Über Bench

Bench erledigt deine Kleinunternehmensbuchführung für dich. Die Lösung synchronisiert sich direkt mit deinen Konten, um so eine ordentliche, genaue und steuerfertige Buchführung zu liefern.

Erfahre mehr über Bench

I appreciate the quick access to messaging back and forth with my bookkeeper, making notes about transactions, and they referred me to Gusto for an integrated payroll service.

My issues have been with smaller banks making it difficult to link accounts to Bench, but this is less about Bench, and more about the banks’ software.

Bewertungen zu Bench

Bench hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 296 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Bench bereits verwendet?

Guy
Guy
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Life and Business Changing

Kommentare: In the wake of COVID I left the agency I was at to do my own agency. While I had my business as a side-agency for a number of years and applications like Freshbooks and then Quickbooks Self-Employed helped me manage things I dreaded tax season and all the work I needed to do every year. During COVID I had to get my business up and going, get clients, execute projects, and get things done. I had zero time for managing my books. When the end of the year came up I dreaded the work that was ahead of me with several big projects in progress. Then, through the service I use to pay my contractors, I found out about Bench and it has changed my business AND my life. Bench took 15 months' worth of books that needed to be done and assigned them to a "catch-up" accountant. He went through everything, classified all my expenses, and had a simple way to ask me to review anything they need clarification on. They pulled difficult things to deal with like my processing fees from Stripe and instantly accounted for them. On top of that, having an honest to goodness accountant and accounting team to know how to PROPERLY set up a Chart of Accounts and classify expenses was game-changing. This service easily pays for itself in the time it saves me and the peace of mind it gives me.

- An accounting team to get me on track. - Tax resources with their Bench Tax service. - A beautiful interface that is easy to understand and use. - Superb customer service with timely replies to any questions you have. - An easy way to review anything your team needs clarification on, I rarely spend more than 5 minutes a month classifying expenses for them. - EXPERTISE, Bench isn't just software to do your books, THEY are doing your books, understand small businesses and bring accounting expertise at a very affordable price. - Completed my taxes easily and reduced my tax burden, it was the most painless tax process I've had in years.

- Communication early in Bench Tax could be improved but I mostly put this on me for being behind. - Having a separate signon for Bench Tax is a bit of a pain but not a big deal.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

We appreciate you taking the time to share this positive experience with us, Guy! We're so happy to hear that the Bench platform, the expertise of your bookkeeping team, and timely client support have taken the burden of bookkeeping and tax filing off of your plate. Thank you for being with Bench, Guy!

Shannon
Partner in USA
Onlinemedien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Very Happy

My Team and I are very happy with the Bench software and customer service. It's easy to use, a breeze to read, and simple to update.

The lag time to get a response from a human being is something I'm getting used to as our world is moving to the online/AI experience.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Wow! We're absolutely thrilled to hear that we have been able to give you piece of mind, knowing that your bookkeeping is in great hands! It's also amazing to hear that your team has been professional, friendly and knowledgable. Thank you for sharing and for being with us, Shannon!

Don
Automotive, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

DO NOT USE BENCH

1,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: The worst experience. They will steal from you and provide no services.

Nothing. They do not know what they are doing. There customer service is horrible.

This is a very incompetent company. They have charged me thousands for services that they have not performed. I have used them for almost a year. I have tried to cancel them and they keep charging me. When you call, no one answers in any department. The voice mail states that they will call you back with in 1 business day. My rep ([sensitive content hidden]) makes appointments and will not hold the appointment time. You sit there and wait for them and they never call.

vor 2 Wochen

Dear Don, We sincerely apologize for the frustrating experience you've had with our services. This is certainly not the level of service we aim to provide. We take your feedback seriously and would appreciate the opportunity to investigate and address your concerns. Our customer success team will be reaching out to resolve the issues you've encountered promptly. We understand the importance of reliable and transparent service, and your feedback is invaluable in helping us improve. We are committed to ensuring a better experience for our customers, and we hope to have the chance to regain your trust. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Dez
Director in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Clean

Kommentare: Our overall experience has been that Bench is personable, intuitative, and user-friendly.

What we like most about Bench is their level of customer service. From setup to now, the team has been here with us and is extremely easy to reach out to. Beyond this, the interface is very clean, quick to load.

There are some accounts that can't be automated, but we understand this. That aside, we would like to see Bench expand and offer more all-in-one service beyond book-keeping and tax returns or make any partners more accessible (virtual CFO, CPAs would be great).

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Hi Dez! Thank you so much for your kind review. We also appreciate the feedback! Wishing you all the best.

Jonathan
Partner in USA
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Excellent Book Keeping Software For Running Your Business

Kommentare: Understanding the financial health of our business has been critical in making decisions both long and short term. Bench helped free up the minimal time that we as business owners have and spend more of that time focusing on our business, which has been very helpful.

It was great to see a breakdown of all three financial statements for our business, both from a macro and micro perspective. Being able to pull up accounts and see specific transactions from desktop and on the go through mobile was indispensable in running a healthy business and planning for the future. The messaging system was prompt and efficient for keeping in touch with our book keepers and account manager with any pressing questions. They were always very professional and did high quality work. Any questions or concerns with categorization and interpreting information were answered well.

I think it would be helpful to expand the software to allow for the dropping of all receipts into our account in order to have a one stop location for accessing and printing receipts for accounting and tax purposes. We were informed that only high ticket items needed receipts, and so we ended up using other third party software to track mileage and keep track of receipts.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Hi, Jonathan. Thanks so much for sharing your kind review! We also appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We have shared this to the appropriate teams.

Samantha
Samantha
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, Selbstständig

Huge help for an entrepreneur

Bench was critical in helping me with catch up books for tax time. Being able to upload reports easily from my bank and various credit card processors made things so much easier, and the bookkeepers learned quickly how to categorize the transactions. I'm not sure when I would have caught up on my historical books without Bench. Going forward from there has been very easy as well. I've been able to link the reports to my card processing software and bank, and get updates as they have questions. So simple! I find the monthly reports easy to understand and its given me a much clearer picture of my numbers.

The only challenging initial integration was with Paypal- myself and the Bench team member had a hard time linking everything. We resolved it and I didn't have that issue with other accounts. I do wish that this software integrated with my invoicing system, so I could easily see where the profits were coming from. However, I use that system's reports to get a good idea of what's bringing in income.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Hi Samantha, Thank you so much for taking the time to share this review! We're happy to hear that we were able to help get your bookkeeping up to date. We're excited to keep providing a simple and easy bookkeeping experience moving forwards!

Kacie
FNP, IBCLC, CEO in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Really Disappointing

1,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Poor. I do not feel that I am getting my money worth.

I thought I would enjoy seeing where my business expenses were going, but so far I am not able to tell what is going on.

No turn around on items I need categorized. No follow up. Slow to respond.

vor 2 Wochen

Dear Kacie, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're truly sorry to hear about your disappointment with our service. Providing clarity and efficiency in managing business expenses is indeed a top priority for us, and we regret that we have fallen short of your expectations. Rest assured, your feedback is invaluable to us, and we are actively working to address the issues you've raised. We are committed to improving our responsiveness and communication channels to ensure that all our clients receive the attention and support they deserve. We genuinely value your business, and we are committed to earning back your trust and confidence. A member of our Client Success Team will be following up with you shortly. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we work to resolve these issues.

M. Brandon
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Extremely happy with my choice!

Kommentare: Overall, really great! They're super helpful. Most of the time they're quick to respond, but at times have needed to have an extra poke to get a response. That is a rarity. Usually, I'll hear back from someone by the next day at the latest.

Having all the data to see my business stats has been really helpful. They call it the "Pulse" which shows you the health of your business with a way to visualize how you're doing over time. I like that a lot. Bookkeeping is really easy for me now and I'm thankful I outsourced it. I just connect my accounts and drag and drop invoices and receipts that I scan or receive into the documents section and they take care of things. They also provide a nice, clean, easy to understand summary at the end of each year so my accountant can do my taxes easily. I have no regrets going with Bench. It definitely saves me a lot of time and stress.

I wish there are some nice comparable summaries like percentage growth or changes month to month, by quarter, and YoY. Prices still feel a little high to me and I wish there was an option for invoicing and receiving payments into my checking accounts.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Thank you so much for your kind words! It's great to hear that we have been able to take away some stress. We've also shared your feedback with the appropriate parties for further consideration!

Managing Partner in USA
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Its easy and worth it.

Kommentare: The sales and onboarding team was amazing. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is a champion.

Reconciliation and ongoing communication through the chat is priceless. The teams are fast and handling things in real time is valuable to the process.

I'd hoped my monthly statements would be pulled automatically once I linked my accounts.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Hi Michael, we're so happy to hear you had such a great experience with our sales and onboarding team! I'll be sure to pass it along to the team, I know they will be thrilled! We're excited to keep providing the support you need so you can continue to grow your businesses.

Paul
Paul
PMHNP in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, Selbstständig

Affordable yet Robust Bookkeeping

Kommentare: I have been satisfied with Bench, and it takes a lot off my mind.

The staff at Bench are responsive and helpful. The software is user-friendly. The price is less than most of its competitors.

The bank integration does not always function right with the credit union I use.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

So glad to hear we've been able to take some stress off your plate, Paul! Thank you for being with us!

Design, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Makes My Life as a Small Business Owner So Much Easier

Kommentare: I started my graphic design studio in 2005 managing our books through a part-time bookkeeper who'd come in 1-2x a month and we'd then communicate a few times every week.. This system got us through the first 8 years of our business. Though functional, it was a time-consuming process. We used Quickbooks at the time, and I could never get comfortable using it to manage or understand our business's numbers even though our bookkeeper was serving it on a silver platter essentially. I've always felt Quickbooks was made for accountants, not business owners or individuals. Once can argue, it's supposed to be "accounting made easy", but it's really designed with accounting in mind — not business owners. As a business owner I wanted to quickly understand cashflow and profitability. Whereas Quickbooks seemed to that and much more, it seemed like I was doing my taxes every time I went in there. So I started looking for options and that's when I found Bench. And Bench, even back then, had already provided a service ideal for a small business owner like me. I've been using Bench since 2013 now, and I can't imagine running my business without them. It's allowed me to focus on my clients and design work which are revenue generating tasks, instead of accounting which was an anxiety-generating task.

1) Uncomplicated Interface — For a non-numbers/non-accounting comfortable individual it's great. It provides me access and understanding to our accounting in a very digestible yet informative manner. 2) Accessible Customer Service/Communications — All the interactions I've had have been professional, courteous, and problem solving driven. It's never "No". Instead if a challenge arises, they've always been proactive in finding a way to address the challenge or question providing options. It's also especially great that you can speak with them or chat with them with no barriers. At first I was very concerned about this since our books are the heartbeat of our financials, and i was quickly at ease after the first few calls and chats. 3) Easy — Once our accounts were synced and Bench had a clear picture of how our business worked, it's set-it-and-forget-it. What used to required a few hours every week for me now has become an hour or two a month. 4) Transaction Verification Made Easy — I especially love how they've simplified this process to almost a game.

1) Cash based bookkeeping. This was a struggle in the beginning since we were accrual based initially. However upon working with them and our CPA, we've managed to stay accrual based and set up a system where we do adjusted entries after filing taxes. 2) Not Quickbooks. This is not really a con, but should make it clear that if you prefer to stay on Quickbooks, this is not the service for you. They will provide your books as spreadsheets for your CPA to work with. At first I was nervous about this, but it hasn't been an issue. 3) Turnover with bookkeepers — Over the years, we've had I believe 5 different bookkeepers over the course of 6 years due to turnover or what seems to be internal promotions. It has not negatively impacted our service, but I do wish it was less frequent since at times I'd have to remind the new person some of the subtleties of our account.

Albert
CEO in USA
Verbraucherdienste, Selbstständig

Exceptional Services for Small Businesses

Kommentare: Bench executives should develop the bookkeeping platform further to include items that allow the end user to have a total experience. I understand that the goal is to lead bookkeeping into full tech. However, I feel that users want some form of one-on-one service where they are able to meet and greet their bookkeeping expert. What I have experienced with Bench thus far are a series of glitches when adding accounts, not being able to delete accounts, and occasionally having to repeat myself when discussing issues with numerous customer support staff members that are not apart of my bookkeeping team. I feel that by establishing a video conferencing feature to the dashboard, it would be a brilliant opportunity for us, end users, to get to know their experts and to limit any inconsistencies while providing a more personal experience.

Bench has done a great job of placing most items one would require into a dashboard that makes the bookkeeping experience simple. Customer service at Bench is by far the best in the market! Staff at the company truly believe in the product and provide the end user with an exceptional experience each and every call.

Platform errors and the lack of additional features.

Medienproduktion, Selbstständig
Quelle: GetApp

failed to file business taxes on time and did not file personal taxes properly

Kommentare: tldr; terrible - incompetent, will not support client if there are missed filing deadlines, penalties and fees. During my sales onboarding call, I talked about my 10 years of doing business in NYC as a sole owner of an s-corp. I have to file extensions from time to time. Bench assured me this would be no problem. They missed the deadline to file my business return with NYC. When I asked Bench about this, they replied that they don't do municipal filings. I asked why didn't my tax preparer notify me - the short answer: he didn't even know NYC requires a seperate business filing. It took several intense phone calls to get a refund. My personal returns were the same. They didn't calculate my estimated tax liability when the filed my extension. I got hit with hundreds in penalties and interest. Again I asked why they didn't notify me. Answer: it was in our disclaimer. If you look at what Bench offers, they are charging a premium for essentially googling information for you. The actual issues you will need guidance on, they don't offer. Furthermore, they will not advise you of critical filing necessities because it's in their list of "disclaimers". Find a local tax accountant who understands your business and will have your best interests in mind.

The dashboard chat and customer call scheduling were pretty responsive.

a bit clunky moving from bookkeeping to tax platforms and not knowing which chat/communication to use when customer support tells you to check your messages.

letztes Jahr

Hi there, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're concerned to hear about some of your frustrations, and our Client Success Team has been actively reaching out to you to address the frustrations.

Destiny
CEO in USA
Großhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Ease of Use and Best Investment Ever

Kommentare: My overall experience is great. this is my second time using them. I had to leave the first time while switching my business format but it’s worth the investment knowing that my books are in order in I can easily track my growth and readjust expenses.

The best thing about the software is hands off. In comparison to other software you have to not only implement the software you have to hire someone to upkeep it/reconcile it every month, whereas this is all in one pricing.

The software may be a little confusing at first but with the customer service they help you navigate how to use the key features. I do wish there was a easier way to download a simple profit and loss and there are some other things that they may not be able to do that you need a CPA for but you at least have all your information in order for the CPA.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

So glad we are able to work with you again, Destiny. Thank you for sharing your experience! All the best.

Jon
Restaurants, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Bench Works!

Kommentare: Overall, I recommend bench to everyone. They do have their shortcomings, but in my experience it can be fixed by not giving so many clients to one person. My current bookkeeper is great and very prompt on delivering my books each month. I hope she sticks around. YMMV, but keep with it, bench is the best out there.

My QuickBooks was a mess. I had brought in duplicate transactions from syncing with square and I was going to need to manually adjust thousands of items. Then I found bench! The bookkeepers are relatively easy to get in touch with when you have an issue; you can book a call, chat, etc. Come tax time the year end summary they put together was amazing. It made filing taxes very easy.

The bookkeepers are spread very thin, and turnover is high. I've been with them a little over a year and I've had 3 different bookkeepers. I had to complain about one of them because he wasn't giving me a complete set of books each month. (They ended up giving a month free while they caught up my books.) It costs much much more than QuickBooks and doing it yourself, and you do have someone knowledgeable doing the work, but all than means nothing if your books are fragmented.

Jean
CFO in USA
Konsumgüter, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best Web-based/Remote Bookkeeping Full-Services

Kommentare: Great experience, we've been with them for 2 years now and we will not switch to anything else!

Extremely professional bookkeepers, easy to use user interface and 100% hands-free. They even have auto-linked bank accounts to pull your bank statements so you don't have to manually send receipts and statements. You can view your dashboard anytime and see live updates on your balance sheet. My CPA loves their books as well.

Sometimes the connection might be off and I'll have to upload documents anyways, and they'll still need my input for returning vendors/suppliers.

Sunghoon
Bildungsmanagement, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

convenient and accessible

Kommentare: With bench.co I've been able to see in real-time our financial statements without having to ruffle through paperwork or calling someone/visiting an office. I would highly recommend this service to any small business owner.

Bench.co has literally changed the way I operate my organization & school. Whereas in the past we'd have to wait, and work around local accountants who had 100's of clients in queue, Bench allows me the convenience and access to my virtual accountant 24/7 online and poignantly clear on all aspects of bookkeeping.

As with all software based services, sometimes Bench can lag in their monthly accounts at the beginning of the new year. This is a very minor inconvenience to the overall experience.

James
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Shockingly Incompetent

Kommentare: I had Bench do a full year of bookkeeping for my company and consulted them on aspects of the PPP loan program. I found them shockingly incompetent. Many mistakes. Much flat-out wrong technical information about the PPP program. It was the most recent encounter with them over the PPP program that motivates me to write this review, to warn the public. They should not represent themselves as PPP experts.

The pros are beside the point because the cons are so overwhelming.

I had Bench do a full year of bookkeeping for my company and consulted them on aspects of the PPP loan program. I found them shockingly incompetent. Many mistakes. Much flat-out wrong technical information about the PPP program. They should not represent themselves as PPP experts.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Hi James, thanks for taking a moment to share your feedback. We always want to make sure we're continuously addressing client questions and their experience. We had passed your concerns to our Client Success Team and understand a senior leader has been in touch with you to discuss this further. We really appreciate your transparency as we work through this with you.

Derick
Möbel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A lifesaver

Kommentare: Overall I am more than pleased. I have no doubt that my books are being done correctly, which frees me up to deal with other things.

I love the ease of use. The portal is easy to get around in and I always have someone to answer my questions.

I would like to have a little more interaction as to tax planning. I understand that it doesnt necessarily fall under bookkeeping. But I would like to be able to have some sort of review.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Hi Derick, we're thrilled to hear you can rely on our bookkeeping team to help answer questions that come up! We're also happy to hear that the online platform is easy to use so you can get the information you need quickly and spend those extra minutes on growing your business. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience!

Christina
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Seamless Bookkeeping

Kommentare: My experience has been overall positive! My bookkeeper is there when I need him and always professional and friendly!

Simply put, Bench took a headache away and made managing my bookkeeping easy and seamless. It also encourages me to be more aware of receivables and expenses + I really appreciate that I can check my books at any time, day or night. The overall look of the site is clean and approachable, and the interface is simple.

A few times my bank accounts have come "unlinked" somehow and I've had to go back in and link them.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Hi Christina! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us! We've passed this along to your bookkeeping team, and I know they will be thrilled to hear this!

Patrick
CEO in Portugal

Awesome tool, great customer service, and affordable!

What I love the most is the customer service. Despite this being a "bookkeeping software/tool", you get a dedicated accountant. Executives are so responsive. Every time I have a question, I get a response that same day. The platform is also easy to use, and the interface makes it really easy to upload documents, download reports, etc. Really recommend!

One small issue is the capabilities. If you have highly complex bookkeeping needs (a unique situation or business model), this may not work for you. This doesn't matter for 99% of businesses.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Hi Patrick - This is so lovely to hear! We're so glad we've been able to help take bookkeeping off of your plate. I've passed this on to Michael and your team, and you've made their day. - SP

Jay
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Life Saver

Kommentare: nothing short of great.

The Bench team was there every step to explain what the software did, how to use it and what they need from me. I am super busy so I needed hand holding and that's exactly what the bench team did.

I had to do some of the integrations manually, such as sending over bank statements, but I would to have had to do this with a regular bookeeper anyway.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Hi Jay! Thanks for the glowing review. Thanks for being with us!

Automotive, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good software

Kommentare: Pleasant experience. Fix times need to be shorter.

The reporting tools are very clear. Very easy to upload new documents

Time to prepare full report of prior month takes a few weeks. Certain expenses are repetitively miscategorized.

Ali
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Love the ease of use!

After months of frustration with our old software, we switched to Bench and have been so happy. It is easy to use, painless, and so convenient.

So far I am completely happy, no cons yet!

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Hi Ali, we're thrilled to hear we could make the process seamless and that it's easy to use. We love working with you and are excited to see what comes next for you and your business!

No more all-nighters at tax time! Easy to use, great support team, no more headaches.

The interface is clean and easy. Submitting expenses is easy and in most cases automated. My team, led by customer rep, is very responsive.

The only thing and I'm splitting hairs is that for more detailed ecommerce analytics, I need to either go to my ecommerce platform and/or pull other data for company performance. It would be helpful to be in one place. But that's a tall order for the great Bench price.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Thank you for the review! We're excited to hear your books are no longer keeping you up at night. I've passed along your feedback regarding ecommerce analytics to our development team as well. - SP