Simple, powerful rental software with fantastic customer service.

Thom C.
Eventservice, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: We are a small AV events company that needed a streamlined rental tracking solution. I looked around and did several free trials and Booqable came out on top. The platform is very easy to use, and being cloud-based means we can use it in various locations with ease (we're based on the Gold Coast so we often like to take laptops to the beach to work!) For us, a huge pro is how easily you can take payments within Booqable. Several other services we trialled required integration with 3rd party accounting software to do this. While most users will probably still use accounting packages come tax time, all the actual payments we take can be processed within Booqable, which for us was a big time saver. As others have mentioned, the customer service is always speedy and helpful. team is always on hand to guide in the use of the software, or to suggest better workflows. They even wrote a piece of code for me to enable me to perform a simple function I required but which wasn't yet part of the platform. I'd certainly recommend Booqable to any small to mid-sized rental operations.

Nachteile: There are features I'd love to have, but of course no software caters to everyone's needs, and Booqable is very reasonably priced. So the following aren't really cons, but just our dream additions to an already fantastic platform. At present there is no packages feature to bundle products together, but this is in the late stages of development so will hopefully be released soon. I'd also love to see some way of managing labour within the system (such as deliveries or, for us, event technicians) that is reflected in the calendar. Lastly a companion smartphone app would be amazing (Booqable is designed to work on desktops or tablets). You can certainly login on a smartphone but the site isn't really optimised for that screen size. Again, I believe that such an app may be released as part of a future update.

Brilliant rental software paired with unprecedented support (it's like magic).

Bewertet am 20.7.2017
Jonathan A.
Rundfunkmedien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Faster processing of rental orders and good integration with our website

Vorteile: Booqable's rental software is intuitive, powerful and very fast. Being a browser based system running on the AWS cloud makes it secure and work smoothly, no matter from where we are using it. Planning a rental, printing a rental agreement in front of a client or creating an invoice is just a matter of a few clicks. The modern UI of the program makes it really easy to understand and use. Our associates had a grip on the system in a matter of hours. Barcode scanning to select a client and to start and stop rental items is a must for us, and Booqable supports it very well. Our company manages over 1700 unique rental products within Booqable, and we have not had a single outage until now. The calendar function also offers a very easy method to check when products are available or rented out and by whom. This is also the only system we found with good online booking integration. Most of our clients use our website to choose the products online, so this feature is essential. The Booqable support team around Arjen and Herman truly are masters of customer support. When ever we had a comment, question or needed help we received an answer in a matter of seconds. It's just great when you have a dedicated support agent with absolute knowledge, that knows your business and your story. I would recommend this Service to anyone wanting a simple but powerful rental tracking solution.

Nachteile: Specific to our unique business segment, we are still missing a few extra features. These include reports, warehousing locations and package building. We are confident that these features will follow as part of the ongoing development of the system and the Booqable team have assured us that they will be available shortly.

von Booqable an 20.7.2017

Thank you so much for the kind words, Jonathan, and for mentioning our support team. It means a lot to us!
We promise to continue to make Booqable the best Rental Software out there!

Incomplete

Bewertet am 17.10.2018
Dean R.
Essen & Trinken, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am in Canada. Booqable is in the Netherlands. If you are not online with them by 10am, it is the end of the day for them and you wait for the next day. I asked about this and was told it was a small team and be patient. Some chat inquiries, even during the normal business hours for them, can take a hours to get a reply. It seems to me that they either have too few people for the business they have, or there are too many issues with the app and everyone needs support all the time. In the end, after months of work, I had to cancel and start again with another app.

Vorteile: The idea of what this software can do is appealing.. it seems to include all the features needed for a clean integration with Shopify, for example. The online booking and payment capture is slick and simple.

Nachteile: Unfortunately, this app is simply not fully functional, and the discovery of that came at a very high price. My application involved listing products for rent, setting up the pricing, time frames, images, descriptions, etc. Then it went live, and only then (3 months of work) did I learn that the client interface is incomplete, and does not work. Essentially, each online order would need to be manually edited and reworked, so the value of the automation is completely lost. Clients cannot create an account, and I cannot therefore define their deposit parameters, or any parameters. This means your best clients are subject to the same strict rules that your first-time clients are, and there is no way around it. I was told that updates are in the works, but I asked why these features would appear in the app if in reality they were not operational. The reply is that we are working on it... next year, it should be better. Next year? Show me a business that pays full rate, gets partial service, and is prepared to just hang on to "next year" as the time frame for completion...

Just the equipment management software I've been dreaming of

Bewertet am 31.10.2017
Justin j C.
President // Cinematographer // Producer
Unterhaltung

Kommentare: Time savings and management. Simple as that.

Vorteile: Number 1 - Customer support. I've never dealt with a company who works with you on such a personal level and takes care of basically anything you ask for. These guys are true professionals. After that, its all still so great. The fact that I can manage my inventory, while also populating my website and show what equipment is available to rent saves me an insane amount of time. On top of that, it's integrated with quoting and invoicing. You work out of one database and are able to use it over multiple uses. It honestly couldn't be easier or time saving.

Nachteile: There aren't many issues that I have with this software. One of things I brought up was to have the calendar subscription for iCal or Google Calendar show not only the Reserved items, but also what items are Concepts. The built in calendar works great when you're on a computer. But when I need to use my mobile, I generally look to my Google Calendar to get a quick glance of whats going on. Going on all of that, a stand alone app would be great as well. These aren't really cons, just things that would improve the experience.

von Booqable an 3.11.2017

Thanks for the compliments Justin, both on our rental software and our team, that means a lot to us :-)
Regarding the calendar; we just released an update that should make it a lot easier to see the status of your orders on the go.
Hope that helps! Cheers!

Easy to use and manages all our needs

Bewertet am 9.6.2019
Julie K.
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The system does a great job ensuring we do not overbook our products. It's very easy to see what we have reserved, picked up, and available. Entering new reservations is fast - this is very important when you have someone on the phone or standing in front of you as a walk in. Searching for availability is also very quick - again important during busy times.

Vorteile: I researched many different applications to support our growing rental business. We rent a combination of Golf Carts, Kayaks, Paddleboards, bikes, and games. This system was by far the easiest to implement and use, and the price is very good. I ran this system in dual with our older method and within 2 weeks of testing, completely switched over. We are in our busiest time right now and the system is running like a champ.

Nachteile: There is no immediate support option. Support can take a few hours to respond. Fortunately, we have had no technical issues, only questions that were not urgent.

Feels like it was made for me

Bewertet am 28.6.2018
Keith S.
Eventservice

Kommentare: Rental inventory management, tracking and online rental portal administration

Vorteile: Booqable was straightforward to set up and flexible enough to cover most of our needs - the trial period was generous enough for me to learn my way around the interface and get most of my inventory entered, so I effectively didn't even pay for Booqable until after I started making money with it. Plus, it's very affordable compared to other inventory management products, and those don't even have the online booking capabilities. Booqable is easy to use and improving all the time as the team adds new features. My personal favorites are the reusable pricing structures that make it easy for me to implement the structure I've been using offline for 20 years, and the flexibility of integrating Booqable with my existing website to make it show up the way I want my customers to see it. Booqable has also been very reliable. The only time I saw any system downtime, it was very short-lived and Booqable provided status updates so I knew what the problem was and that they were working on it. Love the transparency.

Nachteile: Booqable doesn't handle everything I need it to yet, there's still a couple features missing to handle some of my oddball, fringe rental items. That being said, the team at Booqable is very easy to communicate with and have tipped me off that the last couple features I need are being worked on right now, so hopefully soon I can update this review to reflect that.

Overall a very good and intuitive rental program at an affordable price with great support.

Bewertet am 4.7.2018
Sales, marketing en communicatie
13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It's very inuitive and easy to use. It has almost all the features you need to address your needs when it comes to equiment rental. The UI is clean and the program gets updated regulary. Booqable is the perfect tool for our rental operations. Although a stand alone application would be nice, we don't really miss it. The webbased version allows us to service customers, even when on the road. It's the best buy on the market if you are renting stuff.

Nachteile: Nothing that prevents us from working with Booqable, but there are some nice-to-haves that we would appreciate, such as the possibility to pull a list with all products that will leave on a certain day, so you can prepare all the goods in advance, without having to print each and every picking list individually.

Great Product, Excited for Future Updates

Bewertet am 17.7.2018
Shawn O.
Outdoor Pursuit Coordinator
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This product helped us create a customer friendly, web based rental platform.

Vorteile: This program is easy to set-up. I'm guessing that training my staff will be very simple also. The ability to have different pricing structure is great, tags make it simple to search for products, and customer tags will allow us to assign discounts and track when those discounts expire. Overall this product fits nearly all of our needs. The service from the Booqable team has been amazing. The team is open to hearing our needs, and made it clear that they have additional features in the works! The price of Booqable is great. It does a lot, but doesn't cost a lot.

Nachteile: Things that could be improved:
Additional payment gateways. We prefer Authorize.net... when working at an institution, it's a pain to get additional payment gateways approved.
Adding packages. Many rental places use packages to provide deals... this feature will hopefully be coming soon. A way for customers to self identify they type of customer they are would be nice. We provide pricing based on a customers classification. We are working to educate our customers of the pricing... this has to be done on our rental home screen. One more improvement would be a store with some customization. I plan to host our rentals on a separate page, however, it would be nice to direct them to the Booqable store instead.

Fits the needs of my camera rental company better than anything out there, with support to match.

Bewertet am 26.10.2017
David K.
Cinematographer
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It took a long time to find rental management software and when we found Booqable it wasn't perfect, but the staff was very communicative and listened to our needs. They would very quickly send out new builds with features that we requested, and continued to improve day to day. It wasn't long before everything we needed was there, along with a lot of other features that we didn't even know we needed, and that improved our business. These days, you often see apps come and go, and support emails go unanswered, but with Booqable I feel that they are there to help and improve constantly. So what do I like most about the software? It does everything I need it to, but most importantly, the people behind it are A+.

Essential for our cinema equipment rental departement

Vincent L.
Kino & Film, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Time savings, better overview of inventory as well as book keeping.

Vorteile: Very nice interface, simple and yet feature packed. The costumer service is outstanding and also the implementation on some quite big features has been looked upon in a very short amount of time. For our rental departement this has been a huge time saver as well as organizer. Great value and highly recommended!

Nachteile: Could have some more features when it comes to invoices, for instance integration with Fortnox/Billogram but that's just a small thing in the big picture.

Nothing comes close.

Bewertet am 25.9.2018
Ryan T.
Eventservice, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've looked around for a while to find something that I could use with my hire company that has around 150 products. I couldn't find anything that was web based, and would actually integrate with my website for online ordering. Seriously, how is that not one of the biggest factors for software like this? Booqable is amazing. Surprisingly customizable, and works so well. The Zapier integration alone is worth the cost of admission....it opens up a gateway to so much automation, something crucial in a labour intensive industry. Overall, I think Booqable is destined to be the leader in this niche as antiquated and expensive hire system struggle to keep up with the development of this platform. And the price! It's too cheap. I'd seriously pay 4 times this price if it meant we had some more features. Thanks guys, keep up the amazing work.

Vorteile: - Zapier Integration (nobody else has this, and it's a game changer)
- Wordpress embed ability
- Online store integration
- Email response integration
- Price
- Great customer support
- Fast, responsive, reliable, clean

Nachteile: - Lack of bulk product modifications once uploaded
- Custom fields can't be Zapped (I realise this could be a bit tricky to make happen)
- No auto-redirection on checkout completion (to help with conversion tracking for Adwords/Facebook etc)

This is exactly what we needed!

Bewertet am 30.5.2019
Joshua K.
Geschäftsbedarf & -einrichtung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is very user-friendly, easy to use. I can see they put so much thought in, and do know how the renting business works. If you look for a software that provides all-in-one service with a reasonable fee, this is IT!

Vorteile: I like how easy it is to use. It is very straight-forward, user friendly.
We had a small training session about how to use, and all agreed that it was very easy.
Also, we can communicate with the assistant easily, so that we can solve the problem within a day.
We chose this, because it was actually prettier than other service. I literally looked into all the software I can possibly find in capterra, and this was what we really wanted. Thanks!

Nachteile: One thing I can think about is that the company is based on Netherland, so after around 1 PM in US time, you should wait until next day. But, they always explained well on time, and next day I come to work, there are answers in my email. So it should be fine. Another one I noticed was that in mobile version, when you add one into your cart, you actually have to click 'X' exit button to go back to the original page, Which some friends should get confused. Hope this one can be adjusted soon.

User Friendly Service

Bewertet am 2.7.2019
Priscilla B.
Sales Associate
Verbraucherdienste, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: More than one person can use the software at one time. It is color-coded based on the status on the order. For instance, completed orders are green, current orders are orange, tentative orders are grey, and future orders are in blue.

Nachteile: It would be great if the change history was added on each order. Or if it automatically showed the person who made the order without us having to add our initial or name to each order.

Booqable is a great way to manage the rental of your products. Planning, invoicing, communication.

Bewertet am 3.7.2018
Kuba S.
executive producer, director and owner @ studio maslow

Kommentare: It made it possible for me to manage my product rental practice in a fraction of the time in comparison to using excel type time and finances management. I can react fast and accurate to clients asking for quotes, availability and costs.

Vorteile: - Easy and fast planning of rentals
- Possibility to quote, invoice and remind
- integration with website to let clients self book

Nachteile: -Would be nice to be able to customize the online shop further
-Lay-out/design of pdf's (invoices/ quotes) could be better.

Great software, with a good API

Bewertet am 21.11.2018
Martin A.
Allround medewerker
Automotive, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great software with good support.

Vorteile: Ease of use. The calendar has a clear overview of available products. Creating orders, managing customers, adding products and keeping control all goes very smooth.

Nachteile: Some update change thing for the worse. Most of the time this will be fixed eventually.

Useful tool for managing inventory stock

Jessica A.
Company Director
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's provided us with the ability to managed our inventory levels over a hundreds of SKUs, required for hundreds of bookings throughout the year.

Vorteile: We use this for our hire stock and it provides a clear view on what stock is available at any given date range.

Nachteile: We find the software easy to use but would like to be able to use the wider functionality relating to the legal side. We'd prefer to be able to send our clients contracts for them to sign through the tool.

Booqable has transformed how we track our rental inventory.

Bewertet am 3.7.2018
Carolyn S.
Eventservice, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: accurate inventory tracking of everything going in and out.

Vorteile: I love that it is cloud based, so we can access it from anywhere, and is an accurate way for us to book our inventory in and out. Their customer service is great and very responsive.

Nachteile: There are some usability aspects we are working with Booqable to get implemented, like packages. Also, we need it to do more reporting.

Great services

Bewertet am 27.6.2018
Bruno S.
Management

Kommentare: Make money

Vorteile: Simple to use, its affordable and well though. I like the GUI of the backend [not the front end result front page shopping card], I'm a great fan because this software in the cloud is opening great opportunities for both the developers/founder of booqable and the users.

Nachteile: No IDEAL payment gateway, the design is to simple, we should be able to just integrated [extra fee] a premade theme page for the shop. Right now they are no design available and I think that will offer a new dimension.

My take on this.....

Bewertet am 6.9.2018
Sy C.
Eventservice, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great product, great value. Good job.

Vorteile: I like how easy it is to use. I learned how to use it on my own. My logistical and analytical way of thinking coincides with the way this platform is designed and works. Keeping track of inventory and customers is essential in the rental business and this product delivers.

Nachteile: I would like to see the ability to send customer invoice with request for payment but using stripe rather than PayPal.

von Booqable an 10.9.2018

Thanks so much for the review Sy! Glad to hear getting started with Booqable was easy. It's no problem to use Stripe for payment requests. Our support team's happy to show you how. In the meantime, this article might also help: https://bit.ly/2NvLQY5

A clean, easy-to-use, rental solution

Bewertet am 20.6.2019
Sean J.
Designer
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The streamlined UI of Booqable is what sold us the most. We've looked into several other solutions that were overly complicated. With Booqable, we're confident that we can place this in the hands of anyone at our organization and they would be able to pick it up within a few hours. Booqable also has most of the features that we were looking for in a rental solution. And with the option to integrate with Zapier, some of the gaps in functionality can be filled. Also, the customer service has been great so far—even with our timezone difference.

Nachteile: I know this feature is coming so I'm not taking major points off—but as of writing this review, there is no way to bundle or package items. There is a workaround for that, but it involves a human touch which has the potential for errors. But once the package feature arrives, I think Booqable will be perfect for our use. Also, it seems the software was built for in-store rentals in mind. Our company mostly ships our rental equipment so it would be great if shipping features were added in the future. Though with custom form inputs and Zapier integrations, I'm sure we'll find a workaround.

Great for rental business, but lacks nuance

Bewertet am 31.1.2019
Jessie bell W.
Gastgewerbe, Selbstständig

Kommentare: It really is great software for helping rental businesses manage their inventory online, and allows customers to shop and reserve those rental items. However, it lacks a bit of nuance and forces you to find work-arounds if you need something that isn't strictly for rentals. Also a huge turn off is the lack of security deposit feature, which seems ridiculous to me.

Vorteile: This software does a great job providing solutions for rental businesses. My client originally had a Woo Commerce account connected to her site to help manage her rental business, and it was basically one big work around. Woo Commerce had a rental option, but it clearly wasn't built for the rental business and was insanely expensive. Booqable solved this and provides great, easy to use software for renting out items to businesses.

Nachteile: It lacks nuance - for example, it has no feature to take security deposits. Customers either have to pay for their whole order up front, or you have to invoice them for the security deposit and then for the final payment...for a rental business, this seems silly. Booqable help says they will "take my suggestion" for further development. For payments, you either have to turn payments on checkout on or off - for my client, she offers retail items and rental items. Because Booqable doesn't have a security deposit feature, we had to turn payments on checkout off. But now we cannot allow our customers to buy through our site. Customer support suggested that we turn on Squarespace commerce...which means there would be two different shopping carts on our site: one for rentals and one for retail, which is an absolutely insane suggestion to me.

von Booqable an 7.2.2019

Thanks for your honest feedback, Jessie. We appreciate your thoughts on the security deposit and payment features. I can share some more info with you about the development of down payments. It's almost ready for release. Keep an eye on your changelog, as we're planning on shipping within a month. Stay tuned :)

High quality software for an amazing price, great customer service.

Bewertet am 21.8.2018
Myranda W.
Graphic and Web Designer
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: After only using for a couple weeks so far, this has saved a lot of time for booking/managing our rental orders. Definitively expected for the eCommerce capabilities.

Vorteile: The usability is super easy to understand / learn. This tool is perfect for managing rentals, i love all the integrations and add-on features as well. Very well designed. Always available customer service, and the company just seems very friendly and helpful. Very affordable compared to other services.

Nachteile: Wishing it would be easier to use on mobile, for quick on-the-go orders that come in while out of office. Works on tablet nicely though.

It's a great program that makes running our business easier!

Kerry S.
Inventory Director

Vorteile: Being able to customize the program directly to our business is great and the customer service is awesome!

Nachteile: I wish we could click on an item on an order and go directly to the product page instead of having to go to the products page and search for the item.

Great, basic rental software

Bewertet am 4.10.2018
Justin M.
Broadcast Campus Production Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's a great product for the simple process we are working to implement. We are using it to help resource events our church has. I would totally recommend it to anyone who asks me.

Vorteile: I really like that there is an online store function built right in. For us, we are trying to manage a production inventory at our church, so allowing ministries to select what they need online, it generates a pull sheet, with all relevant data, and we make it happen.

Nachteile: It's still pretty basic. It doesn't allow for us to divide things into sections (AUDIO, VIDEO, LIGHTING). It also doesn't do packages that reference existing products, like a Sound system package that includes all the cables and speakers. There are work arounds that are having it work for us, but those features would be awesome.

Our company absolutely ADORES Booqable, it is by far the EASIEST program to use! Definitely worth it

Bewertet am 14.10.2017
Joy C.
Business Owner
Bekleidung & Mode, Selbstständig

Kommentare: We have the benefit of being able to see if a person has come into our business before, due to the extremely reliable customer database. It really really helps with returning customers.

Vorteile: We love the customer database option, it really helps when repeating customers come into our store! <3