Über LivePlan

Ein einfaches Finanz-Dashboard für dein Unternehmen. Erstelle intelligente Budgets und Verkaufsziele, verfolge deinen Plan. Kann mit QBO und Xero synchronisiert werden.

Erfahre mehr über LivePlan

Produktbewertung

Produktbewertung

Nutzung

Haben Sie LivePlan bereits verwendet?

Teile deine Erfahrungen mit anderen Softwarekäufern.

Zelda W.
Zelda W.
Real Estate Agent in USA
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Creates A Professional and Impressive Business Plan

Kommentare: It's a real Business Plan Software --After filling in information, you get to pick a professional colorful cover to add that finishing touch. The finish product is professional, complete with data, graphs and ready to present to any bank or lender as well as executive staff.

I like the fact that I don't have to think about the parts of a professional business plan; the software has it all laid out in the order it should be written along with sample templates to use for almost every type business.

There is not anything I can think of that I don't like about this software.

vor 3 Monaten

Thank you very much for the feedback, Zelda - we greatly appreciate it!

Lucy B.
Lucy B.
Managing Director in UK
11-50 Mitarbeiter

Good for planning and forecasting, rubbish at Actuals to compare performance against plan

Kommentare: Checked my business plan was viable, helped me clarify my thought processes. Gave me something to measure performance against.
Unfortunately doesnt integrate to Zoho Books (as of March 2018), nor is there any opton to import from a CSV or other spreadsheet format.
If you are a Xero or QB user you can link to get your actuals for comparison against plan, BUT proceed with caution. You cant undo the data import - everything needs deleting manually, and you cant choose which timeframe you import data for. Its last 2 years plus current year and thats that. So if your business has changed significantly and you only want say last six months dat you cant achieve this

Cloud based, easy step by step process for planning for novices. Once you have put in the basics of revenue streams and costs its very easy to play "what if" type questions and see the impact on your forecast. You can get into enormous detail if you want or build this up over time as you develop your thought process.

Where the product really falls down is when you want to compare with Actuals. It only connects to Xero and Quick Books and you have no control over the data or time period that it syncs at all - current year plus last two years, which is rubbish if your business has pivoted and you only want the last six months data for example. Whats worse is you cant roll back the sync - you have to manually delete all sync'd data. Further if you dont use Xero or QBooks, there is no option to import from a spreadsheet - so again you need a data entry person to manually enter actual data unless you want to spend ages doing it yourself... Very disappointed as up to this point had liked the platform.

Salvatore L.
Salvatore L.
Owner in Australien
Landwirtschaft, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Why is the truth not being told about this program??

Kommentare: They are trying but they are not being honest with consumers and that's a pitty. Borderline digital scam as its more about controlling their 'image' in the digital space rather then providing a good service.

It has a great core structure and the potential to be a highly relevant tool.

It does not function well with Xero. If you are not inside the American corporate system you should NOT be using this software. Regardless of what sales teams are saying or what is being pushed by digital teams. This software is another example of forced coercion by the American corporate machine. The site is not user friendly in Australia against our taxation and terminology. The Xero sync does not work I have logged 100s of hours in this system trying to make it work but it's just not user friendly for an every day person like it is touting.

Jeanette L.
Jeanette L.
CEO in Norwegen
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Too expensive

Kommentare: Ok to use but when done with the plan, there is not really a reason to keep paying.

Easy to use and good help for creating a Business plan

When you have done the plan it is just there and I have been paying a lot of money for just storing my Business plan for 2 years. Now I have to prioritize what I spend my money on and this is one thing I dont need at the moment.

Antwort von Palo Alto Software

Thanks for your feedback Jeanette, we appreciate you taking the time to leave it! Many people keep their subscription long term, because they use the Dashboard feature to track their progress, compare their actual results to their plan, and continually update their plan based on what they've learned from experience. LivePlan is a great tool in this regard to manage your business if it is already running, or when you begin operations. LivePlan is also non-contract, so you can use the software for as long as you like, and cancel when you need. So if you need it just to make one plan quickly, you are welcome to cancel when you are finished with no risk. You can also switch a monthly plan to annual billing later to take advantage of the savings offered there if you plan on using it for longer.

Laurie S.
Laurie S.
Essen & Trinken, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Best Planning Software for a Small Start-Up

Kommentare: LivePlan helped me create a workable, realistic strategic plan. After one year in business, I revisited the plan and saw that my projections on revenue, margins and start up costs were spot on, thanks in part to this great software tool. I recommended it it to several prospective bakery owners as a well-priced tool to start turning their dream into a viable business reality.

Live Plan was perfect for my needs - it helped me shape my strategic plan and think through my start-up capital requirements and revenue projections. I loved that it gave me some industry benchmarks and suggested budget items (like employee payroll liabilities) I hadn't thought of. The templates were also very helpful to show me what a plan should look like.

I didn't like that the software didn't highlight at the beginning how to coordinate between my LivePlan line items and my Quick Bookls like items. It made using the review feature (to compare projections with performance) more difficult to use.

Antwort von Palo Alto Software

Thank you so much for the feedback Laurie - we greatly appreciate it!

Jeremy F.
Jeremy F.
Vice President, North American Operations in USA
Verbraucherdienste, Selbstständig

Shocking service.

Kommentare: It was a great experience with LivePlan. They have a clean and attractive user interface with helpful guidance. The customer service is shockingly amazing. I requested one payment refund after not using it in over a year and it was super quick and easy. Highly recommend this software.

It's clean, attractive, and easy-to-use.

It is subscription based and not cheap, however, I was shocked at how quickly and easily they refunded and cancelled my subscription after my request since I had not used it in over a year (Thanks Chris!)

Indraneel R.
Indraneel R.
CEO and Co-Founder in USA

The best software for making business plan

Kommentare: It has been a great experience to create business plans on the fly and also to track the actual results against your plan

- Very easy and flexible software - Its an excellent software for making business plan without the hassles of learning excel formula - Very easy depiction of balance sheet and P&L statement and auto generation

- There is absolutely nothing I don't like about this software

Allan D.
Allan D.
Marketing / Wine Club Manager in
Wein und Spirituosen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Absolutely the stand-out business plan writing / sales forcasting / start-up tool available.

Kommentare: I've checked out no fewer than 10 other options. This is by far the most simple, the most user friendly, and the most feature-rich option out there. It's not only the cleanest and best-working (no bugs!), but it actually gives you the tools you need to cover a wide variety of business planning needs. Given the range of functionality (for example, you can do month-by-month sales forecasting for 36 months at the basic price level - something that most other services charge you an arm and a leg to upgrade tiers to gain access to), no other software comes close to this. And the final output of the business plan is SO CLEAN. A nice variety of example plans are available, and the "guided" element of going step-by-step is really actually helpful (instead of prohibitive, as I've found some guided software just takes you too far away from what you should really be focusing your time on).

Price is very affordable Extremely rich feature set Very flexible Easiest and cleanest user interface Fantastic examples Rich and clean output

This software really only seems to lack a timeline option - you can't custom map a gantt chart for your project timeline. I had to go to another piece of software to get this element in place. But I used LivePlan for the rest of the business plan.

Renea H.
Renea H.
President in USA

My Go To Software For My Clients

Kommentare: The ability to provide a workable and successful business plan.

I can produce a business plan for my clients extremely quick using LivePlan. I have used it on startups and other business types, in different industries.

The template choices and overall look and feel of the templates I would like to see improved much more.

Trevor G.
Trevor G.
Ceo in USA
Umweltdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great

Very easy to put together a professional business plan and slide deck for investor presentations.

Monthly fee. Expensive during times we weren't actually using it

Antwort von Palo Alto Software

Thanks for taking the time to review LivePlan, we really appreciate it Trevor!

Stacey M.
Co-Owner in USA
Restaurants, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Satisfied over the last 10+ Years

Kommentare: The biggest thing for me is that after I created my plan for my current business, going back to see where I made mistakes after I had been open a year allowed me to understand more what I should have done. Luckily, my business is a success, even with my numbers being somewhat off.

For me, the examples presented allow the user to get a sense what is needed in each section. Help is also valuable when using this software. A Business plan can be difficult to create & with the help, it does answer most of my questions at the time. I have created a couple of plans over the last 10+ years where I had ideas for businesses. I did use this platform for my current business that started in 2012. Going back to view ones business plan does allow them to get a better sense where they might have fell short on predicting income, payroll, etc..

Overall, I don't think there is CON to using this software. Sure there are some obstacles to overcome, but the help & examples help a lot. I say look at example business plans before one starts.

Antwort von Palo Alto Software

Thank you so much for leaving a review, Stacey!

CEO in USA
Erneuerbare Energien & Umwelt, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

LivePlan Review

Kommentare: Software is good but for one job only. If the size of plant change I need to start all over. If it goes back to the initial plan I have to redo it all over again unless I have saved and downloaded the original version.

Easy to use and guide you to what it has to be done.

The fact that you can not make several business plans at the same time for example a business plan for a 300 ton per day plant and a business plan for a 1000 ton per day plant if I am building both plants at the same time.

Antwort von Palo Alto Software

Thanks for the feedback - A standard LivePlan account includes one active company at a time but you can create as many companies as you want. You may archive your current plan, then create a new plan. It's easy to switch back and forth between companies. Here are detailed instructions from the Help Center: Managing your companies, pitches, and plans (https://help.paloalto.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004655828-Managing-your-companies-pitches-and-plans) If you need to be able to have multiple companies active simultaneously, you may upgrade your account. Changing the number of active companies on your account (https://help.paloalto.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004922227-Changing-the-number-of-active-companies-on-your-LivePlan-account) You may also choose to create multiple financial forecasts within one company: Using multiple forecasts (https://help.paloalto.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004824088-Using-multiple-forecasts-to-create-scenarios)

Private Practice in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, Selbstständig

LivePlan takes the intimidation out of writing a business plan!

Kommentare: LivePlan is helping my business grow because I am able to stay organized with goals and milestones as we are meeting them. I can see firsthand what is allowing my company to grow and where we need to make changes to be successful.

I really liked working with LivePlan to build a business plan. LivePlan helped me with having a template available to build my business plan upon. I thought writing a business plan would be something I would have to outsource and get help with. LivePlan allowed me to take control of writing and creating my own business plan. I love that I can change and expand my business plan at any time! I can also share my plan with potential investors and feel confident that it is both organized and professional.

I would like if the software would integrate with my accounting software, that way I can see in realtime how my cash flow is cooresponding with my company goals.

Aaron P.
CTO in USA
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

LivePlan - Don't Write a Business Plan without It

Kommentare: It was a great experience. I was able to complete my business plan in much less time than I expected. While I ultimately walked away from the business idea, I couldn't have realized the plan at all without LivePlan.

LivePlan is very easy to use. That was the first thing that drew me to it. It's packed with all the features I needed when writing a business plan for my software development company. I really like the archive feature because I needed to do two business plans and could do that with the base subscription by switching which plan was archived. That was very handy.

There were a couple of instances when I had issues with formatting, but I wondered if that was the internet browser I was using at the time. Overall, no complaints.

Antwort von Palo Alto Software

Thanks so much for the feedback Aaron, we greatly appreciate it!

Lauren Z.
Druck, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great product for understanding business

Kommentare: This software was amazing for my initial business planning phase. Unfortunately, because I am a franchise I have access to other tools that are integrated with my ordering software and reporting software that automate most of the dashboard and bench-marking features. If this could link up to my other software i would likely come back to it since it is so easy to test out possible business plans and forecasts.

This software helped fill in the gaps for me. I don't have a business background, so purchasing an existing business was a little out of my knowledge comfort zone. This software helped me understand how business works and how my decisions effect the whole picture of my business.

The reason I stopped using this software is that the reports it generates is difficult for banking and finance professionals to digest. My applications for additional funding got delayed because I needed to redo my forcast and business plan in a way that was easier for my finance people to digest.

Antwort von Palo Alto Software

Thank you for your honest feedback, we appreciate it!

Pasha S.
Ceo in USA
Internet, Selbstständig

The only business planning software that gets the job done

Kommentare: It took a few attempts to put together a business plan, but it worked out.

This is all-in-one software that helps you organize thoughts, data, expectations and organize everything in a meaningful way that helps you plan, budget and forecast.

It’s needed at the beginning, but not later.

Dennis D.
CMA in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

A business plan software that anybody can use.

Kommentare: A full business plan, and real projections of what is expected to be spent and what is expected to be made. After the projections the actual real numbers show, when conducted right the projections are accurate.

LivePlan is extremely easy to use and straightforward. The options are almost endless. Every aspect of a business plan can easily be addressed and completed with help from the software itself. Everything has an explanation from profit and loss projections to real time profit and loss and that's just one feature. Business summary, analysis, and the executive portfolio are all ready to be put together and turn out very well put together as well as the step by step process of putting together your business plan.

Limitations on time. Liveplan offers three options: 3 year, 5year, and 10 year projections. Unfortunately it is limited to that time frame which disappoints because other than the time frame, just about everything else is customizable.

Nicholas S.
Consultant in USA
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Go from business idea to business plan fast. Super easy to use.

Kommentare: Overall, i was able to put my business idea on paper and see exactly what the budget and funding looks like. It really helped me decide whether or not the business idea was worth pursuing. I highly recommend it to anyone of any level looking to write a business plan.

I was able to create the exact business plan that I had envisioned. The software has great tools to help along the way. I had never written a business plan before, but using the software made it very easy with plenty of help and examples to create my own. The forecasts, budget, and funding pitch were what sold me on their software, and it was definitely worth it. It works exactly as advertised, and you'll know after you finish your business plan if it's really worth pursuing.

Everything about it was great. I got stuck at the beginning a little bit with the various summaries. I recommend writing out the full plan then coming back to the summary. It's much easier to do it this way and the software allows you to skip around.

Antwort von Palo Alto Software

Thank you so much Nicholas - we really appreciate you taking the time to review LivePlan! Best of luck!

Karen B.
CFO in USA
Essen & Trinken, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

LivePlan is an excellent business planning solution

I love the output of LivePlan. The business plans and one-pagers look clean, modern, and professional. It's very simple to enter information about our business into LivePlan, and the software asks great questions.

If you already have a separate financial model or set of financial projections for your company, it can be difficult to enter them into LivePlan.

Founder & Owner in Neuseeland
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, Selbstständig

Great product to start a business

Very useful in planning, pitching and eventually starting my business. It supported every element from ideation through to detailed p&l & balance sheet for presentation to investors. The software guides you through how to write your proposal/business plan and then helps you formulate and plan all the revenue & costs you need to think about and plan for. Integration with my online accounting software was pretty helpful too.

I found that for my business the options for calculating revenue and cost of sales were clunky - adding support around these elements in terms of how COS are not necessarily all incurred in the months the product is produced. In my case it can take 3 or 4 months to build the final product - incurring costs along the way. Reporting variance against plan with integrated accounting software is clunky.

Antwort von Palo Alto Software

Thanks for your feedback!

President/Owner in USA
Umweltdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

GREAT Business Builder and Planner

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: My business is solving budgetary issues with LivePlan. It is creating a window into my business as a whole so that I can see what areas need to be improved, increased or eliminated. So far, my business is making great progress. One of the changes we made was to cut the size of our staff. Our workload is less, but we are making MORE money! Thanks LivePlan for your enlightenment!

Liveplan definitely has many features that I need in my service-based business. BUSINESS PLANNING SOFTWARE is one of the features that it provides via video instructions. IMPORTING OF QB INFORMATION for BUDGET ANALYSIS is a crucial need for any business looking to be successful.

I am not completely satisfied with the ease-of-use of Liveplan. To their credit, I haven't searched out for help or training....and I'm sure they have online support for new users. I would like support in understanding the numbers created by the many reports that can be analyzed.

Daniel M.
Director of Sales and Marketing in USA
Chemikalien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Making a Business Plan? This is the best software!

Kommentare: The experience was productive and the software is great!

I've bought the software recommended by a friend. The software is easy to use, however there are lots of resources that my team has never used. LivePlan was only used to make a couple of Business Plans. It's not the cheapest in the market, however its worth while.

It's only possible to open and manage a company at a time without paying an extra fee.

Antwort von Palo Alto Software

Thanks so much for your feedback Daniel!

Miranda W.
Commercial Director in UK
Unternehmensberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

I especially like the dashboard

Kommentare: Excellent way to stay on top of numbers and / or line up your business for sale.

The dashboard gives you nice graphical view of your monthly, quarterly and annual financials. Highly recommended this software especially to SME's that needs to keep on top of cash flow!

You can't upload financial figures from a file, only from Xero or Quickbooks Online. No international benchmarking data

Sandy M.
Finanzdienstleistungen, Selbstständig

Excellent Business Plan Writing and Easy Forecast Models

Kommentare: Overall the software excellent. I wish I could get my customers to utilize it more on a consistent basis.

LivePlan takes you through the process of writing a business plan and putting together financial forecasts in an easy, step-by-step manner. Built in benchmarks are great for planning and analysis. The Pitch is excellent for summarizing the focus of any business. QuickBooks integration and Financial Dashboards are outstanding tools for tracking actual vs. budgeted income and expenses. The milestones are perfect for keeping everyone on task.

Could have better interface and step-by-step instructions for the assets and liabilities - how the items in QBO relate to LivePlan. The financial portion of the plan could be better formatted when printing.

Rosario A.
Manager in USA
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Cash flow Companion

Kommentare: The cash flow report showed me how much funding we would need, and when, in order to keep the doors open.

LivePlan gave me the answer I needed to make that go, no go decision to even start a new business by showing me the cash flow I needed, not only to start up but also to operate the business month after month.

LivePlan totally met all our needs. The bank loan officer said it was one of the best business plans they have seen, and wished every applicant could submit such a professional document.

Antwort von Palo Alto Software

Thanks so much Rosario, we really appreciate you taking the time to review LivePlan!