Extraordinary item combined to the friendliest help in financial software

Bewertet am 11.5.2019
Russell F.
Managing Director

Kommentare: The most significant thing with this product is efficient. I adore everything about FreshBooks. It is a great application for specialists and little organizations. I have been utilizing it for as long as couple of years and rate it the best programming in the market. At whatever point I had issues, the help group helped me to determine them rapidly with successful arrangements.

Vorteile: Probably the main motivations we picked FreshBooks over other programming: *Incredibly smooth and simple to utilize interface *Ability to mark your own in hues just as include your logo *Each client can be doled out their own charging gateway login and you can have various customers under one organization however each have diverse username *Utilizes Braintree instalments (our essential vendor processor)
FreshBooks is quick and dependable suite for accounting.FreshBooks is an honour winning money and bookkeeping programming and a standout amongst the best cloud answers for entrepreneurs. It is the present holder of Finances Online's Best Accounting Software Award for 2016 just as the Supreme Software Award for 2016, and has the most noteworthy consumer loyalty rates of all comparative applications in this classification. As you will discover in this survey, there is a not insignificant rundown of reasons why our specialists considered FreshBooks for these esteemed affirmations.

Nachteile: *Reporting could be improved *Needs better compromise as far as parities. You can do day by day monetary records, yet I would prefer to have it ascertain how my business is getting along dependent on capital in our present record, at that point factor in what we earned and our costs. *Not useful for organizations that have stock, need stock administration (this I wouldn't really rate as a con nonetheless, on the grounds that Freshbooks was constructed and intended for SERVICE style organizations - for that it works incredible) *Reporting can't be opened in the portable application, you have to get to it through the program *To my insight, you can't maintain different organizations out of one record. We as of now have two organizations and are choosing on the off chance that we are going to open up a different Freshbooks account or if there is another choice that is more qualified for the second business.

Improvements need to keep coming ....

Bewertet am 27.12.2018
Chris S.
Designer
Grafikdesign, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I've been a FreshBooks customer for YEARS and I do like them. I've ridden it out through all the changes and just dealt with how interfaces change and prices change. In the past few years there have been a lot more freelancer payment management systems that have come along. I've looked around, but I find myself staying with what is comfortable even though something else may be better. Fear of the unknown I guess, and not wanting to learn a new system while I'm busy working. I just think there could be some improvements made since the last major interface update. It was like a whole OS upgrade and then no new updates for the past few years -- other than pricing tier changes. There is no sense that FreshBooks is looking to improve and listen to their customers about what features they need or would like to see. Just my opinion and view. I could be very wrong. Thanks.

Vorteile: Over the years, FreshBooks has made efforts to improve its service and update the levels of programs. The latest change they made to the interface has improved some things but other parts have been left behind and I've personally not seen any updates or changes in the past few years. What I like MOST is what they started with years ago -- the ability to remind clients at the 30, 60, 90 day marks to pay their bills. However, the interface to set that feature up changed a few years ago with their major update and it's not as intuitive now.

Nachteile: I do NOT like the timer starting off before you even choose what project you are working on. This is a SIMPLE FIX. I asked about it years ago and was told that -- yah, basically you launch the timer and then click the pause button while you work out what project you are on -- then start the timer again. Not a good design. I do NOT like setting up a new project and having a ton of task all added to this new project that I have to deselect -- about 20 or so that I have to remove each time -- and then add in the correct task for that project. I do NOT like having to deal with setting default payment settings and reminders for each client I set-up. Can't that just be a universal default setting to turn on? I do NOT like having service tiers change and being told the level I was previously on is changing and this new level will cost more -- and that's what I have to accept now. I'm a independent contractor and I have few clients -- I don't need the next level. But ... whatever.

Stellar customer service. Simple interface.

Bewertet am 18.12.2018
Erica B.
Content Designer
Design, Selbstständig

Kommentare: FreshBooks helps me do the essential tasks of invoices and expenses while also helping me get a big picture view of my business's financial health.

Vorteile: I started my freelance business nearly 3 years ago, and after initial struggles with Quickbooks (I even had a 2-hour training session with a Quickbooks instructor who just further confused me), I put off dealing with the financial side of my business for over a year (until my CPA was hounding me for tax stuff). Upon the recommendation of another freelancing friend, I decided to give FreshBooks a try. I finally got FreshBooks up and running, and I was amazed at how much it relieved my stress, rather than adding to it. The basic setup is simple and straight-forward, but as my business has grown, I've been impressed with little tricks built into FreshBooks that helps me save time and get a better overall view of my business. Also, I don't think I've ever experienced such consistently helpful and friendly customer service. Any time I call with a question, the person on the phone is empowered to help me out.

Nachteile: There are even more integrations and advancements that I think FreshBooks could offer to be even better. Here are a few examples: + I'd love to be able to do some kind of forecasting of income based either on draft invoices for project currently in the works, or estimates that have been accepted. + I wish I could set up estimates so clients could accept/reject specific line items so that I could send one estimate with different options, rather than multiple different estimates. + I wish I could apply discounts to specific line items in the invoices rather than the subtotal of the entire invoice so I could discount my services without discounting passed-along expenses I incur. I've shared such feedback and other minor requests with the FreshBooks team, and they've sounded receptive, so I hope updates/upgrades like these will one day be available.

Free accounting apps never worked for me. Finally bit the bullet and am in major LOVE w Freshbooks.

Bewertet am 29.7.2018
Co-Producer, Writer, Media Manager

Vorteile: This might make me sound superficial but the first thing I loved about Freshbooks was the interface. The icons, the buttons, the way everything looks is so so appealing to me. And it made me want to use the trial version (I did this a little more than 1 year ago). Using it made me feel like I was getting my financial act together. Which it later did, btw. The time tracker is the best... time saver for me. It records time and then adds everything together in a way that nothing else really did. It seems so obvious but nothing I was using before helped track my hours this way. This is the thing that used to drive me round the bend when it came time to invoicing clients. I used to delay invoicing (aka "getting paid") because my own system was terrible..and I could not find a better way until finally deciding that maybe I needed to pay for something to help me. I like the notes section for the time entries. I like how flexible it is to shift recorded time entries around or update the text to better describe what work I actually did. I also love the support from Freshbooks. They're super responsive and extremely helpful. They do not waste my time with a lot of blather I've experienced in so many other customer service situations (like repeating back to me the question I just proferred). They include screenshots and precise language to answer my questions. Also: Expenses in FB. I now go out of my way to add in expenses as they come w/o avoiding them.

Nachteile: I recommended Freshbooks to a friend of mine who started using it right away. Then he had trouble with a really difficult client he'd billed using Freshbooks. This client (I subcontracted with the friend so am aware of what all happened) contested all of my friend's work and refused payment after paying the Freshbooks invoice. And Freshbooks allowed the chargeback to happen. I think other software does not allow this --- for example, my friend now uses Quickbooks as a result. I have also experienced some quirks when it came to adding new jobs to repeat clients. This is likely my own error but it's not something I've cared to reach out to the support team to question. I also have not downloaded a year's incoming and outgoing details to give to an accountant. So I don't know how well that all works. Again, my own thing, and not necessarily on them.

FreshBooks provides small businesses with some of the best invoicing and billing features available.

Bewertet am 12.7.2018
Randall B.
IT Support Specialist
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Billing and invoicing were made much easier using this software.

Vorteile: FreshBooks gives small businesses a well-designed and intuitive user interface that can easily be used for a variety of different functions, most notably billing, and invoicing. Users are given a wide array of attractive template designs to choose from when creating invoices, allowing for catchy, yet professional looking documents. FreshBooks also provides users with tools for team collaboration, estimates, and projects, all of which can be easily navigated and set up to increase your small businesses' ability to maximize communication, send automatic reminders, submit proposals, and secure jobs with relative ease. As an accounting package, FreshBooks also provides users with the ability to perform some fundamental bookkeeping and accounting functions, has some bank reconciliation functions, enables you to accept online credit card payments, and provides many of these features via their full-featured mobile application. Last but not least, FreshBooks provides excellent customer service from the start. A detailed and easily followed tutorial will help new users get started, while their well-trained staff is always ready to provide users with answers to any questions or issues they may encounter. FreshBooks is very proud of their customer service and their customer satisfaction rating, and it really shows when you speak with one of their representatives.

Nachteile: One limitation in FreshBooks as an accounting package is the fact that they utilize single-entry accounting. While this may not be an obvious flaw to a new small business owner, it will become apparent as more accounts are created, employees are hired, and payment options are implemented. Single-entry accounting is quick and simple, but it certainly leaves something to be desired. Over the years some application updates have diminished or completely removed some useful features, like service and customer records, and inventory tracking, all of which were very convenient and helpful features.

Great product paired to the friendliest support in financial software.

Bewertet am 18.5.2018
Richard I.
Chief Door Stop

Kommentare: The biggest benefit we receive is how easy it is to send invoices and get paid online. Freshbooks makes this a lot easier than some of the other solutions we've tried over the years.

Vorteile: Freshbooks is a simple and straight-forward accounting solution. It's delivered with relatively small amount of standard accounting categories so you're not overwhelmed placing expenses into their proper buckets and adding new categories is quite easy. Our business doesn't have a ton of complex expenses - and if yours does, Freshbooks might not be a good fit. What we love about Freshbooks is how straight-forward their invoicing system has been. It's easy to create recurring invoicing and it integrates with popular credit card processors to facilitate easy online payments. Perhaps the attribute that has kept us with Freshbooks through the years is their customer service - it's amazing. Customer service has always been super friendly, easy to understand, and they always seen eager to help. This interest and willingness to be helpful goes a long way.

Nachteile: The only con we've experienced with Freshbooks is their limited subscription levels. We've exceed their standard top level package but we're not quite big enough to financially justify a custom/enterprise package. It seems Freshbooks is ideal for customers with a lot of recurring transactions - which, we have more individual transactions than recurring so this is part of our problem. Regardless, Freshbooks staff has always been quite helpful in offering up solutions to help us make the most of our subscription limits (500 active clients).

FreshBooks is a reliable and fast accounting suite for complex financial management

Bewertet am 12.1.2018
Gaurav C.
Senior Business Analyst

Kommentare: A complete makeover FreshBooks developers understand the struggle of small teams to handle complex accounting projects and deliver efficient results. Just as easy as you know it to be Back in the days, a team of developers decided to design an easy, intuitive, and non-accountant friendly finance management app, and promised their users that this approach will never change. Mobile-friendly and accessible FreshBooks is considerably good at following trends, and the best proof of it are the mobile platform add-ons for iOS and Android devices, allowing you to access data and do accounting regardless of your location. Saves billing time like no other app FreshBooks redesigned its time tracking for billing purposes by allowing companies to accept payment online, and to do so via various payment gateways. Excellent invoice to payment features FreshBooks offers top rate invoice to payment features that can be used by all small businesses. For instance, you can track exactly when your customer opened your invoice email. Tracking expenses with handy snaps This feature comes handy if you need to liquidate expenses after a client meeting: you simply click a picture of the receipt and attach the snap to an item in FreshBooks to log the expense. racking working times even better than before The new version of the app allows you to becertain of the accuracy of your charges, and lets you have proof if a client decides to dispute them. You can even use the iOS and Android apps to track your working time in the field. Plus, it is easy to convert your work timesheet into an invoice and send it to clients for payments. A bright future As good as the new FreshBooks version may look now, it has only begun to develop. The company promises many advanced features in the near future, including bank accounts reconciliation, non-invoice income recording, and billing adjusted to enterprise-grade users. The innovative spirit is planned to spread on to reporting as well, and transform the scope of available integrations to help companies get paid for their efforts, time, and expertise. At the same time, FreshBooks Classic (as the old version is currently known) will remain active, but will constantly be absorbed within the new one's comprehensive productive suite.

Vorteile: businesses get to manage invoices and recurring subscriptions in less than no time, and collect online payments within the same system. In fact, FreshBooks enables Google Checkout, PayPal, and credit card payments, and integrates with a long list of business systems and applications that can streamline this process. With it, odds are good that you will unite financial control in a single system, and stop paying for the maintenance of complex software infrastructure. A considerable advantage of FreshBooks compared to other accounting apps is the availability of fully-functional mobile apps and add-ons you can get for Android and iOS devices. The apps allow you to bring the power and convenience of the software on location, and do accounting and access records whenever you wish to do so. As you can see, FreshBooks literally takes finances out of the office, but does so in a safe and seamless fashion.

Nachteile: Despite a wide range of excellent features users have pointed out a few minor things that can be improved in FreshBooks: its metrics, goal setting, and reporting features can be better. One user also found bugs in FreshBooks email click-throughs and automated expenses which did not function to his liking. Apart from these insignificant glitches, hoever, there is no doubt that FreshBooks is a top notch accounting product that can bring a lot to your accounting deparatament.

Freshbooks is the perfect solutions for service based businesses

Bewertet am 26.11.2015
Alexandra R.
Chief Executive Officer
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: We've used Freshbooks for quite sometime now in our business. When searching for billing software, I needed something smoothe, mobile and also that allowed for customer portals that could be branded to our company. This was a big deal for us, so we absolutely wanted to make sure it was a feature in whatever software it was and Freshbooks did just that. Freshbooks is super easy to use and handles everything from the customer accounts, to the invoicing to recurring charges and credits. At the end of the year, all the clients get a statement of their services they have paid for, and they never have to contact us about anything. They can review their bills at any time, and also accept estimates that are put together. It also is fabulous for integrations, and we currently use Google Apps, Gusto HQ and a few others to make it that much more effective.

Vorteile: Some of the biggest reasons we chose Freshbooks over other software: *Incredibly smooth and easy to use interface
*Ability to brand your own in colors as well as add your logo
*Each customer can be assigned their own billing portal login and you can have multiple clients under one company but each have different username
*Utilizes Braintree payments (our primary merchant processor)
*Integrates with Google Apps and Gusto HQ
*Flat rate for up to 5 users, we currently use the Might Oak Plan
*Team tracking and hour logging for projects (huge deal since we work with contractors and they also have a free contractor add on option)
*Mobile App is killer - I pop off invoices like it's nobody's business :)

Nachteile: *Reporting could be improved
*Needs better reconciliation in terms of balances. You can do daily balance sheets, but I would rather have it calculate how my business is doing based on capital in our current account, then factor in what we earned and our expenses.
*Not good for businesses that have inventory, need inventory management (this I wouldn't necessarily rate as a con however, because Freshbooks was built and designed for SERVICE style businesses - for that it works great)
*Reporting can't be opened in the mobile app, you need to access it via the browser
*To my knowledge, you can't run multiple businesses out of one account. We currently have two businesses and are deciding if we are going to open up a separate Freshbooks account or if there is another option that's better suited for the second business.

Super easy to use; I would love a few additions

Bewertet am 19.12.2018
Melissa B.
Principal
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Compared with the prior bookkeeping system I used, I've saved a lot of time with FreshBooks, in training (as noted above) and in actual entries. I can generate CSV/Excel sheets that allow me to do some customized reporting. My clients like the easy online payment process for credit card.

Vorteile: A professional colleagues introduced me to FreshBooks about 4 years ago. Since then I've had four different part-time assistants (they leave for full-time work!) and each has mastered FBs in a few days, not weeks as was the case with a competing product that I used previously. It is very comprehensive and also customizable for tasks, clients, projects, and expense categories. It interfaces cleanly with a payment system, so that my clients who prefer to pay by credit card can do so with no hassles. I also like the APIs that pull expense info from my bank account transactions and business credit card charges.

Nachteile: I am based in the US, so there are a few things I would like to help complete our tax returns more easily: 1) a way to track the actual miles driven on the expense side. I do it now in a note but it is cumbersome. 2) a way to track expenses associated with a project but not billable to that project. I do it now by setting up two project titles, but I can only link those manually (actually, offline completely). An example would be some of my assistant's time that I can't bill the client for but that I would like to track so I can better estimate future project expenses, because it fits into "cost of goods sold" (when the "good" is our service).

A SaaS using Freshbooks API

Bewertet am 18.11.2016
Jon M.
Founder/President
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Prior to integrating with Freshbooks (FB), we evaluated a handful other vendors to use for our billing/invoicing integration (bookkeeping wasn't a concern at the time) and found that the other guys simply didn't handle subscription billing, taxes, and/or automated billing like we needed. During the integration about a year ago, I was blown away with FB's customer service. How many companies these days have a human answering the phone within one or two rings? That's right - no auto attendant, no leaving voicemail necessary. These guys make customer service a priority, hands down - and it's some of the best I've ever seen. Here's an example: a few weeks ago when a DoS attack brought down DNS for much of the internet, FB was affected. I hadn't seen the news, so I called FB to report the problem. During this giant outage where I know they had to be receiving an enormous volume of calls, a live FB operator answered the phone within one or two rings and explained the DNS issue. Logistically I don't know how they pulled that off, but I was impressed. So nothing's perfect, right? Here's the bad - and the reason for only 4 starts on the features/functionality. While we weren't initially looking for a bookeeping package initially, we ended up using FB for this, too. While it's easy to use and does a great job overall, it is missing a key component - the ability to reconcile with the bank. So the task of generating balance sheets & account reconciliation has to occur outside of FB. If you're a big business, this would likely be a deal breaker. I've read there's an update in the works that adds this functionality, and I'm really looking forward to it - but as of the time this is written, it's not been made available to me. All in all, this is a great accounting package - super easy to set up & use, amazing API functionality, outstanding customer service, with one potential hiccup for some clients which hopefully will soon be resolved.

Vorteile: API, customer service, recurring billing & autopay functionality

Nachteile: No bank reconcilation

Who need an assistant using FreshBooks?

Bewertet am 27.9.2018
Mirko P.
Representacion Nacional
Konsumgüter, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: FreshBooks become an option later I test the 7 trail offer, all aspects on the software are very useful and really allow me to understand that my old control need a new view and use more powerful options to become more professional for my clients, FreshBooks give the tools and base to integrate that new professional look to my company, the best part of all, it’s that I don’t need to have more helping people to manage all this options, I can control everything on a single click and have a clear point of view of my company situation on real-time, that worth every penny invest on the subscription, and of course it’s more cheap that have an assistant.

Vorteile: FreshBooks it’s the best software to control all the billing aspects on any company, fully customization task, automatic invoices and easy to follow payments, also the reports become a dream to work with it, the pro and subscription options worth every penny, don’t forget that all your data is on the cloud so can be easy access from any place in the world, the mobile app become useful on travels.

Nachteile: Even if freshbooks allow us to register all our work and make a very professional invoice, the payment option not can be easy integrated, some banks accounts don’t accept JON export or have web integration options, also if the client made a payment using other methods, all the information need to be added by hand and take time.
The app for mobile are very low on features, could be a great option to bring more features or more access to all that freshbooks allow, for views it’s ok, but for work, need a lot improvements.

Freshbooks just keeps improving.

Bewertet am 4.12.2019
Technology Consultant
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I've grown, Freshbooks has grown; we've grown together over the years. Really no complaints - and a support team that other companies should model themselves after!

Vorteile: Ease of use, especially since the redesign, integrations with PayPal, etc. does save some time, integrated time tracker (although I still primarily use Toggl), makes book keeping - dare I say - fun? (Ok, as fun as it can be!). Great support - I've had timely replies every day of the week and after hours. Impressive!

Nachteile: I've had some integration issue (transactions not coming in, duplicates, etc.) but Support has always been helpful. They've offered to manually import transactions for me on more than one occasion. I'm on a paid tier but I'd have to pay more for some of the features I wouldn't mind trying out. Not in love with the subscription model, especially when many of the new features require higher tiers. Doesn't really make sense to be hooked up to an eCommerce platform given their tier limitations.

Freshbook is a world best finacial and accounting software with highest customer satisfaction.

Bewertet am 8.11.2017
Yogendra kumar S.
Network Support Engineer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The most important thing with this software is time saving.I love everything about FreshBooks. It is an excellent app for freelancers and small companies. I have been using it for the past few years and rate it the best software in the market. Whenever I had issues, the support team helped me to resolve them quickly with effective solutions. Many reason to love Freshbooks software- COST EFFICENCY, EASE OF USE, CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

Vorteile: Freshbook is fast and reliable suite for accounting.It's award wining software at many accasion.FreshBooks is an award-winning finance & accounting software and one of the best cloud solutions for small business owners. It is the current holder of FinancesOnline's Best Accounting Software Award for 2016 as well as the Supreme Software Award for 2016, and has the highest customer satisfaction rates of all similar apps in this category. As you will find out in this review, there is a long list of reasons why our experts considered FreshBooks for these prestigious acknowledgments. We can enables all these products Google Checkout, PayPal, and credit card payments in Freshbooks and integrates with a long list of business systems and applications that can streamline this process. With it, odds are good that you will unite financial control in a single system, and stop paying for the maintenance of complex software infrastructure. Freshbooks have these functions Excellent invoice to payment features, Saves billing time like no other app, Mobile-friendly and accessible, Tracking expenses with handy snaps.

Nachteile: Most of things are too good but some drawbacks like not store credit card infomation. Customer interface is excellent and ability to not store credit card information locally is key to PCI compliance. We love the recurring profile concept for recurring billing and find the web portal very intuitive. We also appreciate the branding we can do for our clients so they feel this billing platform is an extension of our service and that they are in the right place. This also gives our customers the peace of mind of knowing their transactions and billing information is secure.

My honest opinion about FreshBooks

Bewertet am 15.6.2019
Rene B.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Using FreshBooks is quick and easy. I can walk out a customer's door, sit just about anywhere, access my FreshBooks and prepare a proposal/estimate or invoice right on the spot.
Simple reminders keep me on the ball with overdue accounts, and each account can easily be set up to remind those customers who need a little nudge.
Payments can be set in multiple ways and allows us to get paid much faster than waiting for the check "that's in the mail".
Overall great product in my honest opinion.

Vorteile: This program is easy to set up, use and should you have any questions at all, the FreshBooks Rock Stars are always ready to get you back on track, fast!
They have great how-to videos and send you good tips via email, making it easy to run your small/medium sized business, the way you want. There are way too many great features to list here, but with a free trial period to test it out, you can make an informed decision and see if this program is right for you with no upfront commitment.
Something else I found amazing is the fact they actually listen. If you have recommendations on how to improve the product, they will listen, take it to the development team for further review, oh, and they do get back to you, sometimes takes a bit of time, but they always do. So nice not to be forgotten :)
I highly recommend this program.

Nachteile: Only problem I've had is getting it work and sync with my Ipad, but I'm sure the FreshBooks team is all over it.

started out great ... still good

Bewertet am 29.12.2018
Christopher S.
Business Owner
Design, Selbstständig

Kommentare: still love it and it relly did change how i do and think about bissness its ashame i dont quite feel i can not use them as my 360 exsample of from product to marketing to customer srvice that i used to but i have hope they will fix some of the software interface quicks and make them simple and as easy as before , as i used to love recommeding them and still would for there customer service alone

Vorteile: super easy to use and got me up and running stright away any issues i had i called them right up and boom sombody on the other side of the phone no robo call deal a real knolagable human telling me how to fix it , there marketing and custmoer service blew me away so much i used them as a exsample of how it sholuld be done to my clients

Nachteile: few little things with the old software like quirks in exspences that we found work arounds , but then moving to the new software i am still getting used to is but no paypal payment now not a big deal also harder to find old invoices and clients its just very diffrent but still seems to work ok and the customer service is still great so im sticking with it for now , i can see how it looks better and wants to be better but it just feels less intuative and simple , yet i know thats what they are going for just my poinion , oh and the serch is now super tough for me as a dyslexic as you have to spell out 3 to four letters befour it give me options making it very frustrating almost usless

Excellent Tool for the Small Business Creative

Bewertet am 21.2.2018
Emmanuel E.
Graphic Designer

Kommentare: Excellent Tool for the Small Business Creative

Vorteile: I like how easy it is to track billables, how easy it is to create estimates and turn them into invoices, how wonderfully the app tracks invoices, expenses, and payments. I always know when my client has viewed the invoice. Freshbooks makes bookkeeping and accounting easy, and this is a plus for us with non-traditionally-logical creative brains. It is wonderful that I can use Freshbooks on my laptop and on the go with my cell-phone or tablet. The functionality is great for most users. I do need to track time (sometimes, just for myself to ensure I am on top of the project projections). I love that I can input receipt images - on the go - directly from my phone's camera or can upload them through files on the laptop/desktop app. I have used Quickbooks in the past, and it was far more robust than I needed. I am a one-person creative company and just needed time-tracking / estimate generation / invoicing / payment tracking / and expense tracking. And, of course, the lovely printable reports for my accountant. Freshbooks far surpasses my expectations.

Nachteile: It would be nice if I could set up invoicing once or twice a week and have it go out automatically on the date specified without having to create a recurring item. I like to do my desk work one day a week and if I knew I was invoicing someone at the end of the week for an already known amount, then I would like it to automatically send the invoice that day rather than me remember to go into Freshbooks and hit the send button on the draft. (I have a client that only wants to be invoiced every other Tuesday, but Tuesdays are busy for me so I do up her invoice for the work completed two weeks behind. I do my desk work after work hours on Fridays as that is the day my hubby is out and it does not interfere with the work day. Every other Tuesday I have a calendar reminder ping me to send her the invoice. It works for me. But, I would really love to schedule it and forget it.

Perfect for all of your accounting

Bewertet am 20.9.2019
Gina S.
Transaction Coodinator
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Definitely fantastic for time tracking and billing your customers. Nice invoices and easy for the client to pay on the other end. Overall I have stuck with it for a good long time and I like it enough that I haven't even looked to change it.

Vorteile: I have had this software since it was a free program. I use it for time tracking and invoicing my real estate clients. It works seamlessly with Stripe which moves my credit card payments to my bank for a small fee. The cost is very reasonable and if I had a staff of any kind I could give them some access to be able to bill for their hours etc. I now use the extension on chrome to login and track my hours which is incredibly handy and I dont have to have a window open just for that, it works in the background of all the open tabs. Overall I very much like it.

Nachteile: As I mentioned I have had the program since it started as a free account and I now pay for the lowest paid account as it is just me. I would love to be able to have some of the other accounting features and add my other business to it but that costs more. My biggest wish would be that they might include a few of them into the cheaper account as I am sure most people need the ones like account balancing etc. Also, it would be helpful if you did not also have to pay for another system like Stripe to get the money from your account to your bank.

It was an incredibly simple experience and it simplifies the accounting processes.

Bewertet am 13.6.2018
Jenny del carmen E.
Free Lance

Vorteile: freshbooks is an excellent tool that apart from reducing the accounting processes, since with this tool we replace the tedious and obsolete accounting books and the generation of invoices by a modern and simple online billing system, on the other hand it guarantees the confidentiality of the registered invoices or stored in the cloud, also allows the personalization of invoices with the logo of the user's company and is incredibly easy to use, you can also link the bank account of the company to do an automatic monitoring of expenses, thus allowing the savings of time and further simplifying the billing and collection tasks.
Additionally, it allows users to store customer information, and track and control the time employees invest in each project, this would imply that it is possible to decide which project is more profitable for the company, in relation to man versus benefit hours. or profit for the company, as well as that generates greater efficiency in communication in the members of a team that have a common project since it would avoid the sending of emails and assignments of keys for permits because with this tool you can send files and images in addition to managing the permissions of each team member work. On the other hand, it generates a great variety of financial reports, among which we can highlight: profit and loss reports, invoice details and reports by customers. Finally, it has a mobile application that allows you to access the system from anywhere.

Nachteile: To access the service you need an Internet connection to use the software. On the other hand the price in relation to subscriptions linked to the number of customers that can be stored or saved is a high price because for example in the basic subscription limits the user to save only 5 clients and if it is a software designed for small companies or medium-sized expansion path should provide more storage as well as a basic package. However, it does not allow estimates of quarterly or annual tax payments, so you will have to calculate them by hand or use a different program that is complementary, which is an additional limitation

FreshBooks is a true blessing.

Bewertet am 14.1.2016
Kaylene W.
Graphic Design & Production Specialist
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: I work in a college and print/design for faculty/staff and students. Because of the high volume of jobs it was easy to miss paperwork when jobs were being given to me by email, phone, and walk-ins. Also, my office was not able to accept cash which was difficult for students. Several years ago I started using Wufoo for creating job request forms. It was working well with PayPal integration, but invoices would go out immediately so if they were entered incorrectly or the job changed, it caused confusion when alterations had to be made. FreshBooks was the integration that enabled me to have invoices only go out when the job was fully completed. It also helped me to keep track of what invoices were getting paid and which ones weren't. I love the reports that totally help me at the end of the fiscal year.

Vorteile: Ability to see all the jobs for each client.
Ability to add contacts to the clients - in my case, to add secretaries names to the faculty accounts.
Ability to have my student workers be able to assist with the outgoing invoices to ease up my time for other matters.
Can add expenses to see exactly what's coming in and going out.
Automatic 30, 60, and 90 day overdue notices.
Integration with PayPal so invoices can be paid that way if preferred.
Would love to use the ability where FreshBooks can keep track of your inventory, but since some of my jobs are paid ahead of time through Wufoo and never have to get transferred over to FreshBooks, it wouldn't be accurate.

Nachteile: Clients names are always listed by the business name - in my case, by departments or offices. I would prefer that I actually see the person's name. I wish it would give the option of which you'd like to see.
Only certain information is sent from the Wufoo form to FreshBooks - I would've liked even just one more box of information to move from one to the other. I couldn't get a clear answer on which one (Wufoo or FreshBooks) was the one that created that code. There is nothing from Wufoo (like an invoice #) that shows up on the FreshBooks invoice to connect the two.

Easy invoicing and time tracking for freelancers, plus lots of cool stuff I don't use

Bewertet am 14.12.2016
Amy B.
Editor
Verlagswesen, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I am a freelance editor and I use Freshbooks to track my hours and expenses, and invoice customers. With Freshbooks you can also do estimates (I only do them for my own records, but you can send also quotes to clients), assign different rates to different tasks, and even work with subcontractors (which I haven't done yet). Freshbooks lets you get paid really easily -- you can connect it to PayPal, or even accept credit cards. (You take a bit of a hit on fees but you get paid FAST.) You can customize Freshbooks with your colors and logo, so when you send invoices they look very professional and expensive. (That inspires confidence in your clients and encourages repeat business, and also lets them know you're no chump and they better pay you fast.) You can also use Freshbooks to keep track of expenses and receipts. It makes tax season ridiculously easy. Well.... easier. There's also an app for your phone so you can track time and expenses, and probably even send invoices, when you're out without your computer. Tech support is good, fast, and friendly. There is tons of information on the website, too. When I ask for help with something, they usually take the time to go to my account and do screenshots with my own data showing me exactly how to do what I asked about! Yeah, it seems expensive, but when I think about all the time I would otherwise spend doing invoices, tracking time and expenses, and putting together tax information, it's actually pretty reasonable.

Vorteile: easy to use
effective - does what it says
makes me look good
pretty

Nachteile: Sometimes I forget how to do things that I don't do very often.

With this application, the first thing I learned was managing finances within my business

Bewertet am 26.7.2018
Jose gregorio L.
Motivador Superación Personal

Kommentare: Efficiency in the administration of my business. Good handling of invoices and collections. My business has grown because I can make better estimates of income and expenses. It is very easy to use and install. The learning curve is fast. The price is adequate according to the benefits it offers and its limitations. It is widely recommended for small and medium businesses that start and need a healthy and effective administration.

Vorteile: What I liked most about this application is that it allows me to be more effective in managing my bills, saving me money in hiring personnel for this task. Handling my bills well increases the effectiveness of my collections by growing my business. For a small business, it is excellent and it works very well, but for large companies the application works slow. I like how easy it is to learn how to use it. It is designed to be used by people with little or no experience in the financial management of the company. The application tracks the expenses of the company and sends invoices to customers to charge for your work, it's like having a very competent private secretary. I recommend it for entrepreneurs with little experience in the business world.

Nachteile: Among the things I do not like about this tool is that you can not make tax estimates to pay. In this case, the tax payment estimates must be calculated manually. This causes delays in the preparation of reports and increases the possibility of error margins. To perform this task and many others you need an internet connection. This limitation slows the workflow when there is no internet service. The system does not have a variety of graphic models for reports

User Friendly Accounting Software

Bewertet am 4.6.2019
Katie K.
Director of Operations

Kommentare: Overall, our experience with FreshBooks was a positive one. It is a program that is simple enough for our team members to be able to answer customer questions, accept payments and create invoices, yet robust enough to provide our Director of Finance with the financial data he required for his reporting and projections.

Vorteile: Freshbooks is fairly intuitive, even if you do not have an accounting degree you can find the information you're looking for. Creating and publishing invoices is simple enough for anyone to do.
I like that there is a default description line for the product/service, but you can customize the content on an ad hoc basis when needed.
Pre-built reports exist to pull commonly requested data from the system.

Nachteile: When updating the name of a product / service, it would be nice if all existing line items on an invoice could be updated as well, instead of updating each item for each customer invoice manually.
When viewing a customer's invoice history, I would prefer to see the total at the bottom of the list be the outstanding amount due, instead of just a total of all invoices (paid or not).
It would be nice to have different invoice types/templates/layouts for customers with specific services (to indicate special terms or changes for example).
Additional customization of reports would be a nice addition.

Freshbooks

Bewertet am 26.3.2019
Hana P.
Virtual Assistant
Verbraucherdienste, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Freshbooks had a classic version and their new version. The new version did not initially come with the ability to create reports based on time tracking based on projects, clients, and dates. I sent an email asking about the feature and within 2 weeks, it was an included in the new version. Although it was baffling why such an important feature was left off of the new version, I appreciated how quickly they were willing to include it for paying customers.

Vorteile: I appreciate the ability to assign projects to clients and track time for each client. I also like the ability to auto-send invoices to clients and accept auto-payments.

Nachteile: There are two things that I dislike about Freshbooks - 1. If Freshbooks sends reminders to clients to pay an invoice, it assigns new invoice numbers to them. It looks like I'm billing the same project multiple times. If they pay one of the invoices, the other ones are still marked as outstanding. 2. Sharing projects to contractors is not super seamless. The contractor will see the project name, but not necessarily the client name. If you name your projects based on dates and have several clients, the projects that are shared with the contractors can be confusing. Also, if I pay for a contractor to be on the plan, I should be able to access projects that they create without the contractor manually going in and adding the permission.

Long time customer. Change cuts both ways

Bewertet am 30.4.2019
Adam P.
IT

Kommentare: We have developed all of our solutions around fresh books from customizations in our workflow processing to selecting an accounting firm that will support our dependence and comfort with this platform. There is not yet total functional parity between the “old fresh books“ and new fresh books... but it is coming along...and the support is always outstanding while they get there

Vorteile: Hands-down the most impressive aspect of fresh books is the customer support. Monotonous tasks or more complicated requirements are approached by a customer support team that answers the phone instantly and works to help you get your work done. The advances that have been made especially in the payment handling utilizing the Advanced payment feature, which is an additional cost, has revolutionize the way our business is able to store and process payments using their PCI compliant service

Nachteile: The willingness for FreshBooks to hold onto it it’s more humble roots and allow long time small business or individuals to use their legacy accounts has declined quite significantly and it is not a good cultural shift. I have a harder time recommending freshbooks if for a small start up there is a cost on top of a learning curve. There needs to be a free tear if they are going to maintain the businesses that haven’t got off the ground yet

Great tool - a bit expensive

Bewertet am 18.12.2018
Sinoun C.
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: FreshBooks is a great solution for small businesses like me. It allows you to professionally accept credit cards and you get the payments ASAP. It also tracks clients, invoices, hours, etc. in a very convenient way. For a long time, FreshBooks was pretty dated with their interface, but they recently just came out with a new interface that is much better - but it's very different so it's still taking me some time to get used to. FreshBooks is probably one of the better solutions out there available - but I'm not 100% sure because I've used this for so long that I haven't tried anything else. I guess if I've stuck with it that long then it must be good for me! :) Also, customer service is one of the best. Every time I email support, I get very quick and professional responses. I appreciate that!

Nachteile: Unfortunately, I'm kind of stuck with it because I've used it for so long that it would be very difficult to get out. Why would I want to get out? The only reason is because of the pricing. It's a bit expensive. The pricing have gone up since I've used it many years ago. They don't grandfather you in like a lot of other solutions if they make changes and it makes me a bit frustrated.