Deutschland Lokales Produkt

Über MindMeister

MindMeister ist ein Online-Mindmapping-Tool, das Echtzeit-Zusammenarbeit, Brainstorming, Notizen und Projektplanung erleichtert.

Erfahre mehr über MindMeister

If ever I want to jot new mind maps and feel active again then I can just renew my subscription. So that's a really flexible way to use the product.

The only annoying detail i've come across so far is that formatting is lost when undoing a move, which i'm sure is fixable in future updates.

Bewertungen zu MindMeister

MindMeister hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 297 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du MindMeister bereits verwendet?

Still the gold standard of mind map software

Untertitel auf Deutsch sind im Videoplayer verfügbar
Founder in UK

Still the gold standard of mind map software

Kommentare: Great piece of kit - helps me layout my plans in simple yet powerful graphical formats

It is so easy to use and gets great results every time

The output is limited even on the paid version so I need to pay extra for e.g. PPT output

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: MindManager und FreeMind

Warum MindMeister gewählt wurde: It was just so much more limited than Mindmeister

Zuvor genutzte Software: FreeMind

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MindMeister: Ease of use

Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

A complete mindmapping solution for all of us who prefer visual organization of information

Kommentare: As a predominantly visual person I need to see "the whole picture" when designing a new project and I do a lot of mindmapping on almost daily basis. I have the master mindmap with the key projects I am working on that branch out to smaller activities, tasks and deliverables and most of my notes related to the development are within the mindmap. As MindMeister offers a good number of icons to tag the individual branches I could clearly keep track of whole scope of the project and use the same space to add any ideas/notes I might have at the moment. Since you can easily collapse all the branches you are not using at the moment it really gives clarity and at the same time it helps me not to lose track of some processes or smaller deliverables that I could easily overlook in the task manager software I use. It also offers the integration with Meister Task so you can easily turn any branch into a task with deadlines and all. For me personally, the best use of mind maps is for brainstorming and planning stages of a project and I usually start by creating a map myself, adding ideas, processes and deliverables into it, and then sharing it with my colleagues at a meeting, which is usually followed by our joint work on the same map if the idea is chosen for the development. The app itself allows for all these, it has good visual interface, so after finding it and using it for a month I did not search for any other alternatives anymore.

As I use mind maps a lot I love to be able to have them available everywhere I go and to share them with my colleagues so we can work together on the same mind map. It offers everything mindmapping software should offer and it does it online (or through mobile app) so the only thing I need is the internet connection. The maps look very nice, there is a good number of templates and options (both map structures and design templates) so if you need a good mindmapping software I that is platform independent I could really recommend this one as I tried a couple of others before finding it. When you share the mind map with colleagues things get really great, especially during the ideation and planning stage of a project as everyone can add branches, expand on ideas which really helps make meetings more effective later.

This app also has the presentation mode that I have not found so useful. I see how it might be great to be able to present your mindmap to others instead of boring them with a slideshow, but I did not use it, so this would be the only thing that I am not really 'digging 100%. In essence, there is nothing bad about the app that I would highlight as it does its core function (mindmapping) really well. Of course, the free version has some limitations in terms of number of maps you can make and the export formats, but even the basic version can be enough for most users' needs.

Andy
Director in UK

Decent Mind Map Software

4,0 vor 5 Tagen Neu

Kommentare: I enjoy using Mindmeister just wish they has more map layouts.

The website has never been down, its fairly quick and easy to get ideas from yourhead down onto a mindmap.

Compared to things like X mind they dont have a great choice of map layouts eg timeline, fishbone. Also they have a separate task management tool called Meistertask which they try to get you to use but it seems overly complicated having Mindmeister for mindmaps and Meistertask for task management. Some other compaines just have 1 product that does mapping and task management.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: XMind

vor 3 Tagen

Thank you for your feedback! We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts. Your input helps us improve our service even further so you can get even more out of MindMeister.

CEO in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Unfortunate Customer Experience

1,0 letzten Monat Neu

It is decent for Mind Mapping and documenting new ideas and projects.

I had a really disappointing experience with Mind Meister and hope this review saves others from wasting their time and money. Here are the undisputed facts of my interaction with Mind Meister – •My company has been a customer of Mind Meister since March 2021 and a spent $2,227 during that period •On April 19, 2024 at 5:00pm I received an email saying they charged $419 for a subscription renewal for 4 users and 6 month term •At 5:01pm I received another email offering savings if I subscribed for a year instead of 6 months •At 6:08pm I shared that our team hasn’t used Mind Meister at all other than me and I requested a refund for the 3 other licenses and said I was happy to renew my single license for a year •Their response “I'm sorry to say that I cannot issue a refund in this case. As outlined at the time of purchase, selecting a billing period when purchasing a license causes your plan to renew automatically by default” •I said that I have been a loyal customer and thought they issued notifications BEFORE a subscription renews like most companies since it is the law in most states. •Their response “I am sorry that you feel this way, but we notify our users about the automatic license renewal not only at the time of purchase but also in our terms & conditions and email invoices.” You can decide if you want to work with a company that retains their loyal, multi-year customers by referencing ‘fine print’ in terms & conditions that no one can keep up with when they have over 30 different vendors and software providers. I know I prefer the many other alternatives that care about their customers.

vor 4 Wochen

Thank you for sharing your feedback and bringing this to our attention. I am truly sorry to hear about your disappointing experience with Mind Meister. We value our customers and their satisfaction is our top priority. My colleagues let me know, that your case has been reviewed again and resolved. If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to the Support team again.

Unterhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Retrospective project look back

We use mindmeister to do collaborative project look-backs. The huge benefit it is already has all the tabs for different options (eg "what could we improve" and "what could we learn") so that we're collecting both positive and negative feedback. This is especially useful because the biggest difficulty with project overviews is when they are either entirely negative or entirely positive.

I would like to have the opportunity to export to a database, which I understand is technically possible with a paid account, but it seemed like a lot of clicks to get there.

vor 2 Monaten

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We truly appreciate your input on how we can improve our service. Your feedback has been forwarded to the appropriate team internally for further review. If you have any more suggestions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us under support@mindmeister.com. We're here to help!

Quai
Singer/Songwriter/Storyteller in USA
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

Mindmeister - Useful for Many Purposes

Kommentare: Mindmeister has been really helpful with story and song planning, mapping out the recording process, keeping track of characters, locations, objects, and their relationships. It's been a lovely experience.

I'm a visual thinker, creator, and planner. As such Mindmeister is extremely useful in realizing visual imagery and information, pretty much effortlessly. It comes with lots of templates to get you started if you find them more convenient. But it's also really easy to get a mind map started from a blank canvass. After you begin building the map, it is easy to apply global styles or to style individual elements. Another great feature is the ability to take a portion of a map and create a new map out of it, optionally leaving a link in the originating map. Highly convenient.

There aren't many cons. I wish it were easier to capture ideas quickly for working with later using the mobile app. Also on my wish list would be a way to text search for icons.

Andrew
Andrew
Regional Manager, APAC in Singapur
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Probably the best web based mind mapping tool

While there are many offline mind mapping tools available, there are few good web based ones. MindMeister really excels. It's very useable and fast with a good set of features. If you are used to working in the browser and like having your data stored in the cloud so that it's available from any device, then MindMeister is a great choice. I've used most other mind mapping software and still have some installed on my Mac, but I keep going back to MindMeister.

There's not really anything to dislike. It may take new users a little while to get used to if they are used to other mind mapping software but shouldn't take long.

Amit
Community Manager in Portugal
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Review - MindMeister

Kommentare: The ideation phase has become make clearer and more efficient. A must-have in an environment/ at positions where strategic planning is prominent.

The ease of mapping ideas into clear-cut flow is exceptional; the best part is the customization it brings to idea management.

The customization is extensive; making it a touch hard for the first timers to get acclimatized with the product.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Miro

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MindMeister: MindMeister is very focused on idea mapping, plus its great customization capacity. :)

Briana
Author in USA
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

The Best Mind Cartographer

Kommentare: I do believe after trying many different programs that Mindmeister is the easiest to use and the best looking. It has everything I want in mapping software. It makes a big difference when you are trying to brainstorm. it is simply the best all-around.

I really enjoy the user interface the most. It is easy to use and attractive to the eye. It takes no time at all to make a fun and practical map for my writing.

I wish I could buy the software or membership for a one time fee. I use the software randomly for personal reasons than anything so a monthly fee isn't cost-effective for me. But wish I could use the full features whenever I decide to log on.

Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Best tool for begin of everywhere!

Think widely, Sum in one mind-page. Then we can have a few gaps in our team. So easy to gathering think parts of teammates.

I think it will be more powerful to have functions that suggest or reply an element (like Google Docs, Sheets, Slides).

Benjamin
PYP Coordinator in Aserbaidschan
Bildungsmanagement, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Convenient

Kommentare: Overall, I like MindMeister as a quick way to connect ideas as well as organize concepts and tasks.

I like that the software can save and export maps to Google Drive. I also like that it's flexible in content.

I dislike the limited number of maps available in the free account.

Antwort von Meister

Hi Benjamin, Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear you like the way you can export maps to Google Drive. The number of available maps in a free account can be increased if you invite friends, to learn more about this please see: https://www.mindmeister.com/partner/affiliate/overview?product=1 https://support.mindmeister.com/hc/en-us/articles/218381888-Spread-the-Love-Referral-Program-#Basic Kind regards, Your MeisterTeam

Paul
CTO in USA
Unterhaltungselektronik, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Mindmeister - Is it the best mind mapping software for you?

Kommentare: Mind maps are a unique tool if you primarily use a computer as a brain amplifier. The ability to list complex topics and show their relationship graphically can be done with other drawing or flow chart apps. But the true power of mind mapping is the ability to expand and collapse the data with a single click, allowing you to focus on just the set you want to see. You need specialized software to do this. I recommend Mindmeister to anyone looking for an affordable, accessible and easy-to-use tool to "map out" your ideas. There is just about no better way to do this, no matter how simple or complex your project is.

The Mindmeister SaaS model is reliable, accessible and scalable. I have used it to create a simple list to massive data structures to map out complex products with hundreds of nested topics. It always works. At first, I thought it was lacking features. However, upon continued use now over many years, I can see the logic behind keeping it simple and now enjoy the simplicity of the interface so I can concentrate on creating content rather than fiddling around with unnecessary options. Actually, I have found just about everything I need for highly detailed maps. Images can be copied and pasted, then scaled within topics. Notes are simple but can be styled with just the right text options and images can be added if necessary. Most of all, I love the option to revert back to any version in time which recently saved my life when I accidentally deleted a massive amount of data from a map that I have been working on for 6 months. This map has over 2100 versions and I was able to completely restore the lost data from weeks before.

I wish the topic Notes could be resized as they are fixed at a size that cuts off some information. You can scroll to see more but sometimes defeats the purpose. Of course, the UI could be full of options for this or that but as stated above, I have come to appreciate the elegance of Mindmeister's feature set that is "just right" to get the job done.

Christina
chemistry teacher in USA
E-Learning, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great Curriculum and NGSS Tool

Kommentare: Reworking curricula and developing y ideas was a lot easier when I didn't first have to spend two days learning how to use the software. At school right now we are being forced to use platforms the district already bought and they are clunky and do not have comparable features. It's taking me weeks to learn and wasting the time I need to plan out the actual lessons and develop materials.

I already love concept mapping and I was looking for a computer tool that was reasonable and easy to use to help me conceptualize organizing my curriculum, particularly to start to adapt to NYS adopting the NGSS and to make the content more engaging now that we are educating online because of COVID. This was so easy to learn to use, and the help and opening tutorial were super straightforward. Will probably end up paying fro this for sometime to see more features and continue to use it as a planning tool and to generate study guide for students.

Not sure if I can change to a different type of map when I've already started the map and Don't want to begin again from scratch, figuring it out.

Antwort von Meister

Hi Christina, thank you for your review. Regarding the point you mentioned in "Cons" - you are indeed able to change the map theme, select to override changes and if you do not like the new map style, you can click the Undo button and return back in the next step. As for changing the map layout, this can be changed anytime as well. Your MeisterTeam

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Fast brainstorming and collaboration

I used MindMeister in several brainstorming sessions, during Agile software development projects. The best thing about it was how it enabled the team to collaborate real time in the creation of the project mind map. The web interface is clean and usable, and you can also do everything by using only the keyboard through shortcuts to add/edit/remove mind map nodes.

Unfortunately there are limitations in the basic plan, so if you need to have more than a few mind maps active you need to upgrade to a paid plan. Also, not all export options are available. Finally, I'd reccomend a fast internet connection if you plan to collaborate with your team, since real time collaboration is more resource-consuming.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: XMind, Miro, FreeMind und Visio

Zuvor genutzte Software: XMind, Miro, FreeMind und Visio

Matthias
Matthias
CEO in Irland
Bildungsmanagement, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Beautiful but severe issues

Kommentare: I had to leave this software behind with my whole company after putting many hours in implementation because of 2 major bugs that were not even recognized or understood by the support team. One was a severe issue with privacy changes which is a disaster for sensitive content, the other a problem with their handling of free accounts when people just want to browse your public mindmaps. Very sad, since it is otherwise beautiful and has promising features - but for pro users who need stuff to really work it can be a huge waste of time. Disappointing the total lack of comprehension by the support staff.

Beautiful Design amazing search linking to points in different maps possible (the only one I know who can do that)

Huge banner to sign up on (paid) public maps that occupies too much space Sorting and organizing maps quite confusing severe issue with privacy changes which is a disaster for sensitive content handling of free accounts when people just want to browse your public mindmaps impossible to set privacy for several maps (or a folder) at once

Rob
Laboratory Director in USA
Chemikalien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great for small business

Kommentare: I use this to be able to create very nonlinear "big picture" summaries, and then I create other functional maps and tasks when its time to drill down into the details. I like how its very nonlinear and very fluid. Its easy to move things around and edit them. I first used MindMeister back in 2007. Its still a great product.

I like mind mapping and I like the design, form and feel to MindMeister. Its great that it now has task list functionality as well. Its fast and easy.

It could use a Gantt chart, as that's the only thing other people in my company need/want.

Brennan
Front Desk Assistant in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Helped me sort my brain's information overflow.

Kommentare: Imagine you think like a computer, so organizing tasking into the base components and carrying them out is a great way to work, but what happens when your brain doesn't have multithreading capabilities and limited RAM? You start to lose things. Tasks, ideas, goals can get lost in the shuffle. With a well put together mind map you can keep running your brain the way it works while keeping organized track of all of your different projects on your mind map! It's truly fantastic. I recently used the service to map what I do in my current role at my job and it allowed me to feel confident in all of the places I have knowledge that I would have otherwise not remembered on the spot while writing my resume, cover letters, or even talking about myself. A wonderful way to keep your thoughts in order, and if you keep your maps to a specific goal, you can keep unwanted information from filling up your limited thought space!

The ability to really pour out the tiniest detail of your brain / task into a coherent way.

If you get expansive with your ideas, it can be hard to see with the limited font sizes and whatnot, but with a simple click and scroll wheel you can fix that problem...

Antwort von Meister

Dear Brennan, thank you so much for reaching out and taking the time to write such an extensive review! We're thrilled to hear that MindMeister has been such a useful tool for bringing organization to your thoughts! I feel the same way... visualizing my responsibilities via interconnected nodes is a great way to make my work and personal life manageable. We'd love to hear more from you and learn how you use MindMeister... Feel free to reach out to us on Twitter at @MindMeister. And be sure to check out the Meister Academy at training.mindmeister.com. Thanks again! -Andrew

Maggie
Online Educator in USA
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Finally: A digital, visual, FUN way to effectively organize and boost productivity

Kommentare: I'm a visual learner with lots of ideas, to-dos, distractions, and good intentions. On my own, I've tried writing lists, making my own digital map, using phone productivity apps, using tons of post-it notes, etc. to organize my jobs, projects, and seemingly endless daily tasks. I slowly admitted my own frustrations with not being able to effectively organize what I needed to do. Using MindMeister is the first time I actually see all of what I need to do in front of me, and it's color coded, neat, effective, and it oddly inspires me to work more. I'm a big fan of the templates and customization options. I use the Eisenhower Matrix template and I'm pleasantly surprised that it's actually improving my time management issues.

Free "Basic" plan is great for what I need now; Educator discount is available for if/when I choose to upgrade; free themes with many options for customization (I love color-coding); ability to merge MindMeister with MeisterTasks; Templates with tips on how to use them; Image generator based on Map title; Very user-friendly

The "Use" and "Preview" Template buttons are a little too close together. More than 3 font sizes would be nice.

Janet
business owner in USA
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Helps me be creative

Kommentare: I design my own courses, and I use Mindmeister to help me outline and think through my course organization. At first I was not sure that it was worth the money. Because it was almost time for renewal, I decided to begin a new project and outline it by hand. WIthin a day I realized that Mindmeister was definitely something that helped a lot. Not only can I move ideas around very easily, but I can also see my projects differently simply due to the ability to color similar ideas with the same color, and connect them to each other. Being able to move a chain of ideas without having to erase and start over was huge too. I realized that Mindmeister had been making a huge difference.

I like the visual aspect of creating an organized plan.

I would liked to have an actual list of different short tutorials.

Avril
President in USA

Mind Mapping with Ease

Kommentare: Very happy and easy to share whil collaborating.

This tool is very intuitive and user friendly. Even if you get stumped its fairly easy to look at pictures of an icon and figure out what it does. I also like the integrations so you can attach files, documents etc. to support an idea

The only aspect I was disappointed is in a less that 17" screne you may not be able to visualize an entire mindmap.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: ClickUp

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MindMeister: The ease and comfort.

Sven
Freelance Translator in Deutschland
Übersetzung und Lokalisierung, Selbstständig

Easiest Mindmap-Tool I've come across

Kommentare: There might be features I'm not aware of it that I am not using. That just doesn't matter to me because I wanted an intuitive, easy to use Mindmap-Tool and that is exactly what Mindmeister delivers. If you need a mindmap to organize a new project, this might just be for you.

Cross-platform functionality. I like it on Windows but was surprised to realize that it's even more intuitive on Android. The referral program for free users is standard to great. But the affiliate program for Business users is one of the best and fairest programs I've come across to date.

I think 3 free mindmaps is cutting it a little close. 5 would probably get more people to give it a try.

Stefan
Business controller in Niederlande
Bankwesen, Selbstständig

Mindmaps lost

Kommentare: Since the last update, the software is functioning less well. The menu is overlapping a part of your mind map, so you cannot see what you are writing.

Easy to use. You can create maps for mindmaps.

Mindmaps are not saved. Sometimes some of your mind maps are suddenly lost. This is the second time it has happend, now with dramatic consequences for me. Yesterday I've worked all night on a mindmap which is lost.

Antwort von Meister

Hi Stefan, thanks very much for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear you experienced this issue. We take cases of lost data very seriously, and are fully aware of our responsibility to businesses all around the world as a reliable and secure tool for knowledge capture. Please reach out to support@mindmeister.com with your account details - our support and engineering teams will do all they can to get to the bottom of this issue and access your lost data. Looking forward to hearing from you soon, Andrew @ Meister Support

Ben
Wearhouser in UK
Gastgewerbe, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Superior to Competitors

Kommentare: This software made a convoluted idea far more defined and explorable in a matter of minutes. I would definetly recommend using it for any idea with multiple options and outcomes to keep track of.

This software takes seconds to learn to use and allows you to lay out as in-depth an idea as you can create. It has a range of formatting choices and identifier icons to make the separation of branches far clearer.

Unfortunately, you seem to only be able to have one mind-map per file, or if you CAN have two, I could not see how. Having the ability to have two contrasting ideas side by side would be very helpful.

Antwort von Meister

Hi Ben, thank you for your review! It's indeed not possible to open two map windows in the same browser tab, but we appreciate the idea - this will be forwarded to our product team as a suggestion for future improvements. Thank you for your feedback! Your MeisterTeam

Moiz
CEO in Vereinigte Arabische Emirate
Konsumgüter, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

MindMiester a fantastic tool for Mindmapping

Kommentare: I use it for customer task tracking, employee tracking and project tracking. It is an all in one tool, works perfect.

I love the ease of use, seamless interface. It supports extremely large mindmaps which are the kinds I eventually end up making. My productivity and project tracking both have improved using MindMeister.

Actually it has sufficed my purpose so far. I am using free version, so can't complain

Olha
EFL teacher in Ukraine
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

A must for a team

As an educator and a part of a big team, I have to understand what is happening around even when I am not directly involved in a project. It is also super visual when one has to understand the steps of a project and the amount of work to be done.

The only thing I do not like is the way connections between separate ideas are drawn: those green lines look hideous and are pretty inconvenient to use.