Über Gingr

Gingr ist die führende Reservierungssoftware für die Heimtierbranche. Nutzerfreundlichster, erstklassiger Support und reichhaltige Funktionen.

Erfahre mehr über Gingr

Laurel F.
Einzelhandel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 12.4.2019

"Scaleable and Intuitive"

Kommentare: The free support team is great. We use them a LOT. We have been happy with out switch and hope that Gingr will continue to develop functionality in order to continuously support it's users as quickly as we are able to grow.

Vorteile: We switched to Gingr about a year ago from 123Pet. We had been using 123Pet since our company opened 10 years ago. Over 10 years we have expanded to 8 locations, and had begged 123Pet to keep up with our expanding company's needs. They could not. The switch to Gingr was daunting, but their customer service and support was excellent and we tackled it as a team. Gingr combines a central database, easy switching of locations in order to maximize bookings and lots of flexibility to customize how the software works to our business. They still have room to grow and functionality to develop but they are much closer to being able to support the size of our company than our previous software.

Nachteile: The services management component is excellent. The retail products management portion is still clunky, slow, and archaic. There are part of Gingr where you can update things for each location in one screen, but other functions (coupons, retail, pricing, etc) that you have to manage each location separately which is clunky.

• Bewertet am 12.4.2019
Dustin F.
Manager/Owner
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 7.5.2019

"Great software for the pet industry "

Kommentare: Great people, and great software

Vorteile: Designed with bootstrap so easy browsing on Mobile, tablets, and Desktops

Nachteile: Some of the layout is too cluttered, and some features are lacking

von Gingr an 5.12.2019

Thank you for your review Dustin!

While we 'bootstrapped' early stage, we now have a full team of developers and product leads. Gingr is mobile-friendly, for easy use on different screen sizes.

Thank you for your 'thumbs up', and let us know what features you would like us to add!

• Bewertet am 7.5.2019
Meredith W.
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 17.10.2019

"Don’t do it"

Kommentare: I’m beyond disappointed and frustrated.

Vorteile: User friendly, when we switched to this software the creators that also work in our industry were the owners. They were wonderful, then it got sold-twice.

Nachteile: The current owners are a credit card processing company and all they care about is cashing in on their fees. They have no empathy for business owners in our industry and they are failing fast. The software neglected to deduct credits off of packages for 2 days last month costing their clients thousands, anytime someone would post about this in their Facebook group it was deleted. How shady can you get?

von Gingr an 5.12.2019

Hi Meredith. Thank you for the review. We are sorry Gingr wasn't the right fit for you personally.

1st, to address a few facts: (1) Gingr was sold (once) to Togetherwork (TW), an independent holding company of niche software companies like Gingr. TW is not a credit card processing company.

Our primary founder and developer stayed, as have most of us. While TW is mostly hands off, they do provide new resources for us to grow & provide more value to our customers. For example, this year we hired (3) developers, (3) onboarding specialists and (3) support staff. This is a very positive move for the long term future of Gingr and our customers - it's good to know you can rely on a stable company for years to come.

Yes, we had a bug related to the deduction of package credits. This bug was fixed within 48 hours, and we helped all customers that needed it to mitigate the impact.

Our private FB group is open to positive & constructive contributions for fellow Gingr users.

• Bewertet am 17.10.2019
Amanda E.
Vet manager
Tierarzt, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 13.3.2020

"Gingr review"

Kommentare: Booking numerous reservations. Inputting a bunch of pet profiles.

Vorteile: Good software. User friendly. Simple to figure out, easy to input information. Documents are easily scanned.

Nachteile: This software doesn’t integrate with veterinary software. Gingr can be very glitchy. Everytime there is a new update gingr shuts down.

von Gingr an 13.3.2020

Hi Amanda, thank you for your review. We are pleased to have earned your high marks, especially with regards to Ease of Use, Features and Customer Support.

True we don't integrate with veterinary software at this time - unfortunately these other companies do not want to integrate ;( - we keep asking them to!

If you have any issues with 'glitchy', please reach out to our Support Team so they can help you - it sounds like you may need a little 'tune up' on your settings.

Also, please note, Gingr does NOT 'go down' with a new update. These are seamless, and our uptime is 99.99% - the best in pet software!

• Bewertet am 13.3.2020
Katherine M.
  • Bewertet am 4.5.2018

"It has given us the extra time needed to run the office more efficiently"

Kommentare: Extra time to spend with clients and boarding pets, staff love the reports, owner loves the wealth of detail the reports give us for all aspects of the business from occupancy count to grooming details.
Clients love the fact they no longer have to wait for the office to open and can make reservations 24/7 as well as confirm and make payments on line anytime.

Vorteile: It gives us more time to spend with the pets in our care and to provide more details to clients.
Clients love the fact that they don't have to wait for office hours to request boarding or grooming, especially on the weekend when we have short office hours. Also they love the deposit program since they no longer receive letters or mail payments!!

Nachteile: It is difficult to learn software over the internet but since I had an assistant who was able to help
it worked out fine but I wouldn't want to do it alone. However the support team was awesome and
had patience and wisdom in handling new owners

• Bewertet am 4.5.2018
Jasmin M.
Assistant Manager
Einzelhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 26.10.2019

"Loved it until the last update"

Kommentare: Overall I like the versatility of it for our Daycare, and Grooming Services.

Vorteile: I liked How simple and easy to use it was before the latest update. The prepayment option. Checkout process was simple.

Nachteile: Since the update there's a lot of Credit Card issues, issues with packages, can't do prepayments only deposits, constant glitches with showing a Notification Icon when there isn't any.

• Bewertet am 26.10.2019
Lauren D.
Owner/Operator
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

"Keep It Up Gingr!"

Kommentare: This has made our facility run so much more smooth - from everything involving staff management (clock-in, clock-out, timesheets, schedules), to running reports on everything. We also use the retail feature quite often. We know our clients are quite fond of being able to "log in" at any time to request reservations and/or appointments, and being able to purchase retail and package options.
We have already used three other software organizations, so we are still fairly new to Gingr and are still getting used to some of the features. However, we are sticking with this one!

Vorteile: I LOVE how easy it is to use. All of my employees learned really quickly - and there are so many features. Our clients really like the report cards, and the kennel/run cards are nice for busy facilities.

Nachteile: I dislike that it does not integrate with QuickBooks, as of right now.
Also, under the report cards function - it would be wonderful if the dogs would link to each other in the "friends/playmates" section, so you don't have to enter it a million times. This would make this feature run so much quicker.

Danielle H.
Company Owner
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 1.2.2019

"Everything you need for your business!!"

Vorteile: I have been using Gingr since it first began! My past two employers used it in their business so when it came time for me to choose a software for my new grooming business, there wasn’t even a question! I loved how easy it Is to use and train staff on. It makes communicating with clients so simple. All of the reports are useful. And I love that you can customize it to what fits your business!

Nachteile: There really isn’t anything I don’t like. There are so many improvements and enhancements in a regular basis, I think you all do a great job of listening to your customers and giving us what we need.

• Bewertet am 1.2.2019
Veterinary technician
Tierarzt, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 8.12.2019

"Great value for the quality of product"

Kommentare: Overall an amazing program, makes things so much easier to keep track of and feel good about the services you're providing.

Vorteile: So many good thing to say about this program. so easy to keep track of grooming and daycare reservations, payments, inventory, etc .

Nachteile: Some of the financial aspects were a little rough to navigate and sometimes had some glitches. Only place we're having trouble

von Gingr an 11.12.2019

Thank you for your gracious review. We are pleased you are finding it easier to track your reservations, payments and inventory.

Our support team can help you resolve any of the financial reporting and/or automation questions or issues you may have. Be sure to reach out to them so they can help!

Congratulations on selecting Gingr, and we are excited to support your continuing success!

• Bewertet am 8.12.2019
Norm P.
Tierarzt, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.4.2019

"gingr great for our dog resort"

Kommentare: working with Gingr has been great and when we occasionally run into an issue in how to handle something, their chat and support is helpful as well as efficient.

Vorteile: As an owner of a mid size dog boarding and daycare, we depend and rely on Gingr to run our business.
As a Software sales veteran of 30 plus years, Gingr has proven to be functional, flexible and reliable software solution.

Nachteile: From my vantage point, there are no negatives

• Bewertet am 11.4.2019
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 28.11.2018

"An EXCELLENT Decision - Gingr Continue to Impress Me!"

Kommentare: I love how I can keep a good eye on everything that's happening within our facility from wherever I am. With the tools in Gingr we've restructured our daycare rates and packages and have seen an overall increase of 25% in daycare revenues. It's a tighter system than the one we had before, and revenues don't fall through the cracks as with the old system. It's so easy to customize in so many ways. The manner in which they strive to add additional features and make existing ones even more usable continues to impress me. Built in communication tools are everywhere so that all the information is readily available for whoever needs access to it. It's state of the art and they strive to keep it so.

Vorteile: This is so much more than just a reservation and POS system. It's a very comprehensive program that facilitates excellent communication, organization, and streamlines processes. If they haven't thought of it yet, they likely will, as they continue to add features as fast as they can think of and integrate them within the program. I was skeptical at first about tech support being entirely online, and that's proven to work very well. They excel at customer service and have been very responsive to the handful of requests I've made for features. The integrated tip feature has increased employee tips tenfold to the point they're a significant contribution to our employee's paychecks.

Nachteile: The financials took a little getting used to, and their integration with QBO is taking awhile. I understand that though and appreciate their position of wanting to be certain they do it well. I've had experiences with other programs that integrate poorly and leave messes to clean up. It's worth waiting if it's done well. I don't like how their credit card processing rates are set up. They will match existing rates, and if we go out and look for better rates they will match the best we can find. As anyone who's ever gone shopping for credit cards knows, that is such a hassle, and I find it very disingenuous that we have to pretend to shop around in order to be offered better rates. If I'm going to go through that trouble, I will simply switch processors or divert some of my processing in another direction.

• Bewertet am 28.11.2018
Steve L.
general manager
Hausmeisterservice, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 27.11.2018

"Gingr from day one"

Kommentare: Overall, it has been a positive experience and I can say that as an early adopter of the software before it was improved to where it is now. Yes, there was growing pains, but the support team helped us through every issue until we rarely need to ask for help. There is also a vibrant community on FB. What I would like that I haven't seen is a way to see how other businesses are using Gingr. Some way to snapshot other peoples' processes to see if we could improve ours.

Vorteile: - the people behind the product are very responsive, especially the support team. Chat support has answered every question we have ever posed and on many occasions have gone above and beyond by following up with additional information and support after the initial contact
- the software has a good amount of flexibility and customization to tailor it to the business rather than change business procedures to adapt to the software
- frequent updates and improvements to the software
- good knowledge base with lots of video reference. In fact, on many occasions the great support team has made custom videos to show me how to do something

Nachteile: - would like a bit more flexibility in customizing reports
- client portal needs a bit more work, but there is a webinar next week, so that might be improved
- would also like some customization control for run cards
- not sure if this is a pro or con, but there are many features that we do not use in Gingr and still have enough to run a busy business. I expect other businesses use some features we don't but not all the ones we do. Bottom line is that with that much to offer there are a lot of features you can use to adapt Gingr to your specific business needs

• Bewertet am 27.11.2018
Barry O.
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 9.1.2019

"Searching for clients, tip report"

Kommentare: Fantastic system is great to work with easy to search, everything's in front of you I love how you can put employee notes I love how we can put incident reports I love how we can upload pictures I think your is system is awesome overall I give it a big fat 10 hands down the best if I could give you better than a 10 I would please work on the tips.

Vorteile: Ginger is fantastic for searching for clients it's a great system we have now been using it for 2 years we deal with a 150 dogs on a daily basis it always run smoothly it's easy for the customers with check outs to have their cards on file was fantastic they're not fumbling for their card anymore or running outside to get their credit card there's so many good features about Ginger I'm really not sure which ones to touch bases on, I thank you guys for an awesome system. Keep up the great work Thank You for everything.

Nachteile: The one feature I don't like about gingr is the tips we cannot separate tips to each individual I think Ginger should have a drop down Box That has a link with groomers names, and each of the dog trainers so that at the end of the 2 week payroll we don't have to go over all the tips and figure out who gets what? If you go to one of your competitors it's called kennel suite they have that feature that works really well that is the only thing that I'm not happy with on your system other than that it is fantastic. Again thank you very much for everything and have a Happy New Year.

Kennel Manager
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 23.4.2019

"Not worth the price."

Kommentare: All the work and stress I put into it was not worth the product that we have now. The set up has been labor intensive and has not made things any easier than the software we were working with before. It has taken us over six months to get it up and running and have been told that there are things that our old (free) software did easily that GingR just can't do. When I reach out for support I frequently get conflicting information from different staff members. I honestly would have gone with Pet Exec if I had known.

Vorteile: Making boarding reservations is simple, the software keeps up with tracking vaccines, easy to add photos, returns are easy, the reports section is extensive, viewing lodgings is easy and helps for planning busy times.

Nachteile: Scheduling services can be difficult, software requires a lot of information from clients, special pricing/discounts for same family pets is very difficult, no phone assistance during set up or after, you can't adjust reservations once they're ended. Setting up took months as I am not a software designer and had no idea what I was doing. The whole time I really felt like I was on my own in setting everything up. Once we were set up there is no actual staff training - they just expect you to watch a video for everything. For the software to run the way its designed you need all teams in your business to be using computers/tablets all the time - not really ideal for people working with animals.

von Gingr an 29.4.2019

Thank you so much for your candid feedback. We are sorry to hear that the implementation process was difficult for you. We are always looking for ways to improve this process so we appreciate you sharing your thoughts here. Would it help if we were able to hop on a phone call to go through some of your concerns? With that, hopefully we can get some of these final items ironed out so that you're able to continue being successful using our product.

• Bewertet am 23.4.2019
Sue M.
  • Bewertet am 27.3.2018

"We can not say enough good things about Gingr! Best. Decision. Ever.!!!"

Kommentare: Saved time and money immediately! Their customer service is outstanding! We absolutely LOVE Gingr!

Vorteile: Our favorite part of Gingr is the ease of use along with outstanding customer service! We switched software after 8 years in business and a customer base of over 6000. It was an extremely scary thought since we were using the same software since day one. The prep did not happen in a day by any means but I will say Gingr has it laid out extremely well in a step by step "to-do list" that made it fool proof. Follow all the steps, watch and read the help articles and it will pay off when it comes time to transfer your information over. We were using not only a software that had ZERO customer support but also had limited reports and functions. Our customers LOVE that they can interact with the system, set up reservations and view their account on their own time. Every process in our day to day activities were streamlined saving us time and money immediately. Training our employees was simple and it was fun seeing how excited they were to dig deeper and explore new ways to do tasks. Our incoming phone calls have now been reduced, which was our hope, since the customers can do more on their own such as buying packages and making reservations. Lets talk ink and paper...the savings on this alone makes Gingr more then worth it. Also, the credit card system is outstanding along with the emailed report cards and receipts. I researched different software systems for 2 years and I definitely made the right choice with Gingr! If you are considering switching, look no further!

Nachteile: I know there is usually a down side when switching software. I waited to write this review for 4 days so that I could come up with something that would be helpful to let a new potential client know if considering Gingr. We have now been using Gingr for 2 months and I can not think of one thing that I like least about this software.

• Bewertet am 27.3.2018
Richard B.
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 10.1.2019

"Wonderful Custom Software For Our Insdustry"

Kommentare: Originally we were a pen-and-paper business, and we were doing well. With Gingr we are able to do even better. I was surprised at how much more information we have about our clients, our business and so forth. The entire business is much more precise- we can set more accurate goals, predict more accurately our future revenue, and take reservations much further in advance. With online registration and a unified, simple way of receiving information we have been able to be more agile as well- capturing business from out-of-town clients that other daycares in the area have to pass up because they have no system of getting owners to sign agreements while they live in other states, etc. Gingr won't make or break your business, but it does make running a doggy daycare much easier, and gives you a wide suite of tools to use in order to make that happen.

Vorteile: Being a browser-based tool makes using Gingr easy from any device. Because we don't need to install software, our computers are now Chromebooks which are much cheaper than a full laptop. I can check on the business from my phone, when I'm at home, on vacation or even just in an inconvenient area of the building. I also really like that you can easily send out a marketing email to targeted customers within the software- no need to fuss with Mailchimp when I can just shoot an email to whichever customer group I want to target (been to see us within 6 months, hasn't been in to see us in 6 months, new clients, older clients, etc).

Nachteile: There can be display issues at times that are mildly annoying- menus sometimes get in the way of the other parts of the site (a not-uncommon occurrence in newer web design I've found). Not enough to cause issues though.

• Bewertet am 10.1.2019
Tracy M.
Tierarzt, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 5.12.2018

"Best Fit for our Business and so easy for staff to learn"

Kommentare: It's been a great experience! Definitely worth the switch. I continue t look at other software options, just to stay on top of whats out there, and nothing ever comes as closed to meeting our needs the way Gingr does. Support is very quick to respond and is always a pleasure to deal with. I tend to bother them with questions on a regular bases but they are always there to answer them!

Vorteile: Our favorite aspect is the Multi-location set up. We have 2 locations located only 7 miles apart so we are constantly switching back and forth and handling reservations and both. The Shared database makes this so easy for our staff and clients - they can go back and forth between locations and only ever have to worry about updating their information one time.

Nachteile: There is very little flexibility with the invoicing set up, if an error is made, it usually needs fixed in a way that clutters the transaction list and can make it look more confusing. The software we used Prior to Gingr allowed us to make changes to a completed invoice, and those changes would then update the clients balance. For example, if we charged for an extra Peanut Butter Kong, we could go back and change the quantity, and then the clients file would reflect a credit for that amount. With Gingr, once an invoice is complete there is no making changes or adjustments. I'd prefer to be able to correct mistakes right within the invoice so it is easy to reference later.

• Bewertet am 5.12.2018
Lindsay A.
  • Bewertet am 6.2.2017

"Amazing software and customer support!!"

Kommentare: We are a boarding, daycare and veterinary facility. Up until now, we ran our boarding and daycare off of the animal hospital's software- which was not intended for large scale boarding or daycare. But we made it work for a few years... After traveling to a boarding and daycare conference, we were introduced to GIngr. They showed us what a true "boarding and daycare software" is really like. We were quickly sold and signed on with the Gingr family while at the show. It is one of the best business decisions we have made by far!
Just like any new software, it takes time to get the software set up to follow your current operating procedures and pricing and to get all of the staff trained, but that process was surprisingly very smooth! Gingr support made the set up and training process very simple. Their training videos and help tutorials are perfect and easy to follow. They also have chat support available at all times and some phone support available as well. We have only been "live" with the software for about 3 weeks, but we have already noticed how much more time our staff has! What took a ridiculous amount of time or excessive mouse-clicks on our last software is now either obsolete or can be done in a click or two with Gingr.
We are also using their credit card processing as well, which we love! They have a wide range of reports to run for any purpose imaginable.
In a nutshell, we are in love with Gingr all around and we are mad we did not look into new software sooner! (Or veterinary side is even jealous now about how much cooler and better our software is than theirs! )

Vorteile: - It is customizable
- Ease of daycare and boarding check-ins
- Support and help is easily accessible
- The fact that it is a cloud based software and I can access it at home and help staff if they are having problems
- There is now a time-clock feature!
- Email and SMS communication with clients
- Easy training for staff
- Tablet friendly
- Clients can request and reserve reservations from home

Nachteile: - I look forward to the future possibility of owners being able to edit their pet's reservations and services from home

• Bewertet am 6.2.2017
Andy G.
  • Bewertet am 3.4.2018

"Exactly the software we were looking for."

Kommentare: The software helps eliminate the hassle of managing all facets of the business, and keeps them all under one easy to use umbrella. It frees up staff time from having to field countless phone calls and answer emails. Extraordinary software that gives us confidence we aren't forgetting to feed or medicate dogs. I really can't say enough good things about this software. So glad we picked it to help us run our business.

Vorteile: The customization options this software allows are phenomenal. From schedules to pricing to additional services, there is a lot packed under the hood here. We love that you can use it on a desktop, tablet, or phone. The ability to do off-site private training and check in and check out, use customers credit cards on file, is perfect for our needs. Managing the day to day operations of daycare and Boarding are a snap once you learn how to navigate the software. it can be a little intimidation at first, but the more you tinker with it the more you understand how it's laid out and how it can work for you. By far the best experience so far is with the on-boarding specialist. They really take the time to walk you through the set-up phase and make sure you have the software exactly how you want it. It's good to have those calls, take advantage of them. Go in with a game plan of what you want to accomplish and they will help make it happen. From the start to finally using the software it's been a great experience. It certainly helps free up my staff to actually work with dogs and not spend all the time on the phone or answering emails. Highly recommend it.

Nachteile: A little bit of a learning curve and it can be slightly intimidating to start, but the more you use it and get comfortable with it, it becomes second nature. Very intuitive once you get the flow of things.

• Bewertet am 3.4.2018
Gisselle A.
  • Bewertet am 8.5.2019

"Good software but read the cons"

Vorteile: Easy set up
Easy to navigate at times
Results are easy to pull
Since it’s web based it making it easier to use on any device
Checking out can sometimes be easy
Better than most doggie kennel softwares. Much better !!

Nachteile: Some updates are not needed and make things more difficult to do.
When asking support why end of day is different on different days, they weren’t able to explain why.
Features that were promised are now being told aren’t taking place
Promises for new products coming out are not met
When website is down not easy to find a number for contact

von Gingr an 5.12.2019

Thank you for your review Gisselle!

We are pleased that you enjoy Gingr's speedy check out features!

Yes, you may not need all of the new features we release, but these are always 'opt in'. Many customers do have special needs, which drives us to develop new features for them.

Our uptime is 99.99% over the past 12 months - better than any pet-care software on the market. We have auto backups for your software, so be sure to know how to login to your back up in case of any (infrequent) downtime.

Do let us know what features you are wanting that we have not released yet. There are many priorities among our broad customer base, but we do listen to what is your priority!

• Bewertet am 8.5.2019
Sandra E.
2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 23.2.2017

"Gingr saved us!"

Kommentare: Our computer crashed and we lost almost everything! The program we were using to run our daycare, boarding, and grooming facility, was downloaded on to our computer as opposed to Gingr which is web based. We did have the other program set up to back itself up into the cloud however unfortunately the company did not set it up correctly and they basically told us there is nothing we can do to help you. So in the midst of all that panic, we were advised to take a look at Gingr. And it has been a saving grace. There has been amazing customer service and assistance throughout the entire process from researching to going "live." Our point of contact, Michelle, is wonderful and check's in with me about once every two weeks just to make sure that everything is going smoothly and to see if we need anything. Honestly this sort of customer service and attention to detail, was totally different than from our previous program. And we so appreciate it!!!
Gingr is very user friendly, it has a great interface! If you ever do have any questions, there is a support site that is the most detailed, I have ever seen or worked with. The program was very easy to setup and so easy to train on! Our staff loves it and everything it is able to do. It is set up to do so much of the office side work for you once the information is loaded.
Our clients have also responded very positively to the new system. They love the customer side and all the pictures and report cards. I encourage them to give me feedback so that I can pass along any issues to other clients and honestly there have been none!
For anyone looking to change their facility software or thinking about opening up a daycare, boarding or grooming facility, do yourself a favor and seriously consider Gingr!! After our system crashed and we were scrambling, the ease and simplicity of this software was so refreshing! The customer service alone is reason enough to invest in this system.

Vorteile: Ease of use, system interface, support site, it is set up to do so much for you.

Nachteile: Nothing they are constantly approving it and adding new features.

• Bewertet am 23.2.2017
Gil D.
VP
  • Bewertet am 2.6.2015

"Pleasure To Use, Full of Features and Future Proof"

Kommentare: I am co-owner of K9 Loft, a multi-location daycare, boarding, grooming and pet supply business in Los Angeles. I also handle the IT for K9 Loft. When it comes to POS software for this industry, I've tried it all and this is my takeaway: If you want to be stuck in the 90's and take your chances with a legacy product, there are dozens of options. But if you want a sleek, full-featured offering with new features and well thought out execution coupled with terrific support, then you will want to try Gingr. It is hands down the best I've seen. It resides in the cloud and therefore handles multiple locations with ease and provides us with assurance that our data is safe as opposed to spinning on a solitary hard drive at each location. I've had hard drives fail in the past. Even with backups, it is not a fun experience to restore and get back up and running. Gingr takes that potential risk away for good! Have you been to the Apple store? Do you want to offer your customers that type of experience? Gingr will allow you to do just that - have your staff check customers in and out with a tablet or iPod touch and get them away from behind the registers and engaging with your customers. Or, if you want, use a desktop/laptop. Both options work beautifully. Other great features include integrated credit card processing, PCI compliant credit card storage and tokenization, emailed receipts, customer signatures on a tablet or iPod touch, no more paper receipts (unless you want that!). If you're a business owner, you know how important these things are and how they can make your day to day operations so much smoother. For the busy grooming shop that is constantly on the phone calling customers to let them know their pet is ready for pick up, Gingr offers text/email notifications to customers with a simple click. No more missed phone calls or full customer voicemails. Gingr also does the basics extremely well: grooming commission reports and many more, daycare package tracking, holiday rates, boarding black out dates, reorder reports for inventory, incident reports, feeding/medication logs, vaccination logs, specialized rates for customers, deposit tracking, and so much more. I realize this is a long review, but I write this because I know what it's like to struggle with the current software offerings and am so happy I found Gingr. Maybe you will read this, try out Gingr, and it will be the beginning of a new start to your business.

• Bewertet am 2.6.2015
Debra S.
  • Bewertet am 21.2.2019

"Great Product."

Kommentare: I have been doing my scheduling and invoicing the same way for 15 years. To say the least it was cumbersome and hard to teach. I used Kennel Connection ONLY for scheduling and then I used QuickBooks for invoicing. It was a lot of work and if you weren't careful you could easily make mistakes and have missed revenue. I was constantly double and triple checking EVERYTHING everyday and sometimes several times a day! I went back and forth on changing to Gingr. First, I would say I was going to do it and then I would change my mind. Why break what is already working?? One day I just finally thought, it's time. I contacted Gingr and signed up. My onboarding person was Rep. I had about a week of watching videos about Gingr before our first call and I could tell this process was going to be daunting. In a previous life, I built databases and one database I built was for inventory control for chemical plant that moved millions of pounds of product daily. So, Gingr should be a breeze...LOL. Gingr is a breeze if you put the work in!! If you are not committed to HOURS upon HOURS of work then I think you would not get the same satisfaction that I got from working within this product. Once I began to understand Gingr, I was addicted to getting everything perfect. Rep was wonderful and very helpful. I was so happy he was my onboarding specialist and will miss our weekly phone chats. We have been live for 1 week and it's the best decision I have made in years!

Vorteile: I would have to say just about everything. My staff and I are absolutely thrilled with the Gingr software.

Nachteile: I thought during the set up of Gingr that when I reviewed this product; I would say that the set up process would be my biggest con. Now that the set up process is done, it was actually the best learning experience that I have had in a long time. I am actually going to miss the hours upon hours of time that I put in and don't know what I am going to do with my time anymore...;-).

• Bewertet am 21.2.2019
Kelly B.
  • Bewertet am 2.12.2018

"Gingr has sent me into early retirement!"

Kommentare: Prior to signing on with Gingr, I tried out and consulted with several software companies. For various reasons, none of the other programs were well suited for us. After speaking with sales from Gingr and having every question answered and every possible issue given a work around, I decided to sign on. It has been a HUGE deal for myself and my husband. It has basically put us into early retirement. The time we were spending on paperwork, Quickbooks Google Calendar, email, phone, and text was cut by at least 75%. The customer service/communication has been perfect...much better than any other company that I tested. We're going into our 3rd year with Gingr... It sounds silly, but I can honestly say that Gingr has changed my life for the better!

Vorteile: Easy sign up, Easy set up process with Gingr staff, Exemplary customer service, Excellent versatility (fits our unique services). I love that our cage-free, taxi and "one hour play trips with taxi" services still fit the software capabilities of Gingr.

Nachteile: It would be nice if some pages opened in new tabs, but that's such a minor thing that I'm sure they would fix if properly requested.

• Bewertet am 2.12.2018
Myriah S.
Club Pet Boarding Manager
  • Bewertet am 12.9.2017

"My overall experience with Gingr and their customer service team has been great!"

Vorteile: 1. The customer service team!!
2. Ease of use
3. Multiple ways to do one thing like checking in pets
4. Uploading files, CC information stored securely
5. Color coded vaccination expiration icons
6. Marketing capabilities
7. Automatic emails to clients

Nachteile: 1. The very small character limit on the Belongings box
2. Only one type of food allowed per feeding time (would love it if I could include both wet and dry food for all feedings!)
3. When printing 'Previous Balance' and 'Package Purchased' invoices, the client's name does not appear
4. I would like more reporting capability options on some of the Reports, like the ability to see all new clients who have completed a reservation within a specific date range; see how many returning pets have completed a reservation during a specific date range without having to subtract the pets who are still in house or the ability to remove all reservations checking out after a certain date when using the Future Revenue Generator
5. I would like the ability to change reservation dates for all pets in the same family at the same time instead of having to change each of their reservations separately

• Bewertet am 12.9.2017