PingPlotter

Bewertet am 4.2.2019
Kevin L.
Principal
Versicherung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We’ve been having service outages with our Commercial- Time Warner/ Spectrum Cable internet service for a few months. We’ve had five different technician visits over this time trying to resolve the same issue. With all of the visits we have replaced every piece of internal house cabling and external drop to the pole tap, and all the modem/ router/ switches. And at a serious cost! The last two visits were by senior technicians and they came with laptops to show us the health history of our account. We had be writing down the times and dates of the outages to help them pinpoint the problem. What we found is their sampling rate time frame is way broader than they were telling us. Meaning we could tell them the service was out for say an hour on this day/time, but they couldn’t see it on their tools dashboard. Looking forward to clearing up the intermittent outages problem. Many thanks!

Vorteile: Easy of install and use. It wasn’t until we installed Ping Plotter and took screen shots of those subsequent days for QOS proof did they start to get somewhat serious about the problem! Up till then it was a patch it and move on. patch it and move on mentality. Now that we have our own tool, we gain better QOS data.

Nachteile: Glad to report we did not find any issues with the software.

A simple to use tool that tells you the state of your Internet connections

Bewertet am 18.1.2019
Robert W.
Senior Product Development Scientist & QC Manager
Chemikalien, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I got PingPlotter because I was having flaky Internet connections, and I couldn't figure out what the problem was. I could use Email and simple web surfing, but anything more than that was difficult at best and impossible at worst. Windows 10 Ping program wasn't very helpful. I went online looking for a better, free solution, and I saw many recommendations for PingPlotter. PingPlotter comes with a 15 day free trial of the Pro Version, and that turned out to be very helpful. By monitoring multiple targets continuously over several days, I found patterns in my Internet connection that helped me figure out, in consultation with my ISP where the problems were. I am now working towards a resolution of those problems. I highly recommend PingPlotter as a simple-to-use, helpful tool for diagnosing Internet connection problems.

Vorteile: Easy to download and install.
15 day free trial
Easy to use. It's almost intuitive, but where it isn't intuitive, the help files are actually helpful.
Provides helpful graphics that show the path my data is taking, how much packet loss is occurring, and where it is occurring.
In the Pro version, you can continuously ping and monitor multiple targets for hours.

Nachteile: The free trial comes to an end. :-(
The graphics would sometimes hang up when I was running continuous monitoring for hours, forcing me to reset and restart.

Trial for technical issues

Bewertet am 2.1.2020
Kay G.
ICT Business Partner
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My internet keeps dropping out or is slow but when my service provider tests they say it is ok. I have just switched to NBN and it should be better but I get the circle of death more often now than I did with my ADSL2 line. The service provider suggested I use this software to see if we can really find out what is happening with my service but as I have to monitor often during the day and I only have very few days I can do this my trial expired before I really had a chance to monitor properly. I am hoping this will show what is really going on.

Vorteile: I have only managed to use this a couple of times but it seems easy to use and I am hoping it will solve my internet issues with my Service Provider. They are the ones who sent me this link to try but I need longer and to test it more often to see if we can get to the real issue.

Nachteile: I am not really sure what everything means.

PingPlotter is a great replacement for the tiresome ping command

Bewertet am 8.11.2019
Theatre Arts & Video Gaming Scholar
Computer-Vernetzung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use ping plotter when troubleshooting client networks. We use it quite a bit for basic ping and traceroute, but also for other issues - such as quality of service. By using PingPlotter, we are able to tweak hardware firewall rules to adjust throughput on network segments. We do this by adjusting rules while keeping notice of the latency visualization. For example, we have used PingPlotter to improve VOIP traffic by discovering unnecessary packet filtering.

Vorteile: The multi-connection capability of PingPlotter is definitely a strength. Combining ping with route information is also a key feature. Lastly, the visualization of data is much friendlier than just reading numbers. The strength of theses three together avoids the need for multiple command prompt windows to be open and also removes the guesswork out of keeping track of each.

Nachteile: The cost. It works very well, however, the cost (Professional Edition) is quite high.

Looking at the Pro version. The tool works very well, but limited in ability for its price.

Bewertet am 12.2.2018
Rachel R.
Computer-Vernetzung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Visibility of some network issues. I would purchase some licenses immediately if they were 1/5 of the price (which is where I would put a price on this software) however since the seat license is so high, I will look for other solutions.

Vorteile: Graphical representation of IP traceroutes and ping stats done at the same time.
The graphical information is clear and concise, with the ability to scroll through a timeline to some extent.
The software cleanly loads in Win10 without crashing.

Nachteile: Timeline information needs work as it's not intuitive to scroll through specific times/dates. There is no obvious way to look at a time period over 7 days and examine a 3 minute interval in detail for example. Pricewise;
I purchased a Fingbox which is a physical device which has a lot more ability than this software although the uses are different I feel the value for money for this software is not good!
The price of this software is way over priced for the pro version. There are no bulk purchase discounts at all so no incentive to purchase more than once license at a time.
The features the software offers is very small for what you would expect at the price.
There are many free tools out there which seem to do the same thing. Ultimately it won't take long for someone to write an equivalent at a sensible price. The trial period for the pro version should be longer. I didn't really get much time to spend on customisation. Take out the weekends and normal busy daily activities and there isn't really much time to spend on the testing it in 14 days.

Ping plotting

Bewertet am 7.4.2019
Rick M.
automotive
Automotive, Selbstständig

Kommentare: My internet connection is a different style of connection; point to point. I live in the country and am limited in the ISP that are available. And I try to online game, which is and can be quite the pain with connection issues. I have been having a lot of packet loss issues and was dropping out of my games at times. With ping plotter I was able to convince them that there is a problem, and it's on their side. They have corrected a few things, with more haggling with them in the future. I intend on subscribing so I can continue monitoring any issues that may arise. Thanks ping plotter.

Vorteile: This app has drastically helped me find where my packet loss was coming from. And with the ability to prove to my ISP, to where the problem is or was. As with most ISPS's, it take almost a act of god to prove its on their end of the internet. They have performed repairs up the line, which has improved but its not perfect, and I am still having issues, and with ping plotter I can see where its coming from. So, as far as a aid in being a helpful tool or app, I'd say its been great! Considering to get the pro edition for personal use.

Nachteile: Like anything, takes a bit to utilize all the add on's for a complete use of the app, but that's pretty normal.

Ping plotter review

Bewertet am 23.10.2019
Karen M.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have had a major problem with our NBN provider not believing us that it was their faulty product and not a result of our software/hardware having an intermittent fault, causing our phone lines to go down every 20 mins, it has helped prove without doubt that they have a fault.

Vorteile: Very simple to use . I have a basic understanding of what the software should do and I have no problems with the functionality of it.

Nachteile: I didn't have any negative comments regarding this software.

Pingplotter - A great tool to to visualize datagram transfer

Bewertet am 20.11.2019
Gowri pandian S.
Student
Computer-Vernetzung, Selbstständig

Vorteile: Ping plotter is a great tool for the students as it shows the packet transfer. It also gives the flexibility to change the packet size from the default size of 56 bytes to any desired size. This let's us learn the concept of fragmentation. The pro version of ping plotter also has an option to show the routers that the datagrams pass through during a traceroute while a naive windows tracert utility shows only two router between the source and target destination

Nachteile: This is a very good tool however the user interface could have been much better by adding usage tips. This will be very much useful for the newbies of ping plotter

Helpful to diagnose speed

Bewertet am 2.12.2019
William S.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I signed up for high speed internet. I was supposed to get 300 Mbps but was only getting 85 to 100. Every time the internet company ran their diagnoses they said that everything was fine from their end. I had our company tech support person spend over 3 hours on the phone with the provider but they were unable to solve the problem. They finally suggested Ping Plotter so they could do an analysis. I ran Ping Plotter for over 48 hours and then sent them the link and they could see exactly where the slow down happened. I have to run it a second time now with a direct connection instead of through the wireless router to insure that the brand new router is not the probelm.

Vorteile: Ping Plotter helped the internet provider diagnose what was wrong with my speed.

Nachteile: The cost is prohibitive for a one time diagnosis.

Great Tool to Use for finding and hopefully fix Network Anomalies

Bewertet am 20.12.2019
Unternehmensberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The use of this software helped me substantiate some issues I was suspecting. It also allowed me to pinpoint where our network was not living up to expectations.

Vorteile: The software is easy to use. It allows me to ferret out network gremlins that come with implementing new network hardware.

Nachteile: I would like to see some comparative information in the package to help me interpret the results I see.

Identification of Internet Problems

Bewertet am 9.2.2019
Homer C.
Retired
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I was having an issue with the loss of the internet 6-10 times a day. Each time it was for almost exactly 5 minutes. Frontier Communications sent out techs, they checked the lines - all good. One tech stated in the report that the problem was with my equipment and charged me $300 for his 2 hrs of research (he never even came into my house). After playing around I realized that my modem/router gateway indicated .3 ms even when the internet was down. However, each time the internet went down (not a disconnect) total packet loss occurred at the second hop (Frontier Office 40 miles away - regularly 19.6 ms) and was cascaded down all hops to .8.8.8.8. So I knew that the second hop was the problem but Frontier techs will not accept my diagnosis. I asked them to test their router/port, but they said they couldn't because the office was 40 miles away. So I am pretty sure I know what the problem is now, but I can't figure how to get the information to this office. Times down today 2/7/2019 7:30 AM, 8:00 AM, 9:00 AM, 10:00 AM, 3:15 PM, 4:30 PM, 5:30 PM, 8:30 PM, 9:30 PM, Midnight. Now that doesn't look a wiring issue to me! But at lease I now where the problem lies. Couldn't have solved this problem without PingPlotter

Vorteile: The manner in which the software charted and stored my data for future reference.

Nachteile: The tutorials were good, but for someone who knows little about the internet and networking would find it very difficult to understand what the software is telling you. I would recommend a more detailed component of the tutorial about different events and describe what they are seeing and what that is telling you. I would also recommend that it be written someone that was not associated with the development of the software, but by someone that is selected to learn PingPlotter and write it from a beginner's perspective. A person who is too close to the software will leave out things because they don't realize that beginners don't know and understand what the Pro takes for granted.

Great tool for troubleshooting connectivity

Bewertet am 2.12.2017
Shariff T.
IT Technician

Vorteile: Ping Plotter allows me to very simply verify connectivity. or i can watch my equipment be unreachable. A lot of the time i can watch a device go up and down over 24 hours (it can do more, but thats generally all i get to, and My company(ISP) has equipment outside of our network. when they are having issues ping plotter is my first go to program. I can tell if another ISP or passthrough is having issues. This at times prompts me to make a route change, while other times its a call to that ISP to start a ticket. Ping Plotter has saved us many hours of troubleshooting and also allows us to show another ISP that the issues is theirs.

Nachteile: No budget as of yet to buy a newer version, company is still evaluating if their is a need to update to a newer version

Ping plotter is easily one of the the most useful and polished tools I have ever used.

Bewertet am 10.1.2018
Lucas S.
System Analyst

Vorteile: The network discovery tool is easily worth the price of entry and I have used this utility almost every day since I purchased it. No more guessing where that IP is being assigned or where that rouge DHCP address is coming from. Brilliant, well packaged, easy to use, I recommend to anyone that has ever had to TRACERT anything.

Nachteile: None that I can see, maybe the setup of some of the advanced features is a little convoluted. Great app.

PingPlotter

Bewertet am 29.8.2019
Aaron D.
Network Administrator
Öl & Energie, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great software. Keeps a live ping going while working on troubleshooting.

Vorteile: Easy to use and manipulate. Provides quick look into network tracking. Comes in handy to see where you are dropping connection.

Nachteile: There is not much on the Cons section of this software. We have used it for years and are very satisfied.

Amazing tool to discover your network and detect issues

Bewertet am 1.1.2018
Roberth C.
Senior Engineer Network and System
51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Easy to use,
Interface is clean and you can see information clearly
Historical data is a treasure and you can use it to analyze with a lot of details

Nachteile: Honestly I don't find any problem with PingPlotter, just I can do a suggestion and it is include a option to send reports by mail with some frequency about specific target monitored.

PingPlotter does exactly what it's supposed to do

Bewertet am 5.9.2018
Joshua J.
Director of Engineering
Medizinische Geräte, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We installed PingPlotter to help diagnose intermittent connectivity problems from geographically distributed lab sites to our AWS-hosted website. PingPlotter helped us demonstrate clearly and visually when there were problems. We chose it specifically for a capability not found in many similar lightweight tools in that it allows measuring connectivity to a specific TCP port whereas many programs only allows to measure regular ping, i.e. ICMP packets.

Vorteile: I liked that it has a service mode that can record data even when the GUI isn't running.

Nachteile: I wish the TCP configuration was automatic but it was quite simple once I read the directions.
I also wish it had a capability to visually display the traceroute on top of a world map.

Easy to use ping tracking software

Bewertet am 16.4.2019
Server Administrator
Telekommunikation, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Able to track network issues that we did not know we were having before by seeing dropped packets we were unaware of

Vorteile: Able to track when pings where lost or have added latency via the logging the program does.

Nachteile: to be honest i cannot think of anything that i do not like about the software it pings and traces at the same time.

Great tool to help diagnose network issues

Bewertet am 5.12.2017
David W.

Kommentare: I was able to effectively diagnose several connectivity issues and manage our network resources so that VOIP was not affected by other traffic.

Vorteile: I've been using PingPlotter Pro to help diagnose packet loss on our network which affects our VOIP calls. PingPlotter has been great allowing us to constantly monitor connectivity. I like that I can turn it on in the morning and go back to view a day's worth of performance, zoom in on certain time periods and add comments in real time to note what activity was occurring at that time. The knowledge base is also great to understand how the tool works and what issues to look for.

Nachteile: I wish there was a functionality to monitor not just pings, but also constant bandwidth useage. I also wish there were a way to assign device names on the network discovery tab.

PingPlotter is the easiest way to distinguish if a network issue is happening in LAN or ISP

Bewertet am 31.10.2017
Nick R.
IT Consultant
Computer-Vernetzung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It clearly identified an intermittent packet drop pattern that was originating from a modem that went bad when our ISP's bs level 1 tech support was saying that it was probably our router or inside our network. I ran it from a PC connected directly to modem. Used the graphs to make my case to ISP. They replaced the modem, problem disappeared.

Vorteile: The history diagrams give you proof to bring to your ISP to show that your modem needs replaced or that they the issue is not on your end.

Nachteile: I don't like the licensing approach. I bought a full pro license on a PC at our office but I want to use it outside of our network as an IT consultant. It's a great tool but rarely needed so having to repurchase it to use at a different location is just not worth it.

Used Ping Plotter Pro for the last 2 weeks, it was really good in getting the hop by hop latency

Bewertet am 8.5.2018
Karthigeyan B.
Network Consultant
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Hop by Hop latency with errors which helped to prove the issues with WAN and also to identify the issues in LAN nodes.

Vorteile: Hop by Hop latency with errors and also helped to get the historical data which is very useful to go back to ISP to highlight our WAN issues and it helped to identify the issues with particular nodes. Graphical representation is very good.

Nachteile: Intermittent high latency is not clearly visible when I see the report for long time duration like 12 hours or 2 hours., but it shows when I change the duration to 60 min or less. This should be looked into.

Excellent fault detection tool

Bewertet am 21.8.2019
Aryan Z.
IT Senior technician

Kommentare: I use this to prove to my ISP that the fault lies within their network and pinpoint were their fault is. That way repair won't take weeks (ISP not doing anything).
I can adjust a few parameters so the measurement results show if measurement falls within or outside specifications.

Vorteile: The statistics over longer period (min 10 min). The Packet loss %. Latency and of course Jitter.

Nachteile: It only runs on Windows and NO OTHER OS...

Ping plotter is a fantastic tool giving you a an excellent view of your Internet connection

Bewertet am 17.10.2017
Ingemar E.
Eng

Kommentare: OI can tell my Internet suplier how my Internet is working

Vorteile: We are a church. When viewing streaming videos from the Internet, very often we have interrupts (lags) for some seconds or up to one minute, often in periods. We have a cable ADSL connection. Our Internet supplier Bahnhof asked us to find out if the problem is on our site. They proposed to use Pingplotter.
In 14 days we now have used Pingplotter. It is a very nice tool which really shows when Internet become slow and do not response. We see a lot of red stacks for some periods, which we can present to Bahnhof.

Nachteile: When finished a test period you want to to scroll the time axis. I have not found any way to do it automaticly. I did it manualy with the mouse.

AWESOME TOOL

Bewertet am 28.9.2018
Ruben U.
Wireless Technician
Telekommunikation, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This software has helped me deploy and implament a MDU Wi-FI deployment using multiple devices and technologies to provide a flawless handoff and data transfer on an enormous property

Vorteile: Easy and intuitive GUI. The option to ping and trace multiple targets at once is a cool and useful feature.
Availability to see history and trends at particular times of days.
Trace route feature is also useful for tracking network routing issues when roaming thru MDU deployments

Nachteile: The price is steep, bur aside from that no complaints.

Your ISP can not trick you with PingPlotter :)

Bewertet am 5.3.2019
Juan A.
Support

Kommentare: I live in latin america, and most of the internet service providers still doesn't have fiber channels for all clients, so, when someone uses internet for non buffering content ( can i say Netflix? ), for example gaming, the packet loss becomes a serious problem if the connection quality is bad. The client calls the ISP, and all they do is check internet speed ( not the problem ), but with PingPlotter you can show the eternal problem to a support technician or check the internal LAN in minutes.

Vorteile: Ability to show packet loss problems
Easy of use, even for non technical users

Nachteile: At the moment the software has everything i needed basic network troubleshooting use.

An excellent network problem resolver with the ease of use.

Bewertet am 1.8.2018
Laura C.
IT Specialist

Vorteile: I have been using PingPlotter for analyzing network issues. It lets the user recognize the sources of pocket losses and provides us best solutions to get rid of that problem. One of the most interesting thing it is supportive for tracing internet problems & using as proof to ISP. Very easy to use, works perfectly and It lets us install it on several devices.

Nachteile: Having a great experience with this software. I could not find any complaint. It is a powerful troubleshooting & monitoring featured software. It is very easy to use its all functions.