Über EV Reach

Goverlan Reach ist eine führende, sichere vor Ort IT Remote-System-Management-Lösung für Unternehmen und IT-Dienstleister.

Erfahre mehr über EV Reach

With its Active Directory integration, we can see if a user is logged into a PC and which PC they're logged into.

There are a few features that are quirky and difficult to understand.

Bewertungen zu EV Reach

EV Reach hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 133 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du EV Reach bereits verwendet?

Joseph
Joseph
IT Manager in USA
Hochschulbildung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Goverlan Reach - A Necessity for Service Desk

Kommentare: GR has been a wonderful tool in both organizations I have managed. It came out on top in a trial for my remote support staff twice in a row, and has been in use for years in both organizations with little concern and great success for the support techs.

GR has a great user interface with several key features that set it apart from other basic remote support tools. These include: tabbed remote sessions, saved connection layouts, WOL tool, remote chat functionality, observe only, remote input lockout, remote task manager, auto license redaction on close, connection history and abundant logs. Additionally, the concurrent user license model makes it great for teams with part timers!

Having to install an up to date client on each remote computer prior to connection is a bit tedious, but this can be proactively pushed out to accommodate fast connectivity. It would be ideal to allow a "run as another user for all connections" function. If the person launching GR is not a system admin on remote machines (they shouldn't be!) they must enter their admin credentials for each connection (they can be saved per session).

Medizinische Geräte, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Best remote management program, and growing

Kommentare: One of the best pieces of software I have ever bought. It has simplified support and made it much more manageable when many people were working from home.

The software has many features that didn't exist in other products when we bought it. The amount of remote management you can do from it is amazing. It's way more then just a remote desktop sharing program. The software is continuously adding new features each year. The program covers just about all the ways you can communicate with a client (VNS, RDP, SSH, Goverland connection....). You can even push client settings similar to group policy.

Some of the features that come with the software overlapped existing products we had already that did different stuff. We've had to turn those all off on Goverlan.

Alex
Desktop Engineer in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

EV Reach Improvements.

Kommentare: It has been mostly good but when getting into the back-end administration of Goverlan it is highly lacking in Azure AD connection and utilization. Companies that or majority cloud-based have a lot of difficulties utilizing all the functions. For developed Companies this is a huge set back when other systems already have this feature.

The remote function along with the chat feature.

The requirement is to have an on-prem AD to utilize all the functions Goverlan offers. Needs to be able to connect to Azure AD and pull in users' and users' linked devices. Not having a cloud-hosted Repository for Files and scripts through Goverlan and pushing on-prem hosted server. Not being able to see computer information from non-active agents. (Need to take snapshots of users' device information for tracking and searching.) The inability to see device information for offline agents and schedule automation tasks to run on offline agents once they check back in.

Frank
Senior Technician in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Great Management Software

Kommentare: Goverlan Reach has been great I have been using Goverlan for about 7 years now and Reach has definitely grown to be a great update to the Goverlan Management software. I have created a Goverlan Reach Server with ease thanks to the detailed tutorials, and instructions Goverlan provides on their website. The customer service and support is out standing they do a great job to get back to you and help you with any issues you run into. I have been using the software more and more to make automated processes for deploying software, updates, and just remote aide for teachers and students.

Super easy to use, setup was fairly easy, lots of customizations options, very easy to deploy clients and agents across the network from any management console.

Missing integration with Microsoft Azure Active Directory is the only current challenge we face with out our new One to One out of school district device implementation. Another option would be to see devices on our networks that are not part of our domain.

Stephen
Information Technology Manager in USA
Maritime Wirtschaft, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Value for the Money

Kommentare: Positive across the board.

The agent deployment options are very robust and allow us to use different polices with different endpoints.

Initial setup was a steep learning curve. However there customer support for setup was 5 of 5.

Kevin
Network Administrator in USA
Immobilien, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

GoverLan great works for us!

Kommentare: We continue to be very pleased with the product, support and additional feature upgrades over the last couple years.

We have over 100 storage locations across the US. Managing desktops at these locations would be very difficult without GoverLan. The Automation scripts are great! We use it for running inventory reports, pushing software, checking software versions, applying configuration updates. We use the remote desktop feature everyday and it works great.

Would love to see a cloud version as we are trying to move everything off-site.

Giorgos
ICT Architect in Griechenland
Tiefbau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Goverlan is an excellent product!

Kommentare: Goverlan helped us a lot with both of our company sites. technicians and the IT administrator can now check the overall status without even getting up from their offices. It helped save lost working hours and develop other aspects within the It department.

The ease of use it provides for common administrative tasks, automations that cover a lot of installation and maintenance within the company, ease of deployment. Goverlan saves a lot of working hours overall.

it is a bit complicated to set it up for the first time and cover all of your needs as you expect. Also we would like more ready made automations to be available.

Kyle
IT Coordinator in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Solid Product!

Kommentare: Solid product - This is our go to product for supporting our users.

The ability to quickly connect to remote users and offer a quality tech support experience.

Sometimes we struggle with users that have 3 displays(about 20 of our users). The content from each of the displays often times does not load. We have not had a problem with 2 remote displays. We will see if this is improved in the latest 9.50.02.1032 version.

Wesley
Wesley
Head Of Information Technology in USA
Verpackung und Container, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

I love Goverlan......

Kommentare: Overall I have been using Goverlan now for 4 years, and of all the products I have tried out, Goverlan is the best.

I like everything about Goverlan pretty much. I like the fact that I can deploy software remotely, connect to machines remotely, connect to Workgroup added machines, see all the details about a connected machine, add printers remotely, see file folders, run DOS Commands. It is just a great product for an IT Admin to monitor machines.

I wish there was more reporting. I also wish I could see everything grabbing an IP address off my DHCP Server. DHCP Integration would be great.

Brown
Brown
Sr Systems Admin (Infrastructure) in USA
Textilien, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

GoverLAN Reach

Kommentare: Support tool for remote servers (CoLo and Remote Sites), End user support, System setup without leaving office. Simple to use and user friendly.

Easy to use and connect to clients by machineID or UserID, copy and paste, and simple file transfers, great management tools and background scripts available also

Does require direct IP, when using VPN sometimes have to use IP rather than hostname or username, easy to get around though...

Christopher
System Admin II in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

EV Reach Works

Remote support, and automations. It also uses familiar Active Directory-style breakdown of your devices.

It is not completely cloud-based. There is still a requirement for an on-prem SQL server.

Desktop Engineer in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Much needed upgrade our our current remote administration platform

Kommentare: The sales and support teams worked well together and with us to conduct remote recorded training sessions that addressed the areas we required. Their security related documentation went a long way towards answering questions about the product's security features and customization.

The client install across a large number of PCs is very easy to manage. The support team has been very responsive in assisting us to roll out the server portion of the product in stages.

The product is reliant on DNS refreshes at the local PC level where a console is running. We've found it to be a bit delayed in catching up to a PC's IP address changing (from VPN to Wi-FI or vice versa). for example.

Steven
Systems Administrator in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

I love this software!

Kommentare: We can not do without the software at this point.

Mostly we use the remote control feature and the scripted installs feature. Recently we have started adding some scheduled tasks into goverlan to take care of some of our weekly file management tasks we have to do. I have also configured our Goverlan to allow us to remote a users personal computer. We really like this aspect of it.

Sometimes the display refresh is a bit squirrely. It will tell me there is no monitor connected at times.

juan
Network Admin in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Great Product

Goverlan Reach allows me to get a broad and detailed view of the assets in my enterprise. The reporting feature has made my daily administrative tasks much more manageable. The ability to push installs to groups of devices cuts the time to implementation drastically.

When I run an administrative scope, the results are only based on the devices that are currently powered on. I have seen in this newer version that Goverlan keeps a history of information about a device, but that information is not queried or reported when doing a scope. This information is only available when looking at individual devices.

Christian
Geographic Information Specialist in USA
internationale Angelegenheiten, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Most useful remote control software

Kommentare: Reach enables me daily to troubleshoot remote stations successfully. I can verify installations, maintain labs and fine-tune Lab's workstations. I love it!
It is easy to setup, learn and operate.
It has all the functions an administrator dream about. Keep up the good work GoverLAN!

The ease of use and the power of the options/features.

Not much. I did no encounter any problem.

Janice
IT Helpdesk / Tier1 Manager in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

It's really easy to use and makes helping remote users so much easier and convenient.

Kommentare: Not having to travel to remote locations to help users who are out of state or not local

Convenience - many of our users are remote. Having a way to see what they are seeing and to troubleshoot their issues is great. Easy to use Licensing is convenient to keep track of users Observation tool is great when interaction is not needed Chat tool - love it!

Do not like that if you logout as one user to login as another user, you may lose your connection. Connection sometimes randomly locks up, at which time, you then have to disconnect and reconnect.

Scott
Sr. Network Engineer in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Fantastic Product

Kommentare: Have used Goverlan Reach for reporting / planning, remote control / problem resolution, remote installation of software (either individually or in batches). Extremely satisfied with this product.

This is by far one of the best AD / client management solutions I have ever used. Extremely powerful toolbox to resolve technical issues without having to leave the office and drive to remote sites.

Scope actions could be easier to configure / use. Filtering options are difficult to sort out.

Billy
IT Manager in UK
Bildungsmanagement, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Simply the best remote and management software around

Kommentare: We have been using this software for around 10 years now and if it was not up to the job, well, we would not still be using it. I think coming from an IT support enviorment that speak volumes.

Using the console is super easy, and offering remote support and remote management is plain and simple.

I can't really think of anything that these people have not thought about.

Tech support manager in USA

Best tool for remote administration and support is top notch

Remote administration is great. Scope actions work great . Ease and functionality is great. Upgrading to the latest edit versions and initial setup is quite easy as well. Works great with AD.

Crashes too often. This has been an ongoing problem no matter what version but 8 and 8.5 seem to be the worse. 9 seem to correct some of those issues. Would like to see some more functionality from wol.

Matt
IT Manager in USA
Bau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Goverlan has helped me manage over 100 network devices.

Remote access has improved efficiency. Now I can help remote users without having to guess at what they are looking at. Scope Actions have helped me manage software licenses and updates.

App shuts down every once in a while. I have been able to reopen Goverlan without any issues. I would have said Remote Control when computers are out of network, but that is now supported.

Wade
Tech Support in USA
Maschinerie, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

GoverLAN Reach

We are able to remotely administer all of our laptops/workstations no matter wherethey are located around the world. GoverLAN reach has greatly simplified this process for us.

We are not crazy about the licensing model used. We have had some issues in that past (which have been ironed out).

Ben
Instructional Technology Specialist in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Ease of use

Kommentare: mostly remote troubleshooting but also helps with inventory and configuration of devices, alerts, so many different applications. As stated initially we have been and continue to be very happy with the product.

everything is intuitive, easy to find, easy to use, software installs in seconds, no complaints

I wish they had a management console that worked on MacOS

Javid
IT Support Officer in St. Lucia
Einzelhandel, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Goverlan has been a great asset personally and company wise. It provides easy access.

Kommentare: It has greatly improved on my customer relation skills and interaction ability. It has also provided me with an avenue to explore command prompt and power shell skills and knowledge. It also allows me to better inventory my network structure.

I love the new updated feature where you can actually have an audio conversation with the user on the other end.

Paul
Paul
IT Director in USA
Staatsverwaltung

Amazing! Love it!

Kommentare: Saved us a ton of time in supporting our remote users.

Goverlan has made our IT Department much more efficient. We have about 16 sites and it has saved us countless hours from having to drive around and fix issues that take a few seconds to fix. Also, we can fix things before the user knows there is an issue.

My only thing I don't like is the agent deployed to the end user devices do not auto update when a new version is released.

Joe
TechShare IT Director in USA
Regierungsbeziehungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Goverlan Experience

Kommentare: Excellent product, use it daily.

Its a great product that has awesome functionality. It has helped us see first hand what issues our staff is experiencing.

having to install the client on the machines.