JobBOSS Bewertungen

von ECi Software Solutions

3.8/5

About JobBOSS

ECi JobBOSS bietet die notwendigen Business-Software-Tools, die du benötigst, um deine Fertigung effizient, produktiv und rentabel zu halten.

Erfahre mehr über JobBOSS

John M.
CFO
Chemikalien, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 21.11.2018

"JobBOSS as an ERP"

Kommentare: Overall we like the product and have good results with the support teams.

Vorteile: JobBOSS as a standalone is good, with some nice Crystal Reports added on. What makes it great is that there are quite a few add-ons available (for Quality, CRM, etc.) , plus it it stores all of its data in a SQL format that works well with Microsoft products.

Nachteile: I work mostly in the Finance/Accounting side of the business. There are some basic things that could be added in the next version upgrades.

von ECi Software Solutions an 26.11.2018

Hi John, Thank you for your recent review of JobBOSS! We appreciate your feedback in making our solutions better. Would you mind sharing the basic things you referred to that could be added to our next version upgrades? We would love the opportunity to pass this along to our software dev team. Thanks again and we appreciate you as a customer!

- The ECi Marketing Team

• Bewertet am 21.11.2018
Heidi R.
CSR/Office Operations
  • Bewertet am 10.5.2019

"Good for Shop Management, Has Some Quirks"

Vorteile: -This system does work well for managing active jobs as well as keeping all the historical information on jobs run in the past. It's easy to look up jobs in the system, see how much you've charged in the past, see what machines you ran it on, see how many times you've run it, etc.
-The visibility between the shop and the office is very helpful - we use the data collection function, and the office can look at any job and see where it's at in process and who has scanned into the job.
-System links well - you can capture labor, material, machining and outside services all on the same job easily and efficiently.
-Integrates well with quickbooks for invoicing.
-Customer service is easy to contact and fairly knowledgeable (some reps are better than others, sometimes I've had to call multiple times for the same question but I do eventually get an answer)
-System design is clean and straightforward.

Nachteile: -The system has a lot of quirks that you can work around but just seem inefficient (ie you can't make a machine or work center inactive. This doesn't make sense for shops that upgrade machines and get rid of old or malfunctioning ones.)
-The reports are helpful to a point - basically they are helpful if all of your information is entered exactly how JobBoss requires it to be entered. Sometimes you don't know you are entering something wrong until the report comes up looking very wrong, and it can be tricky to figure out where your settings need to be adjusted for the report to come out correctly. Once you know how to run everything, it's easy to repeat.

• Bewertet am 10.5.2019
Taylor P.
Project Engineer
Luft- & Raumfahrt, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 15.2.2020

"New to JoBOSS"

Kommentare: I have enjoyed JobBOSS's versatility so far. I have been working with our IT department to tailor costing reports to streamline our weekly engineering reports our teams must complete. With it being a massive database, I am able to query information and assign it to cells to provide on the spot information in one place rather than performing a multitude of clicks to produce a simple report.

Vorteile: One must take my review with a grain of salt, as I am still striving to gain a working understanding of this, seemingly, robust software. My job involves creating quote packages, and JobBOSS is a very straightforward program that allows me to outline my job routings and accurately reflect the time, work cell, and costs a project requires to get it from PO to shipment.

Nachteile: Our IT group could probably speak more to this; however, doing my own research when it comes to troubleshooting via the internet (Google, etc.), there is not a whole lot to pull from that is "free". Sure, there are some base level, 5 minute tutorials, that perhaps scrape the surface of what you are trying to achieve, but I assume this is where JobBOSS is able to gain/retain customers by providing expert service.

• Bewertet am 15.2.2020
Chad M.
Production Manager
  • Bewertet am 14.11.2019

"Exact JobBOSS review"

Kommentare: Good Service generally and helpful on custom apps. We have done a bunch of them!

Vorteile: Good first level entry product. Lots of options for expansion. Priced well. works well for most of what we do

Nachteile: Could be easier to use. Search in fields could search the whole field instead of just in order. Need ability to reschedule batches of jobs or ops. Looking in the future to need better paperless abilities for the floor. This would be drawings, capacity dashboards. Also as things become more connected we are going to need ability to integrate to nesting

• Bewertet am 14.11.2019
William B.
Mechanical Engineer
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 30.12.2016

"Archaic & Tedious"

Kommentare: Archaic and Tedious is exactly how I would describe Exact JobBoss. There are significant limitations in the software to consider up front. Part numbers are limited to 30 Characters. Drawing numbers are limited to 16 characters. General Description field is limited to 30 characters. Their answer to this is to provide an extended description dialog box. But you can not see the value of extended description in any sort of list view, therefore you can not see the complete description of your materials or parts anyplace until you generate quote document, or purchase order document, or a report. The general Description field will clip your description. It will let you enter more than 30 characters. But if you save and exit, then open the same quote it will have clipped the description to 30 characters. The UI is not user-friendly despite other reviews. I seriously doubt they have conducted usability and ergonomics studies with actual customers. It is very easy to get off track and be very disorganized with materials. Where it should have a good predefined material structure. The reporting side is very limited unless you are familiar with programming Crystal reports yourself. If you are building a product structure where multiple components use the same material, there is no way to add the same material to multiple components at once. You can copy material from one component to another, however, you cannot copy just a single material. For example, the component that I am copying from may have 5 materials in it. I have to copy all 5 materials into the target component then delete the materials I don't want in it. Same way with copying routings. A tech support rep argued this with me via email. To convince him I was correct and it was not possible I had to take a video of my screen attempting to copy one material and send that to him. Only then did he come off his position that it was possible. I can not see both the routings of a component and the materials of a component at the same time. They are two separate view windows you have to click back and forth in. Likewise, you cannot see the materials in multiple components at once. You have to click back and forth between the components you are interested in. If they rearranged their UI you could do some of these things, because there is plenty of room on your average size monitor screen. I have a 24" monitor and at a comfortable resolution, JobBoss is really only utilizing about 50% of my display space with actual pertinent information and controls. It's very easy to accidentally delete things and there are not many places where you can Undo, so if you accidentally delete something you are SOL. There is no way to add additional custom properties to a component. For example, I can not have Customer Part # and Our Part#. There are unforeseen nuances as well with formatting as well. If you enter a value in Vendor Reference field or Detail Number, then it overwrites the space for Extended Description on our Purchase Orders with Vendor Reference or Detail Number instead. You can not delete a material that has been used in a job. Unfortunately, we have a terrible material database with poorly named materials. We would like to replace the badly named materials with new materials that make more sense. But there is no good way to do this. Once a material has been used, closed, or scheduled it can not be deleted. It can only be inactivated. But what I want to do is replace it completely. Now they will say that they have a replace functionality, but it is really a rename functionality. But you can only rename one material at a time. So it's not really a replace function. Lastly, if you have limited seats you can set a user sign out after a period of time. However, I have found that if you walk away and have not saved your quote or job and it auto signs you out, it DOES NOT always save it for you. So you may lose work that you have done since last save.

Vorteile: It has quoting, materials, costing, and scheduling, and job status capabilities.

Nachteile: Sadly the UI is severely lacking. And it seems not much thought is given to usability and efficiency.

• Bewertet am 30.12.2016
Suki A.
VPO
Maschinerie, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

"Solid ERP System"

Kommentare: JobBOSS has allowed us to quickly create work orders from quotes which has saved time. Scheduling on JobBOSS has helped our supervisors/foreman plan much better than before.

Vorteile: I like that I can run the complete shop through one software. From quoting, purchasing, quality, scheduling and tracking. It has made operations run much smoother with all the information in one place.

Nachteile: The accounting module was not the best when we first started using it. I believe it has gotten better but have not used it again.

Daniel S.
Manufacturing Engineer
Sport, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

"Great ERP system"

Kommentare: Jobboss has been a great ERP system for our size company. It has allowed us to keep track of material jobs, and get things done in our fast paced environment.

Vorteile: This software is very easy to use, make changes to. Provides great visibility to see the status of jobs. Very easy to quote jobs, collect production data, and keep us running.

Nachteile: No Complaints, it has allowed us to do everything that we need to stay running on a daily basis.

Irma A.
Finance Manager
Automotive, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

"Solid ERP System. "

Kommentare: planning and scheduling

Vorteile: Easy to work ERP system. well rounded system that caters to different industries

Nachteile: job costing needs more work Job Costing needs user friendly implementation as well as BOM

Jim S.
Operation Manager
Medizinische Geräte, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 12.11.2019

"Review"

Kommentare: Positive

Vorteile: Flexibility of allowing different materials and operations

Nachteile: Inttragration with the latest technology. Drawings tagged to jobs. Make our shop paperless

• Bewertet am 12.11.2019
Shayna G.
Acctg Mgr

"Great ERP system"

Kommentare: Great system for custom job shops

Vorteile: Ease of use. all features needed for custom job shop

Nachteile: Hard to undo mistakes - cumbersome at times.

Brian B.
Operations Manager
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 24.2.2017

"JobBoss - Simple enough but still lots of horsepower for a smaller job shop"

Kommentare: I came on board with my employer in October 2014. They had been using JobBoss for over 10 years. With my ERP background, I quickly discovered that my employer wasn't taking advantage of many of the available utilities, including the Scheduling module. Within 3 months I had all 30 of our machining centers, plus all of the secondary resources and operations, set up and testing completed. Routings were stripped back and rebuilt with proper resource requirement setups to ensure proper scheduling of work and proper timing and load representation. Shift and holiday calendars were constructed properly. We turned on Scheduling in February 2015. With the first pass of the global scheduler (running infinite loading and allowing schedules in the past) we came out with a past-due backlog of some 4000 hours. After updating job progress on about 150 jobs, realigning a few things and making some setup tweaks, we realized that we were still over 2000 hours past due. However, we now had the theoretical start and end dates to work with, we could time materials properly, and could graph our loads to see what we were doing to ourselves with our booking practices. Since then, we have improved our utility of the system across the board. Raw material and finished goods inventories are accurate, so we can now use the Material Planning functionality. Raw material issues due to planning are non-existent. PO's for outside processing are now accurately priced, timed, and generated straight from the job routing. Use of Picks, Transfers, and Extra Quantities have given our inventory transactions full transparency. I look forward to Unite 2017 when I can see hands-on what other companies are doing to tap this system's potential!

Vorteile: Simple navigation, use of Favourites shortcuts, level of complexity is perfect for smaller organizations.

Nachteile: Would like to be able to access more information directly from the Job (ie from an outside process, be able to access the Purchase Order that is linked to it).

Roy E.
Planning
Kunststoffe, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

"One of the best"

Kommentare: I have used JobBoss for the last 6 years and it's great for a shop like ours with custom products. It handles everything from the initial customer quote to turning it into a sales order, defining specific jobs and component jobs all the way through shipping and invoicing. The various processes you might need are logically organized into modules which make performing specific tasks easy. The downside is the occasional lack of communication between the modules requiring you to complete some information multiple times. The only reason I did not give 5 stars across the board is the inability to look at the big picture (all open orders), drill down to the semi-big picture (a specific sales order), and so on down to the minutest detail. If you are looking at any of these areas by itself JobBoss is a great tool that does a terrific job at helping you manage a project; it could use a little tweaking to help you really manage multiple projects with ease.

Vorteile: The level of detail available about any project, material requirements for the project, routing steps, and tracking of progress.
A complete system available to manage every aspect of the shop from scheduling of employees and jobs, payroll, materials, and more.
XML support to allow you to use external programs to exchange data with JobBoss.

Nachteile: Inability to really drill down from a broad overview of projects in the shop down to specific details of a single job.
Customer support for using XML extremely limited. Poor documentation on using it.
Does not allow you to require completion of a routing step before beginning the next. Ability to track progress is 100% dependent upon employees logging into a job and recording their progress without any enforcement policy within the program.

Scott K.
Production Scheduler/Data Analyst/Custom Report Writer
  • Bewertet am 16.2.2017

"Solid Product with good flexability"

Kommentare: Our company has now used JobBOSS for around 4 years. We have found that the user interface is quite intuitive and straightforward to use. This is a plus when training new people on the system. Functionally, it has met most of the needs that we purchased it for. We loved the idea behind the scheduling module, but have found it to not be a good fit with our shop. We are primarily a custom high mix, low volume shop. This leads to many jobs that have potential to run in more than one pathway on the floor and most jobs are first run where we do not have a history of expected production run times to fall back on. We also have split our shop floor into three self directed production cells that have a fair amount of cross work. The self direction means many production decisions are made at the cell level and not at a command level. Because of these factors, we found that matching our shop floor to the scheduling module was exceptionally difficult unless we were willing to dedicate a full time person to keeping it accurate. In the end, we believe that the scheduling module would work better in a higher volume production environment with more of a top down command structure than how we operate. The reports that come with JobBOSS are reasonable, however, we have found that digging deeper into the data (at least the directions we looked) required special reporting. It is handy to have someone on staff who is comfortable working with SQL tables, data mining and creating custom reports. Exact does offer custom report creating. Just remember, it come at additional cost.

Vorteile: As someone who does look behind the scenes and works to dig data out of the system, I am impressed with the amount of information that JobBOSS does capture. Additionally, it is quite well organized in its structure. On the front end, the user interface is intuitive and lends itself to easy training.

Nachteile: Reporting. The stock reports are reasonable for a company that does not need to dig into its data very deeply. But the analysis at deeper levels would either require purchasing many custom reports or have someone on staff that can dig into the data and create custom reports. The scheduling module works best in an environment with minimal chance of perturbation. Systems that have a high degree of variation become hard to model accurately.

Jim U.
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung
    3.5/5
  • Bewertet am 13.2.2014

"We have used JobBOSS in our Mixmode Jobshop for 5 years."

Vorteile: The biggest advantage that we see in JobBOSS is that it is well-suited to the small manufacturer and job shop. The modules are functional for our day-to-day operations, which allowed us to standardize and increase our workload and throughput by at least 20%. The interface is user-friendly. We were able to implement the software very quickly compared to the software we were using. The workstations in the shop have given us a good handle on time collection. We also use the QuickBooks integration and it works flawlessly. Exact employees are very friendly and knowledgeable about their product. We get answers to our questions very quickly, and they are very helpful in solving problems we incur. The online portal is a huge asset for training new users and enhancements to the software’s customization.

Nachteile: As good as the program is, there is room for improvement. We think it is just a few enhancements away from greatness. The software has several glitches that have not been fixed in the five years we have been using it. For example, you lose the information you are entering into a job or purchase order if another user is updating a related job or material. Sometimes, the software locks up and has to be forced to close and restart. This usually happens when you are trying to delete a raw material in a Job and select a different material; it's some kind of access violation. The updates of information changes between modules is slow and can be frustrating. For example, if a raw material is received from a PO and you want to add that material to a job and pick it from the inventory, you have to close the jobs module and reopen it to get the new inventory update; this should occur instantly. A few other enhancements would be nice (e.g.: autofill on names fields, uses of Return key to tab between fields, and a simpler method of customizing basic forms like can be done in QuickBooks). We purchased the ShopBoss scheduling module with high hopes of solving our delinquent deliveries. After about two years of trying to implement this module, we abandoned it for our old manual method. The JobShop module needs a simpler and more flexible scheduling module. it requires way too much time in operator maintenance to keep it functional. In a job shop environment the schedule has to stay on the balls of its feet because the priorities are always changing. We can do the job faster than we can change the schedule in JobBoss.

• Bewertet am 13.2.2014
Shari P.
Software Implementation
Metallabbau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 21.2.2017

"JobBOSS Works!"

Kommentare: JobBOSS is an integrated database that connects all our departments and data in one place and keeps our company and employees accountable to a system that provides us with solid and accurate information for daily operation and planning for the future. Although intuitive, JobBOSS is not out-of-the-box, first-day user-ready--so plan ahead and take advantage of the excellent training resources available. JobBOSS Customer Support is top notch. We were already working—but now with a little implementation, JobBOSS is working for us. JobBOSS works—and helps us work smarter!

Vorteile: I like the way all of the JobBOSS modules are interconnected, sharing data, and referencing all of the modules together. JobBOSS is a well-designed database that allows our company to manage all of our operations in one resource. From scheduling to inventory, to payroll, to bookkeeping, JobBOSS works for us. The Customer Portal is a huge asset, providing video training, online support, support documents, and an experienced and professional staff of Customer Support representatives that have always responded to any software support request within 24 hours--and normally within just a few hours.

Nachteile: This product has so many elements, that it requires a strong software support person on location. JobBOSS requires much thought and preparation prior to implementation, but a company who does their research and commits to a dedicated effort before launching JobBOSS will quickly reap the rewards for the front-end effort.

• Bewertet am 21.2.2017
Chris G.
Metallabbau
    1.5/5
  • Bewertet am 15.5.2015

"Limited functionality"

Vorteile: Pretty easy to learn. Support staff are nice and helpful and they always walk me through anything I've mucked up. The program is easy to use, it's not real complicated, more user friendly then some packages out there.

Nachteile: Limited functionality. I came from an Oracle (manufacturing) background and I find getting the information I need out of JobBoss is very frustrating. I wasn't expecting anything close to what I had before but some items seem like they should just be common sense. You cannot run a backlog with rev's for the parts, unless you pay extra. I do accounting as well as customer support and I find it very difficult to pull the information I need in one report so I have to cut and paste. Plus exporting in to Excel the formatting is not great. I have to reformat everything. Lastly, to had an extra person to the users (extra license/seat) is crazy expensive. Almost twice the amount of the maintenance agreement. And if you upgrade, they do everything remotely so you have to do all the stuff on your end - and of course everything you want or need as a cost. On the plus side, the program is pretty easy to learn and navigate. The customer support staff are pleasant and for a small company - I guess the value is okay. It was already here when I came so I don't have much to compare it to. I do know we are not using the functionality the way we should and I wish I could find a consultant locally that could just come sit with me for a couple of hours. Trying to do stuff over the phone or email is time consuming and inefficient and I don't want to pay the cost of flying someone here only to be told I have to pay extra for everything.

• Bewertet am 15.5.2015
Matthew F.
  • Bewertet am 19.3.2012

Kommentare: Starr Manufacturing Inc. has been using JobBoss for over 10 years. During this time, Starr has more than doubled the number of employees in production and grown from a $5M a year company to over $12M in yearly sales. This would not have been possible without our ERP backbone, JobBoss. Starr has purchased and utilizes just about every module JobBoss has to offer. The top reasons for Starr's success in using JobBoss are: - The ease and accuracy of setting up detailed quotes or job templates for one time or repetitive work and then launching very detailed information packets to the production floor. This has minimized the amount of work in process questions and the cost of quality.
- The MRP and inventory control functions have allowed Starr to minimize on hand raw material balances by 70% or almost $1M. By using JobBoss and some lean efforts to track and purchase materials we have the correct amounts of material when we need it but not in excess tying up valuable cash flow.
- Another huge step in our ability to service customer accounts was the implementation of customer parts inventory systems. We are able to define certain common customer parts as finished goods, and to produce them in larger batches using our MRP reports rather than producing one part at a time to a particular order.
- Data Collection has drastically improved our job cost reporting and eliminated the need for 1-2 employees to manually enter in old job transactions days or weeks after they occurred. This has transformed all of our JobBoss status reports. Giving us vital data to make important business decisions.
- Lastly JobBoss's integration with Exact Synergy has allowed Starr to go almost completely paperless with regards to our ISO 9001: 2008 quality system among many other benefits Synergy brings to the table. The document control feature and most importantly the definable process flows Synergy adds, ensure that quality processes are addressed promptly and by the correct people at all times. ISO audits have never been easier and participation by employees in the quality process has never been simpler and less dreaded.
Starr could not generate or facilitate the amount of sales, with as few administrative employees that we have, without using this ERP solution. Exact Software and the JobBoss developers have been listening to customer feedback and we cannot wait to see some of the upcoming enhancements the team has made to make JobBoss an even better tool.

Jonathan R.
Engineer
Luft- & Raumfahrt, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

"Good for the price"

Kommentare: Job Boss is a comprehensive package for resource management, from receiving raw materials to scheduling jobs and shipping orders. Integration with 3rd party quality management systems is good. Custom report writing for Job Boss is a must, but thankfully Exact employs a very knowledgeable consultation team to help. The software contains some bugs and is missing some features, but support is always on top completing support requests and explaining how to use modules. We've only implemented 75% of Job Boss (Sales, Purchasing, Accounting, and Shipping), but we are excited to start running Job's in the middle of 2017 and fully realize this software's full potential.

Vorteile: Comprehensive ERP system includes modules and features for all aspects of Production, Sales and Purchasing.
Helpful support staff is always willing to spend the time necessary to answer questions.
Good integration with Unipoint Quality Management Software.
Flexible reports easily modified by Crystal Reports.
Frequent Updates, we are excited to see what Exact brings in the years to come.

Nachteile: No support for maintaining multiple revisions for parts with the same material names.
Job Boss cannot track Materials Lots to Packlists for Sales Orders with multiple Lots and multiple Packlists.
Data Entry is inconsistent among various modules, search screens and report filters.
Purchasing Module is clunky. Revision tracking sometimes prevents the user from saving work.

Alexandra W.
Process Engineer
  • Bewertet am 2.1.2018

"Jobboss has been a great tool in improving our production management. "

Kommentare: We've spent the time to setup each module in Jobboss to ensure we can run our shop as efficiently as possible. It's really saved us a lot of headaches and ultimately helped with job costing.

Vorteile: If the time is taken to setup each module that suits your company there are so many benefits to using Jobboss.
The live data that can be collected from production. This helps with inventory, shop efficiency, job costing, management, documentation etc..
Another great aspect is the Shop Alerts feature which allows you to setup triggers in the system via email, text, & Jobboss' messaging system. Our system is setup to send an email whenever a pack slip is made, this helps manage our shipping department. We also have an alert to email whenever there is an excess amount of scrap for a job. These are just a few examples of the alerts we have setup in our system.
There are so many aspects of Jobboss that ultimately help with managing production control.

Nachteile: Majority of Jobboss' cons are minor.
I had to "clear" out most of the garbage that was saved in Jobboss prior to processing each module out. If there is any activity against a material or operation you cannot simply delete it. You have to go through and delete each transaction against that material or operation, or obsolete it using the Find & Replace utility. If you set your system up right from the start this will not be an issue for you.
There are certain default settings in Jobboss that cannot be changed. One example is the shape under Raw material; there are only 19 default shapes that can be chosen.
There will always be minor cons that you will run into when setting up a system for your business.

• Bewertet am 2.1.2018
Jason T.
  • Bewertet am 19.3.2012

Kommentare: We are a small manufacturing company (about 30 employees.) We have been in business since 1987 and have gone through a few systems prior to JobBOSS. Previous to JobBOSS we were using a program that would only run on an old UNIX system and the company we purchased it from was no longer in business. We researched a few companies after the decision was reached to switch to something more up to date and JobBOSS came to the front for a number of reasons. When we purchased JobBOSS back in 2002 they were not part of Exact. We felt that a smaller local company with a track record of success would provide us with more personalized support should issues arise. The ability to access the data directly (via MS Access or SQL) was important to us. With our old product the data was in a black box that we had no direct control over. The price was competitive for the features offered. Since purchasing the software in 2002, we have continued to be impressed by their support and commitment to their customers. We like that JobBOSS surveys customers for improvements that they add to the software. This makes us feel like we are really a part of the team and our opinions and needs matter. Support is, for the most part, very responsive. Short hold times and support representatives are friendly and knowledgeable. Since being purchased by Exact, JobBOSS’s commitment to customers and service hasn’t diminished. (As can be typical when smaller businesses are acquired) We like the ability to schedule our shop floor using the program. As well as how interconnected all aspects of the manufacturing processes are in this program. If material is late in arriving it lets you know the schedule is going to be affected. Before we purchased JobBOSS, scheduling was accomplished using paper/binders and calling or running back in forth to different people to get status updates. With JobBOSS all our information is a click away. The program had about a month long learning period but to get up and running it only took about a week. The program is also fairly intuitive, in our opinion, so that helps lessen the learning curve. I would have little trouble recommending Exact JobBOSS to any manufacturing shop. It has helped us become more aware of the bottlenecks in our own shop. It also provides in-depth insight into the entire manufacturing process from quote to shipment.

David F.
Quality Systems Manager
  • Bewertet am 25.9.2019

"Solid ERP System"

Kommentare: We do not utilize JobBoss to it's full potential and are currently exploring ways to utilize more of the benefits provided. It does help create meaningful process instructions that helps the manufacturing process flow more smoothly. It helps track shipments and OTD which is beneficial to our organization.

Vorteile: JobBoss is a great system for integrating all aspects of manufacturing industries. We use it to generate shop travelers, create purchase orders and oversee outside processes. It gathers data from all areas of the organization and presents it in an understandable and insightful format.

Nachteile: My one compliant is the inability to delete old/obsolete data. We have a lot of obsolete raw materials in the system that have not been used in years, but since they have been used in previous records, it cannot be removed. This makes it difficult to set up a new numbering/coding system because the user has to work around obsolete/redundant data.

• Bewertet am 25.9.2019
Chris R.
Engineer
Maschinerie, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 21.2.2020

"JobBOSS Daily User"

Kommentare: JobBOSS is geared toward small job shops. The software interface is not intuitive and is frankly unrefined. JobBOSS will suffice for a small shop running simple jobs. But if you are a larger organization with any level of job complexity beyond the most basic, look elsewhere.

Vorteile: JobBOSS functions well for generating basic jobs, quotes, routings, and bills of materials. Basic raw materials and purchased components can be managed as well.

Nachteile: JobBOSS is job centric, not part centric. If you are a manufacturer running repeat parts or part families, this software is lacking. The interface is cumbersome, and often lacking in basic functionality. For example, there are areas in the software where once you start an operation you cannot back up if you've made a mistake. You can also lose data you've typed in without realizing it until after a report is created.

• Bewertet am 21.2.2020
Amy L.
  • Bewertet am 20.3.2012

Kommentare: Griffin Industries has been in business since 1983, and specializes in prototype and low lot machined castings. Working in the prototype world, timing is everything and our customers have come to expect quality parts in a short period of time. With the help of Exact JobBOSS and Synergy, we are able to see real time data for all of the jobs in our shop and manage them effectively. Throughout the years as Griffin grew, more and more excel spreadsheets and access databases were required to track the variety of information required. This often led to data entry errors, information not available when needed, and frustration throughout the organization. In 2008 we decided to pursue a software solution that was capable of handling the multitude of data required. We discovered Exact JobBOSS at IMTS in Chicago. After several demos and discussions with the sales staff at Exact, conversations with other Exact JobBOSS users, and internal meetings we made the decision to switch to Exact JobBOSS and Synergy. We went live in January of 2009 and have not looked back. Our implementation process went fairly smoothly, all things considered. I definitely recommend relying on the expertise of the consultants at Exact to help you through the conversion. They were able to review how we run our business, which helped us to let Exact JobBOSS do the work for us. Our biggest challenges were training shop floor personnel who had never touched a computer before to use Data Collection. Also, for the users to learn the system, to obtain the data they were looking for rather than relying on administrative support to supply it for them. Today we are using version 11.3.8 of Exact JobBOSS along with Exact Synergy ASP, and are very happy with it. We have eliminated almost all of the extra reports that were used outside of the system, to track information, with the reports supplied by JobBOSS. We have even written some custom reports. As a result, we have reduced our administrative staff from five full-time employees to three full-time employees. We continue to improve our processes and our use of the system. We look forward to upgrading to the newest 11.5 version of JobBOSS along with Synergy ESE with the help of the support staff at Exact.

• Bewertet am 20.3.2012
Bernard S.
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 16.2.2017

"Best investment I've made in 25 year of Manufacturing."

Kommentare: I own a small machine shop in Southern California and was using another product for a couple of years back in the early 1990's. I switched to Jobboss in the late 1990's and have never looked back. It is the complete package from quoting to job entry, purchasing, receivables and payables and job tracking. Most of my jobs are repeat orders and it's so easy to copy the information from the past time I ran the job to the new order. It populates the part number, description, revision, price, drawing number, operations and outside services and also the purchase history and material needs for the order. All you need to do is check the revision, price, quantity and enter the delivery date and it was done. Its a time saver when you can see what size, price and quantity of material as well as the vendor and create a purchase order for that from the Job Entry screen.

Vorteile: Ease of use and savings in time with regards to purchasing and costing jobs.

Nachteile: No complaints

Allison G.
Director of Operations
Luft- & Raumfahrt, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 16.2.2017

"Software that takes user feedback into consideration? Who knew?!"

Kommentare: I've used JobBoss for almost 11 years at a small machine shop that specializes in aerospace work. I've seen the software grow and change with updated revisions, each one more useful than the next. That's not to say the program has not been useful in the past - as the industry grows and changes, it's obvious that the company takes user feedback into consideration when improving the software.
The software is easy to use, and technical instructions (such as those for installation) and clear and thorough. Tech support is always knowledgeable and helpful.

Vorteile: It's perfectly geared to manufacturers. There are many ways to customize features and use what works for you - and don't use what doesn't work for you.

Nachteile: I'm not a terribly huge fan on Crystal (one of the options for reports).