A great solution for a small team with room to grow

Gordon w H.
Digital Project Manager
Design, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Not having to rely on tools that weren't built for this purpose to achieve the desired output is fantastic. Excel is for numbers and spreadsheets, not managing project.

Vorteile: I love that this is an affordable, web-based, easy to configure and use tool that is extremely flexible. There's a lot of power in only asking for as much information as is needed in order to be useful. It's a great visual way to manage projects and people and to get a sense of how people's workload is at any given moment. As an end user, it's great to be able to see how my week is looking at the start so that anything that comes up can be managed and it's a burden to try and juggle it all.

Nachteile: Float very much purpose-built to schedule work, but there are a number of features that are present in more project-focused solutions which are lacking-- namely time tracking and dependencies. However, adding some of these features might sacrifice that which makes Float great at what it does, simplicity.

Float, the scheduling tool that powers our team

Morgan C.
CIO

Kommentare: Float has enabled us to grow our team without much additional effort to track and report on the team allocations. It is essential for our traffic and scheduling.

Vorteile: We depend on float to track allocation of work across our team. This varies from tasks which take a few hours, to tasks which take multiple weeks or months. Float handles all this, enabling us to see which of our team need work, and how we can juggle or reschedule work when things change.

Nachteile: We do have duplication between team members' Google calendars and float, and have tried to resolve this by automating a synchronisation - but the calendars will always have more detail than Float so we are living with this duality.

Unique!

Lia D.
Relacionamento
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The team loves using Float and even the slow servers can't make us give up on this unique tool :)

Vorteile: Very easy to understand and use, requires almost no team training at all.

Nachteile: It's been getting a bit more complicated and slow with every improvement. I hope this can be solved soon, because I love this tool.

Impressive software with a few features we feel are missing

Bewertet am 4.9.2019
Josh Y.
Architect
Architektur & Planung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I love that it integrates with your project budget. It shows you how much you're over or under your projected target given how many hours you put into float. It's clean and looks great and is fairly easy to read (unless you zoom out and you project title gets truncated). It's easy to add and modify tasks and setup is fairy self-explanatory minus a few quirks.

Nachteile: I hate that you can't lock items into place and that when you move items around they don't automatically push out the schedule. I get that the method used here works for a lot of situations, but it'd be nice to add in some functionality. Right now, youre budget isn't the constraint. You can move hours around willy nilly and that number fluctuates. I'd like to see an option where you set your budgeted hours and the program rigidly holds to that, pushing the schedule out as needed to accommodate. And I like that you can see your budgeted hours as a percentage but the functionality is super light with regards to accuracy. We update our Float schedule every week and it's a pain to get accurate numbers given the "hours per day" model. If you end up spending 11.5 hours in a week on one project or task, you have to put them all in a single day to be accurate.

Useful software to track time

Technical Account Manager & UK/Europe Business Development Lead
Medienproduktion, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are able to better track our time against projects to make sure we are charging appropriately.

Vorteile: The design is easy on the eye and intuitive.

Nachteile: It can feel a little clunky at times and buggy. For the most part it is ok, but some of the processes could be easier and more flexible in how a user can interact with them.

Slow System

Kristi P.
Resourcing Coordinator

Kommentare: Not very good

Vorteile: I like the idea but the system is very slow and has a lot of bulk generic filters that would be great if you could customize more.

Nachteile: How slow it is and how it doesn't have customization

Overall Good Product

Valerie H.

Kommentare: We've been using float for over a year new. It has been a good experience. There have been a few hiccups along the way but the Float support team has helped us through each time.

Vorteile: Float is easy to use. It doesn't take a lot of effort to add a project or allocate time to a persons workload.

Nachteile: Float is a little difficult to see, especially if you have smaller time blocks and I haven't found a way to zoom in. Even if I select to only see one person's allocation, it stays the same size.

Float is an excellent and efficient tool

Assistant to the CEO/Marketing Project Coordinator
Unternehmensberatung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Float is great for scheduling, and allows us to see visually where all of our team members are on any given day.

Nachteile: It seems to require a lot of clicks sometimes to assign the proper designation to a day's work, but overall I'm pleased with it.

Good product!

Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I'm a customer. I'm using Float in my company since a couple of years.

Vorteile: I like to have all the people in my team well organised. I know if people are available and I can organise the sales accordingly. Suggested!

Nachteile: Sometimes the interaction is not so smooth e.g. I have to load some sections while I'd like to see the whole picture from the beginning. Also it's a little bit pricey!

Float review by user

Bewertet am 5.9.2019
Jennifer L.
User Researcher
Onlinemedien, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: In previous roles, schedules and resourcing were done with Excel or other very general software. In my current role, Float has made it easy to see who is doing what and when in a much more intuitive way.

Vorteile: I like that it's so easy to see what I'm working on and when. It's clear and user friendly. I can easily scroll across to see what I've been assigned to and what others on my team are working on.

Nachteile: I honestly don't have any negative feedback about it!

Good but slow

Quentin L.
Web developer
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Good UX/UI, rich in features, well deisnged API.

Nachteile: Abysmal performance, absolute pain to use daily for this reason only.

Solid tool

Robert S.
Software Engineer

Vorteile: Easy to use, easy to keep my timeline clean.

Nachteile: It would be great to have more integrations

Nice idea, not really great performance

Peter R.
Web developer

Vorteile: Nice modern design, simplicity, ease of use.

Nachteile: Performance is a bit lacking with many entries. Pricing is steep for bigger companies.

A great functioning schedulinng application.

Bewertet am 21.8.2019
Katy B.
Software Developer
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is a great helper as it helps you in better visualizing that which about which will take how much time. So It is time saving.

Vorteile: It is an excellent tool that helps you with scheduling your work and resources. This enables you to make better plannings.

Nachteile: I did not finf any faults in this software so i am very happy with it.