder and ruder with us! We lost thousands of dollars online with this company and now they are chasing us for renewal payment after I have already closed my store! Simply put, this is bad software with a poor customer care staff!

We used them for 2 years and had minor problems up until the end. For the last 2 months, customers were unable to checkout, or connect to our payment processor. We put in like 3 to 5 hot tickets to get fixed and day after day nothing was fixed and support got ruder and ruder with us! We lost thousands of dollars online with this company and now they are chasing us for a renewal payment! Simply put, this is bad software with a poor customer care staff!

Oh, the loss of money and our customers getting turned away online. Measures right up to the lack of response to do anything by the customer care and tech support departments!

Bill
General Manager in USA
Großhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great Company but difficult to get help when you need it

Kommentare: My overall experience until recently has been very good. I could generally figure out what I needed to do on my own. However, I don't it is anything special any longer.

Versatility, variety of plugins. Nice templates.

Customer service has really declined in the years I have used this software. When I first started you could get hold of someone early in the morning. Now it takes an executive order from Trump.

Lillian
Office Manager in USA
Medizinische Geräte, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

It is fairly easier program to operate.

Kommentare: We use it to enter in orders for our durable medical equipment. It allows us to print and/or email invoices instantly to our customers.

The way the format is set up. They have made several improvements over the last couple of years. Some good and some are not.

There is an Icon at the lower left of the program for messages. It cannot me moved to another part of the screen and no way to opt out of having that feature according to customer service. Also, when you accidentally enter an invalid password IT TAKES FOREVER for it to go blank so the password can be re-entered. It reminds me of the old dial-up response before high speed. And last it does not always import into our QuckBooks correctly and is time consuming to figure out why.

Jim
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Big Upgrade from Yahoo

Kommentare: I was searching for a platform that had the bells and whistles which Yahoo merchant solutions missed so badly. I found it with 3d cart. They offer apps and plugins that are optional and paid elsewhere. Also, I have found their method of building options on products to be one of the most simple and time saving of any other platform - and I have used quite a few. Customer service is very responsive. They partner with great providers - i.e. FusionBot search has been wonderful in creating a custom solution for our site. Thanks, 3d cart, for saving me from the exorbitant fees and headaches Yahoo had me experiencing.

Full solution

hosting resources and bandwidth fees

Computer-Vernetzung

Good start but ultimately had to switch

Kommentare: It was a great start for my eCommerce business

It's an all in one solution for eCommerce, has more features you'll need to start your business or run your online store at it's simplest form. Good customer service.

Lack of plugins and customization like Wordpress Woocommerce offers. Customization involves costly up sells from the 3dcart team. Exporting to another platform if and when you're ready is NOT clean and easy of a process. Was very messy to bring data to woocommerce.

A lot of glitches but it gets the job done

The one thing I do like about this software is that they are constantly updating and adding features. Products are easy to add. Orders are easy to manage.

The constant updates do cause glitches within the system. Unfortunately, customer service isnt always instant. I also wish there was more fields on the product page to add additional information. Fraudwatch is usually hit or miss. Sometimes it helps, most of the time it doesn't.

A Shopping Cart Jammed with Features, But a few issues prevented us from staying with them..

3dCart has so many features it's awesome. You can tweak every product to have individual options and custom messages etc. It also can handle buy buttons that you can place on other websites. The individual product options were very impressive. The user interface was easy to use. Lots of third part applications are integrated as well.

The stock templates always felt very dated. The layout blocks for new top sellers and new items etc are features that are never used on todays professional websites. The in store search did not work well and the filtering options were extremely limited without an add-on...which was still limited. The Mobile functionality was somewhat broken and people were not able to checkout for a while. The Customer Service wasn't too bad. The Chat was easy to get in touch, but the people on the other side didn't seem to understand their own platform sometimes. The email support was super slow.

Mark
Web Developer in USA
Bekleidung & Mode, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Good Value

Kommentare: We have 2 store sites with 3dCart and it's been pretty useful. It's relatively easy to manage the backend of your store. It allows you to do all of the business basics, and most of the product settings are pretty standard when you compare them with other e-commerce platforms. There are some limitations, but we haven't run into too many of those. The front-end design isn't bad either. They offer plenty of responsive (mobile and tablet friendly) templates, and with HTML and CSS knowledge, they are also customizable. Also works well with your accounting software. Most files are exportable in .csv format.

Easy to Use Great for Small Businesses

Monthly Fee Limitations

Mitch
proprieter in USA
, Selbstständig

Happy Volusion Switcher!

Kommentare: 3dcart was brought to my attention at a time where my frustration level with Volusion was peaking. I really didn't want to rebuild my website again, but 3dcart offered so much more bank for the buck that I had to commit and begin rebuilding. The feature I love most is product options - it has simplified my multi-sized product arrays from a both point of views, the customer and administrator. Absolutely love it! I could go on and on about other features that you pay extra of with Volusion, but I'll just say that 3dcart is far superior for the money than Volusion and GoDaddy as well (before Volusion). I didn't give it 5-stars for Features & Functionality because there are a couple simple improvements that 3dcart must make for that 5th star, so I hope they are busy with plans to keep innovating and expanding their eCommerce Platform!

Product Options

Lack of a user-editable price option feature. Rewards doesn't account for different level of rewards for a product with price level options. A feature (check-box) to disable directions on the contact us page - for eCommerce sites without a physical store, which is many, why show directions to an address that has no merit?

Kunst & Handwerk, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Deletes long term customers website.

Kommentare: Deleted my website after years of service with them. No warning, still charging because no admin logged in within 90 days.

Can't have pros if it deletes your site with no warning.

Deletes your site without warning you and charges you.

Clément
General director in Burkina Faso
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Shift4Shop

Its program has almost everything you need for better development the support people are great and are available to help you

Often the website breaks down and it's not interesting so you want to go elsewhere

Ella
associate in USA

Almost a perfect program, but there are a few kinks that need to be worked out.

The software is quite user friendly after learning the in's and out's. It makes cataloging orders super easy.

Occasionally the system can get very glitchy and mess up the final total cost of items purchased from the store. There seems to be a disconnect sometimes which can be very frustrating.

Carlos Adrián
Carlos Adrián
Mexiko
Quelle: GetApp

I use this cart now only by the point of sale

The software is good, but it is very difficult to integrate with other tools, I had to use zapier to be able to automate all my processes, but in general it has worked correctly

the addons are very expensive, it is difficult to develop something extra, the support by chat is not live, in reality they generate tickets and take a few hours to answer, you can not use your own SSL, it is necessary to buy one with them

Shannon
Practice Manager in USA
Tierarzt, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Shift4Shop

Kommentare: Overall, I like the product. And it serves it's purpose for our business.

It was fairly easy to set up my store, although there was a learning curve associated with getting it set up. I like that it integrates with our credit card processing company, Payjunction.

Customer service could be better. It takes support a few days to respond