This platform does a very good job handling all the essential tasks any Rotary club would need.

Bewertet am 13.6.2017
Roger B.
District Website Admin & Club Website Admin.
Verlagswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: As a district website administrator, I appreciate the flexibility the design function allows me to customize the home page to reflect the personality and message of the District Governor. I can fairly easily change the page as DG terms change.
As a club website administrator, I can easily update the content as new events and promotions come to the fore.
As a club secretary, I can get on top of the administrative tasks that can't be allowed to fall behind.

Vorteile: ClubRunner can handle many of the essential day-to-day tasks that Rotary clubs need to accomplish but it's greatest value is less obvious: it offers continuity of management in an environment where the management team can change from year to year.
That said, it's strengths include:
+ An Attendance Module that takes minutes to update but offers useful reports on individuals as well as overall club performance.
+ Membership records include a wealth of information
+ Email communication to club membership, custom lists, officers and committee members are easy to set up and send
+ Committee Management Module takes the committee experience to the next level.
+ Excellent support team and pretty good documentation

Nachteile: Any platform that is designed to be used by both beginners and experienced users will never make everyone happy. They tend to include compromises and limits.
A few of the negatives include:
+Volunteers Module is not intuitive to set up
+ Newsletter/Bulletin Module is hard grasp. It may be trying to do too much.
+ Custom Reports are still a mystery to me.
+ It needs an image editing component that will allow users to easily add captions to photos.

Invaluable if you need to maintain member database!

Bewertet am 30.1.2017
Kathy N.
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Have been secretary of our club for years, actually dating back to when some people didn't have email!
Features I use frequently:
MEMBER DATABASE is so great! Easy to use and members can update their own data! I can run reports with ease, particularly the annual ones for member data such as average member age, honorary, attendance exempt, etc. I can also send out an invitation to members to request them to review and update their own profiles, either global invitation or just to specific members.
Members no longer call me to ask for another member's contact info! They look it up themselves! (THIS is worth the money alone!)
EVENTS: Create your event, invite everyone, they respond and you print out your attendance list for ordering supplies/seats. Of course this only works well when members respond but Clubrunner makes it easy to send repeat invitations to members to virtually beat them about the heads and shoulders. You can also choose member types such as 'only send to non responders.' No sense haranguing the people who have already responded!
FRIEND LIST: How many times have you heard from a spouse, "I just found out about this event yesterday"? Any interested spouses can be added to a 'friends' list and you can also include them when you send out interesting emails. Also include people like your ADG and DG, for Really Important Events that you would like to invite them to.
EMAIL: So easy to use the email communication that several committee members of the Club have sent emails out on their own, without instruction! Easy to select 'recipients' for some or all. Sometimes I email through Clubrunner, and other times I....
DOWNLOAD MEMBER DATA: I LOVE this feature. I have a presaved report for generating email addresses and then I sometimes email from my personal account. I have also used this feature to calculate most recent members, longest members, sponsor lists, classification lists, etc. By downloading into excel, you can sort the data any way you need!
BIRTHDAY/ANNIVERSARY: You can run reports to help to recognize member birthdays and club anniversaries.
RI Integration! YAY! No separate data entry!
This software is very powerful and yet fairly simple to use. If I become stymied, I submit a 'support ticket' and receive a response within 18-30 hours. One time that I submitted a security issue, they corrected their software that same day! I have been thrilled to use this software to help us keep our club organized.

Vorteile: Stated above

Nachteile: Occasionally what I am trying to do is not clearly found.
Wish the member dues billing section was more flexible.

Long time member has used ClubRunner for years at both the club and district levels.

Tom S.
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've been a Rotarian since 1984. I've been involved both at the club and district level as we began to upgrade to a common computerized service function. Our district chose ClubRunner, and I've been involved with it since 2007. I am well familiar with club independent websites and their inability to keep up with changing technologies and their uselessness once key members left the club. Pre-ClubRunner efforts gave me less than desirable on-line experiences. ClubRunner changed all this. It took some time to learn the system, but I'm pleased that they have continued to upgrade their service, expand their service, and provide a variety of training tools to learn how to use the system. I was one of the system administrators in my district, and I found it easy to find and use the different tools available dealing with many of the aspects of the system. As an officer of my club, I found it easy to service the functions I needed there. I ran into occasional snags along the way, but they were usually cleared up quickly. Generally, I am very pleased with ClubRunner. I'm glad all the clubs in my district use it too. I don't use it on a daily basis like I have in the past, but I'm pleased to still see additions to service over time, and efforts being made to make the system more user friendly and more useful. Thanks.

Vorteile: I used the email system many times at the district level, along with finding and serving member info among the clubs in the district. I liked the district officer chart and the services that spun off that. I really like the document vault at the club level. We used to hold massive amounts in a cloud account, which is largely lost now for a variety of issues. Using ClubRunner to perform most of these functions electronically; and we used to store from paper records that were hard to retrieve -- all of this is good.

Nachteile: It took many of us a while to: 1) switch to computer data entry; and 2) grow comfortable with paying money for a service we never used before. It took a mind shift, and a step back to survey what the advantages might be. The advantages were not clear when we first got started using a paid computer service. It wasn't until I was club president in 2007-08 to see what a sorry lack of information existed between my club, our district and our International headquarters -- and our club was just down the street from the International headquarters.

A terrific tool !

Bewertet am 25.4.2017
Linda F.
Retired
Forschung

Kommentare: We have been with Clubrunner since 2010 in its early days with Rotary clubs. The Clubrunner team has been incredibly responsive to Rotary clubs worldwide to adapt their software to meet our needs. We have seen a tremendous enhancement in the software over the years. Two of us began working with the product with little to no experience and have, with the new software, been able to develop a professional looking website that is interesting and engaging to those both within the Rotary community but also to those outside of Rotary. What a great marketing tool for clubs. We find the online tutorials are very helpful especially for new members learning how the site works. Keep up the great work!.

Vorteile: How easy it makes clubs look like they are great at web design. The availability of images and tools that are common in Rotary worldwide.

Nachteile: There is so much to learn about ClubRunner that as a volunteer you feel sometimes that you have simply touched the tip of the iceberg of its capacity. But the flip side is you can get something posted with relative ease with little understanding of how you did it ;-)

ClubRunner-Every Club Should have One!

David H.
Retired
Finanzdienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have now been using ClubRunner at Club and District level for four years and rate it as well above average. It is a very good, cost effective, software designed with a clear understanding of Rotary and capable of application world wide. For the beginner and regular users help is never very far away (videos, FAQ's etc and an outstanding Customer service team). If it's used properly, ClubRunner can streamline Club and District administration and eliminate double handling through the ability to seamlessly integrate with My Rotary (rotary.org). My own experience (and that of others) is that it takes a while to get comfortable with the software and to understand how powerful and far reaching it is. But I think that this is mostly due to a lack of exposure to computing rather than a high degree of difficulty in using the software. Of course there's always room for improvement especially with the Event management, eCommerce and Meeting Responsibilities modules, but my impression is that the creators are well aware of and accept this reality and are committed to constant improvement. Every Club should have one!

Vorteile: Well designed, well targeted, cost effective, world wide application and integrated with rotary.org.

Nachteile: Event management, eCommerce and Meeting Responsibility modules let the software down

The Foundation to Effective Club and District Success

David G.
District Governor-elect
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I first used ClubRunner in 2012-13 as incoming president of my club. It allowed me to build a member database, communicate more effectively and tell the Rotary story. In the next few years, I helped 30 clubs migrate to ClubRunner in our district. The ability to manage membership, communications and integration with clubs and RI has made an incredible difference in just a few short years. As we support our clubs in utilizing technology to forward the Rotary mission, ClubRunner will be the foundation of our strategy.

Vorteile: The ability to communicate with members, either individually or in total, about everything that members, clubs and leadership is doing in Service Above Self. It is getting easier and faster to deploy and the tech support department is one of the best I have ever dealt with in my career, both inside and outside of Rotary.

Nachteile: Lack of image editing, sharing stories and events between clubs and the district with some form of a widget, lack of a blog or discussion group function.

Our Rotary group has used ClubRunner for the past three years and I serve as the club webmaster.

Bewertet am 20.12.2017
Lon D.
Assistant Dean
Bildungsmanagement, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is a management system with design capabilities so all I have to do is click on the appropriate buttons and things happen for me. In addition, it keeps up-to-date with latest trends in design and functionality so I don't have to.

Vorteile: For the average user ClubRunner is a very user-friendly management system in most regards. It is easy to log into and then easy to find the membership area, which our members use most often. In addition, activities like updating a Profile or sending an email are quite simple to do for even the most technologically challenged individuals in the club. From a webmaster's perspective, I have found it very easy (mostly) to update the website, including things like adding new widgets to the Home Page or changing the layout and look of the site as well as changing the Home Page banner and logos. In addition, it is rather simple to create photo albums and add photos to them and build in stories and/or newsletters. All in all a very user-friendly program.

Nachteile: There are times when the system doesn't do what you expect it to do. For example, removing photo albums from the Home Page is not very intuitive and sometimes doesn't seem to work. And if you only change the overall look once a year, it can be challenging to "remember" how to do it. Once into the Designer it gets much easier.

Tremendous platform for all concerned!

Cheryl W.
Marketing Consultant
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Our Club partnered with the District to go online first with ClubRunner over 6 1/2 years ago. Version 3.0 was much needed and the programmers did a good job with its release! The platform is user friendly for EVERYONE. The absoultely amazing support staff is always friendly, helpful, good listeners (even when you are having a bad day totally unrelated to technology!) and open to new ideas for the system. When talking to Clubs to get them to go onboard with ClubRunner, I refer to the staff as our ClubRunner GURU Team! They help from the most basic issues to the most complex matters. They have helped me with tools to teach our clubs in the field, at Assemblies, etc. to get them started and keep the District as a whole moving forward with the platform.

Vorteile: User friendly. Always progressing.

Nachteile: Sometimes you find things through trial and error that is not in any training or brochure . . . but that is true with any software.

Excellent Product, A Little Klugy

Susan P.
President Elect
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use Clubrunner extensively (website maintenance, communication, contacts database, events and more). I wish the Contacts database was more robust: a comments area, source option (other than a member referral), etc. Uploading photos is also sometimes a bit awkward. But the integration with the district and RI is great and for someone with ZERO web design ability or experience I was able to put together a very nice looking and functioning page.

Vorteile: District & RI integration, Email system, Events system

Nachteile: The admin page and tabs - it's confusing and I use it ALL the time. Also the Contacts module needs be be more robust (source options other than member names, comments field, etc). Also, the old "Friends" list was supposed to be rolled into the new friends in the Contacts module. When will that happen? I REALLY don't want to have to re-enter those names!

Clubrunner is essential

Peter K.
Training Manager
Forschung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Being secretary for 2 years I have used club runner constantly over that time.

I love the way it can store all the club documents and make them available to club members and also public if required. The front page is simple in design and easy to manage which aids in the promotion of the club.
It also aids the management of all of the other club activities. Membership data, billing, attendance, email, events with easy to manage security. Managing club positions is also very handy. Our club would be lost without it. I recommend it to all Rotary Clubs and feel that it is almost a mandatory requirement. Go get it

Vorteile: Storage of files and its web presence. Also the ability to use it to manage all aspects of the club activities

Nachteile: The limitations of distribution lists for email/

ClubRunner Service gets a 10

Bewertet am 21.6.2016
Ron j D.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Having used ClubRunner for almost 10 years as a Rotarion it wasn`t until recently that I asked the District support team some questions about communicating a newer program to our District Clubs. I not only got a quick reply, I received suggestions on how to proceed. The collaboration between myself and staff was excellent. The result was a revision to the program that will help all Rotary Districts.

Vorteile: The flexibility of moving around the whole program through the tabs environment. Having a lot of the information in video format available on Youtube rather than going through the help section makes things quick and easy to research.

Nachteile: Learning how to move around the tabs environment.

I have enjoyed seeing and using the improvements to ClubRunner (District Site.

Bewertet am 13.6.2017
Diane C.
District Executive Secretary

Kommentare: Ability to communicate with the District and update the Website. The improvements to the ClubRunner Website and ability to customize are excellent.

Vorteile: District features are easy to use. Reports are easy to generate. Communication module is effective and there are many other useful features.

Nachteile: There are a few minor changes that could be made to MyEventRunner, such as ease of report generation and name tag prep. Instruction Manual could be more detailed. ClubRunner: Generating Directories needs some work - the Directory is not available until the day after it is requested, and some of them do not contain the information shown on the Directory page.

Excellent! Continually improving the platform and willing to apply ideas from users.

Bewertet am 1.6.2015
Cheryl W.

Kommentare: The first two versions were clunky. There are still a few areas that need improvement and our service tech constantly listens to ideas - he put in a suggestion just today I made regarding the photo albums on site pages. It's the little things that go a long way. We had a few problems when you changed the email platform - it was a major issue and is now partially corrected but we are still monitoring the issues with the tech. The staff is a real asset - they are easy to work with and accommodating, well versed and friendly! I like the advancements you are making - we plan to upload our own CSS code in the near future. This will give us much more flexibility and get us out of the "boxy/cluttered" look the site has using the templates. Continually improving is a huge asset. If the site elements do not move forward the site becomes stagnate very quickly . The integration with RI is wonderful. The fact that you are Rotarian's and give back part of the profits to the RI Foundation is a real plus for us - we like to do business with other Rotarian's and those who are contributors to our causes. Thank you for this! Again, I cannot say enough good things about the staff. Wonderful people and have kept us loyal as a result of their great customer service. Eli ROCKS!! I would suggest you have an emergency number on weekends/evenings we could call. Even if it goes into voicemail and alerts a tech - they can all back within 15 minutes to let us know if the problem can be addressed during off hours. Most people working on the sites are volunteers and do so at night and on weekends. Also - our events are generally nights and weekends too and we have had issues where we needed to identify if the problem was with ClubRunner or the facility. Reaching a person 24/7 is standard in the tech world these days. Love your platform and your people!

A Rotary Club essential

Dianne P.
Secretary
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: 10+ year subscriber/user - could not/would not be Secretary without this essential tool. The time it saves by handling the club admin stuff can then be more productively used for doing good in the community & around the world.

Vorteile: Relatively bug-free; constantly being upgraded & enhanced; easily & quickly accessible/friendly/responsive sales & technical support. Plus they KNOW exactly what a Rotary club needs - and it delivers!

Nachteile: Can't think of anything I dislike per se....have a"wish list" of course!

Love My Clubrunner!

Mary beth B.
Website Administrator

Kommentare: The basic concept is easy to understand and retain. Any questions I have, I call customer support and they have the answers! I use the software everyday maintaining the Rotary Club's website and producing the bulletin, and sending out communications.

Vorteile: The ease of use. Once you know the basics, you can run with it.

Nachteile: Just waiting for other parts of the website to catch up with rest of it - to have the same characteristics as the other parts - Meeting responsibilities for instance.

Big improvement - Looks great!

Susana B.
Menswear Stylist
Bekleidung & Mode, Selbstständig

Kommentare: The Board had been considering going to another provider in order to get a snazzy, up-to-date website. But nobody wanted to take on the project or invest $ or time learning how to run it. I counseled for staying with ClubRunner solely because I knew it and I had to run it, and so they acquiesced. A couple of months later, Rotary International announced the major update to ClubRunner that was available for free to all the clubs. It was miraculous! Overnight we got a gorgeous website that works on mobile devices. I am very pleased with the improvements and the helpful customer service. I do wish the system would accept .pdf photos because that would make things easier.

Vorteile: The website, newsletter and emails are what I mostly use for marketing and growing membership.
The Treasurer uses email to send out dues bills.

Nachteile: I don't like having to 1) enter a Story and then 2) enter the same information as an Event on the Calendar. Big time waster.

ClubRunner Excels

Bewertet am 1.2.2017
Eric S.
Attendance Chair
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: From the start of our using ClubRunner we have seen responsive improvement and useful additions, which continue in the newest release. Tracking attendance, signing up for projects and events or paying for dues and other commitments we have found no better program for our club.

Vorteile: Automation of the president's, secretary's and treasure's duties as well as enabling event planning and registration without hassle.

Nachteile: Menu placement and functionality require a short training cycle.

Great tool for Rotary Clubs

Ce J.
Web Master
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This is a great tool for Rotary clubs and Rotary districts. It will help eliminate a lot of reporting to Rotary International. It also provides the clubs and districts with a website. Easily communicate with club and district members. Customize the website to suite your club or district. Tech support is great.

Vorteile: Easy to use. Low learning curve. Anyone in the club can manage the site.

Nachteile: Some of the features for creating the sites are not very intuitive. But, with their support, you can easily set up your sites

"Every day in every way, keeps getting better and better" Pink Panther

Susan L.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Many software programs may equal Clubrunner but no one, anywhere, equals the Canadian Customer Service. They answer promptly (if I start an email ticket I get a call within a day) and they all (a) know what they are doing and how to help Luddites like me, and (b) are unfailingly polite only as Canadians can be. Joy to work on new features because I know I have help all the way, all the time.

Vorteile: Two things: The usefulness of it as a repository of documents, details, and photos available only to members. And the fact that committee assignments and volunteer calendared events show up on EACH MEMBER'S newsletter (at the bottom), personalized, providing a handy reminder.

Nachteile: Sometimes the changes get ahead of the instructions.

Clubrunner enables you to run the club! Imagine that!

Lindsey C.
CFO
Immobilien, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I was first introduced to it 10 yrs ago and couldn't believe how much it assisted with the administrative headaches of running a Rotary club. And they how I could get it to pay for itself right out of the gate. Since then, clubrunner actually makes a profit for us and i was able to convince 75% of the club's in the district to sign on as well as a result of our positive experience. In a district made up of 10 different countries, 80+ clubs dispersed on 16 different islands, that was critical to helping us with effective communication. On top of all that, it's run by such nice people! I have visited their headquarters and even had a meal with their owners m, to say nothing of the encounters at conventions and conferences. Very good decision to become a clubrunner customer.

Vorteile: The ability to track and communicate with members with relative ease.

Nachteile: Ecommerce outaide of mainland North America would be icing on the cake

Clubrunner for Rotary Clubs is a great tool

Bewertet am 20.4.2017
Ce J.
Director of Marketing
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Clubrunner for Rotary clubs and Rotary districts is a great communication tool. They do all the coding. Each of our members can enter their profile, send messages to the club, etc.
Tech support is only a phone call away. They are very helpful and courteous. Most times, we can solve issues and questions within just a few minutes.

Vorteile: Easy to use. We input the information and they do all the programming

Nachteile: Takes a little studying to figure out how to organize the website.

District 5450 has used ClubRunner for 6 years - it is a great tool.

Bewertet am 12.6.2017
Beverly M.
District Operations Manager

Vorteile: It's easy to communicate with our District members via email, monthly newsletter and customized broadcasts. We use MyEventRunner for all of our events and registrations. The support staff is extremely helpful and responsive.

Nachteile: Occasionally it is a little "convoluted" to edit a site page - there are many steps to get to where you need to edit.

Could not change URL for one of my subpages

Bewertet am 24.6.2017
Gerard P.
Club President

Vorteile: Once the user becomes familiar with the software, then it offers a lot of flexibility to build an in-depth, multi-page Web site. It allows multi-users to input info/data on different pages/screens. Editing and managing time sensitive inputs appears to be moderately uncomplicated. Once a user's experience increases, some of the software complexity may lessen

Nachteile: 1) To an inexperienced user, input and publishing appear to be very complex
2) "Drag & Drop" appears to be non-existent. This would really simplify file & image file uploading!!
3) Terminology is very confusing... 'widgets'?
4) Previews are misleading. When previewing, you get a item/page stand-alone preview, not a merged master page, draft page preview. So, when published, and you return to Home Page, it looks different perspective, size relative to the master
5) Maybe due to my inexperience, I cannot upload a Word or Excel file. I have to convert to PDF and have Adobe convert to image file. Images upload very well.

Excellent Customer Service; Always ope to suggestions.

Elly C.
Web administrator
Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Kommentare: I have been using Clubrunner for over 15 years. I have watched them grow. In the earlier stages they were very open to suggestions and ideas from users and improved accordingly. Always pleased with the prompt response to any of our technical issues or our needs, which ae somewhat unique from the standard Rotary Club.

Vorteile: Easy to use, Tutorials always available. Great staff response

Nachteile: Can't think of any

The customer representative answered my questions and was very helpful in showing on my own website

Bewertet am 11.6.2017
Marilee B.
Club SecretaryF

Vorteile: It is easy to use. Great support. The classy way the website appears reflects well on our club.
It accomplishes all we want in our website.

Nachteile: Keeping up with all the changes can be a challenge. Also being notified as to what is new could be better. Keeping our club members up to date can be difficult on our part.