PhotoShelter for Brands Erfahrungen

Über PhotoShelter for Brands

Libris ist die einfachste und schnellste Cloud-basierte Digital-Asset-Management-Plattform für visuelle Medien.

Erfahre mehr über PhotoShelter for Brands

I love the customer service-- our rep is out of sight.

Buttons move around depending on view making it confusing. Lack of intelligent meta tagging based on previous tags.

Bewertungen zu PhotoShelter for Brands

PhotoShelter for Brands hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 252 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du PhotoShelter for Brands bereits verwendet?

Mahmoud
Mahmoud
Photographer in Ägypten
Fotografie, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Arrange, store, and share your data in one package called PhotoShelter for Brands

Kommentare: I'm so thrilled that I have full access to share my work without worrying about security.

It's very cool organizing the data and arranging them in files, also working on them remotely.

It needs more consideration about the price plans as it is a little bit expensive.

Joe
Joe
Associate Director - Digital Marketing in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Robust DAM with room for growth

Kommentare: We are in year two of our contract and it has taken us some time to get fully on board using the software. so far, Libris has been a big help as we slowly transition all our files off an old in-house server. We have the opportunity now to review each folder and label it appropriately so we can find our assets quicker in the future.

Libris has an excellent permissions system. Each collect and gallery can be individually set to be accessible in a few different ways, and then each photo can be set to be expired or rejected.

There are three different user types: Invited, Contributors, and Library Staff. For our plan you get unlimited Invited users, which only have access to the front end portal and what you decide each user can see, which is fine. Contributors can only upload files--which is a a type we don't really use. Now the last type is called Library Staff and these users are the ones who really hold the power to edit, name, tag files, and set permissions. The problem is that you only get a small number of Library accounts and every additional seat needed is an exorbitant yearly cost on top of the plan cost

ned
Lead Photographer in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

It Gets the Job Done Quickly

Kommentare: I came to Libris from a legacy DAM that became very expensive. Libris works better in many respects such as ability to deliver photos anywhere in the world without running my own web site. My clients like it but some of us luddites don't notice when a password is provided because it's at the bottom.

Super easy to upload photos from Lightroom, with keywords extracted automatically. I can control who gets which files by password or grouped user rights. I can instantly send emails to recipients with links and passwords. Even though it's cloud based it's pretty quick. Client can choose the size file they want to download.

Inability to search by "filename starts with". The search function is not intuitive in that there is only one box to search keywords and operators are required to try to refine searches. I'd like to be able to resize the visibility and access box. Users can strip the metadata when downloading.

Jason
DIrector of Digital Communications in USA
Hochschulbildung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

The best that's out there right now

Kommentare: Setting up our site was relatively painless and we're just populating our library now so that we can launch our organization image repository int he near future.

Great ability to connect with Adobe products. Lots of tagging and organization options. The front end is attractive and easy to use for users.

Setting permissions is a bit cryptic, especially if you're using it as a DAM and not as a storefront for a photography business. Only having 2 included library seats is troublesome when using as an enterprise app.

Andrea
Publications Manager in USA
Verlagswesen, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Libris Review

I really like how detailed you can be when doing a search for images. Overall it's a nice streamlined system, but I think there is always an opportunity for improvement.

If you use this system on a daily bases it works well and fairly easy to navigate, but new users seem to struggle. It also feels like there are too many steps sometimes.

Jeff
Senior Photographer in USA

Libris only

Kommentare: Libris has given us all the functionality and answers we wanted in a asset management solution

cloud based, industry standard, support, functional

multiple downloads from a search result is cumbersome

Christiana
Programming Coordinator in USA
Rundfunkmedien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Satisfied User

Ease of use, for us and various contributors. Like the upload via phone tool

Lack of editors/tagger type seats without paying more.

Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Offsite management for your digital assets

Kommentare: It is has been a very reliable partner to use in our cataloguing and storage needs. You can treat PhotoShelter for Brands and a tertiary backup in your strategy.

PhotoShelter for Brands is great because our whole team can rely on a robust system to catalog and manage our vast numbers of photo and video assets for usage throughout our organization.

I feel like the interface is in some areas not very intuitive and could use some refreshing. Also, the bandwidth occasionally is slow downloading (which I've mostly noticed with video assets.)

Justin
Communications Specialist in USA
Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Libris Review

Kommentare: Overall we are very satisfied with Libris.

The software is extremely easy to use and manage. It was the perfect solution for our photo archive and has proven to be an efficient method of delivering video and photos to end users.

At times we have difficulties sharing lightboxes with other people, but I think that is more user error.

Hochschulbildung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Very versitile

Kommentare: Our organization uses Libris for media photos to include with press releases, and as a repository for high quality images to be used on our website and marketing materials.

The site is very simple and place your photos front and center.

Without using the API, there seems to be not simple way to export and embed a collection or gallery on a webpage.

Mike
Director of Photography in USA
Hochschulbildung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great for the most part but could use some improvement

Kommentare: Visual and tagged searching is great for our department, but often times we have to share a second gallery via Google Drive for off campus/non-users when it would be helpful to send temp links to external consumers once. Our designers cull lightboxes for projects and pull images one at a time, which is a hassle. There should be an option to turn on bulk downloading for registered users.

Tagging and importing is easy. Setting permissions for groups is helpful and the interface is mostly intuitive and useful. Getting our archive in front of eyeballs is easier now.

Users are unable to bulk download images. We're a unique case use in which we own all of the images we upload to our account, but still users are unable to download more than one image at a time from a lightbox. Gallery sharing doesn't always work. No option to share outside of our user base without setting up an account for them. Resorting to using a third party service to share files. Price per TB of storage isn't in line with other cloud based providers, nor is there an option to use a third party cloud provider with the interface.

Thaddeus
Photographer in USA
Hochschulbildung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Amazing Product

Kommentare: We are using PhotoShelter as a digital archive, and back up as well as a distribution tool for the different departments around campus . It has been amazing able to search out keywords to find the types of images we are looking for.

I love how easy it is to create galleries and share them across multiple faculty members and departments across our campus.

As far as I have come across there are only 2 con's with this software, 1 that there is no way to link the distribution email to my outlook server so that the email is coming from me not a 3rd party company. And the second and most frustrating is that when assigning permissions through collections there isn't a way to create a subclass of inherited permissions, that additional permissions have to be added gallery by gallery.

Matthew
Senior Photographer in USA
Konsumgüter, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Useful tool for internal creative departments

I appreciate the fact that you can have multiple invited users and groups with individualized permissions so that as a creative leader I can limit what other teams are using in their collateral.

It's not as intuitive at first, it took some getting used to as well as communication with the photo shelter team, which was great, to get a better understanding of the ways to use it for our business needs.

Angela
University Photographer in USA
Hochschulbildung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

PhotoShelter makes photo management a breeze.

Kommentare: I have started searchable galleries for all of our campus buildings, seasons, classes, etc. The customer services is amazing. Anytime I have emailed with a question, I get an answer within a couple of hours.

It is easy to use, and easy to customize functions. I can have galleries for public or private viewing, and easily customize who can see and download from each gallery. It is also easy to grant new users access to galleries.

The cost is higher than I would like, but it still seems to be the most comprehensive and easy to use of the photo management systems of this type.

Laura
Senior Designer in USA

After testing several competitors, Libris was the easiest to use and nice visually as well.

Ability to create lots of galleries and collections to organize. I had years of image collection that I personally was keeping organized, but they were all over. I had a fresh opportunity to newly organize images into categories that make more sense, and get rid of duplicates that were taking up a lot of extra space. The ability to add my own metadata is great, though not sure we're going to be able to afford that option next year. I also like that I can give give full or limited access to team members. Sometimes people only need access to logos, or one area of the companies images. Nice to be able to control that.

Well it's always going to be cost. Especially with add-ons. But we had to bite the bullet and find a safe place for images that can be used and accessed with other co-workers.

Alicia
Communications Specialist in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Photos Finally Organized!

As a whole, our organization isn't very good at organizing. We have photos stored everywhere. Between a community drive, personal computers, phones and desktops, we always struggle to find photos. Once they're in a spot we can all find them, sifting through pages of thumbnails to find that perfect photo seems to take a big chunk of time. With Libris, we can upload the best photos, tag them, make sure they're ADA compliant, and easily find them, download them or send them to someone else to use. It has made the process easy!

It's a bit clunky to get used to, and often, we find ourselves wanting to create sub collections and galleries where it's not possible. So, we figure out another solution. We have also run into naming convention issues, where it allows you to completely change the name of the photo. That takes out the .jpg, which then doesn't allow the photo to be downloaded. Once we figured out workarounds, it became smooth sailing.

Caten
Social Media Coordinator in USA
Sport, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Libris has been an awesome addition. We love being able to access our archive anywhere

Kommentare: We do not have to be in the office to access our files and the metadata makes it easy to find what we are looking for!

The metadata tagging is key for us. We can quickly find photos of certain people in certain uniform combinations, day/night, etc. Not having to be in the office to get to photos is nice. It has also changed how we ingest photos in-game.

The PhotoShelter app on my iPhone has never worked for me. It could just be me. It would be handy to be able to access, email, download, text, etc. LibrisUploader works for us on phones and iPads.

Adrienne
Graphic Artist in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Libris is very easy to use and work through.

Kommentare: Being able to share particular galleries with different clients has made my job so much easier. I can spend more time designing now instead of saving files to CDs or Contact Sheets and e-mailing large files.

Ability to share galleries with ease. Plus the ability to stop clients from downloading and using images incorrectly. The drag and drop feature is extremely useful. Moving folders within the frame seems to work well and I can copy files so that they appear in more than one collection at a time.

Haven't found a way to add metadata to multiple folders at a time. If there were a way to color code folders and galleries (and maybe there is) I feel it would be easier to organize files at a glance.

Ashley
University Photographer in USA

Libris has helped our department tremendously with sharing images across our campus community.

Kommentare: We are now able to search edited images through tagged information and able to share and present images in an organized format.

Searchable tagged photos We are able to share photos quickly with internal and external partners Like being able to customize folders for particular job requests

The Libris connector really does not give our designers the easy access tools necessary for working with InDesign at a reasonable price. They are having to download the images first and use Adobe Bridge to connect. It also does not allow designers to drag and drop images when they just want to see how something might look in a quick and easy format unlike other programs.

Marina
Digital Designer in USA
Grafikdesign, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Overall good experience

Kommentare: It is overall ok. I only use it on a fairly surface level so I can't speak to all of it's features.

I like the overall UI within Photoshelter. It's fairly intuitive and I can easily organize collections and galleries as needed.

I don't like how difficult it is to use the Lightbox. It is a tool my team and I use frequently, but the UI/UX within Lightbox is not well optimized. (Can't select / download multiple images at once, reload entire page to cycle through images, etc)

Lynn
Digital communications manager in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Needs more flexibility in the image organization

It is way to upload images into Libris. I like the fact that you can down load various file sizes and file resolutions. There are lots of metadata options.

The Gallery organization is static. I would prefer to organize the galleries alphabetically, or to group them some other way, while others in our department want to see them chronologically. I haven't found that it is possible to customize in that way. I wish it would ask to name files as they are uploaded so I didn't have to go back and name them after they have been uploaded. AI with face recognition would be an extremely useful addition.

Jeremy
Director, Enterprise Applications in USA

Works as advertised

Kommentare: When we began to look for a replacement of our previous digital asset management system, we sought to improve work flow for the primary users and find an affordable off-site storage system. We achieved both of those goals with Libris, who were very helpful throughout our search process, which involved stakeholders from numerous departments.

This software enabled us to offload storage of media from aging on-prem servers, and eased the workflow for the users of that media.

I am not a fan of their per-user licensing model.

Barbara
Senior Producer in USA
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Global reach via the Libris cloud

Kommentare: We chose Libris for the broad set of features available in this system. We are a not-for-profit NGO working on a global scale. We needed a tool that would match our work and ambitions. We use Libris for its indexing and organizing capabilities, rather than for commerce. Prior to Libris, we had been using a set of folders on a network server, however over time that became unwieldy and difficult to manage. Another advantage: Screening and sorting photos is much faster because the system optimizes images for viewing in a way that the old network drive, or other simpler cloud systems, could not do. Libris offers a way to attach info for each image through its tagging system to help us keep track of the images we have, their source, and much more granular information. Incoming, the system makes it easy for photographers across world to upload images to the Libris cloud. Outgoing, we receive many photo requests from a wide variety of outlets, ranging from other partner organizations to publishers, both domestically and abroad. Libris enables our office staff to select individual photos and sent a specific link of the curated images for review and download by editors, printers and other organizations with whom we work. The major downside, as with any complex cataloging tool, is that it takes time to manage and maintain the content. This is simply reality and not a fault of the system which makes many more things possible for us.

Karen
Art Director in USA
Hochschulbildung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

COULD USE ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONALITY

Kommentare: It's a good way to share photos throughout our organization, although some of the functionality is limited.

I like that Libris is web-based. It's a good way to share photos throughout our organization, although some of the functionality is limited.

• I wish that the search function was better. It would be great to be able to search within a gallery. • I don't like that you can't enlarge the view unless you click on a specific pic. • When you share a lightbox, you can only share it with one person at a time. I wish you could enter multiple email addresses and share with a bunch of people at one time.

Nick
Digital Communications Coordinator in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Excellent experience, superb customer service, very responsive, easy to use solution

Kommentare: Collaboration, ease of use, access to our complete archive .

Love the visual interface, the quickness, the intuitive layout. Super easy migration with a wide variety of upload methods. We were up and running in no time. Customer service team have been joy to work with and very responsive to questions and input for additional features. Quick and accessible sharing of photos makes collaboration very easy.

Expensive up front cost, adding storage adds extra cost. No notifications for folder actions or uploads at present, but I'm told they're coming.