Über Shift4Shop

Komplette Warenkorb- und Website-Lösung für Internethändler.

Erfahre mehr über Shift4Shop

Allows me to offer a large number a variations for my products. Free shipping for specific items only.

I have a bunch of clients that need stores. Each client has a little nuance to their specific needs, 3d cart is limited in that way.

Bewertungen zu Shift4Shop

Shift4Shop hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,3 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 116 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Shift4Shop bereits verwendet?

Stephen H.
Stephen H.
Quelle: GetApp

Easy to use & great support

Kommentare: We wrote our own website prior to using 3dcart and when tablets & smart phones started to be a big chunk of the search & buying we had to do something. 3dcart's system is so much easier that writing code. You can have a product added within just a few minutes. The cost saving in time pays for it's self over and over again. Plus now it automatically adjusts for every size screen and type of device like the smart phones ect.

The program has just about everything we need and other stuff to grow into. The support people are great, they help us when needed and normally solve my issues and questions in a few hours or less.

They have changed over to a new platform last year but most of the knowledge base questions and answers are for the old platform. So the directions are misleading because stuff has moved around to different places on the site. They still allow use of the old platform and really should force customer's to use the new version and update the knowledgebase.

Megan M.
Druck, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Good for the price

Kommentare: It's a decent ecommerce platform. Easy enough for beginners and best of all its free.

Shift4Shop (previously 3dcart) is a FREE website ecommerce platform. Unlike some of their competitors that charge you for every transaction, Shift4shop does not take a commission and they do not charge a monthly fee. It really is free, which is amazing. You do need to use their credit card processor, and the fee is 3%. But you will pay a CC processor no matter what, so ultimately the ecommerce website is still free. They have templates that are ready to go and are pretty decent. Updates are done automatically, so you don't need to be a techy to keep up (this was a concern when we previously self hosted and did Woocommerce). Ultimately we are happy and would recommend Shift4shop.

You have no control over some things. One time the entire website went down. Customer service told me I didn't even have a domain with them - even though it had been working and taking orders until the day before. And their customer service is not good. They are out of the country and have no control. Every issue needs to go to a different department. Which is not a big deal for small things, but when your entire website won't work and you have customers emailing and calling (and ultimately ordering elsewhere) losing an entire day because of poor service is huge. Once their error was fixed, there was no apology or explanation. Before we launch any advertising campaigns or send emails to our customer database I always check the site, to make sure it's working. So the free price does with a tradeoff. I calculated what places like Shopify would take per transaction, vs what I lost in one of being down and I am still way, way ahead.

James J.
Co-owner in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Run as Fast as you can Forest! Run!

1 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: We used them for 2 years and had minor problems up until the end. For the last 2 months, customers were unable to checkout, or connect to our payment processor. We put in like 5 hot tickets to get fixed and day after day nothing was fixed and support got ruder and ruder with us! We lost thousands of dollars online with this company and now they are chasing us for renewal payment after I have already closed my store! Simply put, this is bad software with a poor customer care staff!

We used them for 2 years and had minor problems up until the end. For the last 2 months, customers were unable to checkout, or connect to our payment processor. We put in like 3 to 5 hot tickets to get fixed and day after day nothing was fixed and support got ruder and ruder with us! We lost thousands of dollars online with this company and now they are chasing us for a renewal payment! Simply put, this is bad software with a poor customer care staff!

Oh, the loss of money and our customers getting turned away online. Measures right up to the lack of response to do anything by the customer care and tech support departments!

Scott B.
Scott B.

Shift4shop Best FREE Shopping Platform Out There

Like the fact that its an entire platform like all the rest you pay for but its FREE!

Not found any as of yet any negative issues

Course Instructor in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great Solution for Growing Online Sales

Kommentare: 3dCart allowed our direct sale business to become an online business, with bells and whistles we thought would only be possible at a much higher monthly cost. We were able to develop a multi-state following, and offer incentives and loyalty programs, all for a very affordable monthly price. The headaches were minor in comparison to what 3dCart has done for us!

For a small, growing business with an ever-expanding product base, 3dCart meets the need for scalability, ease of adding product details, behind the scenes product management and point of sale tracking, giving a really good all-in-one place to track and grow without the heavy investment of some other popular solutions.

The printed reports are good, comprehensive, and useful; the ability to integrate them easily with other software is somewhat lacking; it can be done, but with some of the accounting software we tried, it was a difficult porting process. Customer service was as helpful as they could be, but many of our shortcomings became wish list suggestions for their developers.

Jim P.
e-Commerce Manager in USA
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Viewing On Line Commerce in 3D

Kommentare: We have been able to offer financed products through 3D Cart and Klarna which has helped our on-line sales. It appears that 3D cart has a ways to go to make their web services seamless for less than IT Manager level users.

Initially because it allowed us to utilize Klarna. As we converted from ARI, I found that the site was much easier to navigate and manage than ARI.

Sizing of the photos. Some of the pages require a specific size of photo which isn't readily available. I haven't identified the path to convert what I want to what will fit, so my photos aren't consistent and frankly look amateur. When asked, the 3D staff said that they don't have a solution for this.

Katie P.
Owner in Kanada
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Love my website!

Allows me to offer a large number a variations for my products Free shipping for specific items only Integration with Canada Post Huge database with How To info Helpful customer service, quick to phone and the chat feature is handy

Occasional glitches where buttons won't work or tricky to find some menu options templates are not very customizable unless you have strong coding skills

Domenico C.
Business Process Consultant in USA

A great value for the money

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Rather than spend the money at Shopify, you can save a lot and get a great website to sell your online products.

When I was looking into e-commerce platforms, a friend of mine recommended 3dcart. I had never heard of them but I'm glad I checked them out. They are located in the US, have great value for money and give control to build a great website.

If you aren't "tech" savvy, the customization is better left to a professional. Other than that, I really like the product offering and enjoy the user interface.

Jim S.
Director in USA
Bau, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Best Shopping Cart Value Ever

Kommentare: I needed a shopping cart. I've used WooCommerce with PayPal before and was starting to use that for my new website. But it is clunky. I had heard of Shopify and decided to look into that solution. I started down the rabbit hole, found a few reviews that mentioned Shift4Shop, and never looked back.

The best thing about Shift4Shop is its price point - way less expensive than any other shopping cart out there. How much less expensive? All the way less expensive - it is free. Of course there is a catch with free, but that catch isn't oppressively - you need to use Shift4Payments as your credit card processor. The Shift4Payment fees are virtually the same as the fees rom PayPal or other online processors, so it comes out to be a complete non-issue. Another great thing about Shift4 is the support. It's impossible to learn new software without asking questions and their chat feature is great. Every time I've had a question, they have answered quickly and given me a link to the exact document or post about how to do what I was wanting to do. On the proverbial 1-10 scale, Shift4Shop gets a solid 11.

Like any software, there is a learning curve. And there are a few nit-picky things, but none of the nits are even close to a game-changer. There are a few head-scratching rough edge items - here's one example: When you enter your product's name, the default text is "Product Name" and when you click in the box, your curser is at the end of Product Name and you need to backspace those two words away. But all the other data boxes have the default text disappears when you click in the box. (Yes, I published a few items for sale with a name like "Product NameWidget") It could also be clearer if you saved a product after entering it. Another weirdness - when you start entering a new product, the image upload is right there on the new product page. But if you edit a product, the image upload is now hidden in a new tab. The only other dislike is that sometimes it takes 5 to 20 minutes for a new product or a product change to show up. I see it fine in my browser, but when I look on my phone or from another computer, it isn't there yet. Republishing the product often helps.

Kim G.
Bekleidung & Mode, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

100% Awesome!!!!!

Kommentare: I was a little worried since I read some not so great reviews and I read about all the features that could be confusing. WELL.....I have to say that I have had absolutely NO issues what-so-ever. Customer Service has been AMAZING! I can chat with a rep any time day or night and someone ALWAYS answers my crazy questions. There have been 2 times they had to put in a ticket to get something resolved that they could not help me with through the chat, but it always gets done. I even called one day to speak to someone and the lady was so sweet and helpful. I am just blown away! And...wow, this program has so many amazing features. You could not ask for more. Super happy with Shift4Shop right now. I kinda just want to pinch myself and make sure this is for real. I am not a website builder and there are so many features to this, you can get overwhelmed a little.....but customer service through the chat is amazing and I have learned the features and I am enjoying seeing my website come together. GREAT job shift4shop, keep up the great work and keep supporting your customer service people....they are doing an amazing job!!!!

What I like most about the software is the fact that there are SO MANY OPTIONS! You can do almost anything with this software. I love the reward points system.....we were using something similar in a facebook group for a group of customers, but of course we had to write it all down and keep track. This program does it for you. AND......I was able to go into the settings and change the "reward points" wording to say "Queen Buck"......OMG.....that just made my day. This software is so customizable. Great job Shift4Shop! You guys ROCK!!!!

I would say the only con.....which is really not the fault of shift4shop, but the user......is there are so many features, you can get a little overwhelmed...but only at first. Once I got the hang of it....wow, it's amazing.

Jessica L.
owner in USA
Groߟhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Very Intense Shopping Cart

Kommentare: Having an oversized website can be a huge headache. But breaking things down to parts and structuring them to the 3D Cart system has made it much easier to keep things organized.

It works well with any level of developer. For beginners you can make and publish a product with just a name, pic and price. But the more savvy can get as detailed on the products and functionality as they want. The site even allows for custom programming and html mock ups. So as a simple to diverse system, this has been the best I've seen. And I have tried many platforms. This has been my favorite. And when they say "unlimited" they mean Unlimited.

Having such a large website sometimes things break and take time to fix. But they do have 24 hour support to help.

Robert J.
Business Owner in USA
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Excellent product

Kommentare: I have used 3dCart for my online store probably for more than 10 years now, and I have been completely satisfied with their program and with their customer service. Their software is easy to use and easy to learn. I had them set up the program for me when I first began and it is still working smoothly today.

ease of use, updates are automatically applied and are not done very often so there is no disruption, excellent service support, flexible program can be easily customized, competitive pricing, excellent tutorials, no coding skill is necessary for use, good communication from the company from

too many options for add ons for similar types of add on modules, a lot of space wasted on the screen (better now with the latest upgrade), finding photos in file manager is difficult

Success Adviser in USA
Professionelles Training & Coaching, Selbstständig

the best ecommerce shopping cart software

Kommentare: Well-priced service with plenty of customization options and excellent customer support!

unparalleled customization options. Solid customer support. Lots of payment gateway options. Integration with Google Sponsored, ebay, etc. Cheaper than the competition. Most importantly, the ability to tag items with metadata and key words for SEO purposes.

There's a few small glitches. Returns of individual line items is not easy. Sometimes the username/password input seems to freeze up. Knowledge base still references old platform. But overall well worth it.

Bill B.
General Manager in USA
Groߟhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great Company but difficult to get help when you need it

Kommentare: My overall experience until recently has been very good. I could generally figure out what I needed to do on my own. However, I don't it is anything special any longer.

Versatility, variety of plugins. Nice templates.

Customer service has really declined in the years I have used this software. When I first started you could get hold of someone early in the morning. Now it takes an executive order from Trump.

Lillian B.
Office Manager in USA
Medizinische Geräte, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

It is fairly easier program to operate.

Kommentare: We use it to enter in orders for our durable medical equipment. It allows us to print and/or email invoices instantly to our customers.

The way the format is set up. They have made several improvements over the last couple of years. Some good and some are not.

There is an Icon at the lower left of the program for messages. It cannot me moved to another part of the screen and no way to opt out of having that feature according to customer service. Also, when you accidentally enter an invalid password IT TAKES FOREVER for it to go blank so the password can be re-entered. It reminds me of the old dial-up response before high speed. And last it does not always import into our QuckBooks correctly and is time consuming to figure out why.

Trevor B.
Director of IT in USA
Sportartikel, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Decent platform, but ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE customer service.

Kommentare: While the program has a decent amount to offer, by far the worst part of it is your access to customer service or technical support. Their support structure is absolutely broken and makes it near impossible to get anything fixed. When you call, you only have access to their "Technical Support Specialists" who often hardly know anything when it comes to technical issues. There is often never a way to get things resolved over the phone, because they are required to create "tickets" that will receive responses at a later time, but once someone responds to your ticket when you send a response back, THEY DON'T RECEIVE IT. I now have been instructed to call them every time I send a response so that one of their support technicians can manually input my response for me. We have had a persisting issue with our website where our products are incorrectly displaying whether they are "In Stock" or "Out of Stock" which is a pretty big deal that has resulted in a loss of tens of thousands of dollars for our business because our customers assume that we are out of stock on our top products. This issue has been going on for over a month now, and they have gotten nowhere. Every time I get on the phone to check the progress of the (now "elevated") ticket, I have to re-explain the issue, and they try to push me to do the same things I have been doing for weeks. I have tried asking and pleading to talk to someone higher up or a developer of some sort, but they tell me that it's impossible. FML.

Shift4Shop (formerly 3dcart) is decent for small businesses that need a lot of included functionality fresh out of the box. You have access to a lot of tools if you know how to find and use them. Unfortunately, if any of these tools break or get held up, good luck getting help with fixing it.

By far the worst customer support I have experienced in a while. Many of the employees are quite kind and try hard to be helpful, but they send you around in circles and you can never talk to someone who is actually capable of resolving technical issues. Even when tickets are "elevated" and "marked as urgent" I run into the same issues of having to re-explain issues and getting nowhere. We are personally going on for over a month now with an unresolved issue that is significantly affecting our business. We have literally NOT MADE ANY PROGRESS on the issue, and it feels like I'm running in endless circles with their Tech Support team. I will go into further detail below.

Henry W.
CEO in USA

Effort Versus Cost

Kommentare: Having used the software for over a year, and keeping up to date with Shift4shop news and regularly scheduled fixes, we are fairly satisficed with the service. It was certainly a learning process, and we spent more time understanding the software than we would compared to a competing service, however the end result is acceptable. For a service that is mostly free to use, we have determined that the amount of work and learning required has been worth it.

We are constantly discovering new functions as the software is being used on a daily basis. Shift4shop truly has everything we need to operate a successful e-commerce business, and at no upfront cost (terms apply to that assessment). As far as we can determine, there are no essential features missing from the services that Shift4shop offers.

The software is most definitely not user-friendly for the common e-commerce entrepreneur. When we first starting using Shift4shop in early 2020, composing our storefront was a nightmare, and required that every member of our team need learn information, processes, and language just to navigate and operate the software. (Shift4shop does provide basic video tutorials for most functions, for new users).

Karolyn S.
Developer in USA

Solid Sofware with API Capabilities

opportunity to customize is not limited. We've been using 3D cart for about 5 years. I've been mostly happy with how it works. If you have some development background, that helps but is not required. The import/export features and the ability to have control over your site is where they shine. Customer returns are off -- you can return an order easy enough, but if you're returning single line items, it doesn't work -- you have to band-aid that part. Customer service is stellar. For the price, it offers a lot of functionality and opportunity for 3rd party integrations.

the actual back end phone order/customer service/returns etc needs tweaked.

Senior Vice President, Operations in USA
Geschäftsbedarf & -einrichtung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

#1 eCommerce Software

Kommentare: It is the ease of use which we at Ascend Tools really like. It is full of rich features like detail product listings (more than other platforms), SEO, optimization, integration with Google, ebay and others.
Many modern and conventional templates; there is one for any kind of business.
Almost unlimited number of payment gateways and many payment options; last one was Pay with Amazon in September 2016.

Integration with Google Sponsored product listing and upload. The customer support doesn't rest until they have answered your question.

3dCart is open to new ideas and provides a web site to enter ideas too. But they are a bit slow in bringing in at least critical features.

Ryan N.
President in USA
Konsumgüter, Selbstständig

My Experience With 3dCart

Kommentare: Site was pretty easy to set up but their support is excellent! Very knowledgeable and friendly. Whenever I have a problem, they jump on it and come up with a solution quickly, which is very helpful since i am a business man and not a programmer. Maintenance fee is very reasonable which helps the bottom line. Their online knowledge base is good but a little difficult to use since the options lack the detail to easily find your option. I had trouble setting up the merchant account and thought that better integration with Persolvent would help, especially explaining the different plan options. The Persolvent options gave me the inpression that the two companies were more turnkey without spending time over a week and a half to complete the integration. Ended up going with PayPal because the integration was much easier. Again, 3dCart's phone reps were very helpful and took charge of solving the problem for me. I highly recommend 3dCart if you are designing an E-Commerce site for your business.

Pretty easy to use

Integration to other services like Avalara and Persolvent .

Silvanus O.
Silvanus O.
Distributor Management System Administrator in Nigeria
Molkerei, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

3dCart does E_commerse BETTER

Kommentare: 3dcart is one of its kind, i can always recommend this app to everyone that cares to build an online presence for their business. You will never regret using 3dcart. everything you need to sell online is on 3dcart!

using 3dCart you have great opportunity and access to everything you need for creating a complete eCommerce website, online store and blog on a free of charge basis As an aspiring seller, you don't have to own a factory before you can begin selling products online. the dropshipping platform by 3dcart is awesome There is a top notch SEO on 3dcart that helps you optimize your website to be seen by more visitors and consequently convert more of them into paying customers within few minutes you can sign up and set up your account. then begin to customize it with the numerous tools already available on the platform to suite what you have in mind for your business

The liability to be bear by small/upcoming seller using the drop shipping avenue could be more strictly dealt with such that the seller don't have to go through a lot of rigor to settle dispute that has to do wit orders.

Mary A.
Co- Owner in USA
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

From a blank page to a full site the little home brew store that could!

Kommentare: This was my first experience with a web page. I had to start our on line store. I had little or no experience with this sort of thing. I am proud to say our site is very easy to use. If I have a question or problem Customer Support is right there to help. I would recommend this to any one who needs a on line presents. If I can do you so can you!

The choices and ease of use. The little clips that walk me threw something that I am trying to do for the first time.

Not having a little clip in certain sections to walk me threw the first time. Wish you had more options like constant contact for news letters Then I would not need them and would be able to do it all in one spot.

Eva J.
E-Commerce Coordinator in USA
Baumaterial, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Greatest Value Shopping Cart

Kommentare: I have used many shopping carts such as Shopify, BigCommerce, VirtueMart (Joomla) and Miva 9, and 3dCart is by far the best. Many users claim that Shopify provides good SEO - yes and no. I found out that this is because Shopify automatically fill in the meta tag fields, so a novice user does not have to worry about SEO. Most of these other platforms have many restrictions and more meant for novice users. For 3dcart, one has the flexibility to do anything and get the best out of the platform. I particular love the support and technical teams. They go all the way out to assist us, even to restructure the databases to accommodate our migration. To me, that's impressive. 3dCart includes many apps as standard for a low monthly price, whereas, many of these important apps such as customer management system, live chat etc are not included in most of these other platforms, and one would have to purchase the apps separately from third parties which may make the monthly operating cost very high. As a previous Shopify user myself, I've heard many disgruntle users over the high monthly costs and many are contemplating migrating. For me and my company, 3dCart provides the best value and I award it with 5 stars all round. Well done, 3dCart!

Easy to use, flexible, value for money

Setting up sub-categories can be a challenge

Jim L.

Big Upgrade from Yahoo

Kommentare: I was searching for a platform that had the bells and whistles which Yahoo merchant solutions missed so badly. I found it with 3d cart. They offer apps and plugins that are optional and paid elsewhere. Also, I have found their method of building options on products to be one of the most simple and time saving of any other platform - and I have used quite a few. Customer service is very responsive. They partner with great providers - i.e. FusionBot search has been wonderful in creating a custom solution for our site. Thanks, 3d cart, for saving me from the exorbitant fees and headaches Yahoo had me experiencing.

Full solution

hosting resources and bandwidth fees

Tom K.
Owner and General Manager in USA

I am amazed at how many good things 3D cart does.

It is feature rich. It does everything it should, and It even has modules that can be turned on that do even more. This is an excellent shopping cart and I now have three of them. Easy to use once you get the hang of it.

There are some things I would like to add, things I consider to be basic customizations, like the ability to add flat rate shipping at different rates per product. 3D Cart has for hire programmers to do it but for a steep price. I would like more affordable customizations.