The Best Process Automation Tool on the Market

Chadd S.
Principal Consultant
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've been an avid user of Nintex products since 2013. I started out as a basic user of the platform, to then building workflows and forms, to now consulting on it. Nintex is a really simple product to use. When you compare it other tools like SharePoint Designer Workflows/InfoPath, or even newer products from O365 like Flow/PowerApps, Nintex still stands above the rest. It's just a super simple product to use. A lot of the functionality is drag and drop. You can easily drag and drop controls into the designer. It's then easy to construct the settings within those action to fit your needs. The logic easily flows together. This can all be done without any in-depth IT experience. Any user in the company can be trained to use Nintex and create workflows and forms for their business needs.

Vorteile: The entire Nintex suite is unlike any other process automation product out there. Not only is it a low-code, easy to use tool for building processes in environments like SharePoint or Salesforce, they have really started to expand their tool-set by offering tools to manage other things like process mapping, RPA, mobile. This list goes on. Nintex can do it all.

Nachteile: To be honest, there aren't many things I dislike about Nintex. One complaint I hear a lot from clients is the pricing of the tool. It can be expensive, but like you always hear, you get what you pay for.

NO CONTEST - seriously

Bewertet am 28.11.2019
Martie O.
SharePoint / Nintex Specialist

Kommentare: My background: 3 years embedded 24/7 in the Nintex on-prem toolset building custom solutions in the financial services industry. During that time, Nintex became my go-to toolset for accomplishing the impossible. I was appointed to my current consulting position primarily as a result of that experience, and have functioned as a subject matter expert in this environment ever since. Nintex has recently been placed under pressure from PowerApps & Flow, but Nintex outstrips every other offering I've ever worked with in the automation game. No other product I've tried can handle the level of complexity Nintex handles with ease. Companies evaluate automation purely on price point, but they are unaware of the hidden costs PowerApps & Flow bring about. For example: if you want to roll out an app to the entire enterprise and all your clients, it would cost you 1 Nintex form and 1 workflow because the product is powerful / stable enough to combine the output of a dozen Flows into a single Nintex workflow, but if you build the same app on PowerApps / Flow, every single user needs to be individually licensed for those products. Bye bye cheap licences for non-power-users. This little nugget is seldom shared with people who hold the cheque books. Please share this with them, very loudly and from all the roof tops.

Vorteile: Its sheer, unadulterated power. I've built single Nintex workflows where a dozen Flows couldn't do the same job in the same time, with the same level of efficiency. I also found it far easier to learn than Flow - I still hate that POS. It's hands-down the most efficient automation toolset I've ever used.

Nachteile: It's obviously difficult to match the on-prem power in an O365 world and there are functions in the on-prem space I'd dearly love to see duplicated across, but we all know that everything has an opportunity cost. In order to get some of the awesome new functionality in the O365 space, some of my favourite toys may need to be sacrificed.

Feedback from Daily User

Karen W.
ICT Coordinator
Verbraucherdienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our business has massively benefited from the introduction of Nintex Forms and flow and have been able to take some of most cumbersome process and improve efficiencies significantly. We look forward to implementing some of the newer features in the future and possibly some other aspects of Nintex as a whole.

Vorteile: Simplicity in form creation, particularly with new version and the ease of linking to SharePoint lists. Love some of the new features I have seen and am waiting for everything to be in the SharePoint version. There are so many things i could say but as far as this type of product is concerned, in my opinion it is definitely the best.

Nachteile: Requirement to know code for some things. Most of it is there but when it comes to specifics then I find it hard to find the information I need to be able to achieve something. I also don't find help material logical and it takes a long to filter to find the exact answer to sometimes very simple questions. Also wish there were more workshop/training opportunities around SharePoint form creation and flow. Lastly, flow is extremely difficult to view and follow when they becomes large.

Good product with poor account management

Bewertet am 27.12.2019
Business Systems Analyst
Halbleiter, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This review is for the Nintex Workflows on-prem server licenses. It does a better job than SharePoint Designer on the process automation in SharePoint and different applications/servers. However, due to the drama on the account management side and the higher pricing to the cloud, I will not consider implement it in the cloud environment.

Vorteile: The workflow design canvas also works as a documentation platform for the project release or even the audit review. With the purchase of license, we can create unlimited workflows with the old pricing model. We learned the new subscription model prices based on the number of workflows on the cloud, and the price is higher than what we would like to afford. I am glad that we only use Nintex Workflows in the on-prem environment.

Nachteile: The thing that I dislike Nintex most is their horrendous customer service. Within a year of the license purchase, I have been contacted consistently with 6 different account managers and ALL of them wanted to know our company and learn how we used Nintex!?! Initially I talked to them, then I realized every of them is new to Nintex and I just kept repeating the same conversation to different account manager! This company has high employee turnover rate and is very unorganized. They provided me a wrong quote and blamed it to an employee no longer with the company. Though the quote had not expired, Nintex refused to honor it. After we paid. the tech support also issued our renewed server licenses to a wrong person... There is so much drama on the account / license management side of Nintex, which really ruins the reputation of their products.

Review for Nintex Workflow only

Bewertet am 3.12.2019
IT
Halbleiter, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall Nintex workflow has allowed us to streamline several business processes (including RMA, Shipping document creation, etc. ) in our manufacturing environment. Site workflows have improved data transparency to business users and owners. Note: Nintex workflow might be a solution for Nintex to fix their license renewal process!

Vorteile: Visual workflow tool that is easier to use and troubleshoot that standard SPD workflows. In the past 3+ years myself and team have been able to achieve workflows that would not be able to be done with SPD: including pushing SP form data to word templates, site reporting workflows and interacting with excel spreadsheets.

Nachteile: Software is fine despite unexpected canceled workflows with poor guidance on why it canceled. Support / purchase and renewal process is not transparent. The renewal process is not straightforward and this year in particular we have gone through 5 different contacts (Nintex employees and Nintex 3rd party) to just renew our yearly license. Very confusing and frustrating for a simple process.

DevFacto Technologies - Reseller Partner review

Bewertet am 6.12.2019
Mario Z.
Director, Sales

Kommentare: Our overall experience has been exceptional. The suite of products is high quality and the staff are very supportive, reactive, positive and very pleasant to work with in every aspect of needs and requirements.

Vorteile: Nintex is visual so technical and especially non technical end users get a very clean perspective on how its configured and used to streamline many day-to-day Business Processes. Our Consultants have great success showcasing how it brings value to every department or division in the corporation as it seeks to become faster, more accurate and lean in process automation.

Nachteile: It's premium price. As our Customers are exposed to more and varied solutions from many different providers it is sometimes a little more difficult to justified a premium priced suite of products.

Nintex for SharePoint

Bewertet am 2.12.2019
Caroline B.
Technical Project Manager III
Staatsverwaltung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Nintex is the foundation of our workflow structure across a large organization. We could not achieve our SharePoint design requirements without Nintex.

Vorteile: Much more flexible and customizable workflow solution for SharePoint.
Much better form generator and much better customization for forms.

Nachteile: Limitations on form activity. Documentation of form customization is weak. Some features do not work as anticipated.

Wonderful... and then it Breaks

Minnie W.
Quality Engineer
Chemikalien, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My overall experience with Nintex workflows has been a positive one. Even though I am experiencing the "failed to run" errors currently, all of my other workflows run and continue to operate smoothly. I continue to suggest incorporating Nintex workflows into our processes.

Vorteile: The Nintex workflows are amazingly intuitive. As long as you have a firm understanding of what you want to happen, the Nintex workflow can make it happen. The functionality is amazing.

Nachteile: The workflow breaks. Randomly. Failed to run, failed to start errors when there seems to be nothing wrong. I only see this issue in my most complicated workflow. All others run business as usually.

Powerfull but slow and with a lot of bugs

Bewertet am 25.11.2019
Karim H.
IT-Consultant

Kommentare: I was a huge fan of Nintex for the on premise SharePoint. But since my customers are moving more and more to Office 365 I'm becomming more reluctant because of the performance issues

Vorteile: Its possible to solve a lot of issues using Nintex without the need to code

Nachteile: The performance is very slow. Especially when using Nintex Forms for SharePoint online. We have a huge issue with user acceptancy because of this. Loading a form can take over 30 seconds. In addition there are a lot of frustrating issues in the designer: its not possible to modify or even to check the settings on references. You need always to start all over, if you want to change something. Sometimes configured actions brake without any reason.

Average program for data saving

Bewertet am 30.9.2019
Gülendam Ö.
Mechanical Engineer
Automotive, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: That can only usable for couple of file types and it is not usefull for rest of the documents

Vorteile: We are using only couple of purposes and if i want to upload a document it is easy to use and it leads the way.

Nachteile: I can upload files but i can't search any of them. I have to scroll from top to end and it is time wasting process.

Tackle Large Problem With Ease

Bewertet am 8.11.2018
SharePoint 2013 Enterprise Application Developer
Computer-Software, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Nintex has given us chance to be more gainful. This instrument has a ton of in OOB capacity which not just causes us to control the measure of customization and furthermore enhances the time spent for any new element expansion. The item is adaptable and has part of intensity in itself which multifold when gets added to SharePoint out of box capacities. The item has a decent and solid work process demonstrate which is extremely dependable and furthermore gives chance to troubleshoot the issue. The item has been very much acknowledged by all end clients and they like the portable good element the best.

Vorteile: The extensive variety of work process ability which encourages incredibly to decrease customization in SharePoint. Any day to business capacity will be accessible in Nintex out of box.We have spent a great deal of cash and endeavors in tweaking part of SharePoint application. I wish we could have discovered this item previously with the goal that we could have dodged the customization. Making arrangements for Nintex is extremely vital, when we begun we figured we will improve the situation just 15% of the application yet now we figure we could have expanded that rate. Since client selection for Nintex is superior to any custom arrangements.

Nachteile: The UI still looks like minimal old and can be significantly moved forward. Thee organization is making a decent attempt however when analyzed against a few companions I see prerequisite of upgrades. In the event that you contrast and some other cloud based item you probably won't care for the look and feel which may be minimal old.

A good tool to automate your business processes

Bewertet am 25.6.2019
SharePoint Engineer and Technical Support Analyst
Öl & Energie, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Nintex is generally a good tool. SharePoint with Nintex features seems even more attractive and satisfactory.

Vorteile: Nintex is really easier to set up and configure. For end users who are actually not good in programming and who do have any coding experience, Nintex is a great advantage so that they can go to SharePoint Platform and create their own workflows which allows to automate business processes. As an engineering team, we chose Nintex over default SharePoint Workflows, because it gives more functionalities to the basic SharePoint platform and it extends SharePoint with new features which are not currently available in SharePoint. Visualization and overall User Interface are really well designed, which allows for effective user experience.

Nachteile: However, the tool is not supported effectively, I would say. It has to be given more consideration and care when customers ask for help. This is just a kind advice to Nintex. The second of all, the performance is a bit slow and overall architecture is a bit complicated which it really makes it difficult to learn, implement and configure the tool over SharePoint. Nintex has also a lot of dependencies on SharePoint and this makes it difficult to scale effectively. For new releases, it could better if they notify the administrators, engineers in customer companies to be aware of the current changes, additional new features.

Scalable Product

Bewertet am 3.9.2018
Josh B.
Program Implementation Manager
Logistik & Lieferkette, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Outstanding.

Vorteile: Nintex neatly fills the gap between SalesForce and emailing a colleague... where a full scale workflow manager is overkill... but unmanaged communication isn't cutting it. For setup, Nintex eschews coding in favour of graphical workflow setups. Each node on the workflow as modular attributes and options that affect how the system works; as the administrator, it bridges your abstract workflow designs with implementing this product 1:1. The user experience is wild: if you implement this product properly, users will *never even know* they're using a workflow manager. Nintex's outputs are sent to users by email; users reply to that same email with custom action words like "approved" or "rejected" which pushes tasks or files to the next steps of the system. I have a lot of experience for technophobes and 'computer challenged' people... Nintex's genius is in talking to those end users like a memo from 1992.

Nachteile: The product is priced according to the number of workflows, not the number of users. It can be difficult to sell this product in small companies where the ROI is skewed by few users/ numerous workflows. For numerous users/ moderate workflows, this product sells itself.

Nintex has the best SharePoint product

Bewertet am 23.8.2017
Gary M.
Systems Administrator
Tiefbau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Ability to create nice forms and complex workflows to create entire systems on SharePoint.

Vorteile: As far as the Workflow and Forms products for SharePoint, it has no equal in the SharePoint world. You can create custom and advanced forms and complex workflows to do nearly any job imaginable. They have a great community and there are many consultants available for anyone to work with Nintex programs. The customization and automation we were able to put in place with Nintex let our entire organization be more efficient .

Nachteile: It is an IT piece of software and therefore few users will be comfortable with using it. But as an IT professional or SharePoint admin that understands logic and flow, it's the best software available. Also the cost is expensive, especially with the subscription model.

Great bundle of features for Process Management & Process Automation

Bewertet am 30.5.2019
Architect
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: This tool is so easy to use and provide Flexible drag & drop designer option to develop Advanced workflows, forms, & state machines .It is seamless to Integrated across different systems . Works well with SharePoint on premise and SP Online . Love using it.

Nachteile: Licencing cost is bit expensive which some time creates hurdle for customer who is having budget constraints.

SharePoint workflow made easy

Bewertet am 7.3.2018
Greg T.
Sr Busines Systems Analyst

Kommentare: We were able to automate processes with very little code by tapping into the SharePoint workflow engine.

Vorteile: It's rather simple to use, administer and maintain. Once it's deployed you're typically good to go.
Upgrades are also rather straight forward.

Nachteile: It's expensive for what it is, its paint and putty on top of SharePoint. It's worth money, I just question the amount of money.

System limitations and Performance (Nintex Workflow and Nintex Form for SharePoint Online)

Bewertet am 4.12.2019
Vongsi L.
Developer
Versicherung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Nintex Workflow easy to use, there are many options/features, the Nintex form also has great features.

Nachteile: Performance of the Systems, it takes times to load the Nintex form in SharePoint online, take time to start workflow, no option to track status (Cannot show in visual as in Nintex Workflow for SharePoint 2010) of the workflow instance, the system/workflow is currently not support setup delegation.

Nintex Forms & Workflow Engine

Bewertet am 13.1.2019
Ravi G.
Sr. Project Lead
Öl & Energie, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Both Nintex Form & Workflow design and development is very user friendly including the deployment too...

Vorteile: Creating complex custom forms using Nintex is very easy and user friendly...a Layman can also build the form easily...

Nachteile: Many time the workflow didnt trigger immediately and it will take few minutes and says it is in queue...

Nintex Review

Bewertet am 5.12.2019
Rob R.
SharePoint Admin
Staatsverwaltung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use Nintex within most of our SharePoint applications. The software provides a quick easy to maintain process automation for these applications.

Vorteile: The ease of use. Creating and updating workflows is very straight forward and intuative

Nachteile: Debugging workflows can sometimes be a challenge

Nintex is...

Bewertet am 22.11.2019
Heidi T.
Special Project Administrator
Informationsdienst, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been trying to move off of it for the whole 6 years I have been here and can't seem to do it. It is insidious.

Vorteile: Robust
Complete
Reliable
Supported
Flexible
Unlimited

Nachteile: Expensive
We use Nintex for our workflows behind our sharepoint environment
Newer versions of SharePoint have some workflows built-in

Best Business Process Automation Tool

Bewertet am 8.6.2018
Benjamin S.
Sr. SharePoint Consultant
51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Nintex is so easy to understand and pick up. Anyone form a BA to a dev can pick this up and build workflows, forms and even mobile apps without writing code.

Nachteile: Each product is different. You have thing on prem, that are not in O365 and things in the cloud that are not on-prem.

The Powerful Nintex

Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Software Developer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Nintex has a wide range to tools such as Forms, Workflow and Nintex Live. I have mainly used Forms and Workflow within our SharePoint environment and it gives the user power to developer complex processes easily using the Workflow part of it. Forms then allows the user to create modern, sleek, dynamic forms to give a professional look and feel to the generic SharePoint form.

Nachteile: My only Con was certain limitations with certain functionality but that was due to our environment version but we are due to upgrade so those cons should be removed.

My personal review

Ricky Y.
Lead Technical Consultant

Vorteile: Nintex is easy to use. And people with background non IT can understand it

Nachteile: Nintex repeating column should be used with json. Xml is too annoying and too heavy

Nintex Review

Bewertet am 2.12.2019
Verity H.
Project Manager/HR Consultant

Kommentare: We've implemented NINTEX forms and workflows to meet a variety of business processes. Currently I'm working on digitising paper-based processes for a hospital. They staff particularly like that they can use their mobile phones to submit forms!

Vorteile: I like the interface alot. It's fairly intuative.

Nachteile: Pretty steep learning curve on basic functions.

DocGen for Salesforce by Nintex has saved us thousands!

Bewertet am 15.2.2018
Sarah C.
Field Services Manager
Architektur & Planung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: DocGen is a huge timesaver. We have shaved hours off our daily workload by being able to automate our proposal system through salesforce.

Nachteile: The initial set up is difficult. It has a pretty steep learning curve unless you're a programmer/admin. Support is very responsive with any questions, however, so getting a resolution should be quick and easy.