Über Castor EDC

Der einzige GCP & 21 CFR konformes System, das für jeden Forscher erschwinglich ist und über alle Funktionen von teueren Systemen verfügt. Jetzt starten.

Erfahre mehr über Castor EDC

I love how Castor works very intuitively, which makes it easy to build and customize.

All variables need to be created manually; there is no option to do this programmatically.

Bewertungen zu Castor EDC

4,9

Castor EDC hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 130 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Castor EDC bereits verwendet?

Remco
Remco
Student Medicine in Niederlande
Medizinische Praxis, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Great online program for study

Kommentare: Good online service. Very helpfull for my Study

Safe program, you can use it on every computer, at home and in the office. It was fine to use the trial version.

Some little bugs, difficult Java scripts, Not possible to changes the output file

Helen
Clinical Research Director in UK
Medizinische Geräte, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Light touch system

Kommentare: Easy set up for a simple study, including simple sales experience
Our biggest headache has been with slowness of the system, though some of that is because hospital IT departments have a "go slow" on any non-critical website. We've solved the issue by providing alternative routes to connect to the internet. However, it is still occasionally reported as being slow to update a page when SDV / sign off being captured.

Not overly complicated design and user interface for non-drug trials Easy set up, especially of internal data checks Nested forms (records) Visual cleanliness Globally based servers

Users report it being "clunky" and slow to update pages. This is more noticeable towards the end of the day (don't know if that is numbers of people using the system, or a reflection of having been working on it for several hours) It is not possible to filter on data within reports (as you can with records), nor run queries within the system (to find out how many patients have been diagnosed with a specific condition, captured in a report, I have to extract data for all patients, and clean it up in excel before I can run a simple count/filter function. The stats page doesn't allow scrolling, which means I often loose half the information User experience of using the system across different smart phones is variable

Antwort von Castor

Hi Helen, Many thanks for your detailed review! Regarding the slowness issue - this is of course not expected behavior - while we have sometimes seen issues with hospital systems using outdated browsers, firewalls or slow networks, it would be good if we can identify the route cause and find a solution. So please reach out to our support team to further investigate this together! In addition, we will be working on improved reporting in the coming period, so stay tuned! Best regards, Elena Kochova, MD Sr. Customer Success Manager

CLAUDIO
Senior Biostatistician in Italien
Pharmazeutika, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Castor EDC is easy to use

Easy to build the eCRF forms as well as define the study roles and join users to the study. CRF forms can be replicated from one study to another in very easy way and faster.

The data export functionality should be improved. XML and SAS datasets formats exports should be added

Antwort von Castor

Hi Claudio, Thank you for your review. We are continuously developing the product, so we would like to hear your further feedback on how to improve the data export functionality. We are at the moment considering the addition of SAS export. Best, Elena

Sanne
Clinical Research Scientist in Niederlande
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Very nice software, with future possibilities

Kommentare: When designing the study in castor, you learn a lot of functionalities that might come in handy for future designing. However, in the beginning, it can be hard to figure out where to start. Therefore, I would recommend everyone to take a look at the tutorial videos provided by Castor. They really helped me to understand the software better.

The software is easy to use, and allows for multiple people to work on the same project, whilst still being able to discriminate who worked on what fields. Additionally, after some practice, it is quite simple to build up an eCRF in castor, which can be used for live data storage.

The fact that it is not able to import survey answers. We started using Castor when our study had already started. In order to store data from subjects that had already started our study, all survey answers had to be filled in manually. Also, at this moment, Castor does not warn you when you still have a report open for a subject, it still shows up as 100% complete when all regular fields are filled in. This would be nice to change.

Kees
PhD Candidate in Niederlande
Medizinische Praxis, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Excellent EDC and easy to use

Easy to use, manage and build. Multiple users can easlily work in a case-by-case EDC. Setting authorizations is easy and feedback can be given by means of queries. Data export is easy and complete.

It tends to get slower over time due to pilled up logs which are logged on the background and can be cleared by the team of castor.

Andreas
Clinical Project Manager in Schweden
Medizinische Geräte, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

My favorite eCRF platform so far

Kommentare: Using Castor EDC for a medical device clinical investigation.

The tool was easy to learn thanks to a few, short instructional tutorials and a great FAQ. I enjoyed the great level of control when building forms, and even managed to do some coding - and to test that code to make sure it really worked. The user interface has a modern look compared to many other EDCs. The smooth two-factor authentication is a plus.

Some building blocks are a bit limited in how they can be used. For example, some can't be set as "required", so one has to create additional fields to achieve the same result.

Maarten
Maarten
PhD candidate in Niederlande
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Good product, best service and easy to use

The structure is intuïtive, solid and runs smoothly which is very important for multicenter research. It helped me significantly in my work as project manager of an international multicenter RCT.

There are still options for improvement, such as a reminder for participating researchers of a coming deadline for a study visit (but Castor may have added this feature since I last used it).

Kelly
Kelly
Researcher & Surgeon in training in Niederlande
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

I recommend the use of Castor EDC to al researchers!

- Castor EDC is very easy to use; EVERYONE can learn it. There are very useful videos available to learn how to work with Castor EDC. - Castor EDC is very easy to use in case multiple users need to add information to e.g. the same patient (i.e. record), you are able to limit the access/actions of each individual user - You can access your data everywhere, it is widely availble and safely stored - You can add validation criteria and data verification when you enter data to prevent incorrect data entry to limit missing/incorrect values - It is very easy to incorporate surveys and send them to patients/users - If you prepare your study well in Castor and use the features that are availlable, your data output can easily be uploaded to SPSS, which saves you a lot of work!

Around two years ago it was not possible to send a survey to a group of people at the same time by using one link. Each person needed to receive an individual link from his/her own record ID. I would like to be able to use only one link that can be entered multiple times by multiple people. PM. When I asked castor about this possibility at that time, I immediately received a reply. Within one hour they explained why it was not possible and suggested other possibilities to solve the question: the support is very good and always available!

Sharon
Sharon
CEO in Israel
Medizinische Geräte, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best Value and Also Best Product

This software is intuitive to use. The company provides video training with all the ins and outs, even though you can work with it without the training. In the past, I had issues with obtaining a calculation for a specific formula and the customer support was so helpful, truly. Responses were almost immediate and my issue was resolved. In addition, the use of records and reports are so helpful when building the CRFs. This product includes EVERYTHING you can find in all of the competing products, including the regulatory requirements, but is so much less expensive that it is not even worth checking out the other companies. This is my go to platform for all of my clients' clinical trials.

Watching the videos... I just want to hop in. I am writing this because I have to, honestly, there is nothing I don't like about this software.

Antwort von Castor

Hi Sharon, Thank you so much for this super positive review and great to have you as a loyal customer! Our goal is to offer a product that covers all features necessary for any medical device or pharma study at a competitive price - so it's good to hear that it has indeed met your company's needs. Best regards, Elena Kochova, MD Customer Success Manager

Gwendolyn
Gwendolyn
Researcher in Niederlande
Medizinische Praxis, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Castor, easy data management

Kommentare: Great experience. Especially as the support is quick and complete answering querries.

The most convenient thing about using Castor is that I do not have to send paper questionnaires and fill out all data manually. I created a survey and now my patients fill out the questions electronically. Subsequently the answers are converted to the nessecary data so I can perform my analyses. Another pro is that I can provide others access to the database but monitor their actions and changes, and also provide limited access in case of multicenter trials, to limit the risk of errors creating new cases.

I cannot see which patients have fully been included or have finished the study. Although a progress bar is included now, some questions are not obligatory and are still counted for the study progress. But there is not much to dislike.

Antwort von Castor

Hi Gwendolyn, Thanks for your positive review! We're glad you like our ePRO solution and the central user management. We recommend using the record progress for tracking the completeness of the records, which takes into account only required questions. We are planning including a record status option where you could mark your records accordingly depending on the specific study flow. Best, Elena

Medard
PhD student, resident Internal Medicine in Niederlande
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Castor EDC: perfect for data capturing when performing clinical studies

Kommentare: I used Castor EDC for several medical research projects, to store medical data from hundreds of patients under care at several hospitals. I very much enjoyed working with Castor EDC. The program is now adapted by our hospital as main data capture program.

There are many great features about Castor EDC. The most important ones: - The product is extremely easy-to-use; everyone can work with it, the functions of the program are very intuitive. Therefore, the product can be used in clinical trials for data input by different researchers without a intensive and/or long training period. - Castor EDC is very easy to customize to a specific setting; several data structures can be created and different forms of information can be stored. Thanks to this adaptibility, I was able to use Castor for several of my research projects. - data transfer to data-analyzing programs is very easy - Castor customer support is very good; every time I encountered a problem, I got a quick reply and customer support offered handy solutions every time.

There are no features that I miss about this program, or things that I would like to see improved.

alden
Datamanagement consultant & developer in Niederlande
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Castor edc: the database to have

Kommentare: Castor is continuosly growing, so i always look forward to the next upgrade.
My experience is very good. I have a good connection with a few employers at Castor and we help each other out.

very easy to understand and use. you have an immediate layout overview when setting up the database.

some validations are not yet possible some validations need multiple calculations which takes time to build

Antwort von Castor

Dear Alden, Thank you for reviewing Castor EDC and for being part of the Castor research community! We are happy to hear that you find the platform user-friendly! As you probably know, calculation fields offer a wide range of validations you can do using multiple study variables. I understand this might take a bit of extra time which is why we intend to make complex data validations even easier in the future. We also always look forward to our upgrades and to continuously delivering new features that help maximize the efficiency and impact of research done across the world! Thanks, Elena Kochova, MD Customer Success Manager

Robyn
PhD-student in Niederlande

Beste Datamanagement System I'v worked with

I really like Castor EDC. It is easy to build and has many features. I use Castor EDC on a daily basis for my multicentre RCT. It is easy that I an keep in touch with other centres through this system. Futhermore, it is very easy to send out questionnaires. The most positive thing about Castor is that you have all your data in one place. Finally, Catsor has a very good customer service. If I have a problem, I get a respons in one hour. At the beginning we had some difficulties with our study, and Castor invited us to their main office to help us.

I hope in feature, Castor will be linked with EPIC. Furthermore, I hope will be possible to sign Informed Consents in Castor.

Brechtje
PhD in Niederlande

High-quality data collection

What I like about Castor is that I can create a user-friendly database that will also create a user-friendly output, i.e. that I can already prepare the data as much as possible to make data analysis easier.

More possibilities regarding surveys would add even more value: automatic reminders to subjects to complete their survey, notifications if surveys have not been completed yet (in addition to the existing notifications that surveys have been completed).

Antwort von Castor

Hi Brechtje, Thank you for this review! We are working on automatic reminders, something that's been on the top of our list! Notifications for non-completion will be a next step afterwards. Good luck further with your research in Castor! Best, Elena

Shardule
Manager in USA
Biotechnologie, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Love this system!

Easy to use Fantastic customer service Affordable

On rare occasions, bit of a lag time moving from one page to next while filling in form. Nothing major.

Antwort von Castor

Dear Shardule, It's always a pleasure to see a 5-star review! Thank you for the nice words! If you do experience lags again (definitely not the intention!), please contact our customer support, we can look together with you to see what might be causing it. As you know, we want to solve any issues you encounter! :) Thanks again, Elena Kochova, MD Customer Success Manager

Liselotte
PhD student in Niederlande
Medizinische Praxis, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Very easy software for data collection

Kommentare: It is very easy to use for save data collection.

Castor is very easy to use for data collection, but also to build other sharing platforms.

The possibility to upload video's should be more easy.

Tsz Wai
Clinical research coordinator in Kanada
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Love the software!

Very user friendly, easy access to online help (email), audit trail available, ease of uploading documents, data editing easily without having to unlock pages constantly

Everytime I stop typing in a field and come back to it 30 s later, the GCP box pops up and ask me why am I making changes. I was just abit slow to type in the data. This is the only issue that is somewhat annoying, having to justify why even though I am not changing the data. Perhaps this box should pop up only if we make changes after we save the page?

Sara
PhD student in Niederlande
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

User friendly interface

Kommentare: It provides a solution for the data management requirements

It is very user friendly, easy to get acquinted with

Immediate changes also require a justification even though you are just correcting a typo

Stefanie
Research Manager in Kanada
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A product that makes sense, even to novice computer users

Kommentare: My overall experience has been phenomenal. I recommend Castor EDC to colleagues any time I can!

Being a small non-profit organization stretched for time and resources, finding a secure platform which took into account our small under-resourced status in cost and was easy for me to build and customize was invaluable. Add to that the amazing customer service and I was even happier.

There are 3 things that could be improved: 1. Allowing for more than one dependency on a question. 2. Make automations easier to set up with clearer terminology and instructions. 3. Allow for simple pulling of numbers for a specific field without exporting data (i.e. how many in field x said 'yes')

Mathieu
DM Department Lead in Dänemark
Pharmazeutika, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Castor EDC can be a great solution!

Kommentare: The system is finally a great system that I use for:
- non commercial studies
- small projects (research, academic or phase I)

It is easy to deploy, a quite friendly user system, allows quick study setup and is not expensive at all.

The audit trail difficult to extract and get. I had some issues when designing a page with a big table: performance issues led to problems when recording data. Keep in mind to design pages without hundreds of fields.

Daniel
Director of clinical trials & regulatory affairs in USA
Forschung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A great EDC system

Kommentare: Overall it’s been a great experience. Loved this edc system.

The system is extremely user friendly. The startup time was quick when entering the webpage.

Margins cut off subject numbers, so they weren’t displayed properly. Queries could be resolved quicker if there wasn’t an option to choose between completed, resolved, etc.

Antwort von Castor

Dear Daniel, Thank you very much for the 5 stars! Great to hear that you love the system. You can drag the margin to expand the column width and you can decide which columns to include in your overview from the dropdown in the column header. To close a query directly, you could assign Query rights if you want to skip the 'resolved' stage. We hope to have you on board for many more studies! Please contact us if you need advice for the database setup. Best regards, Elena Kochova, MD Customer Success Manager

Dennis & Lisanne
Niederlande
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Great interface, superb customer service

Kommentare: Great interface, dummy-proof, adheres to GCP-requirements without being disturbing to users. Hardly any bugs noted, but if there, they will be fixed within a few hours. Ability to make accounts for different users with different restrictions (fantastic!). Recommendations:
- Options to build eCRFS could be extended somewhat, e.g. medication module
- Other randomisation algorithms
- Option to adjust the planned dates for surveys (future survey invites) that have already been saved.

Antwort von Castor

Thank you for your excellent feedback. Regarding your points: - Currently we recommend using the new "Repeated measures" feature to create your own medication module. We will try to include medication lists in Castor but that is difficult due to international differences - We have built our Biased Coin Minimization (BCM) algorithm and are currently validating it, we will update you when it is released! - This is a very valid point and was developed in the current 'sprint', it will be released in in version 4.7. Again, thanks for the feedback, this is what we need to keep on improving Castor EDC! - Derk Arts MD, PhD.c Founder Castor EDC

Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Castor for Investigator initiated Research

Kommentare: It made it easy to set up an international clinical trial

Easy to use and intuitive Accessible Easy to set up

Payable Difficulty of getting statistical nice graphs

Antwort von Castor

Hi there, Thank you for your review! Our intention is to make Castor very easy to use, so that any researcher can build their own database without any programming experience whatsoever. We are thus very happy that you rate us with 5 stars! We also try to keep Castor affordable for everyone and especially for academic, investigator-initiated studies. Small studies are entirely free! As for the graphs, we have created an integrated analytics dashboard that will allow you to do data analysis and make your own reports within Castor EDC. We will be releasing it soon, so stay tuned! Best regards, Elena Kochova, MD Customer Success Manager

Clinton
CTO in USA
Biotechnologie, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Castor EDC, for the win!

Castor EDC is really easy to setup and use. I had virtually no previous experience designing and maintaining clinical data systems, but Castor made the whole process a piece of cake! Any questions I had along the way were addressed in their helpful videos. The research coordinators we work with have also mentioned how impressed they are with Castor and were able to start using it with only minimal instruction.

There is sometimes a lot of clicking required to add new form fields and navigating through reports can sometimes be tricky.

Marieke
datamanager in Niederlande
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Several studies

Kommentare: We use Castor for several studies, we espesially use it for surveys for patients

Castor is very easy to use, and the helpdesk tries to help you very fast

I find the calculations hard to use. so I need help with it very often.

Antwort von Castor

Hi Marieke, Thank you for your positive review! Ease of use and customer support are our top values, so we are super happy that you highlighted these! Calculations can be a bit hard when you start, but that's why we are here to help :) We will make these easier to use in the future, but in the meantime please make use of our extensive database of calculation formulas and our helpful support team :) Best regards, Elena Kochova, MD Customer Success Manager