Über Wagepoint

Einfache Online-Gehaltsabrechnungssoftware für kleine Unternehmen und Start-ups in ganz Nordamerika, um Mitarbeiter*innen zu bezahlen und Compliance zu gewährleisten.

Erfahre mehr über Wagepoint

Additionally, I initially liked what I thought was a straightforward and user-friendly interface.

Sorry; they're formatted completely differently and unable to be modified.

Bewertungen zu Wagepoint

Wagepoint hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 226 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Wagepoint bereits verwendet?

Ghizlane
Ghizlane
Client Success Manager in Kolumbien
Bau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Ease of use

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

We were able to see our paychecks a few days before they got deposited, this was a great feature.

We did not have features like expense management

Kaitlen
Bookkeeper/Payroll Associate in Kanada

Must Use Payroll Software

Kommentare: Wagepoint is our go-to payroll processor. It is super user-friendly, for both myself as the administrator and for our client's employees. We have 16 of our clients on Wagepoint, and that number is continuously growing as it's the processor that we recommend if our current/new clients are looking for a change, or haven't even started on payroll yet.

Wagepoint is extremely user friendly. They make all the functions super easy to find and navigate around the pages. Their customer support is extremely professional, and I have only ever had wonderfully helpful people. You are able to integrate to QBO and "push" your payroll journal entries to your payroll clearing account. Super easy to reconcile! Wagepoint submits ROEs, T4s, source deductions, WSIB, and EHT on your behalf. Never have to worry about manual payments!

Wagepoint is still growing, and it has some functionalities that are still in the works, such as being able to break out CPP and EI in a journal entry for separate departments, or being able to pull in project codes and times from T-Sheets to classify employee's work times automatically instead of manually. All of the basic+ functionalities work wonderfully though. The only viable method of customer support is through email, which can take a while if something is super urgent. Calling in can get you an 'urgent' status, but you still have to wait for someone to contact you back instead of being able to talk to someone on the spot.

Jason
CFO in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Waste of Time and Money

Kommentare: Run away!

It had the appearance of functionality. At first, I thought they understood the withholdings and filings that needed to be made.

We had issues from the moment we started the setup process (which was not as straightforward as the web site led us to believe ). Many things needed to be clarified and corrected after the setup process and Wagepoint was not available for quick contact most of that time. Customer service is nearly non-existent. But the final reason we left was that their ACH processor, NatPay, suggested our business was related to products we have nothing to do with and WITHOUT PROVIDING ANY DATA placed the burden of proof on us. This happened without warning and Wagepoint simply parroted their inquiry. In fact, the evidence they asked from us was our URL, as if that would have proven anything. I could have given them any URL I wanted. This silly request from an already difficult little Canadian company (Yes, based on Nova Scotia) was not worth my time, trust, or effort and we fired them. Now, we pay them nothing to do what we were already half-doing to begin with to support our completely legal and ethical company that has nothing to do with the shady business they suggested. I would disagree with the user whose review stated you get what you pay for with Wagepoint. I did not pay to be irritated by a service company.

Antwort von Wagepoint

Hi Jason, I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience while getting set up with Wagepoint. As a payroll company, we are required to put all prospective customers through rigorous screening before we can do business with them. While we're attempting to better our processes, there are times when legitimate companies get caught in the risk filters. This might be the case with your company. Unfortunately, as a company policy, we cannot override those decisions. I understand your frustration and I'm sorry that we couldn't work with your business. Sincerely, Shrad Rao, Wagepoint CEO

Gerry
Co-Owner in Kanada

Service Extraordinaire!

Kommentare: The AWESOME support team provides answers almost instantaneously for any questions or concerns. This type of response and caring are beyond my wildest dreams. Very seldom have I had to wait beyond 24 hours for a response, which may ask for further clarification of the question or it could be the needed answer and action requirements are spelled out for dealing with the problem at hand.

Wagepoint is very user-friendly and intuitive.

Silly as it may sound.....the pulldown menus....not being able to use the "triangle" and having to just click into the box has played havoc with my mind. There used to be a "knowledgebase" where you could go and easily find a solution to your problem without having to overthink how I need to ask the question to get an answer, before having to send out a note to the support team. This has now gone by way of the dodo bird and quite honestly I feel it should be revived.

Antwort von Wagepoint

Hi Gerry! Thanks so much for your positive review. In relation to your concern about our knowledge base - we switched systems a few months back, so the KB is now housed at wagepoint.kayako.com. You'll be able to find all our updated articles there for your reference :) We appreciate you being a customer and sharing your feedback! Please reach out if you have additional questions or recommendations. Thanks again! Erika

Tracy
Tracy
Technology and Operations Manager in Kanada

Wagepoint to the rescue

Kommentare: Great customer service and easy use of product.

As an accounting firm that processes payroll for many clients, it's nice to have a payroll software that is easy to use. Our clients love the online portal and we love that employees can update their own personal information. Wagepoint support is great, and helps us with the set-ups that are less straight forward. Thanks to Wagepoint year ends are a breeze.

Reporting, I wish list would be that when I find a report that I like that there would be a way to bookmark the report. Also better reporting that shows the remittances made to Quebec and Federal. Right now this all in on report. Also an approval process, so that once I have submitted payroll, that there was a final approval process by the client.

Antwort von Wagepoint

Hi Tracy, Thanks for the great review. Your feedback on the reports will be shared with the team. Michelle

Barbara
Human Capital Manager in Kanada
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A payroll systems for all Canadians... even QC

Kommentare: Wagepoint has the ability to process all provinces' payroll, a lot of platforms will not accommodate QC.
We had to transfer all our employee payroll amounts into Wagepoint to ensure our T4s would be correct at the end of the year. Wagepoint took this task on for us to ensure everything would be correct. The cost to have this done was considerably less than it would have been if our accountant was to do it.

The ability to calculate and pay QC employees taxes and deductions. Self service- each employee can control their own profile, in the sense that personal and banking info can be amended as necessary. The customer service is excellent. Very user friendly.

When you are submitting the payroll amounts, the contractors and employees are on the same page for an overall view of the payroll to be deposited. I would prefer to have the groups separated as we pay contractors and employees at different times and I am having to constantly 'click- pay or no pay'.. leaves room for error.

Markus
Bookkeeper Extraordinaire in Kanada

Wagepoint Rocks!

Kommentare: I very much enjoy Wagepoint - and if there's any struggles or questions, the support team is a quick email away. Their support team finds you the answer and actually helps you, which is why I didn't bother using QBO's built-in payroll... Their support team is nowhere near as helpful as Wagepoint's.

Compared to other softwares, Wagepoint sorts things in logical places, which in turn makes things easy to find. Learning the layout comes with ease. The auto source deduction remittances have also been a huge life saver - less things to worry about!

If there was a con, like a missing report or details we wanted to see, we simply suggested and asked if something like that could be created... And a couple months later, they actually made it happen!

President in Kanada

Top Canadian Option for Payroll

Kommentare: It is the only payroll software I use for my clients and is the recommendation I make to others when consulting on payroll software. Wagepoint is a great company with incredible people. In the past 18 months I have been using Wagepoint I have had nothing but incredible service and happy clients.

Customer support is incredibly fast, efficient and knowledgeable. Product is easy to use and thus my recommendation for small business owner's doing their own payroll. Reports are better visually than other payroll providers. Great value for money.

I don't like the prefill on the stat holiday calculation based on 1/28. In reality stat holidays are bit trickier to calculate in Alberta than a straight formula.

Isaac
Isaac
Implementation Specialist in Kanada

Very pleased

Kommentare: I have been very pleased with the level of support I have received. In particular, Wagepoint did a great job solving an issue after the recent transition in November 2020 out of "QBO advanced payroll."

I am grateful for the automatic export of journal entries to QBO and the employee classing features which help a lot with management accounting and generating reports.

The setup is a bit challenging and the price is a bit steep for my smaller clients.

Does everything you need

Kommentare: I recommend Wagepoint to all my clients. It is easy to reach customer support and use.

This software does everything you need it to do - it definitely competes against the market leaders (Ceridian, ADP) and is significantly less expensive.

I would like some more advanced reporting options.

Lindsay
HR Manager in Kanada
Einzelhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great Customer Support

Easy to use with tracking hours and importing into the bi-weekly processing.

Processing Terminations and ROE's is done after processing rather part of the processing. It's an extra step and can easily be missed.

Julia
Office Admin, Payroll, Boookeeper in Kanada
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

user-friendly, excellent support. Functional

Kommentare: I am happy with this software so far. And I like easily and quickly reachable support when I need them.

I like the clear layout of all functions, including reports. after ADP - it is a relief to use reports here. Flexible in different payment options

I'd like the software to add functions: to calculate Union dues automatically based on hours worked (not on the amount of earnings). to calculate HST automatically for contractors To add the option "Vacation" paid to Contractors. Unionized contractors have 10% VacPay - I add it manually every week, together with Unions dues and HST

letztes Jahr

Hi Julia, Thank you very much for your review. We are extremely happy to hear that Wagepoint has made payroll that much easier for you. Whether it's the good, the bad, and everything in between, we care about your feedback and value your insights about how we can do better. Your feedback will be passed into the hands of the correct people so that we can look to improve our platform.

Christopher
Owner in Kanada
Essen & Trinken, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great product.

Kommentare: Very happy. Have recommended it several times.

Easy to use. Customer service is quick. Good for big or small size business.

The customer service is email only which I thought would be bad as I have had bad experiences with other products, however it’s quite fast.

Farhez
Administrator in Kanada
E-Learning, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great customer support

Kommentare: I use wagepoint for payroll.. it is wonderful. It pays everyone on time, each staff member gets their paystubs, annual statements etc. Wagepoint also withholds taxes, CPP, EI and submits to CRA on our behalf.. thank you Wagepoint.
Recently, my company added a pension plan, the wagepoint software allows me to deduct the employees pension portion from their pay and manages all that as well... what more can you ask a software to accomplish?

The customer support for Wagepoint is absolutely wonderful... while the software is intuitive and easy to use, once in a while I get stuck on how to do something different from the routine tasks and I am so very delighted to say that the support is fantastic. The support team gets back to me promptly, provide instructions on what I need etc. They follow up to make sure everything is working properly; you don't see companies these days extending their help and support I am happy to have chosen Wagepoint as our payroll software for our company

Small scaling and interface things if I had to choose something to improve upon

Nancy
Founder in Kanada

Ease of Use and Auto Run

Kommentare: We required an online solution for payroll to integrate with our cloud technology. Not being payroll specialist ourselves, we have found WagePoint support invaluable. Their response time and insight is amazing!!

We have found WagePoint software to be intuitive and easy to implement. Their auto-run feature is fantastic! Set it and forget it for salaried employess. This has been a huge time saver for us. We have only recommended WagePoint to our clients since our first introduction to them two years ago. WagePoint fits well in our cloud environment.

There has been no query that support has not been able to address and solve for us. Our payroll needs are not advanced and WagePoint has been able to meet all requirements. We really have no cons to mention.

Phil
Accountant in Kanada

WagePoint Satisfied

Kommentare: The support teams are fantastic! Timely, personal interactions. WagePoint's ability to respond to the coronavirus government programs and processing of ROE's was impressive!

Remittances to CRA ROE submissions T4's

Best practice needed to integrate with QBO for benefit deductions, vacation pay accruals, other miscellaneous deductions.

Antwort von Wagepoint

Hi Phil, Thank you so much for the kind words. It's a pleasure having you as a partner as well! -Michelle (Marketing & Relationship Manager)

Krista
Director of HR in Kanada
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The best choice for a small - medium business

Kommentare: We have been with Wagepoint for almost 3 years now. There are a couple of features that I would like to see added, but otherwise the UI and functionality are quite good. The thing that really sets Wagepoint apart is their customer service. I am always impressed by their attentiveness, accessibility and ability to fix all of my problems!

The customer service and the intuitive UI. I also really appreciate the reminder emails.

I would like the software to pro-rate pay if I have a new employee starting mid pay period. I would also appreciate the option to rollback the payroll if I catch an error (however, their CS can do that for you if you ask!).

Antwort von Wagepoint

Hi Krista, Thank you for taking the time to share this review. We are actually working on a mid-cycle feature that will prorate the pay based off an employee's hire date, even if they start mid pay period. We'll be sending out an email notice when this feature is released along with some other exciting updates :) It is feedback like yours that helps us improve our product. Thank you for all your support. Cheers, Leena

Kevin
Kevin
Vice President in USA
Immobilien, 11–50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Lack of Response Regarding Quarterly Unemployment Tax Payment

Kommentare: Has been satisfactory until this matter came up. Now we have not received return calls, responses to emails nor have we been able to speak with a live person who can assist. We have been advised there is no other way to reach out directly to a person. We have been in touch with the State department employee for nearly 2 weeks who advised us today that she has not heard from anyone at WagePoint regarding this. We notified them of the issue nearly 2 weeks ago and I was informed that someone at WagePoint would take care of it and also had connected with the State department this week. The State employe advised me today that she has not spoken with anyone other than us. The lack of responsiveness and inaccurate information is unacceptable and of major concern to any company. We will resolve this matter ourselves to avoid further adverse action by the State department .

Ease of use, perfect for small to medium size companies. Fit our needs initially.

The lack of accurate and timely updates on a critical matter that could result in a levy to our property due to late payment of payroll taxes by WagePoint!

Jennie
Founder in Kanada
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Wagepoint will eliminate your payroll pain

Kommentare: My practice was eager to streamline its workflows as it related to payroll. We have fully embraced Cloud Technology and with such needed to find an online solution for payroll. Since implementing Wagepoint our firm has saved roughly an incredible amount of time, we now can focus on what our client really want.....Feedback.

Not sure if 1500 characters is enough to mention all the Pros. So here they are in short form: Employee Portal for employees to view T4 & Paystubs and change address info. Direct deposit. Auto remittance to CRA for payroll deductions. Auto remittance to WSIB for workers compensation premiums, auto Record of Employment generation (perfect for seasonal clients), EHT remittances, easy reports to export to Quickbooks Online or other cloud accounting solutions. Employees can divide pay into 3 CDN$ bank accounts. Multiple pay groups allowed. Easy to implement. Customer service totally ROCKS!!! Easy request to auto populate deductions....AND HERE IS THE BEST PART.....it automatically calculates Stat Pay!!! Whoot Whoot!

I would like to see more time keeping applications be able to integrate into this platform.

Deborah
President/CEO in Kanada

We love Wagepoint!

Kommentare: Wagepoint has provided amazing support and service. Their product is exceptional, and their response to any situation is quick and reliable.

Wagepoint is available 24/7, is so simple to use, and is accurate an reliable.

Antwort von Wagepoint

Hi Deborah, We love you right back :) Thank you for being so awesome and supportive as a customer. We really appreciate it. If you need anything at all, feel free to reach out to us anytime. We're always happy to help. Regards, Leena Thampan Head of Marketing & Customer Success

Marina
CFO in Kanada

The best payroll software

Kommentare: It is just great! Customer service responds in minutes.

Direct deposit, reports, CRA remittance, WSIB payment, QBO connection

I like everything. It is just great software.

Jaclyn
Accounting/Onboarding Manager in Kanada
Buchhaltung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great for small businesses!

Kommentare: Easy to use and most clients are happy with the product. Their payroll remittance compliance and accuracy of the information improves significantly over manual processing.

I like the auto-run feature for all salary business as well as the easy to use software for processing pay periods.

The cutoff of 9:00am PST can be challenging to meet. It is particularly hard to make work if you run a Thursday pay date after a Sunday pay period end. We run into issues with this when converting clients sometimes that result in pay disruptions for employees.

Oliver
Owner in Kanada
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Classic example of a tech business trying to cut corners

Kommentare: Theres a "we don't really care, we just want to make money" vibe around this business.

Nothing. This software looks nice, but the back of house is a poorly designed, and the customer support system is very challenging to navigate.

Wagepoint was integrated with Quickbooks. It was very difficult to make changes to any payroll. At the end of November 2020, QBs and Wagepoint separated. I spent DAYS attempting to navigate the changes. I would consider myself very tech capable, i followed all there instructions, but at every turn there was an issue, or a warning message, or a "its us, not you" note. It's now been a week, i still haven't been able to process payroll, I have spoke to 4 "customer support" agents. All they do is take your information and say they will call back. After the 3rd call, i told them it was very urgent and they put me on hold. Then came back and said they'd call back in 3 days!!!!!! All of this during their transition from Wagepoint to QB. Why don't you have additional support available during such a big transition??? I'm very disappointed.

Denise
Partner in Kanada
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Thank you for the outstanding customer service

Kommentare: Love navigating easily to client files and collaborating with clients!

We love that the interface is mostly easy to navigate (for us and for the employees/employers who use it)

Navigating reports can be challenging and changing settings too but customer service is available to help tweak what you need from your payroll program.

Antwort von Wagepoint

Hi Denise, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we'll keep working making the reports easier and even more user-friendly. Michelle

Gary
President in Kanada
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Excellent software and service.

Kommentare: We've been really happy with Wagepoint overall.
It's a time saver and has been extremely easy to use.
The few times we've had questions, the customer service has given us solutions immediately and were extremely helpful and pleasant to deal with!

Easy to navigate. The employees can look up their info easily. No problem setting up and removing rotating employees. Excellent customer service.

I really haven't had any issues that have disappointed me.