Saved the day many times

Bewertet am 6.2.2018
Ryan M.
Head of Product
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: We were facing crazy DDOS attacks a couple years ago and after putting incapsula infront of our properties the server cpu usages dropped enormously, I was able to reduce our AWS instance pool size by 3/4 saving a ton of money on AWS bill

Nachteile: Price is high. I wish this was a bit cheaper. The price is very high. Generally worth it, but would be happier if it was a few hundred bucks a month cheaper.

After a DDoS attack that took us down during our prime holiday season, Incapsula stepped in to help

Bewertet am 26.6.2018
Kevin H.
Marketing Director

Vorteile: Our website was being hit with DDoS attacks during the prime shopping period for holiday, which was majorly affecting our business. After finally determining the cause, we searched for anyone that could help control the traffic to our website and block those attacks. Incapsula stepped in and immediately helped us get back to full strength. The cache feature also help with our Magento based e-commerce website, producing a faster user experience.

Nachteile: The pricing is a bit high, but when it comes to security of your website and preventing possibly disasters, you have to decide if that's worth it. After losing a lot of potential income originally, the value to know we are protected is worth it for us, but small businesses may have a hard time justifying the spend.

Quality at a Reasonable Price

Bewertet am 2.12.2016
Ryan D.
AVP Product Development and Data Engineering
Medienproduktion, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Comments: I like the ease of configuring and onboarding Incapsula for my Organization. We saw immediate results, the number of spam signups and votes dropped drastically. We started seeing metrics that reflect our true audiences Pros: Extremely easy to use and configure extremely strict rules + weight limiting factors. Cons: Could do better on the log analysis, filtering in reports Recommendations to other buyers: Good product, for disecting logs get Splunk and pipe incap logs

Vorteile: Extremely easy to use and configure extremely strict rules + weight limiting factors.

Nachteile: Could do better on the log analysis, filtering in reports

Easy to work with and work on. Hard to find logging outside of the product

Thom K.

Kommentare: Pros: Everything is pretty easy to set up. They have answers for most your questions. Great to work with. Easy to set up. The FAQ is easy to find answers. The reps respond lightning fast. Really intuitive to set-up and use the features that they do have. Cons: Hard to get logs out for external logging of events to something like a splunk instance though they just create a new feature to help with this. HOWEVER they say they only log "security events" so like an attempt to do an SQL injection but if its just a bot (like NAGIOS) that you want to get to your site you have no idea what is blocked or let through unless you talk to your monitoring team or external vendors who use bots to grab things from your site. So don't use this tool to troubleshoot why someone can't get to your site (even if it's this tool that is stopping them from getting there).

Secure and Safe

Bewertet am 4.10.2016
Dmitry K.
IT Manager

Kommentare: We stay with Incapsula 3 years. We are very happy that one day we choose this service. It was simple and fast to configure. Now we feel safe, we use incaprules for direct preventing the attack - it's easy and effective. Caching feature speed up our site. Support is fast and polite. We are happy.

Vorteile: DDos protection, Caching feature, fast and polite support

Nachteile: Everything is on high level

Great AntiDDOS and WAF

Bewertet am 15.11.2016
Assaf F.
Head of IT and Devops

Kommentare: Been using incapsula for the past year and a half, the new features that comes out pretty often are always a blessing, it works great for anti ddos and bot protection and the extra cdn features are awesome

Vorteile: It does what it suppose to do and more, great ddos protection and bot filtering, the cdn and caching features are working well

Nachteile: user interface lacks basic features like invoices and billing

An excellent and free website security tool

Bewertet am 2.7.2011
Jan H.
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: Incapsula is first and foremost about web security, and second about website performance. I put it to the test and compared it to what is perhaps its fiercest competitor: CloudFlare. First, both CloudFlare and Incapsula are about equal in improving performance, based on the short time I tested it on my blog. Either one would work for me here, and I do like CloudFlare’s “Always Online” cache of my site when my server or connection is down, but I had too many false positives with it. Second, CloudFlare’s options and features seem geared towards performance more than security, while Incapsula appears to be primarily concerned with security. I’m more concerned with security, so I’m going for Incapsula. Third, personally I prefer Incapsula’s easy and straightforward dashboard over CloudFlare. Fourth, in my opinion, CloudFlare is for the masses. Incapsula is for business. I’m business, and I’m going for Incapsula.

Vorteile: - Easy to understand and use interface
- Professional looking page for blocked visitors
- Good security options in the basic FREE version
- Does not require name server change

Nachteile: - Blocked user have no way of notifying site owner of false positives
- Advanced performance options only available starting from $99/mo
- Support pages and support forum still a bit lacking in volume

An excellent choice for website security for SMEs and business bloggers

Bewertet am 17.7.2011
Jan H.
Editor

Kommentare: Incapsula is first and foremost about web security (free version), and second about website performance (paid version). That said, even the the free version offers significant performance improvement. Incapsula is a spin-off from, Imperva which has been around for some 10 years, and was co-founded in 2002 by Shlomo Kramer, who founded Israel-based Check Point Software in 1993. In my opinion Israel is one of the world's leading countries in data security, and since Incapsula is also Israel-based, I take that as a sign of quality, besides the fact that they are backed up by Imperva.

Vorteile: Easy to understand and use interface.
Important security options already available in the basic FREE version.
Does not require name server change.
Dynamic content caching (available starting from the $99/mo plan).

Nachteile: Blocked visitors have no way of notifying site owner of false positives.
Advanced performance options only available starting from the $99/mo plan.
Support pages and support forum still a bit lacking in volume.

Great product

Bewertet am 6.10.2016
Murilo C.
Developer
Finanzdienstleistungen

Kommentare: The product is amazing, very easy to use and very efective against the majority of attacks and exploits.

Vorteile: The the product efficiency

Quality with affordable price

Bewertet am 14.3.2017
Paul N.
Solution Architect

Kommentare: Topic pretty much nails it. Getting incapsula and protecting your site with it is easy as pie. Works nicely right out of the box. Also has nice extra features like fully featured LB.

Vorteile: The ease of use.

Nachteile: Reporting could use some work. I would like to see more detailed analysis of attacks and traffic.

Excellent product!!!

Bewertet am 18.11.2016
Edgar D.
Information Security

Kommentare: The load balancing feature allows us to offer a continuous service for our customers' Internet portals

Vorteile: Easy deployment

Nachteile: It does not allow us to configure traffic balancing distributed between data centers

A good but limited app

Bewertet am 6.10.2016
Leandro F.
DevOps Engineer
Bankwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I like using incapsula but i think they need to add more features and modernize their user experience

Vorteile: It's fast and stable

Nachteile: Bad user interface

Easy deployment and stable cdn

Bewertet am 24.11.2016
Andi yuni W.

Kommentare: Been using incapsula for the a year, it works great for anti ddos and bot protection. I tested than the others cdn product, incapsule blazingly faster and more stable. Their anti ddos feature very effective to block ddos attack.

Vorteile: Anti ddos, waf, customer service, caching feature

Nachteile: Lack of gui

Love your product

Bewertet am 21.8.2015
Adam G.

Kommentare: Overall I love your service. You have already protected me from one DDoS attack and several severe attacks. Your top level engineers are extremely knowledgable and overall pretty amazing. Tamir specially blew me away with his willingness to help diagnose a particularly tricky issue a while ago. He reached out on the phone to really dive in to help solve the problem going on. Amazing!! I will say that sometimes your lower level techs are not as knowledgable but if I needed extra help they were very willing to get me in touch with a higher level technician. But sometimes it would be nice to immediately talk to a higher level technician if I know it will be necessary. Do you have an option for a higher level of support? How much does that cost?

Happy Customer

Nigel M.
Sr. Information Security Engineer

Kommentare: Strengths:
Incapsula is easy to use and manage.
This is a big improvement from our on premise solution.
The support is quick with a response and solves any issue we encounter.
Two factor integration helps to secure this sensitive tool.
Room for improvement:
Reporting - Need a developer to gather logs from Incapsula for attacks\traffic.
No global controls - We have many sites that require the same configurations. Each site must be configured individually.
No granular permissions - I am unable to grant permissions to individual sites. It is pretty much all sites or no sites.
Access is not federated - Access to security tools should be federated using SAML.

Excellent product, does exactly what it says on the tin!

Bewertet am 4.10.2016
Ian H.

Kommentare: Very easy to set up and use, never had any issues. Very useful reporting. Just a shame it is a cloud product; however, it has to be given the nature of it's task.

Vorteile: It just works and provides an invaluable protection and services

Nachteile: Cloud based; however, it has to be.

The software suits perfectly our needs!

Bewertet am 21.8.2015
François Y.

Kommentare: Few times a year, our customer has its website down (online shop) by some random DDOS for an hour. After subscribing the Incapsula anti-DDOS service (easy to setup, just a DNS change and configure the redirection, and that's all). The service works fine, and the stats (realtime and weekly) are fine, even if we would like more details about some bots / attacks. Configuration based on country, ip, customs rules seem to be great too even if we do not use them. The price is worth the business cost previously lost...

Incapsula delivers on WAF and DDoS protection

Keith D.
VP Technology Operations

Kommentare: I've been a user of Incapsula's WAF and DDoS mitigation product for several years now within two different Internet companies. I've seen the management dashboard grow up and become more useful; I've seen the performance of the CDN side of the offering improve with the move to all-flash storage in the pops; but most importantly, I've seen the statistics of the barbarians held at the gate, ie the SQL injection blocks, the cross-site scripting blocks, and several DDoS attacks averted without any drama. Incapsula delivers.

great product

Bewertet am 25.8.2015
Jeremy P.

Kommentare: the product is great! it's easy to use. the DDOS protection is great and so are the rest of the safety features. for DDOS settings, it would be nice if i could enter a custom request/sec value. it would be nice if there was more documentation on the graphs and terminology, otherwise i end up filing a support ticket. i hate how some cool features cost extra (i get it), but we do have a ton of traffic, so it would be nice if they were included. =)

Incapsula meets many needs out of box but requires tuning to get desired results.

Adam A.
Cloud Operations Manager

Kommentare: Pros:
Out of the box WAF protection against OWASP Top Threats
Easy to use and understand dashboard
Improved vision into traffic and request patterns
Setup/Deployment
Cons:
Advance configuration items/use cases depend on InCapRules which will take time learning how to use
Hard limits on how many InCapRules you can have
Support team can be generic in their initial responses, usually takes a couple of followup questions to get answer

Intuitive and easy to use

Bewertet am 13.1.2017
Harko P.

Kommentare: Recently we started using Incapsula mainly to offload static content from our webservers knowing it is offcourse a lof more than a CDN. Immediately we started using other features and are even looking into changing our network architecture due to new possibilites. Some pricing is a bit obfuscated and not all details are immediately clear.
Also some options like batch importing a whitelist would be nice

Couldn't have found a better partner

Bewertet am 19.11.2016
Juan R.
CRC
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are a relatively small company that runs web services for roughly 600 clients. We were experiencing DDoS attacks that were fairly complex and it quickly overwhelmed us and had the potential to put us out of business. Luckily, our CEO made the decision to sign up with Incapsula and we have not had a problem since. Customer service has been phenomenal

Vorteile: Easy to use, great interface

Nachteile: It can be overwhelming at times with all of the options and features but better to have them than not

Much help to our business

Kijoo S.

Kommentare: I'm using Incapsula's amazing service with enterprise license. With your service, I can manage my business efficiently. My business get much DDoS attack due to its nature of job. For a year with your service, there was numerous DDoS attack to my business, but in most cases, your DDoS depensive system worked effectively! Thanks to your service, and I expect good defense as ever.

Easy to use and powerfull

Marco B.
IT Director

Kommentare: Pros: Really easy to implement without any downtime. Tuning as well as additional settings can be easily undertaken at any time. Support is available and provides concret and professional responses (except for one question. See below)
Cons: Unable to restrict the traffic to a limited number of ports and no explanation is provided as to why this is not possible.