Handbid is a winner!

Laurel W.
President and Founder
Fundraising, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We had our first fundraising experience and hired Handbid to manage the silent auction. We were able to raise exponentially more money using Handbid, and our guests loved the Handbid app on their smartphones! The staff did a great job managing the event, helping us with the auction items, and running the auction. The reports generated after the event are detailed and informative. I recommend to others considering Handbid to fully understand the various levels of service. The more services you sign up for (at a fee) the easier the experience will be for you. If you have people who are willing to dedicate 100% of their time for the auction you can probably use fewer of the services, but the auction is important enough and complicated enough that it is worth paying Handbid more for the majority of the services that they offer in order to have everything go smoothly and with fewest complications.

Vorteile: Modern look and feel, ability to reach more people, makes the silent auction a lot of fun!

Nachteile: Not intuitive, need considerable help and support to manage the silent auction to ensure the photos, descriptions, amounts, signing people up, and other communications go smoothly.

von Handbid an 23.9.2016

We were honored to help Tony & Laurel Werner manage their first ever fundraiser. As Laurel said, their event was a huge success in terms of funds raised & the positive guest feedback. We want to clarify the additional services we provided Kilitech in addition to our auction software. Because it was their first event & due to their busyness/travel, they contracted us to setup & manage event registration, organize the auction items, write & edit item descriptions, attach photos, & load all data into Handbid prior to the event. At the event, we provided staff that managed checkin, helped bidders, worked with the live auctioneer to record live & paddle raise winners, & managed checkout. Our team also was responsible for setting up the auction area & creating the display sheets. Post auction we completed custom reports for Kilitech. Most of our customers take on this work on their own (do-it-yourself (DIY)). However, if you are in need of more assistance, we can provide that for you!

Easy to use Software, highly thought out and beautiful

Bewertet am 3.10.2016
Gaelan T.
Member Services
Gastgewerbe

Kommentare: I did a demo with all of the top auction software on the market and Handbid was by far the best interface (easy to look at) and well worth the investment. It was very easy and fun to put my silent auction items in the system. Guests and volunteers were blown away by how nice everything looked on their phones and iPads. We had almost the same items as the auction last year (with about 25 extra) and made double what we made last year, totalling $46,000. I put our live auction items in for an extra boost of advertising. We also used Handbid to collect funds for a paddle raise. The check out process was very easy and intuitive. Swipping credit cards is incredibly easy, as well as importing a contact spreadsheet before the event, little things that really speed up the process. During the auction (and after) I noticed the Handbid system slowed down a bit. You have to be patient while items save, but it is updated real time in the system (so guests could see an update right away). Besides speeding up the system, I have only one more suggestion. I would love to see more information on Handbid TV, especially a live update on winning bidder on each auction item and the current price. I think this would create a lot of competition within the audience. I will definitely use Handbid again next year if this is an update you can make. The customer service was great. Out of 500 guests, only 3 people told me they would prefer the old-school method of paper bidding. However, I believe this was because we didn't have enough iPad volunteers available, next year I will station one at each auction table. There are many organizations on the island that are now interested in using Handbid.

Vorteile: beautiful design

Nachteile: not being able to have a live stream of the current highest bidder, with item and price. This is something that BidPal software does.

Habitat Dream Builder's Ball

Donna C.

Kommentare: Habitat Susquehanna was first non-profit in Harford County, MD to try mobile bidding at its annual event. It was exciting for everyone (some were a little reticent, but those who ventured into the future LOVED it), we raised more money on our Silent Auction than ever before, and will use it for the 3rd year in 2017. Our second auction had a higher participation level including people who followed the auction online but did not attend the event. Uploading info took only as long as the size of the auction and back office help was responsive and helpful. I DO recommend having a Handbid rep at your event; it's worth it! Any snags were dealt with quickly and efficiently and a good time was had by all.

Vorteile: The software had a learning curve, for sure, but once you get the hang of it, it's very easy to follow. The 'bugs' from our first year were improved for our second year, and I am sure that this year will be our easiest yet. From the perspective of the guests, it was like playing a videogame at an event except it was acceptable to be staring at your phone!

Nachteile: The phone version requires guests to realize where/when to swipe in order to see the details of an auction item.

1st Annual Success

Bewertet am 12.10.2016
Josh G.

Kommentare: The entire process was seamless: from check-in, silent auction, live auction, paddle raise, wine pull and check-out. All I heard all night from our guests was, "Check-in was a breeze" and "this app is cool". If I had to find one thing about the app that I might change is to be able to assign a cork number to an actual person (maybe there is a way to do this already), but I have 10 bottles that I need to get the respective owner and I have no idea who they belong to. At the end of the day it doesn't matter really, but that would be a nicety. Also, my event planner friend that helped us out that night commented about how nice the layout was and how easy to use the it was compared to others she had used before.

Vorteile: I liked the customizations that you could tweak. We didn't use this feature, but I really like the handbid TV option as well which allows your audience to see a live updated dashboard into what is going on during the night.

Handbid is a great online auction resource

Bewertet am 12.10.2018
Marisa T.
Administrative Assistant
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Everyone I've worked with at Handbid has been very helpful and friendly. The bidders in our auction appreciated the service Handbid offers and the ease of easing the website and mobile app.

Vorteile: I've used Handbid for several years now and I love the ease of it. The interface is quick and easy to get onto and jump right in whether you are an administrator adding details for your auction or you are logging into the phone app to bid on an auction.

Nachteile: For our non-profit, the fee for credit card payments was an unfortunate expense but understandably so given Handbid has to recoup their credit card processing fees.

Cost effective auction software!

Bewertet am 22.9.2016
Debbie M.
Development Manager
Museen & Institutionen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We've used Handbid for 5 years now. It has grown leaps and bounds each year. Our event attendees love it as do we. Our only gripe is resizing photos is a pain - if they allowed you to edit the photos within the platform all would be perfect! It's made paper bidding sheets a thing of the past. Having our guests bid from their seats in the ballroom is awesome as the auction tables are out in the foyer. Handbid's customer service rocks! We only have one auction a year, so they patiently retrain us before our annual event. I've looked at other options, but the combination of features and price wins us over each time.

Our First Auction with Handbid

Bewertet am 4.10.2016
Allison M.
Development Manager
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: After doing a lot of research with a number of companies, our school purchased Handbid for our 2016 school gala and auction. We had an excellent experience with a lot of good feedback from guests who attended the gala and others who bid from a remote location. We enjoyed the process of building the app for our gala and received prompt replies from our account manager when we had questions. One recommendation we hope Handbid will consider is a process to generate an auction booklet from the app. With more than 100 items listed at our event, it would have been a huge time saver to have this capability on the back end. We look forward to using Handbid again during the current school year.

Vorteile: The ease of use when building our event.

Nachteile: We had a few bumps along the way but were typically able to get the help with needed from Handbid.

Great Gala

Bewertet am 30.4.2019
Lekeshia F.
Development Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Very easy to set-up on my own as well as go in and make changes or updates.

Nachteile: Response time to tickets when problems arise or the right contact person.

The Fountain of Youth in Auctions Found at Handbid

Bewertet am 7.9.2016
Ashlie W.
Event Manager
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: After years in event management, there is finally a platform that takes the details of revenue components and turns it into a user-friendly system. The back-end component is worth its weight in gold! We had two weeks to plan and execute an event on the brink of the tragedy in Dallas after July 7th and by using Handbid our goals were more than exceeded in revenue. Our bidders at the venue and around the world enjoyed the app, the game like feel of the bidding process, and the checkout process. NO MORE LINES or PAPER BIDDING!!

Vorteile: Ease of use for the management team as well as event guests.

Nachteile: We didn't find this software sooner.

Working with Handbid is such a pleasant experience!

Bewertet am 12.10.2016
Jacqueline M.

Kommentare: Working in the event industry, I have had the opportunity to work with multiple auction software companies. Working with Handbid has been the best experience, by far! The application was extremely easy to configure and their customer service team was there every step of the way to answer any questions we had. Our staff and volunteers were able to make edits and updates quite quickly and more importantly our attendees were able to sign up, check-in, check-out, and bid with ease. We loved the features handbid provided like being able to send alerts through out the event to promote an item/encourage an attendee to visit a specific area of the auction. This allowed us to ensure our auction got the exposure it needed without interrupting the event experience for the guests. I would highly recommend Handbid! We will continue to use them for all of our future events and look forward to the same success.

Awesome, awesome, awesome!

Bewertet am 19.9.2016
Virginia A.
Community Responsibility Specialist
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The best part of using Handbid is the customer service. They are always readily available for questions, concerns or suggestions. Think what really impressed me was when we had an issue closing our auction late at night and contacted their customer service and was provided an answer immediately despite the hour.

Vorteile: User friendly. App based and web based. Live time updates.

Nachteile: Broadcast messages don't necessarily reach everyone who's viewed your auction (the "browsers") but only people who have checked in as "bidders". Also not a way to notify bidders directly from the app/web that have previously been active in your auctions about a new auction you are running.

First Time Mobile Bidding User

Bewertet am 22.9.2016
Lauren M.
Fundraising & Development Manager
13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This was the first time our non-profit organization has used a mobile bidding platform and we have been really happy with Handbid! The customer service is fantastic and the team was really helpful in the days and weeks before our event. We utilized the Knowledge Base throughout the planning process. We highly recommend Handbid to our community partners and other non-profit organizations!

Vorteile: The software is fairly intuitive which we liked.

Nachteile: We had a major issue the night of the event. We had previously been warned to turn off the credit card requirement the night of the event, which we did days before the event. The night of the event it was turned back on not by us, maybe a software glitch? Its a mystery. We also received feedback that those who downloaded the app received too many emails after the event. I have the app and did not receive excessive amount of emails but I also did not purchase anything that evening.

It's Ok

Bewertet am 23.7.2019
Celina D.
Operations Associate
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I like that Handbid allows customization of auctions based on individual event needs. You can also customize the allowed time for bids to be entered, when the auction is over, etc.

Nachteile: I think overall the software is a bit confusing and not very easy to use, especially for customers. It carries out its purpose, it's just a bit confusing.

Best Silent Auction Product Available

Bewertet am 4.10.2016
Amanda B.

Kommentare: After working with silent auctions for organizations as a volunteer and as a non-profit employee, I wished for a helpful and easy tech product to manage appealing item promotion, user friendly checkout and bidding. Handbid came to our rescue. Our guests now have fun with the bidding and are much more engaged in the auction, getting immediate positive feedback for their participation. As a result, income has doubled on most of our silent auctions in the year we have been Handbid users. This is a great investment for us and we plan to keep the product for many years to come. The support is great and the account managers get back to you anytime there is an issue. The CEO even came to visit us to say hi and to show us new upgrades coming out soon. Five star company all the way around.

This is absolutely fantastic!!

Bewertet am 2.12.2016
Mike S.

Kommentare: Have used some competitors software at different events before. I am not an IT guy, not a programmer, tablet and smart phone literate only. However, I was able to run, list, edit, add, remove, so easily I felt like a programmer. I watched the training video, did a 2hr training on phone and computer hookup with our rep (so very nice and responsive)..........it was so easy. Check out allows you to either use your account, their account, set up your own stripe account, accept cash, check or credit card. If you do charity events, silent/live auctions for fundraisers do yourself a favor and look into this. I highly recommend the product and the people. Both product and people were fantastic and I'm generally pretty hard to impress.

Vorteile: Ease of use and intuitiveness

Nachteile: No cons

intuitive, tons of features, great customer service

Bewertet am 27.2.2018
Stephanie W.
Summer Camp Director

Vorteile: HandBid has been fabulous for us thus far. The customer service has been quick with questions and support, the pricing is beyond reasonable, and the product has been simple to use, both internally and for our clients. I've used it as a bidder at other auctions and it was fantastic. The internal side has been easy to use and fully featured to meet all of our needs.

Wonderful Experience!

Bewertet am 14.9.2016
Tamara A.
Director of Development and Marketing
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We were slightly hesitant to move our auction activity to a mobile app, worried that our guests might have issues learning the new platform. We were completely wrong! Jeff and his team provided great support from our setup through our post-event work. The platform is very easy to use from the management side and from the user side. Our staff and volunteers had no problems learning how to manage the app for registration or bid input. Plus, the app looks great! Guests had fun bidding, enjoyed the interface, and appreciated that they could move around and keep tabs on their items. We will definitely be using Handbid for our future events!

Vorteile: Easy item and bidder input, mass uploads; Aesthetically fun; options for notifications or not for user; ease of event reports; timer for end of auction

Great tool for schools and nonprofit events

Bewertet am 7.10.2016
Brad H.

Kommentare: We have run 2 gala events and a golf tournament with Handbid. It had a tremendous impact on our overall returns. Plus, the app is extremely easy to teach and use. We found that for our second and third events, it got even easier, since most of our parents already had Handbid on their phones, knew how to use it, etc. Finally, this tool was great because it allowed distant relatives and friends to participate in the auction. This made the event more fun, expanded our universe of bidders, and ultimately drove up bid prices on many of our items.

It is the best software for events related to auctions.

Bewertet am 30.7.2018
Sahil V.
Associate Business Analyst
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: So far i have used so many bidding apps but this is the best one among them.I am using this app from past few months you can bid from anywhere across the globe in this app.Its very convenient for the sellers or auction organisers as well.They can invite bunch of people to their auctions without doing any physical work and the user interface of this app is very attractive yet simple.

Nachteile: I haven't come across any serious issue so far but there should be a feature to invite those bidders which were active in our previous auctions.

An App is where it is at!

Bewertet am 7.9.2016
Mark J.
Executive Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The app experience for the mobile phone user is far better than receiving a text and reloading a web page each time you want to bid. In addition, the internet based back end was super user friendly and helped us drive to record breaking revenue !

Vorteile: Users became quickly engaged in the auction and we saw our average number of bids per item increase greatly!

Nachteile: With the ease of check-out, we could have included more items in the auction.

Handbid for Silent Auction

Jen S.

Kommentare: Transitioned from writing bids on bid sheets to Handbid, and had tremendous success. Our guests had a lot of fun with it and our revenue doubled the first year and tripled the second. Allowed our guests to engage in the live auction and silent (via their mobile devices) concurrently. I would highly recommend opening up the silent auction five days before, and working to get your guests up and bidding early and often! Thumbs up to Handbid and special shout out to the customer service team for the great support and training.

What did we ever do before Handbid?

Bewertet am 6.10.2016
Jason G.

Kommentare: Handbid is fantastic! Not only did it save us significant time and effort, but it boosted our auction revenue to record levels. This intuitive application was simple to set up and rich in functionality. Handbid's great technology is only rivaled by their commitment to customer service. They provided our team with the necessary tools before we even asked and their tech support was always available to help (even on weekends & after hours). Our only disappointment is having to wait until next year's Handbid auction!

Easy to Use Handbid

Bewertet am 18.9.2016
Becky H.
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Handbid was a truly cost effective solution for our auction. It was simple to use, and made the end of our evening so much smoother for our guests.

Vorteile: It was simple for both our attendees and planners.

Nachteile: I wish the detailed info was more visible from the phone app.

Glamour & Glitz Auction 2016

Bewertet am 19.9.2016
Blanche K.
Director of Development
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We purchased handbid for our school annual dinner and auction. This tool was wonderful and the staff was remarkable. Our experience was so wonderful that we have renewed our contract purchased it for our next year event in Feb 2017.

Vorteile: Easy to use

Nachteile: Nothing

Great looking auction

Bewertet am 7.8.2018
David B.
computer systems administator
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Work great and everyone was able to bid.

Vorteile: This software looks really good and modern. Its a little harder to learn but once you have the hang of it. its really powerful and you can do a lot with it. I love you can steam the stats for everyone to see at your event. has lots of options to customize your auction. Has great customer service

Nachteile: I with you had more control over the pictures to be able to resize the in the program. That's my only con of this great software and its easy fix with bulk resizing software.