Powerful, yet simple!

Bewertet am 25.1.2019
Russell s P.
Teacher, Consultant
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Quickly deciding meeting times with groups of people - highly satisfied!

Vorteile: It can be extremely difficult to arrange/schedule meetings, appointments, and events when multiple people are involved. But the brilliant thing about Doodle is that it does the hard work for you! Here's what I love the best:
- In a matter of a few moments, you can create a poll of options or available meeting times. I can quickly send a link to teammates, who can quickly and easily access the poll and begin to select times that work. What's more is that they can also see other times that have been selected, so I feel like they are more willing to cooperate (if that makes sense).
- This removes text or email chains that go on, and on, and on without end... until we finally come to the conclusion that there's never a good time for everyone to meet up. (After wasting a day.)
- It's absolutely free. I can't believe it. I would think they could be making money with user fees off of this fantastic idea/platform, but no - it's free!
- It's quite simple and intuitive. There aren't a lot of bells and whistles, but that's great. There doesn't need to be advanced features.
- It's easy to use for the first time. It's not overly complex.
- You are notified when responses come in, and you ultimately get to control the meeting time.
- This is somewhat random, but you can be very specific with meeting points. Want to meet at 12:02? Perfect. Want a meeting to end at 9:07... Doodle will do that, too.
- Can link or access your Gmail contacts - fabulous feature!

Nachteile: There's really nothing to complain about in my opinion. It's a simple designed platform that accomplishes it's goal. Some potential updates to consider would be adding "most commonly used emails," though, that would be helpful. Another idea is build in some sort of Skype, Hangouts, or FaceTime feature if an individual is unable to attend at the appointed time. I realize that gets complicated, though, and is not Doodle's problem to solve!

Simple way to organise your team meetings

Bewertet am 29.12.2019
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use Doodle to organise my team meetings and I think it's doing the necessary for me because I don't need complicated tools to do simple things

Vorteile: Before using doodle we had trouble organizing meetings because each time I suggest a plan there is someone who has something else or not available. Doodle helped me because I have only to choose 3 or 4 dates according to my availability and let my team choose when they're available.
Managing polls and agenda is easy because I only have a url to edit what I want and check poll results. Talking about poll results, one of the reasons I like doodle for is that they show others choices so this will make things easier to agree on a date.

Nachteile: I can't complain about anything right now because Doodle is doing the necessary, I would maybe suggest creating a chrome plugin and integrate better with google calendar.

The Simplicity of Doodle Outweighs Any Features Lacking

Bewertet am 17.11.2019
John V.
Director of Membership and Operational Services
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, the ease of use and the simplicity of Doodle outweighs any failings or lack of features. I can send the polls to many participants without having to train them on how to respond. It is pretty intuitive, and allows me to pool responses from a large group of people who are both inside and outside my organization. This makes scheduling meetings with people from various organizations or groups much easier.

Vorteile: I liked most the simplicity of Doodle. I can set up a Doodle poll easily and either email to participants, or copy a link and email it myself. It is easy to compare answers, and it is user-friendly for participants and colleagues who are not as tech savvy.

Nachteile: The poll is limited in options, and if you are suggesting multiple dates and times over many weeks or months, the poll becomes a bit tedious and time consuming to build. Also there is little space to customize questions among certain days.

Makes scheduling easy!

Bewertet am 17.9.2019
Chief Thinker and COO
Konsumgüter, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've had a wonderful experience with Doodle so far, and hopefully this will continue! Doodle has made scheduling so much easier for me and my organization, I also use it outside of my work and in my personal life. It has also saved me so much time in having to talk to people and organize stuff which takes forever!

Vorteile: I looveee using Doodle when I'm organizing an event (be it a meeting, a work event, or even an after work hangout!). It is just so convenient to send the link to everybody with some suggested times and they fill it out, then we find the one where all or most people can attend, rather than going around and asking for people's availability which takes so much time and effort and is so inefficient. It also helps convert the times if the link is sent to someone in a different timezone which is amazing. Doodle is just so simple to use and efficient that gives me an incentive to take the lead in scheduling events!

Nachteile: I think the user page is quite basic, and could look a little better in terms of design, artwork and colors. Sometimes, I also find it quite difficult to look for an event after I've put in my availability, imagine how messy it will be with many Doodles going on at the same time. I just wish there was an easier way to store all the events in a more organized way that is easy for me to find them.

Schedule Events Quickly with Doodle

Bewertet am 27.12.2019
Rachel S.
Masa Ambassador
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I am very happy using this software, it saves a lot of time and energy!

Vorteile: What I like the best about Doodle is that it makes scheduling a no-brainer. In the past I've had to go back and forth through email and text about when is the best time for a party, rehearsal, meeting, etc. However, now I'm able to just create a quick poll and make it happen. It also has a couple different formats that you can view the poll in (table and calendar), which are nice options.

Nachteile: I don't have any complaints about Doodle, except that you have to remember to actually use it! But that is no fault of the software itself. Maybe if more people use it then it will be a reminder for everyone else that this helpful tool exists.

Scheduling for everyday!

Bewertet am 10.10.2019
Maxwel B.
Customer Success

Vorteile: I love the ability to create multiple dates for a specific meeting or event and get everyone input on what day would be best. Clearing out the dates that do not work and narrowing in on the right date for everyone included.

Nachteile: Unfortunately they do not have a free tier of the product that can be used for personal use and not company wide.

Great for Quick Polling

Bewertet am 27.11.2019
Angela V.
Campus Lead and Data Specialist
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I often have to try to schedule trainings for a group of people who have very diverse schedules. With Doodle I can present all of the possible times and gather feedback so I can figure out what time works for the majority of the group. This saves a lot of time when compared to the old method of trying to schedule by email.

Vorteile: I like being able to use the free version to create quick polls when I'm trying to schedule a training or get the opinion of a group of people on a single topic.

Nachteile: I haven't found anything about Doodle that I haven't liked. It is a great tool and does exactly what I need.

Great Time Management software

Bewertet am 7.10.2019
Derrick C.
Marketing Specialist
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great solving problems with a team
Scheduling meetings is a breeze with this software
Great for communication barriers with remote employees

Vorteile: Great way to share Calendars with fellow co-workers and the ability to set your calendars in a private mode make this software great. love the collaboration feature and video chat function

Nachteile: The only issue I have seen so far with the trial is that sometimes the video function lags but other than that it is a great program

OK for specific times but not for blocks

Bewertet am 8.10.2019
Elise W.
Philosophy PhD Student
Hochschulbildung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall, it has been OK for some things but I prefer other schedulers for trying to look at availability in a wider array of times.

Vorteile: You can see others availability, and you have 3 part option of available, not available, and could do but difficult.

Nachteile: More annoying to fill in than some competitors. Only good if you just have a few time slots to choose between, not a lot.

Scheduling made easier

Bewertet am 13.1.2020
Tania J.
Account Manager
Pharmazeutika, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This is an easy, fast and efficient tool that everyone can use when scheduling meetings, interviews, etc.

Vorteile: Absolutely great scheduling tool when setting up client calls. You do not need to go back and forth in emails anymore and figure out the best time to schedule a call. All you have to do is pick time slots that you are available and send it over to the person you are trying to schedule than they pick a time slot that works for them and you are done!

Nachteile: Had a couple issues when trying to set up my google calendar syncing with Doodle. It wasn't the easiest to set up and integration could be a little easier.

Doodle is Convenient

Bewertet am 15.9.2019
Anvita S.
Tutor
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall my experience with Doodle has been positive, fast, and convenient. I was a part of many organizations that used Doodle in the past and we were able to quickly find dates that worked best for big groups of people in order to meet. I really liked that once more people started answering, others were more inclined to find their best fit within the dates people were already choosing. As an organizer of events and meetings as well, this is a big plus that made me like Doodle a lot because it helps steer people to consolidate their answers with others rather than pick one that no one else has picked and already makes people "work together" in a way.

Vorteile: What I like most about Doodle is that it is a quick and convenient way to take polls for a group of people, for example to pick a date that works best for everyone or to figure out when or what works for the most people. I like that I am emailed the link directly to the poll from the creator, and I can simply click on it, see the question, and submit my answer. I also like that I can see the answers everyone else has submitted, so that way, if for example it is in regards to the best time for a meeting, I can try to pick what is best between what others have already chosen so that way the options don't spread out too much. This keeps keeping dates or taking polls in order to figure out what is best for everyone simple because seeing what others have already chosen makes me more inclined to pick something they already in order to make a decision faster. Other polling services often times do not show what others have chosen until after I submit my answer, so all of our choices can be spread out and that makes narrowing down options harder. That is why I like Doodle.

Nachteile: Honestly what I like least about Doodle is the name of the software... I don't feel professional using a software called "Doodle" and I can't imagine telling my employees or anyone in a workplace that I am sending out a "Doodle" for them to please respond to. I would rather just say I am sending out a poll than use the actual name. It might be a silly thing to like least about it, but it does not feel professional and a word people may not take seriously. I also do not like the layout of the Doodle once I open the page, but again that is a personal preference, because it was plain white and the entire format of the poll was spread out across the entire page and looked messy. I suppose users on not answering the question(s) for that long most of the time so it's not really a huge issue.

An intuitive way to set up meetings

Bewertet am 21.8.2019
Biotechnologie, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We love using Doodle for setting up many cross-departmental meetings, especially since it is so intuitive to use and works for basically everything from small get-togethers of a few people all the way to large meetings. It can be accessed from anywhere, so participants can be traveling/on-the-go when the answer polls. We have had a few issues with people losing the link and being unable to participate, but it is simple to get them another one. It's easy to organize large events with Doodle!

Vorteile: Ever since starting to use this a few years, it has now become to go-to application for scheduling everything from future meetings where we need a lot of participants all the way to more casual events like dinner and happy hour. It is easy to use and offers a high level of control to the event organizer, from the obvious (i.e. what dates to choose from, how many time slots per day, who is invited to participate) all the way to the not-so-obvious but still highly convenient feature such as allowing for tentative times and comments. It is really easy to invite attendees, as they can be directly emailed a link to participate. The best part is that the software will let you know what time works best for the most people, so no calculation needed.

Nachteile: It can be rather hard to keep track of who has participated, especially when organizing huge events. Additionally, it would be great to be able to set priorities, such as finding a time when certain crucial team members must all be present, whereas more participants that are more auxiliary to the meeting don't have to be present.

Essential for choosing the best dates & times to meet as a group

Bewertet am 14.12.2018
Medizinische Praxis, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I love Doodle. Choosing the best dates and times to meet has never been easier. Next time you need to schedule a meeting or a group dinner, Doodle it.

Vorteile: We've all been in a group text or email chain trying to figure out what date and times work best for everyone. It's impossible to keep track of who can meet when! That's where doodle comes in as your group's best option. Doodle allows you to create a poll with dates and/or times of your choosing. You then send that Doodle link via email or text message to your group of friends. They simply click the link, type in their name, and click on all the dates/times they can meet. Once everyone has voted, it is easy to see what dates/times work for the most amount of people.
The best thing about Doodle is that it is free for everyone. There's nothing to download. You simply click a link. After doing so, the instructions are crystal clear. There is basically no learning curve. And no one has to keep track of who said what date and what time because Doodle will present that information for you in a very simple way.
Also, you can choose whether everyone can see what dates others chose or not. You can even choose to limit the # of votes each person has if you wish to.

Nachteile: One of the cons is that if you want to put a deadline on your poll, you're going to have to pay for it by being a premium doodle user. This is not such a big deal because you can just tell your friends to vote by a certain date... but we all have those slackers in our groups who decide not to vote until it is already too late.
Another con is that Doodle's homepage has become increasingly cluttered as it attempts to add features to its premium users (for organizers and for businesses over 1,000 people). It's simple enough to filter through to create your poll though.

So much better than confusing and never ending e-mail chains

Bewertet am 13.8.2018
Graduate Student
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My Ph.D. dissertation meetings are required every 6-12 months and it is really hard to get my entire dissertation committee together on a whim. Since professors are extremely busy people and don't really have time for a bunch of e-mails, Doodle software makes my and their lives so much easier.

Vorteile: Have you ever tried to get a bunch of science professors to meet in the same room at the same time for a few hours? It's like herding cats, but luckily there is Doodle. The best part about Doodle is that I don't have to e-mail people back and forth to try to coordinate an event from multiple perspectives. Doodle eliminates ambiguity and allows everyone to see everyone else's exact availability for multiple weeks at a time which saves time and effort. It is so interesting to me that meetings can be scheduled really without any words from any of the participants, and I think that is beautiful. Bonus points for not having to try to sound really smart in multiple e-mails to people who are way smarter than you.

Nachteile: The calendar syncing function seems like it could be a really good idea, but I have had some trouble syncing up all of my calendars in the past and I usually can't see any of my events on there. I'm not quite sure what the function is supposed to do but there is no explanation and I felt like it was not super intuitive.

Scheduling Made Easier!

Bewertet am 5.10.2018
Sex Therapist, Individual & Partners Therapist
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Doodle is one of those companies whose product has become a commonly used noun or verb (Google, Tupperware, Saran Wrap, etc.), because it's just that useful! Any attempt to schedule a group meeting or event always wraps up quickly with a plan that "We'll just send out a Doodle!"

Vorteile: Doodle is FANTASTIC for group scheduling. I have used the free version extensively for groups of various sizes and scheduling options of various numbers, and it beats any other form of group scheduling that I've tried (although I haven't used any other scheduling softwares, only emails/texts/unfortunately lengthy conversations). When creating a Doodle, there are many customizable options for date and time combinations, and it's easy to send a quick link to participants or send it directly from Doodle's site. There are options for polls to be visible to other participants or private; the visible option is great when we're trying to fill various volunteer shifts and want people to be able to see where we need the most support! When filling out a Doodle as a participant, it helps to be able to toggle back and forth between calendar and list views for schedules (although long lists still get a bit tedious to fill out if you are using a phone instead of a browser on your computer). It's also easy to go back to the link and edit your entry if your plans change.

Nachteile: If you have LOTS of scheduling options to consider, it can be difficult to add all of the entries when first creating the poll. There is a helpful "duplicate" option, but it doesn't work as well if you don't have the same times available each day.

Easy and Organized

Bewertet am 22.1.2019
Head of Project Management
Internet, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall it is a simple tool that serves one purpose, to make it easier for everyone involved to find a convenient date for parties, meetings, appointments, trips etc. Instead of going back and forth in an endless email thread we simply need to simply fill the time that works for best for us. It saves time, it is less hassle and improves communication. Also great to sync schedules with people you do not see very often but need to work with.

Vorteile: I enjoy how easy it is to use the tool to collaborate with others in order to find their availability for example. We are a lot of young people in the company I work at and Doodle is always the first step when it comes to organizing events and out of the office parties. Considering we are all busy with friends, exams and nights out Doodle makes it super easy and fast to find out a time and day that best works for all of us. The tool is very user friends and simple, there is almost no way to get confused about what you need to do even if you are not tech savvy.

Nachteile: My main dislike is that there is no option to change the dates with text, it would be great if I can select if we want to vote for date or venue or activity. Also, it would be better if dates on the checklist were shown at once. Of course there is the expand button, but I think it should be expanded by default when there are lot of options to choose from. Would be nice if the calendar view is improved as well, similar UI to the monthly/weekly Google Calendar type of view would be a great improvement and will also make it easier to use, and it will make the tool look less messy and unorganized.

Happy When Colleagues use Doodle

Bewertet am 16.12.2018
India O.
Adjunct Professor
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Doodle is a great tool to easily evaluate availability and schedule meetings for large, busy groups. The ability to customize times and the intuition built into Doodle-if I schedule a request for three hours then three hours translates to every subsequent date I select, makes this a great tool. Each invitee can see the response of others which can lend to being more flexible in your choices, and enhances getting a group to consensus on a date and time to meet. You can be proficient at using Doodle in a matter or minutes, both as a user and as an administrator. I love this product so much that I use it in business and also in setting up family events. There are three plans available, and if you are a casual user the free version should serve you well.

Nachteile: Plans are priced well, and the ability to remove ads and enhance communication with the premier version is very nice. A con of the free version is the weird ads you see running in the back ground as you are using the tool. However, not bothersome enough to change my favorable opinion of this great scheduling tool.

Basic meeting scheduler for free

Bewertet am 11.3.2019
Caregiver
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I would recommend Doodle to small business offices or student organizations. Especially if you are in a statewide organization.

Vorteile: Doodle is easy and quick to use. I have used many times in a statewide leadership organization where many of the members were spread across the state. I have also used it on a local level for the college student leadership organization I was with. I was able to choose the date and time slots after which I could send the information in a link to the people I invited to the meeting. From there the invitee was able to choose the time and date in which they could meet with me. Others who are sent the link can see the options and see the time and date that are in the majority. After the selections are made the schedule can be added to your calendar as a way a reminder of the event or meeting.

Nachteile: There isn't really anything that I like least about the software and have never came across any issues while using the software. The set up is easy to do and to share with those who need to respond. However I have always used Doodle for small groups, generally under 35 users. I am not sure how well it works with more people,

Quick polling and easy to intepret results

Bewertet am 12.8.2019
Andrew P.
Hochschulbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I was introduced to Doodle when I needed to schedule people from multiple organizations for a project and I have used it ever since. I will say that there could be a more advanced tool out there but I have yet to find one that could convince me to stop using Doodle. I think if you are looking for something that all users can understand it is hard to find a better alternative to Doodle. Most people need little to no assistance to use and that can be a life saver on complicated projects and varied schedules.

Vorteile: Doodle Poll is exceedingly easy to use, I have on multiple occasions opened the site and had my poll ready to go in under 2 minutes, and that is not an exaggeration. You can poll just about anyone with an email address and I have never had an end-user complain about the product or how to use it. Fields are intuitive and you have the ability to make the polls more dynamic than a simple yes/no vote. We mostly use the product to schedule meetings with external stakeholders who do not have access to the University scheduling system. Although other services provide similar features, Doodle seems to be the easiest one for all parties to grasp.

Nachteile: I now have an full account but before I did I was limited to simpler polls. Preferences and conditions are useful for finding the best time, and I was only able to access those features after joining. That being said, joining is easy. Our mail client can provide some polling as well so we do not necessarily need Doodle, however I have found it more useful.

Doodle is the best way to arrange meetings!

Bewertet am 14.12.2018
Shelby W.
Student
Hochschulbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Doodle recently received a new feature that allows users to not just select the hourly times that work in their schedule to meet, but they can also double click a time, which says that they could make it work in their schedule if they had to. I think this is great because before this feature, I would have a really hard time finding a time to hold meetings because my co-workers had very conflicting schedules and we would just create a group message trying to figure it out, which defeated the purpose of filling out a Doodle. I love that feature! I also love Doodle 1:1 where you can link your Google Calendar to a Doodle so you don't double book yourself.

Nachteile: The website isn't always the most user friendly, and I often find myself clicking around aimlessly just to open up a new Doodle invite. I also wish Doodle would offer features to college students for free or really really discounted because I was the president of many student organizations and used Doodle all the time and would have appreciated being able to send reminders from Doodle.

The software that makes life & scheduling easy!

Bewertet am 15.1.2019
Justin G.
Senior Director of Member Engagement & Wellness
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Doodle is a game-changer. In our busy lives and days, Doodle allows for us to schedule accurately and fairly. It eliminates the guesswork and time it would otherwise take to determine times that work best for all. Best of all, it's accessible via the palm of our hands and takes seconds to create. I can't imagine my day-to-day without Doodle and where I'd be if it wasn't for this amazing solution-solving software.

Vorteile: The absolute best thing about using Doodle is that our entire organization and stakeholders love participating in it! We all use Doodle and most importantly, it makes our lives easy and guarantees buy-in and participation in order to pick the optimal meeting and scheduling times.

Nachteile: There is nothing to dislike about Doodle. It is easy, efficient, and well-like by all!

Oodles of Doodle

Bewertet am 21.2.2019
Juni L.
Special Field Agent
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It's such a simple concept and interface, but the most useful and common sense product out there. At a time when everyone is busy with multiple projects in their lives, it's hard to keep track of everyone's conflicts and carve out a time where the majority of the people are available to meet. Back over 10 years ago I would have to email everyone to send me in their availability and I would have to Tetris everything. Now everything is so simplified with Doodle. You send a link with the available dates and times available and everyone can enter in all the times they are available. The program highlights the days/times that the most people can attend. It's so easy to see on one page without much effort.

Nachteile: I don't think there's anything I dislike about this except there was one incident when all the dates and times were wrong. We don't even know what happened but it somehow got changed to a different time zone so you do have to make sure that's set properly. Other than that I've never had any issues with this program.

Why?

Bewertet am 8.10.2019
Shana T.
Content Strategist
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Kommentare: It was fine - easy to use and also easily integrated with 365 and Slack. That said, it wasn't the most useful software in the world - nothing a simple survey or sign up sheet in the break room can't handle.

Vorteile: Doodle is easy to use, intuitive and has some fun features (paid). It's a freemium app, so you can go ahead and schedule your meetings (or softball games) without paying, but if you fork out a few bucks each month you can access logos and branding, integration with Slack and a few other features.
Overall, it's a nice app to have if you need to create a poll to ask employees when they want to meet. It's user-friendly, actually has a pretty attractive interface and you can't beat free.

Nachteile: While Doodle is easy to use and a good way to get everyone's opinion on when a meeting should be held, my question is, "why?" Maybe I'm old school, but one of the perks of being "the boss" is that you set a meeting time and your employees show up. Simple as that. If you absolutely must ask for your employees' feedback, there are quite a few options out there - SurveyMonkey comes to mind first - that will allow you to just shoot over an email, collect your poll data and that's that. None of this hand-holding stuff.
That said, I can see how this application would be useful for more recreational purposes. For instance, "What day works best for you for the holiday party?" or "Which day and time works best for you for team softball practice?" Other than that, I didn't really find too much useful about this software.

All present!

Bewertet am 20.7.2019
Jovana V.
Writer
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Most of my out-of-work activities are set up with Doodle. Both my friends and family are using it and we all find it the most convenient tool to agree upon the time and to get together.

Vorteile: I enjoy the simplicity of Doodle and the fact that it is super easy to use. I never heard that anyone had any problem with it figuring their way around. Since I am not using it that often, the free version works for me perfectly.

Nachteile: There is nothing to dislike if you are looking for a simple, intuitive tool. Sure, there are not a great many features, but this is why it is so appealing.

Best software out there for group projects

Bewertet am 6.8.2019
Aquline S.
Tutor
E-Learning, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great experience.

Vorteile: Easy to use, best software for group work, polls, projects etc. I used it most days when I was at university and I still use it for tutoring. It helps my students to choose the time they want, add anything or edit while I am having a look at it too.
Easier to edit in real time when you are working with a large group that isn't in the same place.

Nachteile: Nothing. The software is amazing and doesnt have a limit of documents you can share or people who can access it. Makes projects very easy to do