Über StoriesOnBoard

StoriesOnBoard ist ein Tool, mit dem du deine ehrgeizigen Ziele in konkrete Etappen einteilen kannst.

Erfahre mehr über StoriesOnBoard

Produktbewertung

Produktbewertung

Nutzung

Haben Sie StoriesOnBoard bereits verwendet?

Teile deine Erfahrungen mit anderen Softwarekäufern.

Matt G.
Matt G.
Project Management Team Manager in USA

Really great tool with continual improvement

Kommentare: I really like the way it allows us to collaborate on stories, releases, and epics. Integrating with Jira is a very nice feature that is better and better with new releases. Also, adding an "undo" feature has been 100% excellent.

I like the collaboration between team members as well as between teams and clients. It solves the problem of telling the release/estimate story in a way that the client can have some influence!

User management is a bit tough. Even as an admin, adding yourself to an existing board makes it necessary to go find a different user management area, which is always strange.

David L.
Chief Product Officer in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Still the best story mapping tool in the market

I like the keyboard shortcuts the most in StoriesOnBoard. It allows for easy navigation and modification of the cards in an efficient way when compared to other story mapping tools out in the market.

I would have normally said the visual design aesthetics could have been improved but the latest set of updates have made a drastic difference. I wish the integration between JIRA & StoriesOnBoard would be more robust for Nextgen projects.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Avion und Miro

Gründe für den Wechsel zu StoriesOnBoard: Keyboard shortcuts! It's much more conducive for a power user.

vor 10 Monaten

Hi David, thank you very much for your feedback on our tool. Actually, we have just made story map creation a lot easier from JIRA projects, but unfortunately Nextgen projects are not supported by this feature. We're sorry that we can offer you a better solution for that, yet, but we'll definitely consider possible solutions. We hope you still find value in using the tool. Regards, The StoriesOnBoard Team

Rohit T.
PM in USA
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Feature mapping in virtual world

Ease of creating releases Business flow maps

No good editor No good linking of releases

vor 8 Monaten

Hi Rohit, Thank you for your feedback on StoriesOnBoard. We're sorry to hear you're not getting what you want out of our tool. Would you mind giving us more detailed feedback on what you're having difficulties with? Thank you & regards, The StoriesOnBoard Team

Jt L.
Jt L.
Sr Solution Architect in USA

Takes the pain out of sprint 0 and keeping your high-level vision in focus

Kommentare: I love this product! As a consultant product owner it brings sanity to an often crazy process of prioritizing an upcoming build phase. I have also had multiple good interactions with the support team when something isn't working right, as well as direct access with the engineering team to request new features.

Stories on board doesn't do everything, and that's why I love it. What it does it does very well and that is giving you a high-level view of your features and epics and a place to work on planning and grooming stories before they go into a build. I use it extensively to drop in features, stories, and tasks that are needed for a product build, often times before the structure of the build is fully realized. Once in the tool you can move stories around easily, split them if they're too big, combine similar stories together, and then push stories to Jira for managing sprints, and pulling the backlog from Jira to organize into upcoming sprints and releases.

As of this writing, there are two features that I need to make my life easier. 1. Stories on Board only connects to one instance of Jira, which is fine for product companies, but is insufficient for consulting shops that may use their own Jira as well as client Jira instances. Support for multiple Jira instances is on the roadmap, and I can't wait until it's there. 2. Swimlanes in Stories on Board represent releases in Jira, and I want to also have sprint-level swimlanes. There's an easy workaround to just use releases called Sprint 1, Sprint 2, etc, and that works, but is a bit more work than if it were a natively supported feature.

vor 8 Monaten

Hi JT, Thank you so much for your review on StoriesOnBoard. We know the JIRA integration is a big one and we're trying to improve it regularly. We really appreciate your input regarding swimlanes. Cheers, The Storiesonboard Team

Jeremy S.
Jeremy S.
Design Studio Program Lead in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Product Story Mapping on Student Projects

Kommentare: We use Stories on Board with our student teams to get them to understand the product/solution better than just diving into the coding. This system allow for them to really lay out the product in advance and then use the map to help everyone know where they are with their work.

I like the ability to be able to easily do the release planning right from your story map. Also the GitHub integration saved the teams a ton of time.

The user interface is still a little clunky. Sometimes you are not sure how to do a task so you have to try something and potentially back it out to correct things.

vor 8 Monaten

Hi Jeremy, Thank you for your review on StoriesOnBoard. We are so happy to hear you found all our educative content helpful! In case you are having trouble finding anything, feel free to message our support team via the Intercom bubble, they are here to help. Cheers, The StoriesOnBoard Team

Kev J.
Product Owner in UK

Useful, intuitive and scales well

Kommentare: Excellent. Their customer support is very responsive.

I manage around 7 products and being able to drag and drop stories into sprints and keep on top of sprint capacity is my favourite feature of this tool

You can't currently can't link to a story from one board to another.

vor 10 Monaten

Hi Kev, thank you so much for your review. We're glad you can stay on top of things, using StoriesOnBoard. Unfortunately, linking from one story to another is not available, but we are keen on adding new features regularly that can boost your productivity. Regards, The StoriesOnBoard Team

Vera R.
Head of Product in Belarus

Great & easy tool for story mapping

Kommentare: I love stories on board and have definitely introduced 10+ people to it during my career

I have been using StoriesOnBoard for a few years already and this is my favorite tool in terms of dealing with complex projects. I love how easy and intuitive story mapping is and how great it is for planning MVPs and Development Phases and sharing it with the team. The tickets are easy to manage and the export options allow to add it as a presentation pitch.

The design might be a little old-school, but generally all is good

vor 10 Monaten

Hi Vera, Thank your for your review! It's highly appreciated. We've been working on the UI and hope the new dashboard has provided a much-needed facelift already. Cheers, StoriesOnBoard Team

Michael M.
Michael M.
Consultant in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Intuitive and Frictionless

Kommentare: It is the best storyboarding tool on the market.

This application makes story mapping simple and collaborative for distributed teams. The integration with Jira saves a tremendous amount of time and ensures that everyone is kept updated with the latest thinking.

I would like to see personas developed to allow for filtering and more complex journeys.

vor 10 Monaten

Hi Michael, thank you for your positive review on our tool. Actually, one of our latest new features includes filtering by personas. Find a detailed description on how it's done at the bottom of our last blog post: https://storiesonboard.com/blog/advanced-user-persona-design-for-user-story-mapping We really hope that helps. Cheers, The StoriesOnBoard Team

Kerry B.
Kerry B.
Scrum Master in USA

Does the main thing well, but needs an upgrade

Kommentare: StoriesOnBoard is a great tool to get your user stories written, organized, and prioritized. And another great thing about it is that you can then import those stories directly into Jira or other project management platforms to begin work. However, the the lack of realtime collaboration is definitely an Achille's heel, and the interface is still clunky. For example, you organize your stories in columns, but if you then want to create a 2nd iteration of the product, you have to use all the same columns, so the work for the 2nd iteration still includes ALL the columns from the first iteration, even if many of those columns had all of their work completed in the first iteration.

StoriesOnBoard is the primary tool used in my industry for organizing user stories, and the reason is because they are one of the first tools to come up with a nice, visual way to view all of your user stories together so that you can make planning and prioritization decisions. That being said, the platform hasn't really moved beyond that basic premise to provide the type of value product managers are looking for in a tool like this today.

Realtime collaboration doesn't exist in StoriesOnBoard. This is a major deficiency of the product. In today's world, tools like Miro are replacing StoriesOnBoard (even though they don't have easy ways to attach details or estimates to the stories) simply because they allow realtime collaboration by groups of people. Stories On Board is really only designed to have one person editing the board at a time.

vor 10 Monaten

Hi Kerry, We really appreciate your thoughts on our tool and fully agree with you. Our new dashboard was the first step towards an upgrade. Given your experiences with the tool, we would love to interview you, if you're open to that. Regards, STOB Team

Idowu A.
Founder in Nigeria

By far the best Story Mapping tool out there...

Kommentare: Overall, excellent product. Would recommend it in a heartbeat! And indeed, I have!

1. The intuitiveness of the User Experience. Almost needs no training. 2. The ease with with one can simulate a real-life story mapping experience on a traditional physical wall.

It's slightly unaffordable for 100% of my African clients. They can pay something, but they always run away whenever they see the price, even though they may have had a fantastic experience during our prior story-mapping sessions.

vor 8 Monaten

Hi Idowu, Thank you for you review and recommending our tool. We really appreciate our partnership. Cheers, The StoriesOnBoard Team

Christopher V.
COO in Belgien

Excellent tool to collaborate with a customer without pulling him into the complexity of eg. JIRA

Kommentare: I introduced the tool more than 6 years ago in the company I worked for at that time and reintroduced it in the company I'm currently working for. Currently it is completely embedded in our process from sales until delivery of software development projects and the ease of use and the steady addition of new features make that I don't see it being replaced soon. So for me as user and admin the experience is excellent.

The 3 elements that I like most is: - the easy of use during customer collaboration during definition and refinement of scope and planning, and - the easy integration with JIRA and Slack - the steady flow of new features and possibilities

It is improving but the administration and management within the tool is a little bit less straightforward

vor 10 Monaten

Hi Christopher, Thank you for your detailed review on our tool. As an experienced story mapper, we would love to hear about your take on internal management and administration, if you're open to an interview. Regards, StoriesOnBoard Team

Senior Implementation Coordinator (IT Project Manager) in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

StoriesOnBoard provides a much needed holistic view of the project work that needs to be completed.

Kommentare: This software gives be a high level view of the work that needs to be implemented instead of just the current iteration's work. It is very easy to use and have the team participate.

StoriesOnBoard filled a gap between the planning meetings and the day to day project execution. Before it was difficult for the project team and manager to see the big picture of the goals of the project as we were either using a physical wall to track tasks or a task tracking tool. Having team members remote, it was very difficult to work just using a physical project board. StoriesOnBoard allows the entire team to see the board online, quickly see the status of the tasks and easily update the tasks. There is virtually no learning curve to use this product, which is very important to team members who need to use their allocated time to do the work for the project rather than trying to figure out how to use a project tracking tool. As the project manager, I also like the ability to export to a spreadsheet format.

We are an office 365 shop. Would like to see some type of integration there rather than just export.

Joe C.
Product Manager in USA

Easy to use, easy to set up, but limited feature set

Kommentare: For the price, unbeatable. Easy to use and incredibly intuitive, even for employees unfamiliar with the story user story process.

Incredibly easy to set up, thanks to the very intuitive user interface. All features are clearly laid out and easy to comprehend.

Feature set, especially communication tools are limited. I wish I could more easily assign cards to a specific user, or leave a comment intended for a specific user.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: CardBoard

Warum StoriesOnBoard gewählt wurde: Pricing and functionality.

Zuvor genutzte Software: Trello

Gründe für den Wechsel zu StoriesOnBoard: More complete feature set.

vor 8 Monaten

Hi Joe, Thank you for your review on StoriesOnBoard. Some other features are now on our backlog, but we'll definitely consider making some improvements to make collaboration easier. Cheers, The StoriesOnBoard Team

Eric A.
Product Manager in USA

Saves a ton of time and frustration. Great Jira integration

Kommentare: Saves me a lot of time and provides everything I need.

It's sticky notes on steroids. Easily the best online story mapping software I've used. Jira integration is awesome. I hate making Jira cards so being able to push and sync the work I do in StoriesonBoard to Jira is a major time/sanity saver. . Overall, it's very easy to set up, use and modify. There are a few oddities about it that are a little annoying, but overall it's been a great tool for me and my team.

These are very specific things that maybe just bother me but here they are. Rearranging releases could be easier (drag and drop maybe), the description section of the card is not scrollable when editing- have to use the arrow keys to see what above of below the fold. Adding color to a card is a little funny. Maybe just show all the available colors off the bat instead of selecting the colors you want to use before you can apply a color. Petty things, I know. :)

Senior Consultant in USA
Pharmazeutika, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Stories on Board is a simple, easy to use agile user story mapping tool. Love it!

Kommentare: Fast and simple to set up and use
Works great for facilitating agile story mapping workshops with business and IT stakeholders

My team used Stories on Board as our story mapping tool of choice for a requirements definition project with a client. We ran 8-10 story mapping workshops using the tool and documenting the stories as we progressed through the workshops. The client loved the tool as did we. It was very effective for capturing the stories, quickly moving things around as priorities shifted or became more clear (e.g., capturing Minimum Viable Product). We used the color coding feature extensively to help us and the client track which stories were (1) identified but not yet documented, (2) partially or full documented but not yet agreed, and (3) fully agreed by the client. It was effective at capturing the major workflow associated with the epic-level story, and then breaking those down into individual story cards. We assessed a few other tools but found them to be too complicated and/or too expensive for what we needed. We wanted something simple and Stories on Board fit our need.

Our client didn't use the tool, so we had to export everything into Excel and/or Word for delivery to them at the end of the process, which was a bit cumbersome. Not really a knock on the tool though; would have been easier if the client would have just used the tool also!

Product Design Lead in Kanada
Internet, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Storiesonboard allows our team to plan and create releases for upcoming features

Kommentare: This software has transformed my workflow from helping me translate a massive story map during project discovery to helping me continue creating stories and building releases for features that we continue to deliver. I can't imagine my workflow without it.

- You can easily create releases - Creating stories and adding pictures is great - Github integration really helps us push and track our stories and how we deliver on them - It is extremely easy to copy your story map into storiesonboard and continue to maintain it from there

- The only only at the moment is that managing releases is not the best. You need to go into a separate menu just to move releases around. When working with micro releases this is a hassle.

Lullaby in USA
Design

Hands down the most comprehensive story mapping tool available today.

Kommentare: Team alignment, quality delivery, easy to see the forest for the trees and keep tabs on project status, and to zero in on the problems and bottlenecks.

Two way sync with Trello, Jira, Github, and Tracker integration makes it an easy choice no matter what engineering or development team prefers. Awesome for bridging and focusing upon product management and strategy prior to committing to development.

The only thing missing for me, last time I checked, was attachment sync and maybe showing card covers.

Scrum Master in USA
Restaurants, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great product for forming a product backlog & visualizing customer journey with teams

Kommentare: I am a fan of the story mapping process and StoriesOnBoard does the right things to allow collaboration around that process. It's hugely helpful for building a board and not worrying about the tool. It's easy enough to use that you can dive right in. We use it to improve our early project planning and have definitely seen the benefit throughout the life of the project.

Love the intuitive interface--easy to search your workspace, cards feel real, two level collapsed board view, story map panning & zooming works great. Good keyboard shortcuts. Overall I'd describe it as streamlined and pleasant to use. They highlight counts of cards, allow you to use labels, collapse and expand, manage users & see an activity feed, etc. Yes, you can connect your workspace to your JIRA instance and keep cards synchronized between map & project. I get the feeling that the team cares about delivering a great product to their users from the updates they make and the tone/content of the newsletter.

Like many comparable software products, you must upgrade to have the import/export functionality or JIRA integration. I also wish there were an easier way to share a snapshot of a board. Sometimes I need to share a view of the board with a stakeholder, I want them to be able to quickly view without having to login, and a PDF or screenshot won't cut it.

Jessica H.
Product Owner in USA

Story mapping made simple

I can easily view my short term and long term plans, and share them with my distributed team. The connection to Jira makes getting the next batch up requirements to the dev team quick and easy.

It only allows for one integration per story map, so managing one product tied to multiple projects in Jira can be difficult.

Venkataramana M.
Venkataramana M.
Senior Business Analyst in USA
Verlagswesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

It is an must have tool for all organizations which have multiple depended projects.

It gives a one place access to get information on all running projects. It has some excellent options to customize and group the cards based on the type of work, Project. The swim lines options is very useful in prioritizing the work.

The UI/UX has to be tweaked a bit to be more keyboard friendly. There are not many keyboard shortcuts. Deleting a card is bit painful as it is a 2 step process.

Jake S.
Jake S.
Associate Product Manager in USA
Medienproduktion, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Using the product for road-mapping and stakeholder presentations.

Kommentare: A clear description of our product road map that we can use to communicate to stakeholders.

It's simple to follow the flow of what we are working on as a product team. The parent-child relationships of the cards make features and functionality easy to define for stakeholders and team members.

Would love to see some more flexibility in how cards can be created and managed. More layers would also be helpful.

Oveis S.
Product Director in UK
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Story mapping experience by StiriesOnBoard

It supports persona and activity and user steps completely and gives a quite big picture of a product backlog

Ease of use Nice and complete big picture of a product backlog

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Jira

Leo F.
Project Manager in USA

Very helpful for story mapping.

Easy and intuitive user interface Ability to group cards into releases Seamless integration with Jira

Drag and drop feature doesn't work very when there is a lot of cards and you need to scroll something down outside the current view. Integration only works with 1 Jira instance, would nice to be able to connect to multiple.

Daniel B.
Sr Technical Business Analyst in Australien
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Awesome product to organise your epics and user stories

Kommentare: Improved transparency and collaboration for our team

One of the best story mapping tool I came across. Very easy to navigate around, manage & categorise stories, releases/milestones planning, Jira integration, export to excel... Has all the flexibility we need at the right price.

While there are some minor usability annoyances there is nothing major to complain about. I would love to see soon some better searching & filtering capability.

Raphael S.
Sócio-fundador e Produtor Executivo in Brasilien

A great product for Story Maps

Kommentare: Me and my team created great StoryMaps with it. It really has all you can ask for in the StoryMapping business. But, after some time, we moved to another platform that integrated Story Maps with other processes of our workflow.

Of all the products with some sort of feature for creating Story Maps, ProductsOnBoard surely is the one that gives the user the best experience and feel for that important and strategic work. It has the features that you expect and the keyboard shortcuts work as they should, giving the user a great user interface.

StoriesOnBoard is a Story Mapping tool. And thats it. As a starting entrepreuner sometimes we have to choose wisely where to put the money. And, for small businesses, paying for a platform that will have only one use in your workflow maybe is not the smarter choice.