Great for Small Business Device Management

Bewertet am 26.9.2019
Chris C.

Kommentare: I am incredibly happy with this system. I have met the developers, sales people, and other technical support teams while at the JAMF User Conference 2018 in Minneapolis before, and they are just a fantastic, honest, and high quality company. Their products are stable, reliable, and top notch.

Vorteile: I love that this software allows you to manage so many aspects of Apple devices. I have been a Jamf Pro admin for years, and when they offered Jamf Now for free for three devices, I was on board immediately. It allows you to set security policies from denying the use of a camera if you are in a sensitive area, to can a personal iCloud account be used on a business device. Setting WiFi profiles is easy, and enrolling the device is simple. This is a great solution for small business, churches, and even families that want to have a higher level of control of their devices than just Apple stock services.

Nachteile: After using the full capabilities of a full Jamf Pro system, there are many features that I would like to see integrated into their Now product. Jamf Now is not intended to be as complex and Jamf Pro is, but there a couple of things such as the ability to setup a WiFi profile to support connecting to an enterprise network. Right now you can only setup a PSK network. Not a big deal, but something that would be nice without having to upgrade you plan.

Jamf Now is a dream!

Bewertet am 15.8.2019
Helen H.
Assistant Director of Operations
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Jamf Now walks you through connecting your Apple Business account with the Jamf Now MDM server. Since this is set up, we can unbox, unwrap, and power on a device that auto-enrolls into the Jamf Now MDM server. There’s no need to plug in and apply settings through Apple Configurator and risk users trying to delete installed profiles. Also- setting up the blueprints for your different devices and levels of access is so simple. It takes seconds to apply updated settings to a device.

Nachteile: I’ve had issues using the activation bypass code working correctly on a few devices. Not a huge deal, but annoying at the time. And locking of iPads once someone has turned it off and it’s in lock mode.

Easy and simple way to manage Apple devices in the workplace

Bewertet am 21.10.2019
Rick S.
Senior Geo-environmental Consultant
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I can’t rate Jamf Now highly enough; it’s been the perfect solution for our small business to make deploying new devices easy and maintaining a robust management system for our clients.

Vorteile: Jamf Now made implementing Apple products into our small business really easy and very simple to manage for us, meaning that we don’t have to worry about spending ages setting up new computers when they arrive and can focus on the things that make the business successful. Jamf Now is really intuitive and user-friendly and everything from setting up email accounts, WiFi networks and user privileges can be done before the device even arrives at the office (or to a remote worker if delivered directly to them). Our staff can just turn on their device and it’s all set up & ready to go!

Nachteile: I honestly can’t think of any cons for Jamf Now; I can’t rate this service highly enough!

Great mobile device management

Bewertet am 9.11.2019
Jorge F.
IT Manager
Kunststoffe, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am very happy with it. The pricing per device on a monthly basis is just right.

Vorteile: I couldn't ask for anything better for an out of the box solution. It gives me the ability to manage all of our apple devices from the same panel. Provides inventory, blueprints and app management from one place.

Nachteile: The only thing that we can complain about is that there is less granularity on JAMFNOW compared to JAMF PRO. There are certain limitations that you run into but we are not ready to jump into a large contract for JAMF PRO for the smaller amount of devices that we manage versus an enterprise.

Been using Jamf|Now for more than a year (~75 devices)

Bewertet am 20.11.2017
Partner

Kommentare: Automated security policy enforcement. Applications management via the VPP. Basic inventorying.

Vorteile: Highlights: Clean UI, easy to use, good price, and great customer support. Employees also like it because it doesn't feel too "big brother" compared to other products. Also, client software is necessary to install or run.

Nachteile: Missing some important (to us) features, but they're working on them. Our wishes include better notifications, a generic notes field, and the ability to configure the conditions under which a device is flagged as needing attention.

I Love Jamf Now

Bewertet am 11.6.2019
Manager, IT Operations
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We finally could kill our outdated Google spreadsheet once we deployed Jamf Now, and for that I am eternally grateful. We also had a couple of thefts in the months following deployment and were able to remotely wipe the machines.

Vorteile: Jamf is the industry leader for enterprise Mac management, and it's clear why. Deployment is simple and quick, and it does everything you would expect from a basic asset management application for (typically) much less than competitors. It's no Jamf Pro, but that's okay from a non-flagship product.

Nachteile: It is pretty simple as far as features go, and I would love it to inherit even just a little more from Jamf Pro.

Just Buy It

Bewertet am 22.8.2019
Jared W.
Pilot/EFB Admin
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My company had little management over 25 iPads. When I was hired as the iPad Admin, I knew that we had to do something to manage the devices and also protect our assets. After comparing several products jamf came out on top. It is easy to use, easy to manage and budget friendly. If you are looking for a solution look no further.

Vorteile: Ease of use
cost
design
overall look and feel
hands free deployment

Nachteile: At the lower tier we are currently enrolled in there aren't many diagnostic options.

Outstanding, Understandable MDM

Bewertet am 22.5.2019
Founder & Principal Consultant
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: As an IT provider, I manage dozens of Apple device deployments. Jamf Now allows complete oversight of all devices in the organization from a single browser window.

Vorteile: Outstanding tools to deploy Apple devices securely within your organization. The platform is highly reliable and easy to understand; powerful enough for IT while understandable to the C-suite.

Nachteile: Inability to seamlessly upgrade to their more advanced product, Jamf Pro. But I know they're working hard to find a solution...!

There is no step three!

Bewertet am 25.9.2019
Neil P.
Financial Analyst
Versicherung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: As the company has grown there was a need to manage the deployment centrally and Jamf Now has allowed this to happen at low cost to the business. Fortunately their team have been the biggest asset, on hand to answer any questions that we've had and it's allowed us to stay on stop without needing dedicated resource.

Vorteile: Simple and easy to use. As the company has grown there was a need to manage the deployment centrally and Jamf Now has allowed this to happen at low cost to the business. Fortunately their team have been the biggest asset, on hand to answer any questions that we've had and it's allowed us to stay on stop without needing dedicated resource.

Nachteile: It's perfect! Whenever there have been limitations, there was always support on hand to help!

Great for small to midsize business

Bewertet am 14.4.2017
Caryn T.
Technical Support Manager

Kommentare: I use Jamf Now to manage about 80 Macs. We love it for deploying App Store apps. I also like how I can require Filevault 2 which would otherwise be very difficult to enforce. We have also had computers stolen from our office before, so it's great to have the feature where we can remotely wipe them. And, whenever I have a question they are very responsive on the chat support.

Vorteile: I like the interface and also the support is great.

Nachteile: Sometimes app deployment from the App store is slow, or will come back with an error.

A Small Business Dream

Bewertet am 5.3.2019
Joshua H.
Dispatch/IT
Biotechnologie, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: JamfNow has a intuitive, easy to navigate interface. It is relatively easy to find the functions I need, and it was easy to find resources online for things I couldn't figure out on my own.
Our business has the need to manage multiple iPads, which are used in the field. JamfNow gives us the security we need with company assets on potentially stolen property.
As far as I am aware it is the best software available for mobile device management becuase it is specifically designed to communicate with the core Apple operating system.

Nachteile: Absolute pain in the neck to set up. Quite a few calls into Apple Enterprise support, and the first iPad I tried to add to MDM got locked and had to be taken to the local Apple shop to be reset. However, once you set up the backend, adding new devices is easy. I was able to walk someone through the steps of adding an iPad to our company JamfNow over the phone.

Great product overall

Bewertet am 7.2.2018
Joevanne V.
IT Security Engineer
Konsumgüter

Vorteile: Jamf is very cost effective and extremely easy to roll out. Deployment of solution only took us half a day. The product has been a life saver and given us control over our Mac environment.

Nachteile: There have absolutely no issues with Jamf. I have used the solution at several different organizations and the product has been seamless to implement and issue free.

Best way to deploy VPP tokens during your lunch hour

Bewertet am 21.7.2018
Contractual Broadcast Engineer

Vorteile: I use JamfNOW for a Bushel of side clients that need to deploy VPP Token apps on iOS. This is a great low cost solution for small business.

Nachteile: linking Users appleID's for Token distribution is not as clean as I would like it but I can't really complain.

Moved from Airwatch and have been very happy JAMF.

Bewertet am 11.10.2017
Brian B.
Manager of Information Systems
Bildungsmanagement

Vorteile: JAMF offers a great platform. It is easy to maneuver with little difficulty and train other staff as needed.

Nachteile: It can be costly, depending on the number of devices but willing to sacrifice cost for enhanced features, service and support.

Makes life so much easier

Bewertet am 15.1.2019
Logan W.
IT administrator
Immobilien, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Very good. So easy to implement and it has always worked. I would recommend this software to anyone who needs to manage apple devices for a low cost

Vorteile: Very easy to use and implement. Keeps track of all of our mac products with ease. I can lock and wipe devices remotely if they are stolen. So easy to install and set up security features. We used mac os server before for device management but this is so much easy to manage. We don't have to worry about it going down. If the internet is up, everyone can work on their device.

Nachteile: I wish we could change passwords for individual accounts on devices but I realize this is hard with just as simple device manager. Also I wouldn't have to change the password for the admin account on devices every 3 months (company requirement) by logging into the device. I would love just to do this through my jamf account.

Finally, easier to use!

Bewertet am 6.2.2018
Dennis C.
Library/Media Tech, IT Support Tech 2

Kommentare: Significantly eases Apple device management.

Vorteile: Latest UI is soooo much easier to understand and error reporting is actually informative - keeps getting better with every revision.
Excellent tech support.
Ability to push apps to individual devices and groups remotely is fantastic

Nachteile: In earlier versions, the UI was very confusing and difficult to understand. It assumed instant expertise. It was enough to make me jump ship.
Still dependent on working with Apple School Manager separately
Many similar functions are in different locations (no grouped) in app.

Ease of use

Bewertet am 5.9.2019
Kevin K.
Infastructure Manager
Essen & Trinken, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Love it for how it allows me to administer my Mac environment.

Vorteile: This produce allows one administrator to support hundreds currently I have one desktop admin tor over 100 users. At my last place of business we had 1200 users and 3 administrators.

Nachteile: I wish the software supported PC platform.

Jamf is an awesome product.

Bewertet am 25.10.2017
Neil V.
Sr. Service Engineer

Vorteile: The easy and use to manage Macs. The ability to inquire about all the Mac's in the environment is great.

Jamf does exactly what it is meant to do and it is easy to setup and manage.

Bewertet am 11.4.2018
Joseph V.
Firm Administrator

Vorteile: The setup instructions are complete and easy to follow and the customer service/help forums are very thurough.

Nachteile: There's not much to not like. I would like to see more of the advanced features available to Jamf customers.

Great product. Could use more functionality

Bewertet am 7.2.2019
Jorge F.
Sr. IT Administrator
Kunststoffe, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The ease of use and good looking interface.

Nachteile: limitations on individual application settings.

Great Community of Users

Bewertet am 7.3.2018
Braedan H.
IT Administrator

Vorteile: Love being able to use JAMF Nation and JAMF now to resolve many computer management issues that our company handles.

Nachteile: Took me time, and I'm still learning all the tricks of the software. There are many ways to do the same thing, which can be confusing to learn.

Super Easy, and inexpensive too!!

Bewertet am 21.5.2019
Mike B.
IT Manager
Konsumgüter, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It is an inexpensive and easy way to manage your devices. Has enough configuration items available but isn't cluttered either. Quite intuitive.

Nachteile: Need a few more features, like home screen customization and removal of "factory installed" apps.

Jamf Now is easy to use and our account manager has been extremely helpful for us.

Bewertet am 4.12.2017
Janet T.
Operations & Office Manager

Vorteile: It's easy to enroll our devices and to manage them without needing too much training. It's a clean interface and easy to navigate through.

Nachteile: It's not very easy to pull reports that let us see our inventory or to dig deeper into the details of our inventory.

Good solution to entry level device management

Bewertet am 24.4.2018
Charlie P.
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Inexpensive and easy to use device management.

Vorteile: The software easily allows us to manage our technician's iPads. We are able to easily push apps, update software, and track our equipment.

Nachteile: For our purposes, the only negative aspect that I have encountered is that it does not provide the option to automatically remove some of the default apps that Apple includes with the iPad. Not being able to automatically delete TV, Home Kit, Tips, etc. still means that we have to touch each device. I wouldn't have anything to complain about if this was added.

Feel safe with secure devices

Bewertet am 15.2.2018
Carla D.
Recruiting Coordinator

Vorteile: You cannot beat this product in quality, price, or performance. This is a dream solution to securing sensitive data.

Nachteile: I would recommend having a better help solution to help novice users get the most of the product and to use it more.