Über HR Avatar

Nutzerfreundliche Bewerbertests mit detaillierten Bewertungsberichten helfen vielbeschäftigten Führungskräften, großartiges Personal einzustellen.

Erfahre mehr über HR Avatar

Trial period was kind of deceiving - explain you can give 2-4 tests - then you start paying instead of giving a 15/30 day trial.

Bewertungen zu HR Avatar

HR Avatar hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 70 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du HR Avatar bereits verwendet?

Todd
Call Center Manager in USA
Telekommunikation, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

HR Avatar

Kommentare: Last year, I issued a few hundred candidate assessments; only one of them experienced an issue. Compared to other services, HR Avatar increased my efficient and significantly reduced inefficiency so that I could focus on my team while handling onboarding tasks. Anytime I have ever needed assistance, the Support Team at HR Avatar has always provided a prompt response to address the question, concern, or general feedback submitted.

The software is generally easy to use. I take advantage of the Assessment Battery function to create a bundle of pre-employment tests into a single issuance.

There really is nothing that I do not like about this software. Though, if I had a wish, it would be to enable the ability to limit completion via mobile and tablet devices.

Antwort von HR Avatar

Thank you for your review, Todd! Do you mean that you would like to require completion on non-mobile devices or on small screen devices? That's something we have wrestled with recently. We would appreciate your thoughts.

Glenn
Recruiting Manager in USA
Einzelhandel, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Great Hiring Resource!

Kommentare: Overall I really love th HR Avatar software. We currently just use it for the Pre-Hire Personality assessments, but are looking to use it for many other positions that we hire for. It has been a great resource for our hiring managers giving them the ability to identify good candidates faster!

I love how easy it is to view the applicants test results. It has a summary page that breaks down each competency and even goes into details. Very easy to read and navigate through. I also the animations before each test is given to each of our applicants. Great way to engage them before the test is taken.

I do not like how we cannot integrate the test into our current ATS. We currently use Saba Jobvite and I can automate the test link for applicants, but the data cannot be put into our ATS. We must get it from the HR Avatar site.

Antwort von HR Avatar

Thank you for your review, Glenn! We will be happy to investigate integration with Jobvite. We will be in touch!

Jonathan
Advisor in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Has Potential but the experience seems unelated to the profession for pre-employment

3,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Overall, the concept of HR Avatar is a great one. I love the idea of the software for employment purposes to hire the right candidate or for job research and vocational counseling. However, the software needs to be improved so that it's an accurate assessment that asks relevant questions and offers a relevant experience to the corresponding job.

I like the immersive experience where it feels like you're in an actual office setting. HR Avatar has you interact with a boss, fellow employees, and it involves you with on-the-job decision-making. The graphics were also decent for the type of software it is. I'm not expecting video game graphics, so altogether, I was impressed with the live demo presentation.

The most important part of this software is meant to determine if you are fit for a given profession. Sadly, this is where the product fails. It asks questions that are not relevant to the given profession someone is intending to apply for/try out. For instance, the web developer simulation asks questions that would mainly be given to someone who is an office manager. The only relevant questions came at the end which covered HTML. Overall, the simulation needs to get better at becoming tailored to the profession to give an accurate assessment.

Customer Relations Supervisor in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Solid Pre-Interview Assessment

The way that it challenges/assesses candidates skills differently from any other pre-employment test. The situations it takes you through are outstanding and it truly gives them a brief look into what they'll be getting into if they're hired.

With any of these pre-employment tests, there's always a point where you have to take the results with a grain of salt. That individual may have been under high stress when taking the assessment, could have been rushed by an emergency, or any other outside factors. So, overall, there isn't anything I have to complain about this specific software for HR Avatar.

Antwort von HR Avatar

Totally agree. We always recommend that assessment scores are used in conjunction with other evaluation methods, like interviews and references. Never use any single method exclusively because none are perfect. Thank you for your review!

Dru
Director of Human Resurces in USA
Rechtsberatung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great assessment tool for most jobs

Kommentare: Overall it has helped us select people who will perform well for the company.

It is easy to send to applicants, has fairly straight-forward instructions & the results are broken down into various factors that make it easy to evaluate whether or not someone is a good fit for a particular position in a particular company.

While I feel the assessments accurately predict who will perform well, I have seen some cases where the individual did not score well on the Avatar but ended up being one of our stars. I think this is due to the fact that there are not exact matches to some of our job titles, so the duties of any specific assessment are not perfectly aligned with some of our roles. I am afraid we may have ruled some people out who may have done just fine if we had hired them.

Antwort von HR Avatar

Thanks, Dru! It is certainly true that there are false negatives and false positives in any selection process. Our goal, of course, is to reduce these as much as possible. We would be happy to work with you to perform an analysis of those you have hired, correlating their performance and test scores. Our new Talent Analytics reporting section on our website makes this a painless process, but it does require entry (either individually or in bulk) of candidate performance data. Just let us know, and we'll be happy to help you with this!

Marie
USA
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Using HR Avatar for hiring the right candidate

Kommentare: I signed up for HR Avatar, after having to terminate two people I hired for an Administrative position, because the skills they claimed to have they did not possess. HR Avatar allowed me to customize a test to determine if the candidate possessed the skills the position required. Though at first I was skeptical of having the applicant take a test before I interviewed them, it proved to be beneficial. So many candidates did not bother to start the test, and some started and never bothered to finish (it was interesting to follow the candidate from the first time they accessed the site, or that they never even attempted to, and each time they interacted with the test site). Those that never started or did not complete the test told me all I needed to know about themselves and I was able to weed them out. It was a nice perk too, that if the candidate never started the test, that I could request my credits back, since they weren't used. One thing that I did, which would be a beneficial addition from HR Avatar, was to email the candidate to let them know that I was sending them a test via HR Avatar, that was required to be considered for the position, including the approx. length of time it would take to complete the test. I never wanted the receiver to think it might be SPAM and disregard the test. My email letting them know what was coming seemed to me to be the extra step for the candidate to feel safe utilizing the test site, and to know to watch for the test, since we implemented a cut off date for each test to be completed. I am happy to say that we did hire someone who completed the test, and she has been employed with us for 6 months. I would use HR Avatar again when I need to hire someone

Antwort von HR Avatar

Thanks for the feedback, Marie. In account settings you can modify the test invitation email template that is sent to the candidate so that it contains your personalized message and signature. Contact us if you'd like us to walk you through it. -Bill

SUZANNE
Executive VP in USA
Textilien, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Extremely helpful in hiring the right people for the job

Kommentare: It is our company policy now that all applicants must complete the HR Avatar testing set up for that particular position prior to offering a position. This has significantly helped us to employ the right people and reduced our turn-over.

This software offers all the positions and personality testing to help us to build a cohesive team. We can use this software globally. It is a great software in that it helps the team lead with digging deeper into the applicants personality or professional background, asking the right questions suggested by this program.

The con would be that it is not multi-language. In the very beginning we did find that there are applicants skilled in test taking that can score very high and seem to be a great fit. However, as stated above if you ask the additional questions during the interview process it helps to find the full picture on the applicant.

Antwort von HR Avatar

Thank you, Suzanne. We are actively translating our tests into other languages, so hopefully we will be able to address all of your candidates in the near future.

Jason
Customer Relations Supervisor in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Very Easy to Use

This assessment is extremely user-friendly and gives a great snapshot of candidates.

Nothing negative to say! We have had a very positive experience.

Antwort von HR Avatar

Thank you for the review, Jason!

Jan
Jan
IT Recruitment in USA

HR Avatar has a lot to offer

Kommentare: HR Avatar supports their software - The customer service here is incredible - I have always had my questions answered or my needs addressed.

The software is video interactive, simulating real life situations that a candidate could encounter. Tests may be mailed out individually or in an email blast - I have the option of sending none or multiple reminders that the link is waiting for a candidate. and I am notified as soon as candidate has completed the test. The summary is both graphically represented and has a written summary. The assessment review has great follow up questions to ask if your candidate scores in an area that is other than what you are looking for.

Some of the technical assessments were not what we needed for a particular skill-set - However, HR Avatar is very open to customizing a test for us or anyone else.

Antwort von HR Avatar

Thank you for this review Jan!

Alma Fraulein
SEPS in Philippinen
Bildungsmanagement, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

none

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: interesting

its security features. it is recommended

its accessibility. first time user found it complicated

vor 4 Wochen

Hi, Alma. Thank you for your review. We are pleased to read that you recommend our security features. Do you need assistance with accessibility? How may we help you?

Ryan
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Best Employee Screening Software We Have Found

Kommentare: It’s been excellent once we figured things out. We couldn’t be happier.

Their products are great. But the best thing about this company is they very prominently place their phone number at the very top of their home page, and when you call it, someone knowledgeable actually answers, no need for any prompts, waiting, or voice mail. Who does that? Initially we were frustrated, but this was mainly our fault. We tried to save money by paying individually for each assessment we administered. Well, you don’t save money this way, and it also means you have to pay if you want to take the assessment yourself. You also think 3 times before administering it. Finally we got smart and just paid for a year. That took the money out of the equation. Now we could take them all ourselves to pick and choose which assessments were best for us, and we also send them now to every candidate. Much better. But then things got even better when we realized they could customize assessments just for our business, and at a very reasonable price and quick turn-around. No now we have our very own custom assessments and we use them constantly. It’s been a total game changer. They also don’t insist on a sales call prior to letting you sign up and trial, like most other companies do.

The price. But to be fair, when we comparison shopped, they were even with everyone else. Initially we thought they were cheaper because they offered a per-assessment fee. But this is a false economy.

Antwort von HR Avatar

Thank you for your honest and detailed review, Ryan! We are pleased to hear that your custom assessments have worked well for you.

Seema
Director, HR in Kanada
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Mixed Reviews

I like the questions asked when i sampled it as it was business scenarios but also tested the areas of interest (i.e. critical thinking, analytical, problem solving etc). This is why I chose it over the other platforms. It has business questions versus abstract questions.

The HR Avatars slowed it down and I'm not sure if it added any significant value. I found it to be feeling less professional and more like a kids game. But the first few questions asked were good as far as i could tell by doing the test myself. The biggest issue i have is that there are no sample questions in all the areas they test in order for me to determine if this is good test for what i need. The only way to do this is I had to take the test myself. Unfortunately I didn't have 45 minutes in my day to finish it so I had to waste a test. When i had my candidate complete it, the candidate did not do well in one particular area which we found very surprising given how well the candidate did in the interview in this exact area. When I asked for some sample questions or just key concepts tested for, I was advised by customer service they couldn't do anything for me and couldn't provide me with any additional information. Therefore, I cannot verify the relevance and validity of the questions asked. I advised the customer service rep that this would deter me from buying again and I never received a response. The only way i can consider using it again is if i pay for a test and take it myself fully to determine if it is a good test for the job I am recruiting for. I likely won't be doing that and will need to find another provider.

Antwort von HR Avatar

Thank you, Seema, for the candid feedback. Unfortunately, we don't routinely share individual questions for our assessments, and we doubt that any reputable provider does so. We do, however, share the competencies measured on our website, and we often work with customers to help them understand exactly what is measured in each competency. We are sorry you did not have a good experience with our customer service representative and will take action to prevent that from happening again. We would love to have a second chance to earn your business.

Mindy
USA
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Great tool for small business company

Kommentare: Our professional business company used these services to help narrow the field down of potential candidates as part of selection and hiring process. They have very "job-specific" simulated testing that helps to gauge skills, knowledge and even personal traits. It's a great approach to an overall "snap shot" of applicants. It saved our staff time and money that it would have required to do this task on our own. It's one thing for a perspective applicant to tell you they can perform a certain task. It's another thing to have them take the simulated testing that produces concrete and tangible evidence of their ability to actually perform those job-related tasks. The feedback from the candidates we administered the testing to, was very positive. Most had not ever seen one like it. It's not strictly a personality test, like most products out there. It's all inclusive testing tool that includes personality tendencies, job record history, "suggested" red flag areas as well as personality traits. Most test takers loved it! When I signed up to use the Avatar product, I received emails and a personal phone call from the Avatar company. They helped me to narrow done what to use for what we were specifically looking for as well as what we, as a company wanted to target in our hiring process. They were very helpful and accommodating. The ease of use of the product in choosing the tests, administering them and receiving the results was user friendly on top of it. I would highly recommend the Avatar services. We are a small firm and to have this tool helped us achieve our desired goals.

Thanks for the review! -Bill HR Avatar

Robert
HR Manager in USA
Automotive, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Different Style of Testing

Kommentare: We have used in the past for Customer Service, HR, and other technical positions. The reports are broken up into different categories which make it easy to tell where a candidate excels or needs improvement. This style of testing makes it easy to gauge computer skills. I particularly like the attention to detail score it provides. I do wish that there was some explanation in terms of how the scoring is done. There are a lot of positions I wish I could test using HR Avatar that aren't an option.

Attention to detail. Testing computer skills. Interactive style.

Would be nice to have more positions available.

Antwort von HR Avatar

Robert, Thanks for your great review! Score explanation: This is now a feature of our reports. With our summer 2016 update, we added a detailed explanation of the scoring to the end of the score report. It appears on any test reports run after that release. Additional tests: We have over 200 tests for specific job positions. The test titles are based on the US Dept of Labor job titles, so the titles might deviate from other commonly used job titles. If you search the catalog by your job title, it usually will find the right test, but if not- let us know. We also have 450 skills-specific tests. If there is a test you'd like to see, please let us know. We create new assessments based on market demand and we would like to hear from you. Thanks again. -Bill

Frank
Executive Vice President in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Don't hire anyone without HR Avatar!

Kommentare: I wished I had known about it earlier. It would have saved me the time, effort and the cost of some poor hires! I've used it with two companies that I've been at and got my wife hooked on using it for her company. She swears by it as well. The alternatives to HR Avatar that I looked it were far too expensive for the smaller organizations that I've led. HR Avatar provides objective data that when combined with subjective interviews gives a much fuller picture of a candidate. With HR Avatar I can hire with confidence.

It works! HR Avatar is easy to administrate and it provides assessments for numerous types of positions. Most importantly, I've found the assessment reports to be incredibly accurate and the suggested interview questions very helpful in employee candidate selection.

Truly, no negatives with HR Avatar! It works as advertised.

Antwort von HR Avatar

Thank you for your review, Frank!

Lucious
Executive Director in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent Tool to Aid in Choosing the Best Candidates for a Position.

The interactive software gives the candidate a more realistic job setting. It also allows me, as an employer, collect valuable information, which I can use in gauging the potential performance of a candidate in a scenario job setting. It also gives me valuable personality assessments which I can use in screening candidates for interview.

The software is somewhat intuitive when setting up the perimeters, but once setup it is a breeze to use.

Antwort von HR Avatar

Thank you for your review, Lucious! We appreciate you taking the time to write your thoughts, and we are pleased you find our software helpful in evaluating your candidates.

Rob
CEO in Jamaika
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

No more boring assessments for US!

Kommentare: We love it! We will perpetually budget for this as long as it serves our purpose.

We came from using Total Testing. This Integration with our current business process went uninterrupted. Candidates are more engaged and this is very in-line with our fun and results-driven company theme. We're able to gauge candidates' skills and qualifications a lot better using the data and analytics provided. Whenever there's been an issue (only two historically), they were responsive, literally within minutes, and delivered positive results in record time. Highly recommend!

Well, you gotta face it, it's a piece of technology. So, with that, you're gonna have one or two hick-ups now and again. Too many, sure, it's a waste of time and money. But we have not had an issue since using it that did not get immediate attention in MINUTES.

Antwort von HR Avatar

Hi, Rob! Thank you for your review. It's great to hear that our software made testing more engaging for your candidates, and we are glad that it's a good fit for your company's business model.

Emily
Talent Acquisition Specialist in USA
Gastgewerbe, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Customer Service Representative (with Emails and calls) Assessment

This software provides our candidates the preview of what the position is truly like and gives them more of an understanding of what will be required of them if they are hired for the position. I really like the camera feature as well so we can truly see if the candidate is taking the assessment by their self or if they have someone assisting them.

On top of receiving their overall score I wish it would say from 0-49 this candidate is not recommended, 50-74 moderate performance potential and 75- 100 high performance potential. It would make it easier to go through the a lot of assessments at one time without having to click on each one and view the scores individually.

Antwort von HR Avatar

Thank you for this review and the feedback, Emily! Thanks for the suggestion regarding score presentation. We are always looking to make the results interpretation process easier for customers and will consider your idea carefully.

Ma. Reneth
Total Rewards Head in Japan
Einzelhandel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

HR Avatar Pre-Employment Assessments

Kommentare: Breathe of fresh air for HR practitioner like me.

Ease of use, customer service, very friendly and accommodating staff and value for money.

None. Everything is very innovative and very promising.

Antwort von HR Avatar

Thank you for your review, Ma. Reneth!

Sara
N/A in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, Selbstständig

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

Kommentare: It's horrible. Software is rubbish and useless, customer service ditto, they take days to return emails and days to return calls, their tech support consists solely of taking 48 hours to tell you to clear your browser and then hanging up; I'm so done with this it's not even funny. Guess what, I can't even be considered for a job that I applied for i I don't use HR Avatar's assessment, which doesn't work and they won't fix, so I guess I'll just stay unemployed. Never ever buy or use HR Avatar.

Absolutely nothing. The assessment I was sent for a job interview didn't work; 15 steps of troubleshooting later and a week of not hearing anything from HR Avatar but "clear your browser" and I guess I can't even be considered for a job. Thanks for the broken software, stress, and horrible customer service, HR Avatar.

Everything. Nothing works. I was supposed to do an assessment on this software so I could interview for a job; the software did not work, of course. A full week after contacting customer service, all they said was "clear your browser", which was the first of 15 troubleshooting steps I undertook before calling them. It took them days to email me that, it took them days more to call me and tell me that, and since then, radio silence. Never buy their software, never use their software, never deal with these people because you're just wasting your breath.

Antwort von HR Avatar

Hello Sara. We are sorry that your experience with HR Avatar was not a positive one. We serve over 1,000 customers a day who do not have difficulties completing the assessment, so the problems you had must have been unique to your computer or device. We are determined to make sure every customer has an easy to use and beneficial experience with our products. Would you be able to share your phone number with us? We would like to contact you, troubleshoot the problems you had, and help rectify this situation. Thank you for your feedback.

Tomasz
HR Associate in USA
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

HR Avatar Review

The software is ease to send out to potential candidates and gives a nice overview of different skills and how they might match with what we are looking for.

The tests are hard to align with some of the more specific positions we have. It is hard from time to time to find a test that will be appropriate to the skill sets we are looking to figure out about a candidate. Also it is difficult to explain the rigors sometimes that exist in taking the exam to potential candidates. It would be nice if they were prompted with what the true needs are before they take the exam.

Antwort von HR Avatar

Thank you for your review and for the suggestion about explaining the requirements to candidates before they begin. We will evaluate the best way to do that.

Melissa
Recruiting Specialist in USA
Bankwesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Smart Review 2019

Kommentare: Overall, it's a really helpful tool for determining which candidates are serious and qualified.

I've only been using this software for one month, however I like the fact that it's user friendly. It's fairly easy to navigate through the various functions and options.

The HR Avatar system randomly doesn't work sometimes. We had a few issues with candidate results not showing, their names disappearing, or their test progress disappearing. Also, some test results are randomly not showing what percentile they fall under.

Antwort von HR Avatar

Thank you for your review, Melissa! I believe the issues you are referring to occurred during a major upgrade in September 2019. We're happy to say that we've not experienced any such issues since that several day period. Please let us know if there are any recurring issues.

Suzanne
VP HR in USA
Automotive, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Good Value That Provides Quality Results

The software is affordable for small to midsize companies. Don't let the price fool you, you still get a detailed report that evaluates the key attributes for the position. I also like that the results are immediate and we receive suggested questions for the interview to probe further the areas of concern. I have yet to find a test that didn't match a role I was interviewing for and the identification software is terrific. So far the software has been a great predictor of performance for us and as a result we are budgeting to continue the service next year.

I haven't run into any issues with the software or the results and I have administered a couple dozen tests to date. Overall I really like the product.

Antwort von HR Avatar

Thank you for your review, Suzanne!

Susan
Operations Manager in USA
Rechtsberatung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Convenient and reliable skills testing

HR Avatar has helped improve our overall hiring practice. We can now easily test candidates on their computer skills, writing ability, attention to detail and so much more! We are even assured it is actually the candidate taking the test with the unannounced photos!

I do not like the Microsoft Office section that is part of the Paralegal test. It does not give a fair assessment of their Microsoft Office skills. This one area needs improvement.

Antwort von HR Avatar

Thank you for your comment about this, Susan! We will re-visit the Office section of the paralegal assessment to see if it is representing those skills fairly and revise if necessary.

Joshua Matthew
HR Assistant in Philippinen
Immobilien, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

HR Avatar Review

Kommentare: HR Avatar is very helpful in screening applicants as it can determine where applicants are having a hard time dealing with and it also shows the potential risks upon hiring the candidate. It makes the job of HRs easy and efficient. Though I think the price can be adjusted. Other than that, I have no other problems. Kudos!

This software has helped our recruitment process big time since everything is digital already and doesn't need any papers. It is also very friendly for applicants as well.

To be honest, the price for each test can be very expensive for an exam.

Antwort von HR Avatar

Thank you, Joshua! We appreciate your feedback about price. Actually, our analysis shows that our prices are slightly below the middle-of-the-range for reputable competitors. Unfortunately, there are many less reputable providers who do not take sufficient care with their assessments and who tend to compete strictly on price.