Über Ecwid

Ecwid ist ein kostenloser Einkaufswagen, dank welchem jeder ganz einfach einen Online-Shop erstellen und ihn in jede bestehende Website, Blog, oder mobil einbetten kann.

Erfahre mehr über Ecwid

Santiago A.
Co Editor Chief
  • Bewertet am 13.4.2019

"Simple, useful and powerful, the best for E-commerce."

Kommentare: One of the things that constantly worried us was the integration with our header site, with Ecwid we have successfully and in record time, integrate without difficulty or additional payments what our store needed. Besides, we get a complete platform to enhance our products to other business niches, participating in social networks with the full support they put at their disposal. Another solution, is that similar platforms like Shopify, offer you a service but you make constant payments of everything you use, if something comes out you should also pay for it, it's one of the things that makes us bet on Ecwid, because it does not have small letters, It is direct to what you need without tricks or additional payments outside the agreed upon. Thus, we have saved money that we end up investing in other needs of the company, or for the purchase of other exclusive products.

Vorteile: One of the things that I like most, is the simplicity that they offer to all their clients, it is one of those platforms that allow you to venture into e-commerce, without the worry of going through long training processes, it is as simple as register and start uploading all the products you have available to the platform. It is a platform that does not abandon you in the sales process, on the contrary, it puts at your disposal all the available channels so you can increase your sales. Another thing that I like, is to be able to reach new niche markets with integrated tools, you can create stores on Facebook and Instagram without difficulty, always with the Ecwid platform. Also, I liked how easy it is to integrate with WordPress, just install a plugin within the panel and voila, you can immediately publish your products.

Nachteile: I have been using Shopify for years, and I can say with responsibility, that Ecwid is the rival that in a short time will give a surprise to the world of E-commerce, I have no negative aspects to identify so far, on the contrary, it is simpler and more intuitive than its Shopify, a platform that causes a lot of headaches for many reasons.

• Bewertet am 13.4.2019
Christopher H.
Artist / Designer
Design, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 29.10.2019

"Best fit for an eCommerce solution"

Kommentare: I needed a way to sell my products internationally and have the eCommerce side be handled in a professional and reliable and secure way and Ecwid gave me exactly what I wanted and needed.

Vorteile: Ecwid was recommended to me by a friend and it was the best decision I ever made in terms of an eCommerce solution. As an artist and designer who wanted to have a versatile and customizable store front on my websites, Ecwid fulfilled all my needs. Beyond this tho, Ecwid allowed me to connect my Square readers payments seamlessly, and I have to say that their customer service is very good. It should be noted too that as of Fall 2019 Ecwid recently updated a variety of things and boosted their quality and features quite significantly! Ecwid has always been the perfect fit for me since I started using it several years ago, and now it just got even better. I could go on and on about all the great aspects from shipping settings, to the new instant storefront, but I invite you to go check it out for yourself!

Nachteile: The only negative I might say about Ecwid is that there can be some restrictions when trying to integrate your sales channels into Facebook and Instagram. Additionally, sometimes the CSR you get via online chat (which IS convenient, I must say) doesn't have a legitimate knowledge of all aspects of Ecwid, so it's a bit hit and miss in that sense.

• Bewertet am 29.10.2019
Edward C.
eCommerec Director
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Quelle: GetApp
  • Bewertet am 11.9.2019

"Shopify is too big for it's britches, use Ecwid"

Kommentare: So far so good

Vorteile: You can get up and running on Ecwid with a "Free Forever" account. This will only allow you 10 items to sell but as a start this is well enough. Other platforms will offer a 30 day trial but then you need to pay to continue.

Nachteile: Most of the best features have to be paid for. Will probably do soon as the pricing plans seem reasonable and the options (selling on Facebook and Instagram) seem to be worth it.

• Quelle: GetApp
  • Bewertet am 11.9.2019
Mike P.
Kunst & Handwerk, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 14.1.2020

"Ecwid helped us through the holidays"

Kommentare: Ecwid helped us get through the holiday season, but I wouldn't expect us to be with Ecwid a year from now. I'm still looking for a comprehensive solution for our event driven business.

Vorteile: We're a paint and sip business and previously sold admission through Ticket Tailor. We switched to Ecwid before the holidays because it integrated with Wix, processed payment through our POS systeym/merchant service provider (Clover Flex/EPI) and integrated with a digital gift card application (GiftUp). It was relatively easy to onboard and use so far.

Nachteile: For our business model, it would suit us better if Ecwid had an event arm, or similar functionality. We've had to list our events as products, which works okay, but not great. It would be helpful if the products would expire and disable in the store at a set time (at the beginning of our events). The digital gift cards are slightly disappointing because our customers are unable to use a digital gift card and a promo code on the same transaction. Effectively that penalizes them if they have a digital gift card.

• Bewertet am 14.1.2020
Business Owner
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 23.1.2019

"Easy To Use - Hard To Customize"

Kommentare: ECWID makes ecommerce a lot easier than normal which is great for smaller businesses and boutique shops. It allows for a cost effective alternative to the more expensive companies out there.

Vorteile: This software is easy to teach and can be used on any device. When showing my clients of multiple ages how to add new products and keep inventory they catch on easy. You can integrate your store on different platforms like Adobe Muse, Wix, Wordpress etc. Or create your own generic store using their store builder. There are more options for product variations than most other programs out there.

Nachteile: Unfortunately customizing your store look is very complicated. You need to have some level of coding to do so or you have to hire a designer to do it for you. The main downside is it doesnt work well if you want to use it or a restaurant. Food options, layout, mixed with customizability does cause an issue in the food industry.

• Bewertet am 23.1.2019
Ricky R.
Graphic Designer
Bekleidung & Mode, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 30.1.2020

"Perfect E-commerce Solution For Those On A Budget "

Kommentare: Overall my experience with Ecwid has been a favorable one. The software has allowed me to integrate the platform into Wordpress themes and social media pages, giving me a well rounded solution for my e-commerce needs.

Vorteile: What I liked most about this software is that it’s perfect for those wanting to setup an online shop but are limited with their budget or currently don’t have the necessary funds to support a month to month plan offered by many other e-commerce solutions.

Nachteile: What I liked least about this software is the lack of video tutorials and training available to consumers as compared to other major e-commerce platforms.

• Bewertet am 30.1.2020
Adriana V.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 20.8.2019

"Easy to use, efficient and incredible customer service "

Vorteile: I love this software for many reasons but specially because I can link my shipping easy account for free and print the labels directly from there. Every time I have had questions I just chat with them and they are always very friendly and willing to help. The design is very pretty, and you can customize it very easily adding CSS in their backend. They have answers for a lot of questions in their help section or forums.

Nachteile: I wish it was free for non profits like google that offers free email with my non profit domain.

• Bewertet am 20.8.2019
Jill B.
Bekleidung & Mode, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 2.1.2020

"Awesome Software - easy to use"

Vorteile: I found the software easy to set up and add to my Wordpress site

Nachteile: No complaints about the software. I am about to do a complete overhaul of my shopping cart. I will continue to use the software.

• Bewertet am 2.1.2020
John B.
Art Director
Druck, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 17.9.2019

"This is our webstore!"

Kommentare: When Adobe Muse announced it was going end of life I was very worried, but wocode.com stepped up to the plate and Ecwid offers their E-commerce platform through that ecosystem and I could not be happier!

Vorteile: SOOO easy to use! The options are easy to use! In about a day I was about to set up the entire storefront. This included linking our shipping accounts, our payment options, adding some products with all of our options. The best part is, I was able to show my boss how he could manage the storefront himself! This ecosystem is very well done!

Nachteile: None that I can think of! We are a print shop with some very complicated product offerings and this store is able to handle those for us with no problems!

• Bewertet am 17.9.2019
Joseph O.
Head of Digital Content & Social Media
  • Bewertet am 31.8.2019

"Easy E-Commerce Of Course"

Vorteile: I wanted to help a client be able to get their products online and selling in a short amount of time. Ecwid makes the process as simple as possible to get business started. Also, the good and clean design is easy on the eyes.

Nachteile: So far, I have not encountered any major flaws for the needs of a small business. If you were looking to build an e-commerce site for a bigger business, there may not be enough features to support the volume of products to be uploaded to the site.

• Bewertet am 31.8.2019
Paul K.
  • Bewertet am 13.11.2017

"Ecwid and their blog posts have provided the platform and training to be effective and competent."

Kommentare: The Ecwid platform is easy to use on the day-to-day business end of things. It is also quite adaptable to custom tweaks, most of them being for free, but some major tweaks can be made through their development team.
I am continuing to use Ecwid, and hope to be using it for some time into the future.

Vorteile: The Ecwid online store gives me the ability to sell my product to both the USA market and also to the global market.
Custom development helped me set up tracking the amount in my limited USA inventory as well as sell from the relatively unlimited inventory drop shipped from New Zealand.
Ecwid helped set up a subdomain of my own domain name to point to their Starter Site. The Starter Site is currently hosted on Amazon's servers while my website is hosted on another server.
~~~~
Ecwid's blogs have guided me systematically through both the steps necessary to utilize fully their store platform, but also the particulars of running a small online business. (payment setup, LLC's, Instagram photo Apps, Google Shopping, Google AdWords, how to find legal advice and tax advice, to name a few)

Nachteile: I can only find one bugaboo with the software platform:
Since my shipping comes from two sources, I do not use an Ecwid sponsored shipping App but the USPS Click-'N-Ship website itself to generate labels. The tracking numbers copy/pasted into Ecwid for the USPS shipments have not yet been clickable to the USPS.com website for the customers to see the progress of their orders. Of course, the NZ orders come by First Class mail, so they naturally do not have tracking but only dispatch dates which I also copy/paste to customers.
~~~~
Not sure if it is because I am fully up and running the online business with the Ecwid Store, or there has been an actual drop in the amount of work on the part of Ecwid to provide me with helps, tips and business advice through their blog posts. But I have noticed a marked decline in the once plethora of insightful help the Ecwid blogs had been providing me.
~~~~
All in all, I am quite happy with what Ecwid provides in both the store software platform and with their blogs in the help in getting me up and running.

• Bewertet am 13.11.2017
Paul K.
Manager/Webmaster
Konsumgüter
  • Bewertet am 28.10.2016

"Ecwid Blog Emails provide timely advice appropriate to my need at that specific time."

Kommentare: Ecwid Blog Emails come to my Inbox at a rate I can handle, for me to analyze and apply to my online SIDS prevention store. We started in 2004, as distributors for a New Zealand SIDS prevention company, with a single-developer, online store integrated into our website. That store had a user forum for support issues. In June of 2015 I asked a local website upgrade specialist his recommendation on what store I could move to. His immediate response was Ecwid. Without much research into it--with complete faith in his insistent recommendation--I made the move and installed the store myself into my recently upgraded to Joomla site. The initial installation and upgrade to the VENTURE plan went like a breeze. I did everything myself without the help of anyone but occasional Ecwid support for minor issues. I connected to both PayPal and Authorize.Net payment methods quite easily. Our store was quickly up and running. All along the way as our business proceeded, the Ecwid Blog anticipated our need by providing tips and insight to not only their own store, but also landing page optimization, advertising budgeting and withstanding price undercutting by competition. At first my business expertise was only my own instincts. Then my expertise was from classroom sessions by startup organizations. These startup sessions were broad and rarely tailored specifically to my needs. The Ecwid Blog Emails in my Inbox are very appropriate and timely next-steps for me to take to improve in some very specific ways the standing of our business. Even when I am busy, I look forward to reading them when they come to see what next I can improve, so I can put that step into my schedule. Thank you Ecwid for such a wonderful and versatile platform, and also the business assistance along the way. My `not perfect' score for Ease of Use is because I did not take a look and observe the effect of a parameter change I made before going on to another setting. My fault, not Ecwid's. A couple of months ago we upgraded to the BUSINESS plan in order to separate the sales of our two inventory locations, New Zealand and the USA. The stock is relatively infinite in New Zealand, but we were frequently overselling our limited USA stock because both locations were shown as infinite to our customers. Thank you Ecwid custom development for separating our inventories shown to our customers.

• Bewertet am 28.10.2016
Latresse R.
  • Bewertet am 8.8.2019

"Easy to Use and Fully Functional!"

Kommentare: I've been using Everyone shopping cart for almost 4 years and I'm satisfied with the service. I've tried other companies and always revert back to Ecwid. It provides all the necessary told and features for a website or online retail store.

Vorteile: Easy to create new products for online store. Easy to setup store and affordable price.

Nachteile: I'm not particularly happy with the design options and usable templates.

• Bewertet am 8.8.2019
Vlad B.
Designer, entrepreneur
Design, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 21.10.2016

"Best and cheapest e-commerce for beginners and startups "

Kommentare: I've been using Ecwid for about 2 years already and I can say that it's one of the best solutions for e-commerce that you can find. It has some reasonable prices if not free, if you're selling up to 10 products. For startups like me having no fees for few products was a God send. The interface and set up is one of the fastest and easiest to get accustomed to. They've also improved many features in these years, with better UI, payment gateways, taxes, multi language, Encription, Invoices, notification e-mails and so on. To be honest it's almost on par with Shopify and probably if they continue to improve the visual customisation might become one of the best out there. The only drawback so far is the level of visual customisation they offer through their interface, so that you customise the colors, buttons and so on with the rest of your website. Now you do most of the stuff through CSS, although they have also some 3rd party add-ons to make visual adjustments faster, but still, I'd like something integrated and less time consuming to make my website look as one. Once they solve this issue, I think they'll cut a big share of what Shopify is now.
Give Ecwid a try as it's worth every penny.

Vorteile: Flexibility and reliability.

Nachteile: Customisation in visual terms.

Josh S.
Media and Communications Minister
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 7.12.2018

"A great, low-cost, feature rich option to sell your products"

Kommentare: This gave us the option to sell our products online and in person while keeping track of inventory and putting on a great looking design and appearance.

Vorteile: We used Ecwid as a plug in to our website to sell our handmade board games. It was easy to set up through the app store on wix and integrated directly into our website. It also worked directly with our phone and square hardware to be able to create a POS system when we when to trade shows to be able to accept peoples credit cards quickly while emailing them a receipt. The online store had many design and display options, the ability to put certain things on sale, the highlight items you want to move, and to separating things into different categories. It also keeps great track of your inventory. It really was a one stop solution to selling our product online.

Nachteile: There was a slight issue when we first started using it for an in person Point of sales system with Square as it would either record our purchases twice with no great way to correct that or it would only show the sale on the square app and not Ecwid so it wouldn't remove the item from our inventory. We eventually got it worked out though through their customer care and all was good.

• Bewertet am 7.12.2018
Simone C.
Managing Director
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 24.10.2016

"Fantastic Shopping Cart"

Kommentare: When offering paypal buttons for items on my website became too fiddly to work with, I researched shopping cart options that easily integrated with multiple websites and Facebook, and after trialling a few, decided that ecwid suited my purposes best. I haven't looked back! Ecwid has hands down been the easiest, most intuitive shopping cart system to work with. The interface is excellent - for the most part it is clear where to find what you need, and if you do need extra help, the Support pages tend to answer anything you need to know, and there is an online forum for help from the developers. New features are constantly being rolled out, which keeps making it better and better. I absolutely recommend ecwid to anyone looking for an easy-to-use, cost effective and feature-rich shopping cart.

Vorteile: Very clean, intuitive interface.

Nachteile: Too few options for shipping for individual products - I'd like to be able to customise what options are available, and restrict locations some items can be shipped, rather than everything using the same global options.

• Bewertet am 24.10.2016
Alli W.
Professional Freelance Artist
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 21.10.2016

"Fun, Functional, and best of all- painless! "

Kommentare: I love Ecwid. First storefront I've ever used, and as somebody who personally despises trusting 3rd party with my merch- I get the hands on experience I require with a wonderful site that keeps track of my orders, is easy to update, and makes selling online more fun than I imagined it could be. You can't argue with the low (and size optional) one time monthly payments either- super affordable and incredibly fair for the tools you're given here. Thank you so much!
-Alli White

Vorteile: The pull down menus to set an orders status is super helpful and I love that customers get the updates into their inboxes to know I'm working on their stuff!
The storefront was easy to integrate onto my website and is clean cut and easy to browse.
The image loading process is painless as well and I like the ability to create an album of images, as well as for massive, multiple loads of merch, you can directly copy one listing and alter it slightly- SO HELPFUL and saves me so much time!

Nachteile: The international shipping, while abundantly bursting with options- can almost be too overwhelming at times.

Steve M.
  • Bewertet am 21.10.2016

"Shopped around for an awesome shopping provider"

Kommentare: Hi, I first joined ECWID back in 2011 after shopping around and discovering their innovative approach to shopping cart software. The price is very competitive and being able to build my business across a number of different websites simultaneously by the unique ability copy and paste your shop code to any website page anywhere really won me over. Since then they have not let up with a feature set that grows and grows it seems every week. The customer service / support was always good but honestly in the last year or two has begun to astound me. My only reason for 4 stars for value for money is that some of the add-on app features that you have to pay extra for I'd like to see for free. That being said there are plenty of very very good and useful free apps. Just check out some of them out at my webstore store at www.mobilesafety.com.au :)

Vorteile: Loading speed. Good design. Shopping cart can be respawned anywhere easily. Ease of use & features including share buttons, shipping calculated already, easy product uploads and editing etc.

Nachteile: Needs a free upsell app. eBay integration is not yet available for eBay Australia. I had lots of difficulty integrating with Adwords.

Mary S.
Owner/Publisher
Verlagswesen, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 22.8.2017

"Insane value for the price!"

Kommentare: I can set it and forget it, knowing ECWID is powering my online book sales, and I really appreciate being able to have such strong confidence in a product so crucial to my company's success.

Vorteile: So far, I haven't found a functionality that I want that isn't available, and I like the modularity of the software, allowing me to choose and pay only for what I need. It all works together seamlessly, and gets the job done without a lot of messing around. Plenty of options for reporting on very granular data about sales, abandoned carts, etc. as well as excellent customer support, especially in the form of regular newsletters with ideas to increase sales and just do a better job of maintaining your business all around. I especially like the way ECWID is constantly increasing functionality and offering more options to customize. This is just really good value for the money, and allows me to create a shopping experience I can be proud of.

• Bewertet am 22.8.2017
Principal
  • Bewertet am 29.8.2019

"Great solution for setting up an online shop quickly & easily"

Vorteile: Ecwid's admin panel makes it super easy to set up an online shop. Even better, if you're already using a Wordpress site, you can quickly add that shop to your site without having to plug in any number of WooCommerce plugins and extensions that you'd need to do everything that Ecwid has already done for you. Another bonus is the ability to give clients a way to log in and manage their shop without having to log into their website. Many of my clients are way too nervous to log into their live site, but feel perfectly comfortable logging in to a more focused shop-only dashboard.

Nachteile: Early on, there were a few nuances I didn't like, but the service has come a long way in terms of development over the past few years, leaving me with nothing on my list of things I don't like.

• Bewertet am 29.8.2019
Susan S.
Rechtsberatung, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 22.10.2016

"Highly Recommend Using Ecwid as a Tool to Increase Sales"

Kommentare: We use Ecwid for our document services business. Currently, we utilize Ecwid's Store on our website and Facebook. Ecwid has helped increase our revenue by ensuring an efficient purchase experience for our customers. What is great about Ecwid is that they offer a FREE version which allows up to 2 categories and 10 products to allow your business to grow. Design is limited in FREE version. We like the SKU and description categories that help us determine our target markets. Other bonus features include setting up the automated customer notifications and various payment options which include credit cards, checks, Paypal, e-check, and several other payment options. Once you have built your customer base, you can expand to add more products and increase your sales with Ecwid's Premium version. The Premium version is packed with added benefits of automated tax at check out and adding of E-Markeplaces. While the design features are somewhat limited, the overall benefits outweigh any possible pitfalls. We highly recommend using Ecwid as a Tool to Increase Sales.

Vorteile: Easy to use. Great on social media and e-Marketplace.

Nachteile: Design options.

• Bewertet am 22.10.2016
Hope J.
Owner/President
Lebensmittelproduktion, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 21.10.2016

"Great shopping cart for multiple items to sell"

Kommentare: My bakery sells multiple versions of the same cookies and bars. This cart allows us to make all the choices clear to our clients, price them accordingly, add shipping choices, add comments, pics and other great behind the scenes parts that make our store amazing to the outside and easy for us to manage on the kitchen side. Highly recommend it!

Vorteile: all the extras that allow me to make each item for sale easy to buy, customize and ship, while keeping the client happy and informed of what is happening with their order.

Nachteile: Searching for items on the back end means I have to be very specific with my word choices. And if someone doesn't follow the pattern set for how to categorize the items for sale, finding them to enable or disable can become a chore and/or mean a lot of unnecessary files/items on the site that should be eliminated.

Catherine L.
Owner/Social Media Marketing
  • Bewertet am 20.10.2016

"Good but doesn't Interface with every web creator"

Kommentare: I wish there was more interface with Wix. If Wix is allowing users to use the ap, they should also have access to the full functionality of ECWID aps, such as the Multiple Promotions at once feature...otherwise we are happy with the ease of use.

Vorteile: That is easy to follow the process of an order from processing to fulfillment

Nachteile: If you sell on a made-to-order basis, there is no way to go and see how many of that item you ahve old over time without manually counting up from the orders. Should be some kind of feature that allows you to view how many times a partcular items has sold on the back end, where you edit the item maybe? If you don't keep an inventory, then there is no way to track and I can't show an inventory because my products are custom and people will think they are in stock and ready to ship, when really they must be created once the order is place. It is misleading to the customer if it says instock. Does not interface with Facebook to where facebook shows the shop on the business page front. You have to click on a tab or button to get to the storefront. Shopify shows up on the main page of business pages.

• Bewertet am 20.10.2016
Bahaa R.
General Manager
Konsumgüter, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 2.11.2018

"Ecwid Understand small businesses needs"

Kommentare: It is great experince , I like it , and I am sure that if i am starting a new store as I planned , it will be only with Ecwid

Vorteile: the software meets most of the needs to establish and run an e-commerce business, I can't say it is "The Perfect software " because there isn't any". I like the simplicity of building the store, connect with third-party provider in the area of payment, shipping, etc. Also I very much appreciate the customer service proffissinalism in handling the customers issues .

Nachteile: 1- store design and layout
2- the entry of product takes a long time, especially if one deal with hundreds of products, you have to move from page to another
3- it will be nice and very much help if some of the priced add-ins added to the software as a basic element of the software
4- the language used in the FAQ and assistant is not some time clear enpugh

• Bewertet am 2.11.2018
Drew W.
Kunst & Handwerk, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 21.10.2016

"Early Adapter of this Rock Solid E-commerce Platform"

Kommentare: I started with ECWID a few years after it started. Because of that, I am on the legacy plan and have not upgraded to access some of the advanced features, particularly order editing. I have never lost data, never had a service interruption. It integrates well with my Joomla website. I don't plan to ever change platforms. It is a great service

Vorteile: Reliability. Never been hacked, never lost service. Rock solid platform. Finally transferred by shipping to an add-on (Shipping Easy) and it has taken much of the manual work off of my plate. Order comes in to my cell phone. Print out the invoice and do the fulfillment. I also like the digital download capability.

Nachteile: The only feature I miss is order editing. But that is because I have not upgraded to that level of service.