Über Float

Die Anwendung zur Ressourcenplanung, der die weltweit führenden Agenturen und Marken wie Vice, RGA und Buzzfeed vertrauen.

Erfahre mehr über Float

The Microsoft Calendar integrations it's very good.

It's not that mobile-friendly at the moment. I've got trouble scrolling all the way to the bottom.

Bewertungen zu Float

Float hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 1.592 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Float bereits verwendet?

Nutzerbewertungen filtern (1.592)

Remek
Remek
Head of Design in Polen
Design, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The best app for planning and working with a team

Kommentare: I can't imagine working without Float.

Clear, minimalistic and great interface with awesome interactions/microinteractions. Integrations with tools like Asana, calendars, collaborations with the team, and simplicity of use! Fantastic mobile apps.

I don't have any points to add here, I have not had any problems using Float - maybe a desktop application for Mac would be useful ;)

Preben
Senior Advisor in Norwegen
Welthandel & internationale Entwicklung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Highly adaptive software which blends quickly and easily with most tools.

Kommentare: A software rich of benefits. I appreciate the much I achieve using Float. User friendliness on another level.

Implementing this software is amazingly easy. It gives the user a choice to apply several tactics and features to enable best working for this tool. Project management is now a renowned process which I take pride in. Editing is easy and makes using the software friendly for beginners and new members. The free trial is something to take celebrate.

Absolutely satisfying. I have no cons for Float. It has played it's role so perfectly.

François
Senior HR consultant in Kanada
Personalwesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Need a full integration to be useful

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

The possibilities with float are very high, we could have done so much more to get the most of that software.

The redundance of the tasks, but it's more due to the use we do of the software than the software itself.

Laura
Production Coordinator in UK
Medienproduktion, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great value. Lots of potential

Kommentare: I've been using CETA scheduling software for the last 4 years in big VFX companies and I must say that Float is not there yet but is actually getting broadly comparable. In the last 4 months that I introduced it into my new team it's proved to be quite useful to keep track of the progression of our projects. During these months I've seen that it has already improved in many areas that I'm excited to see what comes next.
I can see it can become a really powerful software.

There aren't may softwares that let you schedule a team in such an easy and organised way. I think most softwares nowadays are too complex and make you spend more time organising tasks than actually working on them. Float is so clear and simple you can actually use it to manage big projects without spending too much time on it.

It's getting better, but it would be very useful if we could: - Right click on a pencil and be able to copy it over into a different person. - Book more than one person on the same project (for example if two workers are on the same project because one of them is doing a training but you don't want to charge twice for that time). - Lately when I try to schedule more than 1 project in one day on the same person I get a message saying I can't schedule anyone for more than 24 hours) even if I'm not exceeding the 8 normal working hours. It'd be great if that could be fixed. - It'd be good if milestones were more visible. - I think reports should be a bit less complicated and more visual. - It'd be really helpful if you could group projects up in folders when you go to the Projects tab as at the moment we have like... 45 different projects going on and although we color code them it's difficult to organise all of them. -I'd like to have more than only three types of view when looking at our schedules a part from 'Days, 'Weeks' and 'Months'. It'd be great if you could 'Archive' users as well as projects. So when a worker it's not working at the company anymore and you don't want to pay for it on Float you can kind of 'Archive' him (so you are not able to book him on anything but still you can see him on the boards so you don't loose what it's been scheduled on him.)

Tichaona Redemptor
Tichaona Redemptor
Chief information officer in Südafrika
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A powerful resource management, planning, and scheduling software

Kommentare: Extremely educational, easy to use even for a first time user

Forecasting Budgets: Accurate resource planning is essential for budgeting. Float helps you manage capacity, plan projects, and forecast budgets effectively. It’s like having a financial advisor for your project resource.

As a Software there is no free version or trial version that do not require you to enter your banking detail

Justin
Program Manager in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Perfect for our team

Does what it says on the can! The app itself is intuitive, lightweight, and isn't bloated with features. It was easy to set up thanks to a detailed Help Center and a great onboarding team. The Float Community Slack channel is also an excellent resource.

There are a few additional features I'd like, but the Float team is pretty transparent with their roadmap, so I'm confident most of those will be added in the coming months.

Hattie
Head of Finance in UK

Great software for Designer

Kommentare: Great

To visually schedule a whole department of designers, which is easy editable

I find the reporting a little tricky when there are archived members. Also similar to when purchases are pro-rata for new users added part way through the billing cycle, it would be better if credits were applied for users removed part way through the cycle too

Thomas
CTO in Frankreich
Internet, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good experience

We were previously working on a competitive solution. Compared to other solutions on the market, Float is affordable and allows you to use the tool to its full potential. You're not drowning in a ton of functionality and that's what I liked about it. The ease of use for users and the ease of management for administrators is very satisfying.

Perhaps the most annoying thing about Float is the ability to export a schedule for customers that is easy to understand. The statistics section could also be improved so that we can compare the time spent (and internal costs) against what has been sold (with the costs sold).

Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Featureful, but lacking some that counts most

4,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

The general UI is very nifty and responsive, and the scheduling view is great for visualising timelines. When managing a specific project, it's great for visualising timelines and tasks across the team.

It lacks certain reports and integrations, most importantly in the revenue tracking and headcount allocation space. This means that we had to resort to "hacks" to record information, and then visualise this data elsewhere. We also had to use hacks on other softwares to set up the right invoicing / approval / billing processes.

Émilie-Jade
Urbaniste in Kanada
Architektur & Planung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Love Float !

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Time management. Collegues and managers can know when i'm available and what bandwith i have.

Nothing that i can think of. I like every aspect

Oliver
COO in Deutschland
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Best Scheduling Tool on the market

Kommentare: It's fantastic to use :)

So I hardly ever write Reviews, and even less on software - but Float is an exception. This tool really change the way our Agency works, especially in times of 100% home-office. It's amazingly simple to use, has a great overview of your team's schedule, and makes forecasting and reporting extremely easy. I'd give this tool 12 points if I could!

There are a few minor glitches - but the customer service team including the devs are very helpful!

Nathalye
Design Manager in USA
Design, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great tool for visibility of projects

Kommentare: Overall my experience as an active user of Float has been great, it is very simple to use, and allows management to keep projects organized.

The bird's eye feature is a must, it allows for full visibility of the whole team, or segments of it, and allows managers to keep track of current, past, and upcoming projects.

Time report integration, we use Harvest and we have to use a different partner for this.

Antwort von Float

Hi Nathalye, Thanks so much for your review! We don't currently have any direct integrations with other time tracking tools. We do have time tracking available as an additional feature though on Float that pre-fills your team's timesheets based on their work schedule. https://www.float.com/how-it-works/time-tracking You're welcome to try this add-on free for 30 days. An Account Owner can activate this from the Team Settings page inside Float. If you need any help or have further questions, please feel free to email us at support@float.com. Thanks again for the review! Cheers, Siobhan

Merle
Head of Animation in UK
Marketing & Werbung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Integral part of our internal production process

Kommentare: Float has honestly been a game changer for our studio and as a result, the wider business. The minute we first started using the platform, it transformed the way we visualise our busy schedules and communicated with the wider teams about our availability and timelines. It's made our lives easier and simplified the overall production process - taking a lot of guesswork and confusion out of the equation.

The simplicity and immediacy of the timeline interface is massively important for digesting and understanding an often hectic and clogged schedule. Customisation of clients, projects and tasks means that we can see, at a glance, exactly what clients and projects we are working with - it takes a lot of the project management stress out of the process for teams like mine, who need to focus on their own tasks at hand.

I think there could be more options to input information within the tasks in a schedule - although there is a notes section, it would be great to see more integration with other platforms like the Google suite (Drive, slides, docs) that could streamline our process even more.

Christian
Scheduling & Material Manager in Kanada
Telekommunikation, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Float Review

Kommentare: We used to use a HUGE white board and dry erase markers for our schedule. We thought that this was the best way for us to tackle our job scheduling and Float was met with a bit of resistance once the boss said we were going to try it.
WOW, were we wrong. I would never look back now that we are using Float. One of the best tools we ever used. We are scheduling anywhere from 18 to 26 techs on this program and I fully encourage anyone even thinking of possibly trying out a program for scheduling to do your self a favor and try out Float. I'd be shocked if your not impressed by it.

Kudos to you guys! I love the newer faster Float! You are making my job much easier & faster. Love the faster navigating/scrolling and the changing of a task’s time by scrolling on the schedule up or down beats the hell out of having to open the task and do it from there. Love the new feature that you can hover over the work task and the notes appear without having to open the task. Great job, keep it up!

Would like to be able to move a task to the afternoon (or lower in the cell) for a day where it is not a full days worth of hours and there is nothing else for that employee that day. Example, I have a technician on a 4 hour training course and it is in the afternoon. He has nothing else scheduled that day but I can't move the task lower in the cell so it looks like it is scheduled for the morning. It would be nice if you could hover over the "Time off" cells and see the notes associated with it , like you can for a work task, without having to open the "time off" cell.

E-Learning, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great Visual Tool for Resource Management

Kommentare: We've been able to better project planning times for business needs coming in. When we know how long something takes via Float, we're able to give clearer milestones to our clients and we can manage our internal deadlines better. When you're able to take a quick peak at Float and see what someone is working on for the next few days, it's a more efficient way to manage resourcing expectations internally and across business units internally.

With Float, I love that you can make instant decisions on capacity management. I can assign someone a scheduled task and easily move the task back and forth between two team members if needed. It's a great visual tool to see how long people are spending in a certain area and to help plan ahead for the future. It gives a full visual picture of capacity and resource management, which can be hard to do. I love that you're able to assign color coding and different notes to each project, so you can monitor the health of the project properly and understand how many people are actually touching it.

Sometimes, there are some small glitches that happen, where you make an update and it either disappears or adds additional time to someone's schedule (making them fully at capacity). There aren't many cons to this application other than that because sometimes it can just take a lot of refreshing and some rework because sometimes the refreshes can cause a loss in information inputted.

Shriya
Senior Innovation Consultant in UK
Unternehmensberatung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great for

How visual and easy it makes talent scheduling for our client services business! It's really intuitive in terms of its UX/UI and means that the information is shareable and understandable by everyone. It's actually created positive reliance for the business where it's become the single source of truth about who is working on which project/ away on hols and for how long, so that teams can effectively plan the best use of people. Especially as we work on multiple projects under the same client account, the tags are super useful as while we might be working for Client X, project A and project C might have completely different briefs and people scheduled on them to complete.

Probably some of the toggling features when you try to filter people across multiple departments.. It's not a massive issue, but one I am struggling to nail.

Internet, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Program Manager using Float

Kommentare: We are using Float in our organization to manage resource allocation and we have been using it for the last 3 years. It has been mostly great and enhanced our resource allocation amazingly and provided great visibility into resourcing across different programs and into the future. We use Float to track Holidays and vacation across all regions (worldwide), we use it to forecast allocation and revenue across the team per each project. Permissions are straightforward and allow us to control what we want. We can keep projects as tentative while awaiting for the contract and still allocate people to provide visibility into anticipated resourcing load. Overall Float has been great for us and I would recommend it to any organization providing services and focused around resourcing their team. Float has been constantly evolving and you can notice the difference and improvements rolled out weekly if not daily. Thank you for your work Float team!

- Easy of use - Performance - Interface - Good visibility into my resources and their load

- There were couple glitches and numerous updates in January but that is resolved now - Previously performance was not great, but there are great improvements recently on that part - Adding holidays could be easier - When grouped by project I'd like Float to show all assigned project for people, not only specified project

Mel
Planner in UK

Good for visibility

Easy to use and it's simple to scroll backwards to check your historical or upcoming bookings. As a user it does all I need it to do.

I've previously used Synergist which was great for production resources as all the bookings automatically pre-populated timesheets ready to add hours and submit. I'm not sure if Float has this functionality but our organisation uses separate systems for both, and I find it does add a little more effort to time logging.

Antwort von Float

Hi Mel, Thanks so much for your review! We do have a time-tracking add-on feature in Float that pre-filles your team's timesheets based on their work schedule. You can check out how it works here, https://www.float.com/how-it-works/time-tracking. All Float customers are welcome to a free 30 day trial of the feature. An Account Owner can activate this from the Team Settings inside Float. If you'd like a demo or have any questions about how time tracking works, please feel free to email us at support@float.com. Thanks again for the review! Cheers, Siobhan

Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Use daily, love float!

Kommentare: I find Float super easy to use, I genuinely think I'd be lost without it. I'm a visual personal and I love how Float is very visual and I can see everything upcoming in a way which works for my brain. Definitely a good platform for any ND people!

Easy to see forward into weeks ahead for project planning and resource planning. Can easily see when my team hit the limits on hours per day to see when a project is going to need additional resource called in.

I don't think there is anything I don't like about Float.

Yevhenii
Yevhenii
QA/DevOps in Ukraine
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great tool to manage your team

Kommentare: It helps manage my team's work

UI is excellent. I like it very much. I am very comfortable managing a team's work as well as my own

In the past, I said that the logging button is hard to find on the navbar. Now this button is clearly visible. I'm grateful to Float for listening to customers

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Choosing Float as a communication tool means choosing a pillar of agility and attractiveness in a co

Kommentare: What do your employees expect in terms of corporate communication? Employees no longer hesitate to use their personal tools and applications for professional purposes. Collaboration and communication tools promote new uses and new ways of working within a digital, agile company that is increasingly extended to its external ecosystem. Collaboration and communication tools promote new uses and new ways of working in a digital, agile and increasingly extended company to its external ecosystem. Float as an internal communication tool makes all this possible, bringing managers and employees closer to the company and meeting their expectations in terms of information. Fun, practical and functional, Float has become for me an indispensable managerial tool, both to explain the company's strategy and to highlight my results. It also allows me to motivate my colleagues!

I find that the features already present are exactly what I need for my start up: the possibility to call each other via Chrome browser is a plus. The mobile application is really very useful and makes Float easier to use. Not only does it allow me to continue to follow the threads of conversation wherever I am (in a meeting, on the road, anywhere), but also to send attachments (images, records, etc.). The integration with other applications is very ergonomic: I use Jira and Confluence a lot and the widgets in Float are very responsible as soon as I import a link for my collaborators.

I'm a fan of it, I find that it is not lacking in functionality, but if I ever change my mind, I know that the customer service department will welcome my remarks and suggestions with kindness and professionalism. However, I do find that the possibility of not having to change browsers and make or receive calls from Mozilla would be great.

Anna Maria
Project Manager in Griechenland
Informationsdienst, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Review

Kommentare: Very easy

Easy of use, minimal UI, Non technical people can use it.

You can't easily write on a task. You can't limit the hours of workers.

Antwort von Float

Thank you for your review, Anna Maria! Great to hear that you're finding Float easy to use. To limit a person's hours, try adding custom hours: https://support.float.com/en/articles/28934-set-individual-custom-hours-and-work-days

Guillaume
Product Owner in Niederlande
Internet, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Long terme planning tool

Kommentare: Always have a good view on my team's future.

In a blink of an eye, I can see who's busy on what, and for how long. It let me give a clear idea of planning for upcoming projects, see who's available for it and who's on holiday. Also, it let me check if we take too long to finish a project or not (by setting up a budget forecast).

It would be good to integrate other tools like Yadera or Monday.com. Also, I'd like to have an easier view on days split into different tasks (one per day is really clear, but as soon as you have 2-4 tasks a day, it's harder to read).

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Float Application - One of the best resource managment tool

Kommentare: Overall, it's a time-saver tool for our team in the organization as it centralizes a lot of task with transparency.

One of the things I like best about Float resource management tool is that it allows you to centralize your people and project data. This means that you can easily see the availability, workload, and skills of your team members, as well as the status, budget, and timeline of your projects

A few points on which float needs to work:- It has few API integrations that work- It has limited reporting and forecasting features or maybe I need to look into it myself.

Project Manager in UK
Marketing & Werbung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

A solid system for smaller teams

Kommentare: Great system, great team. There is a lot of very good positives for Float, but I can see there is still room to grow, but I have no doubt the team at Float will progress this in time.

Float is incredibly easy to use and integrate into smaller teams. Visually straightforward, it gives you quick and simple answers to essential resource-based questions and allows team members to see what work they should be progressing and when in a tidy calendar view. In addition, there is an easy link between time in the calendar to projects that can be managed quickly.

I do find that compared to some other systems, a level of detail when it comes to finances and budgets vs resource is missing. Whilst you can get some very top-level detail, the ability to link actual time spent versus project budgets is a little simplistic and could be expanded upon to really drill down into more detail to provide better overall reports.