Easy to use, easy to make changes. This product has been very helpful to standardize our recon's.

Bewertet am 20.6.2017
Brittani B.
Director of Accounting Operatons
Einzelhandel, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: paperless, Central location for all recon's. Although we don't use the tool in the capacity it can be used, we like how the top page gives us uniformity. We have saved time by giving our internal auditors log in's to retrieve what they want instead of the accounting team making copies or sending emails.

Vorteile: I like the tasks portion. Although we currently use it to track our journal entries, I see it as a great monthend check list.
We have two companies, one on each side of the country and we both use the tool for recon's. It is a great way for the east coast to see the recon's for the west coast without having to travel. Out internal and external auditors have all the recon's at their finger tips along with the sign off trail.

Nachteile: We need a way to have the preparer "take back" there recon after they submit but before it's reviewed. The instructions can be a little more detailed. We like to read and do ourselves. Helpful tips should be on the site.

ART Rating

Bewertet am 28.2.2017
Karen S.
Finance Project Manager
Bankwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The ART software was a perfect solution to help automate our company's 400+ balance sheet general ledger reconciliations. The implementation was easy and completed in just one month! The customer support has been excellent; from implementation, training users, and ongoing maintenance, they have been responsive and helped every step of the way. ART is easy to use, has excellent reporting capabilities, and has customizable quality control features. We have been very satisfied with the product!

Vorteile: Ease of use, customer support, and reporting capabilities.

Nachteile: Within the individual recons, we cannot edit the date of an open item, so items begin aging when they are input, not when they occur. As a result, the aging of items is not truly accurate.

Satisfied User - Internal Audit Director

Bewertet am 22.3.2019
Austin S.
Director of Internal Audit
Einzelhandel, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: From an Internal Audit perspective, ART works well as an archive facility.

Vorteile: Ease of Use. Setup was a bit challenging in terms of the re-occurring / auto-reversing transactions that are necessary.

Nachteile: The ad-hoc reporting is a bit primitive / not as sophisticated as needed. Unable to traverse across fiscal periods for reporting. Hyperlink functionality between tasks would be welcomed and would assist in our productivity.

A No-Brainer

Bewertet am 17.2.2017
Kevin J.
Controller

Kommentare: SkyStem is a fantastic solution for bringing clarity to our close process. We now know our risk with each of our accounts. It never let's us down and gives us the needed credibility with our auditors. Thank goodness for Skystem. We'll be clients for life!

Vorteile: Clarity and vision into the details of our accounts.

Nachteile: The UI can get confusing until you get familiar with the layout, but that's because of it's power.

Great system, keeps everything handy and organized

Bewertet am 26.2.2018
Susan S.
Senior Accountant
Bankwesen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great product, all you need for recons in one package.

Vorteile: I like that if I want to look at prior periods for a specific account, all I have to do is change the date while in the account and there it is.

Nachteile: Slow to upload data at certain times of day. This is not too big of a problem though, I just upload in the mornings and it seems to go much faster.

The system works very well for our needs

Irina R.
Sr. Accountant
Einzelhandel, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Ability to store reconciliations online. Eliminates need for paper storage and filing. Ease of uploading excel and other documents.

Nachteile: Uploading tasks could be less complicated. Previewing an attachment you uploaded without having to download it first would be a big plus.

SkyStem is a great product and extremely user friendly

Douglas R.
Director of Finance

Kommentare: The ability to use the software at home and at work

Vorteile: The ability of this web based software that will allow you to access your balance sheet reconciliations at work and at home at any time of the day. You also have the ability to store via pdf scans, all of your supporting documents

Nachteile: Sometimes the server slows down during certain periods of the month especially when everyone is trying to get the balance sheet reconciliations completed.

Great Account Reconciliation Software

Bewertet am 22.3.2019
David S.
Accounting Manager
Einzelhandel, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: ART has made it much easier for us to get our account reconciliations done. We haven't started on their other features yet, so I can't comment much on those. The team at ART is great to work with. They respond quickly and are great at helping you understand how the software works and recommending best practices. I've been very happy with the purchase and looking back at the 4 or 5 other options we looked at feel that we picked the right one.

Vorteile: ART has been a great addition to our close process. We're able to get account recs done earlier, follow through on unknown or identified variances more easily, and get account recs and support to the auditors much better than before. I've used the leader in this industry at a past job and feel this software is as good at a much more reasonable price.

Nachteile: Some reporting could be better, but this is a company that is willing to work with you and make changes. Way less red tape than at the others that we looked at.

ART review

Bewertet am 22.2.2017
Nam B.

Kommentare: ART is a great tool for accounts reconciliation. It really forces you to really look into the account to know what makes up the balance. It is easy to set up users in ART. Users have access right away after they have been set up.
It is easy to assign or reassign accounts to users and the changes take effect right away. No waiting period. Customer support is great. Staff are very accessible and quick in responding to whatever questions we have. It's a great tool for auditing purpose. Audit trail shows the work flow, who, when submits the recon and who when approves the recon so there's accountability. It's great that we can download the reports in excel so can sort or do pivot table or to see what have been done or have not been done.

Art for the Internal Auditor

Bewertet am 26.3.2019
Internal Auditor
Telekommunikation, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, as an auditor, the tool is an awesome enhancement for my purposes.

Vorteile: I like that I am able to go into ART and pull information in relation to reconciliations without having to bother staff for the information. ART allows for attachments to support the reconciliations and that support is critical to my auditing.

Nachteile: There are multiple areas where attachments can be added. As such, I have to be careful to look at all areas to make sure I have all pertinent attachments.

I went from hating ART to seeing the definite value in it.

Sue M.
Accounting Specialist

Vorteile: As a user I like how you can organize your accounts by who does the rec, what has been prepared and what still needs to be done, and it's easy to navigate. It also helps to find coding errors and accounts that have balances that otherwise you might miss.

Nachteile: At first it seemed very time consuming and it was very slow moving between pages. I have noticed a difference in that regard and it is much better. And, because I had so many accounts it seemed like I spent one whole day doing nothing but ART, but since I have learned to net some of my accounts together and I'm hoping this month will go very quickly.

ART System Review

Bewertet am 21.2.2017
Randy M.
VP Commercial Operations
Bankwesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I had the opportunity to use the ART Skystem system for a couple of years. It was a great system for us being accountable for all the settlements we were responsible for. It was also a great system for our Comptrollers department as well. The system training was top-notch. The customer service was also excellent. Response time would be same day on the occasions we needed assistance. I had the chance to meet Customer support representative and was very impressed with the knowledge she possesses! If you are considering this system I would highly recommend it...!

Vorteile: The ability to attach matching balanced settlements in the system making it easy to research and compare totals.

Nachteile: Sometimes the staff would get hung up on where to attach a settlement. Once they got used to it they became comfortable with it.

Overall I have enjoyed working with it, but there is a learning curve to understanding how it works

Robin H.
Senior Accountant
Buchhaltung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: ART is a great way to have a controlled system for subsidiary reconciliation.

Vorteile: ART requires individuals to be assigned accounts and then reminds them automatically of what needs to be done and when they are/were due. The system keeps clear delineation between periods so as not to confuse the situation.

Nachteile: ART has a number of what I would call "quirks". Some examples: 1.) On some screens, you can only look at one page (10 accounts) at a time, while others allow you to view up to 500 at a time. 2.) There are screens that list the accounts in numerically low to high, while others are in the order in which they were added or assigned . 3.) User Manuals do not cover everything. There needs to be a FAQ sheet for the odd situations.

Freat product for mid sized organisations

Bewertet am 8.7.2018
Hussain L.
Business

Vorteile: It gibes a clear view on the accounts and changing details is easy. It gives a central storage location for easy access for the accounts

Nachteile: The software slows down drastically at the end of the month when the accounts are to be tallied and stuff and uploading important data will have to hold for a while too.

SkyStem has certainly saved us time and paper costs in preparing and reviewing our reconciliations.

Deborah D.
Finance Staff Accountant-Team Lead
Bankwesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Time saver

Vorteile: It cuts my time in half to review reconciliations vs when I manually reviewed. I like the fact that documents can be carried forward from month to month.

Nachteile: It is not set up to handle daily reconciliations. If the system is upgraded for daily events it will make our banking lives much easier.

Great reconciliation tool, easy to use and review

Christopher R.
ADOF
Gastgewerbe, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This is a great substitute (upgrade) from old Excel workbooks. Very user-friendly and easy to learn and use.

Vorteile: Attaching back-up and showing monthly accrued items works very well. This is a great tool to replace the old Excel files we were using.

Nachteile: My only issue is when updating balances is happening I cannot get my recs completed. Too often I log-in, start to work and get a screen saying the system is busy, try again later. If all upgrades and updates were done overnight I would be 100% satisfied.

Review

Bewertet am 26.3.2019
Howard L.
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Have not had a feature that stood out as something that is likeable other than it is a tool that appears to work.

Nachteile: 1) It can't or doesn't remember your log-in ID so you have to type it in each time. Other programs will at least remember it and only the password is needs to be entered.
2) User's can load another month's recon until the prior month is reviewed/approved. Becomes a roadblock to processing and workflow as recon may be okay but reviewer just has not gotten to it.
3) Multiple step process to save and then submit a recon. If not aware of proper steps, then recon is identified as not being done when it is. If "submit" is clicked it should be the 1 and only step.
4) Should be able to see past comments without having to go to the particular month for the reviewer to see history of review notes on particular account
5) Not intuitive on the some of the functionality to get reports out
6) Going back to undo a step, e.g. take back an approval, sends it back to preparer rather than putting it in the "to be reviewed' stage. It was approved once and maybe it is just the reviewer that wants to make a change to the review note but it goes back to preparer it seemed from the occasional times this was done.

Great rec system overall

Bewertet am 21.6.2018
Cr R.
ADOF

Kommentare: Allows easier reconciliation than past systems I have used.

Vorteile: Easy to show reconciliation, easy to attach docs and comments. Overall great tool and gets us away from using Excel as we always have in the past. Also quick to be able to go back to prior periods and review outstanding issues.

Nachteile: Least is that the upgrades are done in the middle of the day when we are trying to use the system. Upgrades should always be done overnight when fewest users would be on. This could be my company's issue rather than the system, if it is then please disregard and everything is great.

Skystem was great, but we were unable to complete all reconciliations in it.

Jep H.
Sr. Accountant
Buchhaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: We found that the customer service, overall style and setup of the website, and user experience were all fantastic.

Nachteile: We were unable to complete our more complex reconciliations in Skystem, so it became redundant to utilize both our Excel reconciliations along with Skystem.

The program was tricky to use at first, but overall I like the program

Bewertet am 5.7.2018
Julie P.
Regulatory Specialist

Vorteile: Keeps track of all reconciliations. I like the reminders. I like that you can bundle r econciliation

Nachteile: The required check lists could be more user friendly. There is often a system pause. The screen is a little hard to read and I often select the wrong drop down menu.

ART provided us our first, and much needed, reconciliation solution.

Bewertet am 27.2.2018
Chad B.
Assistant Controller
Buchhaltung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We benefitted greatly from the software because prior to implementation, we were still performing paper recons and filing support physically. The reconciliation process was also somewhat disorganized as it was obviously tough to keep up with so much paper. ART provides us a necessary solution and serves its purpose. It keeps us on track to hit recon deadlines and helps preparers and reviewers alike perform their duties at a sufficient level.

Vorteile: It helps us keep our reconciliation processes organized and in good shape. It helps provide a centralized location for supporting documents and allows us to implement more control over the reconciliation process.

Nachteile: The format of a reconciliation template is somewhat bulky. Something that is more along the lines of an excel spreadsheet would be more user-friendly. It is also cumbersome to edit reconciliation items from a prior month. There seem to be a decent amount of unnecessary work-arounds to complete what should be simple tasks (ie. uploading data, updating or adjusting existing recon items). Lastly, there are regular slow-downs with the software. Long loading periods and session time-outs that occur while the you are actively using the software are relatively common.

Sky Stem (ART) is a great system

Cathy H.
TASK FORCE DOF
Gastgewerbe, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I like that you are able to attach all of the documentation needed and it is all in one place. The ability to go back and find something in the documents makes it very convenient.

Nachteile: the actual saving and attachment process are a bit time consuming because of the slowness of the system most times. The convenience of having everything in one place makes up for the slowness.

I use SkyStem for balance sheet reconciliation and it has been fantastic

Negede G.
Director of Finance
Buchhaltung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Timely balance sheet reconciliation. Able to load reports to third party auditors, and able to assign different tasks to multiple users.

Vorteile: Easy of use and multiple features for download/uploads and preparer and approver features. It's also accessible from anywhere with internet and web browser.

Nachteile: It takes time for the system to update. Sometimes it also takes time to download supports and documents.

It is very nice tool to save your all GLs at one place and reconcile all the general ledger.

Tax Accountant
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It is very user friendly. Processing time of this software is very short. New user can operate this very easily. Reconcile in standard reconciliation forms and in multiple currencies.
Reconcile multiple periods simultaneously.
Utilize system algorithms to perform up to 35% fewer reconciliations each month.
Electronic sign-off. Paperless review process.
Transactional matching between data sets.
Real-time dashboards to monitor status and exceptions, and more.

Nachteile: Limitation of size for uploading the file/attachment . You can upload max to max 15 mb file. There are so many files which size become more than 15 mb so we can upload that size of file in this system.rest all is good.

ART is a great tool for reconciliation and month-end close schedule

Bewertet am 26.2.2018
Kim R.
Assistant Controller
51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: See PRO section

Vorteile: Art has allowed us real time visibility on the status on reconciliations, where they are in the process. As well as our month-end close schedule checklist. This is a great feature that allows us to stay organized and on-track during this hectic time.

Nachteile: System Admin feature works okay, but would be great if this feature would allow the admin to review/approve or prepare reconciliations. However, this limitation may be in place as a segregation of duties.