Über Castor EDC

Der einzige GCP & 21 CFR konformes System, das für jeden Forscher erschwinglich ist und über alle Funktionen von teueren Systemen verfügt. Jetzt starten.

Erfahre mehr über Castor EDC

Produktbewertung

Produktbewertung

Nutzung

Haben Sie Castor EDC bereits verwendet?

Teile deine Erfahrungen mit anderen Softwarekäufern.

Remco H.
Remco H.
Student Medicine in Niederlande
Medizinische Praxis, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Great online program for study

Kommentare: Good online service. Very helpfull for my Study

Safe program, you can use it on every computer, at home and in the office. It was fine to use the trial version.

Some little bugs, difficult Java scripts, Not possible to changes the output file

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Microsoft Excel

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Castor EDC: Safety, obligatory to use a data program, online possibility

Helen M.
Clinical Research Director in UK
Medizinische Geräte, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Light touch system

Kommentare: Easy set up for a simple study, including simple sales experience
Our biggest headache has been with slowness of the system, though some of that is because hospital IT departments have a "go slow" on any non-critical website. We've solved the issue by providing alternative routes to connect to the internet. However, it is still occasionally reported as being slow to update a page when SDV / sign off being captured.

Not overly complicated design and user interface for non-drug trials Easy set up, especially of internal data checks Nested forms (records) Visual cleanliness Globally based servers

Users report it being "clunky" and slow to update pages. This is more noticeable towards the end of the day (don't know if that is numbers of people using the system, or a reflection of having been working on it for several hours) It is not possible to filter on data within reports (as you can with records), nor run queries within the system (to find out how many patients have been diagnosed with a specific condition, captured in a report, I have to extract data for all patients, and clean it up in excel before I can run a simple count/filter function. The stats page doesn't allow scrolling, which means I often loose half the information User experience of using the system across different smart phones is variable

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: SMART-TRIAL, OpenClinica und Teamscope

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Castor EDC: pricing not based on numbers of patients ability to capture images from within the system

vor 9 Monaten

Hi Helen, Many thanks for your detailed review! Regarding the slowness issue - this is of course not expected behavior - while we have sometimes seen issues with hospital systems using outdated browsers, firewalls or slow networks, it would be good if we can identify the route cause and find a solution. So please reach out to our support team to further investigate this together! In addition, we will be working on improved reporting in the coming period, so stay tuned! Best regards, Elena Kochova, MD Sr. Customer Success Manager

Claudio I.
Senior Biostatistician in Italien
Pharmazeutika, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Castor EDC is easy to use

Easy to build the eCRF forms as well as define the study roles and join users to the study. CRF forms can be replicated from one study to another in very easy way and faster.

The data export functionality should be improved. XML and SAS datasets formats exports should be added

Antwort von Castor

Hi Claudio, Thank you for your review. We are continuously developing the product, so we would like to hear your further feedback on how to improve the data export functionality. We are at the moment considering the addition of SAS export. Best, Elena

Kees V.
PhD Candidate in Niederlande
Medizinische Praxis, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Excellent EDC and easy to use

Easy to use, manage and build. Multiple users can easlily work in a case-by-case EDC. Setting authorizations is easy and feedback can be given by means of queries. Data export is easy and complete.

It tends to get slower over time due to pilled up logs which are logged on the background and can be cleared by the team of castor.

Andreas M.
Clinical Project Manager in Schweden
Medizinische Geräte, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

My favorite eCRF platform so far

Kommentare: Using Castor EDC for a medical device clinical investigation.

The tool was easy to learn thanks to a few, short instructional tutorials and a great FAQ. I enjoyed the great level of control when building forms, and even managed to do some coding - and to test that code to make sure it really worked. The user interface has a modern look compared to many other EDCs. The smooth two-factor authentication is a plus.

Some building blocks are a bit limited in how they can be used. For example, some can't be set as "required", so one has to create additional fields to achieve the same result.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: SMART-TRIAL

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Castor EDC: Greater ease of use, eCRF design features (e.g. building blocks) and overall layout.

Maarten C.
Maarten C.
PhD candidate in Niederlande
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Good product, best service and easy to use

The structure is intuïtive, solid and runs smoothly which is very important for multicenter research. It helped me significantly in my work as project manager of an international multicenter RCT.

There are still options for improvement, such as a reminder for participating researchers of a coming deadline for a study visit (but Castor may have added this feature since I last used it).

Sharon G.
Sharon G.
CEO in Israel
Medizinische Geräte, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Best Value and Also Best Product

This software is intuitive to use. The company provides video training with all the ins and outs, even though you can work with it without the training. In the past, I had issues with obtaining a calculation for a specific formula and the customer support was so helpful, truly. Responses were almost immediate and my issue was resolved. In addition, the use of records and reports are so helpful when building the CRFs. This product includes EVERYTHING you can find in all of the competing products, including the regulatory requirements, but is so much less expensive that it is not even worth checking out the other companies. This is my go to platform for all of my clients' clinical trials.

Watching the videos... I just want to hop in. I am writing this because I have to, honestly, there is nothing I don't like about this software.

Antwort von Castor

Hi Sharon, Thank you so much for this super positive review and great to have you as a loyal customer! Our goal is to offer a product that covers all features necessary for any medical device or pharma study at a competitive price - so it's good to hear that it has indeed met your company's needs. Best regards, Elena Kochova, MD Customer Success Manager

Medard V.
PhD student, resident Internal Medicine in Niederlande
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Castor EDC: perfect for data capturing when performing clinical studies

Kommentare: I used Castor EDC for several medical research projects, to store medical data from hundreds of patients under care at several hospitals. I very much enjoyed working with Castor EDC. The program is now adapted by our hospital as main data capture program.

There are many great features about Castor EDC. The most important ones: - The product is extremely easy-to-use; everyone can work with it, the functions of the program are very intuitive. Therefore, the product can be used in clinical trials for data input by different researchers without a intensive and/or long training period. - Castor EDC is very easy to customize to a specific setting; several data structures can be created and different forms of information can be stored. Thanks to this adaptibility, I was able to use Castor for several of my research projects. - data transfer to data-analyzing programs is very easy - Castor customer support is very good; every time I encountered a problem, I got a quick reply and customer support offered handy solutions every time.

There are no features that I miss about this program, or things that I would like to see improved.

Christophe A.
Preclinical Project Leader - Data Manager in Belgien
Biotechnologie, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Castor EDC review

The platform is really user-friendly for both the person who enter data and the data manager (in my case). We can quite easily build a study from the ground up or use some other studies as a template by importing the structure. The Monitoring tab is really helpful for the tracking of queries or warning messages.

It is hard to tell what I do like least about Castor since I never used any other EDC system. I think that some features may be expanded. For instance, we have a cross-over study that will soon beon Live. We choose not to use the built-in randomization module because it was too limited for this specific study (it works really well for other studies). Also, the randomization tab is always available, which can lead to errors because some people randomize the patient before being certain that the patient can be included in the study.

vor 9 Monaten

Dear Cristophe, Thank you for your 5 star review! User friendliness is of course one of our main priorities! While some randomization features might be limited, we have recently introduced the possibility to use an external randomization list within Castor, so this might be helpful for some future studies! There are also workarounds for limiting the randomization to eligible records. Please reach out to our support team to discuss the options! Best regards, Elena Kochova, MD Sr. Customer Success Manager

Vivian B.
PhD Candidate in Niederlande
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great software!

Castor is very user friendly and I loved working with it!

I really have no improvements! I am really content.

Reza I.
MD, PhD candidate in Niederlande
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Castor - a modern data entry tool for research

Kommentare: I use Castor for two studies, one of which is a long-term multicentre study. I have designed these studies in Castor and am very happy with the product.

Castor is easy to use. In designing studies, I like how variables and answers are easily created, and that answers can be re-used for multiple variables. I also really appreciate the feature to have a variable depend on a (hidden) calculation. In using that feature, I have found that https://www.castoredc.com/tools/calculation-helper/ is a great way of testing your calculations are syntactically correct. It is also helpful that additional information can be given per variable. All these and other features make data entry clear and understandable for users, which in turn ensures that data entry mistakes are minimised or even prevented. Furthermore, it helps each study with an audit trail, so that changes are clearly documented for audit purposes. In my contact with customer support I have found that they responded swiftly and were always able to help me with any queries. Lastly, Castor keeps improving on its exisiting product, which to me is a significant sign of long-term viability. This is especially relevant when considering Castor for long-term research projects.

Getting to know Castor takes a bit of time, but it is very helpful to be aware of the structure of Castor, which allows you to fully utilise its potential.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: OpenClinica

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Castor EDC: Ease of use.

Lisa M.
Vice President, Clinical and Medical Affairs in USA
Pharmazeutika, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

High-quality, compliant and affordable EDC

Kommentare: Very positive. It's a compliant, easy to use, intuitive system that is affordable.

After a quick initial learning curve the system is easy to build out without having someone on staff that is an IT expert. Our clinical study managers are able to build out each study with little to no help from Castor. The database is easy to use by both clinical sites and sponsors. The company continues to improve the features of the system and provide webcasts to review the changes and answer user questions. The value can't be beat. As an early-stage start up company we are happy to have found a high-quality compliant system we can afford.

The one feature we feel is lacking is the ability of an investigator to "batch approve" once they have reviewed the data. It is labor intensive to approve each study visit and each record generated. Other systems provide this ability and investigator's expect this from all systems.

Antwort von Castor

Dear Lisa, Thank you for the positive review and for outlining all the aspects of our system that we pride ourselves on! We indeed offer regular webinars, help from our support team, and an extensive online manual with the aim that every user creates a database on their own in no time! Bulk actions is a good point, definitely something we are working on (for records, reports, and surveys!). We are also doing a make-over of the entire navigation in Castor in order to improve the design and intuitiveness of the system and to make that learning curve even steeper! Thank you for the 5 stars! Elena Kochova, MD Customer Success Manager

Rosaline V.
Trial Coordinator Wetenschapsbureau in Niederlande
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Castor EDC - user friendly, with lots of options and a great helpdesk

Kommentare: Before they were using Castor EDC in this hospital, not everyone was working GCP-proof. With Castor EDC, they do. Benefits are that I can re-use some of the previously created eCRFs, which saves a lot of time and promotes standardization of databases.

The software is user friendly, and it is clear that (medical) researchers were involved in the development of the software - which is very convenient. The software offers a lot of options, so users can design their own eCRF and databases. The manual offer a lot of information if you do not know you to create something you have in mind. Moreover, the helpdesk is Always very quick in responding to your questions. What I also appreciate is that Castor EDC is open for any suggestions for improvement.

I do miss some options that I appreciated a lot while working with other similar software (in other hospitals). However, a pro is that I have mentioned those to the helpdesk and either they responded that they will incorporate them in future, or put them on a whish list, or they provided me a kind of work around. Unfortunately, not all the options I appreciated in the other software will be incorporated.

Antwort von Castor

Dear Rosaline, Thank you for your review - we are indeed focused on compliance and data standardization, so thank you for pointing that out. We are developing Castor continuously so we hope that the features you are missing will be there soon! In the meantime, please do continue to give us feedback. Best, Elena

Robin K.
PhD Candidate and Lecturer in Niederlande
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

A reliable database for all types of studies

Kommentare: Dont let the cons bother you too much. Its a future proof software which every researcher should seriously consider using.

+ Ease of use, it didnt take long to master it. + Castor EDC is supported by many companies as a reliable partner. + Castor keeps updating its product and services in order to keep up with developments in research law and good clinical practice. + No more paper! (Or rather.. less paper) + The ability to create case report forms of measurement instruments for future use in other studies. + Large amount of options for all types of studies.

- The way the database is set up enforces the user to decide how he/she wants her data to be exported. - The system is not really designed for a high amount of measurements per step. It leads to some lagg in inserting data and it will nog let you make entire steps missing when applicable -> meaning you have to tag every single item as missing which is not very efficient. - The use of previously used/exported CRFs is still in development. For instance, only entire steps can be exported for future use though often steps contain multiple instruments or measurements.

Sjors K.
MD, Research Fellow/PhD Candidate in Niederlande
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Castor is an indispensable tool for clinical research!

Kommentare: I used the platform for 5 international retrospective multi-center cohort studies and it was a great experience to see how researchers at all the participating centers interacted so easily with the software. Everyone loved it.

Castor is a GDPR compliant tool to capture and store baseline characteristics, patient surveys, and clinical outcomes. It's affordable, easy to set up and easy to use. What I love most about it is that it improves the study quality so much compared to traditional methods of data capturing. I also love all the automatic calculations (e.g. age from date of birth and procedure date) the system can perform. The ePro feature to send out surveys to patients directly is great!

The platform could be even better if it offered functionality to design/structure all variables, definitions, input value options, and calculations in Excel and upload it to Castor. This would make it so much easier to translate (parts) of existing databases to new projects. Also, I missed an option to directly export the database to STATA. Castor currently only supports CSV/Excel/SPSS. Otherwise, no cons.

Antwort von Castor

Hi Sjors, Thank you for your positive review! It's good to hear that you have used Castor for so many multicenter studies and that all users were happy with the platform. We hope you conduct many more successful studies in the future! We actually have an internal method to transform existing 'Excel' databases into Castor and we do offer such transformations. Please get in touch and we can lead you through the process! Best regards, Elena Kochova, MD Customer Success Manager

Bill H.
CEO in USA
Biotechnologie, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use and well designed

We are a small start-up company and the task of setting up our study fell on me, a person with absolutely no experience with EDC systems. After doing a little research we selected Castor EDC because it seemed easy to use and the price was right for us. Castor EDC has been everything we've hoped it would be. It is easy to learn and set-up. Our study sites have liked it and found it very easy to use. It is feature complete doing everything we have wanted to do. One concern we had was that the company has no US-based support and we are on the West coast. As such, getting support in real-time is really not an option. I was also concerned about possible language barriers. Those initial concerns have not materialized to be realities. On the three occasions I have required support, I have received it within 24 hours, via email. Each time the answer I received was complete and they addressed my question on the first response. Overall, we are very satisfied.

I have two fairly nit picky issues: 1. Setting up user rights is a bit clunky. It is very flexible, which I love, but a bit clunky. 2. Dependencies and validations are limited to a single field and the logic is very limited. On the plus side, one can work around those limitations with hidden calculations.

Antwort von Castor

Hi Bill, Thank you so much for you review. We are very happy to be able to help your business with such an important element of your journey towards getting Alibrex to market. I will be in touch soon for a personal introduction. Please know, while not immediate, we do plan to redesign the validation and dependency builder. In the mean time, as you mentioned, multi-variate edit checks and dependencies can be scripted using calculation fields. Derk Arts, MD PhD CEO Castor EDC

Sanne A.
Clinical Research Scientist in Niederlande
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Very nice software, with future possibilities

Kommentare: When designing the study in castor, you learn a lot of functionalities that might come in handy for future designing. However, in the beginning, it can be hard to figure out where to start. Therefore, I would recommend everyone to take a look at the tutorial videos provided by Castor. They really helped me to understand the software better.

The software is easy to use, and allows for multiple people to work on the same project, whilst still being able to discriminate who worked on what fields. Additionally, after some practice, it is quite simple to build up an eCRF in castor, which can be used for live data storage.

The fact that it is not able to import survey answers. We started using Castor when our study had already started. In order to store data from subjects that had already started our study, all survey answers had to be filled in manually. Also, at this moment, Castor does not warn you when you still have a report open for a subject, it still shows up as 100% complete when all regular fields are filled in. This would be nice to change.

Gabby H.
Project/Data management in Niederlande
Forschung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

CASTOR for clinical studies

Kommentare: CASTOR incorporates everything that I wanted from an electronic data capture program, and is so easy to use that everyone can work with it.

CASTOR for me is the answer to electronic data capture. It is easy to use, you have full control, it is safe and data from several sources can be incorporated. Can be used by the investigator, monitor as well as the participant for answering the questionnaires. I also like the fact that the software keeps being developed and better features are added regulary. Communication is excellent.

The help section is sometimes a bit hard to work through. Also would like to have a printable version of the manual (esp. for instructions to people using the ready-made castor forms).

Antwort von Castor

Dear Gabby, Thanks for this great review! We pride ourselves on our platform's security, user-friendliness and multiple functionalities, as well as the responsiveness of our support team, so we are happy to hear that these are the highlights for you as a data manager! We have recently migrated our entire knowledge base, have you checked it out? It can be found at https://helpdesk.castoredc.com. The searchability has improved significantly since! We have also added printable pdf manuals for data entry users, study admins and monitors. We hope these will be useful for you! Thank you! Elena Kochova, MD Customer Success Manager

Alexandra K.
Sr CRA in USA
Medizinische Geräte, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Affordable and Reliable EDC System

Kommentare: Overall experience with Castor is extremely positive. I think the customer support has been great and I really enjoy the company!

It's really easy setting up the data collection process for your study. I love how you can play around with setting up a study (test study) so you can learn and implement that best data collection process for your study. The customization is great. It's also a great tool for small companies because of the price! Castor also does not charge you until your study goes live, which takes a lot of pressure off of the set up time, which is ultimately the longest and most difficult part when getting started with an EDC system--this gives you time to review with your team.

I wish there was a "save select data export" feature, where you can customize specific data fields to export, save, and re-download them at a later time instead of manually having to customize the fields again. The tutorial/help videos for setting up the study were mostly helpful, but I didn't use many features because of the lack of clarity in how to implement or the purpose of certain data fields. I think a better explanation (or even examples) as to what a "Repeated Measures" function as opposed to a "Add Report" function, for example.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: ClinCapture

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Castor EDC: Price

Olav V.
PhD candidate in Niederlande
Medizinische Praxis, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Positive experiences with Castor

Kommentare: I can only recommend Castor since using it, it's easy, comprehensive and complete and has an excellent support staff.

Castor gives an easy to use, easily understandable online tool to set up and execute your research projects. Starting up is easy: just play with it! Don't be affraid to ruin anything, just try it. It give some excellent videos for your support in starting with Castor. The helpdesk is very helpful: mails are responded to within the hour and issues are actually solved, even it takes quite some time (several days in my case).

If you want to set up calculations in Castor, you need knowledge of java. It would be a great benefit if this was made easier. With a little trial and error, you will get a long way, but it remains an issue. Despite the fact that Castor gives you quite good support on these calculations.

Antwort von Castor

Hi Olav, Many thanks for your 5-star review and for praising our support team! We indeed try our best to help all users get the best support possible. As far as calculations go, our calculation library contains a lot of ready-to-use templates that you can easily adapt for your own use. The advantage of javascript, although it requires some getting used to, is that it is quite powerful, so it allows you to perform complex calculations and edit checks to ensure data quality. But if I understand correctly by now you're a pro :-) Best, Elena Customer Success Manager

Anne-floor Q.
MD, research fellow in Niederlande
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Castor Review

Kommentare: Very good! Since we use Castor our data quality has improved tremendously since our research staff (around the world) immediatly got familiar with Castor and found it much easier to use than the previous systems.

How fast we could get started as Castor is very user friendly. We could build some eCRFs ourselves, and the support provided for the parts we could not do ourselves was very fast, adequate and high quality.

Nothing so far. Some minor features that were not available were customly build for us when requested.

Antwort von Castor

Hi Anne-Floor, Thank you for your all-star review! It makes us extremely happy to hear that you have found Castor so easy to use and valuable for your study! - Elena

Fleur K.
PhD student in Niederlande
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Clear and user friendly database with many features

Kommentare: Castor has a good customers service who supports you when you encounter any difficulties and provides you with helpful tips/solutions.

It is easy for a non-experienced database builder to create your own database using Castor. The database is easy to use for data-entry, monitoring and creating reports or surveys. You can add a lot of users and adjust the rights for each of the users. As an admin you have a clear overview on the progress of the study in all participating sites and you get a message every time a patient is included in the trial.

Sending out surveys is still a manual task, it would be great if by just entering the participants' email address, the surveys are sent automatically.

Antwort von Castor

Hi Fleur, Thanks for your 5 star review, we really appreciate it! With regards to sending surveys when you add the email address, have you looked at our automation engine? https://helpdesk.castoredc.com/article/44-automatically-send-out-surveys That should hopefully make your life even easier! All the best, Derk Arts, MD PhD CEO Castor EDC

Gwendolyn V.
Gwendolyn V.
Researcher in Niederlande
Medizinische Praxis, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Castor, easy data management

Kommentare: Great experience. Especially as the support is quick and complete answering querries.

The most convenient thing about using Castor is that I do not have to send paper questionnaires and fill out all data manually. I created a survey and now my patients fill out the questions electronically. Subsequently the answers are converted to the nessecary data so I can perform my analyses. Another pro is that I can provide others access to the database but monitor their actions and changes, and also provide limited access in case of multicenter trials, to limit the risk of errors creating new cases.

I cannot see which patients have fully been included or have finished the study. Although a progress bar is included now, some questions are not obligatory and are still counted for the study progress. But there is not much to dislike.

Antwort von Castor

Hi Gwendolyn, Thanks for your positive review! We're glad you like our ePRO solution and the central user management. We recommend using the record progress for tracking the completeness of the records, which takes into account only required questions. We are planning including a record status option where you could mark your records accordingly depending on the specific study flow. Best, Elena

Mike C.
Software Engineer / UX Specialist in Irland
Forschung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Really Versatile and GDPR Compliant Data Storage Platform

Kommentare: The ability to build our own research forms and surveys, quickly and in GDPR compliant way is a massive help for us as it has drastically reduced the cost of this and also the time it takes to get the forms built. It means we can do research faster and cheaper and with compliance headaches handled. The support from Castor has been amazing. They are very quick to respond (even to stupid questions!) and gave us huge support before we signed up.

We literally have found tons of uses for Castor. The ability to build your own forms quickly and knowing the data is stored in a GDPR Compliant way is a HUGE help for us. Also the validation options in the fields are really good / ensure high level of data quality. And Also, The SPSS export function is really a great help too!

The Surveys do not work well on Mobile phones and most of our research participants would use them that way.

Antwort von Castor

Hi Mike, Great to hear that you have found so many uses of Castor and that you rate it with 5 stars on all aspects! Compliance and security, together with a helpful support team our some of our top priorities! There have been some small improvements in the survey mobile experience, but we are aiming for a full mobile optimization with our coming redesigns. Stay tuned! :) Best, Elena

Alden V.
Datamanagement consultant & developer in Niederlande
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Castor edc: the database to have

Kommentare: Castor is continuosly growing, so i always look forward to the next upgrade.
My experience is very good. I have a good connection with a few employers at Castor and we help each other out.

very easy to understand and use. you have an immediate layout overview when setting up the database.

some validations are not yet possible some validations need multiple calculations which takes time to build

Antwort von Castor

Dear Alden, Thank you for reviewing Castor EDC and for being part of the Castor research community! We are happy to hear that you find the platform user-friendly! As you probably know, calculation fields offer a wide range of validations you can do using multiple study variables. I understand this might take a bit of extra time which is why we intend to make complex data validations even easier in the future. We also always look forward to our upgrades and to continuously delivering new features that help maximize the efficiency and impact of research done across the world! Thanks, Elena Kochova, MD Customer Success Manager