4.8/5

Über Alt Legal

Alt Legal ist der einfachste Weg, Marken, Patente und Urheberrechte vorzubereiten und zu verwalten.

Erfahre mehr über Alt Legal

Tara M.
Attorney & Owner
  • Bewertet am 20.2.2019

"A Necessity for All Small/Solo IP Professionals"

Kommentare: Far and away my favorite thing about Alt Legal is the customer service. As a true solo, when I can't figure something out on my own, I can lose a huge amount of my day poking around the internet for how to's and fixes. Other software programs I've used had customer service that was slow to respond. This loss of time leads to a loss in productivity which translates into a loss of billable hours. Alt Legal has always responded to my questions incredibly quick and has always provided fixes or training that goes above and beyond any other software provider I've worked with. Whenever a small/solo saves time, they make money and working with Alt Legal has been very beneficial to my bottom line.

Vorteile: As a true solo, Alt Legal saves me time which makes me money. Instead of having to enter all my client's trademark information into a spreadsheet or some other document, Alt Legal auto-populates any client mark information from the USPTO into my docket. Every day I get an email update that alerts me to any changes or upcoming deadlines related to my client's marks. Normally, I would either have to spend the time looking this information up on my own or hire an admin to assist with tracking my docket and deadlines. Alt Legal eliminates the need for me to do the work which saves me time and as a solo when I save time, I make money. It also does away with the need to hire someone to do the docketing for me. I really love the integration with Clio as well. Alt Legal auto-populates important USPTO deadlines onto my Clio calendar. This eliminates any issues with data entry due to human error and it allows me to stay on top of things with a minimum amount of effort on my part. It's truly a time saver which translates into a money maker.

Nachteile: I would like to be able to track competing marks. i.e. When a client may have an opposition to another mark, the ability to track that other mark as it moves through the application process would be helpful.

von Alt Legal an 26.2.2019

Thanks so much for the kind words and feedback, Tara! I'll reach out separately on how you can track competing marks to know when to oppose them or otherwise!

Rob K.
Head of Trademarks & Brand Protection Law
  • Bewertet am 29.8.2018

"AltLegal is a game-changer for IP attorneys (especially for trademarks)-Automates docketing reliably"

Kommentare: Alt Legal solves 98% of my docketing needs flawlessly. Their customer service is second-to-none!

Vorteile: I like that the software essentially replaces a full-scale docketing department for trademark management. It automates everything, pulls live from the USPTO (for status changes and up-to-date data) without additional fees, and sends reminders when you need them most. Rep and team have built a tremendously-valuable product here that is perfect for solo/small practices and large firms alike. Alt Legal's user interface is incredibly smooth and allows for easy operation. In addition to docketing, Alt Legal automates template and form letters, USPTO filings, and other elements of a robust trademark practice. I truly wouldn't be able to practice without it (or a full-scale docketing department). Bravo! A+++

Nachteile: It's close to perfect for my 98% of my purposes. Litigation and foreign deadlines need to be manually entered to some degree but will change when updated (smart updating). Automating these would be difficult but nice.

von Alt Legal an 31.8.2018

Thanks so much for Rob!

• Bewertet am 29.8.2018
Sharon T.
Principal
  • Bewertet am 11.5.2018

"AltLegal is a game changer for IP lawyers! Powerful, easy to use, and value-adding for our Clients. "

Kommentare: Integration into our practice management software.
Timely reporting of action and events on all of our filings.

Vorteile: The ease of use and the terrific customer service from the AltLegal Team. Any time we have had a question, we've received same day assistance. And the Team (even the company Founder!) goes above and beyond to help us integrate the product into our other software solutions. They are clearly focused on helping IP lawyers use the software to not only streamline workflow, but add profit to our Firm's bottom line. The product is highly user friendly, and the communication and reporting very helpful to our team.

Nachteile: We'd like to see one feature added - a hot link to the specific event, action, or proceeding filed at the PTO or TTAB when we get a notification of it.

von Alt Legal an 17.5.2018

Thanks for the kind words, Sharon! It's been great working with you!

• Bewertet am 11.5.2018
Gianna G.
Law Clerk
  • Bewertet am 20.11.2018

"Overall Helpful but Hard to Manage"

Vorteile: I like that this software is helpful for working

Nachteile: This software is hard to manage for me sometimes

• Bewertet am 20.11.2018
Pankaj R.
Managing Partner
  • Bewertet am 13.6.2018

"Fantastic product support by great people. "

Kommentare: Streamlined my trademark practice and provided great insights on how to build a great product for my clients.

Vorteile: AltLegal has been an integral part of my trademark practice for over four years now. From their first iteration of the platform to the expanded offerings they provide today, AltLegal's combined ease of use and excellent customer service make it one of the best legal tech firms I've used.

Nachteile: There isn't really much bad to say about the product. I like what they've done and they are smart about features. Any time there is an issue, they are super fast to get on it and address it.

von Alt Legal an 14.6.2018

Thanks for the kind review, Pankaj! We're looking forward to continuing to work together!

Abraham L.
  • Bewertet am 20.2.2019

"User Friendly and Customer Service Second to None!"

Kommentare: Aside from the platform itself, which is part of my core software suite to run my firm, the customer services is excellent. Everyone there is super friendly and knowledgeable and genuinely care about getting answers to questions or info back both quickly and accurately. To me, having humans I can call or email when I have questions and actually have a conversation with them is priceless.

Vorteile: Ease of use. It's not overly complicated and when you're dealing with over a thousand active trademark files at any given time, having an easy to navigate system that gives you deadline reminds daily can be a time and life saver.

Nachteile: There are occasional bugs with the search function but I only mention this bc you're asking for a con. it's really not a significant issue for me at all.

von Alt Legal an 22.2.2019

Thanks for the kind note, Abe!

Adriano P.
Lead Trademark Attorney
  • Bewertet am 5.7.2018

"AltLegal has transformed my practice. "

Vorteile: AltLegal's docketing software and daily emails are an essential tool to any Trademark practice. On top of the ease of use, the marketing data has allowed my small firm to compete in today's fast-paced trademark landscape, assisting unrepresented parties at the Trademark Office. This is an incredible overall product and the team behind AltLegal is second to none.

Nachteile: Nothing to report here. All features are top of the class. But to fill out the word minimum, a bit more robust TTAB docketing section could be beneficial.

• Bewertet am 5.7.2018
Andy H.
  • Bewertet am 12.12.2018

"Great IP software!"

Kommentare: The biggest problem this software solved for us was the need for a reliable trademark docketing system. We previously were just using the free MyUSPTO system, which was ok, but occasionally unreliable and buggy. As our trademark filing practice scaled, we had to have in place a docketing system that worked reliably and efficiently, like software should work. I'm a big fan of Alt Legal and recommend it to my IP lawyer colleagues!

Vorteile: It reliably tracks all trademark filings with the USPTO and makes docketing a breeze. No more sleepless nights about missing a filing deadline or wondering if my docketing system is working. The daily email updates on all trademark filing events also are great. It's just more peace of mind that I'm not missing any important deadlines on behalf of a client.

Nachteile: Nothing so far. We've been using it for about 6 months so far without a hitch.

von Alt Legal an 26.2.2019

Thanks, Andy! It's been great working together.

• Bewertet am 12.12.2018
Bill S.
Intellectual Property Attorney; Copyrights; Trademarks; Technology Law
  • Bewertet am 18.6.2018

"Seamless notification and reporting of all relevant IP information."

Vorteile: The way that the software packages data and information and seamlessly updates us is amazing and saves us time and effort.

Nachteile: Looking forward to greater integration with patent information. Until then we need to enter that information ourselves--it could be worse and they are constantly improving the platform.

von Alt Legal an 19.6.2018

Thanks for the kind words, Bill!

• Bewertet am 18.6.2018
Samuel M.
Partner
  • Bewertet am 13.6.2018

"Great software. So good, I literally don't know how I managed marks before using it. "

Vorteile: Ease of use, how intuitive it is, the updates I receive via email, quick searching and accessing the USPTO.

Nachteile: I would LOVE if the software automatically emailed saved scripts to clients based on USPTO actions without having to trigger them myself.

von Alt Legal an 14.6.2018

Thanks for the kind review, Sam! We'll let our engineers know about the saved scripts :)

Marcy S.
Founding Partner
  • Bewertet am 10.5.2018

"Cutting-edge IP docketing software with real-time updates from the USPTO"

Kommentare: Alt Legal allows my firm to stay on top of all our IP deadlines both in the U.S. and internationally and provides a well-organized daily docket report so that we never miss a deadline. In addition, the software is very user-friendly and intuitive. I cannot speak highly of this software and the customer support team.

Vorteile: Alt Legal is the most intuitive IP software I have used in my decade of IP experience at both big and small firms. The Alt Legal team is extremely responsive to any questions and beyond professional. And the reporting functions are exceptional for sharing portfolio status reports with clients.

Nachteile: I would like to see links to foreign trademark office websites and documents. However, I understand from the founder who takes an incredibly hands-on approach with his clients, that this may not be too far off in the future. Stay tuned.

von Alt Legal an 15.5.2018

Thanks so much for the kind words, Marcy!

• Bewertet am 10.5.2018
Stacey K.
Founding Partner
Rechtsberatung, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 26.2.2019

"Easy to use! Saves time and money!"

Kommentare: Super happy I found AltLegal. Saves me a lot of time and I don't have lose sleep worrying about my docket! Thank you, AltLegal for a great platform! Keep up the good work.

Vorteile: AltLegal is a powerful docketing tool for trademark practitioners, especially solo and small firm practitioners. With real time updates from the USPTO, docketing for domestic cases is a breeze. You can also add custom dates and monitor competitors, watch applications, and see when clients and prospective clients are filing new applications. AltLegal has responsive, friendly customer service willing to assist in any way possible.

Nachteile: My only con is I wish that the next task were automatically entered, but since the information is automatically pulled from the USPTO, as soon as that information is posted, I manually enter in this information myself to ensure there is always a next task. Foreign marks and TTAB proceedings can also be entered manually, but as the platform improves more automation is that regard will help save time too. I have no doubt those upgrades are on the horizon.

• Bewertet am 26.2.2019
Heather A.
  • Bewertet am 21.6.2018

"A really fantastic platform!"

Vorteile: The product is really easy to use and they have wonderful customer service! It handles all of my domestic and international docketing.

Nachteile: I really can't think of anything at the moment. .

von Alt Legal an 22.6.2018

Thanks, Heather! It's been great working together.

• Bewertet am 21.6.2018
Sonia L.
Trademark Attorney
  • Bewertet am 27.6.2018

"The best money I spend monthly as a TM attorney"

Vorteile: It's so easy to use, intuitive, and convenient. It helps me keep track of deadlines and avoid missing a filing.

Nachteile: I can't think of anything at all. If I've ever wanted a feature, they implement it. The customer service is amazing.

von Alt Legal an 28.6.2018

Thanks, Sonia! It's been great working together :)

• Bewertet am 27.6.2018
Trevor C.
Attorney/Owner
  • Bewertet am 1.11.2018

"Excellent Trademark Docketing Software for Small Firm!"

Kommentare: Alt legal has completely streamlined my docketing process for Trademark prosecutions. It is almost 100% passive. All I need to do is communicate with clients, and no need to obsessively watch calendar deadlines.

Vorteile: I love how the importation of new matters is automatic...no need for me to input any data at all!

Nachteile: Honestly....nothing. It is great. The email notifications are timely and concise.

von Alt Legal an 15.11.2018

Thanks for the kind note, Trevor! We're thrilled to be working together.

• Bewertet am 1.11.2018
Rechtsberatung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 16.8.2018

"Essential for Intellectual Property Management"

Vorteile: I switched to AltLegal after using another online IP management program. AltLegal is much more automated, seamless, and user-friendly. Customer support is second to none, and the weekly updates of what's going on in IP court cases is a nice bonus.

von Alt Legal an 17.8.2018

Thanks so much for the kind words!

• Bewertet am 16.8.2018
Stephanie P.
  • Bewertet am 31.7.2018

"Great way to keep track of IP. "

Vorteile: The AltLegal team is very helpful and responsive. The software makes it easier to stay on top of IP.

Nachteile: Whenever there has been an issue with the software, the team at AltLegal has been super responsive and helpful.

von Alt Legal an 1.8.2018

Thanks so much, Stephanie!

Eve B.
  • Bewertet am 8.11.2016

"Essential to my small IP practice"

Kommentare: I hung out my own shingle in January 2016 and spent months researching legal tech to make sure that I adopted the right tools for my new practice. One of my priorities was IP docketing software to keep track of ongoing tm, copyright, and patent deadlines. Alt Legal has been such a vital asset. Customer service is also amazing - the owner himself answers chat requests. I was temporarily concerned because there was no TTAB docketing, and he has already fixed that. Now I have everything I need, for a price that even a startup firm can afford. It even sends summary reminder emails of all deadlines coming up in the next 45 days. Can't recommend this highly enough.

von Alt Legal an 8.11.2016

Thank you so much for the very kind review, Eve! Hope all is well!

• Bewertet am 8.11.2016
Board of Directors
  • Bewertet am 31.7.2018

"Saves ne hours every month in keeping track of all of my trademark filings."

Vorteile: Automates many tasks, so the time savings become significant. I can do filings in less time, and automatically keep track of all my deadlines.

Nachteile: There aren't any! Before using this software, I had created my own spread sheet to track my filing deadlines manually. The savings in time alone are significant and worth the monthly software licesning fee.

von Alt Legal an 1.8.2018

Thanks so much for the kind review!

Larry R.
Paralegal
  • Bewertet am 16.7.2019

"ALT Legal is an AWESOME IP Management Program"

Kommentare: This docketing program simplifies my life...REALLY !!!

Vorteile: Excellent tool for docketing reminders for IP and Trademark assignments.

Nachteile: No complaints...Very Streamline and efficient !!!

• Bewertet am 16.7.2019
Nicole S.
Partner
  • Bewertet am 20.2.2019

"Excellent Docketing Software and Intake for any Trademark Attorney!"

Vorteile: I researched several other IP Docketing and Alt Legal is the best! The IP docketing software is the best at keeping track of ongoing trademark deadlines. The intake forms work seamlessly with my modern law firm. It's easy and quickly sets everything I need in one place. Alt Legal Customer Service is excellent and personable. I highly recommend Alt Legal to any trademark attorney!

Nachteile: I have had no issues, I'm very happy with Alt Legal!

Lawyer
  • Bewertet am 8.4.2019

"Has made being organized EASY"

Vorteile: We use Alt Legal for the purposes of keeping track of various IP/trademark deadlines and dates. This has allowed us to seamlessly keep track and the notifications are the best part.

Nachteile: I have been using the software for just over three months and don't have one complaint. It does exactly what we need.

• Bewertet am 8.4.2019
Joey V.
  • Bewertet am 31.7.2018

"A total life-saver for a trademark law firm!"

Vorteile: Being able to quickly review the status of trademark applications and easily access USPTO webpages really has saved my firm so much time. And it makes tracking deadlines a breeze!

Nachteile: The trademark forms aren't as helpful and editable as I'd like, but I hear there are updates coming soon!

Thanks so much, Joey!

Amy R.
  • Bewertet am 7.8.2018

"Alt Legal will completely streamline your trademark practice"

Vorteile: I love that everything is automated. I also am very happy with the intake process as it allows me to get all the information from clients in one communication without the need to follow up numerous times.

Nachteile: I've been using the software for about two months now and have absolutely no complaints.

• Bewertet am 7.8.2018
Daniel G.
Attorney and Owner
Rechtsberatung, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 20.2.2019

"Great platform, better service"

Vorteile: They have made my practice smooth and automated, it has been a game changer for docketing and staying on top of my matters.

Nachteile: Not much. It's a solid tool, the interface is no frills but I don't mind.

von Alt Legal an 26.2.2019

Thanks, Daniel! It's been great working together.