Well-rounded event management tool for non-profits, small, and medium businesses

Phil O.
Team Lead, Student Recruitment and Prospective Student Centre
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This software provides a single tool for our department of four to create, administer, and market events to our clients and prospective market.

Vorteile: I've used Picatic across a two post-secondary institutions and with multiple non-profit groups. Picatic provides flexible and easy-to-use tools to handle registrations, check-ins, payments, and communication for your event. The crux of the system is in the ability to quickly create an attractive and responsive basic event registration in very little time. The ability to collect robust, custom information from clients is very helpful. Recently-added capacities to work in teams/groups and to manage events with multiple dates are very welcome. Support staff are quick and helpful.

Nachteile: Some of what makes the software the simplest/friendliest also causes some restrictions - i.e. the survey tool is limited in its configuration options meaning you cannot structure/validate the data, or the multiple parties cannot register together (parent with child, spouse with spouse).

Easy to use ticketing product with a very reasonable price tag

Bewertet am 24.3.2016
Amanda G.
Director, Brand Design
Automotive, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: Our company needed registration for two different types of events, a race/rally and a tour. Being completely new to the event space, we didn't realize how useful the management tools would be. The attendee lists, analytics, and email tools were crucial. In addition, Picatic's interface is really user-friendly. Our team had varying degrees of computer skill, and no one had a problem navigating the management tools. We required support to issue a complicated refund, their support team was prompt and friendly when dealing with our team and customer. Overall we've had a great experience with Picatic's product and team.

Vorteile: As mentioned, the management tools were a huge asset to our event. Now that we've used them we'd have a hard time living without downloadable entrance lists, attendee surveys, Google analytics, and Mailchimp integration. Picatic's interface is also really nice, it was user-friendly and intuitive.

Nachteile: There are a few features missing. (I understand that start-ups need to start somewhere and build up) We would love the ability to add time zones and close an even early. We would love to take advantage of their API for future events - a more seamless check-out that looks like part of our website will be really beneficial.

Simple And effective

Mike D.

Vorteile: Super easy to use and doesn't have any glitches. It is super quick and easy to set up events update them and pull up reports at a glance

Nachteile: Wish that I could do T-shirt sizes and add-on items on the app when checking people in. Its a huge deal for a large event

Outstanding platform that handles my events like I have a team working with me!

Jennifer S.

Vorteile: I love that it is so easy to use. The structure is intuitive and it is easy for my clients to use as well. There are lots of features that allow me to host my event the way I want to - I can set it and forget it! Love the updates that come to my inbox and the ease of refunds and the customer support is AMAZING!

Nachteile: I love it all. There is nothing that I do not like about this software platform. I would love one spot to download reports in easy PDF format for my accountant :)

As an event planner, I am looking for ease of use for myself and my clients - Picatic does it all!

Bewertet am 17.5.2018
Jennifer D.
Owner & Lead Coordinator

Vorteile: - Ease of use for setting up events
- Donation options for fundraisers
- Quick and easy to set up your account initially
- Reports available to event organizers
- Being able to mass email attendees
- Comp tickets easily setup and distributed
- The Picatic app for checking in patrons
- Quick and friendly customer support
- Up to date on trends and technology
- Choice to pay or pass on the ticketing fee

Nachteile: I have yet to find a Con with Picatic. I have been pleased with my experience on the multiple events that I have setup.

The Picatic interface is very easy to use and we have always had great customer service.

Michelle B.
branch executive member

Vorteile: I love how easy it is to manage our events through the website. We can gather all the information we need through the surveys and the Picatic collects everything into useful reports that we can download and save. This cuts down on the need to go back and forth by email with registrants.

Nachteile: In the past we have had some trouble with cutoff times between early-bird and regular ticket sales, but the Picatic team was very responsive and have made changes to address this. We found this aspect easier to navigate with recent events.

Picatic is Great!

Bewertet am 5.4.2016
Gabriella B.
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: I have used Picatic for 2 events now (one Halloween Fundraising Event and one to ticket an Independent Film screening), and I absolutely love the service. The main appeal for me is its user friendly interface and customizable nature. For both events, I have been able to set up very aesthetically pleasing pages with custom graphics, posters and videos. I also very much appreciate that all customer information is collected and a guest list is complied for you.

Vorteile: -There is always support available if you run into troubles. I personally have rarely needed to use the customer support because the set up process is very easy to follow.
- Donation feature and customer survey features are great additions to the regular ticketing app.
- Visual customization easily done.

Nachteile: - When loading a video onto your page, I noticed that it can only appear at the top of the page. It would be cool to be able to imbed this anywhere on the page, just like you can imbed photos.

A classic site for ticketing.

Executive Director

Kommentare: The features are ample for a good ticketing site, and the customer service is really good.

Vorteile: It is easy to use this system. It is great it has different features available. A big pro is that Picatic is always innovating new features for a better customer experience.

Nachteile: The price has increased significantly over the past few years. This has been a challenge for our nonprofit organization that does not make as much money as a hospital foundation or foodbank so it is posing a challenge that could eventually direct us elsewhere.

Great Canadian Product for Events

Bewertet am 30.6.2015
Jane ellen F.

Kommentare: It is awesome that a Canadian company has come up with a way to give events a free service. Setting up tickets & the ticket website was very easy. One does not need to know any coding language making this a very appealing system to volunteer/charitable groups. If you are in need of a simple system, this is an event ticket system for you. I would highly recommend it to volunteer/charitable groups running an event that need a simple registration system with a ticket output. I personally look forward to the system evolving. Currently the additional fields answers download in a separate report known as "Guest Surveys", thus having to merge the entrance list and guest survey list together for a complete report - if you are not good at excel, this would be a hindrance. As well, you can't run multiple events, with different bank accounts, under one Picatic account. As an event planner who has multiple clients, with multiple events, this means running multiple accounts and is inconvenient. All in all, it is a great system that just needs some time to evolve. I love getting my weekly sales reports in my inbox - I don't have to go into the system to see how the tickets are selling. Thank you Picatic - I can't wait to see what you do next!

Was able to upload information quickly.

Bewertet am 15.5.2018
Tracey C.
admin support
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Takes credit card payments and easy to edit. Can pay for multiple "tickets" at one time. For the most part was user-friendly for the attendees when registering, although a few did have difficulties with payment.

Nachteile: Not as user-friendly as I hoped. Had to contact CS frequently because the process to make things active was not super self-explanatory. Event attendees did get confused as to if they had to bring their "tickets" to the event.

Easy to use platform, visually pleasing, more functionality than other ticketing sites

Nashelley K.
Senior Manager

Vorteile: Easy to use, easy to integrate onto website; good flexibility in design; customer service team is quick to help

Nachteile: Some limitations in the functionality, but Picatic may already be working to remedy these - front of mind is that with promo codes, we can't limit the number of tickets that can be purchased with that code, we can only limit the number of tickets that can be purchased per ticket type... would like more flexibility with codes and ticket types. I'd also like to be able to view full lists, which promo code was applied, and reorder the lists online rather than having to download each time.

I've used a variety of ticketing systems this is the most flexible while being easy to use.

Dave M.
Consultant

Kommentare: I've sold a lot of tickets to events through this system. It is my go-to ticketing system these days.

Vorteile: I run a series of festivals and always need different ticket pricing tiers and discounts. This system makes that really easy to do.

Nachteile: Could be some better exporting of sales for accounting. The door reports are great, but I'd like to export out a summary of sales for reporting to stakeholders and export transactions to an accounting system.

I've enjoyed some of the feature as the ticket designer, but our customers have had many issues.

Sara P.
Director of Online Operations & Media
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Using this product helped me learn what features I truly need and am looking for in a ticketing service so that I could make an informed decision on the next company we choose.

Vorteile: I like the sleek, professional look of Picatic. I like that it easily integrates with our website. I've had helpful customer service.

Nachteile: I don't like that it makes me create the same survey every time I make a new ticket. I don't like that to pay with an invoice customers have to click "OFFLINE", which is very confusing and often unclear that this option will allow them to do an invoice. I don't like that I can't customize the email or the invoice that goes out to customers after they've bought a ticket. I don't like how much time I've spent manually putting in customer information because so many of them have had trouble using this product. :(

Reliable platform for hosting events - looks great and gaining traction.

Bewertet am 2.6.2018
Bonnie F.
Chief Investment Innovator

Kommentare: Easy to use for free and paid events, easy to manage RSVP list.

Vorteile: Easy to use and looks great. Great user interface for both event creators and for event attendees. Happy to use a made-in-Canada solution for my local events.

Nachteile: Doesn't have the same level of adoption in US and UK (where I have hosted events before). My audience/attendees in those geographies are still more familiar with registering for events via Eventbrite.

Easy to Get Up and Running Quickly

Sabrina B.
Founder | Consultant
Personalwesen

Vorteile: Picatic is very user-friendly and easy to set up quickly. Its fees are less than similar sites. The customer service is very responsive and they have a great help section for when you get stuck.

Nachteile: The only issue I have had is with the map feature pulling the wrong address even if the address is entered correctly. This has caused some confusion with event attendees but nothing major.

Great design and functionality for event management

Bewertet am 9.1.2019
Owner & Photographer
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, Selbstständig

Vorteile: I loved the easy interface and access to important information about the event and attendees. It took a few minutes to set up the event and start selling tickets. The layout looked great as well! Being able to link between our site and the event page was also very useful.

Nachteile: We had a few issues with attendees unable to process payment for tickets, that may have been on the bank's side but still made selling tickets a bit more complicated. Support replied to requests in a timely fashion to help us deal with any issues though.

Always dependable and easy to set up.

Bewertet am 22.5.2018
Rosemary C.
Director Faculty of Dentistry
Hochschulbildung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Ease of use and ability to track events and budget.

Vorteile: The ability to track attendance and payments and to download lists for use at events. Ability to create and upload our invitations

Nachteile: Hard to understand what was collected and then paid to us -v-s what comes from stripe. Would like to see the difference between what was stated to be the final amount to pay out and what goes to stripe to pay out.

A good ticket system that will be excellent with time

Sam L.
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Go implementation for WordPress and one off events.

Vorteile: Integration into other website is good. Prefer the look and feel a lot more than Eventbrite. Also, it feels a lot more white label in its design.

Nachteile: Lack of customisation is very limiting. Colours, labels, buttons, etc. They really have room to improve in customisaton. Also, I find it very annoying that they don't have support 24/7/365

Utilizing Picatic as a non-event service

Bewertet am 10.4.2015
B W.

Kommentare: Robbie has been great in working with me to use the service for our business card ordering model. Overall it is great. Sometimes it gets confusing when you update things and without knowing, I have to figure out how to find the things I am looking for. Entrance list for example keeps getting re-organized so I have to search around to figure out where it is located etc. Would like to see a way to remove an event date so I don't have to show an event date, but realize how I am using it is not how you designed it. Always want to use the same url after I close the event, so I cannot do that myself. I always have to get Robbie to make it work. It would be great that once it is archived, I can re-use the same url as we use a weblink to send our orders for payment. We do not want to keep reconfiguring the url to Picatic. Being a University department, we are being advised that we have to eventually use approved PCI DSS compliant services, so I hope Picatic will be able to verify this compliance or we will eventually not be allowed to use Picatic. Robbie is aware of the emails I have sent him back in Nov 2014

Easy to use ticket management software!

Barrie T.
Marketing Coordinator

Vorteile: I love the easy to use features and the ability to customize each event to our branding. Customer Service response time is fast with excellent follow-up from our representative. Our issues were handled with high priority and quickly resolved.

Nachteile: I would love to have more editing capabilities and more diverse survey options. It would be beneficial to be able to assign more than one survey to a category. Right now, only one survey can be assigned to a group.

I absolutely love picatic. I've been using them for a few years and have absolutely no issues.

Danielle M.

Vorteile: Their customer support is amazing. They are quick to respond and the software is easy to use for both the creator and purchaser. Thank you!

Nachteile: There are no cons. It's very informative and easy to use. The system is very clear and concise. The money gets transferred on time and I cannot say enough good things about the customer support.

I've used Picatic for Innovation Island's event registration platform for years.

Chelsea P.
General Manager

Vorteile: I mostly like how user-friendly this software is. It is so simple to build a registration page for events. I also like the mobile app for registrations.

Nachteile: Hard to say...I think mobile capability could be improved. I remember not being able to add walk-in registrants to the mobile platform the last time I used the app for an event.

An excellent product for simple events.

Lynda T.
Director, Lecturer and Business Owner

Vorteile: Very easy to use and set-up. Visually attractive and delegates found it easy to navigate to make bookings

Nachteile: No option to provide partial refunds through Picatic in the case of a cancellation fee being deducted. A place is not reserved until the purchase is complete. This caused us problems with a fast-selling event in that delegates had the ticket but by the time they completed checkout, the ticket had gone to someone else who could type faster.

Great service that I have used for 3+ events

Bewertet am 16.5.2018
Marketing and Sales Coordinator
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The interface is really user-friendly and makes throwing an event really simple. We can literally get an event up and running within 30 minutes

Nachteile: We have had a few small tech issues with the service, but luckily the customer support has been really helpful in fixing any issues.

Great platform

Titus F.
Founding Partner

Vorteile: The ability to add surveys to ticket types so that we can create the right attendee experience. We have used these surveys to provide the right type of swag bag for our conferences.

Nachteile: The functionality of the Android app could be improved so that its a more useful tool for my volunteers checking people in at the door