Phocas Analytics Erfahrungen

von Phocas Software

Filtern nach:

Über Phocas Analytics

Phocas Software bietet ca. 1.600 Kunden weltweit eine unternehmensweite und branchenspezifische SaaS-Datenanalyse-Lösung.

Erfahre mehr über Phocas Analytics

Gary M.
Gary M.
Commercial Director
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 29.10.2019

"Best in class BI"

Kommentare: Phocas is extremely easy to use for a non Technical users. It holds huge amounts of data and is pretty fast at being able to get the information required out of the system fast.

Vorteile: It is easy to use for all sales people. Lots of information at your fingertips.

Nachteile: Having all this data you need to understand d how to use it. This is not always easy.

• Bewertet am 29.10.2019
Jim M.
Sales & Marketing Manager
Groߟhandel, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 10.10.2019

"Phocas has helped us keep our salespeople on task"

Kommentare: Phocas software is great! We are just scratching the surface with what it can do and look forward to using this more.

Vorteile: We have used Phocas since 2008 and have always liked how fast we can generate reports. The reports that I have setup to e-mail keep me informed on key indicators in our business. We started using CRM a couple of years ago and like how easy it is for our salespeople to enter calls on their mobile device.

Nachteile: I would like to see a better way to track and run reports on leads in CRM. Sometimes upgrades and support take a little longer the we would like.

Rhys M.
Purchasing/IT
  • Bewertet am 26.8.2021

"Phocas Changed Everything for US."

Kommentare: As I said in my Pros section, we are making data driven decisions now and our sales reflect that. Also, their customer service team is top notch and more on the ball than any other software company I have dealt with in recent years.

Vorteile: Before we migrated over to Phocas we were using MITS which was very clunky and very slow. Because of these reasons most of us never really touched it. That meant that we weren't utilizing data when making decisions and more using our gut. Since implementing Phocas our decision making has been data driven and we are making smart choices and it shows in our sales.

Nachteile: The only con I can think of had really nothing to do with Phocas. We had a rough time when we switched ERP systems. But the issue was with the ERP company and not Phocas.

• Bewertet am 26.8.2021
Clare P.
CE
Medizinische Geräte, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 7.2.2020

"I feel like it can be a useful tool, if you are in the know!"

Kommentare: I would suggest a simple user guide to come up the first time you log in, so you are aware of the real potential of this software.

Vorteile: Once you have been shown how to use this software, it can be a very useful tool, especially for us as CEs who aren't directly involved with the Sales side of the business.

Nachteile: Unless someone is a pro on Phocas, it is difficult to navigate your way around it and completely understand how to use it.

• Bewertet am 7.2.2020
Chris B.
CFO
  • Bewertet am 2.9.2021

"Phocas Review"

Kommentare: It is the primary tool for our management reporting.

Vorteile: It's intuitive and easy to navigate. Gets to the answers quickly.

Nachteile: The dashboard graphics/colors do not have as much visual pop as other apps.

• Bewertet am 2.9.2021
Jorge A.
IT
Medizinische Geräte, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

"Best BI Tool"

Kommentare: I love it, since we really started using phocas(last pug conference) I have decreased the amount of crystal reports by at least 75% or more.

Vorteile: This software allows me to gather databases from all over the organization and present the, to our users via dashboard/report or let them drive their own reporting.

Nachteile: It was a bit difficult to understand the Sync/dbdesigner part since documentation on this was a bit vague

David G.
Director of IT
Groߟhandel, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 6.8.2021

"Wholesale distributor review of Phocas"

Kommentare: Great!

Vorteile: Ease of use
Speed to market (straightforward deployment)

Nachteile: Cloud version response time gets a little sluggish here and there but not too often.

• Bewertet am 6.8.2021
Thomas C.
VP Sales & Marketing
  • Bewertet am 17.8.2021

"Why I recommend Phocas to all of my peers in this industry."

Kommentare: There isn't enough space to go through the numerous benefits I have gained since purchasing this software. I have reorganized sales territories based on overly concentrated vertical sales. Our team now has a place to review and track sales vs goals daily. I have a consolidated and by location view of my clients in an easy to find manner along with a customer stratification system to help manage margins, AR terms compliance, etc to educate the sales team on what we need to be doing differently with said accounts (spend more time, spend less, cross sell specific items....) . Like I say, I could spend all day on the benefits.

Vorteile: I have been exposed to 10 or more different operating systems over the course of my 26 year business career. NONE of them have provided adequate business intelligence tools. Phocas is highly intuitive and thorough which saves me hours per week of spreadsheet work. I cannot offer a better compliment than it being an amazing time management tool.

Nachteile: There are a few issues I have with loading budgets and working through Administrative User rights but that is an infrequent issue. I would like to have a few additional graphical options for data visualization but it works just fine as it is. What I like the absolute least is that we didn't add additional modules...accounting, pricing tools... and have no plans to do so in the near future due to budgetary contraints.

Josh C.
Director of Supply Chain

"Phocas is a necessity!"

Kommentare: Fantastic. [SENSITIVE CONTENT], our Customer Success Consultant is amazing. She's readily available and knows exactly what she is doing. Their support staff is also very accommodating and knowledgeable. We've dealt with other software companies and they take their time and treat you like they don't need your business and
over charge for routine services. Phocas is a true partner. A couple projects that were able to be successful with the use of Phocas is: Customer Stratification, Gap Analysis, Daily Inventory Analysis (Which was huge for this last year) and our Dead Stock process.

Vorteile: The ease of use. As an admin of Phocas, it was very easy to get our staff onboarded and very comfortable with day to day usage. If the staff isn't going to use the tool, then it's worthless no matter how great the data is.

Nachteile: Phocas is great at listening to our issues and roll out timely updates to add new features or fix issues.

Bobby A.
Director I.T. Services
  • Bewertet am 11.8.2021

"Getting the most out of data 'NOW' !!"

Kommentare: Our number one benefit was saving time and delivering information to our Salesforce. Prior to PHOCAS every need for information came as a request to our I.T. department. With a limited staff keeping our systems updated and available was a major time consumer ... leaving very little time to develop the report or query request that constantly came into the department. After Implementing PHOCAS the number of request went down mon th by month as the Salesforce started using PHOCAs and getting their information without having to wait on the I.T. staff to produce it.

Vorteile: Deliver what was promised. Ease of implementation, Ease of training, Ease of Customer service.
Price point sealed the deal.

Nachteile: As we looked at several products we found that most of them had the same look and feel. Most wanted a high front end implementation cost along with a 2 year commitment. Phocas was willing to do a 'Install, try and buy' approach.... nothing to lose but some system admin time working with Phocas to setup the environment to prove it worked. So with that said ... our only 'con' comment is ... we wish we had implemented sooner.

• Bewertet am 11.8.2021
Bill W.
Business Optimization Manager
Lagerung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 10.10.2019

"Johnstone Supply - Las Vegas - Why Phocas has increased our productivity!"

Kommentare: Overall we are very happy with this product. It has opened the door for getting information to our teams much faster and it also created a new full time position for data analysis! The flexibility of being able to create our own databases, & adding to existing databases has increased our ability to share information to our teams in a easy to view format instead of sending spreadsheets that some people did not look at.

Vorteile: It is very easy to use! I can show someone the basics in 5 to 10 minutes and they are off and running creating favorites and dashboards. The software is updated every month and their support and documentation is outstanding.
The product gives us the information we need faster than doing it in our ERP system. With a couple of clicks you can analyze you sales data and then quickly change views to look at the data in a completely different way. It very robust in all the options you have.
The company is developing based on their customer needs, you can tell that they all want to help us achieve success with this product.

Nachteile: This is hard to say because their are few cons. We have requested enhancements and we have some support issues that are submitted. But we have no visibility , (web portal), to review what we already submitted. It would be nice to have a support portal to check open cases and enhancements we have submitted.

Graham L.
Business Intelligence Coordinator
Öl & Energie, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 17.10.2019

"Happy to Recommend Phocas!"

Kommentare: We started with Phocas in 2009 with just the standard sales database for one region of our business but have now progressed to multiple sales databases for other business units with fully integrated rebates module as well as finance and procurement style database now, with plans to roll it out further in other parts of the business.

Vorteile: The ease of use of Phocas is what puts it at the top of our list for BI software. The set up of the data was quick and easy (with great support from the Phocas guys) and ability to drill down from top line data right into the detail of a transaction is what makes Phocas a great tool for us. Phocas is widely used across our business to track and analyse sales data, finance data and purchasing data with future plans to add more modules. The PUG Forum is also a good feature for me, if there is something that you don't know how to do then you'll find the info there or someone can point you in the right direction. It's also a great place to suggest the feature that you'd like to see and Phocas review and add on to their product road map, so you know they are listening to your ideas.

Nachteile: I'd say the visualizations and widgets on the dashboards could do with abit of updating. The charts aren't always a flexible as you'd like with axes labels and adjusting the axes to suit the chart, plus you have to be quite specific with the data in the first place to get the chart you want.

• Bewertet am 17.10.2019
Nicholas G.
Data Analyst

"Phocas is Amazing!"

Kommentare: The biggest benefit is not having our sales reps rely on our IT department to create a report from an old legacy system. They also don't have to rely on standard out of the box reports that can be limited in scope. Phocas allows them to instantly dive into their sales data and find anything they need--from summary numbers to very specific sales data. In fact, this applies across all departments including management. The ease and flexibility of finding information is incredible.

Vorteile: Ease of use. Within seconds I can find the exact data I am looking for. It requires very little technical knowledge, however, I have set up many advanced sales--and even financial--reports using Custom Mode. The software loads quickly, and I have rarely encountered a bug. On the few occasions where I have emailed the support desk they ALWAYS respond quickly and have a solution implemented right away. This is definitely not the case with many other software companies that I deal with. I love Phocas.

Nachteile: This is very minor, but exporting reports could use some touch ups. Exporting to Excel comes with conditional formatting. Some users may like it, however I almost always remove the conditional formats because it dramatically slows down other functions I may perform with the data in Excel. Again, this is very minor as I understand the usefulness to some users of having the conditional formats already set up. I also occasionally print a report that displays in a weird format with regards to column headings and column widths.

Ken L.
Business Analyst
  • Bewertet am 17.8.2021

"Good BI Tool, Not Great"

Kommentare: Good, basic BI tool that can give sales teams good information to understand their customers and opportunities to grow sales and margins.

Vorteile: Easy to pull in our ERP data.
Good to summarize trends and KPI metrics.
Matrix feature is great to find correlated products "like" customers aren't buying.
Ability to filter (called "Focus") on a dimension and all of the widgets within the dashboards will update to just show the info relative to that filter.
Ability to quickly change dimensions and measures to show information in different ways.
The customer service department is awesome - will help whenever and however they can.

Nachteile: Custom calculations are hard to use.
Graphing tools are not robust (i.e. no data labels, data tables, combo charts are limited, etc.)
Needs an additional user license that fits in between the Viewer and Full Licenses to give additional user features like exporting, but not the ability to design dashboards.
Formatting and sorting the data is below average.
The back-end Designer tool takes awhile to master.
Wish there was a handbook or instructions on how to use the different features of the software.

Lisa G.
Marketing Coordinator
Groߟhandel, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 10.8.2021

"Phocas is a fantastic tool!"

Kommentare: I do a lot of reporting in my role with the company, not only internal but external to our vendors and also customers. I am able to provide real time reports via Phocas. This has been where I most have appreciated the software. I used to have to email all my reports which would take countless hours week after week. WIth Phocas, setting up a link takes a few minutes on the front end but then it's done and you can easily share with many. I have been able to dig into our data and provide analysis that I would have not been able to do otherwise.

Vorteile: I love the flexibility within Phocas and the ease with which you can customize reporting to fit so many different areas of business. I especially am thankful for the links that you can provide to non-users to share reporting outside of your company. Phocas makes my job so much easier and gives me the power to provide quick and useful reports.

Nachteile: Until I discovered the online videos and trainings, I was not able to use the software to the fullest! I highly recommend when the software is introduced to a new user, that they watch some of the 101 level trainings to learn all that can be done.

Adam L.
VP Finance
  • Bewertet am 30.7.2021

"Phocas Review"

Kommentare: Phocas has been really easy to use and allows us the insight into our business that we need. Furthermore, support has been really good.

Vorteile: The best part of Phocas is the ease of use. They really make it easy and intuitive to find the information you are looking for.

Nachteile: This is largely in part to our ERP system, but not everything we would like to have in Phocas came with our integration. We have to have custom programming done to unlock further usage of our system in Phocas.

• Bewertet am 30.7.2021
Jason H.
Area Manager
Automotive, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 10.10.2019

"Comprehensive Reporting & Business Building Tool"

Kommentare: My overall experience with Phocas has been excellent, we use the system to monitor growing and declining sales to protect out business and easily identify buying gaps to help increase sales.

Vorteile: Ease of use, speed of reporting and level of detail available that can be accessed. Automated reporting saves a lot of time. Support from the account managers when required is excellent.

Nachteile: Sometimes some of the functionality could be improved further to allow more flexibility. An example here would be multiple options for subscriptions i.e. a weekly report that you could also set to receive at monthend without the need to create a new favourite. Nest function is a fantastic addition to the functionality but due to the way Phocas works you have to start at the bottom layer of data then build layers above.

Alan M.
Business Improvement Manager
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 31.10.2019

"Cost effective Management Information"

Kommentare: This replaced "hand crafted" Excel and VBA sheets over a 10 day period to the consumer , we then developed Phocas to suit our needs and one drop of data updates all users with all views in 1 day.

Vorteile: Ease of use , ability to develop our own customised views , one change updates all consumers of the views , scalable - we can add more data and create relationships to enrich existing views to the consumer , Enable better decision making data in dashboard views allowing the consumer to pic and choose what is important today .
We have never looked back - we chose Phocas in 2013 to feed our front end business with tailor made views of data to enable swift decision making - we developed our support team to self create views from data feed through to data visualisation - this replaced our Excel and VBA sheets that were people hungry to produce - now we simply load our data periodically and the consumer can a see "all they want to see when they want to see it "

Nachteile: Understanding how the background of the product , as we decided from day one that we would be self sufficient in all our development needs and not many businesses had taken this approach with Phocas at that time.

• Bewertet am 31.10.2019
Chris M.
Business Analyst
Groߟhandel, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 5.8.2021

"Great Product with First Class Support"

Kommentare: Phocas has easily been one of our most successful implementations. Users love it.

Vorteile: Offers easy deployment and maintenance. Database builds are a snap while offering dynamic reporting, dashboards and alerts.

Nachteile: More access to backend functionality would be helpful.

Moe A.
Inside Sales
Baumaterial, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 29.7.2021

"Great , Impactful Software"

Kommentare: overall I am very satisfied with this program and I highly recommend it to my clientele.

Vorteile: Ever Since the team has implemented Phocas, I have been able to track my sales progress and been able to keep up with my goals and successes. this program also allows me to have my track record available and see where I need improvement and have a clear written history in terms of graphs and charts as to what has been done in the past, and present.

Nachteile: the only problem I have with this problem is that sometimes , the program freezes, lags and does not upload the data from the day prior.

• Bewertet am 29.7.2021
Mike J.
IT Manager
  • Bewertet am 9.10.2019

"BI software that let's me do it the way I want to do it."

Kommentare: Being able to run reports in minutes instead of hours has saved me so much time. It helps me work more efficiently.

Vorteile: What I most like about Phocas is I can get to the information I need by how I think about it. While someone else in my company can get to the same exact information in a totally different manner. The great thing is we get to the same exact information.

Nachteile: The thing I like least is the inability to print nice looking dashboards. We have sales meetings and the managers want to print each salesmen's information from a master dashboard. This way it can be handed out to each person so they can see their information as it is talked about generally in the meeting.

Stephanie S.
B.I. Software Specialist
Logistik & Lieferkette, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 9.5.2017

"I've worked with Phocas for just a year, and absolutely LOVE it."

Vorteile: The ease of use is great, and has brought so much benefit to our company. We are able to customize reports and dashboards to our needs as a company, which is a huge deal. Getting reports out to our field is easy and painless. We use subscriptions constantly, and that has made many employee's lives easier.

Nachteile: I wish, still there was more ability to customize the report layouts. There are a lot of times when I have to create the report in Phocas, export it, and then do additional formatting in Excel. Also, the ability to download an entire dashboard would be amazing! It would make it so much easier than exporting each part individually.

• Bewertet am 9.5.2017
James L.
Finance Director

"Phocas going forward"

Kommentare: It is giving us an insight we have never had before into our performance and the measure ability especially in terms of profit and there link to rebates.

Vorteile: I am most excited about the ability to draw in different strands of information from the various software platforms we operate as part of the business. We generate so much data that frankly its too intimidating to consider analysis of it all without the services of Phocas

Nachteile: I would like to see more integration in the CRM side of the software. For instance our ERP is ultimately our primary CRM system aswell, so we manage the contacts there, but they do not automatically sync through to the contacts tab of the CRM section. Some further automation from existing systems would be nice.

Robert T.
National Account Manager
Baumaterial, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 2.8.2021

"Hindsight is 20/20, Phocas brings it to your Dashboard!"

Kommentare: From day one, the support we have felt from our primary internal advocate has allowed us to venture further and deeper into the expanse of Phocas. I am taking this individual's deliverables as a testimony to the support being shared by the Phocas Team.

Vorteile: The apparently limitless possibilities. With our custom insulation solutions business, our metrics and analytics are unique, and Phocas has kept up, nay, surpassed our demands!

Nachteile: There is not a con to the software, the con comes with my time being able to dig in and leverage all of the cool factors.
My analogy: my car has many special cool features, but most of the time, I simply get in it and drive.
Need to stop, read the manual, and truly put it (and expect excellent performance) to the test!

• Bewertet am 2.8.2021
Dean W.
IT Manager

"Happy PHOCAS User"

Kommentare: I speak for all at 3E when I say this product is used daily and relied upon to be the source of good data for analytics from our ERP System.

Vorteile: Ease of use.
Depth of its capabilities.
Intuitive - Minimal Training needed for general user.

Nachteile: I wish I had more time to learn the product backend features.