Frustrating experience

Bewertet am 28.4.2019
Amanda V.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I enjoyed this service for the first 3 months of my subscription. Tasks were readily identified and included detailed instructions for implementation. As a small business owner with a former career in tech, I felt tasks were simplified for just about anyone to implement. But only a small handful of the tasks truly impact SEO. With many sites utilizing site builders like Weebly and Wix, there is an inherent incompatibility with some of the Marketgoo recommendations, including the blog features. Blogs have a huge impact on SEO. But the Marketgoo software doesn't recognize the blog structure of those website builders. So every effort made to create one actually reduced my Marketgoo score. Which led me to believe that Marketgoo utilizes its own SEO measurement tool, rather than one that is linked directly to actual search engines. My account auto-renewed despite my attempts to cancel it. Dealing with customer service over email has been a real eye-opener to the backend of this business. My account was cancelled with all data deleted, yet I was not refunded. So I am paid through 2020, but with so way to access all the work I put into my site up to this point. I made appointments through their scheduler for a phone call with a live person, but no one ever called. I am so frustrated. I am giving it a last go over email to utilize the service for the next year since they refuse to refund my subscription fee, but if my data can't be restored, I will have my bank issue a chargeback.

Vorteile: Well-designed interface
Detailed instructions to implement tasks
Frequent email reminders to implement tasks
Competitor comparisons

Nachteile: Unresponsive customer service
Billing / cancellation terms are unethical
Only a small handful of tasks have a true impact on SEO; a lot of it is fluff
Blog tasks aren't fully implementable with site builders like Weebly; results in a lower SEO score as a result
Email reminders began to sound like a broken record for tasks that were already completed or unable to be completed due to incompatibility with Weebly

von MarketGoo an 20.6.2019

Thanks for the feedback, we'd like to clarify some points you have raised:

- Our cancellation terms and terms of use has always been public and available for request at ANYTIME for every customer we have.
- Your support records show that you were informed of the policy that applies to the type of your subscription and even though you mentioned that you have cancelled renewal, our system doesn't have ANY occurrence of such events especially on our technical activity logs.
- Our support generously offered an extension of your subscription even if it goes beyond the policies for cancellation.
- MarketGoo never deletes ANY data as the changes are made on your website and not within MarketGoo, so basically you just need to input the previous data and you still have the same website analytics.
- Blog features was clearly not an issue with MarketGoo as we are not website providers
- MarketGoo SEO scoring has always been a proprietary algorithm we have communicated since then.

Solid Product

Bewertet am 1.6.2018
Paul N.
Web Developer

Kommentare: Greatly increased site traffic, which in turn has created vast improvements in the site's ROI.

Vorteile: Marketgoo has helped me reliably upgrade the SEO of my website to the point where it now makes me considerable money. The tools provided give simple, intelligible advice, with some very easy to implement changes, which in turn make large scale boosts to your SEO rank. Even the more complex advice and tools are doable with either a bit more googling, or some advice from a techie. (Being a techie, I didn't have this issue, however I'm reviewing from the point of an everyday, the customer support looking to make their website work for them). Overall, I cannot fault.

Nachteile: I felt there were a few features lacking in comparison to other competitors products and tools, however, when you compare all these side by side, and then factor in costs, I still find this comes out on top, at least for my needs.

von MarketGoo an 7.10.2018

Thanks for your honest review, Paul! We're glad MarketGoo has helped your site's traffic!

The ease of use for somebody that didn't really know a lot about website and SEO is amazing

Bewertet am 1.6.2018
Ian G.
Business owner

Vorteile: The ease of use, making it so easy for me to get my website ranked on the first page of google for all my keywords. Before using MarketGoo I really was struggling with my website, but not anymore, I'm on the first page of google for all my keywords.

Nachteile: Editing themes could be made easier, for example, Change the color of the footer can be complicated. Also when viewing on mobile some banners don't display correctly and you have to go into your pc and change the size of wording on your pc to fit your mobile correctly

Pretty Amazing for What You Get

Bewertet am 18.9.2018
Heather F.
CEO Music for Young Violinists
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Super friendly people, REAL PEOPLE, that reach out ASAP with help whenever I needed it.

Vorteile: Easy, easy, easy. I am not a specialist in computer stuff and needed a service to break it down into layman's terms and make SEO easy.

Nachteile: Some of the things that would come up were not relevant. For example, when reviewing my site it would count all blog pages in a category as having repeated titles. Also, all the RSS feed images came up as unlabeled which was less than ideal.

von MarketGoo an 19.9.2018

Thanks for your review, Heather! We love working with such a diligent and eager to learn user!

We'll work on improving the ALT-tag detection and we've been testing a workaround for the blog title issue which seems to do the job well. We'll reach out personally with the instructions.

Great experience with MarketGoo. I have been using this company for two years and love it.

Layne P.
Sportartikel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I learned some new SEO skills, and I believe that software is helping my site rise in the rankings.

Vorteile: It provides a great snapshot where your site's SEO is standing, and where you need to improve. MarketGoo explains what you need to do to improve. It does just about everything for you except make the changes. I've learned a lot from MarketGoo even though I've been doing SEO since 2008. This is great value for the money!

Nachteile: My only complaint with this software, is that it doesn't seem to recognize some of the image tags. I often get reports that I have images that need work, but when I go to them, they are already done. That's a little frustrating, and I think it keeps my MarketGoo score lower than it should be. On the other hand, I could be completely wrong and the software could be correct. How I look at it, is that there is always room for improvement.

Easy seo for a newbie

Bewertet am 28.10.2018
Mark paul P.
Ocularist
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Vorteile: Its very user friendly. They made sure they put all the instructions.

Nachteile: It feels like its not compatible with some ios devices. And also shows some bugs with weebly

von MarketGoo an 31.10.2018

Thanks for your honest review, Mark! We've kept an eye on your website and we know that you've worked hard on your SEO, keep up the great work and thanks for being a MarketGoo power user!

Good to get a baseline

Bewertet am 1.2.2019
Randy J.
Vorstandsbüro, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It helped with key words and broken links.

Vorteile: It does a nice job but it can only take you so far...

Nachteile: There were a few bugs that did not allow the dashboard to reflect the actual results.

von MarketGoo an 11.2.2019

Hi Randy, thanks for your honest review! We're glad you found value with the keywords and links features. We've just launched a new interface and are improving the recommendations and score so you can get even more precise results. We'd love to give you a free consultation session to give you some guidelines if you'd like to do some more advanced SEO.

MarketGoo Review

Bewertet am 1.10.2018
Marc S.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Everything has been great so far. Its one of the easiest programs I've used

Vorteile: How easy it was to connect to all my social media and how it walked me though step by step to improve my seo

Nachteile: There was only a few lil things I didn't like about the software but mostly it was because I didn't understand how to run it. I just called Marketgoo customer service and they walked me right through it.

von MarketGoo an 7.10.2018

Thanks for your review, Marc! Keep up the great work with your SEO.

Along with the recommendations given were examples and directions of how to apply the suggestions.

Kathy L.
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I learned so many things. But the staff is the best part of this experience. They were so patient and thorough in trying to help me.

Vorteile: In most instances it was user friendly. I was able to fix some of the issues that were "problematic" or that needed improvement.

Nachteile: Sometimes suggestions were too advanced for me. Even with an example, I didn't understand how to improve the specific problem.

Rewarding, but lots of effort

Bewertet am 27.5.2018

Kommentare: I have a better understanding of how small copy edits make a different in overall SEO, and the numerous components that can include keywords.

Vorteile: I like the site scan progress graph at the top of the page, which is a great motivator. I also have benefited from the page optimization tasks.

Nachteile: Some tasks are only half supported. For example, MarketGoo encourages me to create a blog. So I did. But MarketGoo uses meta description tags to determine the overall progress of the site scan, which Weebly doesn't support. So my score drops significantly.

very easy to understand for an average person which is not a seo expert

Bewertet am 30.6.2018
Alexette gabrielle D.
online shop manager
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I've learnt all the seo tricks and basics as a complete beginner. I can do more on site seo optimisation on my own which saves me the costs to hire a seo expert.

Vorteile: it analizes your website first and then guides you step by step to what, where and how to improve it

Nachteile: it is payable monthly and you have to pay even if you almost didn't use it certain month, unless you cancel it of course

von MarketGoo an 7.10.2018

Thank you Alexette for your detailed review and we're glad our tool has enabled you to cut the cost of hiring an SEO expert. Keep up the good SEO work!

a very important tool for a professional artist

Bewertet am 30.5.2018
Marketing

Kommentare: optimizing my website

Vorteile: guidlines for report and tasks - like the things I could do better for optimizing my web. I also like that I can get to know my www visitors better.

Nachteile: I would love if the guidlines were more specific. I've tried to correct things on my website, but it didn't help. So maybe an example on how to opt could be?

Got a recommendation to try it from a friend who works in web design. Great service.

Chitra F.

Kommentare: SEO

Vorteile: Easy to set up.
SEO report and dashboards are clear and intuitive.
Loved that it had the itemized tasks but also that you could simply email tasks to be done to the right person.

Nachteile: Needs more tips or guidance to help me optimize for a specific market sector (eg mine is food and wine).

So far, MarketGoo has really helped in seeing what areas our website needs tending to.

Bewertet am 29.5.2018
Marketing Associate and IT
13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I really like the ease of use. It is very easy to navigate and understand. It is also great for knowing where you're website needs the most attention.

Nachteile: I wish there was more information available. It would be great if I could use MarketGoo more for keyword and SEO planning.

Easy To Use

Bewertet am 11.2.2019
Tammy D.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Detailed instructions to remedy problems

Nachteile: Some duplicate and unnecessary problem areas

von MarketGoo an 12.2.2019

Thanks for your review, Tammy! We're glad you find MarketGoo helpful and we're working on streamlining our recommendations in order to improve your experience.

Satisfaction

Bewertet am 8.2.2019
Kevin A.
Automotive, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It was easy to set up and use. I didn't have to worry about the task of looking into things and the joyless of it being tied to our website

Nachteile: I hate just throwing money away, and I found using the services. My company wasn't seeing any benefits from this service

von MarketGoo an 11.2.2019

Hi Kevin, thanks for your honest review. We're glad you found it easy to use and we'd love to talk with you again for a free consultation session regarding how you can get some quick SEO wins for your site.

Good product. Easy to use. Although I am not sure of how well it works

Bewertet am 27.5.2018
Darragh H.

Vorteile: It's easy to use and intuitive. The layout is clean and I can understand the metrics quickly. It gives me progress reports also

Nachteile: I find it hard to measure it's effectiveness against other tools sometimes I am a little uncertain wether I should be using other tools with market goo.

It has helped me to make my website better, although some Parts are not that user-friendly

Bewertet am 25.5.2018
David T.

Vorteile: Mostly the features that allow a novice to improve their website such as the areas that show what needs to be fixed

Nachteile: Not as easy to use as I think it should be ,but to be fair I haven't really into it enough to have a good understanding of how to use all the features

Easy to use

Bewertet am 29.5.2018
Nicole D.
Secretary

Vorteile: Most of the work is done for you, so all you have to do is follow the recommendations. The program is user friendly

Nachteile: No issues so far still learning a lot of things about the program. It seems to be very user friendly which is great

nice interface and navigation

Bewertet am 2.6.2018
Alex K.
Product Manager

Vorteile: step-by-step SEO optimization - there are lots of small steps. This is good for motivating the customer

Nachteile: pricing is pretty high
probably adding several price tiers would be better - having one free and one premium plan is too narrow imho