Excellent Product and Great Value for Money!

Bewertet am 28.6.2018
Adrian L.
Consultant
Umweltdienstleistungen

Kommentare: Stability and mobility. I'm a life customer with MediaShout and would not hesitate to recommend it to other people.

Vorteile: You can do most things under the one computer. No multiple machines or feeds required. This is very useful for a mobile church setup. It also comes with multiple features that you often have to pay extra for with other products such as loads of Bible versions, Songs and Hymnals. MediaShout also has first grade tech support that quickly respond to issues encountered. MediaShout has been faithfully serving our church and multiple ministries for over 15 years. Our church was one of the first users of this product in Australia.

Nachteile: Text editing is probably the weakest point, which we sometimes have to rely on PPT instead for better formatting, but MediaShout is overall a very strong and all rounded product.

Good product, could still use some work

Bewertet am 6.11.2018
Michael S.
Co-Founder
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've been using MediaShout weekly since 2009. I've learned most of the tricks, bugs and shortcuts to the older 4.5 version, but I haven't really tried version 6 a ton because I can't get it to do what I want all the time.

Vorteile: Very easy to add lyrics to the presentation, integrated nicely with other products most churches probably use anyways.

Nachteile: I am currently using version 6 and version 4.5. I am sticking with 4.5 for now because I can't find a good way to use my keyboard on version 6. In version 4.5 you can use the arrow keys to navigate the cues without firing them, then hit enter on the one you want to fire to the presentation. Maybe I just don't know how to use the newer software, but it feels a lot harder to control since I'm using my mouse a lot more. (on my laptop I want to stay away from the trackpad as much as possible!) You can go through (sort of) the cues with your arrow keys but enter isn't the way to fire the cues, and I have a lot of volunteers that help me out with running media, so I want things to be as simple as possible but also flexible enough to skip cues if need be, so telling them to just press spacebar isn't always the best way to do it either. There's also some overall clunky things in the newer version with editing songs and text cues and how it reformats when you try to repaginate things to your liking. It looks like a nice try, there's just enough finnicky things about it to keep me tied to the older, slower 4.5 version for now.

von MediaComplete an 19.11.2018

We appreciate the feedback. V6 is a little different- it puts more at your fingertips without going to different layers to edit. Multiple parts of the program are "active" at the same time. We tried to allow for things like entering numbers and pressing enter to fire, but the challenge was that commands were being sent to the editing functions and not just to the control functions. However, there are a couple of ways to navigate and fire cues such as the F7 and F9 keys, or like you said, the space bar. You can even assign custom keys. You only need to click to jump to out of order. I do realize that is common, so I hear you. For text editing, be sure you have page breaks inserted (Ctrl + Enter or right click and select "Page Break" in a text box). This keeps your pages split as you want, regardless of changes to text size or text boxes for instance. Let our support know (mediashout.com/support) if you have specific questions so we can help. Thanks again!

Improving

Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Russ B.
Worship Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I produce weekly presentations for use in worship services.

Vorteile: MediaShout is a good software solution for churches developing projections for worship. It is created specifically for church use by people intimately familiar with that world.

Nachteile: It may be too much to expect, but it seems that every 18 months or so, a new version arrives that requires purchase. Churches are not typically flush with cash and I feel this could be handled differently.

von Wordsmith an 5.12.2019

Hey Russ! Thanks so much for the review! We wanted to clarify one thing for folks reading- MediaShout typically releases new versions ever 4-5 years. At that point, users can opt to purchase an upgrade for much less than the cost of a full new license, or choose to continue running on their older version. Many users are still using versions from 2013 or older at this point! Although we do encourage users to update, it's definitely more than a few years after a version is released, before another is available.

Mediashout v5/v6

Bewertet am 1.10.2019
Bradley C.
Worship Production Specialist
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I loved how fast I could set up a service, we used this 6 days a week and it went from taking me 2 hours a day to 15 minutes! The thing that has kept me is the customer service the staff are always friendly and helpful and if they can't figure out my problem they won't stop until it's done.

Nachteile: some times things don't work the way they should or little bugs here and there specifically with aligning text. but usually, a quick reboot and it's fixed.

MS7 needs lots of work!

Bewertet am 5.9.2019
Robert M.
Worship Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been a loyal MediaShout user since they began. However, Versions 5, 6, and now 7 are so riddled with problems that I have decided I will not invest any more money in this software. Tired of them repackaging the same program with the same problems.

Vorteile: So far, I can't really say that there are a lot of pros to this release.

Nachteile: MediaShout has always had lots of potential, but issues are many. MS7 was rebuilt from the ground up and is marketed as being more stable than other versions. This is simply not true. I upgraded over a month ago and it crashes or locks up weekly. It is also marketed as "powerful presentations made easy." There is nothing easy about this program. It is powerful, if you are willing to go through multiple steps to get your presentations the way you want them. MS7 is missing many of the features that were found in previous releases. In reworking the software, they have made many changes that practical usage very difficult and time consuming.

von Wordsmith an 12.9.2019

We're so sorry for your trouble. I understand where you're coming from. In streamlining & rebuilding MediaShout in Version 7, a lot was simplified, and we're still releasing some of the more advanced features over the next several months. But the basics are where the majority of users do think things are easier and quicker. We broke out of the box of limitations on a lot of things. Tech support has had less "how do I" questions than ever because things seem to make more sense. With that said, there are things about the heart of MediaShout that we want to stay in the workflow..we're always open to feedback on those. As for stability, we've had a few hurdles, but it's been an impressively smooth new release--much more stable than previous versions right off the bat, and issues we've had have been with very small groups and specific systems. V7 has nothing in it that was repackaged from the past. Tech support is available and developers will work ASAP on any reported issue.

BUYER BEWARE. LICENSE VANISHES.

Bewertet am 12.12.2019
Julia A.
Founder | Citywide WiFi Network | Integrated Marketing Strategies |
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, in 10 years, we were left fixing and resetting codec issues multiple times a year. It worked 85% of the time and most recently not at all.

Vorteile: We have been customers for upwards of 10 years.
The program worked with dual monitors.

Nachteile: We have purchased several upgrades - one because they forced us to. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. A few months ago we showed up for service as usual and our program said we were using a trial version. It started the 30 day countdown. Eventually we dig out the registration codes for the product we had purchased and it would not accept the code. We tried multiple times but it would never go through. We contacted tech support and eventually they just told us the company that managed the licenses for them no longer was. We asked what we could do to fix the problem. The answer? Pay $400 to get a new version. WHAT?!? We purchase a product with the express understanding they are going to deliver on that product. Instead, because they made an unfortunate decision to do business with the wrong company, it was going to cost US -the customer- $400. No product discount, no alternate license or work around. Just a response that would mean they succeeded at doing this to us TWICE. I’m not happy nor would I recommend this product. It does the job. There were things we liked and didn’t like but because of the investment we had, we stayed. No longer. We still haven’t replaced our program. We will be very diligent in reading reviews so we can get a company that is: 1) available with tech support without charging an additional fee and
2) stands behind the service they offer

Good but some issues

Bewertet am 8.10.2019
Jon C.
Lead Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been long-standing MediaShout users, right back from version 3. We have loved it for its flexibility and for how easy it was to use. It was quick and simple to train people up on it. That was until we moved to version 6 when the programme became overly complex. Key features became hard to find and unnecessarily difficult to do. Version 7 is exactly the same. As a consequence we went back to version 5 until the old laptop packed up and we could no longer use our licence keys for it. We are very close to giving up on Mediashout and moving to an alternative because you've made it so hard to work. We would really appreciate some basic functionality to be restored to make the whole experience simpler and therefore more enjoyable, instead of tearing out our hair every time we use it.

Vorteile: Huge range of features making it very flexible for every context

Nachteile: Some key features were far easier to use on previous versions
Some tabs are not well laid out and key functions are sometimes hard to find
Some changes from previous versions are illogical and make the whole experience somewhat frustrating

Good Projection Tool with some quirks

Bewertet am 30.9.2019
Dan S.
Projection Leader
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I really like the ease with which you can build a script for your service and update the information from week to week. I also really like that you can build your own lyric library so you are not constantly entering the hymn lyrics from week to week.

Nachteile: I find that computer updates often change the output settings, particularly audio, and as a volunteer I don't always have time to make sure everything is working correctly. Also, the paste function within MediaShout acts differently (whether it keeps source formatting or not) depending on right click and paste vs. using crtl+v which I find a bit annoying. I also wish it was easier to create slideshows within MediaShout, but that is not too hard to do with the native photos app on the computer.

A Shout Out for Media Shout

Bewertet am 16.10.2019
Theresa J.
Executive Secretary
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This software works nice for our services. Song lyrics are easy to add. You can show a website, add graphics, videos, PowerPoints and to top it off are several versions of the Bible. We find it easy to train new operators.

Vorteile: User friendly. We can do just about anything asked of us concerning projection and can be instantaneous if something is not in "the script."

Nachteile: Timing. When a song is being sung, I find I need to send the next frame when the choir is singing the second to last or last word for it to be up in enough time. A teleprompter view would be helpful also.

Overall happy

Bewertet am 31.10.2019
Mildred L.
Administrative Assistant
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: One of the benefits of this program is that I am able to inform the members of things to come, design slides and songs to accommodate those that find the hymnal hard to read, or their bible print is too small etc it's a great program and we can do so much and have been using it a lot more.

Vorteile: I have always gone to worship services and seen songs on screens, or announcements, now I am the one that creates them. I love that it's pretty user friendly once you learn how to use the program.

Nachteile: it's compatibility with Windows or lack there of and price
I wish that the songs in the data base would be spelled checked not hitting the spell check button but actually go through before putting in the data base not only the songs but the bible etc

MediaShout software is perfect for our church

Bewertet am 28.8.2019
Ken P.
AVL Team Leader
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: MediaShout feels like a really close knit community, where users support each other well, but also MediaShout 'the company', support their users well.
I love the software, and what we can achieve with it, in serving our church locally.

Vorteile: MediaShout is fully featured yet easy to use. It's easy to train on. Their support is second to none, and they really care about how the software works for you in your situation. They are passionate about making their software easy for us as users, to seamlessly support the process of worship and sharing the gospel.

Nachteile: I have no negatives about using and owning MediaShout.

Great presentation formate

Bewertet am 7.8.2019
Keith G.
Student life pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Are use it in two separate ministries elementary and junior high and off-campus events like camps and retreats

Vorteile: It is very easy to use I do elementary kids ministry and my kids are able to maneuver around mediashout and use it during our celebration services

Nachteile: There are several updates a year called builds That must be manually updated. I did have a glitch in my program that stumped the media shout team and was in unable to be fixed at this time

von Wordsmith an 7.8.2019

Hey Keith! Thanks for the positive review and insight! You're right those builds are updates for the program where we release improvements, new features, etc. Users can run on the one they have if they want but we do always encourage you to move up to the newer builds when it's convenient, to take advantage of all the improvements. Now that MediaShout 7 is out, the updates will be few for MediaShout 6- only on an as needed basis. But we will continue rolling out new features for Version 7. One cool difference though is with the new MediaShout 7, we are going to be able to simply release new PLUGINS instead of updates to the entire program, once the framework is satisfactory. That way users won't have to update the whole thing, but just install new plugins that are of interest to them! Regarding the glitch or issue- I'm looking all over but can't find any details. If you have the time, feel free to check in with our team to see if maybe we have an answer for you at this point. Thanks!

Customer service/support is amazing! First time user or an experienced user, they've got your back!

Bewertet am 13.6.2018
Rita C.
Visual Technicician [Volunteer]

Vorteile: First and foremost, their customer service / support is the best. Any issue (my own or theirs) I've ever had the MediaShout team has effectively and efficiently solved to my utmost satisfaction. The team is very knowledgeable about their software, know it inside out, and are on top of their game with it. [No non-english speaking people reading from a script with these guys!] They are tirelessly patient and extremely concerned with making sure my experience with MediaShout is the best they can make it. That alone makes the money spent on the software well worth it! Secondly I love that I can edit the presentation on the fly and live. My Pastor has a tendency to ask for something to be done right BEFORE service starts. Can you show this? Can you add this scripture? You can do all that easily during service with just a few clicks! We couldn't do that before. It's a win/win for us. Pastor's happy and we're happy! And thirdly, I love that I can now spend more of my time focusing on the pictures / graphics that I want to use instead of spending the majority of my time on formatting and setting up road maps for our worship songs. MediaShout allows you to format the entire cue or script easily! Setting up road maps [that my worship leader changes each time we sing it] is a breeze. Just drag and drop everything in the order you want it and wallah! And the best part, with the words showing up on the stage with the next line feature, MY team thinks I'm a rockstar!

Nachteile: I don't like that the main stage and the stage are tied so closely together when creating lyrics. I'm very anal about word placement in regards to the picture / graphic I am using. One slight change on the main effects the words on the stage as well as the next line feature. I know I can use the alignment buttons the software provides, but like I said, I'm anal about word placement. I would also like the ability to change the position of the words that show on the stage without it affecting the words or the next line feature as well. Although the MediaShout customer service is top notch and the support they offer is the best service around, I do wish their user forum was a bit more active. You can learn a lot about how to use a program more effectively by communicating with other end users. I have yet to find a forum within [or without] MediaShout that actively offers this valuable resource.

Amazing but buggy

Bewertet am 23.7.2019
Greg W.
Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I love​ the flexibility and creativity it offers.

Vorteile: I love being able to put video backgrounds behind lyrics on slides. It's a such cool effect. MediaShout is an amazing tool for presentations. I especially appreciate the song & scripture libraries that are independent of any backgrounds.

Nachteile: I find that MediaShout crashes often. It's more reliable during presentations, but when I'm adjusting the slide order or making other changes, especially with video, it's still buggy.

von Wordsmith an 24.7.2019

Thanks for the encouraging review and using MediaShout! We're sorry for any trouble you're having with crashing. With our version 6, it is a pretty solid program and we don't see that often except for cases where the PC isn't quite up to spec, or maybe there's some system issues that need to be addressed. Our great support team is here for you if you connect with them on mediashout.com/support. I would bet we could resolve just about any crashing issue if your computer meets requirements. On another note, our NEWEST version, Version 7 blows just about every software out of the water in terms of stability, and I'd encourage you to check it out. There's less to worry about when it comes to Windows updates, display settings, external video codes-- we've simplified it and put it all in the box so MediaShout can be self sufficient and less susceptible to external system issues. Give it a try on www.mediashout.com/trial to see what it's all about!

We have been using it in our church for about 4 years. It has really enhanced our worship services

Bewertet am 22.6.2018
Dee dee L.
Volunteer

Vorteile: Mediashout visually enriches our Sunday morning worship experience. ** Our pastor uses sermon graphics or short video clips to support various sermon points. It is easy to import these into the script for him. **We love the time saving option of downloading scripture and song lyrics. ** We have an awesome choir that does special performances such as an Easter Cantata or Christmas concert. It is so easy to attach the background music mp3 to a title slide and then go right into beautiful graphics which visually support the song. **It is very easy to use MediaShout to set the mood for a special service -- especially more pensive services such as Maundy Thursday, Good Friday or our Blue Christmas service. **We've done some beautiful memorial services using customized slide backgrounds and photo slide shows with music behind the pictures. They are very easy to accomplish with MediaShout. **It is fun and easy to incorporate music lyric videos into our contemporary Wednesday evening service, using all or part of a video or even stopping it in the middle and restarting later. **We can import an picture of something that happened earlier in the service (i.e. a Baptism) and show it on the screens as a closing slide -- that's how easy it is. **The Customer Support team is A--mazing!! They ALWAYS go out of their way to help and advise us. ** We are an all volunteer team of 4 people, ages 65 to 80!!! If we can use this product, anybody can!

Nachteile: The learning curve from MediaShout 5 to MediaShout 6 was pretty steep. We had some frustrations making the switch. MediaShout 6 has had a few glitches, most of which have been fixed with upgrades. Customer Support has been awesome throughout it all.

I love MediaShout. It is excellent church presentation software

Bewertet am 7.6.2018
Gary B.
Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This software helps to enhance the spread of important information, it helps to enhance worship services, and is very cost effective.

Vorteile: I love the numerous features and options that help to make for a vibrant worship service. Most of all, I love the wide selection of Bible translations that are available without the need of having to purchase a separate license for each translation. This is really the main reason that we chose MediaShout above the others.

Nachteile: It can be a bit complicated to operate the software. Stability is a bit of an issue. Even with a powerful machine, it may crash from time to time.
I am not thrilled with the past licensing model that at times necessitated having to potentially purchase a new license if a computer crashed. It would be nice to have an option where licenses could be activated/deactivated via a secure login. However, I think that the new licensing model which makes it more cost effective just to purchase unlimited licenses will remedy this issue.
Finally, upgrade pricing is too high.

von MediaComplete an 8.6.2018

Hey Gary,

Thank you for the review! We've found MediaShout to be a very stable program among church presentation software. Occasional crashing can normally be attributed to outdated graphics drivers, implementation of PowerPoint or mis-matched codec settings.

We also look forward to the day when users can deactivate "dead" computers via their secure logon to their MediaShout account. It is unfortunate that computers can become unusable before you have a chance to deactivate. In that instance, just give us a call -- or submit a ticket or chat -- and let us know the name of the computer in question and we will deactivate it on our end, opening that activation up for your later use. It wouldn't necessitate purchasing another activation to use on the replacement computer.

Again, thanks, and be blessed!

Freezes and crashes

Bewertet am 6.5.2019
Wendy P.
Church Projection manager
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, our church has been very impressed and satisfied with this program. It's the glitches tied to program freezes that distracts from Sunday services.

Vorteile: While there are many fine tuning details to learn, this is a user friendly program that provides lots of options for professional quality presentations. It's relatively easy to teach someone how to run a presentation once it's been put on a script and that's important with a team of church volunteers who rotate from week to week. We've used this software for over seven years and it serves our projection presentation needs remarkably well.

Nachteile: I, personally, still much prefer the format of the MS 5 to the MS 6 version and so do the volunteers at our church. It's just a simpler screen to look at and find things and I'd suggest that Media consider giving users the option of which design format layout they'd rather use. The biggest problem we've had with both versions came when we moved to High Definition Resolutions and file sizes and, despite trying to troubleshoot with Media Shout, we continue to have frequent crashes on larger background files, particularly video files. We're using many of the same graphics as we did at lower resolutions but upping the screen resolutions has led to far more crashes.

The software is very powerful and has features for every size church and way/style of worship.

Bewertet am 21.5.2018
Mary W.
Visual Worship Leader

Kommentare: The software is built and designed for churches ... and allows me to support our worship services with spectacular visuals and a smooth running one hour services. The team of support people is outstanding. This software is the bomb and I love it.

Vorteile: It allows me to use beautiful motions as backgrounds and I can put text over the motions. It's easy to use and very well supported by a team of very knowledgeable and helpful Christian people. I don't use/need even half of the functionality but what I do use allows me to create wonderful hour-long services in a liturgical "high church" setting. I love my work as a visual worship leader and could not even begin to do my church justice without this wonderful and powerful software.

Nachteile: Same thing with all software I guess ... when big new releases come out, the learning curve is very rough. Part of that is on my shoulders because I'm not a young techy ... but wow sometimes I wonder why developers don't take into consideration the stress it creates and time required to have the user interface change so drastically that the user feels lost and has to start from scratch. And you know how much time we have on our hands. But, bottom line is the software and support is awesome and I love it.

Newly Designed User Interface Poor.

Bewertet am 22.1.2019
Richard K.
Outreach Pastor
Grafikdesign, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I want to remain on 4.5 which has an excellent interface without a steep learning curve. Pastors do not have the time to be techies. We need something that is stable. Unfortunately, Media Shout has taken 4.5 away making it impossible to use if reloading on a new computer.

Vorteile: Nothing. The learning curve of a new interface doesn't allow me to receive value from this product

Nachteile: User Interface. It's like a product I never seen though I've been a customer for 15 years.

von Wordsmith an 23.1.2019

Hi there! We're sorry to hear about the initial difficulty with V6. We know that with a new interface comes some time getting comfortable with it, and that time is valuable especially in ministry. However, this was one of those situations where to make it better all around (+ easier/faster to use), we had to make the jump to something new. What we've heard from lots of users so far is that it was worth getting to know the new layout, because they've now saved lots of time in the long run. After a few weeks, most say they're working faster than before because of the more intuitive controls with less clicks, less menus, and ultimately less obstacles to your work. Regarding V4, it will remain a MediaShout classic that has served us well, but unfortunately due to it being around 10 years old, certain components were not able to be kept up because of their age. Check you email, as we've sent you a link to some complimentary training for MediaShout 6 that can help bridge the gap!

Mediashout v6 supports almost anything we wish to accomplish as a church presentation program.

Bewertet am 22.5.2018
John B.
associate pastor/engineer
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Ease with which a presentation queue can be constructed and displayed. All manner of media can be easily employed.

Vorteile: Ease with which a queue can be laid out and understood by a completely new operator. The addition of comments and sections keeps the clutter of a long program manageable. I also like the ability to immediately edit lyrics, to easily change backgrounds and to specify where I wish to place all of the various media in a networked drive which greatly simplifies backups. The operator interface seems well laid out for use in the service. The customer support is absolutely STELLAR. Extremely knowledgeable and curteous support persons smooth over any issues which could be otherwise frustrating. I love the tutorial videos which seem complete for most operations and is a great introduction to new users.

Nachteile: Somewhat inconsistent or confusing song editor when inputting/editing lyrics. Function key F8 sometimes will not stop a cue and sometimes the spacebar will not advance a page within a cue, but there are others ways to accomplish these. Dragging and dropping a media selection within a queue is a bit "touchy" and sensitive to small mouse motions. There have been a few annoying instances where the computer has "frozen" prior to a service while running Mediashout, but to be fair, these instances are few indeed and it is unclear where to place the blame. Technology is notoriously fickle.

Made my first custom count-down timer

Bewertet am 30.7.2019
Erik P.
Director of Technology
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I'm not usually the on-site tech guy for special events, but it happened to be me the other day. Among the inevitable last-minute requests was a count down timer to display on the main screens during intermission so everyone would know when it was time to continue the concert. But, they didn't want a generic video off youtube, they wanted something themed to match the event so it looked intentional. Now, I am not the regular Media Shout guy, in fact I don't think I had ever actually used it for a live event before. This responsibility falls on me so rarely that I usually just go with PowerPoint. I knew MediaShout had better tools for us, but never bothered to learn them, and I was more familiar with PowerPoint. But, a count down timer? I did a quick search on how to create a count down timer in our version of PowerPoint. After skimming a few steps in, I realized this was not the way to go. So, I opened up MediaShout to see what I could figure out. Oh, my, that was too easy. I dropped in a background to match the concert theme and added a count down timer, gave it a nice font and matching color. Ta-da. The event organizers were happy and it worked flawlessly.

Nachteile: Seems like this thing loads pretty slow. It's running on a good computer, but still seems like it takes forever to open and load up the file.

No longer using

Bewertet am 24.7.2019
Paul R.
Executive Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This was the cutting edge presentation software for churches when it first was released. Then ProPresenter came along and made everything easier.

Vorteile: The bible scripture feature was so easy to display verses from different bible translations.

Nachteile: It was not user friendly, especially for volunteers who weren't using the software enough to stay familiar with the layout.

von Wordsmith an 25.7.2019

Hey Richard! Thanks for your review. You're right, MediaShout was the "pioneer" of church presentation software with the first ever concept of being able to navigate slides in random order or use motion backgrounds even.

I wonder if you've seen our newer versions that came out around when ProPresenter was launched, and after? People say that our recent version 6, and especially our brand new version 7 are much easier than ProPresenter. We have folks switching all the time because MediaShout still allows advanced features, but doesn't take an advanced user skillset to be able to design and run. I'd recommend checking out this link to see a video of how you can setup an average church service in literally 7 minutes total, in fact: https://youtu.be/hBiXSn4cDGI And running it-- so easy that anyone could do it without ANY training (As a worship leader, I've personally had someone jump on 5 minutes before the service, who had never SEEN Version 7 before, and ran it with no trouble!)

Great Church Video Product

Bewertet am 10.7.2019
Richard D.
Video/Audio Team Leader & IT Support
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I would say that the one thing I like most about the software is interacting with the Support Staff. They have always been there with correct and timely solutions to any problem we have encountered. While most of these have been operator error or not knowing the right steps. Secondly the software has been rock solid in performing during our church services. We have been using the product from MS v4 through MS v6 and it has worked extremely well. Our video team are all volunteers. We have all been able to learn it very quickly and without a lot of trouble using the online videos.

Nachteile: The only glitch, and I don't think it is with MS v6, is copying text from a MS Word document the font would change from what was shown in Word into a different font in MS. It would take some extra steps to get the correct font in our script.

Amazing Presentation Software

Bewertet am 7.6.2018
Alwin A.
AV Technician

Vorteile: The program is very easy to use and covers all our needs as a church. Being able to show lyrics and Bible verses and ppts seemlessly makes MS6 worth it. Being able to open multiple presentations is a useful new feature.

Nachteile: We have encountered random crashes and bugs in the program. Even those are rare, it does get annoying if that happens during service. When moving between decks, it feels like MS6 is moved backwards in comparison to MS5 and MS4. Being able to skip slides without having to use the mouse is very useful to our church and using the arrow keys then entering was a valuable feature that was lost. Finally, an update to the Android version of MSRemote to match the iOS would improve our experience.

von MediaComplete an 8.6.2018

Hey Alwin,

Thank you for the review! I'm sorry you've encountered occasional "buggy" crashing issues. I would mention that crashing, though rare, is often caused due to a Windows Update changing settings in your machine. As a software, MediaShout is supremely stable and will only crash, for instance, if you have outdated video card drivers, PowerPoint implementation, or mis-matched codec settings. When something like that happens, reach out to us -- submit a ticket, get on our chat line, etc. We're here to help!

Thanks, and be blessed!

5 was great but 6 stinks

Bewertet am 26.12.2018
Gary V.
pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Does what I need it to do in setting up worship media. My experience was great for versions 3-5. They just really screwed up version 6. It does it all, but in the most cumbersome way.

Vorteile: It will do all sorts of things, pretty much anything you want.

Nachteile: I've used Media shout from versions 3 through 6. 5 was great - I loved it. Easy to use. Virtually no learning curve. Very intuitive. Then someone decided to make major changes on version 6. Very cumbersome. Hard to figure out. Not intuitive at all. I actually hate it, but have not choice but to use it. Even after nearly 2 years, I still can't stand version 6. One of the most annoying is that things like column width on the screen, remote on/off, preview screens, compact script - none of those things save with the program. So if you have to do a quick reboot, the program comes up with several things you then have to do in addition in order to be back to where you set it. The lyric setup - entering your own lyrics - is really cumbersome. Seems like the program is friendly to those who use the lyric service, but hard for those who want to do their own lyrics from scratch.