Über IntelliJ IDEA

IntelliJ IDEA, die Java-IDE mit der am schnellsten wachsenden Mindshare, enthält Unterstützung für Java 8 und Java EE 7, neue Tools für Android

Erfahre mehr über IntelliJ IDEA

I've been using it for several months now after going through a coding Bootcamp. The features and ease of use are awesome.

When I shoot a new project, my old projects deteriorate. I need to do the dependency settings again.

Bewertungen zu IntelliJ IDEA

IntelliJ IDEA hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 952 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du IntelliJ IDEA bereits verwendet?

Lilit H.
Lilit H.
Software engineer in Armenien

From Netbeans to Intellij

5 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: It's my everyday tool for application development.

Everything needed is in one place with cool plugins. My favorite part is double shift. Finding everything with it so quickly.

The amount of ram it takes. Sometimes becomes slow. cntrl shift F is not always findinf unless you press on the parent project.

Lead UI Developer in Schweden

IntelliJ is agile and helpful, you can't go wrong!

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: It's been reliable and extremely helpful when it comes to rapid development. I cannot recommend it enough for beginner devs. If you just go over the documentation pages for all the features you will know what i mean!
A few years back it was freeing on startup but the support team helped me resolve that pretty quickly.

So many extras! You can have so many add-ons and I take advantage of that daily! There is a strong support system and a great community of developers.

It's a bit heavy and I usually have a an issue with it when it decides to start "Indexing". Nothing that would deter me from using it though.

Claudius I.
Software engineer in Rumänien
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

I would not recommend IJ for AS3 / Flex / AIR Development

Kommentare: Extremely bad experience. It was so bad that I started to build my own AS3 / Flex / AIR build engine; it overcomes the above problems and I can use it in place of IntelliJ's build & pack functionality. It will be on GitHub soon, look for ciacob/SIRIUS

It was an IDE that *somehow* filled the gap for AS3 / Flex / AIR developers after Flash Builder left the stage. With Moonshine not mature enough and Flash Developer being a rather unfriendly bunch of batch scripts that one would have to edit for things to kind-of-work, IntelliJ IDEA (plus the Flash/Flex/AIR plug-ins) stepped in to provide a solution, any solution at all.

I want to make it crystal clear that I mainly use IJ for AS3 / Flex / AIR development. I do not know whether its subpar behavior is rooted in those dedicated plugins. I did use IJ for developing some Node.js applications, and experience was a little better. But this review is ONLY about using IJ for AS3 / Flex / AIR development. I very much dislike pretty everything, but the worst are: - the build process: IJ does not do any work to ease SWC dependencies management; in a world where there are tools that analyze your code for imports and class instantiations and automatically match them against projects and libraries in your workspace (I build myself such a tool, it's name is SIRIUS and will be soon out on GitHub), IJ still wants you to add by hand 25+ dependencies. - SDK handling: as any Flex/AIR developer knows, AIR SDKs have to be overlaid on FLEX SDKs and this alone is a source for countless problems; add on top that SDKs are often shipped in incomplete form (*.jar and *.swc files have to be salvaged from older SDKs) and you understand how being able to quickly patch / swap / tinker with an AIR/Flex SDK and test it's in working condition could save the day. IJ maintains some long-life caching of file listings in every SDK you throw at it; this makes it practically impossible to alter an existing SDK and have the changes reflected. The only workaround I have been able to find was to rename the SDK, add it as a new SDK, and remove the older one. - indexi CHAR LIMIT HIT.

Anand S.
Anand S.
Full Stack Developer in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Increase your productivity by folds while learning how to improve your code.

Kommentare: I am using it daily at work. I can't describe how much I liked it, my productive level has increased by folds after using it.

Everything thing in a single window. From terminal to Database debug to live code editing to source control. And the support of plugins is like the cherry on top thing.

Bulky. Consumes a lot of RAM. But I guess if the software is providing so much information and functionalities it will require RAM.

Jaroth M.
Student in Mexiko

IntelliJ a great software for developers.

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: My overall experience was absolutely good, I love this software.

I really like the functions, the options and the differents tools that you can use in this software to create a lot of useful programs, projects, applications, this software provide us a lot of things.

I like least the graphic interface, for a lot of people that is starting with this software can be stressful or hard to understand because it have a lot of things in the screen and in some cases it's really hard.

Jayden O.
Student in USA
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Great for students like me!

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Great as a student seriously

I loved this application alot because it allowed me to implement my code with GitHub and finish student projects connecting to my other collegiate peers. It is great overall as a major development tool around the world

I just dont usuallt care for the complexity viewing due to how hard it is for me too view everything on a small screen and I cant individually adjust the size

Serge C.
Senior Solution Architect in Kanada

Great for Scala development

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Getting started even for a newbie is easy. Simply install, then install plugin and off you go)

WHile it easy to get started, advance setting are not always intuitive.

Bugra S.
Student in Türkei
Computer-Software, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

BS_Intellijidea

5 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I migrated from eclipse to this ide to develop and learn java code and I am quite satisfied

The interface is quite simple, there is no complexity, you can give your full attention while writing code and the dark mode is very successful.

In general, the code is slow to run, but the running time of a complex and long code and a simple code is almost the same. In other ideas, simple codes run fast, complex and long codes take longer time than intellij.

Jelle D.
Software Developer in Niederlande

One of the best of it's kind

5 letzten Monat Neu

IntelliJ is a very effective and good looking IDEA that has suited all my needs. Includes a ton of functionalities.

Can get a bit difficult to get started with, due to the amount of functionalities

Software Test Engineer in Türkei

Perfect for especially Java Developers

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: I developed test automation projects using Java and Selenium with Intellij IDEA. I think with other IDEs, it wouldn't be this productive for me. It is the best IDE when it comes to Java development.

It has gradle and maven build system in it which is super useful for Java developers and test automation engineers.

Sometimes it needs a little more time for to start when compared to other IDEs.

Bhavik J.
Software Engineer in Indien
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

An Intelligent IDE with lots of features

4 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Our overall experience with IntelliJ Idea has been really satisfactory. This IDE is powerful and have all the required features. Debugging is helpful and search functionality is robust. If it can improve its memory management and performance on low end machines, it can be a ten on ten IDE.

IntelliJ Idea is an excellent IDE with a great code editor and all the features a developer can need. It supports all the major programming languages one can think of and the debugging features are really helpful. Also, the code completion intelligence, called IntelliSense is really powerful and smart. Also, the inbuilt GIT support comes in very handy.

The only thing we feel IntelliJ Idea should improve is its memory management, working on low configuration machines is really hard and requires a lot of efforts.

Vikram K.
Vikram K.
Lead - Testing in Indien
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Well established tool for software development

Kommentare: It's the greatest IDE all-around, and it's continually updated with performance enhancements and useful new features. I appreciate that you can utilise the free version, which is quite capable, and then upgrade to the commercial version for more features and interaction with other services and applications, such as databases. Has a terrific plugin marketplace, as well as a great UI and shortcuts for navigating and editing more quickly. It assists me in writing better code by providing ideas and allowing me to explore my code quickly.

Predictions and ideas for code, a plethora of modification choices, a plethora of plugins, and a helpful community, Many of the benefits are similar across Web Storm and IntelliJ, which seems to be true across the board for all of Jet Brains' development products. Another feature I enjoy is the ability to connect directly to your databases and select from a range of database kinds. This is useful with Java Persistence since IntelliJ notifies you right away if there are database changes that aren't in sync with your domain objects, even before you try to fix them.

Some plugins need a significant amount of RAM, so if you're using a system with insufficient processing power, you could not receive the entire experience. As a result, in order for this Extremely Helpful programme to work effectively, you need utilise a powerful system. Features like code colour style, code completion, and code inspection significantly down the editor's operation in some situations, such as while working on a big file. In such circumstances, I run into a lot of ram use and have to manually collaborate by turning off some of the features. Another is the code for the premium features of the software. For a freelancer, purchasing a licence is prohibitively expensive, thus they are forced to explore for alternatives.

Mirza S.
QA Tester in Bosnien und Herzegowina

An amazing IDE, make my life so much easier!

Kommentare: I have been primarily using it for test automation, UI, and API and I can say that it's a really powerful tool, very helpful as it speeds up writing code. It's stable, reliable, well supported, and highly customizable. JetBrains makes excellent IDEs and IntelliJ is fine proof of that!

Code predictions and suggestions, a ton of customization options, a lot of plugins, and a supportive community.

The number of available options can be a bit intimidating for a first-time user, but it's not much of a con as after using it for a while you will come to appreciate its rich features.

Osher S.
Software developer in Südafrika
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Best all round Java IDE

Kommentare: The overall experience has been great and I will carry on using it at work for our projects. It helps me a lot to get the job done with its rich feature set, great code linter and plugins available and shortcuts. It will definitely be my go to IDE for Java development.

I find it’s the best IDE all round that’s constantly updated with performance improvements and new features that help. I love that you can use a free version that’s extremely capable and buy the paid for version for some extra useful features and integration with other services and software like databases. Has a great marketplace for plugins and great interface and shortcuts to navigate and edit faster. It helps me code better with suggestions and navigate my code fast.

I personally found it hard to get used to the built in git client as opposed to using a separate one. I also found that it can be slow for start-up on large projects but that is expected when it analyses your code and has improved with updates.

Cyber Security R&D Engineer in Türkei
Telekommunikation, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Best IDE Ever!

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: It's best IDE for Java and Maven platform. Also, I've been using it for Spring Boot developments.

IntelliJ IDEA is one of the products of Jetbrains. Most powerful thing for IntelliJ, all IDE has same features and user experience with user interface. Maven repository usage is very powerful. Also, autocomplete and intellisense are great.

I was .NET developer and used Visual Studio more than 15 years. I really struggle to find some setting on IntelliJ menus.

Robert G.
Producer in USA
Musik, Selbstständig

More Productivity For A Premium Price

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: In the end, the excellent workflow/UI and the focus on productivity far outweighs the cost and any minor quirks in tools. All things considered I believe it offers a significant value proposition as I've found myself (an only occasional programmer) to be much more productive with it than with competing products.

Overall, the focus on productivity and workflow is my favorite aspect of it. I've used other JetBrains products and generally love their tools and the general workflow/way they layout their user interface. Compared to some of the more "What You See is What You Get" alternatives or IDEs that take a bit more customization to feel "right", I can say that the immediacy and convenience of JetBrain's approach to the workflow is excellence.

As with other JetBrains products, for non-open-source projects you will be paying a premium price for their premium product. Also, there are a few edges that could be smoothed out in some of the View windows and the way they display errors. I think preferences regarding Tools, refactoring, and error reporting are slightly different for everyone but there were some things that took a little getting used to coming from Eclipse.

Matthew B.
Matthew B.
Project Manager in Jamaika

Powerful IDE worth the investment

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: A number of the other IDEs on the market are resource heavy and sluggish. IntelliJ also does a very good job with memory management on MacOS and doesn't need any fancy configuration to get up and running. Unit testing software, database plugins, memory monitors are all a part of this tool.

Jetbrains packs a lot of features into one IDE. If you are searching for a tool to do something very specific in Java - usually there is a plugin for it. I've grown up using netbeans and eclipse, but have always needed to rely on external tools to provide additional features. But intelliJ is very feature rich.

The cost is very heavy especially for a startup company. It works out if you are a large company or a teacher/student. The costs rule out a lot of people from using this tool over something free like eclipse/netbeans.

Robert G.
Software Engineer III in USA
Telekommunikation, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

IntelliJ Review

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Great, I was sold on IntelliJ while watching a YouTube tutorial where someone was using it. I ended up buying access to the whole development suite. I use most of them, but, I don't write in every language, only a few.

I had used WebStorm prior to using IntelliJ, so, many of the perks are the same between those two products which also seems to pleasantly true about all of the JetBrains development products across the board. One major feature I like is the 'Terminal'; in most cases I deal with Linux bash, so I enjoy having a terminal window that opens in the project directory and uses bash instead of the WIndows CLI. Another feature I like is that you can connect directly to your databases and chose from a wide variety of DB types. This comes in handy with Java Persistence because IntelliJ informs you immediately if there are database changes that are not in sync with you domain objects, before you even try to run any code. The integration of common tools like Maven and ANT are seamless and there are so many built-in features that would need to be plug-ins if you were using Eclipse or NetBeans. Not to mention the plugins in IntelliJ are extremely easy to install, upgrade or disable if you are having problems.

The few things I would like IntelliJ to do are probably already available, but, I haven't figured out how to do it yet ;) But, I had had an issue with the validation of external Maven libraries, and, I do wish there was a way to clear the heap memory in the JRE. I was able to connect to our JIRA instance through IntelliJ, but, I cold not interact with the tasks the way I would like to, I'd like to track tickets in JIRA better from the IDE.

Mint S.
Senior Software Engineer in USA

Great IDE for JAVA Developers

Kommentare: Once you've gotten familiar with some of the more common IntelliJ IDEA keyboard shortcuts (Shift + Shift for finding/opening files, CMD+SHIFT+F for project searches), you will find yourself able to move across your codebase with little effort. I find the IDE just as stable if not more so than STS/Eclipse for Spring development.

I've been a JAVA developer for about 12 years now and have bumped between Netbeans, Eclipse, and now IntelliJ as my IDE of choice. By far, IntelliJ IDEA is the best IDE for JAVA developers. We currently maintain a Spring Boot app with many microservices, using IntelliJ and their great keyboard shortcuts, I'm able to find and maneuver across files and projects with ease. The Evaluator in the debugger has also saved me countless hours of debugging by allowing me to easily test various methods on variables captured during debugging. Also, the later releases have really embraced themes. I've found the "One DarK" theme combined with the "Dracula" text editor color scheme to hit the spot for me. It's quite an elegant IDE.

I've noticed the memory footprint of IntelliJ gets pretty high, but I have it managing all of my micro services and each java process is counted in there. I don't think IntelliJ necessarily uses more memory than other JAVA IDEs, but it's something you should be mindful of.

Sanskriti G.
Sanskriti G.
Senior Software Engineer in Nepal

IntelliJ was a game changer at our desk.

Kommentare: We implemented intelliJ for java development at our desk. Its been almost 18 months since our team is working on Jetbrains intelliJ, and their support is outstanding. Jetbrains is innovating new things, and the UI progressively changes over time with much more improved features.
Whenever we are having problem, we are able to reach out to IntelliJ support, and get our issue solved as fast and prompted.

IntelliJ IDEA is great for coding. IntelliJ is more than just an IDE, it gives the code completion as we type. If there's any error on the code, it gives the suggestion on what's wrong, and simply pressing 'alt+enter' we are able see the options to fix the error. Also, its easy to refactor code as we write it. With IntelliJ we are being able to implement interfaces, create methods and rename anything we code, extract variables, fields, methods and so on. Also, it supports quick fixes to our code and users are able to use basic, smart and hippie completion to minimize typing. IntelliJ has extensive support for integrating with version control systems, so the entire process of development such as testing & committing can be managed with ease using visualizations of repository. IntelliJ helps developers to stay in the flow, lets us focus on development, generates common codes and suggest sensible values, by which developers are able to debug and execute the code with ease. With its fully integrated environment, we don't need to switch from IDE to perform further development tasks, and it has been a great experience with IntelliJ environment, since we started using at our desk.

Really nothing of note as cons. The only things that concerns me is the pricing. The community edition of IntelliJ offers basic features, though we needs further features to integrate with Java Eclipse or Java Enterprise, which requires a premium plan and is bit costly.

Ryan M.
Founder, CTO in USA
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

IntelliJ products are perfect for the multi-language developer

Kommentare: Overall, IntelliJ IDEA has been a staple in my toolkit and without it, I'm not sure I'd have gotten as far in my career given how powerful it is. It really forces you to learn more about the code you write instead of having to familiarize yourself with IDE features (I came from Macromedia Dreamweaver 8 back in the day) and it forces you to write quality code so you can take advantage of the amazing features such as find/replace and the various refactoring tools (which vary by IDE, i.e. Resharper for the C languages, but there are some core features available in every IntelliJ IDE). Additionally, you save a ton of time using the aforementioned refactoring tools.

- Learn IntelliJ IDEA, and you're good for every other product. - So many options for almost every language, for example you have PhpStorm, WebStorm, CLion, and many more. - They're always improving their core features such as search and their terminal (which allows you to connect to any of PowerShell, Git Bash, or Command Prompt) - There's no shortage of themes. They've even somewhat recently introduced a beautiful material design theme that was pretty bad at first, but once they've implemented it in the core of the product instead of as a half-built overlay, it turned out absolutely stunning - Every IDE is consistent, making it very easy to navigate after learning the hotkeys (or if you're more of a mouse user, the context menus and top menu items). For example, CTRL+Shift+F will allow you to search the entire project or directory in any of IntelliJ's IDEs. - They offer a product manager visually similar to the older Adobe product manager (Adobe's recently was updated, great job on Adobe's part but that's unrelated) allowing you to install and update IntelliJ products very quickly and downloads/installations are blazing fast.

Honestly, IntelliJ products have really helped me through my professional career and I've built so much of my knowledge around their products, so I can't really call anything a con because not only have they built the fundamental infrastructure of my knowledge using IDEs, other IDEs copy them. They're widely recognized as the gold standard in (somewhat) open-source IDEs. I will say it being built with Java was a con, but Java has improved their performance and load times significantly in the last 10 years, making it nearly impossible to quickly identify something is made with Java if you didn't look at the files or know some subtleties to look for. Java used to be slow and that did, at one point, persist to IntelliJ IDEs, but now there's absolutely no bottleneck and it's just as fast as any native software without a VM.

Software Desinger in Sri Lanka
Computer-Software, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

IntelliJ IDEA for Java Programer

Kommentare: Overall intellij IDEA is the best programming software to professional programers.It is the favorite one of to me.It also very helpful tool to amateur programers to professional programmers.It feel me like my programming partner while I programming .It so smart and intelligent there for Its knows my next step and adapt to my coding style quickly.

Software developing is my part time income methode.Most of the time I use java as my main programming language because its very efficient and one of the commonly using programming language in the market.There for i need a high level programming software or a IDE for java programming .Few days ago Netbeans is my daily driver.But seen after the functionality and smartness of Intellij IDEA I moved on to it.Mainly I like to programming several languages in same IDE or in same software .It very helpful to me to manage my working space rather than using several softwares for programming in several languages.Intellij IDEA simply supply me this functionality in my trial period of Intellij IDEA.The most interesting thing that I love this software is its smartness .When I am coding on Intellij IDEA it simply notify the errors which I made and simply giving some suggestions to slove it and most of the time those suggestions are the things which I want to do.It feel me like a my programming partner or sidekick.Its know what I am going to do next and support me to achieve it.It is a difference and fun experience of programming rather than using Netbeans .Some time its auto generate the code and set the position to next I need to code.It is so helpful to me and lot of time saving .I definitely buy this software.

Still I did not able to found any thing which disappointe me.But I like to have it more trial period because I not experience whole area of functionality of it.I like the interface of the software but I would like to be it much more user friendly because it will very helpful to amateur programmers.Also it must interdiuse it shortcuts and functions while it programming first.I think it must inbuilt the link of supportive software and parties like Boostrap,Jquery.It is much helpful when offline coding.

Dulvin W.
Dulvin W.
Software Engineer in Sri Lanka
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Awesome IDE for your daily JAVA related development

Kommentare: I am very pleased with IntelliJ IDEA after moving from Eclipse. Which is also a great tool but I love how smooth IntelliJ IDEA runs on my MacBook Pro. This is one of the best experience I have with an IDE

I like how intelligently it suggests, and it's features which include awesome code completions, as well as intuitive way to integrate plugins for different tools. It also includes gigantic amount of shortcuts, when you're familiar with them makes your day to day life pretty easy. Attractive interface along with the debugging capabilities for JAVA makes this the go to tool for any developer. This also has version control included, which smoothens the process of a Software developer by a great deal

Some plugins take huge amount of memory, so if you're on a machine which does not have enough power, you might not get the fullest experience. Hence you're encouraged to use a powerful machine for this Extremely Helpful software to run properly

Arturo M.
Developer in Spanien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great software but too heavy on resources

Kommentare: Overal is a great tool, but for the price paid I would expect a bit more care on the resources consumption section, since not always you are able to use a machine with 64 GB of RAM and an I9 CPU.

Intellij is a really complete tool for java development; It offers great integrations to work with Maven, Hibernate and so on and the git integration for version controll is great. On the configuration side, it offers a really great amount of options, for example for the code formatter, code generation and other code-cosmetics stuff. Besides you can also create config for another great bunch of stuff such as a proxi configuration, Sonarqube integration and so on, but this is something more common among all java IDEs. The configuration of the environments for execution is really complete and is really useful in order to have different running option depending on your needs for the same project. It also allows to code Node.js projects and xhtml, without lacking any option. And in case of missing something, the integrated terminal is a really useful tool. Regarding the debugger, is really good, you can navigate directly from one class to another just by clicking on the variables and so on, which is very usefull to quickly set new breakpoints during the debug session. There are a lot of more capabilities that makes Intellij a great tool for java devs.

Well, the main cons are the high amount of resources needed for this software, which makes that sometimes the IDE itself stuck for several minutes while it finished processing something. Also I found out that when you have multiple breakpoints set in the code, it also consumes a lot of RAM even when you're not debugging. Besides this, the great amount of features of the software makes complicate to learn how to use it. Also at some point after close the program it fails on terminating the Java process, so you ended with a bunch of java executions on the background

Student in Kanada
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

The other half of any Java developer's brain

Kommentare: IDEA has been my go-to Java editor for school and work, and for good reason. Of all the Java IDEs out there, IDEA is the one that truly makes the 'integrated environment' part of 'IDE' a reality by giving you full control over your code -- rather than the other way around.

When IntelliJ markets IDEA as 'the intelligent Java IDE', they aren't exaggerating. It has the best autocomplete of any IDE I've ever used, beating out the likes of Visual Studio with suggestions that are exactly what I need 99% of the time. But by far my favourite part of IDEA's intelligence are its code suggestions, which will tell you if you've made weird or inefficient choices with your code. This can range from telling you about an if-else statement that will never be true, to identifying anti-patterns that would have cost you down the line. The latter continuously impresses me with how insightful and specific the advice can get. Even looking beyond the intelligent part, IDEA was made first and foremost with Java developers in mind and it shows. I can't tell you how much time the code generators have saved me from writing boilerplate, and code refactoring works like a dream. I can't picture Java development getting any better than this.

The most immediately frustrating thing about IntelliJ is its startup time. It's not abysmally slow, but in a world where editors like Visual Studio Code and Sublime Text exist with lightning-fast startup times, waiting for IDEA to boot up can be less-than-ideal. Many times, I've resorted to just opening up my Java files in Notepad for small edits because I couldn't be bothered to spend more time opening the IDEA than it would take to make the edit. The other thing that makes me reluctant to open IDEA from time-to-time is its resource intensity. I use a small laptop for most of my work, which is capable of running IDEA just fine... until I open up Firefox, Slack, and other programs I use on a daily basis. There have been more than a few times where I've had to close other windows or even IntelliJ itself because its resource usage was slowing my system down to a crawl.