Über PingPlotter

PingPlotter zeichnet die Netzwerkleistung auf, um Engpässe zu erkennen und umfasst Überwachungs-, Warn- und Anpassungsfunktionen.

Erfahre mehr über PingPlotter

Easy to start a new plotter and the started ones runs in the background for later investigation.

Occasionally the tracking stops, either due to a hotkey pressed or just for some reason the site I'm tracing just stops tracking.

Bewertungen zu PingPlotter

PingPlotter hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 170 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du PingPlotter bereits verwendet?

Kevin
Kevin
Principal in USA
Versicherung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Carrier issues validated

Kommentare: We’ve been having service outages with our Commercial- Time Warner/ Spectrum Cable internet service for a few months. We’ve had five different technician visits over this time trying to resolve the same issue. With all of the visits we have replaced every piece of internal house cabling and external drop to the pole tap, and all the modem/ router/ switches. And at a serious cost! The last two visits were by senior technicians and they came with laptops to show us the health history of our account. We had be writing down the times and dates of the outages to help them pinpoint the problem. What we found is their sampling rate time frame is way broader than they were telling us. Meaning we could tell them the service was out for say an hour on this day/time, but they couldn’t see it on their tools dashboard. Looking forward to clearing up the intermittent outages problem. Many thanks!

Easy of install and use. It wasn’t until we installed Ping Plotter and took screen shots of those subsequent days for QOS proof did they start to get somewhat serious about the problem! Up till then it was a patch it and move on. patch it and move on mentality. Now that we have our own tool, we gain better QOS data.

Glad to report we did not find any issues with the software.

Robert
Robert
Senior Product Development Scientist & QC Manager in USA
Chemikalien, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A simple to use tool that tells you the state of your Internet connections

Kommentare: I got PingPlotter because I was having flaky Internet connections, and I couldn't figure out what the problem was. I could use Email and simple web surfing, but anything more than that was difficult at best and impossible at worst. Windows 10 Ping program wasn't very helpful. I went online looking for a better, free solution, and I saw many recommendations for PingPlotter. PingPlotter comes with a 15 day free trial of the Pro Version, and that turned out to be very helpful. By monitoring multiple targets continuously over several days, I found patterns in my Internet connection that helped me figure out, in consultation with my ISP where the problems were. I am now working towards a resolution of those problems. I highly recommend PingPlotter as a simple-to-use, helpful tool for diagnosing Internet connection problems.

Easy to download and install. 15 day free trial Easy to use. It's almost intuitive, but where it isn't intuitive, the help files are actually helpful. Provides helpful graphics that show the path my data is taking, how much packet loss is occurring, and where it is occurring. In the Pro version, you can continuously ping and monitor multiple targets for hours.

The free trial comes to an end. :-( The graphics would sometimes hang up when I was running continuous monitoring for hours, forcing me to reset and restart.

Nadine
None in Südafrika
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

PingPlotter

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: PingPlotter helped us determine where the bottlenecks were between us and the gaming servers. Our ISP was given pingplotter results to work with and rectify the problems. This is a very useful tool for troubleshooting network issues

Ease of use. Visual presentation of the results.

Sometimes reported incorrect packet loss on internal functioning network devices

Rachel
Director in UK
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Looking at the Pro version. The tool works very well, but limited in ability for its price.

Kommentare: Visibility of some network issues. I would purchase some licenses immediately if they were 1/5 of the price (which is where I would put a price on this software) however since the seat license is so high, I will look for other solutions.

Graphical representation of IP traceroutes and ping stats done at the same time. The graphical information is clear and concise, with the ability to scroll through a timeline to some extent. The software cleanly loads in Win10 without crashing.

Timeline information needs work as it's not intuitive to scroll through specific times/dates. There is no obvious way to look at a time period over 7 days and examine a 3 minute interval in detail for example. Pricewise; I purchased a Fingbox which is a physical device which has a lot more ability than this software although the uses are different I feel the value for money for this software is not good! The price of this software is way over priced for the pro version. There are no bulk purchase discounts at all so no incentive to purchase more than once license at a time. The features the software offers is very small for what you would expect at the price. There are many free tools out there which seem to do the same thing. Ultimately it won't take long for someone to write an equivalent at a sensible price. The trial period for the pro version should be longer. I didn't really get much time to spend on customisation. Take out the weekends and normal busy daily activities and there isn't really much time to spend on the testing it in 14 days.

Héctor
Héctor
CEO / Lead Architect in Honduras
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Awesome option to see the status of the network

Kommentare: UI needs a refresh, But is a powerful tool to see your network status and if you're losing packaged you can start working on a fix before the network or services fall.

With PingPlotter we were able to monitor our networks connections status, both intranet and to the internet without issue, very useful to see when something fails and we have to fix it.

Kinda Pricy, UI can be improved it's kinda old compared to other solutions and sometimes hard to use, there are open source alternatives to do this work as well.

Luis
CEO in Argentinien
Großhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Excellent product to take into account for intensive control of a network.

Kommentare: I really liked it as a tool, I think that everyone should have a network monitor of this caliber continuously to be able to rest easy.

The facility that it provides to use immediately, it took me just a couple of minutes to start monitoring the network and to be able to make an operating diagram.

the inability to make comparisons of time ranges simultaneously in a single analysis

Lucas
Support Analyzer in Brasilien
Computer-Hardware, Selbstständig

Awsome Tool

Extremely functional tool in terms of network resolution. Complete and easy to use. I recommend!!!

Its a simple but strong tool and really fulfilled my demand

Nissrina
Import and export in Ägypten
Pharmazeutika, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I strong suggest pingplotter

Kommentare: Happy,Motivated Suggest strongly

Accurate analysis and monitoring High level of management Regular notification

Price is very responsible related to value

Stacey
Network Admin in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Ping Plotter is a necessity for Network Admins

Kommentare: Great for network monitoring, highly recommend.

Ease of use, network monitoring, knowledge base

There is nothing that I do not like about Ping Plotter.

Carlos
Carlos
IT in Panama
Internet, Selbstständig

PingPlotter Review

Helped diagnose intermittent network problem

none at the moment none at the moment ...

Homer
Retired in USA
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

Identification of Internet Problems

Kommentare: I was having an issue with the loss of the internet 6-10 times a day. Each time it was for almost exactly 5 minutes. Frontier Communications sent out techs, they checked the lines - all good. One tech stated in the report that the problem was with my equipment and charged me $300 for his 2 hrs of research (he never even came into my house). After playing around I realized that my modem/router gateway indicated .3 ms even when the internet was down. However, each time the internet went down (not a disconnect) total packet loss occurred at the second hop (Frontier Office 40 miles away - regularly 19.6 ms) and was cascaded down all hops to .8.8.8.8. So I knew that the second hop was the problem but Frontier techs will not accept my diagnosis. I asked them to test their router/port, but they said they couldn't because the office was 40 miles away. So I am pretty sure I know what the problem is now, but I can't figure how to get the information to this office. Times down today 2/7/2019 7:30 AM, 8:00 AM, 9:00 AM, 10:00 AM, 3:15 PM, 4:30 PM, 5:30 PM, 8:30 PM, 9:30 PM, Midnight. Now that doesn't look a wiring issue to me! But at lease I now where the problem lies. Couldn't have solved this problem without PingPlotter

The manner in which the software charted and stored my data for future reference.

The tutorials were good, but for someone who knows little about the internet and networking would find it very difficult to understand what the software is telling you. I would recommend a more detailed component of the tutorial about different events and describe what they are seeing and what that is telling you. I would also recommend that it be written someone that was not associated with the development of the software, but by someone that is selected to learn PingPlotter and write it from a beginner's perspective. A person who is too close to the software will leave out things because they don't realize that beginners don't know and understand what the Pro takes for granted.

Rick
automotive in USA
Automotive, Selbstständig

Ping plotting

Kommentare: My internet connection is a different style of connection; point to point. I live in the country and am limited in the ISP that are available. And I try to online game, which is and can be quite the pain with connection issues. I have been having a lot of packet loss issues and was dropping out of my games at times. With ping plotter I was able to convince them that there is a problem, and it's on their side. They have corrected a few things, with more haggling with them in the future. I intend on subscribing so I can continue monitoring any issues that may arise. Thanks ping plotter.

This app has drastically helped me find where my packet loss was coming from. And with the ability to prove to my ISP, to where the problem is or was. As with most ISPS's, it take almost a act of god to prove its on their end of the internet. They have performed repairs up the line, which has improved but its not perfect, and I am still having issues, and with ping plotter I can see where its coming from. So, as far as a aid in being a helpful tool or app, I'd say its been great! Considering to get the pro edition for personal use.

Like anything, takes a bit to utilize all the add on's for a complete use of the app, but that's pretty normal.

Aaron
Network Administrator in USA
Öl & Energie, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

PingPlotter

Kommentare: Great software. Keeps a live ping going while working on troubleshooting.

Easy to use and manipulate. Provides quick look into network tracking. Comes in handy to see where you are dropping connection.

There is not much on the Cons section of this software. We have used it for years and are very satisfied.

Zandre
Tier 2 Network Support Engineer in Südafrika
Telekommunikation, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Ping & Plot Investigations

Kommentare: When the root cause of packet loss on the network cannot be located via manual investigation, Ping Plotter can determine this via longer term monitoring.

It is sometimes difficult to determine the root cause of degradation within an ISP. With Ping Plotter you can accurately determine where it originates by locating the affected nodes between the network devices.

Not the most user friendly interface but understandable considering what we are using it for. Graph designs are a bit ugly to look at and sometimes agents do not want to share this with customers.

Nick
IT Consultant in USA
Computer-Vernetzung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

PingPlotter is the easiest way to distinguish if a network issue is happening in LAN or ISP

Kommentare: It clearly identified an intermittent packet drop pattern that was originating from a modem that went bad when our ISP's bs level 1 tech support was saying that it was probably our router or inside our network. I ran it from a PC connected directly to modem. Used the graphs to make my case to ISP. They replaced the modem, problem disappeared.

The history diagrams give you proof to bring to your ISP to show that your modem needs replaced or that they the issue is not on your end.

I don't like the licensing approach. I bought a full pro license on a PC at our office but I want to use it outside of our network as an IT consultant. It's a great tool but rarely needed so having to repurchase it to use at a different location is just not worth it.

Karthigeyan
Network Consultant in UK
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Used Ping Plotter Pro for the last 2 weeks, it was really good in getting the hop by hop latency

Kommentare: Hop by Hop latency with errors which helped to prove the issues with WAN and also to identify the issues in LAN nodes.

Hop by Hop latency with errors and also helped to get the historical data which is very useful to go back to ISP to highlight our WAN issues and it helped to identify the issues with particular nodes. Graphical representation is very good.

Intermittent high latency is not clearly visible when I see the report for long time duration like 12 hours or 2 hours., but it shows when I change the duration to 60 min or less. This should be looked into.

Dave
Systems Adminitsrator in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Great product, great service!

This product has been a staple in our environment to monitor trends to verify our customers experience is always as they expect. The network analysis and graph with logging is huge for us. Its also nice to still see some products that are a GUI instead of web interfaces.

no complaints from us. it does everything we ask at a great price.

Jonathan
Principal Consultant in USA
Computer-Vernetzung, Selbstständig

See your network response times in real time and over time

Kommentare: Network Latency, Loss, and Jitter

The ability to see what is happening in real time, in graphical form, is excellent, however even better, is being able to scroll back through history and see an hour, a day, or even a week at a time is phenomenal. being able to show definitive changes in performance after making a change to the network provides management the detail they need to know that they've made a good investment in the changes that have been implemented, as opposed to just saying, "it seems faster/better".

I'd like some more granularity between 1 hour and 12 hours (2 hours, 4 hours, 8 hours), but that's all I can think of at the moment.

Systems Architect in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

PingPlotter for Network Troubleshooting

Kommentare: PingPoltter helped to identify and locate the specific hops that were causing intermittent service interruptions and highy latency issues.

The product is easy to install and use. It is great for capturing traffic over long periods of time. It comes with a friendly graphical interface which makes it easy to find packet drops and connection failures. This made it easy to identify issues and submit the results to our internet provider for quick resolution.

I couldn't find any feature that was missing nor could I find anything that wasn't included in the product.

Guy
Manager/Retired Technician in USA
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

I used PingPlotter to diagnose the network problems I have been having with Spectrum/TWC

Kommentare: I was able to document the local node problems and the internet problems that I have been having with Spectrum/TWC. I had severe packet loss which they fixed on the local node and other problems which I traced to their headend node. Still resolving their inability to deliver the 100Mbps to my home office.

This package is exceptional for documenting packet loss/ping times and tracking down where the problems are with a large network such as Spectrum. It is easy to get up and running.

The learning curve to utilize its full power and documentation of where problems are is a bit long but keep in mind that solving multiple nodes and local node problems is a challenge. I have held a Commercial FCC GROL license for 40 years and worked with networking problems much of that time. I found that PingPlotter is an exceptional tool and quite intuitive to use.

Patrick
N/A in USA
Konsumgüter, Selbstständig

Great for diagnosing home network problems

Kommentare: Fantastic overall experience. I would recommend this product to anyone!

PingPlotter was very easy to use and intuitive for someone who is not overly familiar with networking. The instructions on the website were very detailed and helpful. The visualizations and graphs were particularly helpful! I was able to use this information to prove to my internet service provider that there were problems. Overall, this is a great tool!

None! This software works seamlessly and I can't think of any suggestions for improvement.

ARUN
Chief Technical Officer in Nigeria
Internet, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Essential Tool for an ISP

Trace graph and timeline graph are the fascinating aspects of the tool. The Tool provides ample information to isolate faults in a complex network. Its interface not only allows modification of different parameters but also provides vital real-time information on packet loss, latency and jitter at each node; thereby, it assists the network engineer to pinpoint issues.

Very difficult for me to comment here. All the features that I use were very useful.

MAARTEN
IT Manager in Ruanda
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good product to see where issues are

Kommentare: We have since some days very poor internet, while the speed from our router to internet looks like pretty good.
With Pingplotter we have seen that there are many packet losses and a very high latency at our provider.
Now we are in contact with our provider and we can show them where the issues is. Before the said it was our problem.
So it helps very much to have a good discussion with our ISP.

The possibility to see latency and packet loss in own network and outside at ISP

Documentation how it works is not easy to find

Scott
Strategy in Australien
Staatsverwaltung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Packet loss issues

Kommentare: It is the simplest software to identify and resolve any issues related to network problems

After experiencing video lag and problems on MS Teams and Zoom, PingPlotter allowed me to narrow down and identify the core issues that were causing the problems, and further investigate with the router manufacturer

It can be complex to know how to use if you do not first watch tutorials or be guided by someone who has experience

Karen
owner in Australien
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Ping plotter review

Kommentare: We have had a major problem with our NBN provider not believing us that it was their faulty product and not a result of our software/hardware having an intermittent fault, causing our phone lines to go down every 20 mins, it has helped prove without doubt that they have a fault.

Very simple to use . I have a basic understanding of what the software should do and I have no problems with the functionality of it.

I didn't have any negative comments regarding this software.