Filtern nach:

Über Datadog

Datadog ist ein Service, der die Betriebszeit erhöht und die Leistung von Services durch zentrale Überwachung und Warnmeldungen maximiert.

Erfahre mehr über Datadog

Mauricio S.
Mauricio S.
Full Stack Engineer in Argentinien
Einzelhandel, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
Used the Software for: Mehr als 1 Jahr

Great platform for logs analysis and cloud monitoring

Comments: Choosing to use Datadog made my work so much easier to accomplish. The logs analysis is one of the best thing that I can have in order to monitor my projects performance and health. This tool performs well and it is really useful. Real time logging works well. Definitely a must have.

Pros:

I think that the best features that Datadog has is that you can track and follow logs in real time, something really important to have if your project is live. I like the idea of creating custom views of sets of logs (with custom filters, data parsing and a lot more) and that you can share them with your team.

Cons:

It is a bit complicated to set for the first time. Is not quite easy to use or know at first about all the available features that Datadog has. Interface is tricky and can be a blocker sometimes. Following that, if your fields are not mapped in the right way, filters are not that useful.

Ankush K.
Engineer in USA
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Datadog Review

Comments: Overall it's great monitoring/visualizing tool for any organization and I'd recommend, it would have been great if it had great learning resources to explore it more.

Pros:

- The filter functionality is great which lets you filter out errors for quick analysis, can easily create custom dashboards. - Great Visualizations, easy to set up dashboards/monitors with options do maths like ratios, rates, average, interval. - It can be easily integrated with other apps like Slack to set alerts for failed jobs. -

Cons:

- A slow learning curve, lack of resources on how to get useful functionality from UI or APIs. - UI sometimes be bit slower although not bad if you've integrated with multiple external apps.

Yaniv V.
Yaniv V.
Director, QA & Processes in Israel
Used the Software for: Mehr als 1 Jahr

Good service for logs management and analysis

4 vor 4 Wochen New

Comments: We used it for querying and analyzing logs in case of problems in our platform (bugs, stability, performance, etc.)

Pros:

The searching and filtering capabilities where quite convenient

Cons:

The stability issues in the last year got more often than usual, which is quite problematic when you need access to you logs in real-time

Craig V.
Owner in Australien
Used the Software for: Kostenlose Testversion

Couldn't install

Comments: If you can get it running I am sure it's good.

Pros:

Looks like it should do the job, less log limits than other products.

Cons:

Spent days trying to get it working on a pretty vanilla Windows VM but never could get it up and running. Support pretty much just told me to read the documentation which wasn't really helpful after going over it ten times already. Had similar problem with another product and they could tell me the exact lines of the config and registry that needed changing.

Alternatives Considered: Raygun und Site24x7

Reasons for Choosing Datadog: Price

Switched From: Stackify APM+

Software developer in Spanien
Personalwesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
Used the Software for: Mehr als 1 Jahr

Monitoring for senior developers / platform people

Comments: We use it as a primary monitoring system. I'm a senior developer in charge of my team and I use it a lot. Dashboards are used daily in order to monitor what's happening, usually when deploying new features or changing some endpoints. We can trace the improvements we do by measuring response time, amount of errors, etc. I, as team lead, also use notebooks a lot to elaborate the QBR (quality business review) each quarter. I can create custom reports easily using the custom metrics we have configured across all the microservices. In comparison with New Relic, from my personal experience, Datadog is much better.

Pros:

Dashboards. Custom metrics. Ruby integration. Notebooks. Monitors & alerts.

Cons:

It takes time to understand each part and understand how to use it. It's a complex thing and if you're not familiar with monitoring systems it could be difficult to figure it out how you can find what you need.

Software Engineer in USA
Immobilien, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
Used the Software for: 1-5 Monate

Analytics tool which helps customers and users always get the product you want them to get

Comments: Overall, having Datadog monitor our apps' performance and customers/users' pain points is invaluable. It's an amazing tool which lets us identify bottlenecks and better serve our users. Although the initial learning curve of utilizing Datadog's plethora of data analytics tools is steep, it's well worth the effort and price as there is much value to the metrics Datadog provides.

Pros:

Datadog is probably one of the most notable analytics tool out there for large companies. It's easy to track users' flow in terms of what routes they're hitting, when they hit a snag and 404, or other metrics like how performant certain requests are which allows us to identify bottlenecks and get rid of them immediately.

Cons:

There is a steep learning curve I will say with this software and needs an expert to help lead tutorials or sessions to get the ball rolling with new tool users. Although there are many built in functionalities and easily customizable features, it can be overwhelming and hard to pinpoint exactly what type of analytics you're looking for. It's one of those softwares where you have to play around with it to get the stars to align and find a model or metric that works best for your customers and use cases.

Alternatives Considered: Google Analytics

Reasons for Switching to Datadog: Datadog seemed to be more data intensive and specifically geared towards products like ours which really relied on app throughput, performance, and availability. Getting our product straight to the user, in a quick and efficient manner, is our priority and Datadog helps clear any blockers or issues that gets in the way of that.

Software Developer in UK
Used the Software for: 1-5 Monate

Great for working with AWS

Comments: We have been using DataDog to monitor our lambda logs for errors as well as keep track of load and uptime on various RDS and EC2/Fargate instances. The multiple account setup can be a bit flakey at times but overall the product works well and has a consistent interface

Pros:

The log imports from AWS work really well and are much faster at searching than using AWS Cloudwatch. I find it easy day to day to search for items in logs, especially after implementing a few log transformers

Cons:

initial setup gets a bit confusing sometimes, and it was easier to change the logging format of our code than to implement lots of parsers to make the log interpretation better

Alternatives Considered: Loggly

Reasons for Choosing Datadog: searching logs was too slow and difficult to get the results we desired quickly (especially to track down recent customer problems)

Reasons for Switching to Datadog: better / easier integration with our current development stack

Satbyul K.
Staff in UK
Used the Software for: Mehr als 2 Jahre

Clear graphs and easy to set up

Comments: Used the open URL to add dashboard to a large monitor on our workspace to easily spot spikes.

Pros:

Really simple set up to monitor our full stack environment. Dashboard is very clear and suitable for both technical and non-technical stakeholders.

Cons:

Nothing really. Migrating to any product can be challenging but setup was pretty simple and no key functionality absent.

Rayla V.
Rayla V.
Graduate Research Assistant in USA
Hochschulbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
Used the Software for: Kostenlose Testversion

I was hoping this would be a Splunk alternative

Pros:

Datadog is useful for visualizing and monitoring your cloud applications. If you have agents on you devices, it can analyze a ton of information coming in and show it to you, but that's where it ends, at least, as far as I could figure out in my free trial.

Cons:

I was very hopeful of this software, but I didn't want to throw agents from a product I've never used before on my servers and instances, so I tried to upload a data pull ( about 500,000 log entries) to Datadog, to see what it could do, but there's no way to upload a csv/txt file to the software. It has to be via agents on your services. I know that metadata would be missing from a csv, but it seems like a major oversight to not be able to accept a csv of logs for a new user to experiment at low risk.

Alternatives Considered: Splunk Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to Datadog: My company decided to stay with Splunk and not switch to Datadog. It has a lot more capabilities.

SR QA Engineer in Israel
Unterhaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
Used the Software for: Mehr als 2 Jahre

Great first step for data tracking and incedent monitoring.

5 vor 2 Wochen New

Pros:

I use this tool on a daily basis for handling errors both in our live environment and for testing. It allows me to see where an error may be coming from and follow it through to its source. I could not do my job effectively without datadog

Cons:

The filtering of data is not as comprehensive as I would like. I sometimes need to search through the results to find what I need. Displaying a record in the chronological order is not always perfect and I sometimes don't get the context I want.

Henry G.
SRE in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

New Aged way of Monitoring

Comments: Overall experience has been great overall as our account managers will always do their best to try to meet our requirements and needs. They have done a good job at planning out all meetings with senior engineers when required.

Pros:

I truly enjoy the integrations that datadog provides. It allows us to view more metrics that are more of a deep dive into specific applications. These metrics help us understand what is widely monitored in the industry that we did not think about monitoring ourself. Another key item is that datadog comes out of the box systematic checks that we normally had to add in manually for a newly onboarded host.

Cons:

The item I dislike least is that when you decommission a host the application requires up to 24 hours for that host to officially disappear from the list rather than being removed immediately.

Caroline S.
Software Engineer in USA
Computer-Software, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Powerful tool for monitoring business applications

Comments: Datadog has been really efficient and useful since through its implementation you can monitor all business applications and thus be aware of its operation whether the same is appropriate or not and if not, you can take the appropriate measures so that the same is again the appropriate performance, that is why having this tool is a great advantage at the business level.

Pros:

Datadog is a tool that I like for several reasons, because implementing it does not require technical knowledge, has a series of metrics that allow you to read whether the performance of applications or servers is appropriate or not, so if you find a failure or something out of the ordinary in these applications the user immediately receives alerts that notify him of this problem so that it can be resolved in the shortest possible time, these alerts being received at any time since Datadog works continuously 24/7 and the best thing is that it is a software that is very easy to use and implement, in addition to being extremely flexible because it allows you to choose the monitoring parameters that you want to apply.

Cons:

Datadog is not a perfect tool because it has some drawbacks and is that the more applications are integrated with this software the performance or speed of information delivery tends to slow down which should not be since the integrations are to improve even more the performance of said tool.

Staff Test Infrastructure Engineer in Spanien
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Great service for monitoring

Pros:

Datadog provides a way of having a lot of information about your systems, clusters and infrastructure in only one site, being able to analyze valuable data for your company. It is possible to create alarms and notifications when overpassing some threshold or value, for example, when a service is down in your systems of when the CPU gets a high percentage of usage. It integrates pretty well with tons of services and systems, such as Amazon Web Services, Apache, Nginx, several databases, and a long etcetera. Also, it is possible to send notifications to apps like Slack or Hipchat.

Cons:

Datadog is not very easy to use at the beginning and it needs a little bit of investigation but it is worth to learn it.

Jahiezer I.
Desarrollador in Venezuela
Quelle: GetApp

one of the best software for monitoring in the market

Pros:

This software allows to monitoring all you need and also can find lots of solutions for a high gama of cases. by using this app i be able to see the problems that me and my team have, so we can solve it by utilizing all the data that datadog provides. Works in differents OS and that make things more easy

Cons:

The proces to instal and put in march this softwre can be a nightmare if you have not experience, it is really complicated. Though the software have nice tools, the price is not the best in the market, is posible to find something good for lowes price if you know what are you loking for. And finally haved some problem with some data transfer working with this app but i really dont konw what was the razon why

Neyda jose M.
Software Developer in USA
Quelle: GetApp

Powerful tool for the analysis and monitoring of applications

Comments: Datadog is a very useful tool because it is known if the applications, servers or hots are working as they should or if not, we will be aware to prevent further damage solving the problem in the shortest time possible.

Pros:

This tool called Datadog I love mainly because it is really efficient and very useful because it allows through it you can carry out a monitoring of the performance of applications in a very simple way, being this through the reading of metrics that are really simple to understand and issue very detailed information that is useful to diagnose the cause and thus be able to solve the problem in the shortest time possible, also is available 24/7 so in case of any fault send immediately a mail informing the same and the best thing is that it has a clean interface, intuitive and easy to use without having technical knowledge to manage it.

Cons:

One of its drawbacks is that when it is integrated with a large number of tools it can become heavy, which causes the information to be slowed down.

Diego M.
Diego M.
VP Engineering in USA
Vermögensverwaltung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great server monitoring

Comments: They monitor everything we run at our company and we recently moved logging to them too. Very happy with support, had to ask them several questions over the years and they always know what I'm looking for.

Pros:

The metrics navigator, you start by picking a metric or server, and it then tells you all the information it is collecting from it, so you can start designing your monitoring dashboards and see the data that will appear as you go

Cons:

There are times where a chart would omit certain spikes, due to the way they aggregate values. But a quick email to support and they'll give you the settings you need to adjust not to miss such events, even when you look at a chart for the month

Damian N.
Damian N.
Chief Executive Officer in USA
Used the Software for: Mehr als 2 Jahre

DataDog is one of our must-haves

Pros:

It's got everything that's needed for infrastructure and application monitoring and alerting. It also fits extremely well into our Infrastructure-as-Code paradigm where everything we set up is kept in a git repository as a Terraform project. DataDog is what we recommend and implement for our clients, and provides more useful features than Sensu.

Cons:

Metrics and monitors don't render correctly on mobile phones. It's totally unusable in portrait mode, and barely usable in landscape mode.

Alternatives Considered: Sensu

BI Developer in USA
Used the Software for: Mehr als 1 Jahr

Monitor full stack app performance with Datadog

Pros:

For our AWS deployment, we use Datadog for application performance and server monitoring as well as synthetic HTTP tests . DataDog enables real-time information and measuring engineering-specific metrics and allows you to control how you trace and diagnose data. If you are looking to track the time it takes for a web hook to fire after an asynchronous request has been made, you can store the time the request has been sent in your database and when the webhook fires for that request, measure the delta and send it to DataDog. DataDog integrates with Slack, which allows for alerts on average and max thresholds.

Cons:

Datadog has a mature product but features are limited, the tool feels dated and the UI is very plain.

Kevin V.
Software Architect in USA
Internet, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great metrics and monitoring

Comments: Overall Datadog has given us great insight into what is going on with our server infrastructure, it has opened our eyes to some issues we weren't aware of. On top of that it's helped send alerts when things are going wrong.

Pros:

Datadog has integrations with pretty much every main software service you can think of. It has pretty robust support for Windows machines and the custom metrics support is great, so you can track anything you'd like.

Cons:

The usability could be improved in some areas, the custom dashboard features are powerful but the syntax can be hard to work with.

Chief Technology Officer in Kanada

Datadog Sniffs Out Problems Fast

Comments: Datadog is an amazing cloud monitoring solution that provides great insight and alerting for our platform.

Pros:

Datadog provides a great, easy-to-use and extensible interface for displaying data out of your own systems, providing you the insight to sniff out issues as they arise.

Cons:

No matter how many integrations Datadog builds in, there will always be gaps, and some of those gaps hit our needs. As such, we need to use several monitoring solutions to cover our whole platform.

Ciprian P.
Senior PHP Developer in Irland
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great web monitoring tool

Pros:

Great web monitoring tool if you have the time to dig into all the options and settings. The user interface is really professional and good looking and the charts and graphs are well thought out.

Cons:

It requires a bit of server tinkering, which I wasn't familiar with. Not really a minus.

Alternatives Considered: New Relic One

Tech Lead, Strategic Alliances and Business Development in USA
Used the Software for: 6-12 Monate

Many integration options and plethora of dashboards and visualizations

Comments: Dependable and reliable solution.

Pros:

Configuring monitoring tools is not always trivial, half of the battle is making sure metrics are flowing. Datadog is very flexible when it comes to sending metrics to their cloud. You can use collectD, statsd, file beats, or the 84523982 other options. Our orchestration software already had an option to enable Datadog collection. Once the data is in place, you need to figure out what metrics are relevant. Datadog has a number of pre-built dashboards tweaked for popular software systems. If you are using something homegrown, they can provide recommendations and optimizations after enough data has been ingested. API and documentation are top notch and we were able to build integrations quite easily.

Cons:

Datadog is purely cloud-based system so there's no on-prem option, only SaaS. Depending on your company, this may be a deal-breaker since all of your metrics data is hosted in the cloud. Since it's a SaaS based service, it won't be easy to move data to another service. Occasionally web UI will bog down but it's fairly performant for the most part.

Kevin V.
Software Architect in USA
Buchhaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
Used the Software for: Mehr als 1 Jahr

Great view of our server environment

Comments: Datadog has great support for a variety of different third party systems - Windows machines, linux machines, AWS instances, pretty much anything you can imagine. You can easily slice and dice stats on a good looking dashboard. Provides a good one stop view of your environment.

Pros:

Datadog's Windows support is great, the Windows agent supports detailed IIS and MSSQL statistics. Their RabbitMQ support is good as well - providing good insight into queues. Customizable dashboards are very handy as well.

Cons:

The User interface generally is good but in some instances can be a bit too technical to use.

Solution Architect in UK
Computer-Software, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Next-Gen Cloud Monitoring solution

Comments: Excellent cloud monitoring solution which gives good visibility across multiple cloud applications.

Pros:

Feature-rich cloud monitoring solution which works across multiple cloud providers (AWS, Azure, etc)

Cons:

It takes a bit of time to get familiar with the admin portal user interface.

Ravikiran R.
Architect in Indien
Used the Software for: Mehr als 2 Jahre

Best monitoring cloud service available in the market

Comments: Easy to monitor and easy to share with notebook feature
Watch the statistics from virtually anywhere

Pros:

Easy to monitor and get analytics We can monitor inside any stack, any app, at any scale, anywhere Supports multiple dashboards Notebooks help you to share the data

Cons:

More options some time confuses Help documentation needs improvement Some times dashboards are very complex to understand