MSP360 Managed Backup Erfahrungen

Über MSP360 Managed Backup

White-Label-Managed-Backup für MSPs mit zentralem Management und Überwachung. Arbeitet mit mehr al 50 Cloudspeicher-Anbietern zusammen. Jetzt testen!

Erfahre mehr über MSP360 Managed Backup

Ability to backup locally and push those backups to cloud, especially low-cost cloud storage like AWS Glacier.

Configuring the different backup options can be a bit confusing at first glance.

Bewertungen zu MSP360 Managed Backup

MSP360 Managed Backup hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 219 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du MSP360 Managed Backup bereits verwendet?

Managing Partner in USA

Ultimate MSP Backup Tool

Kommentare: The biggest thing we noticed the ability to white label the product so out clients don't know where we can the software from, it makes it look like it is a in house solution.

Most compatible and more customization than any other backup software, works with all storage providers on all OS with unlimited customization.

They got rid of their in house ransomware protection and now you have to install another piece of software on your servers to protection them from that.

Ben
Ben
COO in UK
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy access to a wider range of backup solutions

Cloudberry gives us easy and uncomplicated access to cloud backup solutions usually only accessable through expensive contracts with IT management firms. By using Cloudberry in tandem with backblaze b2, we've reduced our offsite backup costs to 1/10th of the price.

The setup process is a bit clunky for people without experience but their team are more than happy to help if you get stuck!

CEO in USA

Best backup for business

5,0 letzte Woche Neu

Kommentare: I have used it for several years and it has effectively backed up my systems. I was able to restore data with no problem. Great ransomware protection

Easy to setup Simple control panel Great customer support

Billing is kind of complicated. Training is not very complete.

Tom
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Staying away from your products

3,0 letzte Woche Neu

Kommentare: Had to quickly switch to another service due to the absurd price increase, resulting in many additional hours of work after being on your service for many years.

Easy to setup, easy to use, just worked for the most part

License pricing increase with no additional benefit, the account rep never responded to any of my follow ups about price matching prior to my legacy file backup license being done away with.

Ted

MSP360 reseller point of view

Kommentare: It is a reliable, versatile, manageable backup system. Therefore, I am very happy with it.

I like the centralized monitoring. I can look in one place to quickly see the status of all. The green circle on the dashboard is perfect. Of course, if there is an issue, I can usually address it right from the dashboard

Restoring files from an image backup is confusing. I don't do it a lot, but I have to look it up every time, and even then it is confusing. I also configuring the retention times is confusing. I wish there was more detail on the impact of each choice. The setup on the Dashboard for a new customer is very confusing at first. I made a list of instructions when I first did it so now I breeze through. However, it was rough at first requiring one to jump around the interface a lot.

Marco
Marco
Director in Kanada
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Excellent option for nimble MSPs, pay only for what you use

Kommentare: Very satisfied, excellent price-value

They don't force you to pay upfront for storage, I use their Amazon S3 bucket and the license price is excellent for a nimble MSP (one man band) like myself.

It takes a bit to understand purchasing and applying licenses

Excellent product

Ease of use, reliability and price. Fast initial backup. Lightweight.

Slow restore on mac. Error messages if unimportant files are missed out.

Benjamin
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to setup and feature-rich

5,0 letzte Woche Neu

Kommentare: We use it daily, it's fast, alerts us when needed, and very easy to setup and license.

Ease of setup, licensing model is intuitive

having to create a separate storage account to store the backups

Frank
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

MSP360 Shines for Desktop and Google Backups

5,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Fantastic. Awesome customer service too.

I love how easy it is to set up a backup for both my desktop and Google G-Suite

I got confused about the interface when I wanted to restore a single file. I accidentally clicked on the wrong link to restore it.

Justin
Service Manager in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A quality automatic backup solution for endpoints and servers

5,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Server backup is simple to use and setup. I have not had one backup fail yet.

No file-level access to backups. I cannot view individual files from any backup done.

Rob

MSP360 Works at local and offsite backups

Kommentare: Good low cost backup solution.

Easy to use backup software. YOu can do cloud only, local only or both which is the best option. You can pick your cloud backup service like Wasabi.

I know it's a security thing but if you lose your encryption password your backups are gone. Keep those safe!

Biotechnologie

Server Backup: The best and most flexible option despite some issues

I'm focusing this review on the Server Backup edition of CB backup. It's incredibly flexible in terms of configuration and storage options. It will work with just about any cloud provider that you might need, including Backblaze B2. The interface is pretty good , at least compared to the competition. It's got some quirky elements, but I've been able to figure out how to do most things pretty easily. Basically, if you want to choose your storage provider separately and are looking for a tool to access that storage, that can work with different providers and offers multiple backup sets, it seems like the best choice, at least in this price range. The server backup edition offers OS backup, system state backup and bare metal backup restore, which is really nice. I'm using it on WHS2011, where I've previously had to cobble together a mix of Windows server backup and 3rd party options. So far it looks like I'll be able to do it all with Cloudberry which is great, and in addition, combine local and cloud backup flexibly.

Backup version control could be improved. I've used crashplan in the past, which has abandoned its consumer market - but crashplan had excellent control of version saving so you could save more recent versions and less older versions - while always retaining some older backups in case you need to do a restore from an older period. Hopefully, CB will improve version control. Another issue for me is the business model. I'm not thrilled that I need a license for every single machine I want to backup - but the real kicker is that there is a 1TB limit on cloud storage with all the editions except the very expensive Ultimate edition. This is surprising at first because Cloudberry is not providing the storage! It is a purely arbitrary limitation that has nothing to do with software capabilities. These days, with large media files, 1 TB is not so large. You really have to search the website to even find this out - it's not described in the product specs. So $29 for the basic desktop version - but if you want to backup all those movies and music and home videos - the price goes up by 10x. On the other hand, they seem to be willing to release that limitation in exchange for a review, so that's okay. The progress bars are not very helpful - you can't really see how much is waiting to be backed up and it's difficult to see how much is currently in the backup storage. Beyond that major issue, I've run into some glitches - but nothing that keeps me from using the software.

Eric

MSP360 a backup solution for MSPs and Corporations

Kommentare: Very happy overall. MSP360 allows us to manage a centralized SaaS backup and recovery platform. All jobs are managed from a central console. We can use multiple storage providers for redundancy and can manage our own encryption keys.

For us, MSP360 checks all the boxes. One of the few providers that support connecting to third-party storage providers like BackBlaze B2, Amazon S3, MS Azure, Drive E2, etc. They offer storage, but it is not required. They allow customers to create and manage their encryption keys. Multiple backups options, retentions, and schedules are supported. Additionally, support is very responsive.

The licensing was convoluted to get volume discounts in the past, but they have fixed those issues. The recent addition of FFI backups requires support to enable it on some third-party S3 buckets.

Andrej
CTO in Slowenien
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

One of the best backup product for SMB and IT providers

Kommentare: Very satisfied, have been using many backup products in past 20 years and now I am happy and satisfied user, re-seller and admin of MSP360 for almost 10 years and have no plans to switch to anything else. Quite a lot of times I use it to restore some files, which users deleted accidentally or overwrote unintentionally, and process of finding right version of the file is much, much easier than with many other products.

What we like most is product being in affordable price range even for resale to lower budget end-users, while at the same time having all enterprise options and, as shown during years of use, enterprise reliability.

It is minor, but WEB user interface is a bit odd to me, as I was more used to some on-premises backup solutions. But it just needs some time to get used to, far beyond it being deal breaker.

Marian
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, Selbstständig

Excellent backup software for saving to cloud and local. The only one I use for Windows.

Kommentare: I know my clients' data is being backed up reliably. I use Cloudberry Lab Backup for clients locally and with AWS S3/Glacier. My clients are home users and small businesses.

The gui is well-designed, there are plenty of options. The choice of cloud storage providers is huge. It's extremely reliable. I've used Cloudberry Lab Backup - free and paid - on clients' servers, desktops, laptops for years. Even when there was no free version the price was so reasonable, much more affordable than other backup programs. In combination with Cloudberry Explorer, you can't beat it. Unlike many other backup solutions, you can also save locally too. The best tool for Windows backup strategies.

You do have to be fairly technically proficient (which isn't necessarily bad for us tech providers since we have to make a living!) so it's unlikely a regular end user would be able to deal with it. I would like the free version to allow a bit more than 200GB - maybe 350GB - just so I don't worry that a client's backups would stop working since I'm not onsite IT. But the price for one desktop license is so reasonable that if I'm sure a client will need more I just buy one. I did try Cloudberry Lab Backup on the Mac and didn't like it as well as Arq, but that was a while ago. Really this is excellent software.

James
Technical Service Manager in Irland
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great value for money product

Kommentare: It has allow us to streamline backups to the cloud and onboard customers quickly

Easy of use, easy to setup, restore from cloud quite speedy

Support could be improved, it would be better if you software generated and sent the log files to support when creating a support ticket

Hilton
Senior Network Engineer in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great way to back your systems to the cloud or other locations

Kommentare: Super easy to use and the flexibility of options

Super easy to use with a few click you are up an tuning ! I can remotely manage/ create or edit all back ups ! Very easy to use

More cloud back up providers like google amd other providers

William
William
High-Performance Business & Financial Coach in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Simple Set it and Forget It Installation

Kommentare: I need to run my business without being concerned that my backup data is secure and current. This software has allowed me a set it and forget it set up. Every so often I log into it and check the log files and it hasn't failed me. You can even set it to send you an email upon errors.

The software was as simple as following the prompts to get rolling. I like that it has several destination options available to send the backups, that it allows for block back up, encryption, throttling as to not use computer memory or internet bandwidth during backups. You can select directories and exclude file types. It is pretty versatile.

I can not say I have any con's on this particular software program because the fee was even one time, not monthly or annual.

Chuck
Co-owner in USA
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great value without sacrificing features

Kommentare: Overall, great solution and price with flexibility on all fronts!

The cost for what you get is undeniable. You get all the industry features needed to provide backup and disaster recovery solutions for your clients. We have also had success in recovering data for clients which is the most important during a ransomware attack or data loss.

The interface to manage costs and licenses could be better. Also, there could be some improvement on recovering data from the cloud console!

Nathan
Nathan
CEO in Mexiko

There is backup, and there is cloudberry backup

Kommentare: When you want to backup your information, computers, servers, NAS, and make it so that it is not that expensive, there is simply no better option out there.

I really don't know the story of this company, but it feels like they have been around forever, they absolutely know everything about backup!!! They are extremely good, one of the few that connects with backblaze b2, it is such a nice thing to work with them, their support exceeds every expectation... there is just not a single bad thing one can say about this company. Everything they do is smart and well thought out. And you have so many extras like webinars where they explain everything. You can't go wrong with them!

There is nothing not to like, even the price is awesome, the only issue is that you have to pay for the licenses upfront and only on a year per year basis. Which makes it a bit more expensive to get started, but that is about it. Everything else is awesome.

Mark
Director of Technology & Partnerships in USA

MSP360 is THE affordable backup for MSPs and small businesses

Kommentare: Support has been great and with Wasabi storage, we're good to go!

It's price point so we can make our margins but the client can still afford it.

It can take some time to get the first full backup.

Jim
Computer-Hardware, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Support is crappy

Kommentare: I use to like the ticket support of Cloudberry Labs. I have been a paid maintenance customer since 2013. In the maintenance plan they offer upgrades and support.
Even though they enjoy my annual maintenance fees on 9 licenses they refuse to honor the upgrade clause in the agreement.
I use to recommend the software and praise the support but in the past year it has went downhill fast. They don’t even read the issue in the support ticket and respond otherwise. I don’t not recommend them any more now based upon my real life experience now.

Ease of use Ease of install Runs in background

Crappy support Annual fee required to keep upgraded Refuse to honor their maintenance agreements

Davide
Director in Italien
Computer-Vernetzung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great chance to solve our customers' needs

Kommentare: Great esperience: we use it in the MSP scenario with great business success: our customers find our service unique, from different point of view: partner support is great and solved us every problem very quickly.

It's one of the real "on-the-cloud" solution, with only very poor effort to install agents on premise. Great reporting tools and very broad set of configurable features. Definitively our choice, after 6-months software selection.

at the moment nothing relevant for a negative rate.

Informationsdienst, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Nice basic backup application with a lot of functionality

Kommentare: Deployed this product to upload backups to Amazon aws and backplaze. It works as designed.

Easy to use. Very stable. Lots of features and functionality. Integrates with many cloud storage platforms. Has MSP management and re-branding capability.

Logging could be significantly improved. More information could be available online to help troubleshoot this product. Customer service could be easier to reach over the phone and could be slightly higher level support.

Jeremy
Director of Technology in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Solid, easy to use product/service

Kommentare: The product works very well, and the sales and support team are courteous, professional and a pleasure to work with.

MSP360's backup software is super easy to deploy and manage. Their support is fast, knowledgeable, and thorough. One of the best experiences I have had with a vendor in a very long time.

Nothing that I can think of at this time.