Lessonly is the most intuitive LMS out there!

Bewertet am 13.11.2016
Ruben V.
Head of Training

Kommentare: Due to the growth of our company, we needed a Learning Management System (LMS) that would help onboarding all the new hires. Before we used a powerpoint presentation, but that wasn't maintainable nor scalable since we have multiple offices around the world. That's why we started looking for a web-based LMS that was very easy to work with, both for the administrator creating content as for the users doing the online courses and quizzes. And if possible with a very simple yet slick design. After some research we found Lessonly and it checked all the boxes. And now we are not using Lessonly just for onboarding new hires, we are also using it to train existing employees. Each department within Bynder has a specific team member that creates lessons and quizzes. Since it is soo simple to create / edit content, my life as an administrator maintaining it is also very easy. Every day I receive an email with all the lessons that have been completed by our colleagues. But I also receive notifications if some colleagues have missed their deadline. Last thing I would like to point out is the great service we get from our Client Experience Manager. Whenever I send an email, I always get a reply within a few hours. When I ask a question, I always get an answer. Or sometimes even better, an instant solution! When I request a conference call, my client Experience Manager is always available to catch up, discuss the feedback I have received from our new hires (who are very enthusiastic about our online Training Centre) and talk about new road map features. Several times I came up with suggestions that later I could explain in detail to their VP of Product - everything to make their product better and therefore my experience. That is the kind of company we like to do business with!

Vorteile: - Easy to create content for administrators / creators
- Very intuitive to work with for new hires
- Web-based so changes in lessons made are updated automatically
- Overview of all users who did (not) complete their lessons
- Automatic email reminders for uncompleted lessons
- Great service from Client Experience Manager

Nachteile: The dashboards with information and statistics about who is assigned to which lesson and which user has still lessons open are available, yet they could be more advanced based on our personal preferences. I have been informed this is on the roadmap so I am really looking forward to that.

The Goldilocks of LMS Software

Bewertet am 16.5.2019
Customer Support Representative
Bekleidung & Mode, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Before committing to Lessonly, I looked into quite a few LMS solutions. I found this to be the perfect middle ground in terms of price and features. It's really suited for a smallish (under 50 employees company), though I believe they have other plans for larger businesses or teams. Beyond just features, I couldn't be happier with their support. I never found their sales team be pushy which is always a wonderful bonus. They also have quite a few meetup events with company reps which I'm a big fan of.

Vorteile: -From the pitch to implementation, their support was fantastic. They really helped to make sure this would suit our needs and after signing the contract, they followed up to set up a few meetings to make sure we fully understood how to use it to its full capacity. -It's extremely straightforward and easy to use for both administrators and learners. It was so simple I felt like I was missing something, but they assured me that wasn't the case :) -It offers a lot of information and lessons on how to actually train and improve your training process at no additional cost. This has proven to be a really invaluable resource and has improved our training program and saved time in developing it. -I love that it integrates with Zendesk.

Nachteile: -I wish it allowed for some more customization or formatting variation. -Though you can easily embed videos, you can't host them through Lessonly. We knew this going in so it obviously wasn't a dealbreaker, but it would be nice. -As an administrator, I really wish it was possible to create a grading key. I find I create a lot more multiple choice quizzes because it's just too hard to grade written answers.

Great Solution for Online Training

Melina P.
Training & Education Manager
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use Lesson.ly to help provide training to all of our employees; however, it has been most helpful to train our field staff who we do not see in the office that often. We are able to provide information to this group and ask them a few questions to attach accountability to them for knowing or being aware of policy changes, common issues in the field, and safety topics. We are also planning to offer blocks of training to new employees based on their position in the company to assist in orientation and beyond.
I would also like to comment on the customer support. I like that I can send one of my reps a quick email to describe an issue I'm having and I get a fast response. I don't think I've ever waited more than an hour... usually it is just a few minutes. I appreciate that.

Vorteile: Flexibility to train on any topic, technical support, contact with my rep, feel like I am a partner and not one of many customers

Nachteile: I would like to have more capabilities like on PowerPoint to jazz up the lessons (colorful backgrounds, effects, etc.).

What did I do with my life before Lessonly?

Bewertet am 16.7.2018
Meagan M.
Head of CX
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: if you have anyone in your company that's remotely-based, lessonly is a godsend. so easy, very fair pricing, and wonderful support/CSMs. two thumbs up!

Vorteile: constantly improving (been with them for 1.5 years and they constantly release new features), love that their decisions are research-based and some of their workforce are academics who have studied learning/teaching techniques. SO EASY to just write a lesson... adding people is easy, managing teams is easy (especially with the upgraded version, you can "hide" irrelevant lessons from separate teams). recently improved search and UI of the learning library was much appreciated. you can embed gifs, images, videos, sound clips, etc into lessons to make it as interactive as possible. our CSM is always around to help with 1:1 advice and the general support team is wonderful as well!

Nachteile: creating and managing tags leaves something to be desired - just not as intuitive as other parts of the platform. otherwise i still yeard for an easier way to manage lessons, something VISUAL like a tree or flowchart to quickly understand what lessons exist under what paths/teams - that's pretty minor though and not nearly a dealbreaker

eLearning made simple

Diane W.
Professionelles Training & Coaching, Selbstständig

Kommentare: With Lesson.ly's intuitive platform anyone can create engaging online learning. Their built-in styles give you the most desired editing functions -- for example, callouts and having images that the learner simply clicks to enlarge. You can create content quickly and collaboratively without worrying about formatting or authoring tools. As an instructional designer, I especially appreciate being able to deliver small chunks of material. It means that learners aren't waiting for a full course in order to get training. It makes keeping content up to date isn't a huge project. And it encourages learners to take and retake lessons when they need them. However, having a lot of smaller lessons as opposed to fewer large courses makes working with the catalog a little challenging. I've needed to rethink how to structure and manage content. It still feels a little clunky, and I think a large catalog may prove difficult. However, Lesson.ly has also been making improvements. And that brings me to my last point. The Lesson.ly team is fantastic. They are invested in your success, and it shows in everything they do. When you are working in the platform, they are just a click away. They listen. And they follow through. If you're looking to build out informal or subscription types of learning, I definitely recommend trying out Lesson.ly.

Vorteile: Ease of use.
Great support.

Nachteile: Content catalog is a bit clunky. With lots of small lessons, it's hard to visualize what is in the catalog.

Good for remote teams onboarding

Bewertet am 9.9.2018
Lead Software Test Automation Engineer

Kommentare: We started to spend 60%! less time on remote teams onboarding, so it's got easier to adjust out business to changing technology demands.

Vorteile: Out onboarding plan had been a difficult to manage Excel spreadsheet for a long time.
Eventually, I was able to persuade management to use some more appropriate solution.
We compared Lessonly vs WorkRamp and lessonly was the winner because of more reach features set.
Thanks to feature that allow to track trainers activity, we were able to motivate experienced employees to create a number of training materials (most of people were able to use the app right away, without any training) and reward top performers.

Nachteile: Some of trainers reported they experienced formatting issues when creating complex training materials.

Easy to use, incredibly effective

Sarah M.

Kommentare: I've used Lesson.ly for about 6 months now, and am very happy with it. We have teams of contractors who perform services on behalf of our company, and Lesson.ly has made it easy for us to create content, send it out in a digestible way, and then monitor compliance. I do think the software lacks a few bells and whistles that would truly make it amazing, but what they lack in tech features they make up for in customer support. Their team is always willing to go above and beyond to help us figure something out or find a workaround.

Vorteile: Lesson and course format for content creation, referenceable content in a "learning library" format, easy to monitor compliance, easy to create content.

Nachteile: Admin dashboard could use some improvement and more wiki functionality. I would also like a bit more customization in terms of formatting the content.

Easy to use with a great support team.

Keenan S.
Product Education Lead

Kommentare: We looked at a few tools to help us provide better training to our new hires and existing employees. None were as easy to use and nicely designed as Lessonly. The user experience is our main priority, and that's where Lessonly has a huge leg up over their competition. There are some features we'd like to have, and we've had an opportunity to share our feedback during the entire sales/onboarding process. We even had a chance to share feedback directly with members of their leadership team. Everyone has been friendly, responsive, and seem to genuinely care about our overall experience. Their customer support has been top-notch as well. Extremely helpful and speedy in their replies. Recently, a bug I submitted was fixed within hours, with a nice follow up email to confirm. So where certain features lack, they make up for in a great experience. I feel like I can trust them to keep improving their software.

Vorteile: UI/UX design. Customer service.

Nachteile: Would love a more intuitive experience navigating around the gradebook or managing existing lessons. PDF export of grade data is also something we'd love to see.

Simplify your e-learning!

Aaron L.
Learning and Development Specialist

Kommentare: As a user of several large LMS systems, most recently one from Oracle, I constantly lamented the fact that I was spending more of my time managing and learning their HUGE system than I was thinking about the impact of the learning material I was creating. When my learners told me they "just wanted to know what they had to do" I wasn't able to act on that feedback and make learning easier within the bounds of the LMS world. It was just more difficult than it was worth. Lesson.ly has been a breath of fresh air for me! It has less features than an LMS (on purpose) because they have realized that if the learning isn't simple, the learner won't want to engage with it. I highly recommend checking them out if you want to simplify your learning strategy and increase your employee's productivity and on-the-job confidence.

Vorteile: Ease of use and helpful service team.

Nachteile: I have to use a lot of other software to manipulate images, videos, etc...because Lesson.ly doesn't include much in the way of content or design within the software.

Amazing product for employees!

Bewertet am 12.7.2018
Team Lead, Business Development Representatives
201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Training new hires and tenured employees. Testing employee company/product knowledge.

Vorteile: I use this product for all my new hires and sometimes tenured employees for additional training. The ability to built lessons within different paths is perfect for staying organized and making many different trainings to use continuously. I love that I am able to track my employee's progress within each path too, as well as the ability to test them on their knowledge.

Nachteile: The technical aspects of moving lessons from path to path is a bit long and could be made easier, maybe a couple of shortcuts could be made to make it a quicker process.

Lessonly is a Lifesaver

Bewertet am 18.3.2019
Team Lead, Business Development Representatives
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am a sales manager and I use Lessonly almost every day. I build lessons to review sales best practices and to test their knowledge. I also use the video recording feature for the reps to record their elevator pitches or any role playing scenarios.

Vorteile: -Ability to make lessons to review best practices
-Video recording for sales pitches
-Quizzes and test over sales training
-Continued training

Nachteile: Needs to fix a couple of bugs with copy and paste feature, but other than that it is great!

Lessonly Works!

Bewertet am 17.1.2019
Adjunct English Instructor
Hochschulbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Lessonly works very well for our training systems. Our information is updated/can change a lot so being able to easily go into a lesson to update is a benefit. Lessonly also provides 'house' lesson/guides for it's administrators including tips on when to put information into video, what might work best content-wise or how much content. This is very useful for those creating lessons for the first time.

Vorteile: Your can add videos, images, and quizzes to the lessons on any slide. You can create lesson paths which clump certain lessons into one flow. You can track when employees begin and end lessons, and the 'grade' they get for each lesson (if you have quizzes in lessons).

Nachteile: Can be cumbersome to add a new administrator for auditing the lessons if there are a ton of lessons, as it seems you can only add an editor one lesson at a time.

A great platform for employee learning

Matt B.
Education & Safety Administrator
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Working with the Lesson.ly team has been fantastic. They are incredibly responsive to customer needs and concerns. They have helped me through every step of the development and roll-out process. Lessons are incredibly easy to build. They are also rolling out new features frequently. I've really enjoyed developing my content and sharing it with my employees. They've also enjoyed a new format for learning - one where they're not listening to me lecture all the time! Not SCORM compatible, but that's the only major inconsistency with other LMS platforms. I recommend Lesson.ly, especially for small education departments like me!

Vorteile: Lessons are easy to build. They frequently add new content for free. It is reasonably priced for small organizations. The staff is incredibly responsive and helpful. It works well with a lot of content which can be embedded.

Nachteile: Not SCORM compliant - this is common to other LMS platforms. Also, the gradebook could use some more views - but they're working on it!

Very Easy to Learn and Implement

Bewertet am 2.4.2019
Learning & Engagement Manager
E-Learning, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I never had any formal training, but was able to pick this up quickly and easily - that is the sign of great, easy to use software. Customer service is quick to respond and VERY helpful as well which is lovely.

Nachteile: More ability to do things in bulk (bulk upload, bulk tag) would make an easy to use software even easier to use!

Makes learning quick and simple

Bewertet am 9.8.2019
Happiness Engineer
Internet, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I love that progress is saved across lessons and completion is tracked. Wanting to have every lesson available from the company completed is almost like a game. You don't want to stop running through courses so you can keep up your 100% completion rate. Quizes at the end, interactive lessons are nice little bonuses.

Nachteile: The dashboard is a little weak for discovery and the search is presented in a manner that results in 1 lesson producing many search results.

Amazing learning software with some of the best client support I've ever experienced.

David G.
Program Manager, Learning & Enablement
Internet, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Working with Lessonly has been one of the best vendor partner experiences I've had. In our search for a learning platform, I was pleasantly surprised to find this (relatively) small company innovating in a market where most others are falling behind. The Lessonly platform has gotten us excited again about capturing and sharing internal company knowledge. The support and partnership we have with the Lessonly team is one of the best experiences I've ever had. They have provided great guidance on building setup and launch, building engaging lessons, and best practices around driving adoption. Lessonly rocks!

Love this product

Bewertet am 15.2.2017
Darian S.
Operations Development and Training Specialist

Kommentare: As an Operations Development and Training Specialist, I'm always looking for ways to make training fun. Lesson.ly has provided that with the option to include videos and checking knowledge of the information. I would recommend this to any company who wants to better there communication on new information

Vorteile: Ease of use.
Variety of functions

Nachteile: nothing

Easy to Use and Manage!

Bewertet am 6.2.2017
Jesse K.
Sr. Director, Professional Services

Kommentare: Intuitive use, ease and simplicity are Lessonly's strengths. As a learner I appreciate the variety of ways curriculum is delivered (cards, screen shots, videos, etc), all followed with a quick comprehension quiz to help me retain the info. I look forward to lessons about new product updates from our training team every week!

Vorteile: Intuitive and easy to use.

Nachteile: As a product designed primarily for educating employees, there's not very natural way for me to administer training or lessons for my external customers, but we still get some great content out there using this system.

Solid tool for training your employees

Bewertet am 12.2.2019
Lead Training and Support Specialist

Vorteile: It's a nice tool that lets you set up learning tools for your end users to use and go over learn from.
I set up a whole IT course for new users to do as part of their onboarding process. We also use in conjunction with our broader company-wide onboarding set up

Nachteile: the only thing I can think of could use a little work on is the user management, i think it could be a little better and easier to add users and as well as remove them too.

Easy LMS that is nimble and employee friendly

Bewertet am 16.6.2017
Director of Operations
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Our employees like lessonly because it is lightweight with beautiful design - they don't need training on this simple software. It allows us to automatically distribute lessons in bite-sized chunks to ensure learning happens continuously. Their customer support is very friendly, responsible and adaptable.

Nachteile: I want to see their new feature rollout soon (they tantalize me with things on their product roadmap and make me impatient).

Lessonly - Review

Bewertet am 23.5.2019
Audio Producer
E-Learning, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It's a fantastic contemporary e-learning platform that has immaculate UX design that works very intuitively.

Nachteile: It's focus is restricted to professional training, expanded functionality to work with other Platforms like Moodle would be useful.

Fantastic Learning Management System

Nicole P.
Sr. Mgr. Training

Kommentare: I've been using Lesson.ly for a year and a half and I've had an incredibly positive experience. The platform itself is simple to use and the team behind it has been fantastic.

Vorteile: Simplistic to use

Nachteile: Could use a more robust reporting tool on the front end

Easy, modern E-Learning Tool

Melisa B.
Virtual Trainer
Restaurants, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Lesson.Ly is an incredibly easy and user friendly E-Learning program for both designers and learners. As an admin creating lessons and courses is a smooth process and enjoyable.

Vorteile: Easy of use is my favorite part.

Nachteile: When building lessons it a bit tedious that the "ADD NEW: Text, Question, Image, etc" bar does not scroll with the page, so you always have to go backup the page any time you need a new piece.

Easy to Get Lessons Stood Up

Bewertet am 24.1.2019
Ecommerce Strategist

Vorteile: This is very easy to use software and takes little to get set up. You have to commit to getting the right information in there, but the software does its job to make your life easy when doing so.

Nachteile: The customization of certain functions leaves some to still be desired.

Lessonly makes enablement fun and easy

Bewertet am 4.10.2018
Account Executive

Kommentare: Lessonly helps our entire team to maintain knowledge levels and quickly disperses new information and teachings.

Vorteile: I like the intuitiveness of the lessons. Everything is very easy to follow along, even when multiple forms of media are used (i.e - text, video, graphs, etc). I also really like the reminders that my lesson is due ;)

Nachteile: I had to download a separate app for recording demo's. I wish I could use the tracking/recording software I already use and integrate it with Lessonly.