MemberPress Erfahrungen

Über MemberPress

MemberPress ist ein einfach zu benutzendes WordPress Membership Plugin. Diese Mitgliedschafts-Software hilft dir, sofort mit dem Ladevorgang für den Zugriff zu beginnen.

Erfahre mehr über MemberPress

Recurring payments, discount codes feature, the ability to only make certain content available to specific memberships. I have been using this software for over 3 years and has been solid.

I am not sure why that is necessary and feel that's been the one downside to memberpress being linked with WordPress in this way.

Bewertungen zu MemberPress

MemberPress hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 324 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du MemberPress bereits verwendet?

Wale
Wale
Editor in Nigeria
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

MemberPress is good, but it could also get better.

Kommentare: I considered a few alternatives before settling for MemberPress. So far, I can say that I made the right choice. Even though it lacks certain features, the core functionality it provides makes it the perfect fit.

MemberPress gives you all the things you need to build a functional membership site on WordPress. While working on a client's website, it was the only WP membership plugin that allowed me to use a local payment gateway (PayStack) right out of the box by installing a ready-made addon. There was absolutely no need to buy this separately or manually write the code for it. Also, being able to create corporate membership is a big plus.

MemberPress lacks a member directory with complete profiles on the front end. I've seen some WP membership plugin with this and this makes one wonder why it's not included.

Beth
Beth
Director and Owner in USA
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

MemberPress has all the Gotchas figured out!

Kommentare: I've been using MP with Learndash for my online Academy for 4+ years and couldn't be happier!

MemberPress has figured out all the things that could go wrong or that you might need in a membership/course situation and has it covered, in spades. The documentation and support (critical factors) are excellent.

I wish there could be upsell and cross-sell opportunities built into the shopping cart.

Jackie
Marketing Director in UK
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Memberpress - The Best Solution For A Membership Site

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: We have been working with Memberpress for a number of years now and our overall experience has been excellent. The team at Memberpress is always willing to help with any technical issues and they are constantly upgrading their product and adding to it to make it better and easier to use. Memberpress really is the best solution for a membership site.

We really like Memberpress because it easily integrates with our website and all the features are customisable to run and blend with our website design. It is easy to set up different memberships and member types so we can design and customise our membership site to suit our customers and what they want and change it whenever we want to. The payment gateway setup is easy and we are able to use all the leading payment methods giving our customers the freedom to choose how they want to pay. The finished result on our website delivers a professional membership site that looks good, is easy to use for our customers and we can run and have complete control over it ourselves.

Our main frustration with Memberpress is that it doesn't have the facility to build and run a video membership site within it. In order for us to be able to deliver this using Memberpress as our membership software, we have had to integrate a separate video gallery and run within its limitations.

Jon
Web developer in UK
Design, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Subscription Model has changed - * WARNING* -

Kommentare: Absolutely terrible.

Easy to set-up and manage multiple memberships and protect various Wordpress content,

Memberpress was sold in Dec 2021 [SENSITIVE CONTENT] who has completely changed the plugin and the subscription model. Unlike other Wordpress plugins, once your 12 month 'licence' expires you are completely locked out from the back-end of the plugin and prohibited from managing any users or memberships unless you pay $$$. This is completely unethical and we have removed Memberpress from approx 80+ websites we manage for clients.

Ian
Writer in USA
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Helped pull me out of poverty!

Kommentare: Loved it!

Memberpress is a membership plugin on steroids. There is no comparison. I went from living on $10,000 a year to earning a living and supporting a family through the Memberpress plugin alone. No other paid Wordpress plugins. Paid $25 a month for Converkit and just created content and marketed really hard. Memberpress is way better than things like Teachable or Thinkific because everything is on one site. Most people who are making a difference in the world want everything in one place. Free info, paid stuff, and fun content. The ethical way to promote content in 2022 is to release a ton of free stuff and let people come into your courses or membership without the cohort scarcity scare tactics. Memberpress makes that really easy. The integrations are great on Memberpress. I use the Convert Kit, Beaver Builder, and a couple other integrations and they work fine. Now I will go into some other membership plugins. Paid Membership Pro is wonky and doesn't give you the same freedom. I run a Paid Membership pro site (because their Discord integration is the most important part of the membership) and everything other than the Discord integration is worse. Learndash is a better LMS but their registration, payment, and member management is an absolute nightmare. If you use Zapier for a Discord integration and Memberpress Courses (about 85% as good as LearnDash LMS for courses but makes up for that in so many different ways) all the pro's for other companies listed above are obsolete.

It's a bit barebones. But, that gives you the freedom for total customization. If you're trying to make money on Wordpress in 2022 you need to have Ux/Ui skills or pay someone who does.

Abhiraj
Founder, CEO in Indien

Easily Create a Membership Website

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: In general very happy with Memberpress.

Love how easy it is to set up memberships. Love the rules and partial access rules feature. Love its integration with Convertkit and Stripe and Divi etc.

Adding users manually to a membership is a bit complex - you have to add a subscription and then a transaction to it. That process can be made smoother. Also, the documentation can be a little more detailed, especially to find relevant stuff.

Shay
COO, Co-Founder in Mexiko
E-Learning, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Highly recommend! We use Memberpress for ALL of our courses...

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: We've been using Memberpress since 2015 for ALL of our Bucketlist Bombshells Academy courses (10+) and our Profit & Thrive 2022 Conference replay line-up of workshops hosted by industry leading female CEOS. I highly recommend this platform to anyone looking to build an online course or content membership hub!

What I like most about the product is the customization. I can customize everything to meet my needs and it integrates with every software I use in my sales funnel.

The only con would be, I would love to be able to view log history. I can see the last date they logged in, but would love a way to see the entire history of login for each member. This would help me better understand my successful students versus ones who don't finish the course.

Jessica
Craft Tutorial Creator in Spanien
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Best Choice for my Crafting Membership

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: My business simply wouldn't exist without MemberPress. I haven't found any other service that is comparable.

I liked most that MemberPress integrates seamlessly with so many other things that I use such as Mailchimp, BeaverBuilder, BuddyBoss. Everything works great and whenever I have issues they are quick to respond.

I wish that they had a live chat for customer service, but I appreciate that they respond quickly most of the time.

Raimonda
Founder / CEO in Spanien
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Such a great tool with plenty of functionality and seamless customer experience

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: It has been easy and seamless to run our membership platform, from registration to member management and even member cancelation process has been easy.

It is super simple to use, set up and manage memberships with MemberPress software. Having use it for over 3 years we find it to be a great system for our needs. Never had any issues with it so far.

All features works great, plenty of functionality

Janet
Janet
owner in USA
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Love this software!

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: I love it, it allowed me to get my membership site up & running quickly & allows me to maintain it easily.

I spent tons of money for another membership program that was big on marketing but provided NO help with implementation, Memberpress did it all & was easy to use.

This was a big learning curve for me. For the items I use infrequently I have to look at tutorials.

Jason
Creator in Kanada
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Great Membership Management System for your WordPress Website!

Kommentare: Great! Love the product for what it does. I recommend it to many people!

Love how easy it is to set up and turn your WordPress website into a membership website.

One of the issues I found with their course creator. I was having some issues accessing the page (was showing error messages). As well, if you delete a lesson from the main course curriculum (rather than the right side lessons list), record of that page remains on the sitemap. I've received a 5xx server error from Google as a result. MAKE SURE YOU DELETE LESSONS FROM THE SIDE LESSONS LIST.

Kimon
Kimon
Manager in USA

6 + years user on multiple websites

Kommentare: Since I transitioned to Memberpress I have had 0 issues with membership management!
I will be a loyal customer.

Over the 6 years that I have been using Memberpress I have had no issues at all with the membership management. I like the ease of use. The not complicated setup and the fact that it is dependable. It keeps up with the changing internet!

I am very comfortable with this software. I would suggest to include more metrics on the reports such as Total income per user / total income per product. Some ability to create pivot tables and charts would be great! I would also like the ability to Upsell if someone clicks on cancel membership. That would be great to add.

Trisha
President in USA
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Finally, a robust membership platform that integrates into our website

Kommentare: With MemberPress we have been able to consolidate everything into our client facing website. There has been a slight learning curve coming from a competitor's software, but that is to be expected.

I love that this integrates right into our Wordpress site. I also love the ability to create corporate accounts and monthly recurring memberships, and that there are so many available add-ons and third party integrations that we can use.

We switched from another membership software, so it was a little tricky importing information in a similar way to what we had set up. I also wish that the software had the ability to split tender. Membership reporting is pretty surface level, it would be nice to be able to run more detailed reports on specific memberships - or members that that are about to expire.

Laurie

The best membership plugin for Wordpress hands-down!

Kommentare: I've been using MemberPress for for about six years. I haven't found a better solution that meets my requirements. I've been VERY happy with it!

I like it's flexibility and scalability. I run two websites that use Memberpress. On one site I have over 10 memberships setup ... I'm able to upgrade members between memberships and upsale to other memberships. I use it to manage access to virtual events, leveled resources and my contributor team. It's so flexible it integrates well with my email marketing and affiliate software.

I wish I could offer multiple levels of a single membership. Right now, I have to set up a separate membership for each option.... for example I would like to offer a different price for memberships for those who are already a member of another specific membership. Instead I have to create several memberships for this and it's a pain to manage members of multiple memberships (i.e. pulling reports,etc.)

Miles
Owner Operator Magicmiles Software in USA
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Best Software In Its Class!

Kommentare: I use MEMBERPRESS. It does everything you could want and more. I run a subscription based video site. User buys a subscription to my exclusive content on a 3 month basis, or a year long basis. Credit card processing is handled by any number of services. Content is protected 6 ways from sunday. NO ONE is getting access to my content. No one. I use Amazon S3 as the video host, so with another plugin, you can virtually run a video content site, with no load on the live server whatsoever. All the video is pulled from amazon and piped through to the user’s browser request at whatever speed they can handle. Memberpress makes this simple and painless with it's own S3 Access Plugin. Basically I write an article, post a video and attach it to the article. When a user comes to the page, they see the article and the video. Amazon hosts the video, and memberpress protects the content from unauthorized access. The cool part about this is that MemberPress only shows the user what I want them to see in the article. IF they’re a free user, they see X, if there a gold user, they see Y, if they’re a platinum user they see Z. Billing, and All other transactions happen seamlessly, if I need to see a transaction I can. I can cancel or hold any individual or all transactions from the admin screen. If I want to market directly to a group, I can. If I want to send out mail to a long mailing list of users, I can do w/ a built-in 3rd party tool. This thing has so many features, it's crazy.

The ease and timeliness with which I was able to set up a paywall for my instructional videos as well as to set up payment tiers, and payment services that were exceptionally painless. Really the only tedium with MemberPress is having to collect the cash. If it did that then I'd be happier.

This a small thing, and it really is tiny, when needing to pull a user account, and look at it, it would be nice if I could look at the user account from the USERS list to see their full access and what their capabilities are. It's one more step that you ideally don't want to have to do.

Daniel
CEO in UK

The most robust and sensibly designed of the wordpress membership plugins

Kommentare: Robust wordpress membership platform which we use for delivery of paid courses and learning management. Acts as a complex framework on which you can build a very elaborate membership site rich in features and with quite customisable behaviour.

It doesn't take over your installation and hog the wordpress admin like many plugins do. It keeps itself in its own section and has a reasonable number of settings. Memberpress should really be considered a membership framework upon which you can assemble a versatile range of membership and subscription based sites rather than an out of the box product, i.e. there's still a lot of work to do yourself but memberpress will help you more than it will cause headaches, and that is not always the case with wordpress membership plugins. Really fantastic rule making section means that you can create things like tag and category restrictions or take it to a whole level of complexity and control by restricting custom post types and taxonomies. The latter approach is excellent for those combining this with custom fields and really customising the admin panel heavily. Integrations are not endless but are well considered and usually best of class i.e. Stripe, Paypal, Mailchimp, Drip etc...

Because it's a framework really, it is possible to use memberpress badly if you are not an experienced wordpress developer. Not making good rules for restriction and relying on per page restriction for example can set you up for a messy future and makes you very dependent on memberpress. The forms and payment workflow could be nicer. The user self-service section needs some work although it can be styled with CSS. it would be nice if the defaults were a bit more modern and adapted a bit better to themes. More action based hooks would be useful to make a very customisable membership signup and upgrade flow.

Antwort von Caseproof

Hello Daniel, Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. We appreciate it! We're committed to constant improvement, and reviews like yours help us to accomplish that. Please feel free to contact us at outreach@caseproof.com if you have any questions or additional concerns. Thanks, again!

Aaron
Aaron
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

All of the power and options, with much less hassle

Kommentare: MemberPress controls access to back office functions for contractor sales agents. It allows me to ensure that agents under contract have access to some parts of the site, agents who are no longer under contract but still have unsettled business can still access a smaller subset of the site, and agents considering entering a contractual relationship can be given person-specific access to a different discrete set of pages to help them make their decisions and fill out contract forms.

I was able to set up MemberPress on a somewhat complicated WordPress multi-site setup with a minimum of issues (those that did crop up were my own fault). Configuring multiple membership levels and controlling access by membership level was well-explained and easy to implement. And it was, by far, the easiest of the membership plugins I experimented with to get set up to handle membership payments.

Processing payments on the visitor end was easy enough, but managing the payments on the back-end can be confusing. Automatic renewal is only possible via subscription payments, and I couldn't find a way to override this to facilitate entry of annual subscription payments received in other ways.

Maggie
Website Manager in UK
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Robust Membership plugin for Wordpress

Kommentare: Overall, MemberPress is a really versatile and useful plugin for building a membership site and has lots of great features. We've found it to be a good fit for our business and are happy with it. Customer service is always fast and friendly if we have any questions or problems.

It's really easy to set up rules for which members can access what content. Our particular site offers downloadable resources, so Members are able to access all pages, but certain resources are only able to be viewed and downloaded by Members of specific membership levels. Once we set it up the first time, it has worked wonderfully and makes uploading new resources for various membership levels very easy. The plugin is also fairly easy to adjust to suit our needs with very little coding knowledge needed. Most features are already included and it's just a matter of selecting them.

We offer a different annual price every year for new members, but old members continue to pay the price they first signed up with. At the moment, the 'Membership path' (going from free to paid, or paid down to free, for example) only allows a certain membership to be used once in paths. It would be much simpler for administrators if they could use a membership level in more than one path. As it stands for us, members who have signed up in previous years do not automatically go down to the free version if they stop their paid version. They simply cease to have access and we have to manually give them free access.

Brandon
WordPress Engineer in USA
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

MemberPress is the #1 Membership Plugin for WordPress

Kommentare: Setting up MemberPress can require you to know and understand a little bit about memberships sites. Once it's set up and configured, I usually don't have to tweak the settings at all. Everything just works. Creating protected content for a course is super easy now too.

MemberPress allows me to set up basic membership sites as well as fully-customized membership experiences. The code under the hood includes WordPress hooks and filters so folks who are more technically minded can extend it to suit their needs. The new Course Management features allow you to create online classrooms for your users to view a stylish version of your course content. It's quick and easy to build out your course content with without having to worry about spending time customizing layouts .

Some of the UI is a little clunky. One of the reasons it's been around for so long is because its functionality is robust. Because it's been around for so many years, some of its UI feels a little out of date. They are continually making improvements so this doesn't bother me.

Joe
Web Designer in UK
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Fantastic Piece of Software

Kommentare: Memberpress offers a much cheaper way to offer an LMS to my client's customers without the subscription requirements that popular all-in-one websites use.

I purchased this software on behalf of my client, looking to move away from a subscription-based learning management system and host their own. Memberpress offered everything they required (and more) from a full Learning Management System. Setup was extremely easy and was installed on the WordPress site in a matter of minutes. There's great customisation, a whole library of plugins to add additional functionality, and integrates great with other popular software such as MailChimp, Elementor and Stripe. Even features like automatic PDF generation for customer purchases increases the automation and means myself / my client needs to spend less time interacting with the system - which is a bonus in both our eyes. I'm looking forward to continually develop and work with my client with Memberpress and look forward to suggesting it as my go-to software for any future LMS projects.

There's nothing I don't like. Perhaps, as a suggestion, there could be some preset styles for the member's account dashboard in WordPress. Although it's functional and works perfectly, it's perhaps a bit basic in design. It can be easily customised with some HTML and CSS but this takes time and therefore presets would help with the design process.

Levi
Levi
CIO in USA
Personalwesen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

(Almost) Everything you need

Kommentare: MemberPress is almost the perfect tool for setting up a membership based website. It leverages all of Wordpress's native functionality and extends it in understandable and powerful ways. Installation was one click to install the plugin and around an hour to understand and configure all of the options. The price is reasonable and the support (when needed) has been responsive. I was also pleasantly surprised to find that the add-ons provided by MemberPress are included in the price. No nickel and dime upcharges every time you need to add functionality. While the Courses module did not meet our needs, it is great to see the Memberpress team working to refine and expand the capabilities of MemberPress. It is also refreshing to see that they seem to have formed genuine partnerships with the other products they integrate with (LearnDash, Affiliate Royale, WP-SMTP to name a few). These are not bolted-on integrations. They are robust and well documented by both MemberPress and the third-party provider.

The purchase and setup process was painless. Configuration was quite involved but the layout of the admin interface and the documentation made this very straightforward. The number of integrations available makes this a solid foundation for our online paid content. We are using several integrations but most notable among them are the S3 plugin which let us protect our video content from an AWS storage bucket. This was something I hadn't even considered when selecting MemberPress. But as soon as I realized my oversite, there was a knowledgebase article and some great documentation. 30 minutes later, the problem was solved.

We had originally purchased MemberPress to act as a Learning Management System (LMS) but we found the newly added Courses module to be too simplistic for our needs. Fortunately, there is a robust integration with several LMS tools including LearnDash. Once we realized that Courses wasn't going to be the answer for us, it took less than an afternoon to pivot to LearnDash. Both tools have great documentation on how to setup the two systems to work together and we were able to launch on schedule.

Andy
Director in Schweden
Musik, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Collects Payment While You Sleep

Kommentare: Memberpress allows me to drip feed newsletters, course tips and customer retention quite easily. Take all of those aspects seriously because they really impact your business over the long term. Memberpress has everything built in and they have spent time thinking about this from a sellers point of view.

Memberpress changed my life in a good way because it did everything automatically which was the dream scenario I always dreamt of having. Once you have a product or service then the only missing link is Memberpress to bring in the money - and it does that without my manual interaction.

Was not easy to customise the interface but after receiving support with a few hours I was guided on how to modify aspects of the plugin. I am not a coder so getting a non-techy response was very welcome. There could perhaps be some templates to select from in future versions to make this easier.

CEO in Philippinen
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Outstanding Features! Superb Support!

Kommentare: It solves the need of our organization with course and membership management. No plugin in WordPress yet can do such as of writing this review.

The 2-in-1 feature of Course and Membership plugin for WordPress is very convenient for setting up our course site. The support is also outstanding and helps to solve the errors quickly.

The limitations in course completion. However integration with other features like gamepress is great

James
CEO / Founder in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Amazing Customizable Membership Product

I was previously on Kajabi but could not get that product to look exactly how I wanted it to. Nor could I get the function. However, I knew I could on my own site… but that left the problem of managing a membership and payment gateway. Enter here memberpress for the win! What a great solution that is straightforward to use and comes with so many amazing features like automatic emails, rules to guard content, and multiple membership options.

Testing the features after creating my membership took some time because it didn’t integrate with Stripe as easily as I’d like at first . The accounts would link but they didn’t communicate well enough to send off the test email. However memberpress customer support was amazing in helping me trouble shoot this.

jason
jason
internet marketer in Kamerun

MemberPress Review 2022

Kommentare: I enjoy working with this tool because of the flexibility and comfort it provides. Would recommend trying it for yourself.

I own a couple of private course websites, one on internet marketing and the other on HTML. These membership websites were mounted using member press. This plugin empowers content creators with a lot of helpful features to protect and monetize their hard work. It's true it's not perfect, however, I haven't found better elsewhere. It's just easy to use and completely transforms your website into a nice-looking membership website. I use the course features because it provides wide content accessibility which I find useful for my visitors. In 2020 we made more than $18,000 from our membership sites with over 32,000 students enrolled. Although this may not be a lot, it's an accomplishment and I'm very proud of that.

Based on pricing, I think they should provide more modern stylish templates that will logically amend their subscription charges. Not every user is code-savvy and might tend to bounce back if the appearance does not match their intents. I, in particular, do not appreciate the quality of form styling they offer.