Über Codenvy

Codenvy erstellt von jedem IDE aus gesteuerte Entwicklerarbeitsbereiche. Du lädst es herunter, das Unternehmen verwaltet es oder es läuft in der gehosteten Cloud.

Erfahre mehr über Codenvy

Nicht verfügbar

Nicht verfügbar

Bewertungen zu Codenvy

Codenvy hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 466 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Codenvy bereits verwendet?

Kyle
Kyle
Mobile Developer in
, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Hands down best Cloud IDE

Kommentare: When I moved over to a Chromebook a few years ago I was sifting through all the cloud IDE options and Codenvy really stuck out as the best option from the start. Through the years they have kept to their word and keep making the service better and better. The latest version is just a complete "wow!" from seeing how much the platform has grown. Yes, it's practically a platform since it has so many great features baked in besides being a higly performant IDE; Git (GitHub / Bitbucket), Docker, Bower, Google App Engine (GAE), multiple languages, starter templates, "local" datasources, etc.! The portability of it makes it a simple choice as well since there's nothing to install and works great on every platform I've needed access to my projects (Windows, Mac OSX, ChromeOS, Linux).

Portability to be able to access projects on any OS with nothing to install. Just open up a browser tab and start coding. The flexibility to write virtually anything from native Android apps to web apps that run on most PaaS. The ease of the wizard to start a new project is unmatched.

Certain Git commands don't fully execute correctly all the time (such as deletes) since the update to v3.x. Offline ability and a mobile/tablet app would really put this over the top. True FTP integration (it has it through a 3rd party currently) would also be great to make it the only cloud IDE I need.

Antwort von Codenvy

Thank you for the review, if you come across any Git issues please let us know by posting information on the problem to our Google Group (https://groups.google.com/a/codenvy.com/forum/#!forum/codenvy) our Git integration is very important to us and we want to make sure it's flawless. Regards, Brad

Farzam
Software Developer in Deutschland
Internet, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

An In-Depth Review of Codenvy

Kommentare: Codenvy offers a powerful and user-friendly development platform that is ideal for developers who need to quickly create, test, and deploy applications. While there are some limitations when it comes to customizing the environment, Codenvy is a great option for developers who need an easy-to-use platform for their projects.

Codenvy is an incredibly useful and user friendly development platform that allows developers to create, test and deploy applications quickly and easily. It's cloud-based, so you don't need to worry about managing, installing, or configuring any hardware. The platform offers a wide range of features and tools, including a powerful IDE, integrated version control, and an easy-to-use deployment system.

The only downside is the lack of customization options. There are limited ways to customize the environment and the platform is not as flexible as some other development platforms.

Kabuta
Software Developer in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Best Solution For Application Development

5,0 letzte Woche Neu

When it comes to application development, Codenvy has it all and has been very helpful As a software developer, I like that debugging using Codenvy is easy.

It is not ideal for new users - they require training

Justin
Software Developer in
, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Excellent service, but a few issues I hope will be ironed out

Kommentare: I have been very impressed with Codenvy's service so far. The big thing I was looking for was a service that could be used from multiple computers without having the set up an environment on each. This service easily meets that, and has support for a lot of languages. In terms of languages, I wanted a service with support for Java projects with Maven, and this seems to have support for that, among many other languages as well. The ease of use of the editor is important to me as well. Things like automatically adding closing brackets, tabbing when appropriate when I add a new line, etc. It has been a very pleasant experience in this area and I've been very pleased. There are still many editing features I have yet to explore, and I look forward to learning what all it has to offer. The only area I've noticed it lacks, is it sometimes adds closing brackets or tags when they already exist, if you rewrote the beginning tag for some reason - however even in advanced editors that can be an issue. My issue is it seems to not allow you to reorganize files without any long workaround methods. I would prefer to be able to drag and drop files in the tree view - it seems a basic feature in my day to day computer use, and it seems odd that I can't do it here. Perhaps there is another way to move files that I'm not aware of. So far I've only been able to create a new file, copy contents, and delete the old, or download then upload where desired. While they work, they are certainly not ideal methods. If this were possible, I could honestly see myself paying for the service in the near future - it's well worth it. Personally, I just graduated with a BS in Computer Science and have just begun working as a software developer in a large software company. I was really looking for something to play with some personal projects outside of my work hours.

It's free! Cloud access from any computer Easy to use editor Editor contains many advanced features Supports many languages

Unable to drag and drop files in the tree view (not sure if there is another way to move files - if so, I've yet to find it - however there are workarounds, such as creating a new file and copying contents, just not ideal)

Antwort von Codenvy

Thanks very much for using Codenvy and for your detailed review - the drag-and-drop is something that is in our backlog and that we will be attacking this year.

Marc
Marc
Web Application Developer in
, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Cool Stuff...first Impressions

Kommentare: Just stumbled across code envy recently while looking at other cloud dev alternatives.
The whole process for signing up for a free tier account (512 MB) and getting something up and running couldn't have taken more than 10 or 15 minutes. As a new user, I am still playing around with it a bit but it has some great possibilities for running multiple dev environments without having to get all the pre reqs installed and configured on my own machine.

From my perspective there are a number of things that I like: - Easy of setup - Pretty nice code editor - Anywhere access - Ability to have multiple environments - Multiple language support - Git support

Since I am new to Docker, I would love to be able to get my hands into some advanced config options. Additional web development language support (other than PHP) would be nice to see.

Antwort von Codenvy

Thank you for the review - we are in the process of revamping how custom environments are handled and over the coming months you will see changes to make these even simpler to manage. For the web development language support we currently support many different languages including Javascript, Python and others. You can see a full list by creating a new project and scrolling down the list to the "samples" area. If there are still issues please contact us on our forum: https://codenvy.com/technical-support Thanks, Brad

Pretty decent

Kommentare: This is written from the perspective of a PHP developer. I signed up for Codenvy because I was testing out multiple cloud-based IDEs for features that I like. Chief among them was support for docblock annotations that allowed ctrl+click into methods. While this feature wasn't present here, it wasn't surprising because it's not present in any other cloud IDE either. What I liked about Codenvy is that it was super easy to create an account and get going with their free plan. The plan itself offers a lot for no investment, and the software is easy to use. You can get a blank project up and running in minutes. For a knockaround dev system, the pay-as-you-go pricing is super reasonable. Before I discuss what I didn't like, I'd like to mention up-front that they do tell you the software is new and that you may run into quirks. I have no doubt that codenvy will be a really great IDE in the future, but right now it just didn't suit my purposes. PHP syntax highlighting seems to be missing. All the text was yellow. I'm not sure if there are some config options I couldn't find to fix this, but it seems like it should be an out-of-the-box feature if they offer support for PHP. There wasn't support for remote projects, at least not on the free version. I couldn't find any info that suggested remote support in paid versions either. There's no built-in shell interface like other IDEs seem to have. The CLI requires java, which isn't something that was possible for me since my main dev machine is a Chromebook. That was the biggest dealbreaker for me. Ultimately, it's a pretty decent IDE if you have low requirements. I like the product, and I plan on checking back in with it over the next few months to see if they've made any progress.

Easy to use Low entry barrier Fair pricing Free plan Decent documentation

No PHP syntax highlighting No support for remote projects No built-in shell CLI requires Java

Tim
Tim

Next step in development

Kommentare: This is a great product that is almost there. We have started using it for little open source products. Its pretty easy to have one dev setup the project, and the others just clone the codenvy project. We are up and running in no time. I love that it is using Docker, and that you can provide your own docker run scripts.

* Fast from 0 to up and running * Nice angular'ish interface that is quite responsive * Works on mobile enough to run your app * Integrates pretty well with GitHub * Many different types of projects supported (java, go, etc...) * Tech Support is great. I had 2 tickets answered w/in 24 hours. * Works well * Autocomplete is decent

* Sometimes you get into a weird state with old sessions * No code search that I found, but I think they are working on this feature * 10 minute timeout can be annoying but sometimes its nice. Setting? * I wish i could just sign up for the $1/month service w/o contacting sales

Antwort von Codenvy

Thank you for the thoughtful and detailed review. We can confirm that we are working on a number of improvements to the product (we release >3x per month). We are also going to be changing our purchasing model so that it's completely automated and doesn't require speaking to Sales - this should be coming in several weeks. Thanks for being a customer! Brad

Timothy
Timothy
Sr. Java Developer in
, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Great light weight option for cloud IDE, building, and live testing

Kommentare: Starting to play with it at work and am now using it for some of my small/medium projects. It's very easy to load code in and start going right away. I am using it to deploy java webapps to a tomcat container. Codenvy allows you to actually deploy a tomcat instance in a docker container for free. Setup takes about 10 minutes, and after that you're ready to go. The docker instance only lives for about 10 minutes. I've found this to be sufficient when testing features. The cloud IDE is really fast for what it is, but possibly isn't quite as snappy as a high-end development machine. I tried using it with a giant work project, and wasn't able to make it work.

Quick supports multiple languages supports quick on line testing easy to use

docker instance only live 10 minutes for free version Giant projects don't quite work.

Antwort von Codenvy

Thank you very much for your thorough review - we would love an opportunity to work with you on getting your work project running in Codenvy - please post some details on our Google Group: https://groups.google.com/a/codenvy.com/forum/#!forum/codenvy We will be moving to a new pricing model that will remove the 10 minute running timeout for free projects in April 2015. Thanks, Brad

Kaustubh
Kaustubh
Quelle: GetApp

Must know tool for every programmer

Kommentare: My first lookout for software was to find a environment for my students which I can refere to them for coding without the hassle of configuration. I came across codenvy for the reason and got hooked with features. There is rarely anything that you cannot code using Codenvy; only con for me is the Android Tablet App which has caused be give a star less.

Full fledge IDE in a browser! Debugging available Can develop android apps in browser Git included Already is compatible with docker to give custom stack or import present working stack as is Also has a on Premise Option Direct deployment to Google App Engine(Huge Pro for me)

Earlier it had a con which was preparing workspace literally took minutes but with new update I find it has overcomed it. Another con is I have been waiting from a long time for codenvy to roll out a android app compatible with tablets atleast. I might be wrong with this another con but I didnt find core Java coding libraries

Roman
Roman
Quelle: GetApp

Configure once, use everywhere.

Kommentare: Codenvy is a fantastic application, where you can create a skeleton and configure workspace for most common/modern projects using browser, and user it everywhere. I'm using it for my private projects and it's perfect solution if you are using multiple computers. All you need to do is to open a browser and that's it.

-) Possibility of leaving a running application with external access is a great feature. You can pass through the URL with your work to get some feedback from the team. -) Utilization of docker is really powerful - flexibility -) Really easy to set up

-) lack of possibility to configure custom short cuts. I heavily use eclipse and have my own keys combination that really speeds up my work. It would be a great feature in codenvy to see such an option. -) you really need to by some more RAM if you consider codenvy for multiple projects, for personal use it might be enough

Nanduni
Intern in Sri Lanka
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Brilliant Online IDE: Varied features, ease of coding, better user experience and Docker support.

Kommentare: I was very surprised to experience a browser based developer environment with Codenvy. This was perfectly the same idea that I had in my mind several months ago : a browser based developer environment. I was really wondering how my idea has already got into work. I found about this IDE when I was looking for some means to deploy a server in Cloud Foundry. I found it more interesting as it is a cloud based IDE that support rest services. The runner allows the web app to run directly from Codenvy. I am researcher on Docker and Kubernetes stuff. I love the feature of Codenvy to use Tomact servers, Apache servers using Dockerfiles. I used Cloud Foundry runner with Codenvy and it is very interesting. Using Codenvy is very with its plugin for Eclipse. But I love to work in Codenvy workspace. It gives me all the comfort that I expect from an IDE environment. Moreover, the dashboard is well organized, uncluttered and very elegant looking. I like the way how project starts giving details on preparing workspaces, setting up configurations and runners and so on.
Coding is easy with Codenvy. It has more comfort than a normal Eclipse or IntelliJ IDEA provides. Create new project window is well organized to select different options for projects. It also provides sample HELLO WORLD projects for various project options so that even a novice developer can start coding with Codenvy. The Dockerfile shown in the configs tab enables us to learn Docker as well. I love all these features. I suppose that Codenvy supports any browser and it can be used with different cloud environments. I used Codenvy to create Maven projects, servlets using Google App Engine Java, Go projects and many more. I feel very comfortable with Codenvy. Codenvy debug features are very useful, even to debug other's code. And its integration with git is very interesting. I can easily pull and push my code. I gain a perfect user experience from the well organized user interfaces, auto complete coding features, error suggestions features and so on. No wonder I can run my code from any machine from the place where I stopped coding. I feel that my code is portable. Codenvy, you are really wonderfu! I hope that it will enhance more features in the future for cloud developers. I prefer if it can use some more shortcut features like 'find and replace' etc. I love using Codenvy as it is a SaaS that provides perfect user experience and it meets all the developer expectations.

Mukeshkumar
Lead Consultant in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Very useful platform for collaborative coding with support for multiple programming languages.

Developers can work on the same code at the same time. Promotes Collaboration between team members. Anyone can access Codenvy from anywhere as it is completely cloud based IDE. This makes it easy to work on projects from multiple devices and locations. Codenvy supports multiple programming languages, including Java, JavaScript, Ruby, and Python, making it a versatile platform for developers. Also it has a very user friendly user Interface making it easy for developers to start coding rapidly. Codenvy integrates with popular tools like GitHub, Bitbucket, and Jira, allowing developers to easily manage their code and track issues.

Limited customization options compared to some other IDEs, which may be a drawback for developers who prefer to personalize their workspace. Some of its more advanced features require a paid subscription, which may be a barrier for some developers. It needs Internet connection , so some developers may face issues if they want to work offline.

Varun
Design Engineer Intern in USA
, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Highly compatible with the current technologies

Kommentare: It can be a great tool for implementing projects with different tech stack, large teams and large base code.

It provides remote work spaces on demand. It provides really stable infrastructure and compatible with the latest technologies in both web back end and front end, Java and Javascript's NodeJS. It help me take my coding work spaces to anywhere on the globe and still be able to work

Due to the utility of the IDE it can feel a bit cluttered on a small screen. Sometimes it can load slowly, it needs more tutorials and guides to use it. It can be hard to start with, configuration settings and features can be messed up sometimes.

Nilesh
Graduate RA in USA
, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

One of the best online developer environment

The fact that I am able to create my own programming language platforms and utilize them is great. especially for being a recent college graduate who taking the time to learn and test out different programming languages. It helps that you are able to use this without actually having to download software onto your PC.

I couldn't find online quick start guide and I had to figure it out how to setup and run the project. It lags sometimes.

Ryan
UK
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Codenvy has helped me teach my younger autistic brother to code!

Kommentare: I've been coding for years now, i learnt the hard way (through books, practice and collaboration with friends) I program almost all days and seriously enjoy it. My younger brother who happens to be autistic asked me to teach him coding as they briefly covered it in school and he was interested in it. So we set him up an account which we both could access and we shared an project. What i love about codenvy is the cloud element. Me and my brother could both work on a project together, and it made it easier for both me and him for me to track his progress. Without such a fully featured cloud IDE it would have been difficult for me to teach him, as he does not have a good enough computer to run programs such as visual studio or eclipse. And because of codenvys hard work he can now write some lines of PHP without any input from me. We did come across some problems. The main one being connection problems, i was able to run fine with fiber optic line but my brother would seem to disconnect randomly due to his slightly slower internet. Another problem we came across (only once) all our projects deleted, we only had about 7 but one day i logged on to track his progress and they were all gone. We have no idea what happened. To conclude, i honestly feel this is the future, cloud based IDE's where anyone can collaborate and share ideas/work. It's layout (GUI) is simple, easy to grasp. And i would recommend anyone to take a look at codenvy. Especially if you travel a lot.

Chase
Software Engineer in USA

Legit Product - Impressed

Kommentare: pros:
- you can upload your own folders/files which is a big advantage over plunkr and jsfiddle and is the sole reason I discovered it
- it loads the html in a different browser tab which makes it easy to find and debug the javascript source files via the browser dev tools
- it is simply legit, I want to develop an app half as sophisticated as it. It feels like a native software application but it is really a website
- awesome ui
- it is fast once it gets up and running, doesn't slow down your whole computer like visual studio or other resource-intensive IDEs
- it saves all your projects automatically in the cloud accessible from anywhere
- git integration is a plus
- spins up virtual machine of your choosing on the fly, sweet stuff!!
cons:
- sometimes it takes a minute to spin up the virtual machine and start running it
- it needs just a simple js mode, a couple times i ran into build/run issues because i was trying to just mock up something simple real quick and it wouldn't run because i didn't have a package.json file. it could just be user error by not selecting the correct environment; but if that is the case, maybe it could recommend running in that environment when that build error occurs in the future
- unable to find detailed price overview page before purchasing
- doesn't support c# :/
overall great product, I'm happy to pay for codenvy's services and ever since my first usage--i am a big fan!!

Adarsh
SE in USA
, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Amazing tool

I have been using codenvy for my last project and it really rocks. It helps you to work everywhere you are making easy to develop your app. It's easy to use and I have founded nice examples that make it even easier to understand how it works. Recently they have made some many changes that makes it even better.

Due to the utility of the IDE it can feel a bit cluttered on a small screen. I recommend using a larger monitor or a second screen if you plan on using a laptop.

Dustin
USA
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Tried it, liked it (in a limited scope)

Kommentare: Pros:
-Pretty dynamic ability to setup a project and instantly share a common environment within a team
-UI is slick looking and runs smoothly in Chrome without having to jump through a bunch of hoops
-The overall concept of a browser IDE backed by cloud environment is great and steps up devops to the next level
Cons:
-Hotkeys and general code navigability lacks when compared to Eclipse or IDEA
-Projects that aren't built with the platform have some hiccups in getting started
My specific scenario was trying to setup an environment where I could collaborate on the Hadoop open source project across all of my devices more easily. I setup a quick project from scratch to see how it would go and it was pretty nice. I could link up with github and setup a build environment in about 30 minutes without much trouble. When I moved onto trying to integrate with the Hadoop project, I ran into issues getting JUnit tests to run individually and the aforementioned problem of bouncing around class definitions through hotkeys I'm used to in Eclipse or IDEA just wasn't there (at least not obviously there). Overall, I think the product has promise, but it's still not ready for primetime as my main IDE of choice.

Dakai

A little attempt on Codenvy

Kommentare: A useful tool. Can run different projects without installing working environment. It is essential when you come across a brilliant idea but with no compiler around. You may just use any PC avalible, log in your account and see if your idea works. It is also very convenient when learning a language and try to do a experiment on some points.

Convenient. Very convenient. You won't be afraid of missing a brilliant idea. It is also provide varied environment for different languages.

It is not very user-friendly for Chinese users. The internet connection is so slow that we have to wait too long to get a respond. Suggest that it can add a server in China, or nearby, for a unblocked interactive. It also made me confused when specifying extensions, ie, .cc for C files. It can't run successfully without a correct extension. Maybe the extension can be specified automatically when creating a project or a source code file.

Hafiz
Manager in Schweiz
Lagerung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Codenvy in 2022

Kommentare: Codenvy is a constructive utility to perform diverse assignments as it permits creating more community to facilitate coding, making business efficiency grow significantly.

Codenvy is one of the best cloud-integrated development environments (IDE) platforms that provide mammoth incorporation with Docker containers and deployment options. It is perfect for web developers for teamwork and code sharing.

Codenvy User interface could do with an uplift. It's easy to use, but looks-wise, definitely something eye-catchy upgrade needs to happen very soon.

Surendra

Codenvy a container of VM's

Kommentare: Codenvy provides a container-based development environment whose goal is to remove the need for developers to configure or maintain local or VM-based developer environments for their projects. Primary elements of the developer environment include: An IDE (integrated development environment)
Source-code manager integration
Build environments (for a compiled language)
Debugging tools
Docker-based, user-controlled containers for running projects.

pros: 1.On-demand, instant-access, real-time collaborative IDEs 2.Easy setup 3.Powerful editor 4.Git support 5.Can provide a custom runtime environment

cons: 1.No PHP syntax highlighting 2.No SSH, FTP mode 3.Lacks Mercurial & SVN support 4.No custom keyboard shortcuts 5.No IE support

Amelia
Web Developer in USA
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Useful web app for developing in the cloud!

Kommentare: As a chrome book user, I searched far and wide for a cloud based IDE to use in my dev projects. Codenvy works well and it's affordable. Their free plan is perfect for students or hobby coders like me. PROS:
I love that I can connect up my Git account. It makes for a fast set up with all my files ready and available.
This might seem silly, but the loading animations and general UI design is really awesome! Love the design.
The actual IDE is really well organized and provides all the tools you need for whichever type of project that your working on.
Speaking of types of projects-Codeenvy supports everything from Ruby on Rails to C++.
CONS:
With both the site and the IDE, there isn't really a how-to or sandbox learning mode - or at least it isn't obvious if there is.
Sometimes the graphics get a little glitchy - the logo was missing from the site this afternoon showing a file-not-found default..... yikes that's embarrassing.

Alex
Quelle: GetApp

A new hobbyist finds learning curve of dockerfile too steep

Kommentare: I'm a fairly new hobbyist who knows the basics of many languages but hasn't invested time to get beyond beginner yet. I've recently tested many cloud ide's to find a solution that. . .
Runs django python
Deploys to a autoscaling cloud server that is free for low usage
Is free itself
This app was the most robust powerful app I tried. However the Dockerfile language would of taken considerable effort for a beginner to get working. It fit my bill but a competitor did too and while not being as robust was easier to setup. Cloud nine is what I decided to use in the end.

Robust Powerful Adaptable

Complicated for a beginner to get simple app working

Antwort von Codenvy

We're sorry to hear that you found the Dockerfile too complex. We're going to be making changes in an upcoming version that will limit the number of times developers will need to change the Dockerfile (we can't do very much to make Dockerfiles themselves simpler).

Logan
Student in USA
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Couldn't have asked for a better development environment

Kommentare: I needed to develop a web application with a group of students for a class. Our professor recommended using Codenvy to develop it, which turned out to be a great suggestion. Codenvy was very easy to use, with a clear user interface that was easy to understand, coming from someone who didn't have any previous experience in web app development. There were some issues with the group chat, as we would occasionally be unable to chat with certain members. This hardly hindered us, however, as we often used HipChat or GroupMe for communication purposes. The bug tracking was difficult to understand at first, but as the semester progressed, it became easier and easier to work with. tl;dr: Coming from a student with no previous web app development experience, Codenvy was easy to learn and easier to use, helping us develop an app that gave us a great grade. :)

Fred
Independent Consultant in USA

Almost Amazing

Kommentare: In general I love the idea of a cloud based IDE & CodeEnvy is certainly one of the best that I have found. I especially love the ease of setup, integration with git, & ease of creating docker images / 1 click deployments to various PaaS. I can really see how the leveraging CodeEnvy gets me back to development & away from all the infrastructure tasks as it just automates away setup & provisioning. All of the above being said, I disliked the IDE. Things like setting debugging breakpoints, searching through a project, & automated syntax checking in Python were just not there. I found it great for some quick changes, but if wanted to work on a larger project I'd want those features. Interestingly, I find myself compelled to code on my PC & then leverage CodeEnvy for all the deployment / packaging related events