Über SongShow Plus

Worship management solution that helps churches create custom slideshows, broadcast live videos, schedule requests and manage content.

Erfahre mehr über SongShow Plus

Produktbewertung

Produktbewertung

Nutzung

Haben Sie SongShow Plus bereits verwendet?

Teile deine Erfahrungen mit anderen Softwarekäufern.

Bill B.
volunteer in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Kitchen sink presentation softwarer

Kommentare: Have used it since the mid-2000s every week. It gets the job done. We rely on it to produce a service where technical glitches do not distract from worship. Apart from the video issues which we are still troubleshooting, it's a workhorse.

If I need it in our church service, Songshow can do it. It may not always be obvious or handy, but the capability is there. Song lyrics, picture and video backgrounds, Bible quotations, video projection, Powerpoint, multi-screen handling, we use it all. We create programs for upcoming services and use them at practice, making mods as we go. Updating lyrics, reordering songs and announcements, importing slideshows and videos are all fairly straightforward. The software is reliable, the only problems we have had during a service were network or media related, not SSP itself.

The display is almost infinitely customizable, but finding the setting you want can be difficult. We have had problems with stuttering and freeze-ups when projecting video, but we're not sure if it's the program or the network. Normally the database is on a file server connected by Gigabit ethernet. Video projection improved when we moved the database to a local drive, but then we can't share it among presentation workstations.

Matthew L.
Tech Director in USA

An Industry Pioneer

Kommentare: I used SSP weekly to both plan and execute up to 4 church worship gatherings. It was used to display song lyrics, informational slides, presentation notes/points and audio/video elements to a gathering of up to 200 people.

I purchased SSP for my organization when it first came out and I have to say it was cutting edge for its time. I love that it is built from the ground up for churches and worship environments. It made managing service planning and database information much easier.

Although it was cutting edge initially, I feel that the software has not kept pace with industry shifts over the years. Specifically as standard resolutions, frame rates, and aspect ratios have changed.

Matt H.
Matt H.
Lead Software Engineer in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Terrible product for churches

Kommentare: When we started using SongShow Plus around 20 years ago, it was a decent system--about as good as others out there, though probably not quite as good as ProPresenter. However, the company seems to have no vision as to what church presentation software should be, so they just keep making small, almost worthless updates a few times a year. There have been no major releases in recent history. The entire product needs an overhaul, but it seems unlikely that such a thing will happen any time soon. The past ten years or so have been frustrating in terms of using this for our services, and thankfully we finally replaced it with Faithlife Proclaim, which has been a MUCH more pleasant experience.

The song database organization was designed decently, in that you could have multiple collections of songs within a database, and could easily create copies, duplicates, etc when needed. You could also customize aspects of a song within a particular service without impacting other places it might be used. Songs were also built using Verse/Chorus/Bridge/etc parts vs. just throwing words on a slide, which made it easy to pick any part of the song you wanted for quick display.

There are many reasons not to choose SongShow Plus. First, it is buggy. We've had it crash numerous times in the middle of or just before a service. Once a service was running, we tried not to make any changes to the database, as that could cause the entire application to hang without warning. Sometimes it would recover, other times it wouldn't, thus leaving you stuck. Overall, things operated very slowly. Second, the provides an extremely poor UX. SSP has evolved over time to incorporate various features, but the UI has been the same for 20 years. It's hard to find what you're looking for, UI elements look old and pixelated, and screen real-estate is used poorly. Finally, r-technics (the company that makes SSP) seems to be making minimal updates to the software at this point, while still charging hundreds of dollars per year to keep it up to date. You don't have to pay the support fee if you want to stay on the current version, but then you don't even get bug fixes. There are much cheaper options out there that provide better value.

Mark M.
Community Placement Coordinator/Pastor in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Songshow Plus for Churches

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I have utilized Song Show Plus in two churches with great success. I must also state that their customer service and tech support is excellent and always instantly responded to our questions or application issues.

This software is very user friendly and anyone who is used to the look and setup of Windows will be comfortable in setting it up and using it. I also appreciated the feature of having the online bibles built in to the software as well as all of the worship songs & being able to import them (especially the latest ones) from CCLI into the Sunday service program.

It can be a bit overwhelming at first knowing what all options are available and how the features actually work.

Software Engineer in USA
Internet, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Works Well Running on Windows

Kommentare: I recommend for Windows users if your budget allows. If on a Mac, try the trials of native Mac software.

This is a great way to stay organized and quickly change slides to the correct verse when you make a mistake. Powerpoint integration is also nice. Being able to backup is important. I also like being able to setup a sequence of the different verses, bridges, choruses, etc. so you can practice with the band and figure out the correct order. There are plenty of background options though black with white letters is always the most readable. Sometimes I would add snowflakes.

I wish it ran native on a Mac. Our church has to run VMWare Fusion in order to use this software. Also exporting to additional formats would be nice for if you ever switch applications (have not tried the latest version of this software, so exporting may be improved).

Mike L.
Pastor of Worship and Creative Arts in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Former User

Kommentare: We experienced some significant issues with customer support with resolving technical problems.

Had basic functionality of most presentation software. Easy to use.

Was not able to provide advanced features needed for our application.

Randy P.
Associate Minster of Worship in USA

Be prepared for frustration

2 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Overall, its not a bad experience when you have a stable build of the software, otherwise, it really is a huge headache;

This software has an abundance of features and capability, and file structure is pretty sound. Also, the customer support, technical support, staff are great. Unfortunately, they can only do so much - they don't develop the software.

I have been using this software for 15+ years. The biggest problem with the software is its instability. New releases or updates are made and but they are unstable. About 5 years ago, I found a very stable update and stopped subscribing. Last week, because of a couple new features, I renewed my subscription. The features I subscribed for are buggy, and the the software frequently freezes up when making changes to display properties. I had told myself I was done upgrading, but talked myself into it. Big mistake. T

Paul F.
Church Planter in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, Selbstständig

SongShow Plus

Kommentare: I loved using SongShow Plus for our church services. It was convenient and a useful resource to make the service flow seamlessly.

I liked that this product had so many features to create a service. It also became easy to use after some practice.

The one downside of this product is that there is so much it can be overwhelming when first using it. However, after a little practice, it is easy to see just how much can be done with this product.

Rex A.
Lead Pastor in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

A little clunky but got the job done

Kommentare: I used this software at two different churches, and it was a much better option at the time than PowerPoint. It ran on Windows computers, so the interface mimicked Windows. It was a little clunky to use but it was reliable and got the job done. There are better options out there now, but at the time this was the best option.

We were able to get the lyrics on the screen without having to use PowerPoint.

It was a little clunky to use, but got the job done.

Paul G.
videographer in USA
Medienproduktion, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

A solid choice.

Kommentare: It allows us to show slides on a screen and it is specifically designed for a worship setting.

This software does everything you need it to. It gets slides on the screen and has pretty good song management.

Compared to its main competitor, it is slow, clunky, and under featured. While this may accomplish everything you need it to, consider looking elsewhere.

Tim M.
Pastor in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, Selbstständig

Great product

Kommentare: able to project graphics and information on a screen during services.

Our church has been using Song Show for several years to project song lyrics, announcements, sermon notes, etc. during the services. Those who use it really like it, and we haven't really had any complaints.

It could be a bit more user friendly. There is a bit of a learning curve but once you get the hang of it, it's not too bad.

Craig S.
Admin in USA

I love this program. It makes adding worship programs easy and fun.

The program works well and it is easy to use. I love the fact that you can easily modify existing program and move slides around and reorder programs.

I do not like the fact that you cannot have multiple background images per slide to customize your program according to the song you are displaying.

Jeff S.
Associate Pastor in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Not enough

Kommentare: I used SongShow Plus several years ago and we moved on to something else.

SongShow was good for showing songs. Easy to upload.

Did not work well with PowerPoint. Also at the time, it did not use motion backgrounds.

Production & Media Manager in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Simple software for presenting during church surfaces

This software is crazy easy to use. Putting together a simple service takes just a few mins

It doesn't have the robust features and system that ProPresenter does.

Dany H.
Dany H.
Pastor in USA

It's presentation software.

SongShow does what it's supposed to do. It has some features that some of the competition does not have.

Main reason we use something else is we run Macs across the board. Also some of the features available with SongShow seem a little impractical and pointless.