Fulcrum Bewertungen

4.8/5
    4.7/5
    4.6/5

About Fulcrum

Fulcrum enables users to build and deploy mobile surveys with iOS & Android devices.

Erfahre mehr über Fulcrum

Tamas K.
Research and Development Manager
Versorgungsunternehmen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 27.6.2019

"Fulcrum is the best Saas"

Kommentare: I still will use for many years

Vorteile: Im using fulcrum since 2016 and all I can say this was one of my best decision in the company. We have many applications built. I really like that people can use without programming knowledge but there is the option use for more complicated tasks. You can use script actions, or create detailed formulas. I also really like that we can connect to our database and sync all the data for further processing. Also the android and iOS apps are very useful , especially when there is no internet connection

Nachteile: Easy to sync wit the API, bat record can be created backwards. For example with Zapier you can use fulcrum to make actions but cannot be used to make actioned.

von Spatial Networks an 28.6.2019

Thanks for the wonderful review, Tamas!

Leland S.
Consultant and Owner
Umweltdienstleistungen, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 28.6.2019

"Fulcrum Mobile Data Collection"

Kommentare: Fulcrum is a viable alternative to the cost of using other "shop"-based software that require subscription to standard engineering tools. Fulcrum is useful for people in professions other than engineering and large-scale design work. At the end of a project, I can have a thorough data set for a project that can be shared (either through the software or through data exports) with others for a variety of purposes.

Vorteile: In combination with a GPS receiver, the Fulcrum software allows me to capture data in the field using unique data point identifiers, including latitude and longitude. I have thirty or so separate apps within the software that I use for collecting natural history data at client and county levels. The available data fields allow me tremendous flexibility in choosing the types of categories (single-choice, multiple-choice), organization into sections, creation and import of choice lists (in some cases, of several thousand plant species or several hundred county street names), and data export into multiple GIS-friendly database files. I am impressed with it. There are some functions I have not used, such as multiple-member apps and sharing levels.

Nachteile: Unlike competitor software, it does not allow use of paths or polygons. Usually, I use discrete data points or paths; for the latter, it is necessary to have direction-of-travel and side-of-road fields that require extra time in the field. In the fields that use choice lists, I often use an "Other" field that allows input that does not exist in the list, but modification of the data field - especially unchecking another list element - results in loss of any entry in the Other field. There should be a means for retaining this information despite other changes in the field, and "Other" should open for additional information without deleting existing contents.

• Bewertet am 28.6.2019
Stuart D.
Ecologist
Umweltdienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 18.7.2019

"Fulcrum in Ecology"

Kommentare: Fulcrum is, or should be, the industry standard for Ecology data collection. The ability to generate literally any style of form from plain text boxes to hundreds of option drop-downs, means that you can keep up with the demands of surveying nature. This software has saved time, money and a lot of peoples hairlines within my own company, and I am sure within numerous other consultancies.

Vorteile: The simple but infinite customisation options for each app that you design mean you can have very strict control over the data you collect, which is crucial in ecology due to the diversity of survey work that takes place. Additionally, as the industry often demands unsociable hours, the ability to sync the device to a central shared database with a number of users reduces the amount of time you're waiting for data from colleaugues. And another obvious benefit in an industry based outdoors, is that you can survey in the rain without getting paper mache survey sheets!

Nachteile: The only issue I have encountered with Fuclrum is the accuracy of it's GPS tracking (which may actually be a device issue). This has sometimes led to individual small data points such as trees in a woodland being mapped a short, sometimes long, distance from their actual location. However, this is easily resolved within the app itself with patience.

• Bewertet am 18.7.2019
Raghu A.
IT Applications Manager
Versorgungsunternehmen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 7.11.2019

"Fulcrum is excellent tool for Field Users"

Kommentare: Solved issues related to Field Operations.

Vorteile: Offline capabilities, Easy to design forms

Nachteile: Reporting platform is not mature yet. Need Analytics

• Bewertet am 7.11.2019
Jamie E.
Deputy Fire Marshal
Öffentliche Sicherheit, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 22.3.2019

"Good productive overall, could use improvement"

Vorteile: I like how you can customize the applications depending on its use.

Nachteile: Exporting to excel could be cleaner, and navigating using the gps map always defaults to the other side of the country.

von Spatial Networks an 27.3.2019

Hi Jamie, Thank you for your feedback. Have you reached out to our support team about the issues you are having with exporting to Excel and with the map defaulting to the other side of the country? If not, please do so by emailing support@fulcrumapp.com. They may be able to share some options to make working with Excel easier. Also, they can help you troubleshoot the issue you're having with the map defaulting to the other side of the country.

Berta H.
Versorgungsunternehmen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 16.8.2019

"User Friendly, Cost Effective, Well worth the switch!"

Kommentare: 100% Satisfied, will continue using this program moving forward.

Vorteile: This software allows us to customize all apps, data collection to each of our vendors needs.
The ability to change or modify the program in field instantly is a welcomed bonus and a big time savor.
The unique build for each vendor allows for significantly less data collection errors.

Nachteile: Functions are different on different platforms. (Android/Apple)

• Bewertet am 16.8.2019
Shawn G.
Umweltdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 30.10.2019

"Perfect for small organizations in need of a versatile and cost effective GIS platform."

Kommentare: My volunteer Board wanted me to have a way to re[port on issues throughout the area I work in and track field reports. Another great function is the ability to handle clients communications and billing with the software. If your business relies on GIS data Fulcrum is tough to beat.

Vorteile: -Ease of use
-Quality of UI
-Scalability
-Data Security/integrity/accessibility
-Versatility

Nachteile: -Honestly Fulcrum has fulfilled a large part of our data collection and management requirements. The one thing I can see that may draw me away is the fact that we have access to more complete GIS software packages that are able to perform many of the same functions and don't have subscription fees. That being said I would still be reluctant to stop using Fulcrum as it integrates with other software and is just so easy to teach my volunteer staff to use.

• Bewertet am 30.10.2019
Senior GIS Data Officer
Staatsverwaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 5.7.2019

"Thes best mobile data collection software available"

Kommentare: Fulcrum

Vorteile: Very easy to set up and use.
Great features to ensure data quality.
Great data integration features.
Developer capabilities and features

Nachteile: The only thing that would make it perfect is the ability to capture lines and polygons.

• Bewertet am 5.7.2019
Ethan G.
specialist graduate
Versorgungsunternehmen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 9.4.2019

"fulcrum review"

Kommentare: very positive.

Vorteile: For someone who does not have a coding background and was apprehensive about building an app, fulcrum was incredibly user friendly and i was able to produce an app that had all the functionality i required.

Nachteile: there were data protection issues with it with regards to my companies data strategy.

• Bewertet am 9.4.2019
Brian S.
Marktforschung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 12.12.2019

"Excellent Product"

Kommentare: Overall the experience with Fulcrum has been a game changer for my firm.

Vorteile: This product enables us to capture and review real-time data live as it happens. Customizable to many different situations very happy we went with Fulcrum

Nachteile: I’d like to see more options for customer support and more options on reporting.

• Bewertet am 12.12.2019
Broderick B.
Engineering Associate / Field Engineer
Tiefbau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 2.4.2019

"Field Review of the Fulcrum System"

Kommentare: Using Fulcrum, mainly the mobile application, has been a god sent. I do not like keeping up with paper reports and then transferring them to digital content and having to attach media to the now digital report. Having this platform and being able to attach my media (i.e. photos, videos, etc.) to my report all from one device and not having to transfer files back and forth from phone to computer any more if GREAT. In one action, I can complete multiple tasks at once.

Vorteile: What I like the most about Fulcrum is the ease of use while navigating around the app on mobile devices, no matter the OS of the device (i.e. iOS or Android) the Fulcrum application works great. I love having the ability to only have to use my tablet or my phone while completing field work and filling out field reports and then uploading them to the cloud. It's much better than having to keep track of everything with pen and paper.

Nachteile: I do not like Fulcrum when it comes to uploading media (i.e. Photos, etc.) to reports. Only limiting the user to select and upload one (1) photo at a time to the reports is beyond mildly frustrating. If I could select multiple photos at once from my mobile device's photo gallery and upload them all at the same time in one swoop, that would be FANTASTIC. But until that happens, I'm just going to have to get over it and deal with my frustrations. Otherwise, great experience using the mobile version of Fulcrum.

• Bewertet am 2.4.2019
Water Quality Project Manager
Tiefbau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

"Great geo-app!"

Kommentare: We collect thousands of data points annually using Fulcrum - it's greatly streamlined our field data collection processes for many different aspect of water quality research and stormwater management feature design, from soil test pits to infrastructure inspection. Without this software, we'd be struggling to scale our business.

Vorteile: Apps are easy to customize, near-infinite options for data collection, and great back-end data review options, plus tons of integration options with other software platforms.

Nachteile: I'd love to see collection of line/polygon features integrated. I'd also like to see the option to create custom reports (drag and drop) without consulting with Fulcrum's designers. And finally, I'd love to have the option to assign different icons based on status (not just color as the app currently allows).

von Spatial Networks an 27.3.2019

We're so glad Fulcrum could help you scale your business! We love to hear stories like this.

Thanks a lot for the feedback on what you would like to see in Fulcrum. Line and polygon support is something that we do get asked about from time to time. I wanted to let you know it is on our radar however it is something that would take a lot of development time to accomplish.

We agree a drag and drop report builder would be awesome! We have had some talks about making it possible for users to make small edits to the default report template and this could expand in the future based on feedback.

We are also exploring options for better symbology. There are some technical issues with the symbology being consistent across all platforms that the development team has to work though.

If you have not shared these thoughts already, please feel free to send your ideas to support@fulcrumapp.com. User feedback is a big driver for our product roadmap.

Darren O.
Metallabbau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 29.3.2019

"Capture Field Sample Descriptions without Internet or Cell Service"

Kommentare: We use Fulcrum in the mineral exploration industry where our sampling crews capture their field sample descriptions on their Android phones. Android phones are simpler to use as we can load background maps as maptiles into the app (a bit tricky to load onto iPhones). Crews record sample descriptions, take sample photos, and capture GPS coordinates all with their phone. Cell phone service or Internet is not required while in the field. The sampling crew refresh their phone app when they get back to camp in the evening where satellite Internet is available. So by the end of the day everyone's field data has been uploaded to the cloud. Head office can view progress within a few hours either with the map viewer on the Fulcrum website or by loading into the company's GIS database.

Vorteile: The app and website are both easy to use. It was easy to set up the data capture templates using the website tools. The templates were then uploaded onto the user's phones by simply refreshing their app. The users require minimal training to use the app.
Uploading the users data to a common cloud-based database by simply refreshing their app is probably the best feature of Fulcrum. No data loss and no duplication of data with multiple users.
We also like the licensing. We are seasonal users. So during the off-season we just keep one account active in order to save our templates and access our database online.

Nachteile: No real cons. Probably could be advertised more with some real-world examples on how to utilize the software. We learned about Fulcrum word of mouth.
Uploading background images could be easier. We currently create maptiles using TileMill which can be tricky.

• Bewertet am 29.3.2019
Ioana-maria M.
GIS Specialist
Versorgungsunternehmen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 22.3.2019

"Great app to use for data collection"

Kommentare: It improved exponentially the quality of the data collection and removed completely the use of paper based packs.

Vorteile: The capability to create bespoke forms and have control over their updates.

Nachteile: I'd like if there could be more options for mobile users to use alternative tile sets. It accepts only MBtiles for now. For mobile app would be beneficial to have more filtering options.
Potentially more tutorials from developers would be beneficial to have.

von Spatial Networks an 27.3.2019

We're so glad to hear that your data collection quality has improved exponentially since using Fulcrum!

We do plan on exploring alternative tile-sets to MBTiles. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to share them with your Fulcrum Account Manager or our support team at support@fulcrumapp.com.

Good news! Our mobile development teams are currently working on enhancing our filtering and sorting functionality. We do not have a estimated release date yet, but getting this released is a high priority to us.

Robert C.
Umweltdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.7.2019

"Fulcrum is the perfect companion for field-based data collection"

Kommentare: Our field staff love collecting data on this platform when compared to the "old" methods (paper and pencil, hard copy forms, Excel forms, etc.). Fulcrum is miles ahead of the competition.

Vorteile: Fulcrum is the perfect platform for our field data collection needs. The ability to prepare logic-based forms that direct users into collecting just the right information (not too little and not too much) is critical for our needs. The tool is extremely flexible and the development team is constantly improving features/functions. The API capabilities are game changers for us and how we interact with our data. Can't say enough good things about this platform!

Nachteile: I would like to see a reporting tool that allows users to build custom reports straight from their data without engaging additional professional services support offered by Fulcrum.

• Bewertet am 11.7.2019
Craig M.
Urban Biodiversity Officer
Staatsverwaltung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 26.3.2019

"Natural Asset Contract Management "

Kommentare: Fulcrum has been an amazing experience and focus of constant improvement for Council's Parks, Trees and Bushland maintenance contract programs. All stakeholders have been very impressed by the flexibility to use and redesign each application to create greater operational efficiencies.

Vorteile: Designing the program to reflect contract KPIs has been instrumental in streamlining our contractor communication and compliance activities that drive monthly reporting. The fulcrum platform works on all our mobile devices without problem in the year we've worked with the product.

Nachteile: This spatial software uses 'pin drop' GIS points for recording data. Though there's a layer option to represent areas / polygons above the map, the pixel / resolution of our file was insufficient.

von Spatial Networks an 27.3.2019

Thanks for providing Fulcrum such a great review! We love to hear that we were able to help you streamline your contractor communication and compliance activities. We're so glad your stakeholders have been impressed by the flexibility we have to offer and your ability to create greater operational efficiencies.

Have you talked with our support team about your issues with file resolution? If not, please reach out to support@fulcrumapp.com. We would love to know more and see if we can help you out.

Brandon H.
Product Manager
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 25.3.2019

"Exactly what I was looking for"

Kommentare: We use Fulcrum to record information about vehicles and our product in the field to ensure we have clean and organized records of work completed and issues encountered. This has unlocked immense value for us. It allows managers to review work to maintain high quality. Using Fulcrum has also allowed for large amounts of field data to be gathered and quickly transferred from our field team to our engineering team when necessary.

Vorteile: Possible to configure "apps" to suit our specific needs
Easy to use
Allows for instant sharing of valuable insights from the field between the field and office-based teams
Ability to download well-organized data to .csv files
Ability to work offline

Nachteile: There were some inefficiencies when building apps.
While there are quite a few complex features that can be added to the apps, they are not easy to implement.

von Spatial Networks an 27.3.2019

Thanks for your review of Fulcrum! We're glad our app helps your managers maintain high quality of work, and has allowed you to gather and transfer from the field team to your engineering team quickly.

We would love to hear more specifics about the difficulties you ran into while designing your app. We do aim to make Fulcrum as easy to use as possible, however, there are features that can be complex due to their flexibility and powerfulness. With features like these we do try to provide as much support as possible though. So feel free to reach out to our support team at support@fulcrumapp.com and see if they can give you a hand.

• Bewertet am 25.3.2019
Chris H.
Consulting arborist
Architektur & Planung, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 26.3.2019

"Great data collection form building software"

Kommentare: The software is well thought-out and easy to operate. This allows quick and efficient tree surveys and assessments.

Vorteile: I value the flexibility to collect the data needed for each project, which varies greatly. I can easily and quickly build just what I need and eliminate what I do not. This saves time, streamlines my workflow, and allows me to focus on creating value for clients.

Nachteile: Forms cannot be created, edited, or modified in the field. This requires me to ensure I have each app exactly as needed before leaving the office.

von Spatial Networks an 28.3.2019

Thanks for the excellent review, Chris! We're glad you are taking advantage of the flexibility Fulcrum has to offer, and it can support your needs as they change from project to project. Streamlining workflows is what we do best, so you can spend your time servicing your clients!

Thanks for sharing your feedback on creating/editing/modifying an app in the field. The level of usability would have to be reduced from the robust nature of our web application if we were to offer that functionality on the mobile app. If you are in a connected environment, the web app can be logged into from a laptop and used from there. With that said, we will be sure to pass this feedback along to the product team as a feature request for you.

Chris S.
Engineer
Tiefbau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 15.8.2019

"Fulcrum Review"

Vorteile: Solid performance coupled with flexibility, features, and low cost

Nachteile: Enterprise integration was a long time coming

• Bewertet am 15.8.2019
Patrick A.
Customer Success Manager
Versorgungsunternehmen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 12.9.2019

"Shortcut to Efficiency & Organization"

Kommentare: The fact that the software provides you the ability to collect data for a variety of needs and store/access all of that data in one place has brought a wealth of efficiency to our organization as well as those we support.

Vorteile: What I liked most about Fulcrum was that is has an easy to use configuration process for setting up apps and the Fulcrum Team is always working on ways to improve these processes and implement new ones. I specifically enjoy their latest update to the User Management page, it makes setting up and editing users very easy.
Also, the Learning Portal and Support Team make your program learning experience a fulfilling experience.

Nachteile: I honestly can't think of anything I dislike about the software.

• Bewertet am 12.9.2019
Lee M.
Assistant Road Supervisor
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 4.7.2019

"Data Collection Software That Fills Our Needs"

Kommentare: Fulcrum has been great in aiding in collecting data and it has been very useful in our daily operations.

Vorteile: The program is very customizable to suit our data collection needs. I currently use Fulcrum apps for Work Orders, Daily Reports, Traffic Sign Inventory, Drone Flight Logs, and more. I can use Fulcrum on my desktop computer and collect data out in the field with my phone or IPad. I also like being able to link two apps together. For instance , I log my work orders with my daily reports.

Nachteile: I wish the PDF Reports would be a little more customizable. Sometimes when I add photos to a report , there is a lot of empty space on a page causing the use of more paper and looking a little less professional.

• Bewertet am 4.7.2019
Gary D.
Mgr
Telekommunikation, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 22.8.2019

"Good tech support"

Kommentare: As mentioned previously I was impressed with there quick responses to my enquiries. I used another product before which was based out of country taking days not just hours. Secondly the software has been in use for so long by so many there wasn’t much I had to contribute as upgrades.

Vorteile: The setup up was easy but most impressive was the help I received from tech support. Quick to respond and precise. After dissecting a few of their sample templates it became like a first language.

Nachteile: I found the reporting was a little rigid but was able to deal with the work arounds. I understand they have a pay service to customize reporting, but I tend to be a do it yourselfer and determined.

• Bewertet am 22.8.2019
Developer
  • Bewertet am 26.3.2019

"Superior Field Data Collection"

Kommentare: Personally, I have appreciated the flexibility that Fulcrum provides. Their apps, APIs, and open source tools give you full control over your data. I highly recommend this as a data collection platform.

Vorteile: Fulcrum provides an impressive array of features and possibilities with their mobile data collection platform. The ability to manage apps and data using open standards and developer friendly APIs means that you can incorporate a superior data collection experience into your workflow, regardless of your existing technology footprint.

Nachteile: There are some advanced features of this platform that may be difficult for a beginner. However, it is very straight-forward for a beginner to get up and running with a simple data collection app.

von Spatial Networks an 28.3.2019

Thanks for the review! We're glad you are enjoying the flexibility Fulcrum has to offer and that you're getting the most out of your API integration.

Consultant
Versorgungsunternehmen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 22.3.2019

"Fulcrum: A Flexible Solution"

Kommentare: Overally my experience with Fulcrum has been wonderful. It met the initial need I had when I purchased a few years ago and has helped me grow my business as well.

Vorteile: Flexible platform. The software fully supports customers bringing their own opinions to the table to get work done their way.

Nachteile: Mobile app can be buggy at times (very rarely though).

von Spatial Networks an 27.3.2019

Thanks so much for your review of Fulcrum! We're so glad our app could help you grow your business!

Mitch P.
Regional Manager, Fiber Operations
Telekommunikation, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 27.6.2019

"Excellent Tool - Highly recommend it!"

Kommentare: Far too much to go into any detail - we have deployed approximately 12 different tools for a variety of our field personnel to identify and track plant damage, outage incident reporting, quality assurance, new construction deployments (project management) etc.

Vorteile: Scalability and ease in customizing based on need

Nachteile: Unable to incorporate PDF uploads

von Spatial Networks an 28.6.2019

We're glad you're enjoying Fulcrum, Mitch! Thank you letting others know.