Über MemberPress

MemberPress ist ein einfach zu benutzendes WordPress Membership Plugin. Diese Mitgliedschafts-Software hilft dir, sofort mit dem Ladevorgang für den Zugriff zu beginnen.

Erfahre mehr über MemberPress

Recurring payments, discount codes feature, the ability to only make certain content available to specific memberships. I have been using this software for over 3 years and has been solid.

I am not sure why that is necessary and feel that's been the one downside to memberpress being linked with WordPress in this way.

Bewertungen zu MemberPress

MemberPress hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 361 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du MemberPress bereits verwendet?

Kimon
Kimon
Manager in USA
E-Learning, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

6 + years user on multiple websites

Kommentare: Since I transitioned to Memberpress I have had 0 issues with membership management!
I will be a loyal customer.

Over the 6 years that I have been using Memberpress I have had no issues at all with the membership management. I like the ease of use. The not complicated setup and the fact that it is dependable. It keeps up with the changing internet!

I am very comfortable with this software. I would suggest to include more metrics on the reports such as Total income per user / total income per product. Some ability to create pivot tables and charts would be great! I would also like the ability to Upsell if someone clicks on cancel membership. That would be great to add.

Tim
Tim
Technical Director in Australien

A dream to implement

Setting up a membership site was so easy to do. In the past I've seen clients with hal a dozen plugins to create membership sites, especially if they have Woo as well! But Memberpress wraps everything up neatly and still manages to be time-efficient and optimised for speed. It was really easy to setup and get going, really intuitive.

I found that some output, for example the "My Account" widget is unable to be styled using settings. If you don't want vanilla you have to break out the Chrome Inspector and create your own custom css. While I can do that, a lot of people cannot.

Jon
Web developer in UK
Design, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Subscription Model has changed - * WARNING* -

Kommentare: Absolutely terrible.

Easy to set-up and manage multiple memberships and protect various Wordpress content,

Memberpress was sold in Dec 2021 [SENSITIVE CONTENT] who has completely changed the plugin and the subscription model. Unlike other Wordpress plugins, once your 12 month 'licence' expires you are completely locked out from the back-end of the plugin and prohibited from managing any users or memberships unless you pay $$$. This is completely unethical and we have removed Memberpress from approx 80+ websites we manage for clients.

Beth
Beth
Director and Owner in USA
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

MemberPress has all the Gotchas figured out!

Kommentare: I've been using MP with Learndash for my online Academy for 4+ years and couldn't be happier!

MemberPress has figured out all the things that could go wrong or that you might need in a membership/course situation and has it covered, in spades. The documentation and support (critical factors) are excellent.

I wish there could be upsell and cross-sell opportunities built into the shopping cart.

Stephen
Stephen
Co Founder in Irland
Bildungsmanagement, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Excellent Wordpress Membership Software

Kommentare: Overall i love memberpress and am glad i found it. I think it is awesome!

This is the most easy to use wordpress membership software. It has great extra features like the importer. It's also very well supported with really clear helpful support!

The course software is still new and I use learndash with it but there is good integration.

Veronica
Veronica
Owner in Irland
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

The course add-on is simply the best

After struggling for months (and at each and every WP update) with a different LMS plugin, I finally transferred all my courses on MemberPress. I cannot tell you how much everything changed in better, I have now no more issues and finally I can manage all my courses and memberships from one and plugin! I love this add-on.

I don't have any complaint, especially after the Elementor integration now MemberPress seem to have all the elements and qualities I wished for.

Kieran
Founder in Mexiko
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Great look and feel, and functionality

It looks great out of the box with tidy and well-designed pages, and has all the functionality you'll ever need.

I would like it to have a deeper integration with Learndash.

Marie
Marie
Schreiben & Editieren, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

After Much Research, It Was a Great Choice

Kommentare: I love having my membership site ready to go without weeks of work to get there.

I liked how easy it was to put my private pages behind a paywall. It was quite user friendly.

I did have some difficulty adding Stripe and Paypal and lacked confidence that it all worked, but in the end it did! Also, it did not integrate with my email provider, SendinBlue.

Wale
Wale
Editor in Nigeria
Internet, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

MemberPress is good, but it could also get better.

Kommentare: I considered a few alternatives before settling for MemberPress. So far, I can say that I made the right choice. Even though it lacks certain features, the core functionality it provides makes it the perfect fit.

MemberPress gives you all the things you need to build a functional membership site on WordPress. While working on a client's website, it was the only WP membership plugin that allowed me to use a local payment gateway (PayStack) right out of the box by installing a ready-made addon. There was absolutely no need to buy this separately or manually write the code for it. Also, being able to create corporate membership is a big plus.

MemberPress lacks a member directory with complete profiles on the front end. I've seen some WP membership plugin with this and this makes one wonder why it's not included.

Jordan
Jordan
Director, Product & Marketing in USA
E-Learning, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Helped us move off Teachable

Kommentare: Memberpress allows us to sell access to our LMS with different membership options. We've built some custom code to have full control of our user experience.

Easy to create memberships and assign courses to it with the LearnDash plugin

The LearnDash connection is kind of buggy and we had to create custom plugins to keep all courses in sync for all users

Professionelles Training & Coaching, Selbstständig

Great Membership platform for WordPress

Kommentare: It’s great! Can’t recommend them enough.

Easy to get set up and running with. Well priced, and works well with WordPress! Very happy with MemberPress software!

Some hiccups with the course builder. But that could be issues with the integration with the theme on our end. Overall, the MemberPress team has build a great product.

Susan
Landwirtschaft, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

High ROI

Kommentare: At the end of the day MemberPress delivered more than expected for the least investment of time and money.

MemberPress made it possible to free up the most time-consuming job of my membership site: student access to course files. Absolutely love being able to design and implement coupon codes in the blink of an eye allowing me to simply track source of sign-ups.

It takes an investment of time for the non-technical user.

Miles
Owner Operator Magicmiles Software in USA
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Best Software In Its Class!

Kommentare: I use MEMBERPRESS. It does everything you could want and more. I run a subscription based video site. User buys a subscription to my exclusive content on a 3 month basis, or a year long basis. Credit card processing is handled by any number of services. Content is protected 6 ways from sunday. NO ONE is getting access to my content. No one. I use Amazon S3 as the video host, so with another plugin, you can virtually run a video content site, with no load on the live server whatsoever. All the video is pulled from amazon and piped through to the user’s browser request at whatever speed they can handle. Memberpress makes this simple and painless with it's own S3 Access Plugin. Basically I write an article, post a video and attach it to the article. When a user comes to the page, they see the article and the video. Amazon hosts the video, and memberpress protects the content from unauthorized access. The cool part about this is that MemberPress only shows the user what I want them to see in the article. IF they’re a free user, they see X, if there a gold user, they see Y, if they’re a platinum user they see Z. Billing, and All other transactions happen seamlessly, if I need to see a transaction I can. I can cancel or hold any individual or all transactions from the admin screen. If I want to market directly to a group, I can. If I want to send out mail to a long mailing list of users, I can do w/ a built-in 3rd party tool. This thing has so many features, it's crazy.

The ease and timeliness with which I was able to set up a paywall for my instructional videos as well as to set up payment tiers, and payment services that were exceptionally painless. Really the only tedium with MemberPress is having to collect the cash. If it did that then I'd be happier.

This a small thing, and it really is tiny, when needing to pull a user account, and look at it, it would be nice if I could look at the user account from the USERS list to see their full access and what their capabilities are. It's one more step that you ideally don't want to have to do.

Laurie
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The best membership plugin for Wordpress hands-down!

Kommentare: I've been using MemberPress for for about six years. I haven't found a better solution that meets my requirements. I've been VERY happy with it!

I like it's flexibility and scalability. I run two websites that use Memberpress. On one site I have over 10 memberships setup ... I'm able to upgrade members between memberships and upsale to other memberships. I use it to manage access to virtual events, leveled resources and my contributor team. It's so flexible it integrates well with my email marketing and affiliate software.

I wish I could offer multiple levels of a single membership. Right now, I have to set up a separate membership for each option.... for example I would like to offer a different price for memberships for those who are already a member of another specific membership. Instead I have to create several memberships for this and it's a pain to manage members of multiple memberships (i.e. pulling reports,etc.)

Levi
Levi
CIO in USA
Personalwesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

(Almost) Everything you need

Kommentare: MemberPress is almost the perfect tool for setting up a membership based website. It leverages all of Wordpress's native functionality and extends it in understandable and powerful ways. Installation was one click to install the plugin and around an hour to understand and configure all of the options. The price is reasonable and the support (when needed) has been responsive. I was also pleasantly surprised to find that the add-ons provided by MemberPress are included in the price. No nickel and dime upcharges every time you need to add functionality. While the Courses module did not meet our needs, it is great to see the Memberpress team working to refine and expand the capabilities of MemberPress. It is also refreshing to see that they seem to have formed genuine partnerships with the other products they integrate with (LearnDash, Affiliate Royale, WP-SMTP to name a few). These are not bolted-on integrations. They are robust and well documented by both MemberPress and the third-party provider.

The purchase and setup process was painless. Configuration was quite involved but the layout of the admin interface and the documentation made this very straightforward. The number of integrations available makes this a solid foundation for our online paid content. We are using several integrations but most notable among them are the S3 plugin which let us protect our video content from an AWS storage bucket. This was something I hadn't even considered when selecting MemberPress. But as soon as I realized my oversite, there was a knowledgebase article and some great documentation. 30 minutes later, the problem was solved.

We had originally purchased MemberPress to act as a Learning Management System (LMS) but we found the newly added Courses module to be too simplistic for our needs. Fortunately, there is a robust integration with several LMS tools including LearnDash. Once we realized that Courses wasn't going to be the answer for us, it took less than an afternoon to pivot to LearnDash. Both tools have great documentation on how to setup the two systems to work together and we were able to launch on schedule.

Lynne
Executive Director in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, Selbstständig

Easy to Set Up

Kommentare: We have been able to set up different membership levels and prices.

Our volunteer IT team at our nonprofit noted how easy it was to set up. We have been using it for over a year and are very pleased.

We don't have anything negative to say. It's been a great experience.

Abhiraj
Founder, CEO in Indien
E-Learning, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easily Create a Membership Website

Kommentare: In general very happy with Memberpress.

Love how easy it is to set up memberships. Love the rules and partial access rules feature. Love its integration with Convertkit and Stripe and Divi etc.

Adding users manually to a membership is a bit complex - you have to add a subscription and then a transaction to it. That process can be made smoother. Also, the documentation can be a little more detailed, especially to find relevant stuff.

digital designer in Australien
Design, Selbstständig

Easy to use with plenty of features and great for developers

Kommentare: My overall experience has been great and i would highly recommend this product. i will also use it on my other future client sites.

I am using Memberpress in conjunction with its addon 'Corporate addon' to allow my users to create teams, with parent and child accounts. This plugin is brilliant in what it offers out of the box. It is very easy to configure and as a developer is easy to work with.

There is a fair bit of trial and error to get to what you need it to do, however I would consider this normal anyway. I did find it hard to work out if you can restrict users to only one membership or not and will need to ask support directly for this information. IF you cannot add such a restriction, i would consider this a negative. It is a little on the expensive side (at full price the cost of the pro version would come in at $2995 over the course of 5 years)

Orla
Web Designer in Irland

Happy client since 2016

Kommentare: I really love using Memberpress for its overall flexibility, quality support and wide selection of integrations. I use it for most membership-based client projects.

I love the membership software and the range of integrations available. I like to build custom dashboards for each clients members area and Memberpress gives me full control over all design elements and allows me to easily protect them.

The course software really needs its own custom post type interface so the lessons are easier to access - especially for us old school developers who are not big fans of the Gutenberg interface. It is frustrating having to go in and out of single course pages and not be able to open multiple pages in multiple tabs when you have larger and more comprehensive courses. Also it was disappointing when the WooCommerce native gateway was removed.

Ryan
Founder in USA
Architektur & Planung, Selbstständig

The best wordpress plug-in for membership sites

Kommentare: Because I adopted this paid membership option to my site I have taken my hobby into a steady side business. Definately recommend giving memberpress a try.

For a non-recurring payment software that also will not take a cut of the earnings, this may be the best option out there. ALSO technical support is top of the line. I have had a few snags while setting up a custom theme and I get a response right away, even a personal video tutorial in one instance. The team also recommended a third party developer to do some custom integration and that has gone great.

The admin areas are a little challenging at first, but this is largely because it must work within the Wordpress interface.

Shay
COO, Co-Founder in Mexiko
E-Learning, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Highly recommend! We use Memberpress for ALL of our courses...

Kommentare: We've been using Memberpress since 2015 for ALL of our Bucketlist Bombshells Academy courses (10+) and our Profit & Thrive 2022 Conference replay line-up of workshops hosted by industry leading female CEOS. I highly recommend this platform to anyone looking to build an online course or content membership hub!

What I like most about the product is the customization. I can customize everything to meet my needs and it integrates with every software I use in my sales funnel.

The only con would be, I would love to be able to view log history. I can see the last date they logged in, but would love a way to see the entire history of login for each member. This would help me better understand my successful students versus ones who don't finish the course.

Eric
UX Design in Kanada
Design, Selbstständig

UX Designer

It's very intuitive to set up and has all the features I need. The docs and customer support are excellent.

There isn't anything major I don't like about this software.

Dan
editor in UK
Möbel, Selbstständig

Top membership software

Kommentare: Main benefit is it keeps everything in one place, easy to manage and create unlimited subscriptions. I'm really happy with the product and service. As my business grows it will also allow me to add more subs packages, which is great to know for the future.

Ease of use and all the tutorial videos that come with it explain everything to set up easily. The layout, functions and software management have been great so far. Experienced no issues other than creating corporate accounts, which I needed to upgrade for. Haven't used all features yet but looking forward to using the download content option to protect. Really useful feature for digital publications.

Nothing so far! (Maybe include the corporate membership option in basic for beginners).

Lisa
Developer in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Solid Product With Good Support

Kommentare: Customer support has been much better than average. There is a lot of functionality built into the product which can be leveraged over time as needed.

The software allowed us to integrate our master club database with the club website. We were able to relatively easily integrate login functionality into our site and restrict content to members only. The email features are also very good. And, most importantly the import/export of data functionality is easy to use and allows us to keep everything in sync with our master database.

We had to use a third party plugin to have the login/out status appear on the screen. Could you build something into the product? Customizing the wording/fields on the provided pages is cumbersome and requires overrides to be manually entered into configuration files.

Jeff
Jeff
President in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

It's the Leader in Membership Sites

Kommentare: We have several companies that are using it for maintaining membership for a scientific genetics company, a sportsman club, a business who has training for its members, and more.

I have used MemberPress with my clients on very complex projects for years. It is easy for our development team to implement, launch, and pivot if necessary. I highly recommend MemberPress for any company that needs a robust membership site that is there to help and support your efforts.

I feel the only area where I would like to see it more robust in regards to output are the Member Notices.