Über Gingr

Nimm dir mehr Zeit für das, was du in deinem Tierpflegegeschäft liebst. Gingr spart Zeit und Geld und hilft dir, dein Geschäft aufzubauen.

Erfahre mehr über Gingr

User friendly, when we switched to this software the creators that also work in our industry were the owners. They were wonderful, then it got sold-twice.

Some of the financial aspects were a little rough to navigate and sometimes had some glitches. Only place we're having trouble.

Bewertungen zu Gingr

Gingr hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 203 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Gingr bereits verwendet?

Scott
Scott
Senior Director of Marketing in USA
Computer-Software, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

"Most Useful Mobile App for Pet Owners"

Kommentare: There was a lot of time and effort put in, but the end result was not worth it. The implementation has been time-consuming and has not improved efficiency over the previous program. We spent over six months getting it functioning, and we've already heard that several of the tasks that our prior (free) program handled effortlessly with no effort are impossible with GingR. When I need help, I often get various answers from different members of the staff. If I'd been aware about Pet Exec beforehand, I definitely would have made that choice.

A reservation and point-of-sale system, yes, but also so much more. It's a pretty thorough software that helps with organizing, communication, and streamlining. If it hasn't been implemented yet, it will be soon, as new features are being added to the application as quickly as the developers can conceive of them. Even though I had my doubts at first, it turned out that getting help with technical issues was as simple as going online. Their customer support is excellent, and they have implemented the few feature requests I've made. Because of the built-in tipping system, our staff has seen a tenfold increase in their tip income.

I'm aware that there's often some sort of drawback to upgrading software. For four days, I thought about what I might say in this review that would be most useful to a new customer thinking about using Gingr. After two months of using Gingr, I still haven't found a single feature that I dislike.

Leanna
General Manager in USA
Gastgewerbe, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Long Time User - I Highly Reccomend!!

Kommentare: I love Gingr and am currently on a mission to convince my new employer to switch. If you have a dog care facility use them.

All inclusive, multi-functional, customize-able, and intuitive. You can become an expert by simply clicking around. The included staff training is very useful and effective. Customization is a 4/5, you can do almost anything you want within the confines of their general set up. The system is reliable and updates in the background with little to no impact on user experience.

The client portal isn't the most aesthetically pleasing and can be confusing at times. The customer support hours are stringent, and they lack a phone support option; but after you go live you need to contact support so infrequently it makes little impact. In my 5+ years working with their software I have needed to contact support maybe half a dozen times. My one big issue is the implementation team. At a previous employer, that was in the process of opening a daycare, I knew more about their software than half the team helping. BUT if you have any technological literacy it shouldn't be that major of an issue, just annoying.

Einzelhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Not for Grooming

1,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Gingr is not a good system if you have a multichannel business. We offer grooming training retail etc as well as daycare and boarding. This seems like a daycare software that tried to add more things and failed.
My biggest issue was that when we first made the switch, which is absolutely hard and expensive, we had an issue with clients saying they could not log in to the portal, that they got caught in a "loop" of password reset emails. When we spoke to support, they indicated that this was user error. When we sent screenshots, they yold us we were mistaken and our clients were just not understanding whst to do.
It caused a significant drop in online bookings, close to 40%. After escalating to a client retention person, it was disclosed that they in fact knew about the issue. We lost thousands of dollars, and customer trust.
They offered no recompense. "Sorry" really wasn't enough.
When we first started our journey with them i explicitly said that i did not want to switch to a software that wasn't going to be a good fit. Sales, implementation, and development do not have any idea what the other is doing or saying. We were told by the sales team that the software could do things that the implementation team said it could not do. We were told by the implementation team thst we wpuld see updates that the developers were not even planning. They handle frustration by directing you to a reddit-style "up vote" system for usability requests.
Software is expensive, and i dont mind paying for it. I mind very much paying for unusable software that caused a significant decrease in business. I can never recommend them.

Automated reminders, stored credit cards

Unusable client portal, hard to reach support

letzten Monat

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience with Gingr. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you and your customers have faced. Your feedback is essential to us, we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to learn more about your specific situation and how we can better assist you. Please contact us via email at support@gingrapp.com, and we can schedule a time to discuss your concerns in more detail. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Gingr Support

Jasmin
Salon Manager in USA

Booking with ease

Kommentare: Overall Gingr has been a great asset to our company, and was such an ease to transition into when we switched from our old Booking system. So many features, and so easy to use.

I like most that it's easy to use, serves for so many purposes in our Company such as booking Grooming Appointments, walk in services, daycare stays, daycare Evaluations, classes, and now we can use it in our multiple locations as well

The only cons lately have been inconsistent customer service with longer wait times, and the Phone Number search feature not working lately has made some booking over the phone take longer. Phone number search is usually our go to Customer look up. It leaves us with less room for error and less time on the phone with the customer for easier booking

Eryn
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Should have made the switch sooner!

Kommentare: We're thrilled that our clients appointments and invoices haven't been "dropped" since making the switch.

We enjoy how robust the software is. That it can accommodate the multitude of services we offer.

It is not as intuitive as it could be. It definitely takes time to learn to use it.

Katherine
Katherine
Manager in USA

It has given us the extra time needed to run the office more efficiently

Kommentare: Extra time to spend with clients and boarding pets, staff love the reports, owner loves the wealth of detail the reports give us for all aspects of the business from occupancy count to grooming details.
Clients love the fact they no longer have to wait for the office to open and can make reservations 24/7 as well as confirm and make payments on line anytime.

It gives us more time to spend with the pets in our care and to provide more details to clients. Clients love the fact that they don't have to wait for office hours to request boarding or grooming, especially on the weekend when we have short office hours. Also they love the deposit program since they no longer receive letters or mail payments!!

It is difficult to learn software over the internet but since I had an assistant who was able to help it worked out fine but I wouldn't want to do it alone. However the support team was awesome and had patience and wisdom in handling new owners

Jana
Jana
Senior Director Of Marketing in USA
Computer-Software, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

"Using the Gingr App"

Kommentare: Spending quality time configuring the software's settings was a rewarding experience. The response time from customer support is excellent. All of my employees and customers have been very satisfied.

Online reservation requests, electronic report cards, paperless operations, automated email notifications, etc. have all been made possible thanks to this program. When we moved to Gingr, it was a complete rewrite. Both my crew and I are huge fans of the optional tipping system at checkout.

Multiple pets' progress reports and reminders will be provided in a single electronic message. After learning about one pet, customers tend to ignore subsequent details. The Gingr nightly pricing was simple to convert to from our daily rate. The only other drawback is that I wish I had made the move to Ginger earlier.

Hermann
Hermann
Retail Store Manager in USA
Einzelhandel, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Top pet care solution

Kommentare: Gingr is able solution that can organize excellent events with simple online booking system. It has provided best materials for implementing successful day-care events. The customization feature has enabled us to fix areas of interest that are aligned to our policies.

The software has secure database that enables us to keep effective pet data. The customer support staff is dedicated with efficient customer care services. It gives us an opportunity to reach customers from snywhere and engage them on various pet care demands.

This is knowledgeable tool that I will always cherish. Thanks for great support.

Rebecca
Rebecca
Structural Engineer in Rumänien
Bau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Gingr has Nice Appointment and Booking Management Tools.

Kommentare: Gingr Online services management and easy on various processes reports creation and the data access control and the collaboration capability on Gingr is excellent.

Through Gingr features the project scheduling and multiple Construction Projects information management using Gingr tools is excellent.The platform also offers the most effective Mobile Accessibility and the calendar easy management and Online booking Gingr is perfect solution.

I like everything about Gingr and the features stability its amazing and i got totally nothing serious to dislike on Gingr functionalities.

Christine
Christine
Frontend Developer in Ungarn
Marketing & Werbung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Gingr is a nice Project Appointment and Confirmation Tool.

Kommentare: Best Mobile Access and the notification functions are helpful and the Sync capability and reports creation via Gingr is fantadtic and excellent files management product.

The Email reminder capability and the ability for booking and management of Calendar, the Gingr is the required tool which can be implemented easily withiout much technical assistant all atis features are powerful.

Nice tool for most Construction projects scheduling and through the time have been using Gingr there was zero dislike to state.

steve
general manager in Kanada
Hausmeisterservice, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Gingr from day one

Kommentare: Overall, it has been a positive experience and I can say that as an early adopter of the software before it was improved to where it is now. Yes, there was growing pains, but the support team helped us through every issue until we rarely need to ask for help. There is also a vibrant community on FB. What I would like that I haven't seen is a way to see how other businesses are using Gingr. Some way to snapshot other peoples' processes to see if we could improve ours.

- the people behind the product are very responsive, especially the support team. Chat support has answered every question we have ever posed and on many occasions have gone above and beyond by following up with additional information and support after the initial contact - the software has a good amount of flexibility and customization to tailor it to the business rather than change business procedures to adapt to the software - frequent updates and improvements to the software - good knowledge base with lots of video reference. In fact, on many occasions the great support team has made custom videos to show me how to do something

- would like a bit more flexibility in customizing reports - client portal needs a bit more work, but there is a webinar next week, so that might be improved - would also like some customization control for run cards - not sure if this is a pro or con, but there are many features that we do not use in Gingr and still have enough to run a busy business. I expect other businesses use some features we don't but not all the ones we do. Bottom line is that with that much to offer there are a lot of features you can use to adapt Gingr to your specific business needs

Gisselle
Tierarzt, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good software but read the cons

Easy set up Easy to navigate at times Results are easy to pull Since it’s web based it making it easier to use on any device Checking out can sometimes be easy Better than most doggie kennel softwares. Much better !!

Some updates are not needed and make things more difficult to do. When asking support why end of day is different on different days, they weren’t able to explain why. Features that were promised are now being told aren’t taking place Promises for new products coming out are not met When website is down not easy to find a number for contact

Antwort von Gingr

Thank you for your review Gisselle! We are pleased that you enjoy Gingr's speedy check out features! Yes, you may not need all of the new features we release, but these are always 'opt in'. Many customers do have special needs, which drives us to develop new features for them. Our uptime is 99.99% over the past 12 months - better than any pet-care software on the market. We have auto backups for your software, so be sure to know how to login to your back up in case of any (infrequent) downtime. Do let us know what features you are wanting that we have not released yet. There are many priorities among our broad customer base, but we do listen to what is your priority!

Gil
VP in USA
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Pleasure To Use, Full of Features and Future Proof

Kommentare: I am co-owner of K9 Loft, a multi-location daycare, boarding, grooming and pet supply business in Los Angeles. I also handle the IT for K9 Loft. When it comes to POS software for this industry, I've tried it all and this is my takeaway: If you want to be stuck in the 90's and take your chances with a legacy product, there are dozens of options. But if you want a sleek, full-featured offering with new features and well thought out execution coupled with terrific support, then you will want to try Gingr. It is hands down the best I've seen. It resides in the cloud and therefore handles multiple locations with ease and provides us with assurance that our data is safe as opposed to spinning on a solitary hard drive at each location. I've had hard drives fail in the past. Even with backups, it is not a fun experience to restore and get back up and running. Gingr takes that potential risk away for good! Have you been to the Apple store? Do you want to offer your customers that type of experience? Gingr will allow you to do just that - have your staff check customers in and out with a tablet or iPod touch and get them away from behind the registers and engaging with your customers. Or, if you want, use a desktop/laptop. Both options work beautifully. Other great features include integrated credit card processing, PCI compliant credit card storage and tokenization, emailed receipts, customer signatures on a tablet or iPod touch, no more paper receipts (unless you want that!). If you're a business owner, you know how important these things are and how they can make your day to day operations so much smoother. For the busy grooming shop that is constantly on the phone calling customers to let them know their pet is ready for pick up, Gingr offers text/email notifications to customers with a simple click. No more missed phone calls or full customer voicemails. Gingr also does the basics extremely well: grooming commission reports and many more, daycare package tracking, holiday rates, boarding black out dates, reorder reports for inventory, incident reports, feeding/medication logs, vaccination logs, specialized rates for customers, deposit tracking, and so much more. I realize this is a long review, but I write this because I know what it's like to struggle with the current software offerings and am so happy I found Gingr. Maybe you will read this, try out Gingr, and it will be the beginning of a new start to your business.

Sandra
, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Gingr saved us!

Kommentare: Our computer crashed and we lost almost everything! The program we were using to run our daycare, boarding, and grooming facility, was downloaded on to our computer as opposed to Gingr which is web based. We did have the other program set up to back itself up into the cloud however unfortunately the company did not set it up correctly and they basically told us there is nothing we can do to help you. So in the midst of all that panic, we were advised to take a look at Gingr. And it has been a saving grace. There has been amazing customer service and assistance throughout the entire process from researching to going "live." Our point of contact, Michelle, is wonderful and check's in with me about once every two weeks just to make sure that everything is going smoothly and to see if we need anything. Honestly this sort of customer service and attention to detail, was totally different than from our previous program. And we so appreciate it!!!
Gingr is very user friendly, it has a great interface! If you ever do have any questions, there is a support site that is the most detailed, I have ever seen or worked with. The program was very easy to setup and so easy to train on! Our staff loves it and everything it is able to do. It is set up to do so much of the office side work for you once the information is loaded.
Our clients have also responded very positively to the new system. They love the customer side and all the pictures and report cards. I encourage them to give me feedback so that I can pass along any issues to other clients and honestly there have been none!
For anyone looking to change their facility software or thinking about opening up a daycare, boarding or grooming facility, do yourself a favor and seriously consider Gingr!! After our system crashed and we were scrambling, the ease and simplicity of this software was so refreshing! The customer service alone is reason enough to invest in this system.

Ease of use, system interface, support site, it is set up to do so much for you.

Nothing they are constantly approving it and adding new features.

Chuck
GM in USA
Gastgewerbe, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Gingr is the Best Option

Gingr is easy to learn and use in a busy daycare/boarding/kennel environment. We feel it’s the best option for kennel management software. Gingr also provides excellent customer support.

Gingr could use a better QA process.

Michele
Business Owner in USA
Tierarzt, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good software, but 1 major annoyance!

Kommentare: Overall I like the product but unfortunately I will be looking elsewhere because of this one frustrating glitch that they claim cannot be fixed.

It is easy to use, like the layout. Customer service is great, although I hate you can only chat. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Drop off times for boarding and grooming are extremely confusing to my clients. It consistently states to drop off at 12 AM!!!! What?? Even though it clearly states our opening time is 8:30 AM. I have to send emails to let clients know what the drop off and pick up times are for grooming AND boarding. And as you probably know, most people do not read! So I am constantly getting calls about the time, or a groom client will show up at 12 noon stating that is what Gingr told them (even though it says 12 A, so they are clearly not paying attention to anything.

Steve
Gastgewerbe, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Gingr Has Been A Game Changer

Kommentare: Gingr has been a great asset to our dog boarding facility. Internally we have become more efficient able to create reservations and check vaccinations records quickly. The integrated credit card processing makes for seamless transactions. Externally our customers are enjoying having their own portal and being able to request reservations, check the number of daycare blocks they have remaining, and seeing when vaccinations are due. Our customers also enjoy receiving report cards with the details of their dogs visit. We transitioned from another reservation software company and couldn't be happier. Our old program was resident on one computer only whereas now we can access the information from any computer, phone, or tablet. And if you're still doing things on pen and paper, you'll wonder why you didn't make this move sooner. There are a ton of reporting capabilities which honestly we're only scratching the surface of. Support is quick to respond and the software is always evolving based on feedback from actual users. We will certainly be using Gingr at our soon to be open second location and I highly endorse this program.

Modern interface, excellent support.

Importing customer records from old software to Gingr was time consuming.

Connie
owner in USA

Gingr for our Boarding, Daycare, Grooming, Training Facility

Kommentare: It helps us with maintaining client information, organization, scheduling, etc.

Easy to use, covers all of our services, web based, clients can use as well, customizable

areas needing further developed are not being done so in lieu of adding new, higher end and/or "perk" type additions. Certain features have some limitations/flaws that should be improved and or redone as they are key elements to the purpose of the software.

Antwort von Gingr

Thank you for your review Connie! We love to hear that you find Gingr easy to use, and that your customers find it easy to use as well! We continue to develop and refine features based on the feedback of our customers, and new technologies that we know will be helpful. We respond to feature requests, so please let us know what is important to you, so that our product and dev' team can hear more about YOUR needs! Best, Team Gingr

Kieran
Sales and Operations Manager in USA
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Gingr Review

Kommentare: Clarity and ease at which a new hire can begin to understand Gingr is rough. Overall, I would give Gingr 3/5 stars which is being generous.

Gingr does help organize information and tracks some of the important aspects of sales.

The software cannot be audited or adapted to fit specific needs for the client. Ex. Templates for confirmation e-mails or SMS text aren't flexible enough to personalize individual needs. Cannot track smaller aspects of pet care easily and clearly without jumping through a million hoops! Work with us Gingr and adapt to the needs of your clients!

Antwort von Gingr

Thanks for your review Kieren. Please note that you CAN customize all email and SMS templates. Please let our support team know how to best help you with that. Definitely check out our custom ICONS, which really help track those 'smaller' aspects of pet care, also Gingr's easy to use feeding- and medication- reports, as well as the custom notes functions!

Erin
owner in USA

Horrible set up and customer service

Your system can be on the cloud. Online reservations for clients, I no longer have a server at one location.

cost, ease of transition, online support, you cant call, everything is via a chat that is horrible and very difficult to communicate, they just send you articles to read so you can do it yourself, cumbersome, i could go on

Antwort von Gingr

We sincerely apologize that our support did not meet your needs. We completely understand that not having phone support may not be ideal to some, but we are very clear about our support policies up front. Our 100s of successful customers are able to use our chat and email resources to quickly communicate with our support team. These successful customers also find our support team to be highly effective in resolving any questions. We deliver the best value in support via live chat and email and online setup support calls. As a current Gingr customer we hope that you are feeling better about the support that we have provided since this review was submitted. If you are still having trouble, please reach out to us directly and we will be more than happy to help!

Brian

We transitioned a large business to Gingr this year, and their support team was superb.

Kommentare: it has saved us a lot of time and anguish over our old legacy database software.

We love the web based nature of it, and the features are what we need. We used a database style kennel management system for 10 years, and transferred over 2500 clients to Gingr. It took a lot of prework and planning, but the cutover when very well and we love the software. They are always releasing new features as well. You will not find better support than Gingr provides. It truly is amazing the support staff and their instant availability.

The invoicing is a bit too rigid perhaps. There could and should be more flexibility in the invoicing aspect in my opinion. Every business charges and handles invoicing differently, and we struggled a bit to adapt invoicing to our business process. We did eventually figure it out, but we did it using a workaround more than a feature.

Anne
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The backbone of our business!

Kommentare: Love it! It is the backbone of our business :-)

The software covers everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) we could possibly need for our business, from reservations to add-on services to grooming to tips and how to divide them to staff time clocks. I wouldn't be surprised if it can vacuum too :-) There is a learning curve with the program, but once you know how to use it, it is very user-friendly and intuitive. The integration with the credit card machines and the ability to export data to Excel is pretty awesome too.

The main issue we have found is connectivity, which may be due to our internet as well. Syncing with the database (when using multiple logins) sometimes lags the system at busy times, which can be frustrating, but at the rate Gingr is growing and upgrading recently, I'm sure these will be ironed out soon too.

Amanda
Vet manager in USA
Tierarzt, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Gingr review

Kommentare: Booking numerous reservations. Inputting a bunch of pet profiles.

Good software. User friendly. Simple to figure out, easy to input information. Documents are easily scanned.

This software doesn’t integrate with veterinary software. Gingr can be very glitchy. Everytime there is a new update gingr shuts down.

Antwort von Gingr

Hi Amanda, thank you for your review. We are pleased to have earned your high marks, especially with regards to Ease of Use, Features and Customer Support. True we don't integrate with veterinary software at this time - unfortunately these other companies do not want to integrate ;( - we keep asking them to! If you have any issues with 'glitchy', please reach out to our Support Team so they can help you - it sounds like you may need a little 'tune up' on your settings. Also, please note, Gingr does NOT 'go down' with a new update. These are seamless, and our uptime is 99.99% - the best in pet software!

Nathan

Overall the system has made our job easier. Their service and support are terrible.

The system is web based so you can access it from anywhere which makes it very easy for management to see what the staff sees if they are out of the building

The fact that Gingr feels it holds no responsibility to support their customers. We are not tech people and have businesses to run, if we were in IT we wouldn't have this system in the first place.

Antwort von Gingr

Hi Nathan. Thank you for your positive comments about the software. I¿m pleased to know that it has made your job easier. I truly regret that you had a less than positive experience with our support team. Having personally reviewed the issue, I see that the support team did provide a solution, with detailed instructions for implementation. Our company policy is that support does not change settings for customers after the business has gone live with the app, but instead advises the customer as to how to make the changes themselves. Regrettably, you elected not to use any of your included setup support calls prior to going live, so it makes sense that some things were not set up properly. We strongly advise that setup is thoroughly tested prior to going live, so that there aren't any surprises when you're up and running. Finally, in addition to providing a solution, considering your issue further, we made a code change to the app for you. I hope that helped. Thank you for your business.

Kaiti
Gastgewerbe, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great Customer Support

Kommentare: Overall my team and I are extremely satisfied with Gingr and it’s support site. Most everything we need to know is easily found.

The customer support staff is always very helpful and kind. They provide thorough answers to your questions and even send a video of how to do what you need.

The only thing I wish was that sometimes when I’m really stuck, I could call and speak with someone. The chat is nice, but I don’t always know exactly what or how to voice my issue.