Perfect for Shared Devices in Manufacturing

Bewertet am 23.10.2018
Ryan T.
Remote Connectivity & Mobility Engineer
Chemikalien, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our overall experience has been very positive. Moki has recently been more engaged with their customers as they look to expand their services, which is good to see after they went a few years without any new major feature releases. We plan to expand our use of Moki within our Manufacturing environment and look forward to their future updates!

Vorteile: The best features to have with Moki is the overall ease of use. We launched several hundred shared Android devices into our Manufacturing environment within a short amount of time, and it is now a breeze to deploy and support new devices. We have the ability to silently push app updates, and the option to schedule changes during turnarounds, which is key with a 24/7 operation. Also, we used this in conjunction with our MDM provider, which allows us to enroll devices as Shared, giving users the ability to login and get SSO into their apps. With our MDM and Moki combined, we have a complete package for Shared Android devices for shift workers. Every worker sees the same kiosk, the same apps, and has the same user experience, which makes it much easier for IT to support.

Nachteile: There are key functions that your average MDM vendors have that Moki does not. I would say that Moki is an enhanced add-on for your average MDM (for Android at least), in that where your MDM might fail to provide the features you need, Moki can fill that void. For us, the features we needed from Moki was Remote Support, with full capability to control the device, and the ability to schedule App or Firmware updates during non-business hours. But it could still use more MDM-like features such as more Restriction options, better Role Based Access Controls for IT administrators, and a few more IT Security controls. If you don't need your MDM, and just need a kiosk to an app or browser, then Moki is what you're looking for hands down.

Moki MDM

Bewertet am 20.11.2018
Accounting Manager
Immobilien, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My experience has been great. Customer Service has greatly improved. I love working with Carlos.

Vorteile: I have 80+ Devices at multiple sites and I like the fact I can monitor the software and also process updates and maintain them from any web browser. Makes my job easier for sure.

Nachteile: Sometimes there is a delay on the dashboard when I process a change

Perfect in simplicity

Bewertet am 14.11.2018
Tom K.
Partner

Kommentare: Overal experience has been very good and we have used the platform for little over 4yrs. now. As in many other systems, there are it's own tricks to learn but once you got those, you'll be satisfied enough and a need to look elsewhere is low.

Vorteile: The basic use of the platform is simple enough in a computer. It is easy to check all the vitals in one or two views, which is great and the scalability to manage larger networks is made easy. It is at it's best in Android platform. IOS is great too but Apple limits the experience at their end.

Nachteile: Moki's lack of responsiveness does not support your viewing experience in iPhone and only nearly in an normal size iPad. A responsive UI to check my system status without the need of computer access would be great.