Über Bench

Bench erledigt deine Kleinunternehmensbuchführung für dich. Die Lösung synchronisiert sich direkt mit deinen Konten, um so eine ordentliche, genaue und steuerfertige Buchführung zu liefern.

Erfahre mehr über Bench

I appreciate the quick access to messaging back and forth with my bookkeeper, making notes about transactions, and they referred me to Gusto for an integrated payroll service.

My issues have been with smaller banks making it difficult to link accounts to Bench, but this is less about Bench, and more about the banks’ software.

Bewertungen zu Bench

Bench hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 306 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Bench bereits verwendet?

Guy
Guy
President in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Life and Business Changing

Kommentare: In the wake of COVID I left the agency I was at to do my own agency. While I had my business as a side-agency for a number of years and applications like Freshbooks and then Quickbooks Self-Employed helped me manage things I dreaded tax season and all the work I needed to do every year. During COVID I had to get my business up and going, get clients, execute projects, and get things done. I had zero time for managing my books. When the end of the year came up I dreaded the work that was ahead of me with several big projects in progress. Then, through the service I use to pay my contractors, I found out about Bench and it has changed my business AND my life. Bench took 15 months' worth of books that needed to be done and assigned them to a "catch-up" accountant. He went through everything, classified all my expenses, and had a simple way to ask me to review anything they need clarification on. They pulled difficult things to deal with like my processing fees from Stripe and instantly accounted for them. On top of that, having an honest to goodness accountant and accounting team to know how to PROPERLY set up a Chart of Accounts and classify expenses was game-changing. This service easily pays for itself in the time it saves me and the peace of mind it gives me.

- An accounting team to get me on track. - Tax resources with their Bench Tax service. - A beautiful interface that is easy to understand and use. - Superb customer service with timely replies to any questions you have. - An easy way to review anything your team needs clarification on, I rarely spend more than 5 minutes a month classifying expenses for them. - EXPERTISE, Bench isn't just software to do your books, THEY are doing your books, understand small businesses and bring accounting expertise at a very affordable price. - Completed my taxes easily and reduced my tax burden, it was the most painless tax process I've had in years.

- Communication early in Bench Tax could be improved but I mostly put this on me for being behind. - Having a separate signon for Bench Tax is a bit of a pain but not a big deal.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

We appreciate you taking the time to share this positive experience with us, Guy! We're so happy to hear that the Bench platform, the expertise of your bookkeeping team, and timely client support have taken the burden of bookkeeping and tax filing off of your plate. Thank you for being with Bench, Guy!

Steve
Unternehmensberatung, Selbstständig

Friendly, helpful staff. Software is nicely designed and easy to use. It's too expensive.

Kommentare: Overall, I've been very impressed with Bench. The people, organization, resources, and software are top-notch. The price, however, is too much for someone who is self-employed or a small business owner with limited transactions. I understand that you generally get what you pay for, but I don't feel that you get 10x the value over self-managed bookkeeping using Quickbooks, Freshbooks, or Wave bookkeeping software. Excellent product -- it's just not for everyone.

Everyone I worked with to understand and use the bookkeeping software was friendly, professional, and helpful. The dashboard analytics was very easy to understand and is very appealing. I also like that I can export all data into a single workbook (summaries and itemized transactions).

I don't like that the product is so expensive. Depending on how large your business is and how many transactions you're managing, this product may be too expensive. For example, I've used Quickbooks Self-Employed for years and it's under $20/mo. In comparison, Bench (without any promotions) is hundreds of dollars per month. Granted, they are provided professional bookkeeping services as well as the software, but for a business with 50 transactions per month, it is a little overkill. It's really the only thing I don't love about Bench.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Hi Steve, thank you for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear that your team has been friendly, professional, and helpful. And that you are finding our User Interface to be appealing and easy to use. We're concerned to hear that you feel as though you are not experiencing the price to the relative value of our product. A member of our Client Success Team will be reaching out to you shortly.

Scott
Owner in Kanada
Design, Selbstständig

Bench has let me down

1,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: It almost ruined my business working with Bench. I wish I would have known sooner that they are not a good book keeping company. No real time insights. My last completed books were in 2021! I'm still waiting on 2022 and 2023 to be done. Why did I keep giving them a chance?

Back in 2020-21 they were fine, I had one point of contact and reminders to upload information.

My books have not been completed for tax years 2022 or 2023 yet. My taxes were filed incorrectly for 2022 and it almost ruined my business due to over paying taxes. I've had 6 different book keepers in as many months. No humans working on my books. Books never get done and can't trust the results.

Giuliano
Customer Care Rep in USA
Telekommunikation, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

My Experience With Bench

With Bench handling all our accounting needs is easy It makes financial reporting easy

Not a single issue with Bench. It is has has been very swift.

Shannon
Partner in USA
Onlinemedien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Very Happy

My Team and I are very happy with the Bench software and customer service. It's easy to use, a breeze to read, and simple to update.

The lag time to get a response from a human being is something I'm getting used to as our world is moving to the online/AI experience.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Wow! We're absolutely thrilled to hear that we have been able to give you piece of mind, knowing that your bookkeeping is in great hands! It's also amazing to hear that your team has been professional, friendly and knowledgable. Thank you for sharing and for being with us, Shannon!

Dez
Director in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Clean

Kommentare: Our overall experience has been that Bench is personable, intuitative, and user-friendly.

What we like most about Bench is their level of customer service. From setup to now, the team has been here with us and is extremely easy to reach out to. Beyond this, the interface is very clean, quick to load.

There are some accounts that can't be automated, but we understand this. That aside, we would like to see Bench expand and offer more all-in-one service beyond book-keeping and tax returns or make any partners more accessible (virtual CFO, CPAs would be great).

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Hi Dez! Thank you so much for your kind review. We also appreciate the feedback! Wishing you all the best.

Samantha
Samantha
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, Selbstständig

Huge help for an entrepreneur

Bench was critical in helping me with catch up books for tax time. Being able to upload reports easily from my bank and various credit card processors made things so much easier, and the bookkeepers learned quickly how to categorize the transactions. I'm not sure when I would have caught up on my historical books without Bench. Going forward from there has been very easy as well. I've been able to link the reports to my card processing software and bank, and get updates as they have questions. So simple! I find the monthly reports easy to understand and its given me a much clearer picture of my numbers.

The only challenging initial integration was with Paypal- myself and the Bench team member had a hard time linking everything. We resolved it and I didn't have that issue with other accounts. I do wish that this software integrated with my invoicing system, so I could easily see where the profits were coming from. However, I use that system's reports to get a good idea of what's bringing in income.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Hi Samantha, Thank you so much for taking the time to share this review! We're happy to hear that we were able to help get your bookkeeping up to date. We're excited to keep providing a simple and easy bookkeeping experience moving forwards!

Managing Partner in USA
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Its easy and worth it.

Kommentare: The sales and onboarding team was amazing. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is a champion.

Reconciliation and ongoing communication through the chat is priceless. The teams are fast and handling things in real time is valuable to the process.

I'd hoped my monthly statements would be pulled automatically once I linked my accounts.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Hi Michael, we're so happy to hear you had such a great experience with our sales and onboarding team! I'll be sure to pass it along to the team, I know they will be thrilled! We're excited to keep providing the support you need so you can continue to grow your businesses.

Paul
Paul
PMHNP in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, Selbstständig

Affordable yet Robust Bookkeeping

Kommentare: I have been satisfied with Bench, and it takes a lot off my mind.

The staff at Bench are responsive and helpful. The software is user-friendly. The price is less than most of its competitors.

The bank integration does not always function right with the credit union I use.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

So glad to hear we've been able to take some stress off your plate, Paul! Thank you for being with us!

Denissa
Bench is lifer. in Philippinen
Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Bench is lifer.

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Experience mixed emotions, I am happy coz finally it's really approachable

The way that the brand approach costumer

Everything is okay with Bench. The quality, the sustainability an

aimee
Essen & Trinken, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Helpful but pricey

Kommentare: Generally my experience has been good. The device is expensive compared to other bookkeeping devices. My biggest concern is that in working with the company you get handed off to several different staff. It has been hard to build a relationship with my bookkeeper for this reason. I’ve found that I have to reexplain a number of our specifics over and over again because I am working with new people within the company. It would be better to be assigned to one bookkeeper, especially in our case, which included historical books and present day books. My business isnt open yet but some of the limitations in the software (particularly a lack of an A/P system) cause concern for me in considering continuing use once we are open.

I like that the online interface is user friendly, albeit a little glitchy.

Software is glitchy and could use a bit of tweaking in order to ensure that it is more effective.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Hi Aimee, thank you for taking the time to share this with us! We're so happy to hear that you had a seamless experience with your historical bookkeeping. Regarding bookkeeper turnover, we completely understand how this can be frustrating in terms of user experience and this transition process is something we're actively working on improving. Building that working relationship with your bookkeeper is, understandably, quite important which is why we often recommend scheduling monthly check-in calls with your team!

Design, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Makes My Life as a Small Business Owner So Much Easier

Kommentare: I started my graphic design studio in 2005 managing our books through a part-time bookkeeper who'd come in 1-2x a month and we'd then communicate a few times every week.. This system got us through the first 8 years of our business. Though functional, it was a time-consuming process. We used Quickbooks at the time, and I could never get comfortable using it to manage or understand our business's numbers even though our bookkeeper was serving it on a silver platter essentially. I've always felt Quickbooks was made for accountants, not business owners or individuals. Once can argue, it's supposed to be "accounting made easy", but it's really designed with accounting in mind — not business owners. As a business owner I wanted to quickly understand cashflow and profitability. Whereas Quickbooks seemed to that and much more, it seemed like I was doing my taxes every time I went in there. So I started looking for options and that's when I found Bench. And Bench, even back then, had already provided a service ideal for a small business owner like me. I've been using Bench since 2013 now, and I can't imagine running my business without them. It's allowed me to focus on my clients and design work which are revenue generating tasks, instead of accounting which was an anxiety-generating task.

1) Uncomplicated Interface — For a non-numbers/non-accounting comfortable individual it's great. It provides me access and understanding to our accounting in a very digestible yet informative manner. 2) Accessible Customer Service/Communications — All the interactions I've had have been professional, courteous, and problem solving driven. It's never "No". Instead if a challenge arises, they've always been proactive in finding a way to address the challenge or question providing options. It's also especially great that you can speak with them or chat with them with no barriers. At first I was very concerned about this since our books are the heartbeat of our financials, and i was quickly at ease after the first few calls and chats. 3) Easy — Once our accounts were synced and Bench had a clear picture of how our business worked, it's set-it-and-forget-it. What used to required a few hours every week for me now has become an hour or two a month. 4) Transaction Verification Made Easy — I especially love how they've simplified this process to almost a game.

1) Cash based bookkeeping. This was a struggle in the beginning since we were accrual based initially. However upon working with them and our CPA, we've managed to stay accrual based and set up a system where we do adjusted entries after filing taxes. 2) Not Quickbooks. This is not really a con, but should make it clear that if you prefer to stay on Quickbooks, this is not the service for you. They will provide your books as spreadsheets for your CPA to work with. At first I was nervous about this, but it hasn't been an issue. 3) Turnover with bookkeepers — Over the years, we've had I believe 5 different bookkeepers over the course of 6 years due to turnover or what seems to be internal promotions. It has not negatively impacted our service, but I do wish it was less frequent since at times I'd have to remind the new person some of the subtleties of our account.

Amber
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Warning: Do Not Use Bench Tax Services

Kommentare: I use it because I've already paid for the tax return to be filed with them for 2022 and don't want to have to pay twice to have it filed. I will never use them again for a tax return and feel their ability to offer this service should be revoked as I have never worked with a more unprofessional tax service.

After months of back and forth with their accounting team I was finally put with an account manager who knows what they are doing and can communicate effectively

They are incapable of filing an accurate tax return. It is now August and they are still figuring out how to file my 2022 return. Each time they send anything over there are multiple errors they need to fix. Their response times are abysmal and their team has little to no knowledge about actual tax compliance and filling.

vor 11 Monaten

Hi Amber, thank you for taking the time to continue to share your feedback with us. We're sorry to hear about your experience and are currently looking into it. A member of our Client Success team is in active communication with you regarding this situation, and if you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know.

Albert
Verbraucherdienste, Selbstständig

Exceptional Services for Small Businesses

Kommentare: Bench executives should develop the bookkeeping platform further to include items that allow the end user to have a total experience. I understand that the goal is to lead bookkeeping into full tech. However, I feel that users want some form of one-on-one service where they are able to meet and greet their bookkeeping expert. What I have experienced with Bench thus far are a series of glitches when adding accounts, not being able to delete accounts, and occasionally having to repeat myself when discussing issues with numerous customer support staff members that are not apart of my bookkeeping team. I feel that by establishing a video conferencing feature to the dashboard, it would be a brilliant opportunity for us, end users, to get to know their experts and to limit any inconsistencies while providing a more personal experience.

Bench has done a great job of placing most items one would require into a dashboard that makes the bookkeeping experience simple. Customer service at Bench is by far the best in the market! Staff at the company truly believe in the product and provide the end user with an exceptional experience each and every call.

Platform errors and the lack of additional features.

Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Bench Service has drastically deteriorated

Kommentare: Their service level has gone down substantially. We have used them for years, but this year its been absolutely horrible.

cost, ease of use, connection to other platforms

only cash basis accounting. They do not do accrual. Their service for anything like updating balance sheets with loans, etc is awful. Getting in touch with them via email or phone is next to impossible. It didnt used to be that way.

vor 9 Monaten

Hello! Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. We regret to hear that this has been your experience with us, and would like to make things right. Please email us at client.care@bench.co so we can assist you!

Joshua
Gastgewerbe, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Bench is Amazing

Kommentare: Bench is amazing. As a small business owner I was spending too much time categorizing expenses and correctly documenting items for the P&L or balance statement. Bench offers such an amazing service and any time I had a question or issue my Bench specialist was right there. I would highly recommend Bench to anyone who needs bookkeeping services (and their tax team is amazing as well). Couple all of that with their service team's (big shout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) genuine care for you and your company and you have kind of a no brainer.

The platform is intuitive and easy to use. You speak directly with the individual managing your account, which is nice for continuity. Any discrepancies are easily adjusted or annotated. It exports to multiple file types for integration with other platforms. It links with your accounts so you don't have to manually input everything. AND THEIR TEAM ACTUALLY CARES ABOUT YOU, which is a breath of fresh air.

Sometimes there are functionality issues with linked accounts, but usually it is because of the security protocols of the bank or account.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Wow! Thank you so much, Joshua. We are absolutely thrilled to hear about your experience. We're excited to keep providing the support you need so you can continue to grow your business!

Luisa
COO in USA
Gastgewerbe, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Accounting for Startups

We transitioned from a traditional outsourced bookkeeper to Bench and love the ability to go in and view our reports quick and easy. The team is also much quicker to finish month end reports and responds quickly.

The onboarding process was a bit difficult. We had to adjust our expense categories to match. We would like to use the accrual accounting adjustment but haven't been able to get help with this yet.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Wow! We're absolutely thrilled to hear that we have been able to give you peace of mind, knowing that your bookkeeping is in great hands! It's also amazing to hear that your team has been professional, friendly and knowledgable. Thank you for sharing and for being with us, Luisa!

Patricia
Business Owner in USA
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Excellent Solution for Tracking Business Expenses

Kommentare: Bench has set my mind at ease that all of my business costs and expenditures are being accounted for successfully and tracked.

Very easy to use . This product has been very useful for me to track all business expenses and have all of the required audits of my accounts while also producing annual earnings reports. Very professional.

It would be nice if the system was able to read the memos for checks written to determine the purpose for the expenditure rather than the business owner having to review each check and identify its purpose for the business.

Michelle
Essen & Trinken, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Stay away from Bench.co !!

Kommentare: Was great for years. 2022 to 2024 has been a sad decline for them and its left is starting from scratch since their system won't integrate into any other programs

Bookkeepers were friendly but they didn't have the support to follow through on topics discussed in calls

Quality has plummeted in the last two years. Customer service team is the absolute worst i have ever encountered. We have asked to speak to [sensitive content hidden]'s supervisor, but he won't. She is rude, condescending and knows nothing about bookkeeping

James
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Shockingly Incompetent

Kommentare: I had Bench do a full year of bookkeeping for my company and consulted them on aspects of the PPP loan program. I found them shockingly incompetent. Many mistakes. Much flat-out wrong technical information about the PPP program. It was the most recent encounter with them over the PPP program that motivates me to write this review, to warn the public. They should not represent themselves as PPP experts.

The pros are beside the point because the cons are so overwhelming.

I had Bench do a full year of bookkeeping for my company and consulted them on aspects of the PPP loan program. I found them shockingly incompetent. Many mistakes. Much flat-out wrong technical information about the PPP program. They should not represent themselves as PPP experts.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Hi James, thanks for taking a moment to share your feedback. We always want to make sure we're continuously addressing client questions and their experience. We had passed your concerns to our Client Success Team and understand a senior leader has been in touch with you to discuss this further. We really appreciate your transparency as we work through this with you.

Missy
Founder & CEO in USA
Alternative Medizin, Selbstständig

Takes the hassle work out of financial reporting

Kommentare: Overall Bench has helped me to track and monitor my business financials. Tax seasons has been a breeze the last two years with Bench - something a lot of freelancers struggle with.

- no need to use quickbooks - friendly and responsive staff when issues arise - individual bookkeeper assigned to your account - user interface is friendly and accessible - reporting features are solid - costs less than hiring your own bookkeeper - affordable rates which are advantageous for small businesses

- auto syncing does not connect w Capital One bak accounts which results oftentimes a 2-3 week lag in getting monthly reports back - only retrospective reporting; no prospective budgeting features (need to use separate software) - does not provide tax accounting services; only bookkeeping - cannot easily customize revenue subledgers without discussing w accountant - no categories of fixed/variable expenses - cannot upload documents via mobile devices

Christina
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Seamless Bookkeeping

Kommentare: My experience has been overall positive! My bookkeeper is there when I need him and always professional and friendly!

Simply put, Bench took a headache away and made managing my bookkeeping easy and seamless. It also encourages me to be more aware of receivables and expenses + I really appreciate that I can check my books at any time, day or night. The overall look of the site is clean and approachable, and the interface is simple.

A few times my bank accounts have come "unlinked" somehow and I've had to go back in and link them.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Hi Christina! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us! We've passed this along to your bookkeeping team, and I know they will be thrilled to hear this!

Patrick
CEO in Portugal

Awesome tool, great customer service, and affordable!

What I love the most is the customer service. Despite this being a "bookkeeping software/tool", you get a dedicated accountant. Executives are so responsive. Every time I have a question, I get a response that same day. The platform is also easy to use, and the interface makes it really easy to upload documents, download reports, etc. Really recommend!

One small issue is the capabilities. If you have highly complex bookkeeping needs (a unique situation or business model), this may not work for you. This doesn't matter for 99% of businesses.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Hi Patrick - This is so lovely to hear! We're so glad we've been able to help take bookkeeping off of your plate. I've passed this on to Michael and your team, and you've made their day. - SP

Jay
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Life Saver

Kommentare: nothing short of great.

The Bench team was there every step to explain what the software did, how to use it and what they need from me. I am super busy so I needed hand holding and that's exactly what the bench team did.

I had to do some of the integrations manually, such as sending over bank statements, but I would to have had to do this with a regular bookeeper anyway.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Hi Jay! Thanks for the glowing review. Thanks for being with us!

Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

RUN FAR FAR AWAY!

Nothing food to say honestly. Never got it off the ground. When I asked for a refund it was a hassle

If you look around and have your ducks in a row you will find these people are price gouging businesses and their pricing tactics are horribly unfair to the prospective customer. My best advice is RUN FAR FAR AWAY!

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Hi George, I'm really sorry that your initial Onboarding experience didn't align with your expectations, and that you weren't able to experience our ongoing monthly service. We strive for clear and upfront pricing, which is why we have fixed pricing packages based on monthly expenses and add-ons. We are proud of the value we provide our clients as America's largest bookkeeping service. We do not price match with other businesses nor do we heavily discount our catch-up service. While we can't give you back your time, you have been fully refunded. We also have taken your feedback to our team to help ensure that we provide a consistent Onboarding experience and prevent situations like yours in the future. If there's more we can do to assist you, Sarah from our Client Care team is happy to speak with you further.