Über Filevine

Fallmanagement, Projektmanagement speziell für juristisches Fachpersonal. Die Nutzerfreundlichkeit macht Filevine perfekt für agile Unternehmen.

Erfahre mehr über Filevine

We had consistent difficulties with our server and of course that made them entirely unproductive. Filevine worked wonderfully in replacing our server and eliminating those growing costs.

We used to be able to drag the photos from the page they were opened on. Now, we have to hit download and when another screen appears, we can drag the photo from there.

Bewertungen zu Filevine

Filevine hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 203 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Filevine bereits verwendet?

Abigail
Abigail
Director of Mass Torts in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Best thing to come out of 2020…

Kommentare: Overall, I could not be happier with our experience with Filevine. It has exceeded our expectations and truly helped our firm in the last nine months. We were worried about transitioning with our staff, but the process went very smoothly given that we were working remotely at the time. The customer support that we received during our onboarding and integration could not have been better.

My most loved feature of Filevine is the flexibility to customize it to fit your firm’s needs. It was extremely important to us to pick a case management software that allowed us to customize features based on all Case types that we handle. Filevine was extremely easy to learn and use to fit our firms needs. Additionally, the report writing and Filevine can be used by almost anyone. It is very easy to pull the information that you need in a very short amount of time.

There are a couple of newer features in Filevine that could improve. For example, the calendar section in Filevine is something that we currently do not use because of confusion on its integration with outlook. Additionally, I wish that Enterprise automation was a little easier to use.

Stephanie
COO in USA

Best Bang for your Buck

Kommentare: I am very happy with Filevine. The support staff is one of the best of any company I have ever used. Not only are they tremendously patient, but they are very knowledgeable and happy to help you with any problem that you or your staff are having. They listen to their clients and try to improve the features that the clients are requesting most. If you are considering the change to Filevine, I recommend that you do it - you won't regret it.

Filevine is very easy and is an ideal program for personal injury, especially mass torts. It allows for full customization and you can make different projects for each litigation. It allows you to text directly with the clients, both for their convenience and yours. The information can be placed in multiple sections and it makes it very easy to put pertinent information for your attorneys to use for the cases. You can keep track of all types of information with reports, from which intake sources are working best to what type of cases are currently in your inventory. In addition, I have never had a software that is constantly innovating & improving the way that this does.

I did not have to integrate from another software, but there are hiccups and delays when that becomes necessary. However, that is true any time you switch from one to the other. The new Docs Plus is very useful, although you will still need to keep at least one account for Adobe Acrobat, as all the features are not there. I wish there was a way to delete comments or tasks (for the administrator), as sometimes these are made but there is no way to clean it up.

Joel
Joel
CEO in USA
Quelle: GetApp

Great for innovative personal injury firms with dedicated IT team--disastrous customer service!

Kommentare: I have a love-hate relationship with FileVine. If I did it again, I would not have made the leap to FileVine for various reasons. However, it's a great piece of software for the right firm --such as a mid to large size PI firm with a dedicated IT team. Essentially you are given a blank canvas with lots of options. It's not so good if you don't have the resources or IT team to build FileVine out for you, or if you want automation built in, or all in one system.
Ultimately, the reason I am writing this review is the god-awful mess that is FileVine's customer service department. I have to admit am rather upset that FileVine is forcing me to pay for users that we don't have (FV makes you pay once a year and at some point we had some interns who briefly used the software). Other software you pay only for what you use in an automated monthly fashion. FV's renewal process is straight out of 1994. FileVine seems like the admin department has a lot of growing pains--really messy.
But this is just another step in a long history of FileVine's poor customer support (such as taking almost a year to respond to repeated emails about setting up a fax integration.) I thought after treating me so poorly in the past that they would do the right thing in this instance, but FileVine decided they want to make us pay for user accounts that we don't use. It doesn't seem right to me, but it's their company. Ce'st la vie.

A ton of feature and you can make anything you want out of it. The UI is great and customization is the key to FV's attractiveness. You can built almost anything you want. You have to invest a lot of time into building it out.

There are no built-in automations such as in Lawmatics. The doc mgmt and calendar are worthless so we use Google Drive and G-Calendar instead. They haven't really done much to improve Filevine in the past two years whereas other software has been developed much more. They charge you extra for every little add on-- you get nickel and dimed to death. It's like when you go to a restaurant and spend $15 for a burrito. Dont charge me 75 cents for sour cream.

Daniel
Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Filevine: The perfect system for hands on users that want flexibility in their system

Filevine is designed for hands on users that want flexibility in their system. The shipped product is rough, but fully customizable for your work flows. Plan to invest significant time on the front end determining how you want your system to work

Initially, the data import from a prior system did not go well. I was an early user and the company had "growing pains." Since then, my system works well.

Kitty
Case Manager in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best Legal Software... Period!

Kommentare: File Vine has helped push our law firm to one of the Best Law Firms in our area! But, shh... don't tell anyone how small we are. File Vine is a very top notch friendly group of professionals who go above and beyond and very happy to help their clients succeed. Very hands on with training, onboarding and 24/7 support. If you forget what you learned, their help section guidelines and online support is superb. Their dashboard is very user friendly and flows. Love the streamlining of work , task flows and deadline chains. One click generated documents, texting, faxing and email features all within the client's case file. The Outlook email feature is a game changer in time management and organization. Last but not least, the substantial document storage and cloud security is as tight as Fort Knox!

Access our case files from anywhere, phone, tablet, and computer at home! Ability to text back and forth to our clients within their case file. One click generated Welcome letters, contracts, Medical records requests, Demand letters, and many more to reduce the repetitive tasks and time. Outlook calendar and Outlook emails dumped into our clients case files. The generated documents, sent to clients, signed and dumped in case files. Task flows and deadline chains with instant notifications to those who need to know. There are so many more features I like, I can go on and on.

File Vine listens to their customers and constantly improving and adding new features so there is not a lot that I don't like about them. They can integrate for you or you can do it yourself. Pretty easy, a little time consuming but it helps you to update and weed out your junk before transferring over to FV.

Kimberly
Litigation Paralegal/office mgr in USA

Love Using Filevine

Kommentare: Overall experience with Filevine has been amazing! Everyone in the office seems to love it and it works very smoothly with what we use it for!

The integration of this product was a bit agitating because it was hard to implement Time Matters documentation into Filevine. Once it was finally complete, however, it has worked like a charm. The Filevine team were also very understanding to our specific dilemma and did what they could to pull all the data we needed from Time Matters.

I wish it were easier to do the templates. I just don't have the time to enter all the codes needed and honestly don't fully understand how to do it, so it's a bit difficult.

Alison
Law Clerk in Kanada

Time Saver

Kommentare: Doc+ is still not as functional and userfriendly. The view of documents and folders. It would be very beneficial to have an option to view all of the documents in the folders and subfolders at one time rather than having to click into each subfolder to see what is in it. This process takes up valuable time.

This software has made it easy for our team members to track daily tasks and team members activities. This software has also helped us to stream line communication on our files which ultimately saves time for the team and the client

I believe Doc plus isn't as functional and easy as it could be. I believe it would be very beneficial to be able to see all the items in docs folders in one view rather than having to click in each individual subfolder

Kristina

Good Answer to a Small Practice

Kommentare: Communication between employees with tasks that can be entered per client helps to keep on top of things. Everything is organized, which we like, so it streamlines the process. Most work involved is simply setting the cases up by entering data but t's all fill in the blanks

We like that this software is mostly customizable. We are a small firm and do not need all the bells and whistles that large firms might utilize so it is nice to design the format for how we do business. Mostly, we like that, since it is in the cloud, we can work with it no matter where we are which was a huge help in 2020 while working at home.

Improvements are being made all the time and if there is an area that needs improvement, we can enter it at the website and it will be reviewed and changed if enough people agree with our assessment. So there's not a lot to dislike as most are small things that don't affect the overall production. Maybe that the yield section determining settlement could include liens.

Tom
Rechtsberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

If you have at least a little tech savvy, Filevine is the best

Kommentare: I love the product. Period.

The ready customizability of key features of the platform (database structure, document generation, reporting, deadline and calendar management, and so on) can really, really compound your team's efforts and reduce errors by forcing folks to do things the right way every time.

There are plenty of features that could use one or two little tweaks that would make things easier or better for my use case, but nothing that makes me grind my teeth on a regular basis. The one thing that I wish was consistently better is user-support related to the API. The general customer support and how-to articles are fantastic. The API documentation is OK, and the team is knowledgeable, but it can be hard to get them because, I assume, they are quite busy.

Anwaltskanzlei, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Love the document handling but we are having to move on due to a host of other issues/

Kommentare: We had high hopes for FileVine but we are having to move on due to the multitude of issues identified already. Also, Zapier integration is so basic we can't even really create any workarounds.

The document handling is amazing - this is why we purchased this solution.

First and foremost, good luck getting anything done with their team. I don't know if they are understaffed or just don't care but as other reviewers have noted, the customer service is terrible. We have billing issues that no one will resolve. We signed up for an automation service (add-on) and it's been over a month and not only have they not started the project, they haven't even assigned anyone to it.

Tyler
Rechtsberatung, Selbstständig

review

Kommentare: I like it. But it isn't a perfect 10 product.

that the system does update, that the company does work on it.

its isn't as user friendly as it could be with changing things about the practice areas. it does take a significant amount of work to dig into the weeds to figure out how to auto-generate documents.

Drenna
Receptionist/Admin in USA

Excellent Product That Can Take you Anywhere you Need to Go

Kommentare: The benefits are that everything is within our reach in the project. I appreciate the many tabs that can be created for what ever we need. The avenues are endless with Filevine.

Filevine is so simple to use and we appreciate the ability to create projects for anything the firm needs. I particularly like the report builder.

Sometimes there are glitches but for the most part it is a quality dependable product. Support is always ready and able to resolve any issue we may encounter.

Robert
Partner in USA

Excellent So Far

Kommentare: The Filelvine training and transition is extremely well organized. The customer support is exceptional. They are proactive and knowledgeable and pleasant. The resources are endless and on point and readily available and they understand how to communicate and train busy lawyers and staff. Basically Filevine is the New England Patriots in their prime and TrialWorks is the Cleveland Browns at their worse.

Its is extremely well organized with advanced capabilities that exceed TrialWorks by a great margin. The customer support is night and day. TrialWork was a cluster fudge. Filevine is like the extremely well run and proactive and knowledgeable and pleasant. Basically Filevine is the New England Patriots in their prime and TrialWorks is the Cleveland Browns at their worse.

Nothing so far. The customer service is excellent - and nothing we have encountered so far is anything less.

Chelsea

Great File System

Kommentare: Filevine has made it much easier and simpler to organize cases and keep up with what phase they are in / recent activity made within the cases.

I like the project feed feature most as it helps make it much easier to keep up with the flow and organization of our cases.

I don't like the editing PDF feature because it is difficult to use, I usually use Adobe PDF to edit PDFs instead of Filevine.

Randy
Case Manager/Integrator in USA
Rechtsberatung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great Product that Continues to Give

Kommentare: My overall experience is great. I do wish that there was more available support.

I handled the development for our PI department and I found the support page and the training sessions that you can sign up for were very specific in what they were teaching and were very helpful. When it came to launching and training my staff, I found it a lot easier than expected.

I don't like that we are not told when there is a bug that your team is working out. For example, fax and email attachments were not going into our folders from the feed. When we reached out to report the issue, they were already aware of it and working on it. Meanwhile, we had no idea how long it had been an issue so we had to go back thru the activity feed of all our projects to make sure everything was moved over to the folders bc we were following up on items that were already received but we didn't realize. Had we known as soon as your team did, we could handled it differently and paid more attention. It would be nice to announce when a bug or issue is found so we can let our team know and adjust accordingly. We also spend a lot of time researching issues before calling support to make sure it is not something in house just to find out it is not. A lot of wasted time spent.

Christina
Director of Operations in USA
Rechtsberatung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Filevine Feedback

Kommentare: It is a big step up from where we were but Filevine has a lot of work to do with making the system work for a large firm. It seems like many major things are geared towards smaller firms mainly reporting and permissions levels and features offered to firms that handle litigation. EX Deadline chains and calendaring need ALOT of work. Notifications are overwhelming because you can't limit them by users. System Admins should have access to everyone's account. Large firms should be given a Project Lead consistent with the needs of the customer. An accurate project outline/Agenda was never provided and were never given the proper training or guidance as to the most effective way to customize the sections to our needs which caused significant delays and forced us many times to redo an entire section. There were too many teams, too much switching of people helping us and we were unable to rely on one person. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is awesome. Everything changed for the better when she was assigned to our account. She deserves to be recognized as she came into a huge mess left by a former teammate and managed to get it done! Thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT]

Activity Section, communication with the firm, texting from each project, customization.

Templates are limited, Admin status is not ala carte, everyone has access to all reports, I have to use multiple reports to get information I need when I should be able to get everything on one report, doesn't support older document imports, doesn't support latest greatest iphone file types for photos, videos types from municipalities for PI are not supported, there isn't a button to create a simple envelope on the contact card, automation is clunky and slow, the backend of Filevine is very very slow to create reports, add or delete things, calendaring system is lacking, deadline chains have to be triggered one by one, if one simple field gets changed all the templates break, can run reports by role, no ability to notify more than one person on a file at the same time, can't pin important things to activity feed unless you are an admin, inability to insert different signatures into different documents, inability to have an individual fax number per user, inability to have a mailroom per user in FV, PDF editor not compatible with faxing or printing everything is blurry, using org groups for calendaring, drag and drop in customs editor instead of entering line numbers, role criteria in user list report, mass updating needs more flexibility especially at migration time into FV from an existing system, ability to email from the system without using a sharelink many companies do not accept them for security reasons, better compressing tools for large combined docs - ex Adobe pro

Antwort von Filevine

Hi Christina, thank you so much for the feedback. At Filevine, we strive to create products that simplify legal work, but sometimes we learn we are falling short. We appreciate your honest review and will take the feedback into consideration for future product development and updates. If you would like to discuss this issue further, feel free to reach out to our team at reviews@filevine.com.

Thomas
IT Director in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Filevine Review

Kommentare: Overall Filevine has been great. Implementation was a beast but after you get through that process its smooth sailing and only minor tweeks are needed to maintain the product. Since it's cloud based it has been a life saver as far as remote workers. As long as the user has an internet connection they can access all of the law firms cases and Filevine manages all updates and security.

What I like most about Filevine is its high level of customization. We migrated to Filevine from Lexis Nexis Time Matters and we were able to map every field in Filevine to an existing field in Filevine. We did not lose ANY functionality of data availability when we migrated, which was our primary concern when we first purchased the product.

What I liked least about the software was the implementation of the product. This may sound like a contradiction since I said what I liked most about the software was its customization abilities, but setting up the product required one of our employees work full time on the setup for over 3 months. The Filevine implementation team was great but the setup required so many customizations that it required multiple months of product customizations, then testing, then remediation and then the process started all over again for another case type. Disclaimer : We set up a LOT of case types in Filevine.

Patrick

Essential for Our Practice

Filevine combines all of the task management and creation, file note taking, document storage and management into one easily accessible program. The fact that you can access this from any phone or computer is amazing. Keeping track of your clients and your tasks is so much easier and at your fingertips with Filevine.

The calendar feature could be broadened and made easier. It feels like an afterthought and we don't really even use it. The deadline chain is clunky and not very versatile. We use it but it could use some updates and improving.

Tina
Legal Assistant in Kanada
Rechtsberatung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Pros and Cons

Product is easy to use and I like that you guys are always updating and adding new features. The editing tools such as page extraction and being able to combine documents now is also really helpful. The fax integration feature is fantastic. It is a great way to organize and work your file and keeps all team members updated on the file status and tasks completed and done.

Right now, I can't highlight PDF documents. I deal with large documents and must extract and highlight pertinent information. Support has told me to adobe to highlight which creates an extra step for me just to highlight a document I am already in. Also, keeping documents and sending documents in a chronological order is impossible. We need to be able to create tab numbers in a brief format which will stay when shared with others (i.e. physicians and defence counsel when serving our affidavit of documents).

Bea
Litigation Paralegal in USA

Excellent-A+

Kommentare: Filevine has been, and continues to be, easy to use, customizable to our firm needs and always implementing new features to meet todays everchanging technology needs.

The software is very customizable and if it doesn't do what you need or want, the FV support team is all ears. In fact, I have reached out to support regarding our particular firm needs several times and every time they have created a feature to fulfill that need. FV is always evolving, improving and adding new features.

FV is not without flaws, of course, but FV support team is Fierce and ALWAYS been on our team when we have had issues and has always provided or created resolutions.

Antwort von Filevine

Thanks for the awesome review Bea!

Kendra

What I wish we had available to us in FV

That I can see all of the information pertaining to our files with a few clicks of the mouse

I wish that information would be shared across tabs. I have to enter information in multiple times in multiple tabs and it can be tedious. For example on our Intake take we enter the police agency that responded to a MVA and then on the investigation tab I have to enter it again. I wish that info would carry over within the same project. Also, I wish there was a way /place to enter contacts for all projects to pull from - for example a hospital name/contact info I wish I could start typing the hospital name an FV would pull the hospital contact information from one central place instead of me having to re-enter all of the contact information for every new project where that information applies.

Paul
Paralegal in USA

Paralegal highly recommends Filevine

Kommentare: I have used Filevine for more than a year now. It's the best case management software I have ever used. It's user-friendly. Managing cases and the dozens of documents, emails, records, etc., is so much easier with Filevine. The software is very efficient and easy to navigate.

Filevine is perfect for personal injury firms. Each client has their own file. The folders and subfolders make document management easy. It works well with Vinesign, the program's e-signature software.

I really have no complaints. I wish we could add a DOB field for defendants, not just our clients.

Artin
Anwaltskanzlei, Selbstständig

The best

Ease of use, ease of customizing and catering it for your specific needs; the fact that filevine is always updating the system to make it easier for us, adding better features, etc.

Nothing. The price for some things could be cheaper, but that's about it.

Andrea
Director of Marketing in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great system to learn and grow with!

Kommentare: Filevine is a great asset to your law firm once fully customized. It grows with your practice.

The possibilities of Filevine's use are broad. Once you customize it and learn it well, it's a vital part of your law practice.

Learning the capabilities of Filevine requires an expert, especially the reports.

Alison
Rechtsberatung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Review

Kommentare: It has been pretty good so far. I think it will continue to improve.

I like that most things can be done through Filevine and I don’t need to use multiple softwares for cases or save documents in many different places.

I don’t love the tasking or notifications in Filevine. I think they are too hard to notice and are easily missed.

Antwort von Filevine

Hi Alison, thank you for your honest review. We are constantly improving the Filevine platform in order to simplify legal work. I am glad that Filevine is working out for your firm, and I will pass on your feedback to our product team so we are better able to serve you in the future. If you have any additional feedback, don't hesitate to reach out at reviews@filevine.com.