Flexible lean project management tool

Bewertet am 7.2.2018
David B.
Production Support Clan Manager
Unterhaltung

Kommentare: It was fast, flexible and offered team independence. While the company ultimately moved to a more feature rich tool that better served our needs, I would say that leankit is a great solution and should certainly be in your short list.

Vorteile: This is a nice relatively lightweight application that is easily configurable. Teams can quickly setup their own boards as they want and share them with other teams to view. The interface is simple and intuitive with a good level of configuration. Leankit delivers on the simplicity and ease of use.

Nachteile: At the time of using it, it was not easy to share work across multiple boards. The option at the time was to create a master board and create dependencies from there. That only worked if you planned for that at the beginning. However, if you were to decide later that you wanted to do this, it was much more difficult to retrospectively build that hierarchy. It also stripped new lines from descriptions, while there are workarounds with tags, it was frustrating that have wrapping automatically.

Really good project management platform

Bewertet am 25.9.2018
Joanna E.
Growth Marketing Manager

Kommentare: Overall, we've been using Leankit for over three years and it's great. My team and I find it super easy to use, love the way it looks and has helped improve our productivity substantially.

Vorteile: Instead of a traditional list format you often find with other project management tools, LeanKit provides you with visual cards or 'projects' you can move into lanes, assign, etc. It's ease of use is awesome and it's pretty to look at.

Nachteile: They are constantly updating look and adding new features - which is great, but it sometimes causes issues. This isn't often, but when it does happen it can be frustrating. Also the reporting could be better. It doesn't have best insight.

LeanKit makes my first intro to kanban

Bewertet am 1.12.2017
Copy Chief/Creative Director
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: • InCREDible depth of learning content available.
• Standard subscription is comprehensive and well-priced.
• Easy-to-use RSS/calendar feeds make it easy to integrate with my calendaring.
• Wide variety of templates help a newb like me get started quickly.
• Responsive design well implemented across desktop and iOS app.

Nachteile: • The UI is absolutely functional and straightforward, but a little spartan. Apps you're going to live in all day need to inspire feelibngs of love and warmth (see Slack)
• As someone completely new to lean and kanban, AND with my tendency to just in without reading any documentation, I'd love to see a search field in the in-app help rather than links to tutorials and knowledge base. I want to be able to click open the help window, type "how do I X the Y?" and have the results page pop open.
• Inexplicably, clicking the (?) icon in the tool bar pops open the Privacy policy.

Great introduction into Kanban and Lean project management

Bewertet am 14.12.2018
Applications Manager
Möbel, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Clean and easy to use interface, along with the ability to configure boards with the lanes and sub lanes that you require. Boards easily link to each other so you can as the project manager can have a view on the progress on sub boards.
Being able to choose colours and card types to easily indicate a cards current intention within the current lane has made visibility of projects so much easier.

Nachteile: I do think their costing model is a little high based on some other options out their. I would love to see a small team version but with the needed options.

Robust Tool

Bewertet am 27.10.2017
Social Media Specialist

Vorteile: It allows you to create a completely custom board and stays true to its KanBan nature. It easily allows you to see who's working on what and when a task has been sent off to you.

Nachteile: It sends you a ridiculous number of emails. Every little change made to a task or board is emailed to you - even if you did it. I understand some notification via email is possibly necessary, however, you should have the capability to subscribe to only certain types of email notifications.

Great KANBAN Board

Bewertet am 15.2.2018
Brett E.
ESM Manager
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: This is a great solution that is very powerful and easy to use. We use KANBAN and this integrates well for our team.

Nachteile: There are not a lot of downsides for us but the biggest has been that it can be cumbersome to create templates for those projects that may have similar recurring tasks.

Leankit: CSR made easy

Bewertet am 19.12.2018
Emma R.
Web Content & Audio Specialist
Verlagswesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I think this program is great at clearing showing where you team is at with a project. There are so many ways to communicate different things. You can leave comments, move it to a physical lane, mark it with tags. Shows a good birds-eye view of where you team it. Parent cards and child cards help track projects across different boards. Very helpful and easy to use.

Nachteile: It's limitations with lanes and lack of sleek design can make it hard to look at and can be over whelming if there are many cards in a lane

LeanKit as a business management tool

Bewertet am 18.12.2018
Abe Y.
Director Of Finance And Operations
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: LeanKit is a good product. It really does help us to keep our work organized and ensures that we address the right priorities.

Vorteile: LeanKit helps is to keep all of our teams projects and collaborative efforts organized. It gives us a fairly good visualization of work progress.

Nachteile: My department’s work is fairly repetitive, so it can sometimes feel cumbersome to Kanban all of our work.

Helps us organize a lot of tasks for a medium sized team

Bewertet am 10.11.2016
Eitan B.
DevOps
Internet, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We're still in the process of getting on top of our work plans, but already we feel the benefits of organizing a tremendous amount of tasks using this tool

Vorteile: Easy to use, rich functionality, good webinars and tools to help the team get on-board.

Nachteile: Even though there are lots of integrations available - seems there's still way to go. Inherent scrum supporting tools like burndown chart are not intuitive to use from day 1.

Better than Asana

Bewertet am 25.3.2019
Data Engineer
Versicherung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Customizable swim lanes
Can color code the tickets (stories, epics, etc)
Easy to customize the behavior
Things are like a proper kanban board not in a list.
There are no workflows like jira

Nachteile: A little lag sometimes
Sometimes you can over customize
It’s a little clunky on behavior

Awesome for multifaceted swimlanes

Bewertet am 28.3.2014
Kelly hair
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: I can't say enough good things about Leankit. Only issue was that it took me an hour to grasp the UI with splitting horizontal & vertical swimlanes. However, once I had that down, I saw the power of being able to visually represent what I wanted to with the tool. Granted, I'm not using it for kanban per say, I'm using it for customer/prospect management primarily. In a single pane of glass, I was able to represented 30 different customers/prospects, where these customers stood relative to our core values & categories for developing the market. I know this is not software development... pivoting a bit here... Big proponent of this tool. Glad my company forced it upon me because it's a huge improvement over the rather simple, but go to tool, Trello. Trello still has its place but it seems arcane all of a sudden.

Vorteile: + Intuitive interface once you get used to it.
+ Very flexible
+ Flood your favorite problem children with email tasks until they scream (or create a spam filter)
+ Multiple swimlanes & sublanes are mind blowing. Seriously.... Experiment!

Nachteile: - Learning curve (but this is not that big of a deal.. trust me..)
- tags are not selectable

Overall very intuitive.

Bewertet am 19.7.2018
Nathan W.
Staff Accountant
Buchhaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I like the Kanban style of listing the tasks on my plate. It helps me plan ahead and keeps me from wasting time wondering what I need to do next.

Nachteile: While it is great for big overall projects, I wish there was an easier way of creating cards for small projects. I get them sometimes and unless I tacle them quickly I often forget. Is there a way for you to create a shortcut to quick create a card?

Great for personal and business kanban

Bewertet am 28.11.2018
Joel B.
Business & Leadership Consultant, Owner
Unternehmensberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Simple to use and set up, visual and easy to navigate, drag and drop features.

Nachteile: Some of the reporting features were hard to customize or modify, and instructions were not always in depth enough.

Easy way to both manage own tasks and maintain visibility and collaboration with teammates

Bewertet am 23.1.2018
Jaime H.
Sr IT Analyst

Kommentare: Task organization. Makes sure I don't forget one of my many pending activities for the day.

Vorteile: Easy creation of task. it can be as simple or complex as you want, from a simple task name to start/end dates, resource assignments, categorization ,etc.

Nachteile: Difficult to have sub categories. Everything is organized in columns. it would be great to have a windows like organization.

Great Kanban with flexibility and simplicity

Bewertet am 21.8.2018
Landon O.
Director of Operations
Verlagswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: LeanKit has been a great tool for our development teams to setup and track their workflow. It's simplified how we worked and improved our processes by getting us away from a waterfall system with complicated dependencies and unreadable gantt charts.

Vorteile: The customization is great. Boards can be setup exactly as needed. Overall it's a simple system for users to learn, while still providing plenty of flexibility.

Nachteile: Some of the options that seems like they should basic aren't available unless at the highest paid tier. The pricing jump seems disproportionate for the benefits at those higher tiers. Would like to see some changes in the way cards are setup and laid out. Also easier integration with external apps to provide more functionality.

The Most Intuitive Product

Bewertet am 23.9.2016
Chad C.
2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Been looking for a software package to help manage our workflow and optimize our project process. I evaluated several platforms and even tried a few others. The biggest adoption hurdle with other platforms has been ease of use, but LeanKits user-friendly interface and project management philosophy removed that hurdle for my organization. We now have buy-in from the whole organization on a predictable process and a way to track that process. I know that big things are coming as we start to track more and more projects over the coming months and then use LeanKits reporting functions to make big process improvements.

Vorteile: Ease of use.

Nachteile: Haven't found on yet.

Why this costs money I'm not sure

Bewertet am 27.2.2018
Racey C.
IT Manager

Vorteile: Leankit is a decent collaboration suite helpful for tracking details around things like project management. At least that's what we use it for. It's ok software, don't get me wrong, but when there are alternatives like Trello out there that are free or mostly so I'm not sure why this is worth the money.

Nachteile: First off, the Trello interface is cleaner and more intuitive. Second, the basic version of Trello, which will suffice for 90% of users, is free.

The best Kanban

Bewertet am 5.12.2016
Josh W.
Central Administrator
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: There's a lot of different attempts at Kanban online, and this is the one I had been looking for. The problem with Kanban can be that you get too much information in one area at a time real fast, and it stops being useful. Leankit manages to allow you to capture as much info as you want, while still remaining, well, lean. It really is a great experience from top to bottom.

Vorteile: Easy to set up. Good value. Lots of templates to get started with. Easy to use.

Nachteile: Maybe the color palette is not the greatest?

Embedded in our business processes

Bewertet am 6.1.2016
Paul H.
VP Procurement - Technology - (Interim)
Finanzdienstleistungen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: We have been using LeanKit for more than three years at LateRooms. What started as a tool that was used by our product teams to track development work and releases has also been adopted by other teams within the business, for example I use the software to track procurement projects and the HR team use it to track the recruitment process.

Vorteile: Ease of use
Integration with 3rd party apps (ZenDesk, Atlassian)

BUYER BEWARE: No Refunds if you Prepay!

Bewertet am 31.3.2017
Manny A.

Kommentare: BUYER BEWARE: Do not pay for the full year as you do not get your money back if you are unhappy with the product or support. We tested the product a few months and then elected to use the basic product as it appeared to meet our needs. We paid for the full year but after a few months on the basic platform we decided to move to a different solution with more features at a lower cost. I asked for a refund of the unused months and I was told no.

Vorteile: Followed Kaban Lean Method

Nachteile: Basic Level is too limited compared to other solution providers

Easy to use and navigate software for project management

Bewertet am 24.1.2018
Alexandra C.
Finance Manager

Vorteile: Most actions can be done with a click of a mouse or even drag and drop, customizable colors for different types of tickets.

Nachteile: Sometimes when you drag a ticket and move it to another lane, it doesn't save there and you have to try to move it again and again, until it finally drops into designated lane.

Best for Lean Implementation

Bewertet am 23.5.2018
Supreeth S.
Process Engineer
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Its a great software for companies looking to implement lean and also who wanted to continuously improve too.

Nachteile: Proper knowledge and training of the lean principles are required to create master board and then to collect all the required data.

A strong Kanban app with focus on ease of use

Bewertet am 21.2.2018
James S.
Risk Director

Vorteile: Great easy to use Kanban app with a clean interface and easy to use boards- helps by making chages to projects easy and quick

Nachteile: interface is a little old fashioned compared to other similar apps- could benifit from strong support for non apple eco systems

LeanKit

Bewertet am 3.10.2018
Cristy L.
Verbraucherdienste, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall I am impressed and love the clean look to this software. It is simple and user friendly.

Vorteile: I love the Kanban board functions and visibility to folders. We move our projects to completed once all meetings have been had with the business and it allows our team to be more organized. The Kanban board is an easy and organized board that helps our business stay communicated. I also love the personalization of profiles with pictures.

Nachteile: We have been using this board/software for about three months and so far I haven't found anything I do not like.

Bewertet am 30.3.2016