Moved two small Inns from RezOvation to InnRoad and haven't regretted one moment

Bewertet am 27.1.2017
Samantha S.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Within the past 6 months, I have moved two small Inns over to InnRoad from RezOvation. The Sales Team offered me a discount if I started the migration right away and although I was hesitant I agreed - No time like the present right. Unfortunately, it was the beginning of the busy season and I couldn't do it and I asked if we could postpone the migration until the end of the season and they were more than happy to comply.
The move is relatively seamless but it is tedious work if you want to bring everything with you, that being said I wish some more of the functionality had been explained prior to the migration because I would have been able to make better decisions on how we specifically were going to handle different situations and I would have done things much simpler. An Inn starting from scratch would be super simple. Our Inns have unique rooms so we had to make a room type for almost every room which requires a little more time for everything that follows, but the end result is worth it.
I work hard on yield management and InnRoads has many capabilities that RezOvations did not offer that I now take full advantage of. This also translates into their Booking Engine capabilities. First, you set up your seasons, then your rates, then minimum stays (discuss this with your Implementation person first as there are several ways you can set this up). It seems like a lot of steps, but once it is all in there it is super easy to work with. Adding a short term special is very easy, especially if it is a discount off of your Rack rate.
You can automate some, all or none of your emails - so handy. The reports are well put together and easy to use. The search capabilities are wonderful - you can find a booking by the last four digits of their Credit card.
I mainly moved over because of the cost. With RezOvations and using Bed & Breakfast.com to link to the OTA's for two properties. We have easily cut the cost in half. I thought I would be giving up a lot of functionality with the reduced cost, but I have actually gained much more control of my rates.
Just do it...it's worth it. The Support team is very responsive. I have had a few little bugs, which I may have caused myself, but they have cleared them all up relatively quickly.

Vorteile: Very easy to use, very easy to set up.
Credit card set up is a breeze, we did switch credit card processors.
Booking Engine came together beautifully, we put both Inns together.
The link to the OTA's - three for each property (Expedia, Booking & Trip Advisor) and we only had brief troubles with one of them - was easy.
If you are having reservations about moving just take it slow and steady one piece at a time and you will get there unscathed.

Nachteile: My main complaint and I think this is only because I was moving over from another system, is that the functionality of things were not explained.
The Sales Department gives its pitch and then you are turned over to an Implementation Team which I think should ask a lot more questions about how you run your business than they did. We would have saved a lot of time, effort and frustration.
A simple example is in some of their List Items, you enter all your Market Segment options in setup for a drop down menu that appears on the Reservation screen. Had they told me that the drop-down list shows up in the order that you enter them I would have entered them in a much different order. Simple stuff like that would have been very handy to know in advance.
The housekeeping functionality is seriously lacking, but I haven't really seen a system that has a good one.

Saves Time and Money

Bewertet am 19.10.2016
Michael P.
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Inn Road Software is simple to navigate and to learn. Although I did not start with Inn Road software integration from the beginning, it has proved to be useful in operations for the small 39 room hotel I operate. To make a long story short, I started as the GM last year in 2015; without training from my predecessor. I've not experienced such a cloud based software before, rather my strong suite was with another brand in a POS/Hospitality software. Being tossed into a new software, well. . . I only had my knowledge of computers and my wit to figure out applications being hindered and harbored in the technological era. After a month and a half, I've caught onto how the system operates. It wasn't too difficult to adapt to the generalities of how Inn Road Operates. In most areas I prefer the ease of Inn Road. Not only because I caught on fast in the areas needed to manage the hotel and all the reservation types that come wit it, but it allowed for me and others to correct ourselves prior to saving our mistakes. To explain, required information needs to be filled out prior to advancing and saving anything. It may seem archaic in regards to applications or forms have always required fields to be filled in before proceeding, but I've never had this luxury with the original operating system I've used. This has been beneficial and is a great regarding the software because it no longer requires many reports to be printed and trying to find the origin of the mistake to make corrections from the beginning. Overall, Inn Road has and continues to save time, which in return saves money, and sanity. I've always appreciated the cliché phrase "Work smarter, not harder." In my opinion, Inn Road's software allows me to accomplish this objective.

Vorteile: Employee Mistakes are easy to find and correct. Simple enough to remember the corrective action once experienced. For example, how to change a room using parking lot. It has a question mark in the upper right that allows you to search for tips and read up on the features. The customer service has never let me down. If I have a question I either call in or email, depending on my time constraints. They've been great with their help and responses to my staff and myself. If it is something that they are unable to manage or correct from their stand point, then it is passed to the IT department to investigate. Inn Road takes care of Credit Card processing during the Audit process. We just have to run the reports and post everything from the day officially. Other than that, it is a simple print of the reports.

Nachteile: There are features I miss that an older software I used had; like having a DO NOT RENT LIST for trouble guests. The software is still learning and I consider it a Beta Phase until they've incorporated many features that people are requesting to see with the software. Lock night audit periods!! The system allows you to proceed without completing this feature, which is a blessing and a curse; not sure if it is a pro or a con at this point.

So happy we switched!

Bewertet am 21.10.2016
Caitlin F.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We decided to switch to InnRoad last winter and it was the best decision we made! One of my biggest fears was our initial integration, but with the help of Jeff our property setup and integration were really easy and a lot faster than I anticipated. InnRoad is extremely user friendly when it comes to the day to day operation of the system. We have had a couple glitches with the interfacing of InnRoad and Booking.com which lead to a handful of over-bookings but InnRoad seems to have fixed whatever the problem was. The one thing I think they can work on or change protocol is following up with clients who contact the 24-7 Client Services department. Once you call or contact the Client Services Department and a ticket or work order is created that is the last you hear from them until you receive an email asking to fill out a short survey referencing the closed ticket item. The survey asks you how their customer service was and if you have any comments or feedback as to what they can do better. I am the type of person who would like a phone call or short email back from tech support saying "hey, we fixed the problem - this is what went wrong, this is what we did to fix it." That way I know the issue was resolved. Otherwise I just assume the ticket is still outstanding. Once you receive the email with the survey it means everything is resolved but I just like to be in the know so next time something happens I have knowledge as to what the problem could be. That is the one and only thing I think they could improve. Oh and maybe they could design an app for my phone/tablet so I can work on the go - other than that LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! Highly recommend the change if you are on the fence. It has made my life a thousands times easier.

Vorteile: How user friendly it is. How it has streamlined our two properties. Ability to run reports and track where guests are booking from and traveling from.

Nachteile: How I can't use on my iPhone or tablet. So if I'm not at my desk I can't take a reservation.

Very good. I highly recommend this software.

Bewertet am 31.5.2016
James F.
4.5 / 5

Vorteile: After looking at several other systems, including a couple of the ones aimed at large, chain hotels, innRoad seemed to be the best designed for the small, single location business. We are very new to this business, so anything that could clearly improve our operations and sales is a bonus. A few things we do that are somewhat unique require creating workarounds that aren't as precise as would be ideal, but the customization available is great. Customer support and training has been really good, as well, leaving me in no doubt that the vendor actually does care about their customers. Even on a holiday, you can get live help on the phone quickly. The channel management features got us quickly online with major OTAs so we could get loads more exposure than traditional advertising would for the same cost. Already we are up 73% in sales over the same time period in the previous year! Of course, your mileage may vary. The pricing is also very competitive. I would not say it is the lowest I found, but based on every point I compared among systems, the system returns good value for the cost.

Nachteile: We have a vacation rental component to the way we do business that doesn't really fit the traditional inn model. This software is clearly aimed those businesses that hew closely to the inn model. I agree that their focus is entirely appropriate, but managing the kind of group bookings we do is a little harder than it would be using a system designed for vacation rentals. That said, vacation rental-based systems are far more limited in their overall scope. My only other nit to pick is that a few of the functions scattered throughout the system don't always respond reliably, but this may be more a function of the system being web-based, rather than run from a local server.

von Ali an 23.6.2016

James, thank you so much for the kind words! We’re so happy to hear innRoad is working so well for you and you’re up in sales after listing on OTAs. Keep up the amazing work!

Definitely choose Innroads when user support matters

Bewertet am 11.12.2017
Sarah S.
Front Desk Reservation Agent
Glücksspiel & Casinos, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The reason I did not rate the price / value was I'm a Reservation Agent and unaware of the rate paid, definitely not because I think it unfair. I do however feel like with the customer support they offer 24/7 being superior than any I've dealt with I wouldn't even enter price in to my decision equation. It's like having great car insurance, price is irrelevant if excellent support is available when you need it.

Vorteile: Ease of use, tutorials available, articles/how to guides just by searching a related term/word even if generalized. Hands down best customer support agents who don't stop if they aren't able to answer a question, instead they take it to a specialized team who proceeds with the inquiry/issue. They've followed up via email and phone every time I brought things to them. (I'm the squeaky wheel & utilize customer support a lot!) When responding to a feature availability inquiry the response has always been thorough and/or if feature was not currently an option they've taken it to a design team who has implemented it when possible. Their customer support has made reservation life so much more efficient.

Nachteile: A few quirky things about the program are puzzling, but not deal breakers. I was an opera user before and miss the feature of having everything about a person and all charges and history be available on one screen in pop ups ~ it was like all my sticky notes right where I could see them with the guest in front of me.

Great for our property! We're a smaller boutique hotel with 11 guest rooms currently. We're growing, adding rooms and features. InnRoad has supported and helped us significantly with our growth.

Bewertet am 5.5.2018
Dave D.
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We've been using InnRoad for almost three years now. We've used three PMS/reservation systems over the last 12 years and this is by far the best we've used. As you work with them they will help you to build a better marketing presence and to optimize your mix of direct bookings on your site versus relying on third party reservation systems with high commission costs

Vorteile: Reliable and comprehensive reservation system for your own website and to automate and integrate connections to take reservations from third party reservation systems. Haven't encountered any over/under booking issues. We were able to set up packages and bundles to implement different rate structures and strategies (room only, bed & breakfast etc). Customer support is quite capable and impressive given the large number of smaller businesses they're serving and supporting.

Nachteile: User interfaces cram a lot of capability onto each screen by using small and somewhat cryptic graphical icons with limited or in some cases, no text. In the long run, this is a good thing, because it facilitates powerful quick navigation.. but, in the early going it adds to the learning curve to remember what the icons mean. But this is a MINOR issue and can be overcome fairly quickly.

Easy to adjust to

Bewertet am 3.12.2015
Michael P.
4.5 / 5

Vorteile: Although it is frustrating, I like that Inn Road allows one step to be completed at a time and you cannot proceed unless everything is done correctly. Working in a fast pace environment with hospitality a lot of things can be forgotten or overlooked because we multi-task upon multi-tasking. I've done so myself plenty of times, but the program is built to allow things to be done correctly the first time by having all the proper areas filled out. This way it limits the time one could waste backtracking to find a mistake made towards the beginning of the process or even at the beginning of the month.

Nachteile: The thing that I least like about Inn Road is that users can delete/void items that were done on a previous day and it can alter number totals for the MTD. The rule of thumb is to never change anything in the past!! Always do everything in real time and the date coincide with the date that the correction is being made; It is very important. To explain, an associate deleted the first night room charge on a guest that was staying 15 days total. What should have been done was to add a room charge adjustment that coincided with the actual date and type in the date it was correcting in the comment area. What was done was they deleted the posting and added a posting for a discounted percentage, but they changed the date for the posting to be for the first day. I hope this makes sense in text because it was confusing to locate where the issue was at first.

von Catherine an 7.12.2015

Hi Michael, I’m sorry you have encountered this. There actually is a quick way to ensure that users cannot void or delete things done on the previous day. I’ve passed along your information to our support team who will be reaching out shortly to assist you.

Very comprehensive system with great functionality

Bewertet am 24.1.2018
Michael R.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am very impressed that I have a full property management system with back office accounting for a monthly fee and no investment. It includes a booking engine and mobile app, allowing me to have a system that compares in many ways to the property management systems of the industry giants.

Vorteile: The system is full of options but easy to use. Training and trainers are thorough and knowledgeable about system and patient throughout the process. They are very fast and can get you up and running quickly. Support is around the clock and case workers are there to assist with guidance. There online tools and tutorials

Nachteile: I signed up too early and should have waited to implement as I opened much later. Very impressive sales experience that took awhile to regain my confidence during implementation. Certain limitations, such as multiple persons in one room are not very well managed. The work around to get two names in one room is not acceptable as it alters the contact/billing information and eliminates the possibility of different prefixes for two individuals and the contact is associated with the payment processing. There are limitations to the marketing sources and sub-sources that need to be corrected, as they were clearly intended for use and were used by the first operators one can see.

huge improvements in coding and intuitive application

Bewertet am 19.4.2018
Sofia W.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been with Innroads through several incarnations, and we are happy we stuck it out and are where we are. The systems are super cross-referenced and allow us to navigate all sorts of reservations, from daily to weekly, to extended and groups. Thank you all!

Vorteile: Innroads just implemented 2 chart upgrades which make the chart much more intuitive, end-user friendly and easy to check on reservations. We welcome the constant improvements, and welcome the efforts to add features and cross-referencing.
Some of Innroads customer service agents are excellent and know how to address issues on the spot - always a delight and happy to have certain agents on the phone.

Nachteile: Some minor suggestions:
we are waiting for a code change to ensure we do not close out a reservation with an neg/pos balance. We envision a color change when checking out so that staff and audit is alerted to the open balance.
Another suggestion is to ensure that the night tech team is trained enough to understand the issue at hand.

InnRoad is a long term partner for our busniess

Bewertet am 11.1.2016
Scott O.
Gastgewerbe

Vorteile: I found the system to be user friendly, affordable and full of potential from day one. That fact that we were able to go live with the system in a blink of an eye due to the system being cloud based with no installation. The assigned account manager walked me through each step of the set up and continued with teaching the entire staff via conference calls. The tech support department was great with our learning curve and would assist us through each self placed hurdles. The InnRoad team assisted me in setting up accounts with all of the online travel agents (OTA's) and worked with our webmaster to link the booking engine seamlessly.

Nachteile: I won't say that InnRoad is without it's cons, there have been some that have been addressed with upgrades and some that they are working to address...but, their pros have made them the best investment that I could have made.

Great reservation system for our small Inn

Bewertet am 17.4.2017
Hannah B.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been using InnRoad at our property since 2014 and ever since the big update it has been better than ever. Many user friendly features have been added, including the ability to drag and drop reservations directly on the tape chart, simple "press of a button" cancellation, and new and exciting color coding. We especially appreciate the added feature of being able to customize the tape chart to how each of the front desk associates prefer it when they are logged in. It's also helpful to be able to adjust the rate plan on the tape chart instead of having to do it after opening the reservation up. Tabs are a genius idea, as it allows us to multitask. Any issues we've had have been resolved very quickly and efficiently. Before their update, we briefly considered switching to another reservation system, but now we're so happy we decided to stick with InnRoad.

Vorteile: It's easy to use, and very straight forward. Easy to train new people how to use it.

Nachteile: Some features are not as user friendly as we would like, more specifically when loading rates.

Why we like Innroads

Bewertet am 31.3.2017
Patty L.
Assistant Manager
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been using Innroads since 2013. We are an independent hotel and have been really excited since they have been doing their upgrades on the system. They are constantly striving to make it easier for everyone to use. And there support team is the best. They are always there to help out with any problem that might be happening.

Vorteile: it is so easy to make reservations especially when it is a repeat guest. We do a lot of room blocks and they are so much easier to do now. I like how easy it is to cancel a reservation. And I love the Customer Service Team.

Nachteile: I don't like it when it kicks me out and I have to sign in again. And I don't like when it goes really slow when trying to do a reservation. Neither of these happens a lot but if it is slow when I am busy I don't like it. They have been working diligently to correct this issue.

Better Than Expected as a New User of innRoad

Bewertet am 29.5.2018
Tom G.
Front Desk Clerk
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: To prepare myself in general for the innRoad system at the property I am working at, I spent several hours watching training videos and taking notes ONLY to find once I was at my work site that many of the procedures in the videos were CHANGED....this became quite confusing to/for me!
I also wish a written MANUAL for the operation of innRoad system for Front Desk Clerks arranged by topic: Checking in a Guest, Making a Reservation,
Ways to Make a Payment, How to take a Room Out of Service, How to Place a Room back in Service, How to....(so many basic topics) in a SIMPLE, SYSTEMATIC, 1-2-3- step format were available (or if it is, I don't know about it)...Thank you!

Vorteile: I like : * ease of viewing reservations through the Tape Chart
* ease of changing/moving reservations through the Tape Chart
* ability to SPLIT rooms in one seamless operation for the same guest
* customer support so far has been very helpful and usually prompt

Nachteile: I don't like: * seems like too many buttons to click to save, commit, select, etc. some operations
* the difference on same dashboard button All Arrivals and Pending Arrivals, All Departures/Pending Departures (seems like Arrivals should
simply show All arrivals for the date, then have another button for Today's Checked In Guests; Departures simply shows all departures that date still In House and use another button for Today's Checked Out Guests
* Also - make UNdoing a Check In or Check Out simpler

The Right Path.

Bewertet am 29.9.2015
Ken C.
4.5 / 5

Vorteile: As a resort manager using Innroad reservation systems for more than four years. I can say this.. Since we started using our beloved Innroads system, my life has been a lot less stressful and a lot more enjoyable. Innroad has taken our bookings, billings and customer satisfaction to another level. No more overbooking, paper work free and booking on line. Freeing up more than 1/2 the phone calls. This means, we are spending more time with customers in front of you.. We all know how important that is for your social media and reviews. A lot more smiles and laughter around the office now days..

Nachteile: Not being able to thank them personally. They give that 100% everytime. Everyone at Innroads has just the right touch to close a conversation with a smile. Thank You all!

von Catherine an 22.10.2015

We’re smiling over here at innRoad hearing how much we have helped you guys out. Thank you so much for the incredibly kind words!

Inn Road Customer Support

Bewertet am 11.8.2018
Delloyd J.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I would recommend this software for anyone in the lodging business.

Vorteile: The employees of Inn Road are very professional. They are also courteous and helpful whenever I have problems. I have had the software for three years and have not regretted purchasing it since I began using it. It is a very useful tool for our cabin operation. Our scheduling efficiency has been great.

Nachteile: There is nothing that I do not like about the program. Once customer support did not save their work and caused us a lot of extra work. This was over the solar eclipse of 2017. I had five night minimum stay and the customer support agent did not save his work so 20 cabin nights rented for one night stays versus four five night stays, but that is the only incident in three years of my working with Inn Road.

Coming out of the Stone Age

Bewertet am 26.10.2016
Alyssa W.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are a small 14 unit family run motel that had been using the old paper book system (for the past 38 years) and I decided that as part of or office remodel we would get with the times and get an reservation system. Innroad was referred to us by another motel so I looked into it. The sales team was super helpful even in showing my mom who is the owner that we would actually be saving time and money by going with a program like there. The implementation team was great especially my rep who had to train me and put up with all my questions. There was a few hiccups that happened but they were remedy almost immediately. My mom who is not tech savvy at all can use the program easily. I also love the fact that I can access the reservation system from anywhere. This way if it is midnight and our office is closed and we get a reservation call I can see what we have available. Another great thing is that if we use their channel manager features and the amount of time that was spent entering and making sure the reservation book is up to date is virtually gone, I was spending hours a day doing this and now its about 5 minutes. If there is any problem or issue the customer support team is amazing. they can help you fix anything with in minutes. I have made many mistakes and they not only fixed them but then showed me how to do it too. The one rep even has gotten used to me calling that she asked about my 1 year old that she had heard previously in the back ground. Their team has that small business charm that makes you want to do business with them. I would defiantly refer them to other businesses.

Vorteile: The amount of time that is saved and how it consolidated so many jobs .

Nachteile: You cant access all the features on the mobile site

What we need here is a bit more flexibility

Bewertet am 7.11.2016
Denise W.
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall this software serves my purposes. That being said there are some major draw backs. I initially went with InnRoads because i wanted a online booking platform that could be integrated into my website. Due to the inflexibility of the platform and its inability to handle the subtleties and nuances of my booking requirements, I was not able to use this as a online booking utility. Instead, I use it as a hands on booking tool. For instance, I have seasons where my prices are higher then other times of the year (as I am sure most if not all hotels have) and the default is that if a guest wants to stay during a time that overlaps the two season ranges, InnRoads will always default to the lower price and there is no way of circumventing this default. I can manipulate the system manually, but if someone was booking online, I would lose money. As well, to manipulate this program with all its associations of seasons and rates is particularly challenging.

Vorteile: great customer service. Easy to use once all the seasons and rates and promo codes have be added.

Nachteile: If you are not a full blown hotel/motel, such as we are (only 6 units) this platform offers much more then needed. Very difficult to figure out issues without the help of customer service. If you have different rate periods and a guest wants to stay within 2 or more of those periods, the system cannot adjust for the different rates during different times. Takes a few weeks to get up and running.

Reliable, Great Customer Service and an excellent choice for Independent Innkeepers

Bewertet am 4.12.2018
Samuel Y.
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing more improvements to your service!

Vorteile: After being disappointed with other online reservation systems, we've been very pleased with how consistent and easy to use InnRoad has been. The staff has always been very helpful and they've been vigilant about making sure your booking partners are connected, even assisting every step of the way to transfer our database from another service so that our market data would be complete and not have to be rebuilt from scratch. If you have any trouble, they're quick to respond to any inquiries.

Nachteile: It might just be me, but some of their tutorials and online instructional material is a bit general, thankfully their staff was able to help me walk through some issues I had. I had some trouble understanding how to modify rates on the fly, it's not quite as easy as setting up a deal on Booking or Expedia.

Great experience

Bewertet am 26.1.2018
Meshelle P.
Asst manager
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Inn road reservation system is very easy to use and learn. they have a help section with instructions on how to do a lot . You can schedule a class online . Or just call customer service on the phone which is available 24 hours a day. I have called a few times. And every time the repasenitive has been very polite and able to walk me through whatever I needed with step by step instructions. One time I was very busy with customers. And they just fixed my problem for me. And sent me a email with instructions on how to fix it myself if it happened again. Overall my experience has been excellent. And would recommend to anyone wanting to buy a reservation system

The 21st Century comes to Country Haven Inn

Bewertet am 21.8.2015
Shana S.
Gastgewerbe

Vorteile: The software is easy to use. I don't have to worry about making booking mistakes. It's also very easy to alter reservations and to see availability and rates of occupancy. The hotel was not computerized at all when I became the manager 3 years ago. After I was here 5 months a person called from innRoad and convinced us to give innRoad a try. I am of the generation that is not very computer literate and innRoad helped me implement the system and offered training sessions to our whole staff to learn how to use computers and the innRoad system. I'm not sure another software company would have done that.

Nachteile: I wish I understood how to delete obsolete rates. My available rates screen is too cluttered. If I were to ask, I know someone from InnRoad would walk me through how to fix that.

von Catherine an 24.8.2015

Shana, we’re so glad you gave us a try a few years ago and are still happy to this day. We couldn’t be where we are without awesome clients like you!

We will have someone reach out to help you with your rates. As always, let us know if you need anything!

Lots of Features, Great Support

Bewertet am 17.1.2019
Alex V.
SEO Manager
Gastgewerbe, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Really great, especially on the support front. Ideal for smaller properties that really need a combo PMS + IBE solution. Beats the heck out of many other small vendors out there.

Vorteile: Honestly, for a PMS/IBE provider, the best thing I can say about innROAD's team is that they are great at following up. A lot of times when you integrate a PMs on property, they little details in integration get lost and the account management team assigned to you barely cares. This team is the opposite. They're very transparent about what their product can and can't do, and they try to find workarounds for antyhing that gets 'out of that lane'... super team, supper support.

Nachteile: Rate planning ,rate setup and then rate management are all a bit tough to accomplish if you're a veteran revenue manager, BUT... honestly and from one veteran hotelier to another), when IS rate management and loading every really 'easy'? You give me an easy rate management task, and I'll sell you a bridge, how about that? No seriously, other than this ubiquitious aspect of hotel life, its a good product.

New Motel owner, I have an IT background

Bewertet am 5.12.2016
Janet W.
owner/manager
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I was able to get up and running in a matter of hours.
There is a hospitality terms that I had to get up to speed on. Terms that I did not understand kept me from grasping some of the concepts.
There are a few operations that I would like to be able to do myself. The software is a bit cumbersome for changing seasonal rates and promotions
I do want to say that the integration help and the tech support is first rate.
Our credit card integration (ShopKeep payments) is seamless.
A few of the messes I got myself into needed emergency calls to tech support and they were able to resolve my issues while on the phone.

Vorteile: The reservation tape chart is easy to maneuver and select reservations to see details. The rooms being on the horizontal, helps me to find open dates for guests. Credit card integration is great, payments are automatically deposited to my bank account. Customer database is invaluable, can make personal notes on guests and reservations.

Nachteile: I still need help with manipulating the credit card information on reservations that need to be changed. I.E. customer leaves early and does not present his physical credit card at check in or check out, it is in the system from the initial reservation ...some times the credit card information is not available on my screen but is to the technical engineers. They have always been able to help me.

One year of sales growth

Bewertet am 17.4.2017
James F.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: innRoad is a great fit for a small hotel or inn with a large variety of room types. We were able to create custom settings for each type of unit we have and can even have virtual rooms to meet needs that only come up in specific situations. The accounting features give us all the scalability we need for extra retail as we develop more income streams and keeps transactions simple for our guests. Managing OTA presence is a whole lot easier with the channel manager feature. Group reservations are somewhat clunky to manage. While you can set up groups, manage single or multiple payers, and include event-related fees, there's a lot to be done. In some ways, our old paper contract system was easier. There are also some features that can't be accessed directly, but require you to call support. It appears that this is variable according to your specific account details, but you will have to ask for specifics, some times as you find a feature you now want to use that you hadn't touched before. On the whole, this is a really strong system for a small, eccentric place. We've see our sales grow nearly 50% over the past year. While this isn't all due to innRoad, a lot of what drove that wouldn't have been possible without property management. I highly recommend it!

Couldn't be happier with the partnership that we have with Innroad

Bewertet am 23.5.2014
Scott O.
General Manager

Kommentare: After purchasing a distressed property and completing a major renovation, we found ourselves with a beautiful independent property....an independent property with an outdated property management system with no link with the online travel agency world. After shopping numerous products, I came across InnRoad and the sales staff quickly arranged a demo session. The Demo session went very well and I agreed to kick the tires during a 30 day trial run. I found the system to be user friendly, affordable and full of potential; I signed on a member. April 15, 2013 we went live with the system in a blink of an eye. Since the system is cloud based, there was no installation. The assigned account manager walked me through each step of the set up and continued with teaching the entire staff via conference calls. The tech support department was great with our learning curve and would assist us through each self placed hurdles. The InnRoad team assisted me in setting up accounts with all of the online travel agents (OTA's) and worked with our webmaster to link the booking engine seamlessly. Almost immediately we began receiving bookings, the front desk agents were operating the system like pros and are "brand of one" began to grow. I won't say that InnRoad is without it's cons, there have been some that have been addressed with upgrades and some that they are working to address...but, their pros have made them the best investment that I could have made. I enjoy the cloud accessibility, their professionalism and their many connections to vendors that make our business run smoothly. I found the pricing reasonable and I found the perfect partner for our business needs. I gladly extend an invitation to contact me or my staff at the property for our honest - straight forward opinion of this product. Scott Overton, Sr.
Jaybird's Inn
St. Augustine Florida
904-342-7938

von innRoad an 24.5.2014

Thank you so much Scott, we are glad to have you as a partner and we are so proud of your success!

Constant problems..

Bewertet am 15.2.2017
Court Z.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Where do I begin?... Terribly slow. I spend more time in my office watching the hourglass spin every time I make a change or update than anything else. Tons of time wasted here on a daily basis.... I've had constant problems with inroad pushing the correct availability thru to expedia.com, etc. This caused me tons of money and reservations as anyone shopping on expedia to stay with me got a 'no availability' message. however, I was told and thought this was fixed - but the same problem is back as of about a week ago. I'm losing business because of this. I informed customer support of this last week and was told it would be a high priority problem to fix - a week later and still no solution... The software is full of glitches. Innroad rolled out a new version of the software a couple of months ago - ever since then - constant problems (strange error messages, screen lockup, I can't even log in sometimes)... I don't know how many times I've called customer service about an issue or glitch - they tell me just log out and log back in to fix it - sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't...... The availability and nightly minimum stay rules and requirements are extremely labor intensive and time consuming to input. If you are like me and have more than one rate season, along with more than one minimum stay requirement, with more than one room type, be prepared to spend days and days and days inputting all the info. then, if you want to change the minimum night stay of one particular room on an as-needed basis for a particular night - you can't. Unless, of course, you create THREE new rate seasons for that one particular unit, with a whole new set of rules, not to mention you will have to edit your current rate season so it doesn't include that one unit you are trying to adjust. Sound confusing enough? Customer support says they are aware of this issue and might have a new version by the spring sometime to solve it.. I call customer service 2-3 times per day on average - so much that they probably all know me just by my voice.... Let's say you want to block availability for all of your units for 15 days. You have to go into a screen and manually check each individual night for each unit with a checkmark. I have 14 units which means I have to manually make 210 checkmarks!! And if I want to make the same block to Expedia users, I have to make the same 210 individual checkmarks on the Expedia blockoff page. Really? Just today, I realized that the tax calculation is wrong for an upcoming reservation in March. It's wrong only on this one reservation - and only Innroad can change the tax... When I call customer service, I will get the on-hold music for 15 minutes +/- before they pick up.. Extremely rarely do they pick up within a minute or two.

Vorteile: Customer service (when they finally pick up the phone) is very nice and very professional. They usually seem as frustrated as me about many of these issues and seem to realize that their software is complicated, and full of bugs and inconveniences.. It is very convenient and efficient, however, that they will usually do a screen-share to see the problem directly and first hand.

Nachteile: See my review