Über PowToon

Die All-in-one-Plattform von Powtoon macht das Erstellen nutzerdefinierter Videos zu einem Kinderspiel. Erstelle deine eigenen Videos und dynamische Präsentationen. Schnell. Leicht.

Erfahre mehr über PowToon

I love the built in video vignettes to make a professional looking video. Considering all that you can do with this program, the pricing is more reasonable than the competition.

Bewertungen zu PowToon

PowToon hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 308 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du PowToon bereits verwendet?

Hossamudin H.
Hossamudin H.
Founder in Ägypten
Hochschulbildung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

A great animation cloud-based software, but kinda expensive

5 vor 5 Tagen Neu

Kommentare: Excellent.

The variety of templates is one of the great features. So, I don't have to create a similar video every time; Each video is unique.

Well, the pricing. It is super high. Also, faced few issues with the Arabic language during the free trial. Could be fixed by now tho.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Vyond

Warum PowToon gewählt wurde: I was still learning animation, so I was trying too many tools like vyond, and animaker.

Zuvor genutzte Software: Animaker

Mich M.
Marketing Manager in USA
Einzelhandel, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Powtoons is Amazing

Kommentare: I have created dozens of videos for internal comms, advertising, recruiting and training. It has made my life so easy and with great reward and outcome.

This is a super simple app to create fun and vibrant communications pieces either with cartoons or video.

I think customer service could be much better. I don't think I've ever gotten ahold of a live person.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Filmora

Warum PowToon gewählt wurde: I didn't exactly make a total switch because I still need to edit some video before dropping it in to Powtoons, but the functionality of Powtoons and its ability to drag and drop anything into the video at any time is so cool. And it has a huge database of photos, video, and other tidbits.

Zuvor genutzte Software: Filmora

Riley R.
Sales Rep/ Marketing Director in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Powtoon

Kommentare: Not great they say they would be creating new content and we have had the service for 6 months with absolutely no content updates

You can put multiple layers of text on one slide and customize where it will show up.

They have absolutely zero content. They say they have marketing videos but they are only 10 seconds long and random. We no longer use this software.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Promo.com

Gründe für den Wechsel zu PowToon: We ended up purchasing promo as well because promo has a wide range and variety of videos and music that works a lot better than Powtoon. Very disappointed in Powtoon.

Jocelyn r E.
English Teacher in Mexiko
E-Learning, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Just amazing!

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: It’s been amazing. I totally recommend my fellow teachers to try it. They won’t regret it!

I love Powtoon, it’s an incredible video making app. I use it for my classes and my students always find the videos cool and interesting to watch. I can summarize important topics in small animation that help them understand and review the topics easily. It’s inexpensive and provides amazing features for no money.

I’m general Powtoon is really nice and user friendly. Sometimes it takes a while to load but nothing that affects the use of the website.

Nancy B.
Product Marketing Director in Kanada

Did the job - but ended on a very poor note

Kommentare: My final experience with them soured me on the product and company and thus I cannot recommend. Pick another animation software where they'll at least respond.

I needed to find software on short order for a volunteer product I was doing. I was able to learn it pretty quickly and product something to help the organization out. It was fairly easy to learn and I was able to make a decent animated video in a weekend.

I hadn't used the software for like 6 months and wasn't sure I'd use again, but missed the window to cancel the renewal until it hit my credit card. I contacted the company right away to explain that I used it just for volunteering and ask for a refund. They could check my history to see I hadn't been using. Not only did they not refund me. They ghosted me. I emailed a second and third time, but they never even answered. As for the product itself, they mixed in elements that were not included on my plan with those that were, requiring me to backtrack in some cases export my video w/o upgrading. Many of the elements were too cartoony for my taste. The export limits were kind of confusing.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Vyond

Gründe für den Wechsel zu PowToon: I was in a rush and had to make a quick decision.

Giselle R.
designer in Mexiko
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

attractive and professional slides and videos!

Kommentare: I save a lot of time and effort doing slides on this software and looks so professional!

I don't need to have programming skill to make animations and professional videos, is easy and instinctive to use.

I wish there were more avatars and more variety of animations and the option to adjust and share at tiktok.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Microsoft PowerPoint

Gründe für den Wechsel zu PowToon: because it have 3d options and animations in an easier way to use.

Ummar H.
Ummar H.
Hosting Manager in Pakistan
Telekommunikation, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Interactive Animated Presentations

Kommentare: Interactive storytelling in presentations took shorter time than before.

Powtoon is simple, interactive and provides all basic functions for motion graphics to be used as a presentation.

It's web-based to due which browser got very heavy when working on larger projects.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Microsoft PowerPoint

Gründe für den Wechsel zu PowToon: Due to visual characters and animation as compared to simple textual animation.

Natalie W.
managing director in UK
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

If you want easy animation software for presentations look no further!!

Kommentare: Excellent!! creating meaningful videos that are young people friendly has been so much easier with this software.

This has been a recent addition to us, we came across it by accident looking for new characters for our powerpoint videos. This software has everything prepared and ready to go, with any type of animated creation it still takes time but having all the tools built-in ready and to hand saves a lot of time and frustration. Creating mini-presentations for young people has been a lot easier since we signed up.

The only con I have is that there could be more ethnic characters, this can be a little limiting for us as most of our client base are ethnic we like to use characters that look like them.

Shan S.
Shan S.
Founder in Pakistan
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Incredible tool for Video Creation and Marketing

5 letzten Monat Neu

A very powerful tool for creating professional animated videos. The interface is very clear, intuitive, and simple - both for experienced users and beginners. It's really easy to create high-quality content in no time. You can create everything from simple animations and short videos to large and complex projects. The application is very rich in features. You can use the templates, add text, images, music, videos, and more. You can easily add soundtracks, music, and text. You can also edit animation flows. Highly Recommended for Business Owners, Entrepreneurs, Video Creators & Video Marketing agencies

They are currently more focused on creating templates. I think they should focus on adding new and useful features, instead of pre-made templates.

Bimal C.
Bimal C.
digital marketer in Nepal

PowToon review

Kommentare: My overall experience with PowToon is good.

I use PowToon for my business. I can make any kind of video like animation video, Whiteboard animation, presentations etc. Which helped me to increase more leads and sales. It is a drag and drops tool. Anyone can make high-quality video ads in minutes for any kind of platform. You can play with characters, import your own audio for video etc.

I don't find any cons with PowToon right now.

Alain jove R.
Alain jove R.
Freelancer in Philippinen
Telekommunikation, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Powtoon for Power Cartoon Graphics

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Overall, it is really fun putting crazy ideas to life in this app. The templates save time from creating your own vector graphics and animation, or toying around with other photo or video editing/ creation tools which is very taxing when time is of the essence. The output looks fantastic as it is very smooth and the resolution is really fitting for any setup such as branding of products, personal promotions, and any other creative endeavors.

This is an outstanding app that I've used and is still using since it has powerful customizable templates for designing cartoon storyline. As opposed to just comic style speech bubble presentation, this brings more life to it than the old school approach. Although it still works, the this new approach works better and provides more life - but most of all, an eye catcher to the social media age of today. I like this app because it provides a lot of customizable templates for characters, backgrounds, props, images, and other elements. All of them are customizable down to changing the character's gender and outfit, sceneries that change as your storyline progresses, moving objects like cars and buses, including other animated elements like traffic lights and blinking lights. In addition, you have several audio to choose from to fit the storyline, and has several zoom/pan effect for added touch.

In my opinion, your own imagination is the only thing that hinders you from getting into your end product. If you're stuck, you can always do a Google lookup and find ideas from other Powtoon animations to keep you going with your project. As far as loading times are concerned, there is no lag at all even if the elements already stack up.

Cleo H.
Designer in USA

Not really useful unless you go Pro+

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: It's really easy to quickly create something that's, let's be honest, kind of corny, but for many situations that's fine. The tools are a joy to use and you can add your own artwork so you aren't really that limited. My biggest complaint (as I mentioned above in Cons) is that the tools are corrupted by the upsell items for Pro+. Just don't show me Pro+ features if I've already paid for Pro. Or at least give me a way to turn them off. Find another way to upsell.

Seriously easy to use. Using a template with its own audio, I was amazed at how smoothly the audio adjusted as you changed slide lengths. The tools are intuitive and things [transitions, modifications, adding/removing time, etc.] that are difficult in a lot of video editing packages are simple. There may be fewer features to tweak but in some ways that what makes it so easy to use. I like that you can add your own graphics - this makes it a powerful base if you want to deviate from the more cutesy look that's provided by default.

I'm constantly annoyed at the ongoing upsell to Pro+. I'm tricked into being disappointed at every turn. Choices of characters, items, templates, etc are shown but often it's not until you click on them that you discover they are only available to Pro+ plans. In a grid of possible templates, there were 54 Pro+ I couldn't use - I had to scroll over each one to discover they were Pro+. I asked Support if there was a way to hide the features that I couldn't access (turn off all Pro+) but they said no. Paying over $200 for Pro seems like a lot these days and I would be more satisfied with my purchase if I weren't constantly shown all the things I can't get with that money.

Randy Y.
Senior Instructional Designer in USA
E-Learning, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great Features and Easy to Use

Kommentare: Overall, I am satisfied with this tool. It has some minor issues, but none of those issues are deal breakers for me.

Easy to Start: It only takes me ~20 min to gain basic proficiency and ~60 min to gain advanced proficiency. Time-Saving Templates: It has several templates ready to be used, which saves time. Beautiful built-in assets: Animated avatars, objects, short videos, graphics, audios, etc. Basically anything you could possibly want in a multimedia product--PowToon has it already built-in. Ease of Future Maintenance/Update: The way Powtoon's interface is designed allows for ease of future edits. You can easily swap in/out vectors/audio/texts if your video ever needs an update in the future.

Minor Glitch: Sometimes, objects (vectors, geometric shapes) would move to the wrong place by mouse drags. This is more of a minor nuisance than a real problem. Lack of Audio Editing Feature: It has very little audio-editing capability. Because it has a built-in voice-over recording feature, this feature would be more useful if audio editing ability can be available.

Patti S.
SAP Trainer and End User Support Specialist in USA
E-Learning, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Fun and easy to use

Kommentare: I am an instructional designer/developer and I use PowToon as part of eLearning courses and to communicate changes to end users. The premade templates make PowToon really easy to use. I find a look I like then modify with my content. Each template has its own music but I may upload my own music and upload images to personalize the video even more. If I have a question, I can chat directly with the support team (and I have had lots of questions). I had some trouble understanding the timing of objects when I first started. (Hint: where the thumbnail displays on the time line has Nothing to do with the exit time) and was frustrated by the lack of technical information about how the product works. This is because they depend on their support team to help users. Generally this is good but I would like to see Some documentation, even if it were just voiceovers on a PowToon to explain something. I found using a PowToon to communicate a recent system change to end users resulted in about a 70% view rate instead of a close to 10% read rate for just an email for a previous communication. I host the video on our SharePoint site and provide a link so it's easy to track the views.

I just extended my subscription for another year and look forward to new features, new images, and new templates.

Easy to use, fun. Produces very professional looking videos.

It is difficult to select objects and edit if they overlap. I would like to be able to add tags to the images so I could easily find those I want to use multiple times. When changing the sizes of objects, both the width and height change proportionately. It would be good to be able to change just one, especially boxes.

Chief Product Officer in USA

My favorite presentation software

Kommentare: We make a lot of marketing videos, and this software makes it very easy to throw together a high-quality presentation very quickly, saving time and money in design work.

This is my go-to presentation creation software, far better than Power-Point slides. It is clear they are constantly improving their platform with new features and updates appearing regularly in the system, and I've watched over the years how the platform has continued to improve. I've not been able to find anything comparable in price and features on the market.

Occasionally there is a delay in the uploading of content, likely processing time for information to communicate between servers. Also, I wish there were an improvement on the way to render/download a mp4 file. Currently it renders it on the server and sends an email to download. I wish there were just a simple render/download button available on the program.

Jefry N.
Jefry N.
Electronic Engineer in Kolumbien
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy Presentations

Kommentare: From my experience with the program I can say that I have not had greater difficulties than to find myself a little disoriented at first, but thanks to its easy use and interactivity, I can learn at once and I can create my video. I would say that I would have difficulty uploading or sharing the video, because there are not enough options or the ones I want are blocked and I must pay. It would be good if the tool would allow you to share those videos over Whatsapp for free.

It is a simple and easy to use program. The presentations have many details and customization, being a very good point because it allows creating multiple videos and they do not look alike. It offers free and paid tools, also offers different ways to export or publish it; it is good the point and manages to make known the tool and the jobs and that many people can use it, either by paying or for free.

The program looks very limited at times because they don't have other tools to change the style of their videos with respect to the format, that is, it follows established parameters and does not allow recording videos to be uploaded and edited with the tools already available, but it limits itself to that format already established and in a certain way causes the authors of the videos to be somewhat limited in the subject of creativity.

Binyamin K.
Farmer in Israel
Landwirtschaft, Selbstständig

Expected A Lot But Disappointed

Kommentare: If you are somebody who is moderately gifted/skillful in animation or you are committed to the learning curve demanded of Powtoon it is a great, and I could see it as being a really fun, animation marketing platform.

Using Powtoon a marketer can, at an affordable price, tell the story behind their company and their product in such a way that it comes alive and captivates the viewer. The animation becomes real and pulls the viewer in. It is a well constructed and professional tool. Besides conveying a story in a powerful way, Powtoon also imparts a feeling of professionalism. It shows the viewer that you as a company, as a product creator, cares and takes pride in that which you wish to sell/impart. It sends of message of creativity and above-and-beyond pride in your product.

Although I will be the first to admit that I am not tech savvy, nevertheless there are many products on the market that are made for people like myself, so much so that people are often amazed at how much tech I'm able to navigate with so little aptitude. However, Powtoon was not one of them. When I first discovered Powtoon I was excited, when I first logged-in to Powtoon I was revved up to start creating. From the get-go it was as if I was trying to climb a very tall and vertical wall. It was more than a bit frustrating, especially given that Powtoon was touted as an easy to use creation platform. If I had been heavily invested in learning to use Powtoon I'm sure I could have, but it clearly was going to take more than a day or two of serious learning. A learning curve I was not interested in pursuing.

Deepika S.
Deepika S.
Graphic Designer in Indien

Great to use

Being a graphic designer, I use this for animated videos & presentations almost everyday. powtoon has so many templates & animation effects which make it very useful to make quick videos. I love this software because it has a clean interface. Colors & design are very user friendly . I would recommend this product to everyone who wants to make animated videos & presentations.

The hardest part of this product is it sometimes takes way too much time to upload images & add videos to timeline. This is a heavy product, which hangs alot, that makes it very irritating at times. One thing I want in this product is options to arrange the saved files in folders or as we want because the minus point is when we mistakenly open a file it comes to number one which bothers the order of the files & makes it difficult to keep a check.

Personal Assistant in USA
Onlinemedien, Selbstständig

Making presentations fun

Kommentare: I used Powtoon for many school presentations where the assignment was to make ad campaigns or short promos. Yes, Powtoon can make a presentation exciting enough to look like a commercial. I LOVE this software. It’s so usable and full of many features. It is handy for so many purposes and will certainly do the trick if you’re not interested in researching clunkier software with a bigger learning curve.

Having photos and icons that can move and appear on a timer is my favorite thing about Powtoon. This simple feature allows me to make my presentations way more interactive and entertaining. Searching or uploading images is super easy and Powtoon has a great database of basic graphics. Adding music is also incredibly easy to do.

Powtoon is not the place for detailed voiceovers. There’s really only an option to add one single audio file and when you’re working with many different slides, that can get pretty complicated. The big “Powtoon” logo in the bottom corner of the presentation also totally takes away from a professional look.

Ulises M.
Ulises M.
Personal de apoyo in Venezuela

Animated, creative and unique videos to develop your ideas

Kommentare: An educator should always be preparing and never stop studying or preparing. That is why whenever I can take a course I do it in this case it was an elearning course and I was presented with this tool and from that moment on every occasion I can use it I develop my videos through it.

This tool is great since the environment is very friendly which allows us to devote to the development of the video without worrying about technical difficulties, as well as the possibility of inserting characters, templates and emoticons that allow us to draw the attention of the viewer by remembering that from time to time the viewer loses attention is why we have to find that in that moment that loses attention is also part of our explanation.

This tool has incredible potential to come to shape the ideas in unique and wonderful ways because in addition to having a large repertoire for the help of the video developer has the ability to add all that audiovisual element that we consider the only difficulty is that it is dependent of the Internet and without it you can not work but that reason does not detract from its great potential

Karna S.
Karna S.
Talent Development Partner in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Makes creating just-in-time learning quick and easy

Kommentare: We've had a great experience with Powtoon, and have continually opted in to be early adopters for their new features. Their customer service is fantastic, and the chat-bot allows you to have your questions answered quickly.

It has a very low learning curve. Once you know what you are trying to capture, the software is incredibly intuitive at helping you make your content visually appealing to your end users. They also continually make updates that enhance the creator's experience, including additional templates and new functionality.

There's not really anything to improve- it meets our needs for providing just-in-time learning content. We are able to customize as much or as little as we want, add sound, add proprietary images, and then download in a format that makes it easy to share.

Tara A.
Online Business Manager in USA
Professionelles Training & Coaching, Selbstständig

A Fun and Creative Way to Make Impactful Explainer Videos

Kommentare: Overall, it's a well-run company and the support is excellent. It's a fun product to learn and use and it really allows you to be quite creative in your presentations.

They're continually evolving their product and that's what makes it so great. They keep finding ways to make it faster and easy to make explainer videos. They have an outstanding library of tools and elements you can use to really create outstanding videos. They have excellent templates to start with so you don't have to start with just a blank design canvas. Their support team is outstanding -- definitely one of the best that I've dealt with.

Since I don't use it daily, as I do with other apps, sometimes it takes a while to remember how to do things. You can't always find the design elements you need. It can get quite expensive if you want access to more monthly exports, storage, and customization options.

Learning Experience Designer in Kanada
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Quick and dirty explainer in an afternoon

My assistant was able to make some pretty cool videos very quickly, despite limited technical experience with video creation. The tool presents a variety of diverse characters with stock animations for different moods or actions (e.g., explaining, gesturing angrily, looking bored). The audio recording tool allows you to retry if you're unhappy with a take, and was reasonably painless to use. The animations were simple to string together but more visually interesting than what you can produce in PowerPoint. We created a lesson plan for instructors to use where the learners responded using PowToon projects, and these were a hit. It gives them an alternative way to communicate their ideas and again, is quite easy to use.

We were not using the pro version of the tool, so we were limited in access to characters, scenes and icons. That said, the free version provided a very smooth experience. If you do not upgrade, there will be a PowToon logo and music appended to your video, and some animations will have limited customizability (e.g., a character animation may loop ad nauseum). It is also easy for a junior designer to get caught up in the capabilities of the tool and lose focus on the quality and structure of the content. It's easy to add too much irrelevant on-screen animation and so detract from your message.

Linda B.
Linda B.
Executive Director/Food Safety Consultant in USA

I've been using Powtoon since it was in BETA. I use for both my business and the classroom

Kommentare: Powtoon gave me the ability to create engaging content for my students. I've used it to create lessons in both a brick and mortar classroom as well as for online curriculum. I also use it for content on my Youtube channel.

A variety of pre-built templates to use or edit. The business version has the most options for characters. It's very easy to do voiceover and export the final product.

The collaboration function doesn't work properly. This feature is still in BETA, but I'd like to use it like you can collaborate on a Google Slides. Sometimes updates don't save. I'd be sure to click SAVE every time you make a major change, or at least each slide you create.

Antwort von PowToon

Linda, thank you for the great review, We are making strides towards upgrading the collaboration feature into something very similar to google docs. In fact we are working on a whole new way to work in teams, share brand assets and powtoons, and work together on the same Powtoon. Stay tuned

Deyson T.
Owner in Brasilien

Very Good Animation Software

Kommentare: I reaaly like this software and using for create good promotionals campaigns for may customers.

Easy to use for very good quality job results.

The characters don't have a 'walk' animation as option ...

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Animaker

Gründe für den Wechsel zu PowToon: Because PowToon effer what I need, PowToon is different than others and, maybe need more features, but I believe in the good future for this software.