Simple Interface, Value Packed Data, and Incredible Support

Bewertet am 4.12.2018
Johnny P.
VP Customer Success

Kommentare: They are a great team to work with. The software is simple and effective. It's a little on the pricy side, but I keep coming renewing because it's worth it.

Vorteile: 1) I'm in Chartmogul on a daily basis. It's really simple to view metrics like new MRR, churn, and expansion for the week. 2) The flexibility to edit, merge, and connect subscriptions is a huge part of why we chose Chartmogul. As much as we'd like for every deal/subscription to fit the standard mold, a lot of our customers have unique plans with us and the ability to help the system interpret what's going on with the subscription is great. 3) We've changed billing systems in the past and been able to transition Chartmogul to work with both tools. The flexibility to work with both systems helped us keep all the billing history in tact which was a huge win for us. 4) I came to Chartmogul for the basics (new mrr, expansion, churn, etc.) But I love the ability to track trial conversions, cohort analysis, LTV, and cash flow.

Nachteile: I'd love to get a daily digest email with all the revenue movement for the day. Right now you can get email alerts for updates to individual plans, but there isn't an option to schedule a single email with all the changes for the day. It's not a huge deal because I'm in Chartmogul most days, but it would be a great addition that would help us keep our team up to date. Lastly, I'd love the ability to add users and assign them to specific segments. I'd like to give our CSMs access to their accounts only (so they can see rev movement and overall performance of their accounts).

WOW!

Bewertet am 31.10.2019
Sean D.
Controller
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I couldn't be happier. Though ChartMogul is not a billing platform like Zuora or SaaSOptics, it definitely does the analytics part extremely well.

Vorteile: For the money this product is awesome. We use it exclusively for SaaS metrics and revenue recognition. The great part is this software can do so much more. I would say we use about 20% of the features and that goes a long way!

Nachteile: Nothing. For the money this software is a fantastic analytics software with excellent features. The customer support is also top notch.

Excellent software to keep track of key business metrics

Bewertet am 15.12.2017
Thibaut D.
Growth Engineer
Computer-Software

Kommentare: Clear view of all key SaaS metrics especially customer LTV, MoM churn rate, analyzing cohorts, trial to paid subscribers, and of course MRR!

Vorteile: ChartMogul helps us keep track of our most important business metrics at a glance and accurately. We particularly enjoy the measure of our customer's LTV as well as all the tools related to analyzing churn rate.
Segments are also a huge plus. They're very easy to set up, reuse and modify. This remains true if you're managing metrics on your own or sharing the task with other teammates like we do.
The cohort view is simply one of the best I've ever used. I especially like the ability to drill down on each time period to see what key activity/subscribe/unsubscribe impacted our business in this particular period.
The trial to paid conversion tool is also a big time-saver for us and helps us fine-tune our trial process and the webinars we give to our prospective customers.

Nachteile: Frankly, there's not many things we feel are missing or impractical with ChartMogul. Even the most basic aspects such as easy-to-understand tooltips for employees not familiar with all KPIs and metrics are a home run.

Has all the metrics you need, and only what you need

Bewertet am 23.12.2018
Guy H.
Cofounder / CEO

Kommentare: We've been using CM for over 3 years to track our metrics, and we love it. Simple to use, has just what we need, very responsive app. Scratched our itch, and then some.

Vorteile: All the reports are pre-built, with enough customization options to dig into your data. There are also reports present which we probably wouldn't have built if they weren't built in, and they have helped us tremendously.

Nachteile: We've had some inconsistencies around the MRR which was hard to resolve, since we are synching from multiple sources. Also, numbers would sometimes change retroactively and it was really hard to figure out why.
So currently we don't count on the reports to a degree that we base our actual cash flow on it, but the reports are still accurate enough to visualize and analyze trends and segments.

Accurate & Insightful

Bewertet am 8.6.2017
Ed M.

Kommentare: Insight into business KPIs.

Vorteile: Having tried various competitors, ChartMogul is the only software that correctly displays our monthly recurring revenue (I think some of the competitors have problems with some customers using coupon codes). However, that's just the tip of the iceberg - they somehow manage to display the information you need to see in a gorgeous user interface, but also allow you to dive to an incredible amount of depth, all in an easy-to-use interface. The customer support is speedy yet patient - they're currently helping us migrate our account to new owners.

Nachteile: I have nothing bad to say about ChartMogul, in fact I'm struggling to think of anything at all for the purpose of this review. I suppose if I'm really nit-picking it would be really nice if they offered an open-metrics dashboard like Baremetrics do (baremetrics.com/open).

ChartMogul is a turn-key way to get immediate insight on your customer billing data

Bewertet am 18.4.2018

Kommentare: ChartMogul let us get at a ton of metrics on our customers that were still unknown to us with almost zero effort, and because of how easily it integrates with our billing provider, we get ongoing updates on these metrics, again, with no additional work on our part. I can't overstate how much I love this.

Vorteile: If you use one of ChartMogul's native billing data-sources (including Stripe and numerous others), import is an absolute breeze; in our case, we let ChartMogul chew through our data for a while and suddenly we had a dashboard packed with a bunch of insights into our customer billing data that we hadn't ever seen before, except through manual computation on our end. ChartMogul is profoundly easy to use, and with very little effort surfaces a ton of valuable information.

Nachteile: It's still a bit of a production to make sure your data is massaged right if it's not quite formatted the way ChartMogul expects. Many of the analytics naturally depend on whether or not ChartMogul can properly understand your customer data, so that's an important one to get right. That said, they're making lots of strides on the product and I'd expect that this will get sorted out quickly.

Great too for saas analytics

Bewertet am 8.3.2018
Kamil R.
CEO & Founder
13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Metrics overview

Vorteile: Almost everything - all the stats, ease of use, filtering, segmentation, the fact that I can have everyone in the team informed about new customers.

Nachteile: Having more data integrations would be useful to correlate MRR with sources, workload and other metrics.

Good idea, poorly executed

Bewertet am 21.1.2017
Dawn G.
Eventservice, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: We signed up for Chartmogul despite having metrics available from our own integrated programming for our app and Chargify metrics. The support was abysmal. I wrote no less than 5 times without a single response during my trial period -- a time when one would think their customer service would be fantastic to reduce the very churn they measure, and I only got a response from the CEO after posting to Twitter about the poor response. After my tweet, I heard from them. But when two weeks passed and I asked more questions, again I was disappointed my a lack of response. It took a frustrated email to get an answer. Worse, I wasted a significant amount of time uploading metrics that had unclear and even faulty directives. But worse, when I asked how CM separated their metrics between monthly and annual payers, I learned they were lumped together. This is an absolutely incorrect, and to find out I had spent so much time gathering and manually calculating averages (which should be done automatically), I was frustrated. Most of all were the personal response from the CEO. After first expressing my disappointment over their responsiveness, I asked how I could correct data. It seems that there is no way to correct their faulty metrics, and rather than tell me how to correct it or admit the fault in their coding, they responded with this: "... it does sound as if ChartMogul (as both a product and service fit) might not be the right solution for your business, so it probably makes sense to look around for an alternative analytics vendor...... If you would like us to delete your account I can do this for you, or you could simply login and delete your Data source through the UI and this takes care of removing the data." If you aren't measuring what should be measured, admit it and promise to do better for your clients. Don't kick me to the curb without an explanation. I gave your product a solid effort with hours and hours of effort, and your response felt like you could have cared less.

Vorteile: It gives you an idea of what your general trends are and the graphs are pretty.

Nachteile: It's based on flawed reasoning. They have data from their own client's data sources but it is not used properly.

My favorite Customer Operations' dashboards so far!

Bewertet am 8.10.2019
Camila N.
Customer Success Manager
Computer-Vernetzung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It's so visual and user-friendly. Once you get used to all the comands and possibilities inside the options, it's a freedom sensation working with your customer revenue movements data.

Nachteile: I miss exporting my dashboards and results (that I seeing on the screen) mainly because I'm not an admin user. Would be awesome having the hability to agrupate the revenue movements into one.

Provides Fantastic Business Insights

Bewertet am 24.3.2018
CEO and Founder
Computer-Software

Vorteile: The ability to pass custom attributes and splice/segment every section of the platform is worth gold. Provides us the ability to see MRR or churn based on UTM tracking params, alexa rankings and how far the user got through our software.

Nachteile: It's gold, I'm stretching here (more of a feature request) but: Lack of ability to show automatic pie charts for segments. I.E. I want to see that 25% of MRR came from Adwords that was in a custom attribute category ie. Acquisition.

Beautiful charts and dashboards

Bewertet am 16.2.2018
Bradley G.
Co-Founder
Finanzdienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The combination of visualization and simple to set up links with Stripe have been super helpful to us.

Vorteile: Automates the creation of gorgeous "quick-glance" charts.
Essential to our executive team to keep tabs on regular business operations
Tracks a range of metrics -- from user based to financial tracking

Nachteile: The primary complaint from our team is that it does not offer a 100% integration with Stripe. While it tracks our core sales, it does not track our fees that we collect, which is a substantial portion of our business.

ChartMogul is a very helpful tool to have a look on the most important KPI's

Bewertet am 16.3.2018
Rupertus S.
Finance Manager

Kommentare: Most of all it saves my time to analyze and to set up adhoc reports for our founders and investors

Vorteile: The fast overview about MRR, Churn and the list of customers who signed or churned per month with one click. The most important metrics are given. To set a filters with tags to have a quick few about our renewals or possible churn per month.

Nachteile: The ChartMogul-Google-Add-on doesn't work well. I had to put in more than 100 customers manually. An interface to Quaderno (like Stripe) is not available. No future subscription inputs about new MRR or churn possible. No interfaces to bank accounts to measure the cashflow most effectively.

Must-have financial dashboard for SaaS startups

Bewertet am 15.4.2017
Vladimir S.
cofounder, optimist
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Great overview of all important SaaS key metrics (MRR, churn rate, CLV etc) with geographical breakdown. We use Braintree and it takes just 30 minutes to integrate this with no development skills needed. Works like a charm!

Nachteile: Only non-critical stuff as: Not able to import signups in bulk. Integration with Braintree doesn't support VAT handling (it's partly fault of Braintree API, which has poor support for VAT handling, nonetheless it's not possible to strip VAT from financial data coming from Braintree) As I am from Czechia, it could be a bit cheaper in my opinion :) Still worth the money though.

Great source of data for your company.

Bewertet am 31.1.2019
Customer Success Manager
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: It allows you to get the data you otherwise won't be able to gather. We were able to determine MRR of our segments and prioritize where to hit to maximize our team effort.

Nachteile: It's challenging and lacking introductory tutorial - maye take a while until you get used to it, and even then you can't be 100% sure that you are getting everything out of it.

A sales performance measuring tool for startups, but not so user friendly nor escalable

Bewertet am 22.6.2019
Sara M.
Finance and Administration Coordinator

Vorteile: The support team is amazing, always available to help.
Clean user interface

Nachteile: Not simple to integrate with other API’s.
The process of insert a transaction is made through an add-on on google sheet, and it takes much time.
When you fail entering a transaction, you have to delete the customer and enter all transactions history(annoying).
Recently they increase dramatically their pricing, now is based in your company’s MRR, which means that is an expensive tool if you are increasing your sales.

Excellent Business Intelligence platform for subscription businesses

Bewertet am 17.4.2017
Patrick B.
Cofounder and CEO
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: ChartMogul is incredibly easy to set up and use. Bringing in our historic data from Stripe / Chargebee was a breeze. I would strongly recommend it to all subscription businesses.

Nachteile: There is nothing I dislike about ChartMogul. Also, there is no feature I feel I need that it does not have. They offer a free trial and you can bring in all your data easily during this period. Thus, you get a thorough understanding of if it is right for you in just a few minutes. Try it out!

Great metrics app for every SaaS

Bewertet am 13.4.2017
Kamil R.
biz dev | co-founder
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: It gives me almost all the information I need to get an overview of our business standings. Easy to integrate and use.

Nachteile: Missing forecasting features.
Adding costs would be helpful as well.
A nice to have would be to make it possible to share stats publicly.

Great tool and even better customer support

Bewertet am 22.10.2019
Mariana M.
ISM

Vorteile: I check the team’s performance everyday on chartmogul and it’s very important tool for us on a daily basis. The one time the webapp wasn’t loading, the customer support team was very responsive and really helpful. They understood the importance of what we needed and were able to solve it in a fast and efficient way

Nachteile: At the beginning, it was a little hard to get used to it

BI Tool

Bewertet am 1.2.2019
Charles G.
SE Mgr.

Vorteile: Ability to aggregate data from multiple systems into single view.

Nachteile: Limited data sources included out of the box.

Review of ChartMogul

Bewertet am 7.6.2017
Education Manager

Vorteile: - good tool to use with Braintree,
- a lot of additional data,
- easy to check MRR,
- a lot of charts

Nachteile: If you are using different tools like (for example Geckoboard) you may find different ways of calculating MRR and other metrics

Good tool for

Bewertet am 5.2.2019
Account Manager
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Once I got to know and understand the product it became my tool of choice for keeping track of the KPIs. I'm also satisfied with the customer support- even though my issues were not really resolved, they were addressed super quickly.

Nachteile: It's not intuitive at the beginning, even though it's pretty simple in terms of features. It is pretty pricey too.

Powerful insights

Bewertet am 12.4.2019
CEO & co-founder
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Extremely easy to connect with Stripe, providing a lot of extra context and info about the business.

Nachteile: So far I have found nothing negative, it's just a great tool.

Great tool to keep up w/ important business metrics

Bewertet am 14.5.2019
Marketing Operations Coordinator
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: This is a great tool to us for your business especially if your product is sold on a subscription business. It is so easy to track things like MRR, ARR, and churn. The tool is flexible so you can track over different time periods, your different product packages etc.

Nachteile: Sometimes you will find an inconsistency in numbers for your reports. This is an issue with really any tracking tool, but just make sure to keep alert is anything looks dramatically different than a previous week.

Great knowledge base for subscription business

Bewertet am 14.8.2018
Customer Value Manager
Medienproduktion, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: It totally fits on Subscription business. It gives you great amount of know-how for subscription analytics which is more complicated than any other customer analytics.

Nachteile: More integration would be very nice for this tool. It only has some connections with basic tools. By more connections, this tool would be priceless.

A SaaS Business Best Friend

Bewertet am 10.12.2016
Ryan C.

Kommentare: Chart Mogul sets the standard for subscription analytics. Within a few clicks, we were instantly provided with critical data we needed to run our business. Obviously, the data is limited to the payment processing data, but if you're building your SaaS business and are utilizing one of their primary integrations then this is most of the data you'll need to see the health of your operations.