Über TouchBistro

TouchBistro ist eine iPad-POS- und integrierte Zahlungslösung von Gastronom*innen für Gastronom*innen.

Erfahre mehr über TouchBistro

Very easy to use and to figure out most of the basic issues.

The set-up was a little bit of a struggle with nested modifiers.

Bewertungen zu TouchBistro

3,5
3,8
3,5

TouchBistro hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 3,9 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 392 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du TouchBistro bereits verwendet?

paul
paul
USA
Quelle: GetApp

For iPad soulution for busy restaurants, this is your answer!

Kommentare: I have a higher volume seafood restaurant in Key West Fl called The Stoned Crab. We wanted a system where wait staff could service multiple tables while taking orders with out having to go to a main terminal. After trying another system and seeing others that relied upon cloud support and internet we were left with a crashed system and back to basics. A good resturantuer recommended Touch Bistro, I can tell you things are now amazing, the systems works incredible off its own network(yes you loose internet and never skip a beat) it's fast, reliable and the customer support and tech can't be beat. I really lost faith in entering the market with iPads after a big faluire, but Touch Bistro made me a believer and goes out of there way to find new ways to give us data and programs that we want. To sum it up, if you want to increase service, business, effiency and have happy staff.....You just found the right system, take it from me who found then latter than sooner, you won't regret.
Paul Menta

Customer support, fast system, no internet needed to run, menu photos and special items to show to customers at table, data to watch your bottom line and a ton more.

No chip card swipe yet, I would say more program features, but when I asked for more they made more. I am having trouble with this part as the programming can be a bit tech, but they help you and then your good.

BRENT
Operations Manager in Kanada
Essen & Trinken, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Slick, powerful & user-friendly in a small package

Kommentare: This is our day-to-day workhorse software to run our retail store and bottle shop at our brewery. Could not live without it. Internet outages make everyone panic now!

The software is incredibly intuitive and has an extremely high level of functionality within its simple user interface.

The one issue we have is the inflexible partnership TouchBistro has with Apple. Thousands of dollars of hardware must be purchased to run TouchBistro, and there is almost no flexibility in what you are allowed to by to run it.

Edward Joseph
Restaurants, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Horrible customer service

2,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Went live over 2 months ago and from day 1 experiencing critical issues. Menu items, groups, modifiers and printers disappear and change. System often crashes. Still not resolution or hope in sight. They are in breach of service agreement and will switch to Toast for all 3 businesses totally 5m + in cc sales. They don’t seem to care.

Ease of use. Cloud based. Apple products

No dedicated person overseeing account. No follow through from support. Support lacks knowledge and reads from troubleshooting script.

vor 3 Tagen

Hi Edward, thank you for sharing this feedback. We’d very much appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience further. If you’re open to it, please reach out to reviews@touchbistro.com with your account name and we’ll be in touch from there. We look forward to hearing from you.

Emily
Director of Operations in USA
Gastgewerbe, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

TouchBistro for Resorts

Kommentare: Overall - we've found TouchBistro to be the most robust, yet easy to use program on the market. While other POS might be simpler, TB fulfills more functions than most, while still be easy to navigate.

We love TouchBistro to manage room charges and the mass amount of listed items that we sell from our fine dining restaurant to our gift shop.

One of the biggest challenges we've found with TouchBistro is the technology issues whenever updates are needed. It's often something that can't be fixed in house and that's down time we can't afford to lose.

vor 6 Monaten

Hi Emily, thank you for the kind words! We're glad to see that TouchBistro has had a positive impact at your venue. -Carly

Christi
General Manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Overall great experience!

Kommentare: Very happy with everything except the card readers.

My employees transitioned over to TouchBistro really well. It's really easy to use.

We have "portable" card readers. They're not very "portable". Very glitchy.

vor 6 Monaten

Hi Christi, thank you for the kind words! I'm so glad to hear that TouchBistro has had a positive impact on your venue and staff. -Carly

Ashley
Restaurants, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Fair value for the price

Kommentare: It has been fair. Sometimes their customer service department is hard to get a hold of. We have found that calling in the morning hours (MST) have proven to be best odds so far.

The ease of my staff being able to use it on a daily basis to change or revise orders is much simplier than what we had prior.

The set-up was a little bit of a struggle with nested modifiers. And, we are getting ready to utilize the online ordering feature and found out that nested modifiers do not pull into the online ordering platform, which is difficult and we are going to have to find a work around.

Antwort von TouchBistro

Hi Ashley, thank you very much for your feedback! It's wonderful to hear that you and your staff have found TouchBistro to be easy to use. I will pass your note regarding your Online Ordering trouble on to our product team. - The TouchBistro Team

Anu

Fair review

Kommentare: This is the first POS system that we had where we have nothing but problems. They do not listen to customer feedback, and I would not want to recommend this POS system to anyone. I was contracted with them for one year and when I called to cancel, they told me that the canceled is automatically renewed and I have to pay additional charges for cancellation. I agreed to pay the amount because I do not want to deal with them in the future.

I wish there is something I would’ve liked

Nothing. Lack of support and inconvenience

vor 3 Monaten

Hi Anu, we’d love the opportunity to discuss your feedback further to help us better understand where we have room to improve. If you’re open to it, please reach out to success@touchbistro.com with your account name and we’ll be in touch from there. We look forward to hearing from you.

Jacqueline

Review

Kommentare: Worst customer service EVER! Will not recommend solely for that

Ease of use and functionality of the system is great

Process to split checks after order is difficult

Jason
General Manager in USA
Gastgewerbe, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great POS, terrible reporting and customer support

Kommentare: Some areas are done well, but some not only are lacking, there seems to be no attempt to improve or resolve.

Touchscreen kitchen ticket management, server order input.

Reports are horrible and missing information. Customer support is time consuming, does not follow up, and frequently does not resolve in any way. Does not integrate with OpenTable.

vor 7 Monaten

Hi Jason, thank you for sharing this feedback. Our team would like to help you further to make the most out of our reporting functionality. Please reach out at chartshorn@touchbistro.com with your account name!

President in Kanada
Essen & Trinken, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Touch maybe the wrong term in the name

Kommentare: Not great. We are considering changing.

Touchbistro is capable for sure as it has all the features, but is a bit awkward to use. We have to integrate several apps to get what we need and of course each one cost more money.

Support is not great. There are way way too many touches involved in a purchase or we have it set up all wrong! We suggested that to support, but no action. The different menu pages, items, etc are not intuitively set up. It honestly does not make sense in so many ways.

vor 9 Monaten

Hi John, thank you for you review. We appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback as we value your opinion. We have reached out to our team to contact you to work through some of the issues you are experiencing. Thank you! - ST at TouchBistro

Bipul
Manager in USA

Very unpleasant experience

Kommentare: I first started using it at a restaurant during 2019. I was so impressed by this product that I started using it at my current restaurant too. Few problems here and there but this time it has been 7 days and they haven't been able to fix my issue.

Using iPad to take orders is the only good thing, very fast compared to other POS providers.

Where do I begin. Customer service was the best until 2019. Now it is similar to Toasts. It is day 7 of us not being able to print tickets in the kitchen, every time/ every day I call them they have this answer ready. "Our Product Development team is working on your case, we will get back to you as soon as we hear back from them"

Antwort von TouchBistro

Hello Bipul, First off, thanks for sharing your feedback. I'm really sorry that TouchBistro's customer service didn't meet your expectations. Clearly, we fell short, and I apologize. The last thing we want to do is let our customers down, and moving forward, we're going to do everything in our power to hold ourselves to that standard. Please send an email to stumbach@touchbistro.com with your contact information and account name your venue is under so we can look into this for you.

leah

REPLACEMENT EQUIPEMENT NIGHTMARE

Kommentare: Faulty printer! the only printer they support has third party ink, the ink strips the part inside the printer... solution? buy another $500 printer so I can spend money to get the other one fixed and will be a reoccurring break every nine months! SHOULD BE CALLED 24/7 SUPPORT TO HELP YOU FIND YOUR OWN ANSWER. Every time I call in I am either dropped, have to wait 4 hrs for a call back or lied to. One rep even told me my email had been updated... fast forward to an update and I wasn't notified again. Called in and next rep says oh we can't even update that kind of info through call centre!

It is a detailed app that provides us with time saving benefits

Buggy system. orders disappear or don't send to kitchen, even though says sent.

Andrew
Restaurant Consultant in USA

Abysmal: Dishonest Sales | Inattentive Onboarding | Apathetic Support

Kommentare: Save yourself from a prolonged disruptive experience: AVOID this POS. I'm an impartial restaurant consultant who has witnessed first-hand three separate clients' destructive experiences with this POS, the incredible variety of how they've failed them, and based on my past experiences advocating on their behalf, and current ongoing issues with contract disputesI've advocated on behalf of 3 clients through SO MANY issues. My overall aggregate impression is:1) They don't/won't stand by their product. Every issue is assumed to be the self-inflicted wound of the operator (some were. MOST were not)2) They either don't understand, or don't care about the needs of the small restaurant owner/operator3) They do not practice customer SERVICE. It's troubleshooting support (at best) and their strategy seems to be wearing down their customers with an expected experience that's so exhaustive, they stop reaching out.4) Their culture/leadership is broken. No one takes responsibility and promises of escalation are rarely followed through on. I've experienced this apathy firsthand from the call center all the way up to the C-suite level.They have some truly sincere and empathetic people in their employ, unfortunately, they are not given the authority or voice to help their customers work through their issues.

The promise of what it "could potentially do"

Frequent Outages & Forced Updates: Even on Friday nights and busy holidays such as Cinco de MayoCustomer Service & Support: Rarely helpful and requires customers to provide lengthy email summaries of past service calls (that they SHOULD have a record of in their CRM)Weird "hallucinations" appearing on customer facing online ordering platform: Root Beer appearing as a bread option/'As Weapon' & 'Ass Bacon' appearing as modifiersThere's not enough room in this field's character limit to continue

vor 7 Monaten

Hi Andrew, thank you for sharing your feedback and rest assured your feedback will be escalated to our team internally. We are here to help you through any issues you're experiencing with TouchBistro- feel free to reach out to our support team at 1-888-342-0131

Thomas
Restaurants, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Flaws and bugs in system

Kommentare: Not good!

The first year went well! I actually liked it. Then according to their own tech support.. the company took on way too many customers than programmers or tech support could keep up with creating a domino effect of pure frustration and no support.

Many issues. Tech support is hit or miss sometimes can take up to an hour get someone. Often they can not fix problem. They "escalate it" which means you will never hear back from them. Remote report app for phone rarely works and full of problems. If its a hardware issue no phone tech support. Have to email and wait for email which takes days. Would not recomend.

Antwort von TouchBistro

Hi Thomas, thank you for your review! I have passed this on to our support management team. We are aware our Support wait times have recently been longer than normal, and adding headcount to the Support team is our top priority. Please continue to reach out to Support when needed either via phone or live chat for the fastest response and if the queue wait time is too long our callback functionality is available as well! Thanks, Carly at TouchBistro

Robert
Restaurants, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Do not even consider if you have more than one location.

Kommentare: This has been the single most frustrating, stressful and painful process in 40 years in the restaurant business. Customer support is absolutely terrible after you pay them. I have 300 emails with them about issues, and just today the same problem occurred today. More bugs than a picnic on a trashpile.

The system seems like it should be great. The loyalty options seem great. They problem is they lie about features and the onboarding support is basically zero. To quote the onboarding rep, "As soon as you process your first transaction, my job is done". It doesn't matter that over 80% of the features aren't working and we don't have any online menu working, once one transaction is processed, you are on your own.

At this point, I have personally spent over 200 hours of my time to get this system running and I have 50% of the system running at one store and 25% at another. The system has zero support for multi-units and everything has to be repeated numerous times to make any changes. For example, for two stores, every change has to be done 4 times: 1 for instore, 1 for online and then the exact same changes again for any other location, every with the exact same menu. This is a terrible system for multi-units.

vor 10 Monaten

Hi Robert, we are very sorry to hear about your experience with our onboarding support. We can understand how this would be very frustrating for you and your business. Please send us an email to success@touchbistro with your full name, contact information and venue name for us to look into this further as we would like the opportunity make this right! Thank you - ST at TouchBistro

Greger
Restaurants, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Stay away

Kommentare: I was promised a lot that the system can not deliver. I wanted to see live sales remotly, can not be done. It would be an easy setup, been noting but. The only thing I can say as a positive thing is that support answer very quickly but most of the time they can not help since its a issue with a third party.

I can use a manager card (qr code) instead of a manager code to override manager funcions. You can choose what credit card merchant you want to use.

You can do very little from home. You will get glued to the restaurant. It only has one "admin" code so two people can not work on programming, setting up or doing anything at the same time. You can in a very limited way change menu items online. Any payroll issues, major menu changes, adding staff etc, you have to be in the restaurant, on the Ipad, on the same wifi as the "brain". Forget owning more than one restaurant or go on vacation, nothing can be done remotely. Even the reports is bad and you have to be at the restaurant to pull anything. I easy spent 20 hour online, on the phone just to set up such a basic thing as gift cards and that's an additional cost. I can still to to this day not log in to my merchant account to match deposits with my account. Nothing is user-friendly so to try to train any staff that is not a computer engineer is impossible, so again, you have to drive to the store any hours of the day to solve an issue.

vor 10 Monaten

Hi Greger, we appreciate your feedback and want to take this time to apologize for the issues you've been experiencing. We can understand that these issues would be very frustrating as a restaurant owner. We have shared your sentiment with our senior support team and a member will be reaching out. Thank you - ST at TouchBistro

Allison
Manager in USA
Essen & Trinken, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Do not invest in TouchBistro!!!

There really isn't much at all to like about the software. It's very basic. When it actually worka.

The app crashes a lot. It's wifi based so if your wifi goes down your credit cards readers won't work. If you close down your apps during an internet outage, you are screwed. Many, many glitches and system outages over the years. Customer service is slow and they don't have a system service statues website so when you call with an issue, you'll have to wait a long timeto talk to someone. Then by the time they call you back the issue will have resolved itself. The back end is not easy to navigate. There is no search bar for items on the cloud. There is no way to mark modifiers out of stock. No partial refunds on online orders. No good support for menu builds and start up. You are basically on your own to figure it out. They also sold me on a loyalty and gift card program and lied that it would soon integrate with online orders. It turns out they were weeks away from rolling out their own branded program. But it was too late for me. Just so very many many problems over the years that I am finally fed up and switching to Toast. So far an amazing experience with them that makes me realize how horrible TouchBistro actually is.

Jill

TouchBistro for Bar Industry

Kommentare: Again, TouchBistro has a legit inventory tracking system, you just have to set aside a few hours a day for a few weeks to make it worth it. Also, I have enjoyed simple things like the images I can add to each menu item. It seems silly but in the bar industry we know there are hundreds of tequilas, so when I have a new bartender and a customer orders Don Julio 1942-when my bartender goes to the menu, they can see exactly what the bottle looks like and know what to look for!

I love the inventory tracking that is available with this POS system. That being said, it does take ALOT of ingredient entry and programming on your end but it is worth it! I also think their customer service is great! We have a direct email contact and Monday through Friday you can logon to their website and chat with an associate.

I am used to a lot of other POS systems so this just took getting used to. I definitely referenced their "How to step by step" references for a few items. I had to figure out some work arounds in order to account for all inventory. For example, in past systems I've used, if I rang up a shot of Jim Beam bourbon, there was a modifier button for 'Double Shot' and it would automatically deduct $2.00 off the second shot and account for the inventory. In TouchBistro my option was a discount code with a custom modifier that I type in, but it wouldn't account for the inventory, so I had to add a separate menu for 'Double Shots' which wasn't the worst thing but again, a lot of time.

Antwort von TouchBistro

Hi Jill, thank you so much for your feedback! We put a lot of work into our inventory solution so it's wonderful to hear it's brought value to your business. I will be passing your feedback on to our product team as we are always looking to improve.

Alan
Spanien
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Room for improvement

Kommentare: First off: TouchBistro seems to be the best option out there for a full-service restaurant POS. We looked at everything we could find (that's available in Europe) and trialed the three leaders, and TouchBistro came out on top. We moved from an outdated local POS and have generally been happy. It works as expected, it hasn't had any catastrophic failures, and represents OK value for money. That said, there are some problems, both with the software and with the sales/support: - Frequent crashes when printing tickets (more than once per day). You have to restart TouchBistro, find your now-closed table, and reprint the ticket.
- No way to print invoices. This is required in most European countries and TouchBistro offers no way to do this. It causes us a big delay to have to generate one in Word and print it out for the customer. If they are going to sell in Europe they need to have this core function that other, more basic, systems offer.
- No way to print and charge part of a table. Missing is the ability to select various items, regardless of which seat they are at, and let me print a ticket and charge for those items. We literally lose 30 minutes a day moving items between seats for large groups when they want to pay.
- No menu support for multiple locations. Even though they have a page on their web site dedicated to franchises and multiple locations, the capabilities aren't there. Menus have to be painstakingly typed in by hand on the iPad (no cloud/web support) and while you can eventually move a menu from one location to another, it is a convoluted procedure involving a call to tech support. This was one of the selling points that attracted us to TB and they haven't delivered.
- No reporting support for multiple locations. You have to log in, view one report, then log out and log back in with a different username to see the other report.
- The localization (Spanish at least) is horrible. It's like Peggy Hill did it. They seem to have just run all the strings through Google translate and much of it is nonsensical.
- Impossible to update menu during service. If something runs out or a beer tap changes, you have to wait for everyone to log out.
We are going to stick with TB for now, but there is room for improvement.

Easy to use and train.

There's a huge list in my review.

Essen & Trinken, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

I Doubt There's Better

TouchBistro has been an amazing tool for our cafe. I love the ease of use, how easily we are able to get an overview of the cafe at any one time, along with performance, financial reporting, and all the rest. We keep discovering new features that allow us to be more and more accurate and efficient behind the counter. Support is also always really helpful and available whenever we need them!

Some of the features seem weirdly incomplete, like reporting having some types of reports available and not others. Also, we have had to source a secondary POS system to use for our retail inventory, as despite having the capability for things like barcode scanning, there is no way to quickly or easily update our inventory--with a stocklist of over 2000 items, having to create each item individually and update them manually is too much of a headache to bother with.

Darren

Over all Good just Bad Support

Kommentare: Over all my experince has been good, I am just very frustrated with support. The tech support is on call all the time, it is the support from other depatments like billing etc. I have have on several occasions left messages for someone to call and have had no response at all, not even a call back or a support ticket to say they have heard my message. I waited up to one week before I called again. I live on the West Coast and support areas are east Coast so at time if I need someone they are gone for the day around 2 pm my time, and no one to help us in the west later in the day as needed. Voice mails don't say when person is available or best times to call or to call between certain times. No mention that other then Tech support the rest are off over weekends, if your catering to restaurant you need more support over weekends, would be nice to only be Mon-Fri as a restaurant owner, but never going to happen. it is all very frustrating and very much a huge hassle to get anyone when needed beyond tech support. I have been very unhappy in this area with Touch Bistro.

Easy to use set up and teach staff to use

I may not know about it, but would be great to have a text feature for guests to order from our pool side that can alert server to an order

Alexandra
Owner in Kanada

We love Touch Bistro and happily recommend it.

It connects with our accounting software so that our daily sales are uploaded automatically. The app is easy to use and our new staff can be trained quickly and efficiently. The billing features are really great and allow our servers to manage tables the way the customer wants, not the way the POS wants.

Adding menu items is time consuming and a general pain. We would love to have a web based site that allows easier uploading . The reporting features are a bit clunky - for example we cannot check on single item sales totals. Instead we have to download a entire report with ALL items.

Antwort von TouchBistro

Hey, Alexandra! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you love TouchBistro and recommend it to your friends and colleagues. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Anthony
Restaurants, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

It is an easy application to set up and fairly easy to train others on it.

Kommentare: I is more efficient than a regular cash register and allows us to track our sales and tax instead of trying to calculate it after.

That it uses an existing IPad and can be stationary or mobile. Also it is great for tracking sales so that we can keep track of trending up and down of our menu items> It also helps use with ordering and inventory

That it doesnt include a rounding function for places that have phased out the penny. Sometimes the modifiers are a pain and could be better to add if you could choose all the menu items that could use the same modifier,

Antwort von TouchBistro

Hey, Anthony! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro easy to setup and easy to train your staff on. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Dave
Owner in Kanada

Easy to use, best POS I've ever used. The support is amazing. Although you rarely need it.

When I started my business, the company that ran the POS system I inherited gave me trouble 24 hours before I opened. In stepped TouchBistro. They went above and beyond to have me up and running in time for my opening. I have never seen support they offered from another company. Their customer service was second to none. On top of that, the system is so easy to use. I set up my menu from scratch, in a rush, the night before opening. Training staff on it is a breeze as well.

There isn't much to complain about. It would be nice to be able to adjust the menu remotely but they're constantly upgrading the features available via cloud, so I'm sure that's on the horizon as well.

Antwort von TouchBistro

Hi Dave, Thank you for the super awesome review! I'm going to forward it to our install and training team. They work so hard and definitely will appreciate the love. Thanks again! Mell

Jennifer
Co-Owner in Kanada
Unterhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

So user friendly

Kommentare: I’ve already recommended it to others to use.

It’s so easy to use. And the supper team is constantly ready to help. We use it for our restaurant and coulld imagine it without it.

There are sometimes too many features when all you need is the basics, all of the options can be overwhelming.

Antwort von TouchBistro

Hi Jennifer, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your positive experience with TouchBistro. We are glad to hear that you find it easy to use, and that our support team is always available to assist you with any questions you may have. We’d be happy to continue to support you in the best way possible, and part of that is helping you use your POS to be best of it’s ability so that it is easier to understand, so please let us know which options we can help you learn more about!