They've been my #1 choice as a teacher for several years. Fast help response. Will use again!

Bewertet am 27.10.2017
Eric M.
Teacher

Vorteile: I love the service and how it shows status in real time, and parents like the flexibility to rearrange appointments at will. The reminders are a very good thing, and I had zero unannounced no-shows at any appointment. The notification options for participants, being able to send a link in email AND post a button to my website was brilliant. I think I caught every parent I needed to see, and others clearly knew they had the option to meet with me if they wished.

Nachteile: I use the free service and am unlikely to purchase an upgrade at this time. (I only benefit your company in terms of eyeballs and awareness as my students families sign in, and as I recommend your site to other teaching colleagues.) In order for me to continue to be a devotee of SignUp.com, I need an easier and more obvious way to find the list of parents who signed up with the field that shows who their child is in my class. With today's blended families, parent last names are not an indicator of who their child is. As a middle school teacher with 100+ student on my rosters, I need a fast way to see who the adult is that has made the appointment, as well as who is the child they are coming to consult about. I bounced around your multiple list views and reports before contacting Help. Their response was very swift, (yay!), but the answer was not self-evident to me as a user: I needed to pull up a Check-In report, and there I would at last find the students names shows, as long as I checked the show extra fields box when requesting the report.
All told, I figured out the answer over the course of a couple of afternoons, but I admit I was getting frustrated. When I told this to SignUp customer service, the were back to me within minutes and expressed they would look into how to make it more intuitive in the future.
One can't beat their responsiveness!

Outstanding Site to help with volunteer coordination!

Bewertet am 11.6.2019
Cherry K.
IB & AP Parent Volunteer Coordinator
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been using Signup.com (formerly VoluneerSpot.com) for 9 years now in my volunteer role as the International Baccalaureate (IB) & Advanced Placement (AP) Exam Proctor Coordinator for our high school. It has been an excellent tool for me and I am most grateful to your team. Signup.com has allowed me to successfully help my kids’ school find parent proctors to help administer the IB and AP tests for the past 9 years. On an average, I needed to fill about 160 proctor spots every exam season which is over a 5-week period in the months of April and May. Signup.com allows me to connect with the parents effectively and efficiently months before the exam period starts. It also helps me manage with ease once the parents start signing up. I especially like the option of being able to lock dates to avoid parents arbitrarily canceling their spots the day before their assignment.

Vorteile: Ease of use; flexibility in setting up spots; option to lock signups; reports created especially the export feature; being able to monitor who has read the emails sent via the site; being able to send messages and invitations so easily - choose recipients

Nachteile: The limitation on the number of emails that you can upload all at once.

von SignUp.com an 13.6.2019

Thanks for your Good work supporting the IB and AP students, Cherry! We appreciate your generous feedback and loyalty to our service. For future reference, you may upload an email list of any size to a Contact List and then invite people to your SignUp directly from the Contact List.

Thanks for your review!

One of the best tools ever for volunteer coordinators!

Bewertet am 26.8.2017
Mira R.
Chief Volunteer Officer
Eventservice, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: As a volunteer coordinator working with hundreds of volunteers 15 to 20 times a year, I treat it as a multi-use tool - a worksheet, a roster, a plan and a summary or report post-event. It makes managing volunteers on paper so easy. At a glance, I can see how many more I need and for what task, day or event.

Vorteile: 1) intuitive
2) it doesn't ask for a lot of unnecessary info from volunteers
3) it's quick and easy to sign up large groups
4) you can attach a volunteer waiver with the paid subscriptions
5) you have the ability to print out a roster, a check-in form or a summary

Nachteile: A minor fix - I would just like to see the ability to use a single email address to sign up multiple groups. For example, a coach who signed up her track team to volunteer, can also use the same email address to sign up her youth church group for the same event. Right now, the same coach needs to use two different email addresses to be able to do that.

I love SignUp.com because it helps our agency organize events and volunteers.

Bewertet am 6.12.2016
Paula K.
CEO & Founder
Eventservice, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It give us a way to get reports for our events and help us give clear information to our volunteers. I understand the reason for changing the name. However, I like it when it was VolunteerSpot it helped my new volunteers find us easier.

Vorteile: How easy it is.

Nachteile: It is really nothing. I just did not like the name change from VolunteerSpot to SignUp. When it was VolunteerSpot it was easier for new volunteers to find us.

Really simple to use, both as a manager and from the volunteer side.

Bewertet am 28.4.2017
Eric N.
Volunteer/Events Manager
Rundfunkmedien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The ease of use. We have a wide range of volunteers with a wide range of computer skills. Everyone is able to sign up, and I have had nothing but positive feedback from our volunteers about SignUp.com. The automatic reminders are great, being able to fun reports with hours is really great for tracking volunteer hours. When I run into other volunteer managers looking for a new system, I always bring up SignUp.

Nachteile: I do wish it had volunteer profile pages. I know not having them is what makes it so easy to sign up, but as a manager I do wish I could gather some more info from our volunteers. Also if it could feed into our database, that would be nice. To be able to cross reference volunteers and donors would be great.

SignUp.com Saves My Sanity

Bewertet am 3.9.2019
Judith W.
Volunteer & Board Member
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I love SignUp.com! I coordinate volunteers of our local animal welfare agency and low-cost spay/neuter clinic to work our tent at the county fair. With 128 volunteer hours to fill, I know from experience that trying to fill all the slots is a nightmare without you guys. Thank you! You help me keep my sanity during the 9 days of our fair.

Vorteile: It was easy to upload volunteers from my contact list.
Reminders are sent out automatically so I don't have to do it.
I can see who is reading the emails I send.
The messages sent using SignUp.com look much better than just sending a plain email.
I am able to use sign-ups from previous years' events so I don't have to reinvent the wheel. Just update with the current calendar.

Nachteile: If I haven't used SignUp.com in a while, it takes me a few minutes to remember how to maneuver the program but once I get back into the rhythm of it, I'm good to go.

von SignUp.com an 7.9.2019

Thanks for your generous feedback, Judith and for your GOOD work with our furry friends!

Show Up Improvement

Bewertet am 17.8.2018
Andrew B.
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It has helped our Latinos in Action Program here at Kearns High tremendously!
We do a lot of service projects, service activities, social and cultural activities as part of our class. Before, we would print out a sign Up sheet and pass it around the class. Students would only be able to sign up when they came to class and would forget they did. They would also have things come up and not tell me, which is infuriating.
Our show up rate was very low and not very good. We'd get 20 people to sign up and only 5-6 show up.
This past year, we switched to using Sign Up .com, and our show up rate has increased dramatically. Students can sign up when they see a new activity posted, get reminders and communicate if they can't make it anymore on their terms, which makes things so much easier for me as a teacher.
I have encouraged all Latinos in Action Programs to use it! I highly recommend it!

Vorteile: It is easy to use and very user friendly. The links make it easy to use and for students to access.

Nachteile: Sometimes I would get cancellations but students did not cancel.

Great for small organizations that want to give volunteers autonomy over scheduling

Bewertet am 28.7.2019
Ashley R.
Educator
Bibliotheken, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've had a very positive experience with signup.com and I would recommend it to other people. The free version is definitely worth using and provides and affordable scheduling tool for a small organization.

Vorteile: This software allows users to set up schedules for people for any kind of projects that they want. My organization has used it organize young volunteers to assist us in events. They volunteers are given a link to the sign up site, which makes sure the only ones given the ability to sign up are volunteers we've chosen or that other volunteers have deemed qualified. The amount of control I have but the allowance for volunteer autonomy is very useful. It was saved me a huge amount of time scheduling.

Nachteile: I found it difficult to enter the scheduling I wanted too when the same event was occurring at different times. I think the user interface calendar needs to be more user friendly and less clunky.

von SignUp.com an 1.8.2019

Hi Ashley -

Thanks for using SignUp and for taking the time to share your experience. We'd love to learn more about the activities you were scheduling and perhaps we can share some best practices to speed/simplify your planning and setup. Please contact Diana Schlott, our Customer Champion, the next time you're getting ready to plan a SignUp and she can assist. Diana can be reached at Support@SignUp.com. Thanks for your Good work in your community!

Bewertet am 28.8.2019
Patricia S.
Math Teacher/Coordinator

Kommentare: Excellent!

Vorteile: Sign Up is relatively easy to use, but mostly it is such a time saver when trying to schedule an event with many people. At my school we have used it for parents to sign up for Parent/Teacher conferences. It saves all the back and forth of letting parents know when you are available, and letting them choose from what you have posted. I used it this past summer to schedule tutoring sessions. Instead of rattling of what days and times I was available (which would change every time someone signed up) they could just go in and check. Then Sign Up sends out emails both to the parents and myself a few days prior as a reminder. I have recommended a Sign Up to many other teachers, but nearly anyone could make use of it for a variety of tasks.

Nachteile: Only at the beginning, I was a little lost in finding my way around the site, but the help was quick, personal and very helpful in putting me on track.

von SignUp.com an 7.9.2019

Thanks, Patricia - we appreciate you sharing your experiences using SignUp and your positive review! Thanks for all you do for ALL the kids and have a wonderful school year!

signup.com review

Bewertet am 24.9.2019
Elise B.
cafe volunteer co-ordinator
Sport, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: its great - it allows us to publish a roster in advance, and vary how many volunteers we would like each day. Then once we email the link to members, they can easily see which spots are available and commit to one.

Vorteile: the software's brilliant - I love it - thanks. I used it to manage a roster of cafe volunteers at my local ski club, Mt Cheeseman, New Zealand. Setting up the roster is straight-forward, and its really, really easy for club members to click on the link and choose a day to volunteer. The system then automatically sends them a reminder, and tells the administrator if anyone has cancelled. I liked that the administrator is the only one who sees people's email addresses, and that people signing-up to volunteer don't have to register or provide passwords to log-in or anything cumbersome like that - just name, email and phone number.

Nachteile: Editing the roster took a little bit more time to figure out than setting it up in the first place, but it was still easy

We use it for our volunteer sign up for events!

Bewertet am 28.9.2017
Amanda C.
Volunteer Coordinator
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's quick, easy, detailed, and easy to share, access and edit. I am so thrilled to be able to use this software, it helps is tremendously when recruiting and setting up volunteers for our events.

Vorteile: We tend to have the same events every year so being able to copy then tweak the details the following week is amazing! The details, including dates, shift time, and descriptions do a great job of setting out volunteers up with all the info they will need pre-event. I like the export feature so I can go in a get all the details and set it up how I like in Excel.

Nachteile: We tried the updated version and we were unable to make the check in work for us for large groups - there was no easy way to edit if people brought more or less than the amount they said. I brought this to the attention of their Support Team and they were SO understanding and tried to give suggestions and be accommodating. They showed appreciation for the constructive criticism and stated they would work to improve this feature in the future.

Great for HS Reunion Organizing!

Bewertet am 1.12.2018
Boyd R.
Managing Counsel
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've also used SignUp.com to organize a professional luncheon, and our turnout was higher than ever -- we believe because of the ease of RSVP-ing and paying in just a matter of minutes. Will definitely recommend SignUp.com and use it again in the future, enthusiastically!

Vorteile: Setting up the RSVP and payment functions (through WePay) was straightforward and intuitive. While not specifically designed for this specific function (a high school class reunion), it worked spectacularly and not only helped people RSVP, but also commit with their payments and get automatic periodic reminders. It took the pain out of having to collect money in cash or checks, and eliminated the need to post "someone at the door" to collect, so that all of us could just enjoy the reunion when it arrived. Also the ability to generate the list of RSVPs (sign-ups) and share with others was terrific.

Nachteile: For us, gathering RSVPs but also collecting money, the process of going from one to the other could be improved as a few people signed up but didn't pay at first, and others paid at first but didn't "sign up." Once the organizer chooses to collect money, the system should self-configure to guide the end-user (who is signing up) to both sign up and then pay, to avoid having people do one part but not the other.

Great Product

Bewertet am 27.10.2018
Sue C.
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Had a great turn out at my parent conferences because SignUp automatically sent the invite to the parent's email address. They could sign up for one slot that fit their schedules so I did not have to send home a sign up list, have them choose three spots, and hope that I did not schedule another conference with on their selection. Signup sends an email reminder to all the families. All I had to do was set it up. No reminder notes to send home and no switching around conferences—easy peasy.

Nachteile: Sometimes it was hard to navigate between setting up the spots and checking who signed up. I wasn't always notified when a parent signed up, so I had to check it daily. This wasn't a big deal, but I had to make sure ALL of my parents had signed up. Also, not all parent have access to a computer, so they didn't check their email. However, I just called those parents and inserted their names so I could print out a complete schedule for the week of conferences.

Best Volunteer Management Tool!

Bewertet am 30.7.2019
Amy F.
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We no longer use paper sign up sheets!!

Vorteile: SignUp.com makes managing all of our church volunteers incredibly easy. The best part is reminder emails are sent directly from them so we don't have to worry about it!

Nachteile: SignUp.com does automatically sign people up to receive a weekly news email and users have to be sure to un-select the box so they don't receive this. This can be confusing to some users and some others don't want to receive such things!

von SignUp.com an 31.7.2019

Thanks for sharing your generous feedback, Amy - it's a privilege to help people-power your Good work! Paper-free is a fantastic achievement -- good for everyone & our planet!

SignUp does the all the necessary work. It sends out reminders and notifications like an assistant!

Bewertet am 21.3.2018
Najja e B.
Executive Director

Vorteile: I have a bank of volunteers with whom I work as a nonprofit organization. When a community outreach event comes up and I need to notify volunteers, then I go to SignUp. It's easy to set up, navigate and operate. I create the venue and notify the volunteers right away. The volunteers can sign up by selecting which outreach event, location, and shift they want to volunteer for. Right at their disposal is a complete description of their responsibilities and duites. SignUp does all the work by reminding the volunteers of their assignment via email. As the Executive Director, I too get notification when someone signs up as a volunteer and the reminders that were sent. I can closely track all of the activity, know who has signed up and can opt to generate a sign-in sheet. It's a great way to centralize the nonprofit community outreach activity. It provides one-stop shopping so volunteers can see what fits their fancy. I absolutely love it! It has decreased my admin time by at least one-third. It's like having an admin assistant to complete the work I don't have time to do!

Nachteile: Volunteers can't find the location/address of the event once they've signed up. It's there, but just appears to be buried and not as visible as it should be. There are too many adds and it makes the page look busy.

Volunteering made simple

Bewertet am 20.3.2017
Gene K.
Volunteer - Volunteer Coordinator
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used Volunteer Spot / Signup.com now for two years and three different applications as I am the volunteer coordinator for all three. Signup allows our volunteers to check the calendar of events, select the date and time slot that works best for them and sign up, easy. The beauty of this program is that it then alerts me to the activities, when someone signs up and in some cases where they withdraw as well. I would highly recommend Signup.com to all volunteer coordinators or those who are managing volunteers. Thank you so much for also having a no charge version of this program for those of us who are doing small groups and nonprofits as well.

Vorteile: It makes being a volunteer organizer a lot easier.

Nachteile: None that I can think of.

Bazaar Shift Coordinator

Bewertet am 9.11.2016
Linda T.
Shift Coordinator
Religiöse Einrichtungen

Kommentare: Our church's bazaar runs for five days in the Fall (this includes 1 1/2 days of set-up and 3 1/2 days for the actual bazaar. For two year's I've organized the approximately 150 shift workers using your site and found it a breeze to use and tremendously helpful. Being notified if anyone cancelled helped a lot. Your email reminders a couple days before each worker's shift made my job so much easier. Your quick response to any questions I had was wonderful. The site is so easy for me to use and the shift workers loved it, too. Thanks.

Vorteile: Ease of use

Nachteile: Wish I could figure out how to go in and add a person's email address after they've signed themselves up but didn't give you that information. They miss out on your reminders if you don't have their email address and I'd like to know how to add it without having to delete their name and then re-enter it. If I delete their name to do that, then they will get an email from you saying that I deleted their shift and gave them a new assignment. This confuses the worker when they wonder why I deleted their shift. Is there a way for me to just add their email address without the worker receiving this notice?

Another very satisfied SignUp.com User

Bewertet am 11.11.2016
Linda K.

Kommentare: I have been using this software for about 3 years now to organize the over 200 volunteers who manage our annual charitable event, a used book sale sponsored by the Friends of the Guelph Public Library. Although retired now (and volunteering!) I have worked with LOTS of software people in my nearly 30 years of IT work, and the SIGNUP support team are a notch way above the average in absolutely every way. They answer questions quickly. The FAQ's are actually helpful. The videos are sometimes all you need to understand a set-up issue. As well, they understand that most of the people who use their software are not made of money, and so are willing to allow some flexible payment adjustments if you cannot afford to "Drive the Cadillac" all year round. One thing that is very important is product consistency or improvement. This was a solid product when it was Volunteerspot, but it just keeps getting better. The transition to SignUp was completely seamless, no glitches at my end, and the new features that came along with the change to SignUp make this an excellent volunteer management tool. Do not hesitate to give this a try!

Vorteile: ease of set-up and use
flexibility of set-up options
reliability - no down time
communication "hooks" (messaging) that is built in
uploads of external contact lists very easy and error free

Nachteile: some of the reporting could be improved, and I am not thrilled that I have to pay the top price to be able to do cross-signup reports. Maybe someday that will become a standard feature.

As a teacher I use this product to get parents to sign up for parent teacher conferences.

Bewertet am 22.4.2018
Kim M.
2nd Grade Classroom Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I especially like that reminders are sent out to parents. I no longer have parents forgetting to come to a conference. I also really like that parents can easily follow the link sent out without having to sign in to the site. My previous sign ups are also saved and this allows me to look back to see who signed up. Parents are also able to change their sign up times without me having to get involved. It is a super fair way do conference sign ups and it makes my life so much easier.

Nachteile: At this point I do not have anything that I do not like. Since I do not use the site all the time it takes me a few minutes each time to get used to things again. However, it is easy enough to figure out and I have not had any problems getting around the site and getting the job done that I need to do.
Thank you.

Easy to use for all users

Bewertet am 6.10.2019
Elizabeth G.
Administrator
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use signup.com to sign up church volunteers. The volunteers are mostly older church members that can easily use the signup. I like the printed reports and the ability to communicate with volunteers within the Signup.

Vorteile: Easy to use for people not tech savvy, ability to duplicate signups, love the email reminders for users, like to see all spots that a single user has signed up for

Nachteile: Limited themes with the free version. Ad free option too expensive for small group quarterly signups.

von SignUp.com an 7.10.2019

Thanks for being a leader in your church and for sharing your feedback, Elizabeth. Please keep in mind that most people (80%) will be signing up on their smartphones and there is very limited screen real-estate for themes. We hope our proven and attractive options will meet your needs. We also offer an ad-free version for $9.99 per month covering unlimited SignUps, Group Pages and notifications (discounted annually offering 2 months free). Perhaps we can fit in a future budget.

Ease of scheduling parent/teacher sign-ups

Bewertet am 18.10.2019
Jean B.
teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've used this website for about three years, and it has been an efficient, well-organized website for me to use when scheduling parent/teacher sign-ups.

Vorteile: SignUp.com made it fairly easy for me to create parent sign-ups and check on the status of their sign-ups.

Nachteile: Not being tech savvy, I did have to ask my younger colleagues how to complete a few of the steps.

Organizing volunteers for Library Book Sale with ease

Bewertet am 13.11.2018
Jenie L.
Public Relations Coordinator
Bibliotheken, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The product is easy to setup and our volunteers find it simple to use. We have been using this service for 3 years and have found it to be a BIG time saver. We shotgun out an email through sign-up.com to all of our registered volunteers. They can go the the sign-up area and choose which shifts they wish to volunteers. We have an active record of our volunteers spots that are filled and the volunteer receives a reminder email a few days before their volunteer shift. The biggest benefit is that I can clone previous events where we typically have the same need for volunteers. Simply change the dates for the event and all of the open shifts are automatically placed into the cloned event. WOW! Love this service!

Vorteile: The best thing about this product is that it is SO easy to use and setup. Our volunteers enjoy the ease of online sign-ups and the helpful reminders when their shift is near.

Nachteile: I love everything about the service. I have nothing negative to share.

SignUP is an EXCELLENT system for coming alongside a teacher to setup meeting and events.

Bewertet am 4.11.2017
Keri S.
Teacher

Kommentare: TIME saved....many steps are bypassed on the teacher's part when using SignUp, so the relief of not having to send home hard copy letters requesting a parent to list their "top 3 dates available," then having to place parents into a schedule, resend a letter home to parents, etc.... So much TIME saved on teachers' parts. Thank you SignUp.com staff!!! You are so appreciated!

Vorteile: The task of scheduling my parent-teacher conferences was less challenging, and actually gave the parent "buy-in," holding the students' parents accountable to their own date and time choice, rather than the teacher assigning the parent "a date!" Also, the reminders sent out by SignUp to parents...great help!

Nachteile: The technology aspect allows the parent "an out" for attending with a simple "click " on a device, the parent can cancel, switch times, etc. My schedule seemed to change a few times in the '11th hour.'

Excellent site for organizing parent teacher conferences

Bewertet am 29.11.2017
Therese Z.
Guidance Secretary
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Parent conferences had the highest attendance since I've been in the Middle School. Saved me a ton of time.

Vorteile: There are so many pros to this site, I probably will not be able to remember them all. Here are just a few: It gives parents more incentives to come to conferences as they can choose & change their times to their convenience. It uses modern ways of communication so that more parents are apt to use it as there is no pressure and it takes only a few seconds to sign up. It's basic version is free so that schools on a budget can use it. It is user friendly. It has excellent organization. It saves the organizer's time. Who ever designed it understands how to organize events as even the smallest details are covered, for example the sign ups can be locked, email reminders are sent, reports can be generated, other teachers can get live reports of who is coming. Can't think of any improvements. Made my life easier... ;)

Great Experience

Bewertet am 28.6.2018
Linda J.
Project Graduation Chairperson

Kommentare: I had all my information about the volunteers in one place. To be able to click a few buttons and send out a mass email was wonderful.

Vorteile: Thank you for creating this perfect way to communicate in the digital age we live in. Setting up the requests and having people sign up by attaching a link in an email was so easy and extremely helpful.
We started using the services last year and everything is executed perfectly.
To be able to send the group a quick note of thanks after the event and have everyones email addresses at the click of a button couldn't have been easier.
We will continue to use for any and all events we need help with.

Nachteile: Nothing. We have used SignUp for volunteers and donations over the last 2 years.
Everyone has responded well and the software has been very user friendly.