Microsoft SQL Server Erfahrungen

Über Microsoft SQL Server

Datenbank- und Analyseangebot für die schnelle Bereitstellung der nächsten Generation von skalierbaren E-Commerce- und Line-of-Business-Lösungen.

Erfahre mehr über Microsoft SQL Server

For beginners this could be something positive because of the velocity of the learning curve. The integration with the business process is really easy when working with other Microsoft technologies.

Licensing is confusing, whenever you have license by call or by CPU core, it's a bit hard to understand how they apply the prices.

Bewertungen zu Microsoft SQL Server

Microsoft SQL Server hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 1.694 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Microsoft SQL Server bereits verwendet?

Nutzerbewertungen filtern (1.694)

Ruban
Ruban
Member of Technical Staff 3 in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Performant and reliable DB from Microsoft

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

This DB is a very performant and reliable even with DB of large size. I have used this DB for more that 3 years and no issues. It integrates with more plugins and the management interface is simply the best tool to manage the SQL server. Since it comes with Microsoft we can easily check the performance of SQL server using Windows performance counters.

I've used this tool for more than 3 years and I dont have any cons that I can think of.

Gaurav
Assistant Consultant in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Database solution for all your needs

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Microsoft SQL server is one of the best database software around we have used n number of versions starting for sql server 2005 to 2016 and every version brought some value adds to an already amazing software. It’s very simple to use IDE with so many user friendly features makes it very popular to developer community.

Widely used Database software around for all the applications. We have used it for huge databases as well. Some people feel oracle is better in terms of speed when you have volume but I feel Microsoft sql server is more than capable of handling huge volume of transactions and this suits all your needs

Sergio R
Sergio R
CEO in Brasilien
Internet, Selbstständig

Good RDBMS

3,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Very easy to implement and integrate with other systems.

MS SQL Server consumes almost all compute resourses

Jonathan Alexander
Jonathan Alexander
IT infrastructure analyst in Dominikanische Republik
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

A robust database engine with high information security standards.

Kommentare: At the moment we have no negative features to add to the product

How safe this database engine can be, its integration with other technological tools, say, programming languages, infrastructure, datawarehouse and more

A bit the price, since the enterprise license is a bit expensive

Carl
Business Process Analyst in USA
Bau

Comfortable and still kicking

Microsoft SQL Server has served me well, handling all kinds of tasks from Data warehousing, automated data pushes, reporting, notifications and ad-hoc analysis. Since we started using SQL Server several years ago, it has allowed us to better serve our customers with consistent data analysis and file pushes. There are also plenty of third party add ins which add immense value to the program.

This program has been around for a long time and most of the complaints I have ever had have been ironed out in recent versions. There is not much to dislike about the program. I will say that there are other vendors with better support than Microsoft but it is not lacking in any way, just not quite the personal touch you get from other vendors. Lastly, it would be nice if Microsoft would incorporate some of the extra features that third party vendors have created. They have slowly incorporated some of them in the past and I am sure it will continue though.

Innocent
Innocent
Software engineer in Tschad

Microsoft SQL Server Review

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: The SQL Server Product bas allowed us to build a powerful database, witch made it easier to save time in costumer relations.

The Microsoft SQL Server Product is easy to use and its integration with business processus is not a problem.

What I don't like : 1. The SQL Server Product is not suitable for small Database on personal computer 2. SQL Server versions are strongly related to Windows versions 3. The CVE-2022-23276 elevation of privilege vulnerability for Linux containers.

Jared
Jared
Manufacturing Engineering and Facilities Manager in USA
Luft- & Raumfahrt, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

A Solid Database Management Software

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Overall, it's a solid system that allows us to run our manufacturing business efficiently.

This is a solid choice for a database. We use it in our manufacturing company to almost manage our entire company. It has a lot of history and support from Microsoft and the overall user community. Therefore, it's easy to find help if needed.

Microsoft SQL Server tends to be expensive compared to free databases like PostgreSQL.

Data Analyst in Kanada
Bankwesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Best Data Management tool around!

5,0 vor 5 Tagen Neu

Kommentare: I love the overall experience of the product, I've used it in all my previous and current job and wouldn't swap it for any other tool.

I love how easy to grasp the UI/UX of the software, and anyone can learn it after a few sessions of use.

I do not like the fact that there are not many features to connect SQL with other softwares within SQL window itself.

Software Engineer in Bangladesch

Awesome Experience

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Using this software for a long time . Getting the best experience from it . The best relational database tools I've ever use

Using Relational database is the best experience but as I using the server that visualization is some creepy

Taaha
Taaha
IT Trainee in Malaysia
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Microsoft sql server

4,0 vor 5 Tagen Neu

Friendly user interface, easy to use and extract data using queries.

Exporting data has issues when using virtual machines.

Masoud
Software Developer in UK
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

A database system that you can trust your data with!

Kommentare: I believe we rely on Microsoft SQL Server and its great features and performance a lot. It's our first choice in terms of an RDBMS database and I believe it remains as such for a long time.

I've been using Microsoft SQL Server since version 2000 and I must say that every year the team behind it adds tons of improvements and great new features that keep this software a fantastic competitor in the market. The database engine is very clever in optimising your queries, giving insights on improvements and dealing with your complex queries. Microsoft's TSQL is very easy to understand and very easy to grasp even though in recent years the team have introduced more complex query templates but still it stands out impressively amongst the others. I also love that they have released the full version as a Developer version where you can try all the software's great features without any cost at all!

The huge cost difference between the Standard and the Enterprise version is a put off as certain features like table partitioning should be part of the Standard version.

Germo
Germo
BI Architect and Developer in Deutschland
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

my every day tool which I use, since it exists

Kommentare: I use SQL Server since it was obtained by Microsoft. I am specialized on it and I work only in projects where it is used as core technologie. I am a very experienced architect and developer, based on SQL Server And Microsoft BI.

It is easy to install. There is also a free Express Edition / Localdb, which has most features of the paid Version. The developer Edition has all Features of the Enterprise Edition. It is very easy to install even several instances on any system. I can solve nearly all tasks, I feel very confident. The documentation is great and it is easy to find answers to questions. It is just my every day tool.

If there are some heavy queries then the whole instance gets down, often even other instances on the same system. I don't understand why it is not possible to limit the effect. Many features which I would like to use are only available in the enterprise edition. But this edition cost much more than standard and I am forced to use only features of the standard edition. Often I am forced to use quite old version, for example 2016, but the current version is 2019. Again the reason is the price. Customers would need to spent more money for the latest version, therfore they force me to develop based on old versions.

Shawn
Financial Systems Data Analyst in USA
Rechtsberatung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

SQL Server a Building Block of Tech Stack

Kommentare: Good overall experience. We're addressing the need to store, transform, and retrieve data. Information has become the backbone of many technological and business operations, and almost everything I work on goes through a SQL database to accomplish the job. It's one tier of applications that is used almost everywhere. SQL Server allows us to query data for reporting to end users, and also provides options to move and transform the data to different environments.

At our firm, we have a completely Microsoft tech stack; from servers, databases, middleware, peripheral applications, etc. When using all Microsoft products, it is extremely easy to connect and integrate between applications, servers, and databases. I am less sure about integrating with other providers (such as oracle), but I know its possible with a little more effort. Maintenance, backups, restores, disaster recovery plans all seem routine now. The product is very familiar and there is ample documentation and general SQL training. Get a good DBA and your servers will stay healthy as well; certain system settings are important, and monitoring those and adjusting for your business is prudent. SSMS is an easy IDE to use and perform any function. You can use SQL to automate many tasks, and I really like the SQL jobs. SSIS lets me automate so much, even to and from external vendors, using SFTP or some other mechanism. It extends SQL Server to use any script or basic Windows command.

When you run into an issue, it can be hard to resolve. An example would be when Microsoft data connectors aren't working. Understanding and getting the right supporting software installed is important; like OLE DB and ODBC connectors. Another difficulty can be performance. As data sets get larger, this is more important. While there are enough tools to investigate and troubleshoot, sometimes it's just a big effort to try to query tune, index, or adjust server settings to get the results in performance that you want. Queries seem to only get more complex, and data sets larger. I am pretty sure other databases will perform better with Big Data.

Mohamed
Data analyst in Tunesien

Meilleur outil de gestion de base de données - DB

Kommentare: tout simplement ma experience est parfaite avec SQl-server . Je l'utilise depuis près de 2 ans et il a beaucoup aidé dans mon projet de business intelligence. C'est magnifique a utiliser.

SQL-Server est simple à installer et l'utiliser les configurations sont également faciles. Comme il s'agit d'un système de GBD relationnelle, c'est un outil parfait pour les analystes de données. Il permet aux utilisateurs de extraire , tronsformer et télecharger les données requises en quelques secondes. Le produit est livré avec de nombreuses fonctionnalités telles que l'analyseur de requêtes, les services d'intégration, le planificateur de tâches et les services de rapports. De plus, on peut facilement planifier des tâches dans la section des outils de travail, ce qui est également une fonction très utile de cet outil. Vraiment c'est un outil trés efficace pour un processus complet de business Intelligence.

En effet, elle occupe plus de stockage de données pour installer le moteur de la BD par rapport aux autres BD SQL. Aussi l'interface et l'espace de travail. Lorsqu'on déplace une partie de l'interface, Il n'est pas très intuitif de la replacer à l'endroit par défaut.

Mir Fida
Mir Fida
WordPress Developer in Pakistan

Best database management tool for relational databases

Kommentare: I would recommend it to all low-scale and small organizations that are already using MS Office products or subscriptions. Its interface is similar to learn and use like other Microsoft software. Enterprise and large corporates can look into Oracle services if they require specific Oracle-made enterprise functions and features to handle very complex data.

First and foremost, it has all the features and functionality from the basics to advanced users for relational database management. Can be integrated well with other Microsft software especially Visual Studio code for a smooth development experience. Along with data storage management, professional performance analysis can be performed through GUI server management studio tools like Database Tuning Advisor. Data Analysts will find data extraction and filtration as well as visual & interactive report generation quite beneficial in their routine tasks. Backup and restore from one SQL server to another is fairly simple. Pricing is very reasonable according to the DBMS system and tools that are provided.

One of the main issues is that licensing price packages are difficult to choose due to confing choices for common users. One other limitation is that a backup made in a newer version of MS SQL server is not compatible with an older version of SQL Server. For large volumes of data records and for complex data it becomes slower to process queries. Taking backup of a very large number of records also takes time. Sometimes difficult to debug syntax errors.

Anthony
Anthony
CEO in USA

The Only Enterprise Level DBMS I Use

Kommentare: We build enterprise level SAAS, Desktop, Web and Mobile applications and API's. I've been SQL Server for over a decade mainly as a DB Developer but at times as an administrator as well.

A mature DBMS with no limits. Anything we or our customers wanted has always been possible with SQL Server. First class security, speed, and connection capabilities have enabled us to create world class applications for desktop, mobile, and web. The SQL Server community is huge which is critical for those new or rarely used features. I've been working in SQL Server for over a decade and still haven't touched many of the features available. Having a robust community makes learning any new feature quick and easy!

It's not a SQL Server thing per se... but Microsoft's support in general is weak at best. I've never really had a good experience using Microsoft support as it is slow and cumbersome and many times the reps don't communicate well. The huge community is what really what makes all Microsoft products manageable as most anything you want to learn or figure out is a quick browser search away.

Hasan
Hasan
T24 Technical Analyst in Pakistan
Bankwesen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

SQL Server

Kommentare: Overall experience is just amazing. I have been using it for almost 2 years and it helped my organization a lot during release upgrade and it made database migrations so smooth.

Microsoft SQL is quite simple to install and configurations are also easy. As it is a relational database management system, it is a perfect tool for data analysts. As it enable users to filter and extract required data in a few seconds. The product comes with a lot of features like Query analyzer, Integration services, Job scheduler and Reporting services as well. Restoration and backup of multiple databases is a great advantage and I found this feature very useful because it helps a lot in restoring databases in case of any disaster. Also, one can easily schedule tasks in job tools section which is also a very helpful feature of this tool.

Well, it occupies more data storage in order to install database engine as compared to other SQL databases. Also, support is pretty much expensive and requires a lot of maintenance. It consumes too much resources to load and start.

Chirag
CITO in USA
Versicherung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Rock solid, reliable and efficient database

Kommentare: We have enjoyed using SQL Server for various OLTP and data warehousing workloads. It is a workhorse. Its performance is fantastic. Tooling surrounding it is great. We have not encountered a single issue with it. We also have a great local meetup where we discuss the constant improvements SQL Server brings each year.

We love SQL Server's versatility. Every single application we purchase for insurance has support for SQL Server. We have not come across any situation where SQL Server didn't meet our needs.

License models are a bit confusing. Some years Microsoft make it easy to understand. Other years Microsoft makes it even more confusing. Can we run SQL Server in our data centers? Can we run it on the cloud? Do we need to change licensing to run in the cloud? Those questions sound easy to answer but the answers we get from Microsoft or resellers confuse us more. It just seems like the confusion is intentional.

Yuvraaj
I.T. Tech in Trinidad und Tobago
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

There's a reason why most people choose SQL Server over other database softwares

Kommentare: I have never had any problems with SQL Server. It was always efficient and capable of doing whatever needed to be done.

Security is one of the most important aspects of database software since sensitive information can be stored in databases. SQL Servers are some one of the most secure servers out there so data is safe from hackers. The scaling aspect of this software is great so whether your business is very small or very large that uses huge amounts of data to be stored, SQL servers can scale and use appropriate resources to handle databases therefore no lagging issues and problems querying databases etc. which makes it extremely fast and efficient. With the large community that uses SQL Server, you have answers to almost all questions that you may have if you encounter any difficulties setting up or using the software, so troubleshooting is made really easy.

Cost could be an issue as this software could be a bit expensive however with that being said, you definitely will get quality. Also there might be certain compatibility issues with other non Microsoft software that your company may use so in some cases you might have to switch over to Microsoft softwares in your company depending on what they are.

Brenten
Facilities Engineer in USA
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Powerful and Scalable Database Software

Kommentare: Storing large quantities of production data to solve quality and efficiency problems has been a big use for SQL. All of the reporting and power to analyze data has solved countless puzzles for me in my job capacity. I also have done a lot of database administration for our ERP software and the tiles to tune and optimize have always been very helpful.

One of my favorite things about Microsoft SQL Server is the scalability. Whether you are using the free version for a small program running on a local machine or running an entire factory it is the same basic concept of programming and administration. I really appreciated being able to work to have a database software that could grow and expand when I need it too. Additionally the reporting and automation packages that come with it are super powerful. I would absolutely recommend using Microsoft SQL Server as anyone’s data as software

The biggest con in my opinion is that some of the more advanced features for big data analysis and high availability are in the top tier pricing which can be hard for smaller companies to afford. Other than that I have never not been able to solve a problem with Microsoft SQL.

Kudakwashe
Kudakwashe
Software Developer in Südafrika

Data Management made so easy with MS SQL Server

For any developer, before first they can this own what their apps are going to be developed in their should think of what server should host their database. I do believe that MS SQL Server is the best on the marketing when comes to data management and administration. The best feature that i really love the most on MS SQL Server is the ability to disable remote execution of your queries and really helps protect data integrity in case your server authentication has been compromised. You can also be rest assured that your data is consistent and accurate at all times. Yes hackers some times can try sql injection but i believe MS SQL Server its the most secure servers around.

The license key for MS SQL might cost you an arm and a leg but at the end of the day its really worth it when you think of a platform where you are able to develop enterprise apps that secure and helps with Business Intelligence.

Filipe
Filipe
Delevoper in Portugal
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

SQL Server review

Kommentare: SQL server is great, because i can use the same language same application, and for small customers it uses free option, and only for best performnace or bigger data need to pay for it
Can use it locally on on cloud

SQL Server is a great system to develop databases with great functionalities like jobs, procedures, functions ans so one

For me the only think not so good is performance for bigger batabases, but for me between 10GiB and 15GiB works fine

Imi
Imi
MIS Developer in USA
Politische Organisation, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

SQL is getting better as it grows older

Kommentare: SQL Server centralized my data and allows my staff to "believe" that they are working in Excel, It is super fast for loading data from the server, and allow large data set that will normally take hours, or even crash the Excel spreadsheet to load without any issue.
When I am ready for a web app.. SQL server is easy as piece to develop a simple CRUD application and push live.
It seem to connect to every thing - from MS Word Mail merge, MS Excel, MS Access and of course for development environment such as Visual Studios.
One Database ( Centralized) and many presentation modes for the end users. I love it!

MS SQL Server is certainly a competently relational database engine, with reporting service and now R. Easy to install for small onpremise application. Easy to administer, easy to backup, easy because it is a Microsoft application. It is so easy that most of the application today I work on seem to be pulling data from SQL into Excel and or Power BI. You can start from free version and expand as time goes by. The management studio take the pain our of scripting, and the online support community most likely have your questions answered with T-SQL scripts for copy and pasting. If you deciding on an option for an Relational Database system - you should look at this as your most productive option. It allows you to focus on the problem by making the technology easy.

The new the version, the more memory intensive this management studio will become. Microsoft need to create some more easy to use tool for change control and change tracking. Backward compatibility - if you used a higher version during development, then it become a pain to use a lower version during production environment.

Quentin
Products Director in USA

This sequel is better

Kommentare: Once SQL Server in Azure was selected, it proved to be a great experience. Security, performance and usability was ironed out for us already. We could focus on building our application rather than learning something new about cloud security or how to use a new type of database or database language variation. We have been pleased with the ability to research performance and include other features such as SSIS to accomplish our business requirements easily. Knowing that manual tasks are being completed automatically is a sigh of relief. We also will know immediately if there are any issues. We have had a great experience with SQL Server.

It is an industry standard that continues to improve to make the lives of developers easier. We are able to produce software solutions more efficiently because Microsoft continues to improve SQL Server. We rely heavily on this as critical to our business. Developers tell me how flexible SQL Server is also. SQL is more compatible with software packages than other competing databases.

Parts can be not intuitive unless you've been using it for awhile. It is a technical piece of software that requires time and training. If you need the Enterprise edition for specific features, it is expensive.

Surender
Technical Lead in Indien

Best DBMS tool for scalable enterprises

Kommentare: My overall experience is 100% satisfactory because of its robust feature. I recommend this to all either its a large or small scale compan y because SQL server can handle large quantities of data and process it smoothly. Just loving it.

Microsoft SQL server is one of the best database management system that provide top rated performance optimisation with SQL queries, below is the list of top highlights: 1. Richness of user interface that provides ease of use with cool features like dock able windows. 2. Intelligence window is prominent feature that saves a lot of development time up to large extent. 3. Code debugging and performance tuning with query flow maps is the best features that assures about code optimisation. 4. Microsoft SQL Server Agent is provided with this software and that runs the automatic jobs in very secure way and later we can track the statements executed. 5. We can filter out the records in SQL Server Agent interface based on our interest. 6. Code snippet manager makes it easy to write high standard code that is perfact for code convention. 7. Most prominent feature is that it can handle large quantities of data, runs automatic jobs with concurrent transactions. 8. At last it's a Microsoft product that provides a belief to users.

I have been using SQL server from version 2012 to 2014 and never troubled with SQL server's performance in any way. However I feel that error details must long descriptive when statement have some syntax error. Sometime its pathetic when we wants to know the exact error line but is hints the whole block of code instead of exact line number. Otherwise Its a great product and happy with it.