4,7 /5
    4,6 /5
    4,4 /5

Über PingPlotter

PingPlotter zeichnet die Netzwerkleistung auf, um Engpässe zu erkennen und umfasst Überwachungs-, Warn- und Anpassungsfunktionen.

Erfahre mehr über PingPlotter

Kevin L.
Principal
Versicherung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 4.2.2019

"Carrier issues validated"

Kommentare: We’ve been having service outages with our Commercial- Time Warner/ Spectrum Cable internet service for a few months. We’ve had five different technician visits over this time trying to resolve the same issue. With all of the visits we have replaced every piece of internal house cabling and external drop to the pole tap, and all the modem/ router/ switches. And at a serious cost! The last two visits were by senior technicians and they came with laptops to show us the health history of our account. We had be writing down the times and dates of the outages to help them pinpoint the problem. What we found is their sampling rate time frame is way broader than they were telling us. Meaning we could tell them the service was out for say an hour on this day/time, but they couldn’t see it on their tools dashboard. Looking forward to clearing up the intermittent outages problem. Many thanks!

Vorteile: Easy of install and use. It wasn’t until we installed Ping Plotter and took screen shots of those subsequent days for QOS proof did they start to get somewhat serious about the problem! Up till then it was a patch it and move on. patch it and move on mentality. Now that we have our own tool, we gain better QOS data.

Nachteile: Glad to report we did not find any issues with the software.

• Bewertet am 4.2.2019
Robert W.
Senior Product Development Scientist & QC Manager
Chemikalien, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 18.1.2019

"A simple to use tool that tells you the state of your Internet connections"

Kommentare: I got PingPlotter because I was having flaky Internet connections, and I couldn't figure out what the problem was. I could use Email and simple web surfing, but anything more than that was difficult at best and impossible at worst. Windows 10 Ping program wasn't very helpful. I went online looking for a better, free solution, and I saw many recommendations for PingPlotter. PingPlotter comes with a 15 day free trial of the Pro Version, and that turned out to be very helpful. By monitoring multiple targets continuously over several days, I found patterns in my Internet connection that helped me figure out, in consultation with my ISP where the problems were. I am now working towards a resolution of those problems. I highly recommend PingPlotter as a simple-to-use, helpful tool for diagnosing Internet connection problems.

Vorteile: Easy to download and install.
15 day free trial
Easy to use. It's almost intuitive, but where it isn't intuitive, the help files are actually helpful.
Provides helpful graphics that show the path my data is taking, how much packet loss is occurring, and where it is occurring.
In the Pro version, you can continuously ping and monitor multiple targets for hours.

Nachteile: The free trial comes to an end. :-(
The graphics would sometimes hang up when I was running continuous monitoring for hours, forcing me to reset and restart.

• Bewertet am 18.1.2019
Thatayaone M.
Director, Consulting Engineer
  • Bewertet am 30.10.2020

"PingPlotter Review"

Kommentare: I use this software when I do troubleshooting or network audit, and I pair it with Netformx DesignXpert when I do network audits for most of my clients. The graphs showing packets losses make it easier to explain to the management and easier for non-technical people to understand.

Vorteile: It is easy to install and setup
It doesn't take long to get it up and running
Latency monitoring which is very helpful to find out latency issues on the network
It performs traceroute
It is lightweight and it even runs perfectly on the laptop or pc

Nachteile: improvements can be done on the GUI for the software to look more professional
14 days trial which is a short period

• Bewertet am 30.10.2020
Rachel R.
Computer-Vernetzung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 12.2.2018

"Looking at the Pro version. The tool works very well, but limited in ability for its price."

Kommentare: Visibility of some network issues. I would purchase some licenses immediately if they were 1/5 of the price (which is where I would put a price on this software) however since the seat license is so high, I will look for other solutions.

Vorteile: Graphical representation of IP traceroutes and ping stats done at the same time.
The graphical information is clear and concise, with the ability to scroll through a timeline to some extent.
The software cleanly loads in Win10 without crashing.

Nachteile: Timeline information needs work as it's not intuitive to scroll through specific times/dates. There is no obvious way to look at a time period over 7 days and examine a 3 minute interval in detail for example. Pricewise;
I purchased a Fingbox which is a physical device which has a lot more ability than this software although the uses are different I feel the value for money for this software is not good!
The price of this software is way over priced for the pro version. There are no bulk purchase discounts at all so no incentive to purchase more than once license at a time.
The features the software offers is very small for what you would expect at the price.
There are many free tools out there which seem to do the same thing. Ultimately it won't take long for someone to write an equivalent at a sensible price. The trial period for the pro version should be longer. I didn't really get much time to spend on customisation. Take out the weekends and normal busy daily activities and there isn't really much time to spend on the testing it in 14 days.

• Bewertet am 12.2.2018
Chau C.
CIO
Essen & Trinken, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 6.11.2020

"Amazing Product! Everything I needed"

Kommentare: Overall, I enjoyed my experience and I know you will to. I only needed it for personal reasons in tracking packet loss and if you need something like this it's worth trying the 2 week free trial. Everything is very straight forward and someone whose a bit computer illiterate like me can still use the software well.

Vorteile: Able to track multiple addresses across different timelines
Easy to read and easy to navigate
I did not understand anything about tracking packet loss and the program itself along with PingPlotters guides on their website helped me succeed in escalating packet loss issues to my internet service provider.

Nachteile: There's nothing that I didn't like about the software. Definitely recommend it on all accords.

• Bewertet am 6.11.2020
Héctor A.
CEO / Lead Architect
  • Bewertet am 18.5.2020

"Awesome option to see the status of the network"

Kommentare: UI needs a refresh, But is a powerful tool to see your network status and if you're losing packaged you can start working on a fix before the network or services fall.

Vorteile: With PingPlotter we were able to monitor our networks connections status, both intranet and to the internet without issue, very useful to see when something fails and we have to fix it.

Nachteile: Kinda Pricy, UI can be improved it's kinda old compared to other solutions and sometimes hard to use, there are open source alternatives to do this work as well.

• Bewertet am 18.5.2020
Martin G.
Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 19.5.2020

"Resolved my issue"

Kommentare: My internet was going unstable every 10-20 minutes. My ZOOM calls would suddenly freeze up. My ISP provider went through the normal troubleshooting (reset the modem and router, connect directly to modem, etc.). They even got me to upgrade, which didn't help. When I downloaded pingplotter I was able to see in real-time what was happening. After emailing back and forth with my ISP provider, they finally asked me to hard reset my modem. That didn't 100% resolve the packet loss, but probably provided an improvement of about 90%. I'm satisfied.

Vorteile: It was very simple to use and helped me to track down the problem to my modem needing a hard reset.

Nachteile: Not being an expert, it would be difficult for me to criticize the program. It did what it needed to do; resolve my problem.

• Bewertet am 19.5.2020
Paul W.
Sport, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 8.9.2020

"PingPlotter to the Rescue!"

Kommentare: I was getting absolutely no where fast with Spectrum until I installed PingPlotter and began tracing routes, times, and packet loss. Armed with those data points, I was able to force Spectrum to admit that there was an issue with their network, and they have taken steps to fix them. Speeds are up, reliability is up, and problems are down.

Vorteile: PingPlotter gives me the ammunition I need to force my ISP into action when their system reports everything is fine with my service. Being able to speak with support engineers (two steps above the front-line CSRs who answer the phone) and share with them specific issues is a god sent gift.

Nachteile: To access much of the functionality of the product you need a paid version. But with diligence and liberal use of the Snip function, you can get by.

• Bewertet am 8.9.2020
Erick christian R.
CTO
  • Bewertet am 14.5.2020

"PingPlotter my best companion in Home Office"

Kommentare: I'm able a graphical view of connection on my servers.

Vorteile: The function that I like the most is the hability to see all my servers on a simple sight. I can see when a Server is getting connection problems or delays.

Nachteile: I don't like that the trial were only 14 days.

• Bewertet am 14.5.2020
Ian T.
Financial Planner
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 25.9.2020

"A fantastic tool to get your internet fixed"

Vorteile: Easy to use interface
Quick setup
Does exactly what it's designed to do
Finally got my ISP to start delving in and fix the underlying issues

Nachteile: I can't think of any negatives with this software. It was quick and easy to use.

• Bewertet am 25.9.2020
Homer C.
Retired
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 9.2.2019

"Identification of Internet Problems"

Kommentare: I was having an issue with the loss of the internet 6-10 times a day. Each time it was for almost exactly 5 minutes. Frontier Communications sent out techs, they checked the lines - all good. One tech stated in the report that the problem was with my equipment and charged me $300 for his 2 hrs of research (he never even came into my house). After playing around I realized that my modem/router gateway indicated .3 ms even when the internet was down. However, each time the internet went down (not a disconnect) total packet loss occurred at the second hop (Frontier Office 40 miles away - regularly 19.6 ms) and was cascaded down all hops to .8.8.8.8. So I knew that the second hop was the problem but Frontier techs will not accept my diagnosis. I asked them to test their router/port, but they said they couldn't because the office was 40 miles away. So I am pretty sure I know what the problem is now, but I can't figure how to get the information to this office. Times down today 2/7/2019 7:30 AM, 8:00 AM, 9:00 AM, 10:00 AM, 3:15 PM, 4:30 PM, 5:30 PM, 8:30 PM, 9:30 PM, Midnight. Now that doesn't look a wiring issue to me! But at lease I now where the problem lies. Couldn't have solved this problem without PingPlotter

Vorteile: The manner in which the software charted and stored my data for future reference.

Nachteile: The tutorials were good, but for someone who knows little about the internet and networking would find it very difficult to understand what the software is telling you. I would recommend a more detailed component of the tutorial about different events and describe what they are seeing and what that is telling you. I would also recommend that it be written someone that was not associated with the development of the software, but by someone that is selected to learn PingPlotter and write it from a beginner's perspective. A person who is too close to the software will leave out things because they don't realize that beginners don't know and understand what the Pro takes for granted.

• Bewertet am 9.2.2019
Theatre Arts & Video Gaming Scholar
Computer-Vernetzung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 8.11.2019

"PingPlotter is a great replacement for the tiresome ping command"

Kommentare: We use ping plotter when troubleshooting client networks. We use it quite a bit for basic ping and traceroute, but also for other issues - such as quality of service. By using PingPlotter, we are able to tweak hardware firewall rules to adjust throughput on network segments. We do this by adjusting rules while keeping notice of the latency visualization. For example, we have used PingPlotter to improve VOIP traffic by discovering unnecessary packet filtering.

Vorteile: The multi-connection capability of PingPlotter is definitely a strength. Combining ping with route information is also a key feature. Lastly, the visualization of data is much friendlier than just reading numbers. The strength of theses three together avoids the need for multiple command prompt windows to be open and also removes the guesswork out of keeping track of each.

Nachteile: The cost. It works very well, however, the cost (Professional Edition) is quite high.

• Bewertet am 8.11.2019
Shariff T.
IT Technician
  • Bewertet am 2.12.2017

"Great tool for troubleshooting connectivity"

Vorteile: Ping Plotter allows me to very simply verify connectivity. or i can watch my equipment be unreachable. A lot of the time i can watch a device go up and down over 24 hours (it can do more, but thats generally all i get to, and My company(ISP) has equipment outside of our network. when they are having issues ping plotter is my first go to program. I can tell if another ISP or passthrough is having issues. This at times prompts me to make a route change, while other times its a call to that ISP to start a ticket. Ping Plotter has saved us many hours of troubleshooting and also allows us to show another ISP that the issues is theirs.

Nachteile: No budget as of yet to buy a newer version, company is still evaluating if their is a need to update to a newer version

• Bewertet am 2.12.2017
Rick M.
automotive
Automotive, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 7.4.2019

"Ping plotting"

Kommentare: My internet connection is a different style of connection; point to point. I live in the country and am limited in the ISP that are available. And I try to online game, which is and can be quite the pain with connection issues. I have been having a lot of packet loss issues and was dropping out of my games at times. With ping plotter I was able to convince them that there is a problem, and it's on their side. They have corrected a few things, with more haggling with them in the future. I intend on subscribing so I can continue monitoring any issues that may arise. Thanks ping plotter.

Vorteile: This app has drastically helped me find where my packet loss was coming from. And with the ability to prove to my ISP, to where the problem is or was. As with most ISPS's, it take almost a act of god to prove its on their end of the internet. They have performed repairs up the line, which has improved but its not perfect, and I am still having issues, and with ping plotter I can see where its coming from. So, as far as a aid in being a helpful tool or app, I'd say its been great! Considering to get the pro edition for personal use.

Nachteile: Like anything, takes a bit to utilize all the add on's for a complete use of the app, but that's pretty normal.

• Bewertet am 7.4.2019
Lucas S.
System Analyst
  • Bewertet am 10.1.2018

"Ping plotter is easily one of the the most useful and polished tools I have ever used."

Vorteile: The network discovery tool is easily worth the price of entry and I have used this utility almost every day since I purchased it. No more guessing where that IP is being assigned or where that rouge DHCP address is coming from. Brilliant, well packaged, easy to use, I recommend to anyone that has ever had to TRACERT anything.

Nachteile: None that I can see, maybe the setup of some of the advanced features is a little convoluted. Great app.

• Bewertet am 10.1.2018
Aaron D.
Network Administrator
Öl & Energie, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 29.8.2019

"PingPlotter"

Kommentare: Great software. Keeps a live ping going while working on troubleshooting.

Vorteile: Easy to use and manipulate. Provides quick look into network tracking. Comes in handy to see where you are dropping connection.

Nachteile: There is not much on the Cons section of this software. We have used it for years and are very satisfied.

• Bewertet am 29.8.2019
Jonathan R.
Principal Consultant
Computer-Vernetzung, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 29.5.2020

"See your network response times in real time and over time"

Kommentare: Network Latency, Loss, and Jitter

Vorteile: The ability to see what is happening in real time, in graphical form, is excellent, however even better, is being able to scroll back through history and see an hour, a day, or even a week at a time is phenomenal. being able to show definitive changes in performance after making a change to the network provides management the detail they need to know that they've made a good investment in the changes that have been implemented, as opposed to just saying, "it seems faster/better".

Nachteile: I'd like some more granularity between 1 hour and 12 hours (2 hours, 4 hours, 8 hours), but that's all I can think of at the moment.

• Bewertet am 29.5.2020
Roberth C.
Senior Engineer Network and System
51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 1.1.2018

"Amazing tool to discover your network and detect issues"

Vorteile: Easy to use,
Interface is clean and you can see information clearly
Historical data is a treasure and you can use it to analyze with a lot of details

Nachteile: Honestly I don't find any problem with PingPlotter, just I can do a suggestion and it is include a option to send reports by mail with some frequency about specific target monitored.

• Bewertet am 1.1.2018
Joshua J.
Director of Engineering
Medizinische Geräte, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 5.9.2018

"PingPlotter does exactly what it's supposed to do"

Kommentare: We installed PingPlotter to help diagnose intermittent connectivity problems from geographically distributed lab sites to our AWS-hosted website. PingPlotter helped us demonstrate clearly and visually when there were problems. We chose it specifically for a capability not found in many similar lightweight tools in that it allows measuring connectivity to a specific TCP port whereas many programs only allows to measure regular ping, i.e. ICMP packets.

Vorteile: I liked that it has a service mode that can record data even when the GUI isn't running.

Nachteile: I wish the TCP configuration was automatic but it was quite simple once I read the directions.
I also wish it had a capability to visually display the traceroute on top of a world map.

• Bewertet am 5.9.2018
Server Administrator
Telekommunikation, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 16.4.2019

"Easy to use ping tracking software"

Kommentare: Able to track network issues that we did not know we were having before by seeing dropped packets we were unaware of

Vorteile: Able to track when pings where lost or have added latency via the logging the program does.

Nachteile: to be honest i cannot think of anything that i do not like about the software it pings and traces at the same time.

• Bewertet am 16.4.2019
Dennis J.
Rundfunkmedien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 29.2.2020

"Amazing tool for convincing your IP to fix their equipment!"

Kommentare: Very positive experience overall. Nice to absolutely know what is going on with networking issues rather than guess what might be causing a problem. Graphic representation is so much easier than plotting using a typical trace route program.

Vorteile: Program was very easy to set up and run. Great for seeing how many hops are between you and your destination as well as what may be causing issues. Graph was very revealing and my provider could not deny that there was a latency issue which returned daily at the same time every day and then went away at night. Armed with that information, it not only helped me to convince them to replace their router but improved their overall network performance as well.

Nachteile: Documentation could use some improvement, but figuring out how to use it by playing with it was fairly intuitive. Screen capture of the graph didn't work real well and was kind of clunky as well as difficult to see, but taking a photo with my phone camera worked well and was easy to send to my IP by text.

• Bewertet am 29.2.2020
David W.
  • Bewertet am 5.12.2017

"Great tool to help diagnose network issues"

Kommentare: I was able to effectively diagnose several connectivity issues and manage our network resources so that VOIP was not affected by other traffic.

Vorteile: I've been using PingPlotter Pro to help diagnose packet loss on our network which affects our VOIP calls. PingPlotter has been great allowing us to constantly monitor connectivity. I like that I can turn it on in the morning and go back to view a day's worth of performance, zoom in on certain time periods and add comments in real time to note what activity was occurring at that time. The knowledge base is also great to understand how the tool works and what issues to look for.

Nachteile: I wish there was a functionality to monitor not just pings, but also constant bandwidth useage. I also wish there were a way to assign device names on the network discovery tab.

• Bewertet am 5.12.2017
Nick R.
IT Consultant
Computer-Vernetzung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 31.10.2017

"PingPlotter is the easiest way to distinguish if a network issue is happening in LAN or ISP"

Kommentare: It clearly identified an intermittent packet drop pattern that was originating from a modem that went bad when our ISP's bs level 1 tech support was saying that it was probably our router or inside our network. I ran it from a PC connected directly to modem. Used the graphs to make my case to ISP. They replaced the modem, problem disappeared.

Vorteile: The history diagrams give you proof to bring to your ISP to show that your modem needs replaced or that they the issue is not on your end.

Nachteile: I don't like the licensing approach. I bought a full pro license on a PC at our office but I want to use it outside of our network as an IT consultant. It's a great tool but rarely needed so having to repurchase it to use at a different location is just not worth it.

• Bewertet am 31.10.2017
Karthigeyan B.
Network Consultant
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 8.5.2018

"Used Ping Plotter Pro for the last 2 weeks, it was really good in getting the hop by hop latency"

Kommentare: Hop by Hop latency with errors which helped to prove the issues with WAN and also to identify the issues in LAN nodes.

Vorteile: Hop by Hop latency with errors and also helped to get the historical data which is very useful to go back to ISP to highlight our WAN issues and it helped to identify the issues with particular nodes. Graphical representation is very good.

Nachteile: Intermittent high latency is not clearly visible when I see the report for long time duration like 12 hours or 2 hours., but it shows when I change the duration to 60 min or less. This should be looked into.

• Bewertet am 8.5.2018
Aryan Z.
IT Senior technician
  • Bewertet am 21.8.2019

"Excellent fault detection tool"

Kommentare: I use this to prove to my ISP that the fault lies within their network and pinpoint were their fault is. That way repair won't take weeks (ISP not doing anything).
I can adjust a few parameters so the measurement results show if measurement falls within or outside specifications.

Vorteile: The statistics over longer period (min 10 min). The Packet loss %. Latency and of course Jitter.

Nachteile: It only runs on Windows and NO OTHER OS...

• Bewertet am 21.8.2019