Über Toast POS

Toast ist ein All-in-one-POS- und Restaurantmanagementsystem, das die Effizienz verbessern und die Kosten drastisch reduzieren soll.

Erfahre mehr über Toast POS

It is a very easy to use app. Allows to manage your orders, track them and most important to deal with online orders.

Also, I was actually charged a fee for setting up online ordering when I first got the system.

Bewertungen zu Toast POS

3,7
3,9

Toast POS hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,2 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 513 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Toast POS bereits verwendet?

Jayelynn
Jayelynn

Incredibly Efficient!

Kommentare: Overall, I'm thrilled we switched to Toast. It's simple to use, has made us more efficient, and wasn't as expensive as similar systems.

Compared to POS systems I've used in the past, Toast is a lifesaver! It has tremendously improved efficiency and flow of our Taproom. We now have the ability to swipe a card and store credit card information; which is a huge benefit for those of us in co-op spaces. Although they look bulky, their handhelds fit into your back pocket and allow us to close tabs out table side. They are shock and water resistant, plus you can log into more than one device at the same time so if you're working alone, you can close out multiple parties at once. As a GM, I'm grateful that Toast is not only cloud-based, but allows me to access the back end from my laptop or smart phone so I don't have to be onsite to make system changes. Updates are incredibly quick so there's not a ton of down time. There is also Toast Central, where you can troubleshoot issues yourself rather rather than immediately calling Support. They are helpful instructions with screenshots and videos.

Customer Support is hit or miss. I always get an answer, it's just a matter of when I get it. After hours and on weekends, I feel like their staffing is very limited which leads to delays in getting immediate help. Thankfully it's only happened once where I needed a quick answer and wasn't able to get it.

Antwort von Toast

Hi Jayelynn, Jasmine from Toast here. Thank you for your feedback. We are thrilled to hear how multiple features of Toast have improved your operations, and that you are taking full advantage of Toast Central as a resource!

Adam
Adam
Essen & Trinken, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The system is great! The customer support is not.

Kommentare: The product is solid. If you are looking for a highly customizable system, Toast is perfect for you. I would recommend that if you make the change to Toast, have a personal resource that is good with technology so you can avoid customer service calls. Some of their add-ons are not worth the trouble, but the core POS system is top-notch!

As far as POS systems go, Toast is very user-friendly and highly customizable to your restaurant, bar, or venue. It is easy to set up and when changes need to be made, they are easy to do.

If you need customer support to resolve an issue, help with a feature you may be unfamiliar with or network support, Toast is very weak in this area. The customer service reps have minimal knowledge and are running off a script with no actual knowledge of the product. In the event they need to "escalate" your issue, the call is over at that point. The ability to speak with someone with the knowledge to help you with your issue promptly is practically non-existent. DO NOT use Toast Payroll services. They greatly messed up on tax reporting and nearly caused a significant increase in our IRS fees due to their incompetence.

vor 6 Monaten

Hi there, thank you for sharing your feedback using Toast. We understand customer support is important and will continue to make strides to improve your experience as a customer. -

Allie
Manager and Owner in USA
Restaurants, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

We have yet to find anything that compares to Toast!

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

We love Toast and its modern/easy to use setup. It is very easy for both our employees and customers to utilize. We love the online ordering features, the terminal setup and the customer service.

We are always left disappointed with the processing fees for credit cards. We wish we could price compare. This makes the system more expensive than it initially seems.

vor 2 Wochen

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review!

Jack
Jack
Bar manager in USA
Gastgewerbe, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

I like toast

3,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

User interface is easy. I can find what I am looking for quickly.

Can be confused with other options and new updates are hard to confirm

Ashley
Accountant in USA
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Toasts to Toast

Toast is the easies POS to use from front end to back end. They are the most compatible POS company for restaurants that I've had the experience working with.

Toast is growing fast and does seem to make some changes before doing any user research to see how the changes will affect the users who interact with it most. I'm happy to see them grow, but don't lose the user friendliness we all know and love!

vor 4 Monaten

Hi Ashley, thanks for taking the time to share your experience using Toast! We encourage you to join our online community at Community.toasttab.com to connect with other restaurant leaders. Hope to see you there!

Clint
Essen & Trinken, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Integrates with third party deliveries, horrible back end support.

Kommentare: Overall, 1-5 we would give it a 2.8. Its good, not great. Expensive for having a few cool features but struggles to do the main meat of what we need it to do at times and when we need to fix an issue they have many complicated ways of fixing it, nothing is straight forward.

The ultimate decision of why Toast was because at the time they were one of the only POS that integrated well with third party deliveries For that functionality it has been great and done what we needed it to do included wrapping up our payroll and scheduling into one system.

A few things. Toast is extremely complicated to get set up for some reason. Unlike other POS systems we have used in the past they do there PCI compliance through a router rather than through there software. However, you can not use their router for regular internet usage so the restaurant needs static IPs, one for Toast, one for everything else. This has made it so our hardware/infrastructure is extremely complicated and every time we have an issue we have to get our ISP, Toast, and now a IT Consultant involved to solve issues. Very time intensive and expensive. Second, when the system has a disruption or even if you want to make certain changes you have to be at the store using the terminals. The backend is pretty useless and as a owner that doesn't live by my store this is extremely frustrating. When speaking to the reps and going through the demos it is pitched as if you can run and correct items from your house but the reality is you can only do a handful of things that are not impactful. For example, when credit card processing goes down, which happens often with them for some reason, you then have to key in cards (which Toast then charges higher merchant fees to do this) and then you have to get to the store and either wait until your slow or closed to fix the issue for the next day. There is nothing you can do on the backend, customer service can't help you, nope you have to be physically present manually doing everything on your own time with maybe someone on the phone to assist you .

vor 2 Monaten

Hi there, thank you for sharing this feedback. We'll be following up directly to learn more on how we can help support you as a customer.

Andrew
Restaurants, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Toast POS has been a nightmare

Kommentare: I was excited, but knew i made a huge mistake the day we went live, they ran out the door as soon as we were hooked up with zero training, and it only got worse which is why i'm here.I have a 39 Year old restaurant with a pretty large menu, it wasn't easy to make the switch, but i did, and regret it.

The handheld device is nice, but i only ordered one, when i tried to send a second one back they told me to keep it, but still charged me for 2 ($100.00) month.

I was mislead by their sales team, it never felt right but i was sold on the 3rd party integration, once i found out they don't integrate, it took a month to find out the truth, but was still billed for things i didn't receive or use, even things like Caller ID (common 101 stuff with so called older POS companies) i understand they discontinued, but they still charged me for it, and refused to refund without a fight.Bottom line, this has been the single worst decision iv'e made as a small business owner, and it's not over yet, i'm still fighting to learn new system, a system i wish i never moved forward with. do your research, it's not always greener on the other side.If you're a huge company with multiple locations then Toast might work for you, you would also need to have a very small menu with very few modifiers for it to work and be worth it, but honestly after the huge expense monthly plus CC processing is it really worth it?

vor 9 Monaten

Hi Andrew, Thank you for your review. We'd like to look into this further and will be reaching out shortly to get this resolved.

Matt
Managing Partner in USA
Musik, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Matt's Review of Toast

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Easy to use, easy to keep track of labor, easy to find reports.

It's relatively easy to use and set up. Being able to adjust prices and buttons on the fly is helpful, as well as color coding them.

It can be slow and difficult to search for items.

vor 2 Monaten

Hi Matt, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with our teams. I'm happy to know that you're finding Toast easy to use. Join our online community at community.toasttab.com to connect with other restaurant members!

Heather

Bbq Restaurant

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Five stars, we have not left yet and recommend to all our other restaurant owner friends.

Easy daily use and modifier options and report options. We had to submit an insurance claim and everything requested was available through Toast.

Hit/miss with customer service. You either get someone excellent that can walk you through the issue or someone with no clue that keeps you on the phone rather than transferring to someone who can assist.

vor 2 Monaten

Hi Heather, thanks for the 5-star rating!

Meghan
Manager in USA

We Love Toast!

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Toast has been great for our business overall. Tracking sales and entering orders is so easy.

Toast is user friendly, both on the front end and back end. Making changes on the fly is simple too!

Having to hit update so many times. This was a system update and took some learning. My employees feel like they have to push too make buttons to get to the check. Used to be more simple when we first started using toast. Some of the buttons on the screen are also tiny.

kestrel
owner, GM in USA

Beware!

I signed on to Toast because they touted themselves as software specifically for restaurants so I thought it would be an easy transition. It was not. As a POS system the functionality is fine. Servers can ring in food and it prints where we tell it but good luck pulling even basic, typical reports any restaurant would need. A lot of the reports I would want are listed as possible but then they don't populate with actual numbers. Support has no clue. I can wait to talk to a support person for 20 minutes sometimes or even get a "we'll call you back" which comes 24 hours or more later which is such a bummer when I have a guest waiting for a check and I need support to do it. When I do get them on the line they know about as much as I do about how to work the software.

Toast talks big and presents a front like they know what they are doing but they don't seem to grasp even simple financial or restaurant concepts. Do your servers split tips with a bartender or other support staff? Too bad because you are going to need to create your own spreadsheet outside the system to do that and then tediously go day by day to get the tip info for payroll. It is significantly more expensive than what I was doing before and they forced me to buy all their hardware, like printers and tablets which is dumb. Any old tablet would work better than theirs because they have it locked so we can't play music through it or manage our Instagram account. The list of problem s is too long to even go into here. DO NOT GET SUCKERED INTO RUNNING PAYROLL THROUGH THEM. The payroll program is a complete and utter joke. They have no clue.

Antwort von Toast

Hi Kestrel, Mora here from Toast. Thank you for providing this feedback, we are continually working on improving our reporting, analytics, and Payroll platform, and appreciate hearing from you. To ensure performance, we will continue to recommend that you only run Toast software on Toast hardware. I'm sorry to hear you have been having trouble getting ahold of our Support team. If our line (617) 682-0225 is busy, please log on to Toast Central (central.toasttab.com) to chat with them live during business hours. I have notified your Restaurant Success Manager to inform them of the issues you've been having and they will be in touch.

Sarah

The first year with Toast

Kommentare: Compared to my past POS systems this is by far the most user friendly system and It keeps me updated. I am constantly finding new things I can utilize. My staff was also able to adapt to the new system easily. They are constantly showing me new things.. Millennials lol. I am sure with more time I will better understand the system and be able to use more of what it offers as I find it.

It is very user friendly. It is built that I can search for most of the things I may be questioning. The toast training videos were very helpful in the beginning. I like that I am able to find all of the reporting numbers I need as well as the guest engagement. Being able to send email campaigns directly from the system is a game changer. The pre loaded templates are super helpful as well.

That I did not have someone to actually help me with the initial stuff. We did not get help with end of day paperwork. The reports were off for an entire week until I noticed a discrepancy in the numbers. We Do counter service with a tip pool so we need overall numbers not numbers that I find after deductions. I also Cannot find a way to remove the Tip pool servers tips in my tip pool numbers. I need them to not be part of my final numbers for payroll purposes.

Shaz
Restaurants, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The Best-In-Class Cloud POS out there!

Toast is at the cutting edge of development and understanding of their customers. Their products are always customer-centric and are light years ahead of competition!

As with any organization, fast growth means lots to update, but they are handling this well. Support could be better too.

Karin
owner in USA
Restaurants, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Toast Changed Everything for the Better

We started with Toast in 2020 during the pandemic. Toast was the only thing that was good about that year! The integration of the online ordering into our daily or weekly menu updates are seamless. Customers had questions answered and orders filled without our help or guidance. I love the ease of use for service. We have had several new staff members and they pick up the system without too much training. It's easy to transfer tickets and items, cancel sales and give discounts, as well as run all the reports we need for success.

I wish there was an app where I could change things, look at reports, and update menus from my phone instead of going through a browser.

Tony
GM in USA
Restaurants, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Our company's experience with Toast has been pretty terrible.

Kommentare: The benefits we have gotten are overshadowed by the drawbacks.

The front end functionality is pretty good, though not as good as it was sold. Aloha was better. There are features such as drag and drop table transfers that are pretty neat. Splitting checks is very easy.

I researched Toast very thoroughly and went through many hours of Q&A with the sales team. I feel duped. I should have dug deeper and gotten more personal feedback from current users. The platform has certain features that are very good, but not enough to outweigh all of the bad. Hands down the worst part of it are their service and support after the sale. If I ever get through to support, they typically have to call me back with a solution...which never happens. My account "manager" responds to every communication with regurgitated boilerplate BS and has yet to solve any of my issues. We have frequent issues with our card readers, and our warranty period is up in November. They won't replace the crap readers with the newer upgrades. You don't get nearly the functionality and ease of use on the back end that you pay for. The reporting features are weak at best. The inventory module is terrible. They claim you can use the tablets to do inventory...which is true, but it takes 4x longer to do it that way because you can't select the fields to enter the numbers and then when you do, often times the quantities change. My account "manager" replied to my complaints about this with "Our inventory module may not be as robust as you need, maybe you could add on one of our partner software companies." Short story: Run from Toast and never look back. I regret the move every single day.

Antwort von Toast

Tony - We're sorry to hear that Toast has not lived up to your expectations. Hardware reliability and support responsiveness are top priorities for us. We recently covered our plan for staffing and additional resources in the Live Q&A with Toast Leadership (watch it here: https://central.toasttab.com/s/article/Webinars-Toast-Leadership). Please note that this video requires a Toast login. We're committed to making your experience with Toast a positive one. Your Restaurant Success Manager is not a technical expert, but is there to advocate on your behalf. She will work with you to ensure you get what you need out of our product.

Partner in USA

Disappointing

Kommentare: Below average. They've kept the software running at all times and that's a huge plus. However, they are charging top dollar and we were expecting a fantastic product. The product is only OK. The service has been spotty; at times good, at times not.

The POS portion is solid. It's generally easy to use. It's been up about 99.9% of the time which is not true of all software. The people we have dealt with there have been nice and responsive.

The back end of the software is poorly designed and written. The inventory module is laughably bad; looks like it was designed and written by a college kid in a couple hours. The reporting is also not well thought out. More than once we've found the only option for a pretty standard report is to download data into Excel and manipulate it ourselves. There is no accounting application and no interface with Quickbooks. Generally it looks like a solid group designed the POS and then those people left or started working on other things. The service during the Covid 19 pandemic has been awful. It's nearly impossible to reach support and honestly makes me wonder if these guys are solvent. We had two management contacts that we would call in cases where we had support issues. Now both of those people have been (apparently) laid off. When we called support the last time, the recording warned that there were 33 people ahead of us in line. I've waited for an hour and eventually given up when there were only 12 ahead of me.

Leo
Operating Partner in USA

Great POS

Toast is a very easy-to-use and intuitive POS. It was a great change from a legacy platform, and a brief stint with another terrible platform. Team picks it up very quickly.

Wish the handhelds had a longer lifespan. We spent a lot of money on them just prior to covid, then shut down for more than a year. Upon reopening many of them had issues with card readers, batteries and a new model was released. Wound up being many thousands of dollars spent only to be on the cusp of needing to replace them all.Wish there was more flexibility with an enterprise system. It would be nice to have more local customization while maintaining a brand database.

vor 9 Monaten

Hi Leo! Glad to hear that you're finding Toast easy-to-use. We appreciate the feedback. If you haven't already, join our Toast Community at community.toasttab.com to connect with other restaurant leaders.

Mehdi
Manager in USA
Essen & Trinken, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Expensive but worth it

Kommentare: I like it very much . The integration prices are too high but the rest is fine.

Reports and analysis is so good and it's so user-friendly and so easy to learn and train for employees.

They are so busy when it comes to customer service but if you wait for them they definitely fix your issue but the problem is they're super busy for calls. But honestly for the past w years I had to call them like 2 times and the system worked so good all the time.

Mahesh
GM in USA

Best POS with Most Half Baked Features and Worst Support

- Easy installation - Easy to use - Suitable for small businesses with doesn't offer delivery services

- Worst support - Not suitable for Pizza restaurants - Doesn't offer half and half toppings option - Online ordering doesn't provide any protection against disputes - Every module is an additional charge(online ordering, mobile order and pay, marketing, API, integrations, kiosk, kitchen display system, multi location modules) - Reporting doesn't differentiate between overtime and double time pay - Discounts based on dining options are not available(Discounts can not be set only for take out orders - all the discounts are valid on all type(take out & delivery) order ) - Online ordering page doesn't provide required picture specs(like resolution and aspect ratio). Pictures won't be optimized at all to make the online ordering page faster. - Unable to customize location picker page - They claim that they are the payment processors but fail to take responsibility or help with disputes - Once a restaurant is live its hard to get resolution for any issue(imagine even with 9 restaurant we struggled more than ever)

Michelle

Why I chose Toast

Kommentare: With now being in business a full year now, I have and I still am learning pro and cons of doing business. I have worked in restaurants but I have never been on the manager/owner side and it's not as easy as you think it is. When running your own business for the most part you are on your own! I sat down with a computer tech to figure out the best POS system for my business. There are SO many out there and being unfamiliar with them a lot of research was done! I attended the Gordon Food Show a month before we opened and I got to see first hand how Toast worked. I was very impressed with the system and how easy it looked to operate (remember I've never been on this side of the business) and we had decided to work 100% with Gordon Food Service because of their support and looking at our best interest for starting our business. Now a year later, I could't imagine being with another POS system so no regrets here on choosing Toast for our POS!

Customer Support! - I rate them 100 on this!! Any questions I have big or small, they are just a phone call away! If my call isn't answered right away or I get busy, they have the feature to leave your number and they will call you back ASAP. Customer Service - Being a tech and answering some of the crazy questions (I'm one who probably has the most) they are always patient, friendly and very professional when answering questions.

Credit Card Processing Fees - With other Processing companies out there some are cheaper but overall with Toast, they win. It's the hidden fees you have to watch. Toast fees appear to be higher but what you see is what you get where with the other guys you have to read the fine print.

Restaurants, 2–10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Horrible customer service

Kommentare: Horrible, sales rep, upper management & customer care is a joke. On [SENSITIVE CONTENT], my terminal broke and they said they would over night another one it took three weeks , which really hurt our business , and frustrated our employees, that are hard to come by right now. The terminal they sent had no protective material around it and it arrived broken , waited another week for a new one, NOW 4 WEEKS with out a terminal. I needed to send back the original broken terminal but they never sent me a label. I had no idea where they wanted it send, it took 6 phone calls, one call I was on hold for 53 minutes all phone calls took at least 30 minutes of my time retelling the story and how I JUST NEEDED A RETURN LABEL<,also dozens of emails (their customer care email NO responded) at long last today I received an email [SENSITIVE CONTENT] from FED EX with a label to print.No email from Toast, so I am assuming this label is to return my broken terminal ,by the way they are billing me for the unreturned terminal $1400.00 which has sat on my desk since August.I would love noting more then to send it back to them and get it off my desk. TOAST "customer CARE "is about as bad as it gets. I do not recommend this company . The day to day POS works fine, most of the time but if you need help you will be forgotten and your business will feel the pain . Remember it took us 4 weeks to get a new POS terminal and months to return the broken one only because they would not send a label.

The software is fine, works like most others

The software is fine, works like most others

Rachel
freelance in USA

Great POS for restaurants

Kommentare: After over a year the restaurant is still super happy with the switch

I was hired to help customize, train, and implement this new software at a friends restaurant. I have worked with a few different POS systems and this was by far the most user friendly. Easy to customize their menus and check preferences. Easy to update if we figured out how we originally entered in an item needed to be changed. Cloud based so when not on sight I was able to fix remotely when not at the restaurant. Also the handheld option is great for taking orders and splitting checks on the fly. Also were able to implement gift cards with the new system.

No real cons. The only downside was the initial few days after switching for the staff to get used to it.

Antwort von Toast

Hi Rachel, Mora from Toast here. We're thrilled to hear that you've found Toast simple to teach and easy to update. Thanks for the review!

Mark

Lacking in customer service

User friendly and efficient. That pretty much sums it up but they said my response was too short.

Many additional charges after purchase Reports cannot be easily pulled for long date ranges LACKING IN CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Larry
GM/Owner in USA

Toast at FCD

Kommentare: Toast takes the guess work out of what's moving and what's not, who is producing and who isn't. Tips tell me if my server is worth keeping. I have been satisfied with them overall.

The analytics and reporting are fantastic. Getting Toast go's for your servers allowed me to cut back on server staff and the servers make more money because they can turn 3 times as many tables

Their set up map for delivery is garbage, if you plan on having delivery go with a different system. They have been telling me for 3 years they are going to upgrade and instead we have 3rd party integration with delivery services which are way over priced.

Mike

Toast versus others

Toast is a simple to use and even easier to train POS platform for all restaurants. Setting up menus and editing are both quick and easy and can be done for multiple restaurants at the same time.

Some of the reports have a time constant that you can run them for, like 6 months, would prefer to be able to run full year sales reports or more if needed.