Über Toast POS

Toast ist ein All-in-one-POS- und Restaurantmanagementsystem, das die Effizienz verbessern und die Kosten drastisch reduzieren soll.

Erfahre mehr über Toast POS

It is a very easy to use app. Allows to manage your orders, track them and most important to deal with online orders.

Bewertungen zu Toast POS

3,7
3,9

Toast POS hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,2 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 505 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Toast POS bereits verwendet?

Jayelynn
Jayelynn

Incredibly Efficient!

Kommentare: Overall, I'm thrilled we switched to Toast. It's simple to use, has made us more efficient, and wasn't as expensive as similar systems.

Compared to POS systems I've used in the past, Toast is a lifesaver! It has tremendously improved efficiency and flow of our Taproom. We now have the ability to swipe a card and store credit card information; which is a huge benefit for those of us in co-op spaces. Although they look bulky, their handhelds fit into your back pocket and allow us to close tabs out table side. They are shock and water resistant, plus you can log into more than one device at the same time so if you're working alone, you can close out multiple parties at once. As a GM, I'm grateful that Toast is not only cloud-based, but allows me to access the back end from my laptop or smart phone so I don't have to be onsite to make system changes. Updates are incredibly quick so there's not a ton of down time. There is also Toast Central, where you can troubleshoot issues yourself rather rather than immediately calling Support. They are helpful instructions with screenshots and videos.

Customer Support is hit or miss. I always get an answer, it's just a matter of when I get it. After hours and on weekends, I feel like their staffing is very limited which leads to delays in getting immediate help. Thankfully it's only happened once where I needed a quick answer and wasn't able to get it.

Antwort von Toast

Hi Jayelynn, Jasmine from Toast here. Thank you for your feedback. We are thrilled to hear how multiple features of Toast have improved your operations, and that you are taking full advantage of Toast Central as a resource!

Ashley
Accountant in USA
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Toasts to Toast

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Toast is the easies POS to use from front end to back end. They are the most compatible POS company for restaurants that I've had the experience working with.

Toast is growing fast and does seem to make some changes before doing any user research to see how the changes will affect the users who interact with it most. I'm happy to see them grow, but don't lose the user friendliness we all know and love!

vor 3 Wochen

Hi Ashley, thanks for taking the time to share your experience using Toast! We encourage you to join our online community at Community.toasttab.com to connect with other restaurant leaders. Hope to see you there!

Mark
CEO in Puerto Rico

Worst Customer Service

1,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Horrible. Now I have to cancel Toast from all my restaurants and start with a new company. Not happy. All because they will not get anything accomplished for you if you are being overcharged, to online ordering isn't working correctly, to menu manager not functioning properly. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS SOFTWARE even though the functionality appears to be great. Not worth the hassle.

I did like the functionality but the service is so bad, it does not matter how good the software is.

Customer service, Toast adding billable products and never taking them off because you cannot get a hold of customer service.

vor 4 Wochen

Hi Mark, I'm sorry to hear that this has been your experience. I'll be reaching out to directly to learn more how we can help support you here.

ROB
Essen & Trinken, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Over all a good decision

Kommentare: We are happy, server dig it and we are looking at otherways to see it. SOme of the features like event management or online ordering are too pricey for a small store.

Working with toast on the set up was great and easy. As we have grown their support has been solid. Not like other POS we have used in the past.

Reporting is eh and needs work...mostly data is there, just not obvious how to get what you need and they have to data dump and email it. Also, menus for serving customers can get a little much drilling sometimes 2-3 levels deep to do an 8 oz brown ale.

vor 2 Monaten

Hi Rob, thanks for sharing your experience using Toast.

Adam
Adam
Essen & Trinken, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The system is great! The customer support is not.

Kommentare: The product is solid. If you are looking for a highly customizable system, Toast is perfect for you. I would recommend that if you make the change to Toast, have a personal resource that is good with technology so you can avoid customer service calls. Some of their add-ons are not worth the trouble, but the core POS system is top-notch!

As far as POS systems go, Toast is very user-friendly and highly customizable to your restaurant, bar, or venue. It is easy to set up and when changes need to be made, they are easy to do.

If you need customer support to resolve an issue, help with a feature you may be unfamiliar with or network support, Toast is very weak in this area. The customer service reps have minimal knowledge and are running off a script with no actual knowledge of the product. In the event they need to "escalate" your issue, the call is over at that point. The ability to speak with someone with the knowledge to help you with your issue promptly is practically non-existent. DO NOT use Toast Payroll services. They greatly messed up on tax reporting and nearly caused a significant increase in our IRS fees due to their incompetence.

vor 2 Monaten

Hi there, thank you for sharing your feedback using Toast. We understand customer support is important and will continue to make strides to improve your experience as a customer. -

Joshua
President in USA

A Start Up Micro Brewery

Kommentare: Really like toast. However, as we grow the cost is getting quite high to test and implement new functions. Almost to the point where I am considering having a program written specifically for our business. Still, toast is great.

Customer Service is excellent. Easy to teach and easy to learn. Intutitve

With costs of integrations and addons feels like we are getting nickled and dimed.

vor 4 Monaten

Hi Joshua, thanks for sharing your experience using Toast. We encourage you to join our online community at community.toasttab.com to connect with other Toast customers. - Carrisa

Charles
Operations Manager in USA
Essen & Trinken, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

An Affordable Alternative to Aloha and Micros

Kommentare: A perfect system for a small restaurant with a lot of very handy features. They are extremely flexible with pricing options.

TOAST is a solid point of sale system available for a very reasonable price. Adding, editing and removing menu items can be done quickly and remotely. Printer routing and other back of house set up is a breeze. Customer service staff is well trained and very reliable.

Not really designed for large scale/ high volume operations. KDS screens have some issues.

Britney
Bartender in USA

A Restaurant MUST!

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

How easy it is to set up and categorize. Also see sales report and track inventory.

When it freezes, glitches, or has an issue processing payments.

letzten Monat

Hi Britney, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and experience using Toast. - Carrisa

Sharon

Recommend Toast

Ease of using and training on. I have several younger and older employees and it is very easy to learn how to use the system. It is very simplified.

Not really anything. We have been really pleased with Toast hardware, customer support, product support and updates that we receive about new products and new equipment.

vor 2 Monaten

Hi Sharon, we appreciate your sharing your feedback and experience using Toast.

Rochelle
UGC creator in USA
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

My Experience With Toast POS

5,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Very good! In all my years that I worked as a server, Toast POS was by far my favorite POS system.

I loved how easy the POS system was to operate and all the additional features Toast has compared to other POS systems. Also, the handheld tablets make service 100% more efficient.

One big complaint I can remember is that when customers would use gift cards, and the gift card wouldn't fully cover the balance, the tip percentage would only reflect the balance that was left on the bill, and not the subtotal before the gift card was applied. This would result in very low tip percentages sometimes because most customers do not understand this.

vor 2 Wochen

Hi Rochelle, thank you for sharing this feedback. We'll be sure to pass this along to our team.

Gonca
Co-Founder in USA

Terrible Tech Support And Filled With Bugs

Kommentare: TOAST is actually one of the worst POS systems you can use. I have been a restaurant industry veteran on the owner's side for over a decade. Before that, I worked in the industry for another decade. Ask ten restaurants what they think of Toast, and 9 of them will tell you how awful they are. I know three off the top of my head who turned to Toast because we were using it, only to realize how awful the system is. Below are the reasons why Toast is a waste of money.

Affordable Customer facing customization

1. Their technical support is AWFUL. Every time we have a major support issue- now only does it take them DAYS to respond via email, but they almost always find a way to deflect the blame. 2. You cannot process voids or refunds properly through the system. We have tried countless times to do this, only to have the ticket not void, causing the customer to file for a chargeback. Keep in mind, TOAST charges you a fee every time they have to refund a customer via a chargeback claim. 3. For TWO YEARS now, our delivery receipts keep printing to our self-ordering kiosk's printer instead of our cashier facing printer. TWO YEARS! 4. Every single time they do an update on their system, it almost always crashes, freezes, or goes offline, causing our employees to freak out when they can't get it back up and running. 5. Despite us paying a premium for our monthly subscription, they still cannot get the gift card or loyalty reward program working properly. 6. We have our delivery zone set to a certain zip code, yet we still receive orders outside of this zip code, causing customers to get upset with us. Overall, from a price point, with how much your monthly subscription will run you and the amount of headaches and acid reflux you will deal with- it's not worth it. Go with Revel or Clover. Pass on this. You end up paying more in lost time, chargeback fees, and waste money on a subscription that doesn't even provide you with enough support.

Sam

Best POS out there

Kommentare: Overall, Toast is the most comprehensive POS, best value for the cost, and has great community support.

Software is user friendly. It has vast functionality and great reporting. I also use Toast Payroll which has been amazing.

Support is not efficient. It is time consuming to get problems resolved sometimes. Also the equipment did not hold up well- possibly due to the volume of our business.

Sarah

The first year with Toast

Kommentare: Compared to my past POS systems this is by far the most user friendly system and It keeps me updated. I am constantly finding new things I can utilize. My staff was also able to adapt to the new system easily. They are constantly showing me new things.. Millennials lol. I am sure with more time I will better understand the system and be able to use more of what it offers as I find it.

It is very user friendly. It is built that I can search for most of the things I may be questioning. The toast training videos were very helpful in the beginning. I like that I am able to find all of the reporting numbers I need as well as the guest engagement. Being able to send email campaigns directly from the system is a game changer. The pre loaded templates are super helpful as well.

That I did not have someone to actually help me with the initial stuff. We did not get help with end of day paperwork. The reports were off for an entire week until I noticed a discrepancy in the numbers. We Do counter service with a tip pool so we need overall numbers not numbers that I find after deductions. I also Cannot find a way to remove the Tip pool servers tips in my tip pool numbers. I need them to not be part of my final numbers for payroll purposes.

Shaz
Restaurants, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The Best-In-Class Cloud POS out there!

Toast is at the cutting edge of development and understanding of their customers. Their products are always customer-centric and are light years ahead of competition!

As with any organization, fast growth means lots to update, but they are handling this well. Support could be better too.

Anang
Restaurants, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Glad we selected this solution

Kommentare: Very pleased with our decision to replace our old solution with Toast.

Very feature rich with a robust online delivery platform that seamlessly integrates with the POS solution. Synchronization is almost immediate and we have seen a huge increase in online ordering already. The self service kiosk was easy to setup and has a great look and feel

Overwhelming and we have barely begun to turn on all the other features - customer loyalty, customer feedback, delivery and so on.

Antwort von Toast

Hi Anang, Jasmine from Toast here. We're thrilled to hear you have been driving online orders with Toast Digital Ordering as well as enjoying Toast Kiosk. We hope you will soon be able to take advantage of everything Toast has to offer! Please refer to Toast Central at https://central.toasttab.com/s/ for best practices and educational material while you get rolling.

Nick

Toast POS

Kommentare: A truly simple and effective system, the credit processing aspect is where I have the most concerns, but like taxes, it's unavoidable to a certain degree, but it's well documented that PROCESSING is a racket, where companies can, will, and do take advantage of unknowing, business operators who just simply don't have the time to research and find the best, most fair processing fees. I was not involved with the selection of this system, but operators get hosed regularly by processing fees, so do your due diligence because this is money which should be going into your account and back into your business

Toast is a cloud based POS system. It is easy to use, pretty intuitive. It doesn't come with the baggage of the traditional old school proprietary systems. I've worked in restaurants for 30 years, and have worked with all sorts of POS systems. This one is pretty straight forward.

It would be nice to have an ON screen list of 86 items, so you can ensure buttons are reactivated in a timely manner. Also, we recently had a charge back due to someone using someone elses credit card through the online ordering platform. This is where a guest literally orders and pays from their computer or mobile device, so WE at the store level have absolutely no interaction with the guest. I just simply do not understand how the charge back for that fraud comes out of OUR pocket, when it was the POS that approved and allowed the transaction. This seems highly unfair. Every dollar counts. This was a big order too like $200. Might not seem like much, but when you're fighting and scraping to maximize your profits, it hurts.

vor 6 Monaten

Hi Nick, Carrisa here with Toast. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a thoughtful review. Thank you for sharing your experience navigating the platform and your pain points. We'll be sure to pass this along to our team for review.

Joan
Management Advisor in USA

A Nightmare from Day 1

Kommentare: Customer service is abysmal. We got a hard sales pitch from their rep, and they knew we needed a seamless launch, as we have two busy locations. After several weeks of discussions and group calls with their rep, we were all assured by Toast rep, before launch date, that everything was set to go, no additional settings or tweaks would be needed. As it turned out, there were MANY essential steps that were never explained in advance. When I called the rep, and asked if she could do a one-on-one site visit to troubleshoot and complete setup (as other companies do!!) she rather snottily said, "I'm the sales rep, not customer service. We have a 24/7 sales line if you have problems." I asked to be referred to our dedicated service rep -- again, something every other company we deal with has -- and was told they don't offer that, only their 'help line.'!! When I expressed surprise, she got obnoxious and said "Well, we are the leader all over the world so we must be doing something right." Being that the setup is VERY un-user-friendly and counterintuitive, we were appalled, but had already invested a huge amount of time getting our online ordering transitioned to Toast and invested in the equipment, so decided to try to make it work. Ongoing, it's customer support, along with system function, has been terrible. Equipment has been gitchy and we've had many times where back of house functions misfire. It's been a disaster for our takeout orders, we've lost customers & $

It initially fulfilled our need to have orders print out directly in kitchen and for system to integrate with delivery services and online ordering...

1) Overly complicated for our front of house management 2) Customer service is abysmal - there is allegedly a 24/7 help line, which is NOT always available. There have been times when we had major system issues during busy hours and had to leave message to wait for a callback. Unlike every other b-to-b service we use, they don't have dedicated customer reps - all the manpower is in sales, and once they've got you installed -- even before successful setup -- they drop you. Bait and switch. 3) Proprietary equipment is expensive and prone to errors/breakdown

Kelly
Director of Operations in USA
Gastgewerbe, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Satisfied user

The online access is the most important. Being able to make changes in real time with no service interruptions.

I wish I could process payments for customers on the desktop version. Same for gift cards sales.

vor 5 Monaten

Hi Kelly, thanks for the positive review and for sharing your feedback. Join our online community at community.toasttab.com to connect with other restaurant leaders and get support from the Toast team.

Mahesh
GM in USA

Best POS with Most Half Baked Features and Worst Support

- Easy installation - Easy to use - Suitable for small businesses with doesn't offer delivery services

- Worst support - Not suitable for Pizza restaurants - Doesn't offer half and half toppings option - Online ordering doesn't provide any protection against disputes - Every module is an additional charge(online ordering, mobile order and pay, marketing, API, integrations, kiosk, kitchen display system, multi location modules) - Reporting doesn't differentiate between overtime and double time pay - Discounts based on dining options are not available(Discounts can not be set only for take out orders - all the discounts are valid on all type(take out & delivery) order ) - Online ordering page doesn't provide required picture specs(like resolution and aspect ratio). Pictures won't be optimized at all to make the online ordering page faster. - Unable to customize location picker page - They claim that they are the payment processors but fail to take responsibility or help with disputes - Once a restaurant is live its hard to get resolution for any issue(imagine even with 9 restaurant we struggled more than ever)

Sarah
Essen & Trinken, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

We love Toast POS!

Kommentare: Keeping our menus in sync with what is actually available, an easy-to-use app, and plenty of modifications to menu appearance/organization/labeling are some of our top priorities. As we have added additional locations for our business, keeping active employees and menus accurate across locations has been a learning curve, but overall the functionality of Toast between locations has been very good. We love using Toast and recommend it highly whenever we can!

This software is incredibly user friendly. Anyone can learn how to use all the functions of Toast if they're willing to go through the plentiful help articles and/or watch the videos. Toast is easy to edit, easy to organize, and the app works much better than other mobile apps we've used for our coffee shop. The reporting options are very helpful, managing active employees, time entries, and menu organization is all very simple!

If I could change anything, it would be me to make absolutely everything 100% customizable. The only complaint I've ever had with Toast is there are a few things over the years we've wanted to tailor specifically for our business and its locations, but haven't had the ability via Toast. However, there are new features being added consistently, so I have no doubts that the Toast team is committed to making the software as best as it can possibly be.

Chief Creative Officer in USA

The Cloud is the future

Kommentare: I have personally, been a Toast user for over 10 years and have seen the progression and realized what a great centralized system such as toast POS can do for the operation and control of our business, providing the nuclear us for various peripheral’s they give us insight into our total operation

Toast software is updated. Constantly, I find this refreshing and knowing that new features and securities are always top of mind from the engineers, we constantly submit future requests to help provide valuable input on the usefulness in the marketplace.

Often times, toast engineers, create features are pathways to solve issues, and Toast could do a better job at leading the operators know that these features exist, and the problem-solving is built-in

Andrew
Restaurants, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Online ordering is a mess

Kommentare: The system is slick but they don't help you get it going correctly.

Great analytics but the on boarding and follow up customer service is embarrassing.

I've been trying to set up online ordering for weeks now. It's been counting a lot of problems because of the basic lack of customer support. They are responsive but spend a lot of time telling you how they understand where you're coming from without actually solving any problems. It got so ridiculous that I asked a basic question about how toast had approved a test transaction outside of the 5 mile delivery radius and what happens if a customer did this. The agent I was poking with actually told me that she didn't know what would happen, or even if those delivery services was functional right now. I asked her frank advice as to whether or not I could trust the system I if I turned it on and she said she didn't know. I was supposed to receive a follow up call from a manager this morning and have now been waiting by my phone for two hours past the appointed time. Also, I was actually charged a fee for setting up online ordering when I first got the system. Just embarrassing.

Rachel
freelance in USA

Great POS for restaurants

Kommentare: After over a year the restaurant is still super happy with the switch

I was hired to help customize, train, and implement this new software at a friends restaurant. I have worked with a few different POS systems and this was by far the most user friendly. Easy to customize their menus and check preferences. Easy to update if we figured out how we originally entered in an item needed to be changed. Cloud based so when not on sight I was able to fix remotely when not at the restaurant. Also the handheld option is great for taking orders and splitting checks on the fly. Also were able to implement gift cards with the new system.

No real cons. The only downside was the initial few days after switching for the staff to get used to it.

Antwort von Toast

Hi Rachel, Mora from Toast here. We're thrilled to hear that you've found Toast simple to teach and easy to update. Thanks for the review!

No support

Kommentare: Overall the customer service is the problem. We were a new business so we asked them to help us set it up. Obviously all of our questions did not arise during that initial setup and they never properly set it up for our menu/service. Support was a joke in helping us thereafter. We have not even used all the modules out of frustration. We have had to make adjustments we go , but it is still not optimized after 3 years. We wanted this to work for us because it is such an easy to use and adjust platform, but, we are considering a new company after 3 years. If you are a new business and not sure how to set this up, find another company. The support team is clearly not skilled. There will be issues. They will advise you to watch countless videos. That is not support.

Relatively easy to use if set up properly. Easy to adjust menu on the fly. Offline CC processing. Payroll is responsive.

They do not give you the time of day unless they are trying to sell you something. Waste of money paying them to set it up. We can't even get good support using a free trial of their new service modules . They will just tell you how much this will increase your sales.

Denise
Restaurants, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Great Resource for Restaurant Management

Kommentare: Overall happy with the product and will likely continue to be as they are forever growing, expanding, and adding in relevant new services frequently.

Toast has been a serious upgrade to our establishment. It is very user friendly and operates off a more "in the times" type of software than some other very outdated POS systems. All of their staff is friendly. The third party integrations are endless and offer something for all kinds of businesses. Online ordering and the ability to have an unofficial doordash partnership is very helpful and easy to use.

Support is not always the most efficient or informative. We often find where they simply cannot help us during odd inquiries or glitches, or we get multiple answers from different people. We also would like to see toast work on a table management and waitlist system that is actually functional for the restaurant. Currently, they offer third party table management integrations, but we have done trials with a few and none have quite what we are looking for.