Über Granular

Granular ist eine Farm-Management-Software, die es einfacher macht, eine stärkere, nachhaltigere Farm zu betreiben und zu verwalten.

Erfahre mehr über Granular

They are always adding new things and trying to improve old ones. Really like being able to track grain inventory quickly along with being able to review costs, revenues, and breakevens quickly.

Some of the reports are hard to develop at first.

Bewertungen zu Granular

4,9

Granular hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 87 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Produktbewertung

Produktbewertung

Nutzung

Hast du Granular bereits verwendet?

Dylan
Vice President in USA
Landwirtschaft, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Best farming software hands down

Flexibility based on your operations needs. There are numerous features that can be used to improve your operation. They have hands down the best support of any product in the industry. They get to know your operation and its nuances on a personal level and they want you to succeed.

Setting your account up and getting the full benefit is tedious and can be a lot of work at first. You do reap what you sow though.

Antwort von Granular

Dylan--It's important to us to know your operation in order for Granular to be as valuable as it can be to you. We're so glad you stuck with getting your account up and running, and now you're seeing the benefits. Thank you for your continued business!

Derrick
Operator in USA

Microscope for Farm Operation

Kommentare: Overall I have had a positive experience. My customer success advisor has made sure my needs are met and if I am too busy in the field they will even add in or switch data for my operation while I am on the phone. This program has also allowed me to dive deeper into analyzing field by field profitability, track various field practices and how they relate to yield as well as the ability to be a data cache for all farm related financials and yield for things like crop insurance.

Granular has the best product support I have ever dealt with. From my customer success advisor to in app help, it is top notch. Granular also integrates well with various manufacturers equipment in terms of data transfer, allowing ease of use no matter what level of comfort with technology. Finally, this program is a total systems approach to my farm management. From documenting land rents, recording in season work to tracking grain contracts and grain inventory; it is all accessible by myself and other admin to keep us up to date while not wasting time.

Integration of this product was not difficult but time consuming. One area I would like to see improved is to have the ability to load machine data from either cloud or thumb drive and program will automatically load lbs. of crop into inventory. I feel inventory and contract portion of program is almost too in depth. Finally price; I do feel this product is high priced compared to competitors and certainly for growers that are small to medium or do not perform all tasks themselves, i.e. spraying and trucking. this eliminates some of the value proposition of the program.

Antwort von Granular

Derrick! Wow! That's the first time we've been called a microscope for the operation, and we really like that characterization! Thank you! Great pieces of feedback that we've passed along to our Product Development team. Happy to hear that you're now able to have an accurate view of your field-level profitability!

Arthur

V3

Kommentare: Fun but still learning

The ability to break fields down and see which is most profitable

A little to complicated. farmers like simple

Antwort von Granular

At the end of the day, the Granular team focused on helping all farms run their operation like a business. Thank you for the honest review and for choosing Granular!

Ryan
Office Manager in USA
Landwirtschaft, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great Product, but with some limitations

Kommentare: Our overall experience has been a good one, but wish I could say I'm 100% satisfied and I can't say that yet. I'm hoping I will get there someday.

It's fairly easy to use. It has helped our farming operation to finally nail down some expectation of where we'll end up at the end of the year. With our accounting software I would eventually get there but after the fact. The up to date information as the season is progressing gives us valuable management tier information . It has allowed us to pivot on plans quickly and have confidence in those decisions.

It has to be modified and implement multiple workarounds to make it work. I also don't like the significant amount of time needing to be spent in the software in order to keep information accurate and up to date. The grain inventory function for us is worthless and actually very difficult to keep straight. As far as providing new features, they seemed to implement quite a few when we starting using it, but I haven't seen anything for a while. Some of the updates are not necessarily improvements.

Antwort von Granular

Hi Ryan--Thank you for your honest feedback. We've passed along your review to our Product Development team so they know exactly where your pain points are. If you stick with us, I think you'll get closer to the 100% satisfied line! Thank you for your business!

Bryson
Landwirtschaft, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Granular helps us visualize our bottom line

Kommentare: 2020 was our fourth crop year with granular and we are finally comfortable using it and know that we are getting good data. To an extent, it has been a struggle to succeed with this product but in many ways, it is our own fault. We have not dedicated the time or people to it until recently. I think a farm that would be dedicated to it could have correctly implemented the software in half the time that we did. Now that we are getting good numbers out of it I'm pleased with the product and the support the entire way through has been great. Probably better than any other product or software that we use on our farm.

I like that it breaks the cost and quantity down of each item over the year and that you can filter the data in so many different ways.

It is hard to adapt the software at times for cotton growers or irrigated producers. It also takes a lot of time to sift through the data and make sure that it is correct.

Antwort von Granular

Thank you for your honest review, Bryson! We love to hear when our customer service is the differentiator! We really appreciate your loyalty and continuing to do business with Granular. Here's to the next 4+ years!

Jim

Granular Review

Kommentare: Our experience has been nothing but exceptional would not consider farming without it. The company is always striving to make it a better product.

The program user friendly once you get the basics setup. You can use parts at beginning and then move into it deeper as you want. The help is second to none very helpful both on phone and chat. The attention the company pays to suggestions by customers is above and beyond.

Some of the reports are hard to develop at first. Would like them to get Granular Insights and Agronomy to seemlessly enter Granular Business.

Antwort von Granular

Thank you for being such an exemplary customer of Granular, Jim! We've noted your feedback and have passed it along to our product development team.

Christopher

Excellent Farm Management Software

Kommentare: We've been using Granular for three years, and our experience with the software has gotten better each year. Very happy with the continued growth and updates made to the software, and excellent support and customer service. Using Granular has greatly simplified the record keeping and budgeting aspects of our farming operation.

Overall functionality and ease of use. Ability to track nearly every aspect of our farming operation. Very happy with the ability to integrate with our machinery and save time in manually entering data.

High cost, and could use some work in the inventory management area.

Antwort von Granular

Hearing from farmers about how their operation's record keeping and budgeting has gotten simpler when they adopted Granular is exactly why we are in business. Thank you for your loyalty and continued business. Inventory management updates are in the queue to be addressed!

Jordan
co-operator/manager in USA

Whole Farm Management

Kommentare: We really liked how deep you can get as an operation within Granular. Every operation will get out what they want to put into it. The more detail you can provide or put into the software the better off your operation will be because of that. Granular helps you keep organized by expediting a lot of remedial bookwork to help you know how your operation is doing on both on paper and in the field. It is a great way to show landlords how their farms are doing and how much it costs (or their share of inputs) to raise a crop. For those looking to kick the pen and paper method or spread sheets Granular is a great option to look into to help organize your farm books.

When we started using Granular we weren't sure what to expect. The onboarding was fairly simple as they were able to pull data from previously used platforms (climate). As we started to dive into the software we liked how we could separate out each individual fields as far as bushel splits with landlords along with chemicals, fertilizers, ect so as the invoices came in it could separate out all of our inputs for share crop farms. We really liked the fact that Granular could pull in machine data in almost real time to be able to get a whole farm look with multiple operators and pieces of equipment moving on any particular day. Apart of that as well if being able to assign a per acre or per hour dollar amount with each piece of equipment to get real time costs per with each individual field to be able to show land lords that might have "higher" cash rent how much you are having to spend per acre to raise a crop. Granular also does an excellent job of helping you forecast what your per acre costs are going to be to help you with your marketing plans. From inputs to cash rents to machine costs, Granular will give you a per acre cost once you put all of those numbers in to see where your breakeven numbers are or where to start marketing your crop to be profitable.

When first getting to know the Granular platform, it can seem overwhelming. Because of the information to get a close look at your farm operation from inputs to cash rents to equipment, and bin locations there is a lot of information to get into this software. With all of that being said there are a lot of tabs that one can click on and get lost quick. But along those lines, the customer support offered within Granular is fantastic in answering any questions that you may have and guide you to where you want to go or what information you are trying to look up. The CFA's are also an excellent resource for any questions that might pop up as your are learning the software.

Antwort von Granular

Thank you so much for your review, Jordan! We're so happy to hear that we've exceeded your expectations on what a tool like Granular could do for your operation! It sounds like once you were up and running, you saved time and felt more confident in your decisions - both of which are why we're such believers in Granular as well. Thank you for your review! And happy holidays!

CRAIG
Landwirtschaft, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Better understanding of my farms financial standing

Kommentare: My experience has been fantastic! You are never left alone to figure things out. The people I have worked with have helped me ever step of the way, and when I have things pop-up, many different people have helped me. My first stop is a Customer Success Manager, and if she doesn't have the answer Granular has many experts to help you. You are not calling a help desk, but you are calling friends that want you to succeed and be happy with your experience. That's just the people, what I now know about my farm is invaluable.

Being an accountant and an auditor for a few years, I saw the financial records of many companies that were of all different sizes and industries. All of them knew where they were making the most profit as well as the cost of all the inputs it took to produce that profit. Now that I have been back farming for 29 years this is the the only accounting/software that tracks everything in my operation. I know my input cost and my profit at the field level, and not just for the current year, but what those numbers look like over many years. Just using the software makes me more organized. Which leads me to being more confident that the decisions I make or based on good financial data, and not just "winging" it. I know that we all want more "yield" per acre, but with this software you will begin to want more "profit" per acre. Isn't that what we all want anyway?

Honestly, the setup and the maintenance of keeping good accurate records. Isn't that the case with any financial software? If you put good data in then you will get good data back, and the opposite is true too. It takes time and effort, but when you look at your farm as a business, the data will become something you can't live without. The effort will make you more organized and confident.

Antwort von Granular

Craig - it sounds like you really understand how to get value out of a farm management software platform. And we love to hear when farmers like yourself feel more confident in the decisions they make thanks to Granular. Thank you for such an honest and glowing review!

agronomist in USA

Granular Farm Management Software

Kommentare: I use the product everyday. I like the customer service and the constant upgrades to the program to better suit our farming operation. I would rate them good to excellent.

I like the fact that all of our farms production data tied to finances is in one platform. The Task Manager feature is a great tool to have for those that are managing people and operations. The mobile app has become a tool that managers are using to communicate instructions with operators. Training truck drivers and operators how to use the mobile app is easy and straight forward. Many of our operators will not even start field activity until they have received a work order. It is really powerful tool to put all of your inputs, plans, tasks, and finances in to a program to get real time data. I also am liking the continued integrations with myjohndeere and Granular Agronomy. In the future, having production maps linked to real farm financials will be a powerful decision making tool. Above all else, the customer support that we receive from Granular is second to none. The trainers and Customer Success Managers that we have worked with have been outstanding. They seem to understand how to make both the farm managers and operators comfortable with using their product.

The on boarding process is brutal. It took 2 guys all winter to get all of the data set up. It took a while before we were confident in the numbers that we were getting from granular. Lastly, I wish that scenario planning was a little easier . Exploring different inputs, crops, ect on fields as a rough draft planning process can be difficult.

Antwort von Granular

Thank you for your honest review; we're so glad you stuck with it, got your data, feel confident in the numbers, and in and see value in it every day! Great input on how we can improve, David. We've passed it along to our Product Development team - let's see what we can do to improve your experience!

Logan
Assistant Farm Manager in USA

Granular Farm Management Software

Kommentare: We are an organic farm, so the ability to track all of our inputs to each field, track each field activity record, and then trace the flow of grain from its end destination back to a field/seed has been an amazing asset to our business. This makes our organic certification a breeze. Honestly, we use the software every week to look at grain contracts and inventories, past activities, rates that inputs were applied to fields, and everything in between. The support has also been excellent, whenever we have an issue we can call our CSM or chat into support and find the answer to whatever problem we are experiencing.

Granular delivers the closest thing to an all in one management package for the farmer. The best things about the software are input inventory management, grain inventory management, and field activity record keeping.

The financial side of Granular has been the most cumbersome piece of the software to use. Once you wrap your head around it, it makes more sense but getting there took awhile for our farm. Granular is always looking for feedback to make the product better, so I have no doubt that they will continue to improve this portion of their software.

Garrett
Farmer - CFO in USA

Granular is the premier provider of software allowing farmers to track everyday tasks in the field.

As an organic grain (corn, soybeans, and small grains) producer, raising corn and soybeans on over 5,000 acres we are in and out of fields almost 20 times on each individual tract. The ability to track our operations on a daily, hourly, and by-the-minute basis is very beneficial. Granular helps me with this every day. By tracking my activity I am able to gather data to accurately bill out our various farming entities and landlords. It also allows me to reconcile my budgets on a daily basis. To me, Granular is a way to gather data that can be used at a later time. Data is key in our operation.

It has more capabilities than I even know what to do with. One factor that Granular prides itself on is its financial capabilities. My particular operation doesn't use this, but I know it's available.

Clint

Granular Review

Kommentare: Absolutely perfect. Excellent customer service and everything.

The whole Granular software helps me track my cost not only per crop basis but per field basis. I really Like how you can plan your whole year out with their crop plans.

At first it was a little difficult getting all the boundaries done right.

Antwort von Granular

Clint--Thank you for your glowing review. We feel very grateful that you give Granular your business year after year, and that we're able to help you track some of the most important metrics on your operation.

Dustin
General Manager in USA

Granular Business for a PA grain farming operation

Kommentare: Very positive. The customer service is outstanding.

It gives us the ability to plan and track all costs, inputs and tasks related to each field. Our grain farming operation is spread out over a large number of small fields and this software gives us the tools to plan out inputs and the flexibility to update that plan throughout the season. The cost of production tools bring the software full circle and let us see the profitability of each field.

Some facets of the software require data to be entered for each field separately which can be very time consuming if you have a large number of fields. The Business software does not currently tie in with the Granular Insights agronomy software. But, I'm told they're working on that.

Steve

Smarter Choices

Kommentare: Granular has and continues to give me the information needed to make sound decisions, where as pre Granular, I felt like my decision making was more of a guess. I like how, Granular has not become content with were they are in the technology game, and continues to bring more to the table each and every year!!!

The ability to track, sort, and know down to each individual acres profitability!!!!

After 5 years of growth with Granular, I have no cons.

Bruce

Baker Bros Granular review

Kommentare: Outstanding experience. A big part is our support person [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. She is always available and a pleasure to work with

I most appreciate it’s thorough attention to detail. If willing to put in the time on inputting data, there’s no limit to the uses available

It is somewhat complicated to get used to. I also would like a better mechanism for tracking our hedge positions

Antwort von Granular

Thanks so much for your review! We're really proud of our support team. We're also always working to improve, so we'll share your feedback with the team.

Kris
USA
Landwirtschaft, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Best ERP system for production ag

Kommentare: Currently in third year of use. Granular's team is very much a partner in that they solicit feedback and involve the customer in the continued development/improvement of the system. We view the Granular team and software as an integral part of our operation to provide the data we need to make more timely and improved management decisions.

Ease of use Customer Support Development Team's knowledge and innovation

Cost

Jeremy
Manager in USA
Landwirtschaft, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Granular farm management software review

The ability to track inputs and work done on each field. Ease of accessing the information.

It took quite a bit of time to get everything set up. Minor issues with getting information recorded and put in the right place, but customer service has always been super helpful. They are new to some of the crops we grow, so that has caused some minor problems, but they have showed great interest in learning and growing to be able to serve this industry well.

Antwort von Granular

Jeremy--Thank you for putting in the time and effort to get your information into Granular. We're so thrilled to have your business and you're able to track both inputs and the work done on each field a little easier.

Jeana
CFO in USA
Landwirtschaft

Granular Review 2016

Kommentare: The Granular Team has been so good about helping us get set up and then helping with questions. They also listen to our feedback and implement changes in the software that continue to help our business.

Its very easy to use and accessible from any computer. Also, like the app on the phones for the guys to input data in the field.

Benjamin
VP in USA

A Review

Detail orientated data entry and capturing from inputs to custom work. Easy tracking of sales and tickets along with a helpful profit, revenue, cost graph.

A little hard to import scale CSV files if the file is not already in an existing format.

Antwort von Granular

Thanks for your positive (and honest!) review! And of course, thank you for being a Granular customer!

Brian
Partner in USA

We have had a great first year. Excellent support on start-up

Kommentare: Our farm honestly does not have any cons with the program at this time. They have worked hard at adding features to the program that are specialized for potato crops and multiple locations.

The software is easy to use and we can keep all of our field and application records in one place. The support we get from Granular is tremendous. The mobile app is a great tool for field entries. The ability to put actual costs to activities is an important and useful feature that this software brings to your figure tips.

rodney

Granular

Kommentare: Very positive experience. A huge step in becoming a better manager of my farm.

customer support is fabulous. Task management was a benefit that was more useful than I had imagined.

Doesn't accomplish all the goals I had for the product.

Antwort von Granular

We're so happy to hear that Granular has helped you to become a better manager of your operation, Rodney! We're proud of our Customer Success team, we're glad you think they are fabulous too!

Mead

New Customer

Kommentare: Overall the experience has been good in terms of the great support we get from our Granular team. It has been a challenge learning the program and they have helped us greatly.

I like being able to understand profitability at a field level instead of just the crop.

The product is expensive and typically takes more than one year to fully implement to understand if a new user will benefit.

Antwort von Granular

Appreciate your honest review, Mead! We're glad to hear that you feel more confident in knowing your field-level profitability now that you have Granular on your farm. Thank you for your business!

Verbraucherdienste

My farm runs better now

Here's the thing, I love the fact that this software helps me run my farm. I mean, I'm a farmer so I need something to help!

I can't really get around how to use it, it could just be the fact that there's a learning curve - it would be really nice to get some training on this!

Austin

Austin neuman

Kommentare: Been a great experience!

Ease of use and being able to access from anything with a internet connection. The mobile app for entering data and info saves a bunch of time.

I want more ways to filter grain contracts when using the app.