Über Flex

Flex ist eine webbasierte, anpassbare Vermietungsmanagementsoftware: Inventarmanagement, Scannen, Angebotserstellung, Kontaktverwaltung und mehr.

Erfahre mehr über Flex

Lots of documentation to help use the software.

The backbone is difficult to navigate/manage for the standard administrator.

Bewertungen zu Flex

3,6
4,0
3,8
4,0

Flex hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,0 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 137 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Flex bereits verwendet?

Kate
Kate
Director of Operations/Marketing Director in USA
Eventservice

Flex is great for managing our inventory, and communicating with customers each step of the way.

Kommentare: It streamlines our business. It makes tracking, maintaining and managing our inventory easy. It also improves our corporate image and streamlines our customer communications. Lastly, it holds everyone working in the warehouse responsible for their work and accuracy of orders by tracking their scans.

Flex makes it easy for our account managers to build quotes and communicate that information with customers. Which then easily translates into documents for our warehouse team to prep and prepare orders. It is also wonderful to have the ability to document maintenance, damaged or broken items and losses for each event or rental. The customization capabilities also mean that we can really make the software our own and create documents or work flows that work best for our company. We aren't stuck with a cookie cutter solution that only fits some of our needs. Additionally, the support team is on top of it. They can help with a wide range of questions or issues and are very patient and detailed when explaining how to do something.

The customization can be daunting. There are SO many options that occasionally you can accidentally make changes you don't intend to. On this vein, the software is also ever changing. Which is AWESOME, but as a small business it can be difficult to keep up to date on the changes and new features. Overall we don't have any big complaints. Our dislikes are all features... There are just so many features that it is hard to master them all!

Antwort von Flex Rental Solutions

Kate, thanks for such a wonderful and thoughtful review of Flex. It makes us so happy hear about all the wonderful ways you're using Flex at Mastermind.

Very "functional", but not very practical.

The greatest strength of Flex is also it's greatest weakness - it is very customizable, and you can set up many aspects in specific ways tailored to your company's workflow. I do appreciate that the software can be set up to store all sorts of data points and pull reports on many of those. We currently do not use the full functionality of Flex because every aspect of business that relies on this software takes more time than necessary.

As of November 2017, the user interface is still Flash-based, meaning it is extremely slow to use. The more items added to a document (quote/contract), the slower it gets both on the account side and warehouse side. Technically, Flex is capable of doing a lot, but every aspect of business that operates in Flex (i.e. quoting, inventory management, purchase orders) takes longer than necessary, resulting in inefficiency overall.

Antwort von Flex Rental Solutions

Hi There! We apologize you're not 100% satisfied with our product. Here at Flex, we work really hard to create a product that brings value to every aspect of your business. That being said, since we're such a robust piece of software, it does take some customization and training. We would be more than happy to offer you some training so you can make better use of Flex. If you can please email us to training@flexrentalsolutions.com. Also, we're working hard to launch Flex5, more info here: flexrentalsolutions.com/flex5/ The tablet version is already in beta, let me know if you'd like try it out. Thanks for your review!

Walter
Senior Project Manager in USA

Works for some things but is clunky

Flex has so much potential yet the basic core functionally of the program is not being focused on.

The program is written in pieces and coded by outsourced programmers. So where one thing works well it doesn't translate into the rest of the program and is often overlooked. The ability to do a multi-session show that would incorporate and calculate total equipment needed for shows that changed equipment requirements for each day. This was promised to us over 5 years ago when we purchased the software. Broken promises that they were going to have it. I designed the workflow and even offered to pay Rep to build it and he denied it. Updates are pushed and screw up existing user settings to the point that we have to keep records of where user setting is supposed to be. Figuring out the settings and where everything is difficult. If you don't use the back end of the program daily it's very easy to get lost and screw something up. Stupid things like Move Above or Below vs Move After or Before. Consistencies don't exist. The system is slow. Clicking and dragging items onto a quote takes forever! Inventory takes forever! Lack of ability to "insert" items into the "Suggestions" tab for an item. Late missing list needs more options. Ability to make custom reports to print Ability to customize printing documents, like quotes, Event Folders Lack of ability for different warehouse pricing Flex focuses too much on getting new clients and updating the software instead of focusing on making the software run.

Robert
Robert
VP of Operations in USA

Solid Platform for Small to Medium size users

Kommentare: When we started with 1 location and 4 employees the system was awesome. With the addition of more facilities and staff we have found some issues. But overall the ability to enter a client, create a quote and process an order is great.

Ease of entering data. User Interface/GUI. Overall layout of platform. Automated functions for sending quotes/PO's.

Equipment scheduling when working between multiple locations/warehouses and when moving equipment from existing jobs to other facilities does not currently reflect stock properly. Mixing the sale of rental inventory into the mix causes additional issues. Lack of ability to generate reports on cross rentals seems a major failure on a rental software program. The scheduled inventory count application is flawed in not automatically accounting for existing equipment scanned out to jobs that overlap the count period. Also the report, if generated anytime after the actual count changes to the current state, not the state when counts happened.

Benjamin
Benjamin
Technical Operations Manager in USA

Flexible and Powerful

Kommentare: You will get out of Flex what you put into it. With Flex 5 (HMTL) in open beta now: the future looks bright for the platform. As my companies Technical Operations Director: I use Flex daily to track our inventory per project. It's been a powerful tool and a mainstay for us.

Flex is, as the name suggests, highly flexible: it adapts to your needs from an inventory management perspective. Tracking projects, inventory, and maintenance are a breeze.

The migration to HTML from Flash has taken significantly longer than originally projected. Using Flash has significantly slowed down reaction times through the program and often results in some irritating bugs.

Antwort von Flex Rental Solutions

Thanks, Benjamin, for leaving us a review. We're so glad you have found Flex customizable and able to adapt to your unique needs. We are so excited for Flex5 and where it's going and we're happy that you're along for the ride. We can't wait to show you more!

Jennifer
Jennifer
Senior Development Director in USA
Eventservice, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

It's 2018, what even is Flash anymore?

I like that it's web-based.

It's written in Flash, which is horrendously outdated, and works terribly with my computer/browsers... yes, browsers plural, because I have to use one browser for Flex while I use another browser for everything else. It's painfully slow. It crashes routinely, resulting in us asking support to "restart" the software for us (usually at least a few times a month, and more during our busy season). You can't search for events/quotes by a specific date (meaning, if someone said "remember that job we did at XYZ Venue on January 1st this year?" - to look it up, you have to click 'back' on the calendar repeatedly until the timeframe comes into view... you can't just search by one date). It's inaccessible on iPhones/iPads. Visually, it looks outdated, clunky, and like it was designed in the Windows 2000-era. Customization ability is very limited, so you have to get really creative to make the software work for you/in the way you want, which usually ends with "you can't do that" or compromises (ex: you want to run a report featuring X,Y,Z data. Probably can't actually do that)

Inventory Software Flex Rental Solutions, better than some others

Kommentare: I've never had to deal with customer service, so that means serious issues have never come up in my over two years working with this software. Flex is a very usable inventory solution, just could use some fine tuning with more input from end users.

-Easy to learn -Cloud based -Easy to edit quantities in Pull sheets -The ability to enter data in numerous data fields -The ability to change warehouse locations easily

-Flash based design occasionally freezes up -Search function could use fine tuning -Some functions of Flex not used -Doesn't allow scanning an item directly into next order with prompts -Hard to fix input mistakes without roundabout solutions

Keenan
Keenan
Event Manager in USA
Eventservice, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent desktop platform, lacking mobile support

Software's Ease of use, multi-user (seamless ness from Warehouse to Warehouse). Every function we would need to perform from a logistical standpoint we can.

Software lags from time to time. Also tends to crash and/or freeze via Mac OS X from time to time (particularly when tweaking invoices). Also wish you guys revamped the mobile app :) came out and then was abandoned - we rely on it for our smaller Warehouse locations.

Antwort von Flex Rental Solutions

Hey Keenan! Thanks for the awesome review and that you're finding our software easy to use for your business. Our dev team is working hard to address the lags and reliability side of things. Stay tuned!

Carl
Carl
Director of Sales in Kanada

28 years in AV using different rental software

Kommentare: Ease of use for quoting

Well thought out for both quoting and logistic. Work flow for an event is a great asset (child documents etc)

Sometimes it takes a long time to add items Server down time is sometimes bad, I don't know if this has to do with our size and number of users. Sometime it takes a long time to add an item

Antwort von Flex Rental Solutions

Carl, we so appreciate the time you took to submit a review. Thanks for your feedback and comments on ease of quoting functionality and load times, it's something that is top of mind for us. Thanks for being part of the Flex family.

Jamie
Jamie
Director of Technology in USA
Eventservice, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Solid organization just waiting for the new version

Kommentare: Flex has been a hassle to work with due to it's flash-based programming, but the growth towards HTML5 is exciting because the program is a super solid and incredibly powerful tool.

Great organizational tool with some really advance features. Gives a ton of control and abilities to pull reports and generate custom info. Easily deployable to a team and quick initial learning curve of the basics.

Current version is flash based, making it slow and horrific to work with. The new HTML5 version is expected soon and seems to fix these issues.

Operations Manager in USA

Overall the system does what it is expected to do

Kommentare: This software has helped us become more efficient in our day to day operations. We have also significantly increased our ability to track our equipment.

The best part of the software is the overall show management functionality to it. I like that the software is geared to Rental Stagers and has the ability to integrate gear, labor, and logistics.

The software runs very slow with required refreshes for everything you do which takes a lot of time over the course of a day. I also do not like how the availability of gear messes up periodically and gear will go crazy. I would also like automatic notifications that allowed for reminders to be sent at milestones or as things happen. For instance, I would like to notification to go to our sales team if a quote is not confirmed 7 days away or a notification go out to our warehouse team for schedule pickups and returns upcoming.

Antwort von Flex Rental Solutions

John, thank you so much for your thorough review and for your recommendation. We definitely love that we can help you integrate the different parts of your business.

Lori
Office Coordinator in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy, only the real essentials.

Kommentare: Customer service has been amazing. All in all, I would recommend this 100 times over.

It is incredibly intuitive. The seem to really understand the workflow in a dental practice. I also love that every time that I even think of some feature that I could request, a free update magically appears for that feature. I do believe that they really pay attention to their customers suggestions and needs.

I would like to eventually see the flex communicator (different from the regular flex app) work a little more integrated with Open Dental

michael
Carpentry Shop Supervisor in USA
Unterhaltung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

As the core of our gear management, Flex lets me stay on top of things.

Kommentare: This software has simply made my job easier by allowing me to access detailed information at any given time. I also like the fact that I can access Flex online.

Once I figured out all of the powerful tools Flex offers, it makes gear management a breeze. I personally use it to look over booked shows that will go out for delivery. I like that I can easily print out a copy of any show with just a few clicks of the mouse. The lists are usually very detailed so I can be certain that I don't miss anything. Although I do not do it often, booking and entering gear into Flex is fairly straight forward and not too difficult as long as I pay attention to what I am doing. I like the fact that I can print out different types of lists as well, whether it is a gear list, or carnet, all of this makes my life easier.

The most difficult thing with Flex was the learning curve, it took some time to learn how to navigate all of the tools the software has built in.

Antwort von Flex Rental Solutions

Hi Michael, thanks for submitting such a great review and we're so happy that our software allows you to make your job and your responsibilities much easier!

Andrew
President in USA

Overall the product has allowed our company to get better organized.

Ability to track most changes that happen. Pretty straightforward workflow. Integrates well with quick books.

Can be sluggish and not intuitive for new users. Lacking simple features such as statements for clients, send emails with specific reports, send to client feature is not everywhere and it's abilities are limited. Doesn't play well in all browsers. We are Apple based and now have to use Firefox to get it to function fully. Doesn't allow for larger file uploads that are integral to events such as floor plans, VWX / DWG files, event photos etc, the file upload is smaller than a floppy disk could hold... Looking forward to flex 5 where it sounds like some of these issues may be addressed.

Lonny
Facilities and Rigging manager in USA
Unterhaltung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Flex has been very reliable for us. The abilities seem endless.

Kommentare: After using this for more than 2 years, It has become a daily necessity and aids in the flow of our business.

Functionality and reliability. Flex takes our company from quote stage all of the way back to return stages including accurate "Presumed Missing" reports. With any big business, items can get overlooked.

It sometimes is VERY slow to load between actions. I would like this to be available more in network in times that internet goes down. I have become very reliant on the functionality.

Antwort von Flex Rental Solutions

Lonny, thank you for providing feedback on how you use Flex for your business and responsibilities. We appreciate the feedback as it helps inform the future of the software.

Creative Director in USA
Unterhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Powerful application, difficult interface

Kommentare: Inventory control and a system that is designed for this industry.

I like the flexibility. It's so flexible that it's actually too complex to use sometimes. I have a degree in user interface design so I get overly annoyed with using it, but I think most people work around the quirks. My employees manage their way around by finding their own way of doing things.

The interface, the fact that I spent $20 on an iPad app that is essentially useless. It's heavy. Literally cannot wait until Flex 5 is made public. Knowing Flex 5 is coming is the only reason I stayed with it.

Anna
Office Manager in USA

Typically very good. It does nearly everything we need it to do.

I like that FLEX is highly customizable to fit the needs of individual companies. Not everyone operates the same and FLEX has somehow found a way to make something work for many different companies.

If the software is not set up EXACTLY, the high customization can be a real pain. This is especially true if you are trying to do something different with the software than your company had been doing previously. Years later I am still trying to correct things that were put in incorrectly when we first switched to FLEX. This is a never-ending battle.

Dave
Account Executive in USA
Eventservice, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Overall it has most of the features needed for what we do.

Kommentare: Organization

Keeping track of inventory, pull sheets and availability of inventory is great. Dragging and dropping items into quotes with auto or insert comes in very handy as well. I am able to organize the crew in a particular order that makes sense to the crew. The auto drag and drop places the correct items into the correct places on a quote be it Audio, Video etc..

Sometimes it is very slow. This might be due to network speeds but it can really be troublesome and slow down progress.

Edvin
Ljustekniker (Lighting tech) in Schweden

I do enjoy using the system, the fact that I can work from home

The flexibility! I can just like with the MA2 change it to my liking and the fact that my colleagues can to without affecting me is a Very big plus in my book!

Some features are harder to use and not so obvious. For me as a Swede having English as my second languish some features take time to understand what they do. It is great then that there are the youtube videos to watch and learn.

Antwort von Flex Rental Solutions

Edvin, thank you for the positive review and that you're finding our youtube videos and tutorials useful.

Daniel
Technical Director in USA
Eventservice, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

For the price Flex is great. We had nothing before so it feels like a big improvement

Kommentare: Inventory tracking, and availability. Integrated pullsheets and quoting.

I like being able to access it from any computer to work/make adjustments. The integration with billing and subrentals is a nice feature as well. The fact there is a barcode printing baked into the software is great

The Flash format is very limits. The drag and drop functionality get frustrating, and the whole platform gets glitchy from time to time. It seems like if there are multiple user in a the same document things jump around and get confusing. It REALLY needs an "undo" button

Antwort von Flex Rental Solutions

Daniel, thanks for the specific and detailed review. I will pass on your suggestions to the team. As far as Flash goes, have you seen our Flex5 updates? We're in the beta stage of our tablet release and have already been hearing some exciting feedback from our beta testers.

Geoffrey
Coordinator in USA

Has everything we need but feels buggy

Kommentare: Organization of quotes, invoices and inventory.

It's easy to keep track of everything we're looking for. From quotes and invoices to inventory and everything in between, it keeps us organized.

The software feels slow and buggy and is difficult to compare information quickly. Sometimes I'll scroll down a quote, open up some sections, and many times it'll either freeze for a moment or crash and start over. It was also difficult to use Flex to book crew as what was needed was not easy to see at a glance. It always served as a duplicate for us until we decided to stop using Flex for this purpose.

Diana
Head of production in USA

I love flex it's a great workhorse for production.

It's great that we can house all of our data in one place and our whole company can be in one software potentially in the future. Love it's equipment management features.

Some of the data entry is somewhat tedious and there are no plug ins between this system and our other software and the quoting part of flex is too bulky for our company as is. Hoping for great things with flex5!!!

Glen
Manager in USA

Over all a very positive experience as I 80% taught myself how to use the software.

Helps keep everything organized and tracked. It was fairly easy to learn the software and Flex's support staff is very helpful.

The soon to be phased out Flash software. With Flash so items don't stick to the quote that you are working on or when the software reloads.

Antwort von Flex Rental Solutions

Hi Glen! I'm so glad you're having a positive experience with Flex and that Flex helps you manage your job easier. Our dev team is making leaps and strides. Stay tuned.

devon
VP in USA

We love it

massive amounts of information and tracking. Very clean look to the sales quotes. Really easy for the team to track

flash based system is not suitable in this day and age. Sometime it is too numbers heavy and not customizable enough

Antwort von Flex Rental Solutions

Devon, thanks for the concise review. Flex loves you too. We love equipping you with the data, information, and tools you need to manage and grow your business.

We love Flex! It has streamlined our productivity and helped tremendously with billing and shipping.

Kommentare: efficiency, billing accuracy.

Barcode tracking and printing Video Support Library on youtube as a resource Purchase Order automation Flex5 speeds things up

Cannot accept payments cannot digitally sign or confirm orders flash is slow, but flex5 is on the way! wish we could integrate with mobile computer scanners easy for shop techs to mis-scan items