Über Shift4Shop

Komplette Warenkorb- und Website-Lösung für Internethändler.

Erfahre mehr über Shift4Shop

Allows me to offer a large number a variations for my products. Free shipping for specific items only.

I have a bunch of clients that need stores. Each client has a little nuance to their specific needs, 3d cart is limited in that way.

Bewertungen zu Shift4Shop

4,0
3,9

Shift4Shop hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,1 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 129 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Shift4Shop bereits verwendet?

Stephen
Stephen
Quelle: GetApp

Easy to use & great support

Kommentare: We wrote our own website prior to using 3dcart and when tablets & smart phones started to be a big chunk of the search & buying we had to do something. 3dcart's system is so much easier that writing code. You can have a product added within just a few minutes. The cost saving in time pays for it's self over and over again. Plus now it automatically adjusts for every size screen and type of device like the smart phones ect.

The program has just about everything we need and other stuff to grow into. The support people are great, they help us when needed and normally solve my issues and questions in a few hours or less.

They have changed over to a new platform last year but most of the knowledge base questions and answers are for the old platform. So the directions are misleading because stuff has moved around to different places on the site. They still allow use of the old platform and really should force customer's to use the new version and update the knowledgebase.

Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great Solution for Growing Online Sales

Kommentare: 3dCart allowed our direct sale business to become an online business, with bells and whistles we thought would only be possible at a much higher monthly cost. We were able to develop a multi-state following, and offer incentives and loyalty programs, all for a very affordable monthly price. The headaches were minor in comparison to what 3dCart has done for us!

For a small, growing business with an ever-expanding product base, 3dCart meets the need for scalability, ease of adding product details, behind the scenes product management and point of sale tracking, giving a really good all-in-one place to track and grow without the heavy investment of some other popular solutions.

The printed reports are good, comprehensive, and useful; the ability to integrate them easily with other software is somewhat lacking; it can be done, but with some of the accounting software we tried, it was a difficult porting process. Customer service was as helpful as they could be, but many of our shortcomings became wish list suggestions for their developers.

Trevor
Director of IT in USA
Sportartikel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Decent platform, but ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE customer service.

Kommentare: While the program has a decent amount to offer, by far the worst part of it is your access to customer service or technical support. Their support structure is absolutely broken and makes it near impossible to get anything fixed. When you call, you only have access to their "Technical Support Specialists" who often hardly know anything when it comes to technical issues. There is often never a way to get things resolved over the phone, because they are required to create "tickets" that will receive responses at a later time, but once someone responds to your ticket when you send a response back, THEY DON'T RECEIVE IT. I now have been instructed to call them every time I send a response so that one of their support technicians can manually input my response for me. We have had a persisting issue with our website where our products are incorrectly displaying whether they are "In Stock" or "Out of Stock" which is a pretty big deal that has resulted in a loss of tens of thousands of dollars for our business because our customers assume that we are out of stock on our top products. This issue has been going on for over a month now, and they have gotten nowhere. Every time I get on the phone to check the progress of the (now "elevated") ticket, I have to re-explain the issue, and they try to push me to do the same things I have been doing for weeks. I have tried asking and pleading to talk to someone higher up or a developer of some sort, but they tell me that it's impossible. FML.

Shift4Shop (formerly 3dcart) is decent for small businesses that need a lot of included functionality fresh out of the box. You have access to a lot of tools if you know how to find and use them. Unfortunately, if any of these tools break or get held up, good luck getting help with fixing it.

By far the worst customer support I have experienced in a while. Many of the employees are quite kind and try hard to be helpful, but they send you around in circles and you can never talk to someone who is actually capable of resolving technical issues. Even when tickets are "elevated" and "marked as urgent" I run into the same issues of having to re-explain issues and getting nowhere. We are personally going on for over a month now with an unresolved issue that is significantly affecting our business. We have literally NOT MADE ANY PROGRESS on the issue, and it feels like I'm running in endless circles with their Tech Support team. I will go into further detail below.

Megan
Druck, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good for the price

Kommentare: It's a decent ecommerce platform. Easy enough for beginners and best of all its free.

Shift4Shop (previously 3dcart) is a FREE website ecommerce platform. Unlike some of their competitors that charge you for every transaction, Shift4shop does not take a commission and they do not charge a monthly fee. It really is free, which is amazing. You do need to use their credit card processor, and the fee is 3%. But you will pay a CC processor no matter what, so ultimately the ecommerce website is still free. They have templates that are ready to go and are pretty decent. Updates are done automatically, so you don't need to be a techy to keep up (this was a concern when we previously self hosted and did Woocommerce). Ultimately we are happy and would recommend Shift4shop.

You have no control over some things. One time the entire website went down. Customer service told me I didn't even have a domain with them - even though it had been working and taking orders until the day before. And their customer service is not good. They are out of the country and have no control. Every issue needs to go to a different department. Which is not a big deal for small things, but when your entire website won't work and you have customers emailing and calling (and ultimately ordering elsewhere) losing an entire day because of poor service is huge. Once their error was fixed, there was no apology or explanation. Before we launch any advertising campaigns or send emails to our customer database I always check the site, to make sure it's working. So the free price does with a tradeoff. I calculated what places like Shopify would take per transaction, vs what I lost in one of being down and I am still way, way ahead.

Jim
e-Commerce Manager in USA
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Viewing On Line Commerce in 3D

Kommentare: We have been able to offer financed products through 3D Cart and Klarna which has helped our on-line sales. It appears that 3D cart has a ways to go to make their web services seamless for less than IT Manager level users.

Initially because it allowed us to utilize Klarna. As we converted from ARI, I found that the site was much easier to navigate and manage than ARI.

Sizing of the photos. Some of the pages require a specific size of photo which isn't readily available. I haven't identified the path to convert what I want to what will fit, so my photos aren't consistent and frankly look amateur. When asked, the 3D staff said that they don't have a solution for this.

Henry
CEO in USA
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Effort Versus Cost

Kommentare: Having used the software for over a year, and keeping up to date with Shift4shop news and regularly scheduled fixes, we are fairly satisficed with the service. It was certainly a learning process, and we spent more time understanding the software than we would compared to a competing service, however the end result is acceptable. For a service that is mostly free to use, we have determined that the amount of work and learning required has been worth it.

We are constantly discovering new functions as the software is being used on a daily basis. Shift4shop truly has everything we need to operate a successful e-commerce business, and at no upfront cost (terms apply to that assessment). As far as we can determine, there are no essential features missing from the services that Shift4shop offers.

The software is most definitely not user-friendly for the common e-commerce entrepreneur. When we first starting using Shift4shop in early 2020, composing our storefront was a nightmare, and required that every member of our team need learn information, processes, and language just to navigate and operate the software. (Shift4shop does provide basic video tutorials for most functions, for new users).

Katie
Owner in Kanada
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Love my website!

Allows me to offer a large number a variations for my products Free shipping for specific items only Integration with Canada Post Huge database with How To info Helpful customer service, quick to phone and the chat feature is handy

Occasional glitches where buttons won't work or tricky to find some menu options templates are not very customizable unless you have strong coding skills

Scott
Scott
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Shift4shop Best FREE Shopping Platform Out There

Like the fact that its an entire platform like all the rest you pay for but its FREE!

Not found any as of yet any negative issues

Internet, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

3dcart Shopping cart software with a wide array of plug ins

Kommentare: We run quite a few businesses online and with 3dcart we have been able to use the different templates for our different businesses. We can use different payment gateways with 3dcart so this is great.

This software has a variety of templates that one can use. If you are technically savvy you can also make use of various other plugins. We liked it because ir can easily be integrated to google products as well.

Customer service seems to be a bit slow but when you do get someone, you are rest assured your problem will be solved.

Greg
Greg
President and Designer
Möbel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Took two years to get ecomm site up and running

Kommentare: For our needs this was the best. None of the big three do absolutely everything. Requires lots of time and repetition to learn all the tricks, this is a deep program, but we have it do a lot and have it very customized.

Most everything is customizable if you can figure out how.

You will constantly run into something it doesn't do such as percentage pricing on options, but none of them do it all.

Nghia
Entrepreneur in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Use it at your risk if you are a beginner!

Very friendly user interface and feature rich

Money grabber. Additional purchase of apps and features will continue to drain your money. Non-existing in-person support. Questions get answered after 24 hours. Good luck on demo and training. Everything regarding to money gets deferred to a non-working billing department. I left many unanswered messages and no responses.

Jim
Director in USA
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Best Shopping Cart Value Ever

Kommentare: I needed a shopping cart. I've used WooCommerce with PayPal before and was starting to use that for my new website. But it is clunky. I had heard of Shopify and decided to look into that solution. I started down the rabbit hole, found a few reviews that mentioned Shift4Shop, and never looked back.

The best thing about Shift4Shop is its price point - way less expensive than any other shopping cart out there. How much less expensive? All the way less expensive - it is free. Of course there is a catch with free, but that catch isn't oppressively - you need to use Shift4Payments as your credit card processor. The Shift4Payment fees are virtually the same as the fees rom PayPal or other online processors, so it comes out to be a complete non-issue. Another great thing about Shift4 is the support. It's impossible to learn new software without asking questions and their chat feature is great. Every time I've had a question, they have answered quickly and given me a link to the exact document or post about how to do what I was wanting to do. On the proverbial 1-10 scale, Shift4Shop gets a solid 11.

Like any software, there is a learning curve. And there are a few nit-picky things, but none of the nits are even close to a game-changer. There are a few head-scratching rough edge items - here's one example: When you enter your product's name, the default text is "Product Name" and when you click in the box, your curser is at the end of Product Name and you need to backspace those two words away. But all the other data boxes have the default text disappears when you click in the box. (Yes, I published a few items for sale with a name like "Product NameWidget") It could also be clearer if you saved a product after entering it. Another weirdness - when you start entering a new product, the image upload is right there on the new product page. But if you edit a product, the image upload is now hidden in a new tab. The only other dislike is that sometimes it takes 5 to 20 minutes for a new product or a product change to show up. I see it fine in my browser, but when I look on my phone or from another computer, it isn't there yet. Republishing the product often helps.

Kim
Bekleidung & Mode, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

100% Awesome!!!!!

Kommentare: I was a little worried since I read some not so great reviews and I read about all the features that could be confusing. WELL.....I have to say that I have had absolutely NO issues what-so-ever. Customer Service has been AMAZING! I can chat with a rep any time day or night and someone ALWAYS answers my crazy questions. There have been 2 times they had to put in a ticket to get something resolved that they could not help me with through the chat, but it always gets done. I even called one day to speak to someone and the lady was so sweet and helpful. I am just blown away! And...wow, this program has so many amazing features. You could not ask for more. Super happy with Shift4Shop right now. I kinda just want to pinch myself and make sure this is for real. I am not a website builder and there are so many features to this, you can get overwhelmed a little.....but customer service through the chat is amazing and I have learned the features and I am enjoying seeing my website come together. GREAT job shift4shop, keep up the great work and keep supporting your customer service people....they are doing an amazing job!!!!

What I like most about the software is the fact that there are SO MANY OPTIONS! You can do almost anything with this software. I love the reward points system.....we were using something similar in a facebook group for a group of customers, but of course we had to write it all down and keep track. This program does it for you. AND......I was able to go into the settings and change the "reward points" wording to say "Queen Buck"......OMG.....that just made my day. This software is so customizable. Great job Shift4Shop! You guys ROCK!!!!

I would say the only con.....which is really not the fault of shift4shop, but the user......is there are so many features, you can get a little overwhelmed...but only at first. Once I got the hang of it....wow, it's amazing.

Leslie
VP MARKETING/SALES in USA
Druck, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

robust platform experiencing declining customer service, increasing "glitches", increasing pricing

Kommentare: We stayed with Shift 4 Shop/3dcartstores due to the functionality of the platform. The cost used to be good and the customer service much better in the past. However, over the course of the last year we have been experiencing an uptick in "glitches" on their platform. You almost have to demand to speak to management and then when / if they get to you. My most current situation is that all of our products have incorrect captioning descriptions, i.e. a red shirt is captioned black, AND THERE is no correction as of now since putting in a ticket over 3 days ago. According to them, it seems to be a "global" issue affecting everyones site on the platforms.

Increasing "glitches" either globally or domain specific. Long or no response from upper management on serious issues such as missing orders, description issues. etc.

Owner in UK
Kunst & Handwerk, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

What happened folks ?

Kommentare: Poor after 3dcart. . Firstly they are stopping the use of Smarter Mail a key ingredient of communication easily working with the web site (or did).
Since the 8th March our site speeds under GT Metrix have gone from 1.5sec to 10.4 and last night 25 so we are dead in the water. S4S said possible server issue .. we'll migrate".. to date nothing, confirmed this morning, .. nothing. So in the next couple of weeks or so we'll move. Very sad.. but they still keep taking the money. I just don't understand why you would entertain receiving negative reviews for a clearly pointed out issue.

Generally under 3dcart they resolved any issues we had quickly.

Under 3dcart very little issues except technical coding that with our 20 odd years of building sites from scratch we overcame.

Ryan
President in USA
Konsumgüter, Selbstständig

My Experience With 3dCart

Kommentare: Site was pretty easy to set up but their support is excellent! Very knowledgeable and friendly. Whenever I have a problem, they jump on it and come up with a solution quickly, which is very helpful since i am a business man and not a programmer. Maintenance fee is very reasonable which helps the bottom line. Their online knowledge base is good but a little difficult to use since the options lack the detail to easily find your option. I had trouble setting up the merchant account and thought that better integration with Persolvent would help, especially explaining the different plan options. The Persolvent options gave me the inpression that the two companies were more turnkey without spending time over a week and a half to complete the integration. Ended up going with PayPal because the integration was much easier. Again, 3dCart's phone reps were very helpful and took charge of solving the problem for me. I highly recommend 3dCart if you are designing an E-Commerce site for your business.

Pretty easy to use

Integration to other services like Avalara and Persolvent .

Computer-Vernetzung

Good start but ultimately had to switch

Kommentare: It was a great start for my eCommerce business

It's an all in one solution for eCommerce, has more features you'll need to start your business or run your online store at it's simplest form. Good customer service.

Lack of plugins and customization like Wordpress Woocommerce offers. Customization involves costly up sells from the 3dcart team. Exporting to another platform if and when you're ready is NOT clean and easy of a process. Was very messy to bring data to woocommerce.

A lot of glitches but it gets the job done

The one thing I do like about this software is that they are constantly updating and adding features. Products are easy to add. Orders are easy to manage.

The constant updates do cause glitches within the system. Unfortunately, customer service isnt always instant. I also wish there was more fields on the product page to add additional information. Fraudwatch is usually hit or miss. Sometimes it helps, most of the time it doesn't.

Eva
E-Commerce Coordinator in USA
Baumaterial, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Greatest Value Shopping Cart

Kommentare: I have used many shopping carts such as Shopify, BigCommerce, VirtueMart (Joomla) and Miva 9, and 3dCart is by far the best. Many users claim that Shopify provides good SEO - yes and no. I found out that this is because Shopify automatically fill in the meta tag fields, so a novice user does not have to worry about SEO. Most of these other platforms have many restrictions and more meant for novice users. For 3dcart, one has the flexibility to do anything and get the best out of the platform. I particular love the support and technical teams. They go all the way out to assist us, even to restructure the databases to accommodate our migration. To me, that's impressive. 3dCart includes many apps as standard for a low monthly price, whereas, many of these important apps such as customer management system, live chat etc are not included in most of these other platforms, and one would have to purchase the apps separately from third parties which may make the monthly operating cost very high. As a previous Shopify user myself, I've heard many disgruntle users over the high monthly costs and many are contemplating migrating. For me and my company, 3dCart provides the best value and I award it with 5 stars all round. Well done, 3dCart!

Easy to use, flexible, value for money

Setting up sub-categories can be a challenge

Jeff
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

3D cart eCommerce experience

Kommentare: I have used 3dcart for over three years now and have 3 sites hosted with them.
They are sharp on their customer support and the features are abundant.
I would recommend them for a start up business or a ongoing business to launch a web site and become part of the eCommerce revolution.

All the features and the reliability of the company.

Pricey on the hosting plan I am on due to traffic but not reflected in my sales.

Nik
IT in USA

Great as a whole

The 3dcart-platform is a good starter e-commerce platform for those trying to launch a commerce store. It's easy to use and offers a complete e-commerce solution.

Not a huge fan of the different price-tier plans that they offer. If you're on the lower plans you seem to always exceed you bandwidth limit.

Clément
General director in Burkina Faso
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Shift4Shop

Its program has almost everything you need for better development the support people are great and are available to help you

Often the website breaks down and it's not interesting so you want to go elsewhere

Ella
associate in USA

Almost a perfect program, but there are a few kinks that need to be worked out.

The software is quite user friendly after learning the in's and out's. It makes cataloging orders super easy.

Occasionally the system can get very glitchy and mess up the final total cost of items purchased from the store. There seems to be a disconnect sometimes which can be very frustrating.

Carlos Adrián
Carlos Adrián
Mexiko
Quelle: GetApp

I use this cart now only by the point of sale

The software is good, but it is very difficult to integrate with other tools, I had to use zapier to be able to automate all my processes, but in general it has worked correctly

the addons are very expensive, it is difficult to develop something extra, the support by chat is not live, in reality they generate tickets and take a few hours to answer, you can not use your own SSL, it is necessary to buy one with them

Shannon
Practice Manager in USA
Tierarzt, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Shift4Shop

Kommentare: Overall, I like the product. And it serves it's purpose for our business.

It was fairly easy to set up my store, although there was a learning curve associated with getting it set up. I like that it integrates with our credit card processing company, Payjunction.

Customer service could be better. It takes support a few days to respond