4.3/5
    4.6/5
    4.6/5

About Userbrain

Userbrain ist ein Remote-Usability-Testservice mit Fokus auf kontinuierlichen Tests.

Erfahre mehr über Userbrain

Joshua A.
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 6.12.2019

"Best in industry for easy user testing"

Kommentare: From start to finish it’s been absolutely phenomenal

Vorteile: I really do enjoy how easy it is to utilize this software, not only is it simple but extremely easy to learn in very straightforward. Getting responses from people, normally happens in a mereGetting responses from people few hours after submitting a project for review. Great platform!

Nachteile: I think it lacks with the mobile interface and just use ability on there when you’re on the go!

Wilfried H.
Digital Marketing Manager
Telekommunikation, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 30.10.2019

"Userbrain helped us to make user testing a routine"

Vorteile: We all know how important user tests are for websites especially for ecommerce websites. Often, you do it once and then never again. Userbrain helped us to run user tests continously on our website on a weekly basis. Whenever we made changes to the website, we were sure that they get testet with the next round of tests. The tests uncovered many hurdles that we completely overlooked or were not able to see. The videos helped us not only to improve the usability but also to understand how actual customers were using the website to come up with new improvements to eventually increase conversions and product understanding.

Nachteile: It would be great to have some background on the tester to better understand their behaviour.

• Bewertet am 30.10.2019
Petri T.
Lead UX Designer
Telekommunikation, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 25.10.2019

"Great for quick, frequent usability testing"

Kommentare: Userbrain allows us to get feedback for our product designs and root out basic usability issues very quickly.

Vorteile: Simplicity, competitive cost, great customer support

Nachteile: The quality of testers varies a lot, not possible to define the operating system of testers

• Bewertet am 25.10.2019
Clare M.
Service Design Director
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 29.10.2019

"A good idea but need further refinement and improvement"

Kommentare: Great support and refunds for voided or valueless users. Excellent response rate.

Vorteile: Rapidity of responses. Easy to start a test and set it up,

Nachteile: HALF OF TEST FEEDBACK IS USER READING THE TASK and buggering around with their computer or lack of IT skills eg to click on images to enlarge. Some users just don't actually say much they just read it all out again. Some suers do desktop tests on mobile. This must be prevented. English users tending to be more articulate than US. Lack of demographic section eg income, location in more depth. User background and preferences eg Android or iOS etc. Make sure purchase journey is simpler and easier. To be valid we need a minimum of 5-6 so use that methodological basis for pricing and bundling,

Jonathan Y.
CPO
Musik, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 9.12.2019

"Good product to start getting more insights"

Kommentare: We are very happy with our first experience with Userbrain.
It is starting to be used more widely in our company.

Vorteile: Easy to use for the whole product team. Easy to setup new test and consult the answers.

Nachteile: Missing a few important features to be very complete.
Usertesting offer more features allowing you to define more complex task for the user.

Patty K.
UX Manager
Einzelhandel, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 9.12.2019

"Over elaborate testers with not much value"

Kommentare: The price being low is what prompted me to have the ability to bring this product in house. Once we did, the unmoderated testing was work to get everything setup and in return, not a lot of usable feedback.

Vorteile: The guidance of the question ideas and tips. I can use these skills outside of this product too.

Nachteile: The testers. While it is nice to have people who do not have the understanding of our products, the people who test are not really insightful when they elaborate on every little item on the site. I have had people click outside of the user test links and end up not being able to get where they are needed. It became work with not a lot of quality feedback.

Katrina B.
Website Quality Management Supervisor
Verbraucherdienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 26.11.2019

"Website Usability Testing"

Vorteile: It's quite easy to set up a test and we received results in less than 45 minutes from 5 participants.

Nachteile: I encountered an error when trying to create my first test, but eventually I was able to submit the test.

• Bewertet am 26.11.2019
Deni B.
Senior UX/UI designer
Internet, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 12.11.2019

"Great User testing service"

Kommentare: It's a great user testing service that is helping us define problems our user are facing and helping us shape our product roadmap.

Vorteile: I love how quickly customer support is answering any issues we might be facing and that they develop new features quickly. They have been amazing!!!

Nachteile: Looking for all the videos for a specific user test and that it is not possible to get even number of male vs female per test unless splitting the test in two goes.

• Bewertet am 12.11.2019
Chantalle E.
Umweltdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

"Good Value "

Vorteile: The best thing about Userbrain is the pricing structure. It's affordable for companies who are testing in small volumes. You can set tests to recur automatically.

Nachteile: There is no free trial. I've used another testing platform in the past that I'm used to, so I'm still getting comfortable with the product. I'm not a fan of the "here's the entire scenario" layout rather than step by step.

Kate H.
Research Manager
Rechtsberatung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

"Excellent"

Vorteile: I really like how I can get quick, targeted and honest feedback on products.

Nachteile: There is nothing I dislike about this software.

Tuba D.
UX Researcher
E-Learning, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 24.2.2020

"Userbrain is great even if you are a small startup"

Kommentare: I was not expecting it to be performing that well, to be honest. I am giving a 9 star out of 10, just because I could not see the prototype in the background when I am reviewing the test and also I cannot introduce the tasks to the user step by step.

Vorteile: First of all I had to select software that could meet our financial requirements, something not costly, which has a pay as you go model or a monthly subscription, rather than a big annual plan which can be quite a problem with small startups. we had trialled some other software, some famous ones, but the annual plans and the lack of pay as you go model was the problem. I purchased some credits and started testing!
The second thing I really liked is the rapid help. With the first video, the prototype did not work and the customer support replied my questions right away. Wasn't really expecting that!
Thirdly, the test works well. The users were really clear, and speaking their minds. No problem with that part at all! I can easily share the video with my designers, and take notes.
As we are trying to move away from in office testing, I guess this software will be solving that problem easily.

Nachteile: If only I could see the prototype in the background that would be great. Also, I am sure this is in their roadmap, but can we show the tasks step by step?

Sarah L.
UX Researcher
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

"A solid choice"

Kommentare: Overall quite happy with the software, and the data I got for the price.

Vorteile: The prices were really reasonable and the usability was very accessible. I liked being able to rate reviewers, although it wasn't always clear what that info went towards. Customer service was pretty quick too- had a reviewer who had no sound and was sent a credit very quickly, although it wasn't clear whether the participant would redo their video or I'd have to spend the credit.

Nachteile: I found the participant quality a little bit hit and miss; some were really great, others pretty rubbish. Luckily the prices were reasonably cheap so managed to get some decent data from the broad spread of participants. I would have liked to be able to screen participants for certain criteria, as I had to use a different software for research involving more specific communities. It also would have been nice to be able to do different types of tasks or to ask for ratings although I think something like this might be possible now on Userbrain.

Laura A.
Operations & Project Manager eCommerce
Luxusgüter & Schmuck, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

"Worth the money!"

Kommentare: We have tested in 3 devices (we weren't sure about the efficiency) and it worked very well. We are happy with the results and the users are also very talkative. We tested our site in Mobile, Tablet & Desktop and we realized about some optimizations that could be done in a short term. We will now start a monthly package in able to test more scenarios and also new functionalities that we will add online.

Vorteile: I loved the fact that they have some templates set up to help you start creating your test! I also likes the fact that you can choose devices and ages, as same as gender. The whole process don't take longer than 15 min to set up a test and they come VERY FAST!!!!

Nachteile: I wish we could have more languages and regions (now only German and English)

Joe S.
  • Bewertet am 24.10.2019

"Way cheaper than the competition"

Vorteile: The price. Other providers are charging way more for the same exact service.

Nachteile: Takes a little longer to get all your tasks filled, but worth the extra wait.

Nicholas E.
Marketing manager
Einzelhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 24.2.2020

"Quick simple and great quality videos"

Vorteile: How easy it is to set tasks
How much you can customise who reviews
The customer service when things dont quite go to plan is great!
Speed in getting reviews

Nachteile: Price is probably the only negative I'd like to be able to talk live with a reviewer to overcome some issues when found.

Daniela A.
Product designer

"Feedback for Userbrain"

Kommentare: It has been a good experience overall.

Vorteile: It's easy to use and the results get as fast as I need them to.

Nachteile: Sometimes the sessions that we've received fall too short on the participants side because they don't interact or spend that much time on a task as you'd like.

Max L.
Marketing Manager
Kosmetik, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

"Very fast and useful"

Vorteile: The speed of responses is great. With the added demographic options selecting people is easy and we were happy with results.

Nachteile: Can be hard to get the instructions to make sense to the testers. Perhaps setting out more structure for it and using that structure to train the user testers to follow a bit more structured protocol (perhaps optional from buyer choice) so you can get a more consistent type of feedback. I get useful feedback but users are quite variable in their interpretations of the instructions so they can be hard to compare sometimes.

Digital Marketing Manager
E-Learning, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

"Quick results"

Vorteile: It's very convenient and quick to set up a test, no support is needed to get quick results.

Nachteile: As the test scenarios are not monitored/reviewed by Userbrain, there is a risk of running tests with leading questions.

Jamie F.
Head of Ecommerce
Einzelhandel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 24.2.2020

"So easy to use and great for small to medium businesses"

Kommentare: Userbrain has enabled us to run user testing that is neutral, insightful and that can be clearly actioned. It is easy to set up testing with various different audiences as part of a user experience strategy.

Vorteile: Userbrain is so easy to use and the ability to set up all different types of user testing has lots of scope for businesses of all sizes.

Nachteile: The software could do with more functionality for international markets but is already pretty good for this.

Damon B.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

"Easy and fast"

Vorteile: Really quick to get started and the interface is super user friendly. Also, the responses starting coming in within an hour of test launch and he quality of the respondents seems pretty good.

Nachteile: I don't have any cons at this point. I really like the platform.

Laura R.
CRO
  • Bewertet am 20.11.2019

"Great product"

Kommentare: Uncovering UX issues on behalf of our clients

Vorteile: Straightforward and at a good price point. Does one thing well. Simple templates

Nachteile: No app functionality and slightly confusing process for video creation

• Bewertet am 20.11.2019
Kylie C.
Product Manager
Essen & Trinken, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 24.10.2019

"The quickest way to get unapologetic feedback"

Vorteile: I love that you can test anything from the live site, to a testing environment, or even a simple 1 slide prototype and within 24 hours have feedback from various users in your target demo. Super quick, low lift way to get customer insights.

Nachteile: No real complaints. Would be nice to be able to get more specific with demographic targeting.

Vivian C.
Art Director
Konsumgüter, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 29.10.2019

"Great Platform, Fast Results"

Vorteile: It was so easy to set up and purchase tests, and the results came in so quickly. We learned a lot from the users we tested, will definitely be continuing to use this platform.

Nachteile: I can't find where to determine the browser used on the tablet tests we ordered. Send a message to support but haven't heard back.

Michael H.
Senior Product Designer
Hausmeisterservice, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 24.2.2020

"Perfect to gather quick meaningful feedback"

Kommentare: My team and I design prototypes and set them up for user testing to note any issues. We Userbrain to back up our designs with actual data (videos of users) to go back to the business with any changes to our designs.

Vorteile: Userbrain is so easy to use, within a couple of clicks and a few minutes my sessions are all set up. The industry I work in moves fast so we need to gather data on our designs very quickly so Userbrain is great for this.

Nachteile: Not being able to specific users without signing up to the subscription payment method.

Carl O.
Marketing Executive
Marketing & Werbung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 8.11.2019

"Review"

Vorteile: So easy to use, pay and set up. Really quick responses from testers and hugely valuable information back when the tests are good.

Nachteile: Some of the test quality is quite low. The testers sometimes rush or do not complete the tests but customer service are quick to reimburse your credits. I would also like to be able to provide files or documents to testers should they need it.

• Bewertet am 8.11.2019