Über IntelliJ IDEA

IntelliJ IDEA, die Java-IDE mit der am schnellsten wachsenden Mindshare, enthält Unterstützung für Java 8 und Java EE 7, neue Tools für Android

Erfahre mehr über IntelliJ IDEA

I've been using it for several months now after going through a coding Bootcamp. The features and ease of use are awesome.

When I shoot a new project, my old projects deteriorate. I need to do the dependency settings again.

Bewertungen zu IntelliJ IDEA

IntelliJ IDEA hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 1.204 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du IntelliJ IDEA bereits verwendet?

Nutzerbewertungen filtern (1.203)

Nino
- in Deutschland
Internet, Selbstständig

Bewertung des Programmes IntelliJ IDEA

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Ich finde IntelliJ eines der besten, je auf den Markt gebrachten Progammierprogramme für hauptsächlich die Sprache Java.

Mir gefällt besonders gut, das man bei den meisten Sachen die man programmiert schon bei dem kleinsten Fehler drauf hingewiesen wird und einem auch geholfen wird mit Tutorials (.class).

Mir gefällt persönlich das neue Design nicht so, weshalb ich das alte benutze.

Wasif
Wasif
Tech lead in Saudi-Arabien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

IntelliJ IDEA Review

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Its amazing. I am a daily user of it and would highly recommend it to developers.

Clean GUI, fast search and debugging. Build-in features so that you dont have to install extra stuff for development.

More free addons should be available in the store for it

Yiğit
Yiğit
Software Developer in Türkei

IntelliJ IDEA for Professional Developers

Kommentare: IntelliJ IDEA has become a software that I can easily use with my teammates and increases our development speed in many projects. As a program that is constantly updated and renews itself, it attaches great importance to user support. This of course motivates us. The fact that we have a large community behind us regarding the software we use greatly reduces the potential problems we may experience. IntelliJ offers professional development experience with its unique innovations that promise high performance and perfect interface.

IntelliJ IDEA has powerful technologies and features. User friendly and easy to use GUI. Runs much faster than alternatives. You can edit and configure everything you imagine in your project with IntelliJ IDEA. If you are a developer and you have a idea, you should use IntelliJ IDEA!

Maybe RAM usage of the program should be optimized.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Microsoft Visual Studio, Apache NetBeans, Eclipse IDE und Visual Studio Code

Warum IntelliJ IDEA gewählt wurde: Eclipse is not working efficiently. Crushes every time i open a project. Bad GUI and themes. Less features and plugins.

Zuvor genutzte Software: Eclipse IDE

Gründe für den Wechsel zu IntelliJ IDEA: It stands out with its product quality among many alternatives. Definitely #1 in customer support. In addition, it always offers the right product to its customers with the innovations that come regularly and the wide product range it offers.

Claudius
Software engineer in Rumänien

I would not recommend IJ for AS3 / Flex / AIR Development

Kommentare: Extremely bad experience. It was so bad that I started to build my own AS3 / Flex / AIR build engine; it overcomes the above problems and I can use it in place of IntelliJ's build & pack functionality. It will be on GitHub soon, look for ciacob/SIRIUS

It was an IDE that *somehow* filled the gap for AS3 / Flex / AIR developers after Flash Builder left the stage. With Moonshine not mature enough and Flash Developer being a rather unfriendly bunch of batch scripts that one would have to edit for things to kind-of-work, IntelliJ IDEA (plus the Flash/Flex/AIR plug-ins) stepped in to provide a solution, any solution at all.

I want to make it crystal clear that I mainly use IJ for AS3 / Flex / AIR development. I do not know whether its subpar behavior is rooted in those dedicated plugins. I did use IJ for developing some Node.js applications, and experience was a little better. But this review is ONLY about using IJ for AS3 / Flex / AIR development. I very much dislike pretty everything, but the worst are: - the build process: IJ does not do any work to ease SWC dependencies management; in a world where there are tools that analyze your code for imports and class instantiations and automatically match them against projects and libraries in your workspace (I build myself such a tool, it's name is SIRIUS and will be soon out on GitHub), IJ still wants you to add by hand 25+ dependencies. - SDK handling: as any Flex/AIR developer knows, AIR SDKs have to be overlaid on FLEX SDKs and this alone is a source for countless problems; add on top that SDKs are often shipped in incomplete form (*.jar and *.swc files have to be salvaged from older SDKs) and you understand how being able to quickly patch / swap / tinker with an AIR/Flex SDK and test it's in working condition could save the day. IJ maintains some long-life caching of file listings in every SDK you throw at it; this makes it practically impossible to alter an existing SDK and have the changes reflected. The only workaround I have been able to find was to rename the SDK, add it as a new SDK, and remove the older one. - indexi CHAR LIMIT HIT.

Dylan
Dylan
Software Developer in UK

Jetbrains Tools make me 10x the developer I am

Kommentare: IDEA is like going from using hand tools to using power tools for the first time. It's a learning curve, but when you see what you can achieve with it, you wonder how you ever wrote code without it.

I love that it indexes your entire project, so that intellisense actually suggests methods that exist and make sense rather than fuzzy matching like other IDEs do.

It is expensive. If you're a developer that has to pay for these tools personally instead of paid for by a company, it's a tough pill to swallow, but very worth it.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Apache NetBeans und Visual Studio Code

Warum IntelliJ IDEA gewählt wurde: The in-depth understanding the IDE has of not just the language but the databases, build tools and frameworks around the language, that make using the language easier.

Zuvor genutzte Software: Apache NetBeans und Visual Studio Code

Gründe für den Wechsel zu IntelliJ IDEA: The enterprise-grade tooling that comes with the IDE. It's not just an editor, but it's also a version control viewer, a database inspector, diagram generator and more.

Matthew
Matthew
Project Manager in Jamaika

Powerful IDE worth the investment

Kommentare: A number of the other IDEs on the market are resource heavy and sluggish. IntelliJ also does a very good job with memory management on MacOS and doesn't need any fancy configuration to get up and running. Unit testing software, database plugins, memory monitors are all a part of this tool.

Jetbrains packs a lot of features into one IDE. If you are searching for a tool to do something very specific in Java - usually there is a plugin for it. I've grown up using netbeans and eclipse, but have always needed to rely on external tools to provide additional features. But intelliJ is very feature rich.

The cost is very heavy especially for a startup company. It works out if you are a large company or a teacher/student. The costs rule out a lot of people from using this tool over something free like eclipse/netbeans.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Apache NetBeans und Eclipse IDE

Warum IntelliJ IDEA gewählt wurde: The integrated toolset, the number of plugins, the support and the speed of intelliJ puts all other java IDEs to shame.

Zuvor genutzte Software: Apache NetBeans und Eclipse IDE

Samuel Isaí
Samuel Isaí
Fullstack dev in Mexiko

The ultimate IDE for devs

Kommentare: It was nice and comfortable, I felt myself more productive

The awesome GUI and all lenguages and frameworks that supports, It made my coding experience nicer and faster

Performance would be a weak point as the size that takes from the disk and memory. A lite version would be wonderful

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Visual Studio Code

Warum IntelliJ IDEA gewählt wurde: GUI was a motivation

Zuvor genutzte Software: Visual Studio Code

Gründe für den Wechsel zu IntelliJ IDEA: Because intellij idea has a improved support for Java and kotlin

Nuno
Principal BE Developer in Portugal
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

One of the most complete IDE in the market

The base product is very robust and allows for a lot of languages, and the plugins available allow it to go even further with connection to Docker, AWS, and Databases.Even for beginners, it's a good tool due to its learning plugins.

Sometimes it may be a little confusing to get to the specific setting that a person is looking for, but there is a search setting feature that improves the experience there.

NOMPILO
Software Developer Intern in Südafrika
Computer-Software, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Comprehensive Review of IntelliJ IDEA

Kommentare: I love IntelliJ IDEA its amazing. I enjoy using.

The IDE offers advanced code completion, smart suggestions, and context-aware coding assistance, significantly speeding up coding and reducing errors. IntelliJ IDEA provides powerful and safe refactoring tools, allowing for easy code restructuring, renaming, and other optimizations without compromising code integrity. The IDE seamlessly integrates with version control systems like Git. I appreciate the ability to customize the IDE's layout. User friendly interface.

New users, especially those transitioning from simpler IDEs, might find IntelliJ IDEA's extensive features and settings overwhelming initially, requiring time to learn and adapt.

Ajay kumar
Full Stack Developer in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The best IDE available for Java programmers

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Over the past few years, I've moved to IntelliJ. It's superior, albeit I'm not sure why. There isn't just one significant jump. However, it is more adept at refactoring, supports a wider range of languages, handles Git better, and is easier to understand. It performs better when it comes to making inferences from code, such as recommending changes like switching to a lambda or eliminating unnecessary code. That kind of thing.

A very seamless development workflow is made possible by the design's inherent intelligence and efficiency, which extends to the construction, testing, debugging, and refactoring stages! In addition to offering a multitude of plugins that we can incorporate into the editor, it is jam-packed with capabilities.

The price is more expensive other wise the IntelliJ IDEA is best developing tool for application developers

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

A really good option for college students to develop software

5,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I've been using IntelliJ IDEA to develop Minecraft plugins for almost 2 years. I made a really good decision by using this software. I liked the fact that I could customize the UI and use my own themes and plugins. The preparation to build Minecraft plugins was really easy and fast, I loved that. I really recommend using IntelliJ IDEA to develop Minecraft plugins/mods.

I liked because they provide a yearly free subscription for college students, which really helped because I needed a free/cheap IDE to try out my Java skills. The option I liked the most to practice Java was by making Minecraft plugins, and IntelliJ IDEA helped me with that.

I unfortunately encountered some bugs when I tried to move my IntelliJ IDEA data from one device to another and couldn't set it up correctly so I had to reinstall the app on my new device.

Robert
Producer in USA
Musik, Selbstständig

More Productivity For A Premium Price

Kommentare: In the end, the excellent workflow/UI and the focus on productivity far outweighs the cost and any minor quirks in tools. All things considered I believe it offers a significant value proposition as I've found myself (an only occasional programmer) to be much more productive with it than with competing products.

Overall, the focus on productivity and workflow is my favorite aspect of it. I've used other JetBrains products and generally love their tools and the general workflow/way they layout their user interface. Compared to some of the more "What You See is What You Get" alternatives or IDEs that take a bit more customization to feel "right", I can say that the immediacy and convenience of JetBrain's approach to the workflow is excellence.

As with other JetBrains products, for non-open-source projects you will be paying a premium price for their premium product. Also, there are a few edges that could be smoothed out in some of the View windows and the way they display errors. I think preferences regarding Tools, refactoring, and error reporting are slightly different for everyone but there were some things that took a little getting used to coming from Eclipse.

Osher
Software developer in Südafrika

Best all round Java IDE

Kommentare: The overall experience has been great and I will carry on using it at work for our projects. It helps me a lot to get the job done with its rich feature set, great code linter and plugins available and shortcuts. It will definitely be my go to IDE for Java development.

I find it’s the best IDE all round that’s constantly updated with performance improvements and new features that help. I love that you can use a free version that’s extremely capable and buy the paid for version for some extra useful features and integration with other services and software like databases. Has a great marketplace for plugins and great interface and shortcuts to navigate and edit faster. It helps me code better with suggestions and navigate my code fast.

I personally found it hard to get used to the built in git client as opposed to using a separate one. I also found that it can be slow for start-up on large projects but that is expected when it analyses your code and has improved with updates.

Shadi
IT Consultant & Online Instructor in Schweiz

Designed for addiction...

Kommentare: I started with the community edition then I found out during the trial period of the Ultimate edition, is that it has so many powerful utilities and not only with but with other high level programming languages like groovy, Kotlin, etc. Also, I impressed with the integration with other CI tools i.e. GitHub, Team City, Jira, Docker, etc. In a nut shell it it is a beautiful and power IDE that's why I decided to buy a license for only 10 Euros a month, it's worth it.

The way it was designed, made me addicted to the tool, and I love to use it on a daily basis. To be honest I found Java more appealing to interact with using IntelliJ community or Ultimate edition.

The only Cons I find is if you don't use it you do not know what you are missing out... Sometime other integrated plug-in appear to issue messages but this is a minor issue as IntelliJ IDE is controlling the behavior of these plug-ins.

Travis
Rundfunkmedien, Selbstständig

The 100 Year Java IDE War

Kommentare: It works, its a full blown Java IDE. If you're building a Web App or a Game Server, it'll do it. It works, looks, and feels, just like netbeans/eclipse/etc. You have a file dir window/panel then the code editor. you can run builds and bug checks. It auto reads classnames n such to cross reference your code live while typing it.

Default darkmode, the sexiest IDE with a default install (no plugins/themes). Also Android plugin, to make transition from web jar app to apk app easier.

TBH I just don't feel that there's anything that sets this apart from Netbeans or other IDE. Oracle manages Java JDK's/JRE's for Debain/Ubuntu repo's as well as Netbeans. So that alone is why for NEW Java developers I suggest Netbeans. IntelliJ I offer as another solid alternative. Just their marketing of all the different IDE's for other languages they offer, then versions of those... Can be overwhelming/confusing for NEW users, so if I refer someone that way... I'm almost guaranteed to have a heap of questions of what version to use, should I be coding this is Java vs Python vs C.

Harshil
Student in Indien

My Experience With IntillijIdea

Kommentare: IntillijIdea is a great IDE for developers who want a powerful and efficient solution. It's easy to use and offers many features that make developing apps and websites easier.

IntillijIdea is an extremely powerful and efficient integrated development environment (IDE) from JetBrains. The IDE is highly customizable and provides many useful features such as code completion, refactoring, version control, and a built-in debugger. It's also very easy to use and navigate around.

One of the drawbacks of IntillijIdea is that it requires a lot of memory and disk space. It can also be a bit pricey for some users.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Eclipse IDE und Visual Studio Code

Gründe für den Wechsel zu IntelliJ IDEA: After researching each of the alternatives, I chose IntillijIdea because of its powerful features, efficient performance, and intuitive user interface. It is very easy to code using IntillijIdea instead of VS code or Eclipse.

Hochschulbildung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

The other half of any Java developer's brain

Kommentare: IDEA has been my go-to Java editor for school and work, and for good reason. Of all the Java IDEs out there, IDEA is the one that truly makes the 'integrated environment' part of 'IDE' a reality by giving you full control over your code -- rather than the other way around.

When IntelliJ markets IDEA as 'the intelligent Java IDE', they aren't exaggerating. It has the best autocomplete of any IDE I've ever used, beating out the likes of Visual Studio with suggestions that are exactly what I need 99% of the time. But by far my favourite part of IDEA's intelligence are its code suggestions, which will tell you if you've made weird or inefficient choices with your code. This can range from telling you about an if-else statement that will never be true, to identifying anti-patterns that would have cost you down the line. The latter continuously impresses me with how insightful and specific the advice can get. Even looking beyond the intelligent part, IDEA was made first and foremost with Java developers in mind and it shows. I can't tell you how much time the code generators have saved me from writing boilerplate, and code refactoring works like a dream. I can't picture Java development getting any better than this.

The most immediately frustrating thing about IntelliJ is its startup time. It's not abysmally slow, but in a world where editors like Visual Studio Code and Sublime Text exist with lightning-fast startup times, waiting for IDEA to boot up can be less-than-ideal. Many times, I've resorted to just opening up my Java files in Notepad for small edits because I couldn't be bothered to spend more time opening the IDEA than it would take to make the edit. The other thing that makes me reluctant to open IDEA from time-to-time is its resource intensity. I use a small laptop for most of my work, which is capable of running IDEA just fine... until I open up Firefox, Slack, and other programs I use on a daily basis. There have been more than a few times where I've had to close other windows or even IntelliJ itself because its resource usage was slowing my system down to a crawl.

Sanskriti
Sanskriti
Senior Software Engineer in Nepal
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

IntelliJ was a game changer at our desk.

Kommentare: We implemented intelliJ for java development at our desk. Its been almost 18 months since our team is working on Jetbrains intelliJ, and their support is outstanding. Jetbrains is innovating new things, and the UI progressively changes over time with much more improved features.
Whenever we are having problem, we are able to reach out to IntelliJ support, and get our issue solved as fast and prompted.

IntelliJ IDEA is great for coding. IntelliJ is more than just an IDE, it gives the code completion as we type. If there's any error on the code, it gives the suggestion on what's wrong, and simply pressing 'alt+enter' we are able see the options to fix the error. Also, its easy to refactor code as we write it. With IntelliJ we are being able to implement interfaces, create methods and rename anything we code, extract variables, fields, methods and so on. Also, it supports quick fixes to our code and users are able to use basic, smart and hippie completion to minimize typing. IntelliJ has extensive support for integrating with version control systems, so the entire process of development such as testing & committing can be managed with ease using visualizations of repository. IntelliJ helps developers to stay in the flow, lets us focus on development, generates common codes and suggest sensible values, by which developers are able to debug and execute the code with ease. With its fully integrated environment, we don't need to switch from IDE to perform further development tasks, and it has been a great experience with IntelliJ environment, since we started using at our desk.

Really nothing of note as cons. The only things that concerns me is the pricing. The community edition of IntelliJ offers basic features, though we needs further features to integrate with Java Eclipse or Java Enterprise, which requires a premium plan and is bit costly.

Bhavik
Software Engineer in Indien

An Intelligent IDE with lots of features

Kommentare: Our overall experience with IntelliJ Idea has been really satisfactory. This IDE is powerful and have all the required features. Debugging is helpful and search functionality is robust. If it can improve its memory management and performance on low end machines, it can be a ten on ten IDE.

IntelliJ Idea is an excellent IDE with a great code editor and all the features a developer can need. It supports all the major programming languages one can think of and the debugging features are really helpful. Also, the code completion intelligence, called IntelliSense is really powerful and smart. Also, the inbuilt GIT support comes in very handy.

The only thing we feel IntelliJ Idea should improve is its memory management, working on low configuration machines is really hard and requires a lot of efforts.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Microsoft Visual Studio und Visual Studio Code

Zuvor genutzte Software: Eclipse IDE

Samuel
Senior DBA in USA
Logistik & Lieferkette, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Best Java IDE for developer

Kommentare: As my favorite IDE when coding Java, I think IntelliJ IDEA is smart and really improve my work quality. I have to admit that it is smart! While I am coding, IntelliJ thought proposes enhancements or choices, or cautions us when our code needs some consideration! I can utilize reviews to distinguish possible issues, and IntelliJ Thought likewise generally offers a remedy for this as well. I know people have a lot of thoughts on its cons such as “Not as great as eclipse” in terms of plug in varieties. Since my job role does not require me to use a lot plug ins, but I love the GUI and features of it. as a fairly new product with only 10 years, I think IntelliJ IDEA has completed a great job

-Powerful integration capabilities: such as support for Git, Maven, Spring, etc. . .-The prompt function is fast and convenient.-The prompt function has a relatively wide range.-Useful shortcut keys and code templates-precise search

1. A lack of plug-in creation. IDEA can only be described as a dwarf plug-in in comparison to Eclipse. There are now fewer than 400 plug-ins that have been formally announced, and many of them lack any useful content. It's possible that IDEA is too strong on its own.2. Only one project can be supported on the same page, which hinders development, especially for programmers who enjoy creating test processes to evaluate various techniques as they are being developed.3. A dearth of technical writing. There are currently relatively few technical articles and almost no technical assistance resources on the Internet.4. The amount of resources consumed is considerable. It basically takes more than 200M to construct a large and medium-sized J2EE project.

Noureddine
Noureddine
Write a Review for IntelliJ IDEA in Marokko
Programmentwicklung, Selbstständig

IntelliJ IDEA Review

IntelliJ IDEA provides a range of code analysis tools that help me identify potential bugs, errors, and other issues in my code. This includes code inspections, highlighting of syntax errors, and warnings, and makes it easy to navigate through my codebase with features like Go to Definition, Find Usages, and the ability to search for specific classes or methods.IntelliJ IDEA provides a suite of tools that help me refactor my code safely and quickly. This includes tools to rename variables and methods, extract code into methods or classes, and more, and offers advanced code completion and code generation features that can save me a lot of time while coding. It also provides context-sensitive suggestions and predictions and integrates with a variety of other tools and frameworks, including version control systems, builds tools, and testing frameworks. It also supports a wide range of programming languages, including Java, Kotlin, Python, and more.

of my experience, IntelliJ IDEA can be resource-intensive, which means that it can slow down your system, especially if you're working with large codebases or complex projects, and IntelliJ IDEA can have a steep learning curve, especially for developers who are new to the IDE. This can make it challenging to get up and running quickly. While IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition is free and open-source, the Ultimate Edition comes with a price tag that can be expensive for individual developers or small teams.I have reported occasional performance issues, including lag or freezing, which can be frustrating when working on time-sensitive projects.

Jugraj
Software Engineer in Indien

Best IDE for Software Development

Intellij is one of the Best IDE available for Free. There is a long list of feature that make it a great tool for application development. It`s Editor user-friendly with a list of shortcuts to help developer move quickly between files and perform task without taking hand off the keyboard. It support Code Colouring that visually help a lot in writing efficient and effective code. But the most useful of all is the code completion. While working on a huge project mistakes are tend to be happen, like misspelled variable or function name etc. But with IDE that`s not the case. I not even need to type half of the name, simply by typing first 2-3 letters i can chose from the list for possibility. Another Heavily used feature is real-time code inspection. It help me correct more then half of the mistakes without going to execute and find. that saves my valuable time and effort. Built in VCS (git) is one of the easiest i have ever used. It allows me to visually differ two versions of same file and help me select which line of code from which version i want in my final file without removing the rest of the code which is very useful which testing patches and fix. With a vast library of plugins one can customise the IDE to there specific need. Support for dependencies resolving for a library and Different File format come handy.

In my experience this tool is a great and must have requirement for a software . But sometimes having a huge list of functionality can be the downside also. In certain cases like working on a large file features like code colour styling, code completion, code inspection slow down editor's functionality. I encounters big amount of ram usage in such cases and need to manually collaborate it by switching off some of its functionality. Another is that code of its premium features. For a freelancers it is very costly to purchase the license and in the end the left looking for the alternatives.

Computer-Software, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

IntelliJ IDEA for Java Programer

Kommentare: Overall intellij IDEA is the best programming software to professional programers.It is the favorite one of to me.It also very helpful tool to amateur programers to professional programmers.It feel me like my programming partner while I programming .It so smart and intelligent there for Its knows my next step and adapt to my coding style quickly.

Software developing is my part time income methode.Most of the time I use java as my main programming language because its very efficient and one of the commonly using programming language in the market.There for i need a high level programming software or a IDE for java programming .Few days ago Netbeans is my daily driver.But seen after the functionality and smartness of Intellij IDEA I moved on to it.Mainly I like to programming several languages in same IDE or in same software .It very helpful to me to manage my working space rather than using several softwares for programming in several languages.Intellij IDEA simply supply me this functionality in my trial period of Intellij IDEA.The most interesting thing that I love this software is its smartness .When I am coding on Intellij IDEA it simply notify the errors which I made and simply giving some suggestions to slove it and most of the time those suggestions are the things which I want to do.It feel me like a my programming partner or sidekick.Its know what I am going to do next and support me to achieve it.It is a difference and fun experience of programming rather than using Netbeans .Some time its auto generate the code and set the position to next I need to code.It is so helpful to me and lot of time saving .I definitely buy this software.

Still I did not able to found any thing which disappointe me.But I like to have it more trial period because I not experience whole area of functionality of it.I like the interface of the software but I would like to be it much more user friendly because it will very helpful to amateur programmers.Also it must interdiuse it shortcuts and functions while it programming first.I think it must inbuilt the link of supportive software and parties like Boostrap,Jquery.It is much helpful when offline coding.

Dmytro
Java Tech Lead in Ukraine

IntelliJ IDEA personal opinion

Kommentare: I am using IDEA from 2004 and I could say that it is best Java Development Environment ever invented. Their team improves software every time as new Java version is appearing, and every time somebody finds a new issue in IDE. They have very democratic policy of using IDEA ultimate version for free. If you're a student or educational person, or even a scientist - you can use full version of IDE for free. Also if you're buying it - during a year JetBrains team could give you a discount coupon, so next year will be much cheaper for you.

- Self explanatory menu - A lot of documentation in help section as well as helpful information on jetBrains forums and Jira - Easy to remember hot keys for managing files and classes creation and renaming - very smart code indexing so the IDE could do a very detailed precompiled analysys - IDEA is integrated with other language development tools like - any SQL client, JavaScript files code analysys, maven/gradle/ant scripting support - IDE is working on any known popular OS without any problems - Windows, Mac and all versions of linux are working nice

- Sometimes file index mechanism is not working correctly - in this case I should call "Validate and Restart" procedure for IDEA. It usually takes time even on fast computers. - Sometimes IDEA fails updating application dependency when common Maven script was updated, In this case I should manually check/uncheck option in settings menu to make IDEA refresh code and dependency changes automatically

Rishabh
Rishabh
MTS 3 in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

The best IDE for Java and more

- The UI looks pretty modern - It allows navigating through code, built-in libraries & third-party dependencies - It also allows the user to build & test their project very easily - It allows user to generate code coverage report with visual aid directly in the code - It allows the user to set breakpoints and use debugger to debug issues in code/unit tests - It also has a huge marketplace of plugins like, plugin for github, using which user can directly push and pull code through IDE

- The UI although being very useful, does have a bit of learning curve - While booting the application, for a medium to big size project, it does take quite some time to index all the code - A lot of features are locked behind a premium edition of the product, like managing code on a remote machine